Status
Not open for further replies.
"He's probably talking about the shower separate from the bathtub," Bullet said, gesturing to the stall. This old house had probably gone through a bit of a bathroom renovation at some point.

"Look... just stand back, I'll get this over with." Bullet moved toward the stall and leaned into it to turn the shower on, though she found it a bit too high to twist on with the handle so high. Gritting her teeth, Bullet stepped into the glass box and turned the faucet. She expected pain but got something much worse.

An alarm went off and shower stall closed shut. Bullet swore and tried to open the door, but found it didn't budge.

"Ahhh, now the room's activated! Let me tell you the deal, in about fifteen minutes, the shower will shoot out flames, not water, killin' this girl. You can avoid that, however, if you can figure out how to free her! Eeeasy!"

"You fucking spineless shit!" Bullet yelled.

@Krieg @ShiroKiyoshi @Bathroom
Hands grabbed at her. Strong hands. Letting her eyes trace up, the young woman froze, relieved from her frenzy. Thoughts that circulated in her skull came to a screeching halt, the chime of order and safety alluring her. Such pretty claims of protection and duty, claims that the Wheeler have seen broken and reformed from people she did not know. People that, through all their truths and promises, half of them braved soullessly on, the other half laying with dust between their teeth and an eternal gaze in their cold eyes.

"I'm n-not crazy...I am just not suppose to be h-here." Nancy said, almost disgusted at being treated like some little child. "How are you all so calm? Did you fuckin' see that? He just took six bullets like nothing, he grabbed me...and...and..." Nancy trailed off, turning away to rest her chin on her hand, appearing deep in thought. Hearing the demented voice of Lucas, the wounded teenager tighten her grip on the bat, looking up at whatever intercoms or ghastly forces this composer of carnage utilized.

"You s-sick fuck! I swear when I g-" Nancy began to swear and defame, hearing the heart-stopping thumb of bathroom doors. Stumbling to her dismay and horror, the girl rushed over, realizing who became trapped in a cell.

"B-BULLET! BULLET! H-Hold up, w-we are going to get you out, okay? Just...keep calm and look around for something. Okay?"

Gripping her baseball bat, Nancy did what she knew best.

large.gif

Putting all her force in her swings against the door, the girl did not even have time to stop and see the results of her labor. Driven by adrenaline, refusing to see someone die of her own accord, the abruptly determined individual began to search the drawers of the bathroom. "K-Klein, yeah? Keith? Start s-searching, now. I am not having someone die because of me." Nancy urged, trying to find some sort of button or item in the medical drawers fasten to the bathroom sink.

@Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @bathroom bois
There indeed seemed to be the kind of alcohol Phil was looking for. There was a large variety that Phil didn't recognize.

The hidden compartment would not open for Steve. Seemed it needed to be pried open with something other than bare hands.

@Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @RecreationRoom

"Aw, don't hurt poor ol' croccy!" Lucas said, sounding intentionally childish.

@Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

The bat bounced off the glass as if it was reinforced steel. Bullet seethed through her teeth. "What a fucking joke--"

"Nuh uh uh! Don't try and be clever now!"

When Nancy opened one of the bathroom drawers, she found a blank coin.

"Oh, I hadn't realized. Thanks for that... I guess." Klein watched as Bullet went over to the stall and pondered what she meant by "get this over with". It was so puzzling it hadn't even triggered one of his hallucinations to aid him as it just wasn't his kind of thing to worry about such things, so he gave up thinking about it and watched as Bullet was trapped in a cage. "I think I know what she meant now..." He muttered to himself before he was cut off by Lucas. After receiving the rules of the game Klein glanced around the room before noticing Nancy come flying in with a bat which in fact did little more than scuff the cage. She quickly analyzed this and started looking around, eventually finding a blank coin in a drawer. Meanwhile Klein had been standing there watching her frenzy and only started moving when he looked to Bullet in the cage.

