How angry can you get?

I take a moment to collect the current events.. Some guys try to take my supplies leaving.me for dead .. Me totaly refusing to go with them now I think should I tag along with nani and the sniper until e are in a clear safe zone .... I keep anymore words not wanting to re distribute the hostility that has recently been taken down I jump in the back of the truck and sit with my bag on my side I take a dirty canteen and drink ..

For the remanlinder of the rid I sit and remember the times before the outbreak when I come to isee a gas station I looks like everyone is gettingalong.. With the hard feelings gone I smile then see that there aare a few undead and I stand trying to spot the group

Nani looked over he shoulder and just barely could make out DJ finally snapping out of his daze. "Hey, we're over here!" She said, waving her arms next to the fire. "Nice and warm over here, come sit! No threats here." With a smile, she turned back to the fire and rubbed her hands together in front of it.

(Short post, no real point but to direct DJ to our characters.)

There was a brisk chill in the air, not sure if it was the cold coming from various members of my party's chest cavities, or the sun falling behind the horizon. In this world full of brainless, flesh eating monsters, what makes us different? I'm not so naive to suggest that right and wrong have remained the same over the last 5 years, its very much a grey area, but if I had to suggest one fundamental difference between the obvious heartbeat, my guess would be intelligence, branching from that, empathy and compassion. I just can't understand why anyone would want to kill another member of their own dying race.

*He looked over to DJ, Nani, and 'Rocky' shaking his head.*

The three of them standing by the fire, looked like the embodiment of hell, claiming their victims before returning to the flames.

*He turned to his 'Friend' still situated beside the truck.*

"I'm gonna take the car closer to the station, and I will start the first watch, you should go get some rest with the others......."

*He jumps out the back and opens the driver side door.*

"Oh, that woman on the roof, you mentioned she had a scoped rifle? You should probably make the most of her loss."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I throw the last of the bodies onto a pile out back and return the fire, Jean is staring at us with that ever so familiar macabre look on his face, *he never did like how I preferred to do things, never stopped me though*.
"Look who finally woke up" I joke with DJ, hoping to build some trust, he was clearly going to take the most persuasion. "So..." I struggle to fill the silence and end up not trying to. I lean back onto a now owner-less and pleasantly warm sleeping bag, I stare up at the ceiling and quickly get lost in my thoughts. The only traces of reality the taste of my gum and the feel of my gun, held cautiously in my outstretched hand.

The young woman glanced over in time to see Jean, who was still obviously quite angry with her, walking away. She was done feeling guilty over her earlier actions. The spotter had started shooting at them, so she did what was right. Even if Nani had wanted to spare the spotter, would it have been decent for her to wake up alone, surrounded by the dead bodies of her friends? She wasn't sure why the death of the spotter bothered Jean so much, it was almost as if he hadn't been living in apocalyptic world for the past 5 years. Death was a part of life these days, unfortunately, and if he wasn't aware of that then he was most likely going to end up dead or infected soon enough. With a forcibly indifferent shrug, she sat back, pulling out a bottle from her bag. Liquor. I was lucky to find this, she thought as she pulled the cork off, threw her head back and took a big gulp.

About a half hour passed by and she could feel the tension of the evening beginning to wear off, relaxation taking it's place.

• Love
Several things it seems I must note about my new travelling acquaintances.

The one who wants to be called Rocky is ready and willing to murder others at the drop of a hat. No questions asked, no attempts at peaceful communication; he just draws a chunky-ass handgun and goes to town on a bunch of people who's only wrong-doing is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nani and Jean seem more than happy to go along with it as well, the girl dropping the spotter on the roof. At least Jean has the decency to look worried about the whole thing.

That's one notch on the 'this lot are a bunch of fucking crazy people' tally. Few more and I don't much fancy spending any more time with them than I have to.

I speak not another word throughout the encounter, and I don't fire a single shot. They can get their mass murder on, I'll be having no part in it. I'm thankful for the rain starting to roll in, and the thunder; they mask the gunshots as my dear cohorts fire away with reckless abandon. What a fucking waste; so few of us still alive on this wasteland of an Earth, and here we are massacring each other over a place to stay for the night.

We called this place the land of the free once. The home of the brave.

