How angry can you get?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nani realized what Paris was doing and her heart dropped. DJ and Ace had been her friends before she'd even met Paris and Jean, and leaving them felt very, very wrong. However, she knew that if they continued their escape from this sudden tragedy having to support the weight of two fully grown men, they would end up dead and their bones strewn around everywhere. She very quickly went into her pack, pulled out a piece of old paper and hurriedly scribbled onto it.

DJ & Ace,
We've been overwhelmed and cannot keep you with us, we've tried really hard and gotten really far, but it seems that we can't do that anymore. Infected are on our asses and it's just not working. I hope that you get the chance to read this note. We've left some food and supplies.
Nani

She stuffed the pencil back into her pack and pushed Ace over safely next to DJ, placing a few cans of food and some first aid supplies in between them. That should do it, she thought, her heart racing as she made this decision so rashly. She took one last glance at her two friends and then jumped up, running after Paris.

*Jean scowled at Paris and Nani before looking back towards DJ and Ace.*

Just leaving them here? They cant defend themselves from the impending zombies so leaving those rations seems like rubbing salt in their wounds. Hiding them so quickly is just a way to help them sleep at night, but unfortunately I cant deny that the situation is impossible, and I will be just as responsible for leaving them behind. I cant leave it as it is.

*Jean looked to Nani and Paris, already running ahead. He then looked towards the zombies.*

1,2....4,5,6.... OK so only the first three are close enough to stumble upon them and the three behind can be directed away. If i can lure them away slightly they should be alright where they are. I hope.

"Ill catch you two up, don't wait for me. Find a spot that we can defend, or a place where we can lose them." He shouted.

*He ran around the first three zombies attracting there attention, shouting at the three behind to gain the same effect.*

The fields fencing should hold them up momentarily so I will run up, across and then down again at the next field and liaise with the others.

*Jean began his plan and once he had the zombies attention he turned tail and ran.*

Running for my own life is scary enough, running for three peoples lives is stupid. Lets not make a habit of this Jean.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Jean ran off with his ever so familiar look, *something like when Spiderman is saving Mary Jane from the Green Goblin except with less value for his own life*. Nani and I had no plans of self sacrifice, I was sprinting now getting as much distance between us and our pursuers, I crossed the field quick as a rabbit, hopping the fence and surveying the surroundings....*nothing* turn my head, *nothing*........*wait there, directly ahead, it was small but no other choice presented itself. I ran towards it and as I did, it shrank and winced in to clarity. It was tiny, it was a tiny wooden shack, *it was awful*. I got to the door realizing I hadn't turned around to make sure people were following me.....*hopefully they were*

Nani, right on his tail, was fretting over Jean's unnecessary heroics. While she felt he was being rather stupid, she couldn't help but admire him for what he was doing, going out of his way to save DJ and Ace. He never failed to show her a side of humanity she rarely saw in people, as the surviving population had adapted to the constant threat of being killed. It was these moments that he made her question her actions, made her wonder if it was really necessary to kill and sacrifice to survive. Then, she looked behind her and those thoughts completely left her mind at the sight of the infected far back. "Jean, Jean.... where are you..." she mumbled, panic stricken as she kept pressing herself forward. Internally she was battling with herself over whether or not she should turn around and find him.

She let out a growl of irritation at her colliding thoughts and pressed on.

I pushed open to door and walked in, it looked to be part of a bigger structure that had been removed. It was completely empty, featureless inside only the thing that broke the wooden panels were the door bolt and metal framework of the door, rusted beyond salvation but still somehow usable. *This is going to suck, but I had no choice, it was either stay here or keep running out there with no guarantee of finding somewhere better, without a map, I didn't even know which direction to head*. First things first, I removed my satchel "Where are the others?"

Without my guns or car I was back to square one, any minute somebody better equipped could jump me and that was if I could survive the mindless undead that would no doubt be swarming this countryside for days after an explosion like that. Just one defense remained....Jean

*Jean looked over his shoulder, breathing heavily.*

Good it looks like its working, they have moved away from the other two. Not all the zombies are the same speed, looks like one of them has a problem with its hosts leg and walks with a limp. The group is split between the three at the front, and two left behind them.

*He looked at the fence just ahead of him, ran to it and climbed over, Lighting a cigarette on the other side and drawing his sword.*

I cant see any more around me so realistically if I can lose these, and assuming the others haven't bumped into any more, we should be able to lay low. I'm sure Paris is thinking the same thing which means he will be looking for somewhere to defend and hide. This fence should allow me to get rid of one of them, two hands, side on, clean swing extending from the elbows, leaning from the shoulder.

*Jean swung his sword at the zombie furthest right as it lunged over the fence. Then at the second as it scrambled up from the ground.*

The neck is an easy target, much easier to cut through then the head itself, The first head hit the floor followed by the body on the other side of the fence. The second having fallen face first into the ground after charging into the hip high fence Enjoyed my sword into the back of its head.

