How angry can you get?

*Jean walked alongside Nani, Lighting another cigarette.*

"Yeah I see it I see it. Seems like we are in luck, we should be able to gather some supplies and take shelter."

*He runs ahead to catch up to Paris, beckoning Nami to do the same.*

As nice as this cheap motel seems in our current situation it there is numerous dangers that could be lerking.

"Whats the plan guys? There could be people or stiffs in there."

"Good point, you scout on ahead, make sure it's safe Jean", I sit down and reach into my satchel to grab a bottled water, I finished it hastily as I watched for Jean to move out. "Nani, we should stay back the more of us that go, the higher the risk,"
"Jean, hurry we could all use a rest" *and a drink*

The feeling of being exposable was hidden somewhere in Paris's complete disregard for my safety.

*Jean nods to paris and keeps low on his approach to the motel.*

"Stay safe."

Like all buildings in the apocalypse, all the electricity was off. No sign of humanity staying here on first glance. The artistic patterns of bloody handprints and smeers decorated the doors and walls. No infected as far as I can tell in the car park but a room sweep will be needed or I for one wont be able to rest my eyes.

*Jean paused at the reception.*

Nani listened to Paris telling Jean to go ahead without them, and she perked a brow. "I'd rather go ahead with him," she said, running up to join Jean. She looked back to Paris and grinned before turning to face the motel. "A little scary, I have to say," she muttered nervously. This was a huge risk as Paris had said, but she didn't want Jean to go alone, he had proven along their short journey together that he was worth more than that. As they got closer, she saw how run down the place was as well as the obvious horrors that had occurred there. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea... She didn't quite know. She stayed close to Jean, feeling slightly intimidated by this place. A sound could be heard in the next room, she couldn't quite make out what it was, though, apart from the fact that it didn't sound human. "Is that... an infected? An animal?"

It was a high pitched noise. Whatever it was, it didn't sound happy.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
*Jean looked at Nani with a confused expression.*

Whats she doing, Paris just said they were waiting back there, and I havn't cleared the area yet.

"Nani, What are you doing?" He whispered.

*He turned towards the screech from the next room.*

"Woah, shhh shhh, ok no guns here Nani, we need to be attracting as little attention here, got anything else you can use?"

I cant help but feel comforted that I'm not doing this alone, but what can she do without a gun ?

• Love
"You shouldn't have to go alone, I'm just as able as you, I've got your back," she said, her voice barely above a whisper as to stay quiet. At his request to not use loud weapons, Nani nodded, reaching into her back pocket and bringing out an army knife. She unfolded the weapon and wiggled it in front of her to show him. "This baby has saved me countless times," she said in his ear. Whatever was in the room made another heart-stopping screech that somehow sounded closer than the others. "Better get ready, stay stealthy. We've got the upperhand as it's pretty dark in here."

• Love
Its reassuring to have someone to watch my back, although that knife looks a little close for comfort when it comes to dealing with stiffs.

*He nods to her, and walks slowly towards the room, sword drawn.*

"Ill go in first, Kick the door in and deal with whatever is making that noise. Be ready to come in behind me."

*He positioned himself outside the door and then put his boot to the handle with a hard kick, before charging into the room.*

The room was filled with the stench to match the horrifying scene. A stiff stood idle in the middle of the blood covered room, the remains of someone spread over the bed and the floor. It turned and met my charge feeling the cold steel blade though its shoulder.

*Jean used his foot to push the sprawling zombie backwards off of his sword and onto the floor, before swinging at it once more.*

• Thank You
The smell that filled the air was one that Nani had not gotten used to over the years. It wasn't a smell that she'd had the pleasure of coming in contact with before the infection. She held her breath, her back against the wall right outside the door. Flipping open her knife, she spun around and headed in. Jean seemed to have it under control so she relaxed a little... well, as much as she could for this brutal scene. If she'd seen something like this 4 years ago, she'd have heaved on contact. This newer, more improved Nani was stronger than that, however. "Looks like this was someone's unlucky day. If there's one dead there's bound to be more. Not many travel alone these days," she said, keeping her knife in her hand just in case. "Should we check the other rooms?"

• Love
*Jean covered his mouth, and stormed out of the first room.*

Having charged in so quickly it wasn't untill after I put down the zombie that the room really sank in.

*He heaved outside.*

"Jesus. Yeah we need to do an entire sweep. Keep your eyes out for anything we can salvage."

Why the hell wasn't Paris helping ? I figured I knew the answer after seeing that.