Now it's the land of the dead. The home of the desperate. And the only question that matters now is what you're willing to do to ensure you see another day.

Jean drifts over to the truck I remain at once the ambush is finished, pointing out that the murdered woman's rifle might be worth taking.
"Yeah, sure," I mutter in response, "Nothing like fucking with a dead person's corpse right after killing them." My voice has lost the friendlier, gallows-humour tone to it now; there's a bitter note to it now, a hint of contempt. I reach up to pat the rifle slung across my back. "Whatever piece she was rocking, doubt it's gonna stand up to this number. But knock yourself out." With a grunt I climb down from the back of the truck and start to walk towards the gas station. "Right then. Let's go seeing if you guys killing five people in cold blood was worth it."

Is that how cheap a human life is these days?

Goddamn, it's the moments like this that remind you just how fucked everything is.

The tone in his voice gave an accurate idea on how he was feeling, don't think I will be finding out his name anytime soon.

*Jean watched him head over to the gas station before getting into the truck.*

I was half hoping for someone I could relate to, but it seems instead I have been lumped in with the others as a bad guy in an american slasher.

*He sighed, and tucked the car in by the station, before climbing up the ladder.*

The sight seen at the top was one that would give adults nightmares, but it was nothing compared to the view over the edge. A pool of crimson mixing with the rain, dripping off the edge.

*He peered over the edge.*

A con-caved head, on top of a bullet ridden body laying crumpled on the ground, blood spreading slowly outwards. To have survived this long only to hear your companions murdered beneath you before being slaughtered yourself, its just too brutal to believe.

*Jean pulled away from the edge, and held one hand over his mouth heaving. Walking to the opposite side of the roof he sat legs hanging.*

First watch, I'd be OK to stay up here all night. I get the feeling DJ hated me from the moment we tried to hold them up, go figure. Nani obviously saw my feelings about the spotter, she had a point about waking up to all your friends massacred so maybe it was harsh of me, after all she was going to kill 'him', and our 'Friend' has made his opinion abundantly clear. Looks like I've struck out on the political front.

• Love
I roll the gum over my tongue, the last of the cherry flavorings extracted now, *need some fresh air*. I motion to get up, then the gentle patter of rain meets my ears, *must have tuned it out in my little daydream*. I found my need to leave the warmth of the fire and the stirring company of my new found 'pals' drastically lowered.
Walking over to the back door of the gas station, I flick my gum onto the now piled bodies, taking careful aim to plug a bullet wound with the sticky ball, I stood there a few moments to watch the oozing blood cling to it, regaining its original color as the flickering glow from the fire danced over the slowly decaying corpses. I smile to myself *funny what you find beautiful in this day and age.*

I shake a few rain droplets from my hair as I settle myself back down, "Storm's coming, if we're snugglin' DJ I wanna be the big spoon", *a few lighthearted jokes ought to win him over*. I put my Tokarev down next to me, whether or not its justified, I trust these guys not to try anything, for now we're as thick as thieves.

Nani was sat back next to the fire, a bit more tipsy than she'd have liked, when she heard Mr. Sniper's words. The young woman jumped up, fast-walking right in his direction. She stopped right beside him. "Us guys? Counting me in this fucked up mess? From the time we pulled in, I had no fucking plans to kill a single soul. Hell, I was gonna barter with these sons of bitches, see if they had anything we wanted and were willing to trade for FOOD." She pulled three cans out of her bag and threw them on the ground at his feet. "I am not a killer. How was I supposed to know Mr. Trigger Happy was gonna walk in there and start slaughtering them? I've said it once, I'll say it again, I would not have shot if the sniper hadn't begun to shoot at them, Okay? If I'd tried to make peace after the slaughter of her friends, I doubt she would've greeted me with anything more than a bullet to the head. I feel guilty. I feel remorse. I am not a fucking lunatic. I acted on impulse, I didn't think clearly, and I feel fucking awful about it, okay?" She shrieked at him, tears now flowing down her face and blurring her vision. Her glare was on him, anger clouding her judgement.

She whirled around and grabbed her bag before taking off into the darkness, far away from her companions.

*Fuck, she did not take that well*, "Jean, get the fuck after her you idiot".
"'Ace' get on the roof and make sure nothing reaches her before Jean does".
I look to Jean, who is climbing down the ladder, "Now, dipshit, now would be great!"

