Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was a casualty... I am dead?"

Stumbling back, the girl lightly cried

"All theses words and places... The inquisition. Skyhold... they're coming to me."

The woman grabbed her head as she knelt.

"Troy... I'm not Annette, am I?"

When Noembelu started to wander off, peering behind the current, she ended up suddenly back with the group. She wasn't going anywhere, it seemed.

Meanwhile, a soft chipping noise rang throughout the room as things began to change. A chair appeared along with a blonde woman. She peered calmly at the group. Another person could be seen behind her.

Xi01Djg.jpg

"Hello, everybody! Are we ready to party?"

His words were backwards yet forwards, calm yet jubilant. Turning to Black Panther, he smirked.

"I have never met a King before. Tell me of your country. Is it beautiful? Do the birds sing all year long?"

The blonde woman didn't move as she watched the group.​

"I said I was thinking about what you were thinking about."

His words were clear now. He knew the truth of her thoughts.

"He will die, and you fall soon after."

The man turned and started to leave the room.

"Goodbye, detective."

@Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Leon Moretti
"Yes, I am sorry." T'Challa placed his hand on her shoulder. "You are no Anette, your name is Josephine, and you seem to have been trapped in an illusion of your hearts desire," He looked at Billy when he said that. "And you are not the only one."

When the two new individuals arrived T'Challa turned to face them. "The Kingdom of Wakanda is beautiful in its populace as well as in its nature. We have many exotics birds within our borders, some of them quite a sight to behold. We are a technologically advanced city. Some might call us isolationist, I say we are just a...weary sort that don't trust too easily."

Finished with his tale T'Challa decided to turn it around. "What about you? Does birds sing all year long from where you are as well, stranger?"​

"And there's always a song in the air!"

The little man danced slightly as he moved away.

"Tell me, friends, If Josephine is Annette, are you who you are? Or are you a doppelganger?"

Turning back to the blonde woman, he pointed at her.

"My cousin, isn't she beautiful? Where we're from, the birds always sing, and the children always laugh. People dancing. I like to dance. Everybody likes to dance, all with different reasons."

Dancing with grace, he suddenly stopped himself and pointed once again at the group.

" Tell me, why does Wanda like to dance? She can really cut a rug."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife
@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

This was downright bizarre. Noembelu had no idea what to make of this man, or that blonde girl, or this room. She would just cross her arms and play along. Really all you could do, in this situation. "I've never seen Wanda dance," she replied to the man's question.​
The recreation room looked worn and cluttered. It didn't seem natural how the room was arranged, implying that Lucas had been moving things around. Eventually, he spoke up and said, "This here's another puzzle room. The goal? Get into the adjacent room which used to be my poor late grandma's room. It's locked, so can you find a key?"

In the corner of the room was the most striking object: a mysterious knight statue. In front of the statue was a table with a chessboard. To the left of the table were a jukebox and a slot machine. To the right of the table was the bar. Beyond that was a roulette table. There was also a card table nearby with a pyramid of cards stacked upon it. In the corner opposite the knight statue was a hidden compartment in the floor.

@Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @RecreationRoom

Bullet stood by, unsure what to make of Nancy's outburst. She cringed slightly at the sight. What exactly had this girl gone through? Bullet figured that could have been her if she'd spent any longer in this place.

"... Whatever you say," she said in response to Klein. She was going to offer Nancy a kind word, but again nothing came to her.

The bathtub tap worked, as did the tap at the sink, even though it was covered in black mold.

"Hey, girlie, you're lookin' a little stressed," Lucas said to Nancy. "Why don't you cool off in the shower?"

In the corner of the bathroom was a small shower stall.

@Krieg @ShiroKiyoshi @Bathroom

Upon touching Dale's wrist, a shrill sound erupted inside Kyoko's head. The sound brought with it flashes of memory, of a time spent in a certain town called Bright Falls. A force pulled her back a few steps and then anchored her to the spot as if she was now being held down by weights. The sound was painful but, thankfully, Lucas did not dock any HP. The man disappeared without glancing back, and soon all was silent.

JfrwOq3.jpg

"You fellas done shittin' around?" Lucas asked as if nothing had happened. "Like I said, don't fuck up my shit. I'll let ya in on a little secret, see-- this isn't the room ya really want. There's a secret room. Can you find it?"

@Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

Troy didn't know what was going on, but in either case, he started to look annoyed. "Her name is Annette. What in the world do you people think you're doing? You're putting her in obvious distress!"

