Human & Shapeshifter

Kieara looked up at him and spoke. "I suppose." She said. She spoke again. "Will you lay down with me?" She felt safer when he was around. She liked being able to cuddle up to him too. It made her feel like she wasn't so alone. It made her feel like she had family. She wasn't sure why he had this effect, however. She simply knew that it was a feeling she enjoyed.

Surprised by her question Jason smiled. "Of course." Was all he managed to say. He gathered everything placing it in the kitchen and fixed the living room. Then he headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth before changing. He was use to sleeping in his boxers and no shirt but, when she was around he thought he should be more polite. She he threw on basketball shorts and a muscle shirt before waitinf on Kieara.

Kieara smiled as she curled up under the covers. She was waiting on him to lay down with her. She was rather tired actually. She lay on the mattress and soon was asleep. She had no dreams. Although she did sleep deeply.

Jason crawled into the bed after Kieara falling into a fast deep sleep. The whole night he saw nothing but black. Which was wiered for him because he was one to always have dreams.

Kieara curled up to him in her sleep seeking a sense of security. She felt safer close to him. This allowed her to sleep at ease. She didn't know if she was bothering him though when she did.

When Jason awoke he noticed how close he was to Kieara and for some reason couldn't help but smile. Ever so gently he moved her out of the way as he climbed out of bed. The sun was up bright today so he closed the curtains and headed outside. He sat on the front porch outside now removing his shirt and letting the breeze hit him. He closed his eyes and let in a deep breath. Nature always seemed to calm his nerves.

Kieara slept a bit longer, but she woke not long afterwards. She sat up rubbing her puffy eyes. Her punishment for crying the day before. She blinked until everything was clear, and then looked around. "Jason?" She asked. She got up when she didn't see him and then went looking. She found him outside.

Jason's eyes were still closed when he heard footsteps coming outside. He looked up to see Kieara standing behind him. "Good mourning." He said turning his head back to the trees. "I thought I would come sit outside for awhile. It being a nice day and all." With that he closed his eyes yet agian and began to hum to himself. "Would you like to join me?" he asked with eyes closed.

Kieara smiled and spoke. "Morning." She said sleepily. she nodded and came outside sitting with him. She reached up rubbing her own eyes as she yawned. She was still in the process of waking up.

Jason let out a low chuckle. "Sleepy head." He said giving her a light nudge. He was happy to know she was getting sleep and the nutrition she needed. "Oh you should get dressed soon. Were going out today." Before she could say anything he was already up and in the door.

She looked up at him and smiled. She laughed a little when he nudged her. She then watched as he retreated into the house. Where were they giong? She got up and went and got dressed.

Jason went inside getting dressed. When he was doen he grabbed his bag and waited for Kieara. He had decided that they were going to go out to eat. He knew a place called I-hop and thought it would be perfect. He was hoping that she wouldn't feel to uncomfortable considering the fact that she couldn't read. He would be there and he knew no one wouls judge her. "So I decided that we should go out and eat breakfast. If that's ok with you." He said.

She smiled and nodded then spoke. "Um...can.....can you help me with the menu?" She asked shyly. She felt bad and helpless about asking, but if she didn't she'd end up pointing ot a random menu item and she might not like it. she was very self-concious about not being able to read.

He nodded. "Of course I will." He felt bad that she was unable to read and thought of an idea. "You know if you want I could teach you. How to read." He didn't mind helping her. As long as she didn't mind. He felt sad for how much school she missed and thought this was the least he could do for her. He hopped on his bike and waited for her to jump on before taking off onto the dirt road.

"You..You'd teach me?" Her eyes seemed to light up at learning how to read. She grinned and hugged him. "I'd love that! Thank you!" She spoke to him and giggled softly. She got onto the bike behind him once outside.

Jason gave her a quick your welcome before starting up the engine. About ten minutes later they had reached the I-hop. Jason parked his motorcycle and told the lady that he needed a table for two. When they were seated he asked her what she had a taste for and described the meals to her. Waiting to see what she wanted to order. "Can I get you drinks?" He heard their waiter ask. "I'll take a water." He said before turning to Kieara. He knew she had no idea what to say so he orderd her a lemonade. He knew she would like it because those were one of the things she drunk at the house.

Kieara thanked him and then looked. She loved chocolate. She listened to him describe everything then spoke. "I like the chocolate chip pancake things. They sound good." she spoke with a soft smile. "thank you for helping me out Jason." She spoke to him. She was very grateful. She hugged him once more to express her thanks to him.

He gave her a quick smile before saying your welcome. When the waiter returned he ordered the chocolate chips for her and the butterilk pancakes for him. He knew that it would be at least a fifteen minute wait. "So..." He said looking down at his lap. What were they going to talk about for fifteen minutes?

Kieara smiled as she listened to him order for them. She looked around curiously. she looked when he spoke, but when he said nothing, she spoke. "I've never eaten in a restaurant before." She spoke to him. She hadn't gotten to do much of anything throughout her life that normal people did because of how she was raised being a servant.

Jason shrugged. "Well there's always a time to try new things." He said with a smile. He looked at the waiter who was busy working and thought about if this was what Kieara had to do. Did she have to go through this but worse. Were people yelling at or and beating her when she did something wrong. The thought of this happening to her made his face heat up.