• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy thought he heard something from the wall dividing the living room and dining room, but he couldn't be sure. Whatever was happening in there, he had to put out of his mind. He looked around at the others who stayed behind and decided this was probably not the best group to be in. At least Starfire was here. Well, Nancy seemed cool, too. He didn't know what the deal was with that Shane guy.

What could be heard now were heavy footsteps echoing from out in the hall outside the dining room. Tommy doubted that was one of their guys coming back from the rooms. He went ahead and closed the twin doors out into the hall, but he could still hear the footsteps.

"... Who has a weapon here?" he asked.

@Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Ryu Keiko @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Archmage Jeremiah @ShiroKiyoshi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DiningRoom

Once he had made his way down, Toffee could see that one had to crouch if they wanted to navigate under the house. Pathways that looked like recent modifications went in different directions like a maze spread out before him.

"Congratulations!" announced Lucas. "You're a special contestant today!"

As it turned out, Toffee was standing on a conveyer belt that shot him forward. The walls moved out of the way for him as he was ejected into a pit. The fall would sting, but not kill him. His codex beeped. "Oops, guess that's a hit." If Toffee were to look around, he would see the walls surrounding him were metallic. The top of the pit was covered by a panel of glass that enclosed it.

The walls moved back into place so that the area was once again a maze. "You wanna save that guy, don't you?" Lucas asked the others. "Or... maybe you don't. Either way, you guys get the item either when he dies or when he escapes. Have fun with that."

The others had the choice of path A, B, or C.

Water began to pour into Toffee's prison. The water started to pool around his feet.

@thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @LaundryRoom

Leon swore under his breath at the situation that this maniac put them in. "So we have three choices... I'm thinking Path C, but my luck with choices hasn't been the greatest lately." He says with distrust in himself.

Leon looked at Kiyohime with a nod. "We're ready, but stay on alert. There's no telling what's to come." He listened to the maniac's voice as he saw the crawl space open. "Well... that's not creepy at all." He said with a small amount of sarcasm.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @laundry room

HqERPDH.jpg

Toffee sighed once the hatch opened. "Well, I suppose that at least one of us has to do it." Toffee said before climbing into the small crawlspace, almost certain that this was a trap of some sort.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @LaundryRoom​

Reiner Braun
@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Gummi Bunnies

Reiner appeared to have joined those at the laundry room, following Kiyo's lead Lucas' return, and his demands to bring four items... Though realizing that there was a limit of people who could enter, and that Lucas was very adamant about asking who was first, he wondered if there was any sort of trap waiting for them there...

Nonetheless, he took a deep breath, looking relatively calm before he spoke.

NDqRwJT.png

"... Ready." Reiner said.

It seems that he was prepared to head in as soon as possible, and though he would have gone first, Toffee was already doing this.​

[stabs][/stabs]The Batter feels a little bit ticked OFF by Lucas because he....reminded of him of himself from the past...He then walks towards the group at the laundry room. He then looks to Reiner. He could tell that Reiner was ready....The Batter then looked at himself.....He was too. He was determined. He was deteremined
to get through this with his friends.

View attachment 142974

"I will see them one last time..." He said to himself.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore

Once he had made his way down, Toffee could see that one had to crouch if they wanted to navigate under the house. Pathways that looked like recent modifications went in different directions like a maze spread out before him.

As it turned out, Toffee was standing on a conveyer belt that shot him forward. The walls moved out of the way for him as he was ejected into a pit. The fall would sting, but not kill him. His codex beeped. "Oops, guess that's a hit." If Toffee were to look around, he would see the walls surrounding him were metallic. The top of the pit was covered by a panel of glass that enclosed it.

The walls moved back into place so that the area was once again a maze. "You wanna save that guy, don't you?" Lucas asked the others. "Or... maybe you don't. Either way, you guys get the item either when he dies or when he escapes. Have fun with that."

Water began to pour into Toffee's prison. The water started to pool around his feet.

tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo9_100.png

"I suggest we split up so we can cover these paths quick, I'll go this way."

Kiyo didn't like where this was going, so she immediately proceeded through path B. She didn't like being pushed into these types of situations, but there wasn't much of a choice here.

@thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @York @The Batter @LaundryRoom

[stabs][/stabs]The Batter feels a little bit ticked OFF by Lucas because he....reminded of him of himself from the past...He then walks towards the group at the laundry room. He then looks to Reiner. He could tell that Reiner was ready....The Batter then looked at himself.....He was too. He was determined. He was deteremined
to get through this with his friends.

View attachment 142974

"I will see them one last time..." He said to himself.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore

Leon swore under his breath at the situation that this maniac put them in. "So we have three choices... I'm thinking Path C, but my luck with choices hasn't been the greatest lately." He says with distrust in himself.

Kiyo didn't like where this was going, so she immediately proceeded through path B. She didn't like being pushed into these types of situations, but there wasn't much of a choice here.

Reiner Braun
@thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @The Batter
@LaundryRoom

Reiner frowned, not sure where Toffee had ended up, but from what Lucas said... Evidently they were going to have to act fast in order to save him, and there seemed to be three paths to choose from, though he did agree with Kiyo's suggestion, nodding a little.

TW595Wo.png

"Come on! We can't waste time!" he shouted... Clearly intending on trying to save Toffee.