Billy was coming to, slightly, but he found something about this odd. "If that was supposed to be a happy illusion... Josephine didn't seem too happy."

"An illusion?!" Troy roared. "Our marriage was anything but! You people come into my home and--" He paused, blinking. "My home... and..."

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Afterlife
tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

Neither have I. Though, I suppose I wouldn't mind getting the chance to see that. ❞

With all that's happened so far, Kiyohime was quite lost, a little dazed at the sudden transitions into new environments. Unless something were to be an obvious pointer, she had nothing much to go on other than to reply with the best she's got. Narrowing her eyes at the development, Kiyo only piped in with this statement.

❝ Illusions are like lies, and lies don't make people happy. At least... for the receiving end, and when they realize it... ❞

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife
Reiner Braun
@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @Atomyk @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee
@Afterlife

Actually, the question the strange man that suddenly appeared amidst them really did stump Reiner; he stopped for a good moment to reflect on this... Seeming to have become a little nervous when Kiyo mentioned that illusions were like lies...

8Jhl2py.png

"... We could still be trapped in some sort of illusion... Even if we are... Dopplegangers..." Reiner mused, rather uneasily.

It was quite evident that he was still a little confused about this whole ordeal, but with all this new information at hand, he really did begin to wonder if he was merely a... Copy of himself, and his "original" self had never truly left when he made contact with that letter. Honestly though, even the mere thought of that was giving him a headache, and had the situation been better, he'd probably have asked for a glass of water... Like Kiyo had earlier.​

Last edited:

This was downright bizarre. Noembelu had no idea what to make of this man, or that blonde girl, or this room. She would just cross her arms and play along. Really all you could do, in this situation. "I've never seen Wanda dance," she replied to the man's question.​
"Yes, you have! She sure can boogie! It's... magic, baby!"

Flashing lights strobed, and the man spoke again.

tumblr_m6p0pjbUaS1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

"However, is Wanda... Wanda? Maybe this Wanda doesn't dance."

The man seemingly ignored Reiner. Maybe that wasn't the right question.

The blonde woman stared at Noembelu and gestured to her.

bear-skinlynch-laura-palmer-dream-twin-peaks.jpg

"Do you know who I am?"

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite
"I said I was thinking about what you were thinking about."

His words were clear now. He knew the truth of her thoughts.

"He will die, and you fall soon after."

The man turned and started to leave the room.

"Goodbye, detective."

@Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Leon Moretti
kiri002.png

Kyoko gave a sidelong glance at the strange man, enigmatic and unnerving. If "Dale Cooper" was who he claimed to be, as in, the man who had accompanied the group long ago before he was unfortunately put down, then if he was suddenly like this, then that meant, no doubt, something in this place had influenced him. Perhaps possession? It certainly wasn't out of the realm of possibility, despite how uncomfortable the prospect was. To be so close to losing your will and having it overtaken by something else... Wasn't that what despair was like? She dared not find out.

The situation she found herself in was a darkly comedic one, or so she could describe it as, as the lavender-haired maiden found herself wondering if the man meant what he was thinking of was decided by whatever she was thinking of, or if he was literally capable of reading thoughts. After all, especially with Wanda involved, nothing was impossible.

"..." She remained silent for a good moment, admittedly unsure of how to respond to a man who seemed to speak deliberately in riddles, "In that case then, if we're both thinking of how to leave this... dark place, then you'd be willing to help me, right? You wouldn't happen to have any clues for me, would you?"

@Josh M @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

kirigiri_9.png

"Wha--?!"

Now that issue had been confirmed. "Dale Cooper" showed her exactly what he meant by what her thoughts entailed. She tried playing poker with the devil, but even a stonefaced woman like her couldn't stand to match someone like him, and now, here he was, making a promise of something that would surely end in tragedy.

"What do you mean by that?!" Kyoko asked as the man began to turn away. The question was somewhat redundant, even to Kyoko's admittance. There was a part of her that knew exactly what he meant, but as humans did, she couldn't immediately register it, accept it. He spoke with such certainty, like an all-knowing god, that his confidence shook Kyoko's. In this house of uncertainty, mystery, questions, secrets, there was nothing that even the Ultimate Detective could know for sure. For all intents and purposes, she and everyone else in this group were blind.

But in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man was king. And this man intended to prop himself as one. And he made it with such a declaration that almost seemed indisputable.

Makoto Naegi was not long for this world, nor was Kyoko Kirigiri.