"So, Lucas, why is it you enjoy this?" Klein said as he went and checked the cage itself. He needed to know what he was looking for before he started. He wanted know if he could identify how it was opened by key or some other means.

Hidden under the pyramid were a couple of the cards glued to the surface of the table accompanied with symbols.

j2mgScW.png
BaspWos.png
1HoYMqh.png
+
DSLz7iV.png
PC6fVQd.png
rfhDfOa.png
-
xjOVlf4.png
1.png
Vrpe484.png
yyQnK1p.png

Hidden amongst the cards was a note:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

"Fella, I've been asked that enough times tonight that I'm already bored by the damn question. Don't people normally enjoy games, huh?"

The glass box didn't seem to take a key or any input at all. It had to have unlocked electronically through another means.

"Nancy, maybe you do need to smash that mirror!" Bullet said.

The stereo seemed like it was working and that it could be turned to a number of different channels.

"Gonna put on some tunes?" Lucas asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

Last edited:
The stereo seemed like it was working and that it could be turned to a number of different channels.

"You know, it would be nice if you would shut the f-" He stopped himself from continuing the statement. Now wasn't the time to get pissed off at some guy. One thing did come to mind though, "What was your sister like?"

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

Hidden under the pyramid were a couple of the cards glued to the surface of the table accompanied with symbols.

j2mgScW.png
BaspWos.png
1HoYMqh.png
+
DSLz7iV.png
PC6fVQd.png
rfhDfOa.png
-
xjOVlf4.png
1.png
Vrpe484.png
yyQnK1p.png

"Fella, I've been asked that enough times tonight that I'm already bored by the damn question. Don't people normally enjoy games, huh?"

The glass box didn't seem to take a key or any input at all. It had to have unlocked electronically through another means.

"Nancy, maybe you do need to smash that mirror!" Bullet said.

"Not me. They're repetitive. However, he always seems to enjoy them." Klein said as he pointed to his illusory friend as if it were normal before he took one of his dirks over to the mirror, he shielded Nancy from the shards with his robe as he launched his foot forward, shattering the thing. He then awaited something special. "Sorry 'bout breaking your way out." Klein said to Nancy, he then looked back to Bullet. "Hey, why are you called Bullet?"

@Atomyk @Krieg @Bathroom

"That's a real damn shame," Lucas said.

Bullet stared at Klein incredulously for a moment before resorting to banging on the glass. "Is now really the fuckin' time for that?!"

Inside the mirror was a small circular slot in the wall.

"A bitch. Next question."

Lucas waited a moment before saying more. "... Why'd you ask?"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Phil Connors

" Cap, that code thing ended in a letter, right? I found some weird stuff here... though I don't get it," he honestly said. He was baffled.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @The Batter @Rec room

Bullet stared at Klein incredulously for a moment before resorting to banging on the glass. "Is now really the fuckin' time for that?!"

"So I am told, but I partake in other activities to keep my attention. Quite good at it too." Klein replied to Lucas as he felt the little slot with his finger before turning to Nancy, but his attention was quickly pulled up towards Bullet who was reasonably dumbfounded by his question. "Well, considering the circumstances I was trying to get to know you, but now I see you lean on the feistier end of the spectrum." Klein said before he circled around Nancy and patted her lightly on the back. "Try putting the coin in there." Klein said before calling out to Bullet, still with his attention on the slot. "So, you never did answer the question, not like you have much else to do at the moment."

@Krieg @Atomyk @Bathroom

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Husk
Teddy had an idea.

"Well, two through ten would B through J, right? The cards might spell something out."

"It's--" Bullet found herself at a loss for words at the moment. "It's... just my name!" She sighed and pressed her palms against the glass. "It's not going to matter soon if you don't get me the hell out of here!"

When the coin was put into the slot, a panel slid open to reveal an electronic display. It currently read 10L.

"What makes a bitch a bitch, huh? Zoe thought she was better than me, better than our whole damn family! Always lookin' down on me, callin' me shit I didn't like... Even when we all were given the gift, she didn't like it! She wanted to turn back the damn... fuckin'... clock! No one but her wants to turn back the clock!"