*Jean looked up, before stabbing the head once more and running ahead, flicking his freshly lit cigarette on the floor.*

A good chance to exercise my third and final rule for surviving, double tap, when fighting these monstrosities make sure you go the extra mile to finish them off so they cant come back again. One this side, and two at the fence. Flat field for a while now so its going to be a lot more difficult to lose them.

*Jean sprints with his sheath in one hand and his katana in the other for about 100 meters and then turns.*

The one on this side will be here slightly before the others, this is my best chance to deal with him.

*He posies himself and rolls to the right before swinging his sword in a low sweep. He then walks around behind the zombie and plunges his sword quickly through the back of the head twice.*

Movement is the key to both aggressive and defensive fighting in this world. Doesn't matter which side you are on, if you lose the ability to move well, you're a gonna. Now where did the others two get to.

*Jean surveyed the field as he ran from the remaining two.*

There is Nani but where is Paris? That fool probably forgot to check if Nani was with him. If I just follow the line from Nani......... That hut, Paris will probably be there.

*He changed his course towards Nani.*

The burning sensation up the back of my thighs was not going unnoticed, I cant run for much longer with this rough footing swinging my sword willy nilly, not to mention the tightening of my chest thanks to a bad habit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
Nani was still standing there stupidly looking for Jean. When he came into sight, her heart skipped a beat. He's not dead.. she thought, relief coursing through her veins. She took this moment to look back towards Paris, who was now inside the wooden shack. After a quick glance back at Jean to ensure he was going to make it, she turned and headed into the shack. My, what an awful place, she laughed. It may have been ugly, but it was their saving grace in this situation. Once Jean was in, she was sure they'd be able to lock the door and remain safe in here until the coast was clear. "Good find," she said to Paris, flashing him a smile. This didn't calm her nerves, however, and wouldn't until Jean as safely with them.

As Nani bursts into the shack, my head snaps forward and I quickly slam the door behind her. I move over to a small hole in one of the panels to survey the area, Nani had come from. Nothing had followed her but we needed to be careful, even from here I could see the plumes of smoke, by nightfall the entire place would be crawling with zombies. Jean was going to have to lose whatever was chasing him before charging into our safe haven.

*Jean looked over his shoulder as he arrived at the shack banging on the door.*

"Hey its me."

The running and fighting is taking its toll, My breathing is no longer controlled and my body aches. Getting into the shack now will be a welcomed rest but there is still two more that have to be dealt with, Quietly.

*He knocks on the door once more.*

"Paris, I've got two more out here I could use a hand."

• Love
*Un-fucking-believable*

*Was it too late to pretend we weren't in here and let Jean find somewhere else to hide.....probably, any attention is going to get us killed, was Jean's life worth that much?*

I pulled back the door bolt, dragging Jean in as I left the shack and ran at the two remaining zombies, in one hand I held a small bottle of liquor about the size you get from a minibar hanging out of the open top was a cotton bandage, in my other hand a zippo lighter with an american flag detailed on the front. I flicked the cap off, ran my thumb over the flint and lit the bandage. Unconventional weapons were more my style and as much as a Molotov doesn't kill as quick as a sword or gun, it tends to leave the recipients without a sense of direction and makes for an excellent distraction. I threw the bottle at the nearest one only several meters from where I ran, it impacted and fire splashed around the 'comedy duo', they began thrashing violently and ran towards where they thought I was. They guessed incorrectly and as the flaming fleshbags, stumbled and chased further away, I saw the flames begin to subside.
I dropped.
It took me a few minutes to crawl through what I imagined was barley before I arrived back at the entrance to the shack, as I slid the door open and crept in I saw Jean splayed out like a cat in the sun. "Next time, I leave your arse for dead!" I couldn't shout in this situation but it was a god damn struggle not to.

It all happened fairly quickly, and Nani smiled at Paris. "Great idea, the Molotov is classic," she said, peeking out to see a few extremely confused infected. "So we're safe for now, but what's our plan after? We should have stuck to the highway, I'm thinking." It began to dawn on her that the now had no vehicle and were stuck in a shack surrounded by infected. Not the ideal situation, but it was better than being dead. With a sigh she sat in the corner of the shack and removed a can from her pack, the beef stew she'd looked forward to for so long. It had one of those tops you could pull right off, which was rather convenient for her current situation. She ripped the top off and brought out a bowl, pouring some into it. "Anybody want some? I've got 2 bowls so someone will have to eat from the can," she said.

She set the can on the ground and inched it towards them, beginning to eat hers with a rusty spoon she'd kept in her bag. Mmmm, she thought. It was even better than she'd imagine, even if it was cold.