• Love
Nani suppressed her giggles as she listened to him heave outside of the room, waiting until he was done to exit and enter another one. There was a heavily stained bed in the corner and a dresser in the middle of the floor. A quick search of the first drawer and she found an ancient pair of underwear and an empty lighter. Useless, she complained under her breath. She opened the second drawer, digging around until her hands hit something cold and hard. She grasped it and pulled it out. "Hey, Jean, I found a revolver!" She yelled out. It was in great condition for such a dreary place, and was also mostly loaded. As she had a perfectly good pistol in her pack, she searched for him and handed it to him. "Holds the same ammo as mine, so we're good. It's loaded for now. Keep it handy," she said, flashing him a cheerful grin before heading back into the room.

The rest of her search wasn't nearly as lucky, but she did find some first aid and a half empty bottle of whiskey. These things went into her bag and went unannounced.

• Love
*He looked up to the pistol shoved in his face.*

The cheeky grin on her face suggested she found this situation amusing, maybe she likes seeing people suffer, who knows.

*He reluctantly took the pistol and looked it over.*

Never used one of these before, I feel safer with my sword.

*Jean tucked the pistol into his back pocket and helped Nani clear the rooms.*

• Love
With Jean and Nani busily checking the motel now was my chance, they could look out for each other if only for a few days, *lying to them, especially Jean felt wrong but I had no real choice this time, they had to think I'd lost the map*. I had made some allies in amongst the many enemies and bodybags, one in particular was my best shot at bettering our grim situation. They lived in 'the city' and although the others didn't know we were actually only a day's walk away, of course it was in the opposite direction that I had led Jean and Nani but now they had somewhere to hold up while I venture into town. I ran the first two miles not wanting to get caught out by either of them, *lucky I downed that water, hope neither of them saw any suspicion there*. After that I walked at a leisurely pace not wanting to tire myself out or attract any attention, laying low was easy enough but as the day bore on I began to falter, then while at my most exhausted I saw the skyline nestled behind the rolling hills and upon inspection I could spot the highway jutting out on my left *a direct route to better times.*

Nani continued her search, entering the first of the upstairs bedrooms. As soon as she opened the door and began making her way in, she stopped right in her tracks. "What do you want? Why the fuck are you here?" a deep, angry voice demanded of her. She lifted her arms and took a deep breath, trying to eliminate the shakiness from her voice. It didn't work. "I just came across this motel and uh, and I don't mean any trouble, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience, I'll just lea-" The man fired a shot upwards through the ceiling, as if to warn her not to take a step. Panic began to set in as she stood there. She didn't want Jean to get involved, she had hoped to run downstairs and warn him before he could be harmed. Now, however, she was stuck. The man pointed his gun right at her, as if challenging her to try and leave. His eyes were hard, cold, as if he really didn't value any human life whatsoever.

*Jean Jolted his head towards the stairs.*

That gunshot came from the direction Nani went, I want to shout to her, but I should probably not make me being here known. Please dont be dead Nani.

*He crept up the stairs, back to the wall, using his sword to carefully peer around the corner.*

Nani stood there, at gun point from a scary looking character, a shell of a human. I wont be able to get to him in the room with my sword, the bulge in his back pocket taunted him as he tried to come up with a plan. Guns arent my thing but I cant let Nani die here, despite my initial thoughts she is starting to grow on me.

*Jean reached into his back pocket and pulled out the revolver. Checking the safety and the chamber.*

Come on Nan iI need an opening.

"Lets just stay chill, man, what's your name?" Nani asked the man cheerfully, hoping to ease the tension. She wasn't sure why he was pointing a gun at her or even seeing her as a threat, and she wasn't sure how she was going to get out of the situation. He didn't respond to her, only continued to stare at her whilst aiming his gun right at her head. She could feel the blood rushing to her legs as she stood still. Wait, what the fuck was that, she thought after hearing a faint noise behind her. Please fucking Jesus, don't tell me there are more of them, I'm stuck as it is, what can I do if I'm involved in a hostile sandwich? she thought to herself, not realizing that it was Jean behind her. Nani began slowly moving to the right. "Listen, listen, we're all nice here, right? Let me jus-" BANG. She fell to the ground, feeling a nauseating pain in her left thigh. Upon placing her hands there, she felt hot, sticky blood flowing out."Oh my god, oh my god, please don't let me die here," she mumbled, shaking from the pain and also from the terror.

In an apocalyptic situation, you're always fighting for your life with the thought that if it should ever be taken from you, you'd go peacefully. Nani had always felt this way. Such a fucked up world, how could you possibly desire to continue living? Wrong. In this moment, she was more terrified than she'd ever been, because she was completely and utterly defenseless. Her life was at the mercy of another who, quite frankly, didn't look the type to take caution with such a thing.

Reactions: TiedInBone
There are so many things that could go wrong I have to plan this carefully if I want to get Nani out unscathed.

'Bang..... Thud'

No time to consolidate my thoughts, what the hell happened? Is she alive?

* Jean swung around the door firing three shots.*

The bastard was getting up from the bed as I put him down, Nani lay on the floor in shock, blood spewing from her leg. I just killed a man what the hell am I thinking, guns truly are awful.