Lucas breathed heavily through his mic. "... I made damn well sure she couldn't just talk to y'all. She's always puttin' her nose where it's not wanted. Forget her."

"What makes a bitch a bitch, huh? Zoe thought she was better than me, better than our whole damn family! Always lookin' down on me, callin' me shit I didn't like... Even when we all were given the gift, she didn't like it! She wanted to turn back the damn... fuckin'... clock! No one but her wants to turn back the clock!"

Lucas breathed heavily through his mic. "... I made damn well sure she couldn't just talk to y'all. She's always puttin' her nose where it's not wanted. Forget her."

Leon looked at Nono, something involving her was a triggering point. Yet more and more questions continued to pop into his head. "Did Wanda also receive this 'gift'?" He asks as he turns on the radio. He wasn't sure where to lead the conversation or the puzzle, but he figured any information was better than none.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Edmond never spoke of me?"

The young girl's words were clear as she spaced out her speaking.

"You just missed him. He and I talked a lot."

The little man looked at the king with a grin on his face. No malice, but a pure grin.

"Truths and misdirection, is that what you're looking for? Is Wanda's dance one of truth or of misdirection? Or maybe...'"

The man waddled away before stopping, handing Blank Panther a coin.

"It's like a coin."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

T'Challa examined the coin before speaking. "Her dance can be either or. For the time being it has been one of misdirection, but at some point it can become a dance of truth." T'Challa emphasized what he said by flipping the coin around. "What however will this do to help us?"​

Phil Connors

" Cap, that code thing ended in a letter, right? I found some weird stuff here... though I don't get it," he honestly said. He was baffled.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @The Batter @Rec room

"5564X."
Cap repeated the code. "You think it has significance to this puzzle?"

Teddy had an idea.

"Well, two through ten would B through J, right? The cards might spell something out."

"It's--" Bullet found herself at a loss for words at the moment. "It's... just my name!" She sighed and pressed her palms against the glass. "It's not going to matter soon if you don't get me the hell out of here!"

When the coin was put into the slot, a panel slid open to reveal an electronic display. It currently read 10L.

"You might be right about that, Teddy." Cap replied looking over the cards. "Anyone got any clues?"

j2mgScW.png
BaspWos.png
1HoYMqh.png
+
DSLz7iV.png
PC6fVQd.png
rfhDfOa.png
-
xjOVlf4.png
1.png
Vrpe484.png
yyQnK1p.png

ZHiji5P.png

"If we assume the numbers correspond with the letters and that the Joker comes after all the other cards, the first word would spell oil, right? And there was a number, 130, on the oil. Are there any more things with numbers on them?"

@Jeremi @Otto @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @RecreationRoom​

ZHiji5P.png

"If we assume the numbers correspond with the letters and that the Joker comes after all the other cards, the first word would spell oil, right? And there was a number, 130, on the oil. Are there any more things with numbers on them?"

Cap looked at the cards trying to figure it out. "First word's oil and the second's jam...but the third word doesn't make any sense...Aail?" Then he realized something. Cap wasn't much of a gambler but he did join in on The Thing's yearly poker games. "An ace can either be the lowest, or the highest card in a deck. So if that's true then...the last word is 'nail'? Oil plus jam minus nail. Like you said the oil had the number 130...I guess we need to find some jam and a nail."

Cap looked down at the wooden mallet he was holding in his hand. "Only thing we can do now is search the room some more. What's left that we haven't looked over yet?"

Teddy chuckled. "Didn't know Captain America could pull out that kind of wit."

There was still the roulette table and the chessboard.

"You people sure care a lot about her, huh? Heeeere's the deal: Wanda don't matter. My game has nothing to do with her. She's just another in a long line to receive the gift."

The station on be default, 101, played a low hum.

The woman's reaction was simple as she looked at the young native girl. Slowly her hand drifted to her nose.