Stepping forward, she reached out and attempted to take a hold of Dale's wrist in order to stop him from leaving, intending to hear further explanation from him. But such hopes could be trivial in hopeless situations like these, couldn't they?

@Josh M @Leon Moretti @Crow
Upon touching Dale's wrist, a shrill sound erupted inside Kyoko's head. The sound brought with it flashes of memory, of a time spent in a certain town called Bright Falls. A force pulled her back a few steps and then anchored her to the spot as if she was now being held down by weights. The sound was painful but, thankfully, Lucas did not dock any HP. The man disappeared without glancing back, and soon all was silent.

JfrwOq3.jpg

"You fellas done shittin' around?" Lucas asked as if nothing had happened. "Like I said, don't fuck up my shit. I'll let ya in on a little secret, see-- this isn't the room ya really want. There's a secret room. Can you find it?"

8IyMcXP.webp

"Wh- what did he mean by that?"

Nono was a bit confused and frightened. Kyoko appeared to have been affected in some way by touching this mysterious Dale Cooper man.

"Kyoko! Are you alright?" Nono tried to help Kyoko out after the little aftershock. "This segment seems pretty impossible without touching his wares... wait a second... Leon."

Nono, with avoiding eyes, looks at Leon.

"Start the search off with everything that belongs to that man's sister instead. Morikubo will join in shortly."
@Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @KidsRoom

The bar seemed safe and it was indeed stocked with various alcoholic drinks. In addition, on the counter was a small wooden box. One of the alcohol bottles looked different, for it was actually a bottle of oil. It had the number 130 on it.

Most of the stuff on the side of the room that didn't appear to be Lucas' was largely cleaned out. There was an old stereo, a worn lamp, a tool box, and a stuffed crocodile.

8IyMcXP.webp

"Wh- what did he mean by that?"

Nono was a bit confused and frightened. Kyoko appeared to have been affected in some way by touching this mysterious Dale Cooper man.

"Kyoko! Are you alright?" Nono tried to help Kyoko out after the little aftershock. "This segment seems pretty impossible without touching his wares... wait a second... Leon."

Nono, with avoiding eyes, looks at Leon.

"Start the search off with everything that belongs to that man's sister instead. Morikubo will join in shortly."
@Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @KidsRoom

The bar seemed safe and it was indeed stocked with various alcoholic drinks. In addition, on the counter was a small wooden box. One of the alcohol bottles looked different, for it was actually a bottle of oil. It had the number 130 on it.

Most of the stuff on the side of the room that didn't appear to be Lucas' was largely cleaned out. There was an old stereo, a worn lamp, a tool box, and a stuffed crocodile.

Following Nono's advice, he walked over to the toolbox and opened it up slowly. As much as he wanted to check on Kyoko, he knew there had to be times where he prioritized safety over feelings. From what he could tell of her, she could handle her own, but for how long is the question that popped in his mind.

@Crow @Verite @Atomyk

Phil Connors

" There's a bottle of oil it looks like with the number 130 over here,"
he said, as he looked over the small wooden box and moved as far back as possible before he used Saeko's sword to open the box. Once it was open, he watched his surrounding wary of everything around him and ready to react. If the box wasn't a booby trap or a bomb, only then he would inspect what was in it.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @The Batter @Recreation Room

blDv86x.jpg

Toffee, who was still with the group but had just remained silent for the whole time. Staying silent as ever, the lizard made his way to the children's room and arrived just in time for him to hear Lucas saying that there was a secret in this room. After he was finished talking, Toffee checked the toolbox to see if there was anything useful there.

@Atomyk @childrensroom​

The recreation room looked worn and cluttered. It didn't seem natural how the room was arranged, implying that Lucas had been moving things around. Eventually, he spoke up and said, "This here's another puzzle room. The goal? Get into the adjacent room which used to be my poor late grandma's room. It's locked, so can you find a key?"

In the corner of the room was the most striking object: a mysterious knight statue. In front of the statue was a table with a chessboard. To the left of the table were a jukebox and a slot machine. To the right of the table was the bar. Beyond that was a roulette table. There was also a card table nearby with a pyramid of cards stacked upon it. In the corner opposite the knight statue was a hidden compartment in the floor.

Bullet stood by, unsure what to make of Nancy's outburst. She cringed slightly at the sight. What exactly had this girl gone through? Bullet figured that could have been her if she'd spent any longer in this place.

"... Whatever you say," she said in response to Klein. She was going to offer Nancy a kind word, but again nothing came to her.

The bathtub tap worked, as did the tap at the sink, even though it was covered in black mold.

