Human & Shapeshifter

Kieara relaxed upon his explanation. "Oh... " She went over to him and looked up at him. "I'm sorry just the last time that someone said that....I......I was sent back to my master...." She spoke to him looking down. She did know better than him to do that to her, and now she felt guilty about it. "I didn't mean to offend you..." she spoke knowing it probably hurt his feelings.

Jason smiled down at her lifting her chin so that their eyes could meet. "It's ok your scared and you don't want to go back I understand. Just know that you can trust me and I wont do anything to hurt you." He met the words that came out of his mouth, but I had a feeling that once he said what he had to say she wouldn't feel trust in him anymore. He sighed looking down at her. "So I guess it's time for an explanation?"

Kieara blushed as he tilted her head to look at him. She smiled at his soothing reassurance. She then spoke. "I suppose." She spoke to him and watched him. "What is it you needed to tell me? I'll answer your questions afterwards." She had no idea what the news she was about to recieve was.

Jason let out a low groan before he changed into what could have been her twin. Not once did he look at her face as he quickly swtiched back. "I'm a shapeshifter...and...and this is not my home planet." He said as quickly as possible. He figured he would have to get it all out fast because she was about to run for the door. He took a step from her so that she could do as she pleased and waited. "I know I should have told you. It's just I didn't know how and you needed help and I thought since I was here I could help you." He let in a deep breath before he stopped. Nothing he could say now would change her mind on how she felt.

Kieara watched in awe. She smiled finally and went closer. "That's so cool." She spoke. "Very neat. I like it." She spoke to him. "I understand why you didn't tell me, it's perfectly understandable." She told him. She hugged him to show him it was ok. "So what did you want to ask me?"

Jason couldn't belive the reaction he got from Kieara. "She's ok with it?" He thought to himself. He was so deep in confusion he din't even notice the hug she gave him. It was only she began to speak that he came to. "Oh I...Um..." How was he going to start. "I was just wondering how those people came to capturing you and why didn't you parents try to stop them." He looked back down to the ground. "I know this is a sensitive subject for you and if you wish not to speak of it I understand."

Kieara looked up at him listening then back down. "Oh....well.....I don't have any parents...." She spoke. She didn't remember anything about her past other than serving people. "And I've served those people as long as I can remember...." She explained. "I ran away because lately they were beginning to be really mean to me."

Jason took Kieara by the hand. "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what life must be like for you." To think that she's been going through that hell hole day by day ever since she was little. He felt so bad for her. "Did you ever think of looking for you parents." He asked looking up at her.

Kieara looked up at him. "I have. A lot actually." She spoke to him. "Though I have no idea where to begin." She said. "I know nothing about them, I barely know anything about myself...." She admitted to him. They'd taken her entire childhood, and the majority of her young adult lide.

Jason nodded when she spoke. He wasn't from this planet so he knew very little about how she could contact them. He did know that there was someone called the "police". "What about the police? Are they not here to help you?"

She looked up. "Yes, but the police are more of a force for finding criminals, like if you have something stolen, or a missing person." She spoke. "Or if you're in need of help you call 911 if it's an emergency." She explained. "I don't know who you'd call to track down missing relatives from years and years before." She admitted to him softly.

Jason thought of this for a long moment before coming up with an idea. "What about those people called private investigaters. Can they help find a missing person?" It surprised him how much he knew about this earth even though he hadn't been on it for a long amount of time. Before Kieara could say anything Jason headed over to a book under a dresser. the book held a long list of numbers in it. "Will this help us any?" He asked as he handed it to her.

She gently took the book. "It might..." She looked up some private investigators and called them up. She waited until they answered and explained her situation. "Ok, miss we need your name to get started." She spoke. "Kieara." "Kieara what?" She paused. She never knew her last name....How embarrassing.... "Ma'am?" The lady on the phone asked and she hung up.

Jason waited as Kieara dialed the number. He watched as her face went from something that looked like hope into something with saddness. "Well...What happened?" He asked wondering why she had hung up. "Why did you hang up?" He knew she had hung up because the conversation was way to short. While he waited for her to speak he took a seat on the couch.

Kieara couldn't help what happened next. She'd spent the years of her life bottling up how she felt. She never said anything, always wore a smile. She felt her eyes well up with tears as her lip quivered softly. "I don't even know my last name...." She spoke as the tears streamed down her cheeks. She closed her eyes tightly.

Jason felt so bad for this poor girl. Quickly without thinking he grabbed her hand and pulled her close. Letting her cry into his shoulders. "It's going to be ok." He said as he smoothed the back of her head with his hand. "Will find another way to get contact with your parents." He lifted her chin upward so that they were looking eye to eye. Slowly he used his free hand to wipe away the tears that ran done her face. "Things are going to get better. I promise." His eyes trailed from her down to her lips. His eyebrows pulled to gether. Jason swallowed hard before looking away. "Come on Jason get yourself together." He though to himself.

Kieara sobbed into his shoulder unable to hide how she felt any longer. She soon felt him tilt her head up to look at him. She felt comforted that he was there for her now. She didn't notice him looking at her lips. "H-how no one knows who I am....even me...." She spoke to him. "How can I-I find my parents if I don't even know who I am?" She asked.

Jason didn't know the answer to her question and at that moment felt lower than ever. "I...I don't know." He said honestly. He felt horrible not knowing what to say or how to help. Yet still at the same time he knew he was right in some sort of way. "Let's not look at the bad side of things anymore. From now on look at the positive. Think about how you life is going now. Think about how it's taking a turn for the good." He said hoping this would make her feel better.

Kieara's sniffles and sobs slowed as he spoke. "Yeah, it is getting better...." She spoke to him and moved closer enjoying the comfort. She trusted Jason with her life. She didn't want him to leave and didn't know what she'd do when he did leave. Of course she didn't know he was leaving yet.

Jason hugged Kieara with a smile before looking back down at her lips. With a sigh he gently pulled her away. "It's late. You should get some sleep. Who knows maybe you'll be ale to think of something we could do tomorrow." The truth was Jason wasn't tired at all. He just didn't want to do something that he was going to regret later. As he stared into her eyes it was then that he realized leaving her would be the hardest thing he's ever done.