Hunt And Destroy

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Grendel clear of the shop Faust could finally make his escape. Thick black goo began to seep through the pores of his left hand forming a sticky mass on his palm. by this time SWAT had been called in and snipers would soon follow. He didn't have the heart to tell them bullets couldn't kill him, not yet. They started to yell at him to stand down, in response he hurled his left hand at the shop letting the goo fly free. Bullets followed, but before the police realized Faust could not be taken down, the shop was consumed by a dome of light that expanded to the street and squad cars. then just as quickly as the light appeared it disappeared leaving a cleanly cut crater all the while Faust watched from the roof of an apartment across the street.
"That was easier than I thought"
Faust didn't want to linger so took off in search of Emil. He could smell him, he was close, but he smelled something else.. Shadow... He followed his nose farther down the street thats when he saw them, two people hunched over a body. One looked terribly young, the other was angry. Faust watched and waited.

Grendel went about collecting the falling papers. "How you feeling missy? You look a bit dazed."

"Yea I'm fine, I'm just not used to doing...that." Serenity said as she began to feel better. She just barely came aware then that she was still in her pajamas and her hair was insanely messy since she had never brushed it that morning. She didn't really care about it, but her wild hair kept falling into her way and it was getting annoying having to pull it out of her face every few seconds.

Laurie stood atop a building, watching the chaotic show of the newly arrived demons while talking into a cell-phone.
"They're killing civilian cops, destroying buildings, basically wrecking everything...... No, we won't act until we get orders.... Yes sir.... Yes sir..... do we have permission to engage if approached?..... We'll send them out immediately..... Yes, sir..... Goodbye."
Laurie flips her phone shut and looks at the new crater in the north-east center of town. These stupid demons were destroying everything both kinds had built. Secrecy and stealth were going out the window because of these fucking idiots. Why kind of fools would get innocent humans involved? She scoffed and started to dial another number. Hunter hell was about to break lose for those morons....

Serenity started looking through the book. Her eyes skimmed over the book, but not long after she started reading she found something. "Hey, look at this." she said pointing at the page. It was talking about the history of demons and the portals they used to travel to other worlds.

Grendel lifted the book form her hands.
"this knowledge is ancient, how could a human get a hold of this?" Grendel read it over thoroughly.
"This knowledge of the portal system is so detailed, theres even a map... of our realm."
Flecks of ash began to fall from above and the loose pages began to flutter. More ash fell and it started coming together into a lage from a had appeared then a leg and finally a head, it was Faust.
"Glad to see your alive boyo"
"Likewise sir, have you found any..." Serenity caught faust's eye "...thing?"

Ghanyve walked around the empty apartment. When someone died, their energies were erased from the world. It was empty and cold without Mercy. He shut the door behind him, closing the curtains with the flick of his hands until the entire apartment was in complete darkness. Anyone who interrupted his mourning would have hell to pay.

Serenity knew it was odd for a human to have this information too. Everything was so detailed and correct it was almost exciting looking at the anceint pages of information. She glanced up as the body of Faust formed its way from ashes. She didn't think he was talking to her, but excited about the new information she answered anyways. "Yea we found this book with a lot of detailed information about the portals and the demon world...it even has a map of the demon world!" She said.

Zane was walking towards his apartment when he noticed something going on down the street. There were police cars lined up and a lot of dead bodies laying around. He walked over towards the restaurant now curious about what was going on.

Faust struggled to brake his stare and turned to Grendel.
"Is it true?"
"sure is, have a look for yourself" Grendel handed him the open book.
"I gotta hand it to the pretty lass for finding it. That was quite the discovery."
Faust looked over the page. "They know everything about our portal system.. they know how to create one.. with this information that could..." He looked back up catching a glint off serenity's eye "...could destroy everything"

Serenity's eyes widened as the things the guy was saying swormed around her brain. Its true, what if information like this got into the wrong hands and they tried to create a portal or destroy them! Or even a worse idea, what would happen if a hunter found out about this? Who knows maybe they already knew! "I wonder how a human even got this book..." she said knowing that not many humans knew about the portals, let alone how to create one!

"I don't know...is there an author?"
Grendel shook his head "Only the word Legion... but these books are not of our realm, they were made here."

"I wonder how they got so much information about demons and our world..." she said in wonder. Whoever wrote it must have gone through one of the ortals and stayed in the demon world long enough to make a map..."I hope no other human has this information or it could be very dangerous." She added thinking about what would happen if humans tried to cross through the portals.

Faust turned the page.
"I know of one who already has. His name is Emil, He was a demon hunter."
He ran his fingers over the old parchment.
"He saved my life"
Faust sat down.
"My family was trying to escape the war, we knew that going to the human realm would be far safer for us than staying. It seem that way too at first until whispers in the demon community of hunters cropped up. Many fled back we stayed and they found us, the tortured us, they knew our every weakness. All of my family was killed except for me. Thats when Emil found me. He treated me like an older brother he helped me escape and in the process became a dead man among his own people. I did the only thing that seemed right at the time, I took him through the portal to our world to hide until the time was right for us to strike back."
He stared directly into Serenity's swirling black eyes.
"That's why we're here now."

Serenity listened while he told her his story. Maybe whoever wrote the book had had help from a demon or something, or maybe they had just gotten lucky and discovered a portal by mistake. She looked up and met Faust's gaze, she felt almost shocked when he looked into her dakr eyes, she hadn't had someone look directly into them in a while and she wanted to look away but for some reason she couldn't take away her gaze. "Yes we have been standing by and letting these hunters get away with killing our kind for way to long..." she said darkly, finally breaking her eyes away from Faust.

Grendel had poured himself a drink and was looking over another book mouthing the words as he read them.
Faust looked at Serenity again "I never got your name."

"Oh, um its Serenity." Serenity said looking down at as pile of books. She picked another one up and started skimming over the words like she had before. "I don't believe you have told me your name yet either." She said curiously.

"Ronas.. but I also go by faust."
He lowered his head and picked up a loose paper off Grendels desk.
"So, what brought you here,? to the human realm, if you dont mind me asking"

"I don't know...mainly I was just looking for something to do so I just figured I would see what was here...there's nothing really that inter3esting here though and the humans are very stupid sometimes, but for some reason I've stay." Serenity said. Her reason wasn't nearly as good as Faust's. She didn't have some meaningful reason to be here, but maybe that's why she had come, so she could find some lost meaning for herself.

"I understand its hard to find a place to fit in, Ive tried to find myself since the day Emil freed me, I thought I had everything together. But I keep surprising myself."
Faust smiled
"At least its good to know im not the only one who think humans are stupid, haha"

Status
Not open for further replies.