*Jean stood up on the roof as he watched Nani run away from the station. Heading over to the ladder and climbing down, he turned his head towards 'him'.*

"Whats going on? After her? where is she going? OK OK I'm going."

Sending me made sense, sporting only a sword I may not be much of a threat against humans with guns, but what I lack in murderous intent, I make up for in my ability to survive. My first of the three rules to survival in this new world, agility. My fitness is extremely high, wearing lightweight clothing and comfortable trainers, I am fast on my feet.

*He sprints in the direction of Nani, surveying his surroundings as he goes.*

The second, awareness. Never let yourself be in a situation where you don't know how many zombies you are dealing with, always plan and look out for dangers and escape routes.

"Nani wait! It isn't safe !"

She is still in sight, I can catch up to her but she sure is shifting, now is not the time to be impressed.

• Love
Nani was still crying and was very tipsy, which made her incredibly irrational and stupid as well as slightly clumsy. She was still running full force in the opposite direction of the gas station, her speed never wavering even as she turned her head back to scream at Jean. "Fuck you, you think I'm a monster! I'm not a monster, I was trying to save you! You don't even underst-" She was cut off as she suddenly tripped over something and went flying. "FUUUUUUUU-" She landed right on the ground, chest first, and was silent.

I guess I expected something like that, I wasn't very subtle earlier.
"Oh shit."
*Jean put his head down and ran as fast as he could across the field towards her. upon reaching her he looked around 360 degrees and then bent down beside her.*
"Nani you alright?"
*He nudged her slightly.*
"Hey, come on lets get back to the station shall we?"
*He waited a few moments, before turning her onto her front carefully.*
Has she been crying? What the hell happened back there. Why the hell is she running into the dark like that, Jesus she stinks of liquor.
*He laughs to himself, before nudging her again.*
"Seriously Nani, I cant see shit, this isn't safe."
*He shook her once more.*

• Love
After what must have seemed like forever, Nani let out a sudden cough and her eyes opened. She saw Jean and immediately raised her arms up to guard her face. "Please don't, we can talk this over, please just give me a chance to-" she went silent, realizing what was actually going on. "Wait a second," the girl took a few moments to recollect what had happened before she blacked out, and began to feel very stupid. "Oi, I'm sorry, man. I could've gotten us killed or eaten, I am an utter moron," she muttered, shaking her head as she got to her feet. Her pack had fallen off of her when she tripped, causing her things to scatter. She rubbed her chest, where blood was beading up from fall, as she gathered things and stuffed them back in. Something about being around all these men has me acting stupid, I never did things like this when I was by myself, never killed anyone, never acted like a little girl. What the fuck. She thought to herself. By now, her pack was full once more and her pistol was safely in her hand.

"Shall we?" She said cheerfully, even if the chipper note to her voice was forced. As they made their way back to the gas station, she thought about what she'd say to Sniper, how she'd apologize for screaming at him and acting like a child. As these thoughts clouded her mind, she wiped away blood from her chest wound as it returned. She had a feeling she'd need to patch it up at the fire, as the bleeding wasn't stopping. No problem, her pack had a little of everything, a pathetically stocked first aid kit included.

I stood outside the gas station door, just close enough to be warmed by the fire, Jean would get her back, wasn't the best when it came to ending lives but saving them, he got a kick out of that. It took a while before, they came back into view, Jean was still to unsheathe his blade so clearly the wound on Nani's chest was self inflicted. "What happened back there.......doesn't really matter, what matters is nobody got hurt, kinda" my eyes drop to her wound, "There is a first aid kit under the driver's seat, your welcome to patch yourself up, need you at full strength." *It was true she had been the one to save my ass and I had never really thanked her*, "Listen, fuck the others, you and I both know you did what needed doin', I wouldn't be here otherwise." *Sincerity never suited me but there's a time and a place for everything*, I give Jean a look of reluctance as he grins to himself; his own moral victory.

Reactions: Closer
"Don't sweat it, lets just get back. Although, if there is any more of whatever you were drinking, Its been quite a night. I could use a drink."

*Jean followed slightly behind Nani keeping an eye out for any movement.*

What she said when she woke up, I know you don't help people for credit, but seriously, what did she think I was going to do?