"Hey, girlie, you're lookin' a little stressed," Lucas said to Nancy. "Why don't you cool off in the shower?"

In the corner of the bathroom was a small shower stall.

JfrwOq3.jpg

Troy didn't know what was going on, but in either case, he started to look annoyed. "Her name is Annette. What in the world do you people think you're doing? You're putting her in obvious distress!"

Billy was coming to, slightly, but he found something about this odd. "If that was supposed to be a happy illusion... Josephine didn't seem too happy."

"An illusion?!" Troy roared. "Our marriage was anything but! You people come into my home and--" He paused, blinking. "My home... and..."

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Afterlife
Klein examined his blade after he finished cleaning it before sheathing it at his side. He then turned and saw Lucas there offering Nancy a nice shower. Up until this point, Klein had no idea who Lucas was, he was not aware of what atrocities he may have committed and his only interaction with him came in the form of eavesdropping as he chewed people out for helping or not helping in the fight with his father. His overall judgement of the character boiled down to a spineless character who used his superiority, although Klein knew not how he this person was superior to them, to control others through fear.

So, in short this gesture of suggesting she take a shower seemed nice to him and not at all rude. However, he did question how she would do so with so many people in the room. Thinking about this he stepped over to it and turned the water on, however, he forgot about the tub and the water overflowed. It splashed once on the floor before he lunged over and turned the facet off, flinching as if someone was about to hit him, but when no such thing happened he continued on to the shower.

Klein then took a step back to examine the shower before motioning the girl over. "The shower's ready if you want it."

@Atomyk @Krieg @Bathroom

The wooden box smashed open to reveal a coin. Teddy, who had entered the room last, picked up the coin and examined it. "No markings."

With the toolbox opened so suddenly, a puppet sprang out of it, hitting Toffee in the nose and lowering him down to red.

"Oops, did I leave that in there?"

Inside the toolbox was a switchblade.

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

Phil Connors

" If I am going to take a guess, it probably either goes in the slot machine or the jukebox. Both take coins in them. That being said, I don't trust either of them to not blow up in my face. "
Phil replied, inspecting the alcoholic bottles to find something he would drink, particularly a Jim Bean.

@Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @Atomyk @The Batter @RecreationRoom

"He's probably talking about the shower separate from the bathtub," Bullet said, gesturing to the stall. This old house had probably gone through a bit of a bathroom renovation at some point.

"Look... just stand back, I'll get this over with." Bullet moved toward the stall and leaned into it to turn the shower on, though she found it a bit too high to twist on with the handle so high. Gritting her teeth, Bullet stepped into the glass box and turned the faucet. She expected pain but got something much worse.

An alarm went off and shower stall closed shut. Bullet swore and tried to open the door, but found it didn't budge.

"Ahhh, now the room's activated! Let me tell you the deal, in about fifteen minutes, the shower will shoot out flames, not water, killin' this girl. You can avoid that, however, if you can figure out how to free her! Eeeasy!"

"You fucking spineless shit!" Bullet yelled.

Hands grabbed at her. Strong hands. Letting her eyes trace up, the young woman froze, relieved from her frenzy. Thoughts that circulated in her skull came to a screeching halt, the chime of order and safety alluring her. Such pretty claims of protection and duty, claims that the Wheeler have seen broken and reformed from people she did not know. People that, through all their truths and promises, half of them braved soullessly on, the other half laying with dust between their teeth and an eternal gaze in their cold eyes.

"I'm n-not crazy...I am just not suppose to be h-here." Nancy said, almost disgusted at being treated like some little child. "How are you all so calm? Did you fuckin' see that? He just took six bullets like nothing, he grabbed me...and...and..." Nancy trailed off, turning away to rest her chin on her hand, appearing deep in thought. Hearing the demented voice of Lucas, the wounded teenager tighten her grip on the bat, looking up at whatever intercoms or ghastly forces this composer of carnage utilized.

"You s-sick fuck! I swear when I g-" Nancy began to swear and defame, hearing the heart-stopping thumb of bathroom doors. Stumbling to her dismay and horror, the girl rushed over, realizing who became trapped in a cell.

"B-BULLET! BULLET! H-Hold up, w-we are going to get you out, okay? Just...keep calm and look around for something. Okay?"

Gripping her baseball bat, Nancy did what she knew best.

large.gif

Putting all her force in her swings against the door, the girl did not even have time to stop and see the results of her labor. Driven by adrenaline, refusing to see someone die of her own accord, the abruptly determined individual began to search the drawers of the bathroom. "K-Klein, yeah? Keith? Start s-searching, now. I am not having someone die because of me." Nancy urged, trying to find some sort of button or item in the medical drawers fasten to the bathroom sink.

@Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @bathroom bois

The wooden box smashed open to reveal a coin. Teddy, who had entered the room last, picked up the coin and examined it. "No markings."

With the toolbox opened so suddenly, a puppet sprang out of it, hitting Toffee in the nose and lowering him down to red.

As Leon took the switchblade out the box, glancing at Toffee, "You Okay?" and proceeded to look at what it could be used on. When he saw the stuffed animal, he remembered about the gem ordeal from the classroom, "can you pass me that crocodile doll?"

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

As Leon took the switchblade out the box, glancing at Toffee, "You Okay?" and proceeded to look at what it could be used on. When he saw the stuffed animal, he remembered about the gem ordeal from the classroom, "can you pass me that crocodile doll?"

"Girls hide things in the most inconspicuous places, like diaries in plushies," Nono said to Leon & Toffee as she continued to tend to Kyoko. "D- definitely not a girl like Morikubo though!"

The latter part seemed to be a lie.

"Anyways, do tell if you find a supposed piece of a diary."

"And there's always a song in the air!"

The little man danced slightly as he moved away.

"Tell me, friends, If Josephine is Annette, are you who you are? Or are you a doppelganger?"

Turning back to the blonde woman, he pointed at her.

"My cousin, isn't she beautiful? Where we're from, the birds always sing, and the children always laugh. People dancing. I like to dance. Everybody likes to dance, all with different reasons."

Dancing with grace, he suddenly stopped himself and pointed once again at the group.

" Tell me, why does Wanda like to dance? She can really cut a rug."

A doppelganger? Now that was something T'Challa hadn't considered, but it could make sense. He had been dead, yet now he was here. Then again this could also just be a version of an afterlife. "Wanda I've understood enjoys to dance. She told me once how during her time with her step father she danced around the camp fire..." T'Challa wasn't quite sure what significance the dancing had.

"You ask if this Annette is Josephine. In scenarios as this I prefer the clearer path to be the right path. This is a den of misdirections and half truths."​

"Yes, you have! She sure can boogie! It's... magic, baby!"

Flashing lights strobed, and the man spoke again.

tumblr_m6p0pjbUaS1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

"However, is Wanda... Wanda? Maybe this Wanda doesn't dance."

The man seemingly ignored Reiner. Maybe that wasn't the right question.

The blonde woman stared at Noembelu and gestured to her.

bear-skinlynch-laura-palmer-dream-twin-peaks.jpg

"Do you know who I am?"

"Perhaps the man's implication is that Wanda has been fractured by the strain of whoever is controlling her," T'Challa mused aloud. "The question remains, how many Scarlet Witches are there?"

Cap looked at the coin for a moment before he spoke. "If I were a betting man, I think we found something to put either in the jukebox or the slot machine." As he said that Cap spotted something in the corner of his eye that he had to investigate. Next to the knight statue on the floor he noticed the hidden compartment and would try to somehow get it to open. If it was booby trapped then at least it was only he who would hurt himself.​

There indeed seemed to be the kind of alcohol Phil was looking for. There was a large variety that Phil didn't recognize.

The hidden compartment would not open for Steve. Seemed it needed to be pried open with something other than bare hands.

"Aw, don't hurt poor ol' croccy!" Lucas said, sounding intentionally childish.

The bat bounced off the glass as if it was reinforced steel. Bullet seethed through her teeth. "What a fucking joke--"

"Nuh uh uh! Don't try and be clever now!"

When Nancy opened one of the bathroom drawers, she found a blank coin.

Phil Connors

Phil was about to take the alcohol when he remembered something- everything was fucking bobby trapped. He looked for something long to grab that alcohol with. God, knew how old the alcohol was.

@Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @Atomyk @The Batter @RecreationRoom

"Hell, you really think I wouldn't want ya to be drunk? Drink the fuck up, fella!"

There didn't appear to be anything to grab the alcohol with, unless Phil was just looking to smash the bottles on to the ground from a distance.

Phil Connors

" Seeing as you lied to me about the syringe amongst other things, I put nothing past you,"
Phil replied to him.

Phil wished he had something to grab the bottle.... oh yeah, his jacket. He wrapped his jacket around his hand before grabbing the Jim Bean. He watched everything around him as he did this.

@Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @Atomyk @RecreationRoom

Status
Not open for further replies.