Hunt And Destroy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serenity let out a quiet laugh at this. It sounded kind of weird to her, she hadn't heard herself laugh in such a long time she had almost forgotten the sound completely. She hadn't been around very many demons lately either, so it was nice to be able to actually talk to someone who might understand her a little. "Yea of course after everything that happened at the Chinese place who knows whats running through their minds right now..." She said thinking about what the humans must be thinking about all the deaths.

Faust watched her laugh, it was pleasant to see some hope after the mess he made that morning. "Their demise I hope. That was a wake up call, they aren't safe anymore."

"Yea I'm sure some of the really stupid ones will make up some excuse for it all though, somethings that keeps their 'perfect little world' unharmed." She said picking up more papers and flipping through them. She had never liked the humans, especially once more and more of them became hunters and started killing demons.

"Thats what they do, most humans rely too much on their science and numbers to have the faith to believe in demons and angels.. ans they will be the frist to die"

"Yea, of course I'm sure more people will start to realize the truth after this." Serenity said. She wondered what time it was as she started to feel hunger creeping into her stomach, but she wanted to keep searching for more information so she ignored it and picked up some more papers.

"I doubt it, this will change nothing about humans, but it will help me sleep...speaking of" Faust turned around to find Grendel asleep in his favorite armchair with a book resting on his belly.
"Hahahaha! Thats the Grendel I know"
Faust set his book down.
"Im hungry.. want something?"

Serenity knew that it probably was true, plus Redrum wasn't exactly a big city so a lot of people might not even learn about what had happened. She hadn't even noticed until then that Grendel had fallen asleep. "Yea I'm starting to get pretty hungry." She said setting down her papers.

"Follow me"
Faust stood up and waited for serenity follow him.
"what are you hungry for?"

Serenity started to follow him. She didn't even know where they actually where, so she had no idea how to get out. "Um, I don't know anything sounds good right now. A hamburger sounds really good though." She said, the thought of meat making her even more hungry.

"We might have some ground beef"
A book shelf lifted off the wall opening to a large living space with chairs and a fireplace
"kitchen is this way"

Serenity followed him into the kitchen looking around the room they were in now. She liked the place, it felt safer then her own house and a lot more comfortable, like she was hiden from the rest of the world almost but maybe it was just because it was new and different.

Faust opened the frige and took out some ground beef.
"Want anything to drink?"

Serenity looked at the beef and started feeling even more hungry. "Um, yes water would be fine." She said.

Faust filled her glass and then took some seasonings from a pantry.
"Grendel keeps everything well stocked." He smiled and started kneading the meat into patties.

Serenity took a drink from her glass. She watched him start kneading the meat and felt the guilt she always felt whenever she was about to eat meat. She loved animals, they were the only thing she had ever loved, but she was also halfway a tiger and there was no way she could ever be a vegetarian. "That's good, usually I just go and get food as I need, but sometimes I run out and have to go hungry for like a day." She said taking another drink of her water.

Faust laid out the patties and sprinkled on some salt and peper.
"well you won't have to worry while you're with us... We take care of our own."

Serenity smiled, she liked being here and actually helping these people do something. "I haven't even seen any other demons in a long time around here, but its nice to be around some of my own kind." Serenity said trying to think about how long ago it had been since she had been around another demon.

"I can tell, you smell of human and bad mexican take out"
Faust touched each paddy searing it under his hand to a rich juicy brown.
"could you get some buns? they're over on that counter"

Serenity went and got a few buns and carried them over to the counter next to Faust. "Yea I've been around the humans way to long in my opinion." She said honestly. She had been living with the humans for a year and a half now, which may not seem to long, but it was horribly boring to Serenity.

Faust took the buns.
"well its good to see you back with your kind. the wars back home have gone our of hand and now the Covenant is losing power and control of the realm. Things are unstable and we cant go back."
"faust handed her two burgers, got some condiments in the fringe if you like"

Status
Not open for further replies.