*He sinks into his shoulders and pouts his lips.*

What kind of monster does she think I am. Speaking of monsters.....

*Jeans grin spreads upon receiving a dismissive look from 'him'*

He never has been the grateful type, this look definitely doesn't suit him, his bravado doesn't work when he owes someone some gratitude. 'He' sure chose an obscure way of showing it too.

*He chuckles to himself, before going to the back of the truck, and pulling a bottle and a glass from a sack.*

"Ill be on the roof, get some rest guys. Be sure to patch her up 'Rocky'."

The very sound the nickname was hilarious, but a long shot cooler than his real name, so ill let it stick for his sake. If I hear one joke from him about Adrian, I will be sure to reveal a much less desirable name.

*Jean, mounted the ladder, and re-took his place on the roof, pouring a drink and necking it, before pouring another.*

"That reminds me, block the back door will you, we can see anything coming from the front with plenty of warning."

• Love
As Nani walked over and sat by the fire, she heard Jean's friend speak to her. Words of comfort? Not what she expected from this guy, but she'd take it. "Thank you. I'm sorry for running off like that and putting you at risk, it won't happen again," she said to him, flashing him a smile before turning away and fishing around in her bag. Come on, come on, aha. She got out the first aid kit, then the alcohol, cotton swabs, and some bandages. Everything in the kit was slightly yellowed, as if it'd been left out in the elements for a while Nani didn't mind. First, she opened the alcohol and soaked a cotton swab in it. Clenching her teeth, she dabbed at the wound on her chest. The young woman sighed, definitely feeling the pain of all that dirt that had collected in the wound when she hit the ground. Once it was sufficiently clean, she opened a rather large bandage and placed it over the wound.

"Ah, there we go, much better," she said aloud. Only when everything was cleaned up and the aid kit was in her bag did she lay back, using her pack as a pillow, and let herself fall asleep.

""aghhh mom it wasnt... " i look around seeing sniper nani and one o the guys who i know as luigi . i sit up this was the first sleep i have had in a while and it was cut short but why ... completely lost in my last dream i blink a few times .. 'shit my stuff' jump up ignoring my recent outburst as i awoke.. i grab my bag and go to a far corner.. checking for mythings"where is my gun ..(i pause looking back to the fire) my shotgun where is it" .. i began to look over the ground in hopes of fnding it .... my eyes are blood shot red a person would think to call me crazy at first glance.. but in a world like his des crazy eve exist. opa"i found it guys" it was on a shelf above my head were i had slept i gab it and take a seat ....

after amoment i look up even with dirt al over her clothes nani still looked lke somthing out of the movies .. now seem like a great time it was quiet no zombies and it seems like all is well wit us and the bandits.. but where is the other guy the aggressor my head darts in every part of heroom. i start to head toward the sniper..

• Love
*I look to Jean, well should have expected that, very rarely am I on the defensive but empathizing left me far too open for his little quip.*
"Well 'Ace' think this silly name game can drop now we have all gotten to know one another, I mean DJ and I are practically brothers at this point" I glance over at the awakening DJ, fumbling around like a headless chicken, shouting about something unimportant "well adopted brothers anyways".
With one final sigh, I submit to Jean's obvious desire, no tricks or masks to hide behind, *honestly where is the fun in that*.
"My name's Paris, as in the prince of Troy not the......." I decided to leave it there, let them find their jokes on their own.
"So, Snipes what's it gonna be, we got a lot of road between us and 'the city', it would be nice to have some idea of who everyone is?", *speaking of which, we still needed gas, looks like I was spending the rest of the night siphoning gas from the tank of a miserable looking repair truck that was parked alongside the station, excitement never ends*.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
When Nani stirred from her sleep, she noticed that it was morning. How long have I been sleeping? She wondered, yawning and scanning the area. The young woman grabbed for her bag and reached inside, removing her comb. After brushing the dirt away, she made quick work of her messy hair and fixed the ponytail. She got to her feet, yawning once more. "Hello up there! What's our plan of action on this fine day?" She asked Jean, who had been up on the roof all night. She would most likely have been better off asking Paris (lol) but as he was nowhere in sight, she settled for Jean.

(Short post, whatever.)

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people