"NO!" I stared at her with a blank yet furious expression "how can you eat right now, you have a problem".
"And what are you talking about, you agreed to take the backroads don't pin this on me. Anyway there is a bigger problem now, i'm not sure which way to go or how far it will take to get there, so we need to take a chance and pick a direction."
I look up at the roof of the shack and think to myself..........."That way has my vote" I point in the direction opposite to the door.

"Did I ever say, oh hey Paris, this is all your fault, you're a fucking moron and I blame you? I don't remember doing that, I believe I said maybe we should have stuck to the highway, as in maybe we made an error in judgement." she said, her voice laced with annoyance. She then finished her food and tossed the bowl back in her pack after wiping it off. She put back on her pack and stood, stretching. "You lead the way, I'll try to keep my mouth shut as to not anger you," she spat, rolling her eyes and turning to face away from him.

• Love
*Jean silently chuckled to himself and continued to lay panting.*

Paris has always hated other people eating things around him, the noise of chewing, the smell of the food. Obviously I do it all the time but this is just too funny. Thinking about it though, Nani really does enjoy her food a little too much.

"The highway you say ? Hmmmmm."

Not usually the smug type, but it should ease the tension in this very small shed, at the very least I found it amusing.

*Jean takes out a cigarette resting it in his mouth, before reaching for his lighter.*

"We heading out already ? Jesus."

• Love
"You don't need to say it!", I pick myself up and peak out of the door, "it's clear, unless you want to check in case I've made another error of judgment."
"Come on chuckles, we should probably get moving if your up for it" sarcasm mixed with contempt, *should've left him outside*. I move out into the open and start to creep through the farmland, no zombies close enough to see us but there could definitely hear us *some people should keep their traps shut*.

Nani stared at Paris for a moment, wanting so badly to say something in response to his nasty attitude. She deemed this unwise, however, and glanced back at Jean. After shooting him a friendly smile, she crouched down on the ground and began moving behind Paris. It took every ounce of focus to remain silent, but she did it. One loud noise and they'd be swarmed. That's it, that's it, keep doing what you're doing, you've got it, she thought to herself, her heart racing for what seemed like the thousandth time that day. Ah, the apocalypse, you never knew just how your day was going to turn out. Usually it wasn't spent leisurely lounging around a campfire. Because of this, she enjoyed evenings spent that way much, much more.

Reactions: TiedInBone
Just when we find a sweet little spot to rest, cant a guy get a little rest around here? Honestly, apocalypse life.

*Jean followed suit and kept low behind them. Looking everywhere but in front of him.*

Don't look at her ass, focus on the fight for survival Jean. This barley makes it hard to see our surroundings which gives the zombies the upper hand. I hope we are not going to be running for long, I am not sure how long my legs can hold out.

• Love
After what seemed like forever crouching and moving along silently, Nani spotted a dirt road to their far left. Okay, wonder where that goes... she thought. "Fucking fuck.." she muttered under her breath, wishing that they still had a reliable vehicle. This uneven ground would make for slow traveling. It was a struggle to keep her spirits up, but she still tried. As she glanced around, there appeared to be no more infected. At this realization, she stood up, stretching her back which was now very sore. "Do you want to head towards the road? Not sure where it leads." She asked her two companions, stifling a yawn with her mouth as she awaited hearing their valued opinions.

• Love
"We should probably follow it, at least it definitely heads somewhere", *I felt defeated I had lost my car, most of my possessions and DJ had been left for dead, I wish Jean had the strength to carry him further but wishing wasn't going to bring him here*. I looked out both ways the road went, neither seemed great choices but it was time to pick, I looked down at my feet did a little spin and started walking down the side of the road, my satchel swung by my side and it finally occurred to me, sooner or later I was going to run out of supplies, survival had become a whole lot harder. I forgot about Jean and Nani as I walked down the road ahead of them, I wanted to be alone with my thoughts and as the day drew on, I saw it, a sign post stood tall in the distance, one word visible this far away.....MOTEL

• Love
Nani walked beside Jean silently for a while, Paris way ahead of them. Since he'd snapped at her earlier, she realized that he probably wanted to have some time alone and she was happy to give it to him. Suddenly, at nearly the same time as him, she saw the sign for the motel. Half a dozen thoughts then crossed her mind at once. Supplies? Infected? Humans? Beds? Alcohol? The possibilities were endless, and a smile crept onto her face as she thought about it. With the place being this far out, it's impossible that it had been completely ransacked. She glanced over at Jean and poked him in an attempt to get his attention. "Do you see that?" She pointed at the motel sign. "We're in luck today. Even if there are people there, perhaps someone will want to trade things for a vehicle, you never know. What if there's alcohol?" she asked, too hopeful as usual. Nani preferred the bright side, even if the bright side was a little delusional.

As they got closer, she once again began to think of all the things a nice motel would have to offer. She could see the building itself now, which had two floors of rooms. Good scavenging spot? We'll see, she thought cheerfully, a light skip in her step.