* Jean rushed over kicking the mans pistol out of his hand before crouching beside Nani and lifting her on to the bed.*

Don't want to take any chances but my guess is he is dead.

" Jesus Nani I haven't got a first aid kit. "

* Jean searched the room and body on the floor.*

A belt come on, there has to be one how can there not be one. I had to settle for the sleeve of this guys shirt, he won't be needing it anyway.

"This is going to hurt like hell. You're going to have to bare with me sweet cheeks."

Pet names and bad one liners, an awful yet effective way of coping with stress.

* He mounted the bed and elevated her leg, tying the shirt around her thigh on the side closest to her heart. Before checking the wound.*

The bullet has to still be in her leg, I can't see an exit, I don't know how to get it out, shit.

* He held his hands over the wound and applied pressure whilst he thought.*

• Love
Nani's face was white as paper at this point and she was shivering. The pain was almost unbearable, which made it difficult for her to think clearly and stabilize her breathing. If she didn't get this bullet out and get the wound dressed, she knew she was going to die. "Goddammit, please don't let it have hit my femoral artery," she muttered through the tears that were now falling freely. Nearly all her attention was going towards breathing and trying not to panic, because if she didn't get those two down, shock could easily overtake her. "Jean, my pack," she said through clenched teeth, reaching out an arm to point at it. Earlier she had found some first aid and it was in there. As there was no purer form of alcohol to sterilize the wound, the whiskey she'd found would need to be used, as well, but only after the bullet was removed, doing so beforehand wouldn't really help.

Nani forced herself to look away from her leg, if she didn't stop looking at it she feared she'd begin to panic and wouldn't be able to calm down. She could feel the blood completely soaking her jeans, which didn't help. She stared up into Jean's face and forced a smile, "I'm sorry," she said quietly. In that moment, her body threatened to lose consciousness, but she wasn't going to let that happen without a fight. Her eyelids fluttered as she looked around the room, taking in the details of everything around her in an attempt to stay connected to reality.

*Jean followed her finger to the bag on the floor and grabbed it, pulling out the old bandages and the whiskey.*

Ill just ignore the fact that she apoligised in this situation, She looks pale and I need to act fast. I need to get rid of these Jeans, she might need them again after this but I dont have time. Where is that knife she had?

*He grabbed it off the floor near where she fell and returned to the bed. Cutting the leg of the jeans off just above the wound.*

"Nani I am going to take the bullet out, and attempt to sterilise it with the whiskey, this is going to hurt like a bitch but I have to do it."

*He climbed over her so he now sat above her torso and had the whiskey and the bandages to hand.*

"Ready petal ? When I count to 3 I will remove the bullet. Oneeee, twooo......"

*He put two fingers into the wound and oulled out the bullet, using his wait to try and hold her down. Jean then poured the alchohol over her leg, straightening himself up as she tossed and turned.*

"There we go, stay with me, almost done."

*He placed a cotton pad over the bullet hole and warpped it tightly with the bandages and tape before putting his hand back onto the area to apply pressure.*

• Love
Nani was deep in shock, her heart beating softly but rapidly and her breathing labored. The pain in her leg was comparable to being set on fire, which caused her to scream when Jean pulled the bullet out. The room began to spin as he poured the alcohol over her wound, but she clung to her consciousness, knowing that if she passed out there was a good chance she wouldn't wake up again. As he bandaged her up, her breathing began to stabilize and she looked up at him once more. "Thank you, Jean, if you hadn't been here..." she said without much energy, as the shock had weakened her. If she had been able, she would have jumped up and thrown her arms around him. That was entirely out of the question at this point, though.

After a few moments passed and she felt that she could move without heaving, Nani outstretched her arms, grabbing Jean's hand and holding onto it. She had always taken care of herself, as people usually ran at the first sign of difficulty or trouble. Jean wasn't like that, she learned this a little more as she spent these days with him. "You're a rarity," She uttered, grinning at him. Just after saying this, a sharp pain could be felt in her leg, which caused her grasp it with both hands while tearing up and breathing harder. "I'm sorry," she said once more, her eyes closed. Apologizing was all she could do in this moment, she didn't have the strength for much else.

*Jean climbed off of her and sat next to her on the bed still laying pressure on her leg.*

She did well to stay with me there, I think the worst of it is over but this is going to make travelling unrealistic, where the hell is Paris? Didnt he hear the gun shots?

"Don't thank me, you aren't out of the woods yet. My first aiding is limited, I dont even know if this will hold."

*He held her hand as she sqeezed it and wrenched in pain. Jean handed her what was left of the whiskey and forced a smile.*

Although it didnt seem like a smart thing to do, I hate seeing people in pain.

"Here this might help the pain a little. Can you put pressure on this for me?"

*He looked at her with a smile to reassure her.*