2097569054_9165242ae7.jpg

The little man looked at the king, his eyes widening.

"Wanda is heads. The other Wanda, she is tails."

As Black Panther flipped it, the coin disappeared, now in the man's hand. He handed it back to T'Challa. It now was a double-sided coin.

" Tell me, T'Challa, Which side is tails?"

"That sounds about right then. Jam...nail...I don't know where we'll find those, but that's what looking around is for, right?"

Beatrice moved to investigate the chessboard for now.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

As soon as the blonde woman touched her nose, Noembelu blurted out, "Laura Palmer. Your name is Laura...Palmer..." How...how did she even know that?! It just popped into her mind out of nowhere. Honda had never said that name, had he? The only Laura she knew-and only barely-was Brazillian and brunette.

One thing she did know, however, was something related to what the little man was saying.

"...something about being Wanda when Wanda didn't want to be Wanda..." Honda scratched his neck, trying to recall it. "I don't really remember what she said, because I was too busy making sure I didn't pass out from fright! It was really freaky...she touched me on the chest, told me she hated me most-I do remember that-then Wanda was back. The real Wanda." Honda shuddered. "Scary stuff! Funny enough, though, that's how we became friends! Who would've thunk?"

"...Wanda wasn't herself in Bright Falls," Noembelu said. "Honda said she got taken over by someone else once. 'Wanda when Wanda didn't want to be Wanda.'"

Teddy chuckled. "Didn't know Captain America could pull out that kind of wit."

There was still the roulette table and the chessboard.

"You people sure care a lot about her, huh? Heeeere's the deal: Wanda don't matter. My game has nothing to do with her. She's just another in a long line to receive the gift."

The station on be default, 101, played a low hum.

"You work with people like Iron Man and Black Panther long enough and things start to stick," Came Cap's response as he went to check out the roulette table.​

The woman's reaction was simple as she looked at the young native girl. Slowly her hand drifted to her nose.

2097569054_9165242ae7.jpg

The little man looked at the king, his eyes widening.

"Wanda is heads. The other Wanda, she is tails."

As Black Panther flipped it, the coin disappeared, now in the man's hand. He handed it back to T'Challa. It now was a double-sided coin.

" Tell me, T'Challa, Which side is tails?"

"Both, and neither," Came the Kings reply. "This place, we are between the floor boards of the physical realm. I have dealt with creatures of the metaphysical realm in my life. I once even punched what some would call the devil. Wanda was here, tampered with something she should not have touched...and something came back with her. I said once already that I am tired of games. If we are not dead then our task is to claw ourselves back to the mansion and stop the families machinations. Or if we are dead we should fall into the abyss to rest in peace. What is the road that we will have to travel to leave this place back to our own reality?"​

As soon as the blonde woman touched her nose, Noembelu blurted out, "Laura Palmer. Your name is Laura...Palmer..." How...how did she even know that?! It just popped into her mind out of nowhere. Honda had never said that name, had he? The only Laura she knew-and only barely-was Brazillian and brunette.

One thing she did know, however, was something related to what the little man was saying.

"...something about being Wanda when Wanda didn't want to be Wanda..." Honda scratched his neck, trying to recall it. "I don't really remember what she said, because I was too busy making sure I didn't pass out from fright! It was really freaky...she touched me on the chest, told me she hated me most-I do remember that-then Wanda was back. The real Wanda." Honda shuddered. "Scary stuff! Funny enough, though, that's how we became friends! Who would've thunk?"

"...Wanda wasn't herself in Bright Falls," Noembelu said. "Honda said she got taken over by someone else once. 'Wanda when Wanda didn't want to be Wanda.'"

Wanda was a battery for possessions and mental breakdowns, no doubt due to the unstable chaos magic she controlled. "While a powerful witch, Wanda's mind has not always been the most..stable. Her mind has been in possession of an Elder God of my universe as well as an unknown entity that made her do horrible things." T'Challa looked around the room. "There is no wonder she was drawn to this place."​

Status
Not open for further replies.