Then, seeing that Kiyo chose path B, Reiner decided to follow her quickly, hoping that they had made the right choice...​

Tommy thought he heard something from the wall dividing the living room and dining room, but he couldn't be sure. Whatever was happening in there, he had to put out of his mind. He looked around at the others who stayed behind and decided this was probably not the best group to be in. At least Starfire was here. Well, Nancy seemed cool, too. He didn't know what the deal was with that Shane guy.

What could be heard now were heavy footsteps echoing from out in the hall outside the dining room. Tommy doubted that was one of their guys coming back from the rooms. He went ahead and closed the twin doors out into the hall, but he could still hear the footsteps.

"... Who has a weapon here?" he asked.

@Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Ryu Keiko @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Archmage Jeremiah @ShiroKiyoshi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DiningRoom
Saeko nodded. "I have three. I wasn't taught to shoot, though." She said. She lifted part of her skirt to show the pistol, and her swords were at her side. She put her hand on the metal one.

Reiner Braun
@LaundryRoom

Reiner frowned, not sure where Toffee had ended up, but from what Lucas said... Evidently they were going to have to act fast in order to save him, and there seemed to be three paths to choose from, though he did agree with Kiyo's suggestion, nodding a little.

TW595Wo.png

"Come on! We can't waste time!" he shouted... Clearly intending on trying to save Toffee.

Then, seeing that Kiyo chose path B, Reiner decided to follow her quickly, hoping that they had made the right choice...​

Leon looked at them as they went. They were right, there's no point in wasting time. He rushes down Path C in hopes he made the right call.

@The Batter @York @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Laundry Room

"Maybe see and find out," Lucas said ominously. He waited a moment before speaking again. "'Course, if one of you aren't sure what to do, I'll just pretend you asked for a hit. Got that?"

@Otto @Gands @Pantry

Down path B, it wasn't long before Kiyo and Reiner encountered two doors. Both were locked until Lucas spoke to them and said, "Ya might know this one. One door is the truth door, the other is the lie door. You'll want the truth door. Ask one of the doors a question through me so you can decide which door to try. Hurry, time is ticking!"

Down path C, Leon encountered a locked door. Three lights beside the door were red. Four levers below the lights were all positioned DOWN. "Hey, there, pal. You just gotta put the levers in the right positions so all lights are green. Simple, right?"

In Toffee's prison, a panel slid open. A small screen showed Lucas' face. "Listen, buddy. I bet you're pissed you have to rely on those assholes to save ya. But, I got a deal for you. I can slow down the water if you agree to... inconvenience those trying to save you. Wanna try it?"

Down path B, it wasn't long before Kiyo and Reiner encountered two doors. Both were locked until Lucas spoke to them and said, "Ya might know this one. One door is the truth door, the other is the lie door. You'll want the truth door. Ask one of the doors a question through me so you can decide which door to try. Hurry, time is ticking!"

Down path C, Leon encountered a locked door. Three lights beside the door were red. Four levers below the lights were all positioned DOWN. "Hey, there, pal. You just gotta put the levers in the right positions so all lights are green. Simple, right?"

In Toffee's prison, a panel slid open. A small screen showed Lucas' face. "Listen, buddy. I bet you're pissed you have to rely on those assholes to save ya. But, I got a deal for you. I can slow down the water if you agree to... inconvenience those trying to save you. Wanna try it?"

"And what if I pull a wrong lever? Do I get turned into a llama?" He asked as he looked at the levers, questioning the correct pattern.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @York @Gummi Bunnies @Laundry Room

There was nothing about the button or around the button to indicate what would happen if it was pressed.

The saw began to inch toward the boy. He boggled at Phil's question. "What the FUCK does it matter who I am?! I am about to die! Press the fucking button!"

"Guys, it doesn't matter--"

"Does it?" Lucas asked. "Guy could be a murderer! Could be a big ol' bully. You don't know!"

"That's right, we don't know! I don't let people die!" Teddy was going to press it unless someone stopped him.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Glostechk @Bomb @LivingRoom

Tommy raised his brows at the weaponry. "Cool." He stepped away from the door, keeping a wary eye on them. "Get ready. I think Daddy might be coming."

The footsteps stopped just outside the door.

"I--" Lucas, for once, tripped over his own words. "You think you're funny? You know what it means to be wrong in this game."

@Leon Moretti

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Bomb @Glostechk

"Are you kidding me?!" Noembelu raised her voice, something rare. "'What kind of person is he?' He's a person who'll die if we don't help him." Noembelu looked at Teddy. "I say we push the button." Considering Amir and Six could get hurt, she added, "Lucas...I volunteer to take any physical consequence times six so no one else gets hurt."

Phil Connors

Phil wasn't sure what to do. That answer didn't give him any more questions than before. On one hand, the person was only a teenager, but on the other, what if pushing the button made the fence heavier. What if it was like the other button and injured the person who pushed it? Noemblu did raise a fair point though. " Lucas, you promise that if we press the button, it will stop the saw and won't kill him? He asked.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Glostechk @Atomyk @Bomb

"Maybe see and find out," Lucas said ominously. He waited a moment before speaking again. "'Course, if one of you aren't sure what to do, I'll just pretend you asked for a hit. Got that?"

@Otto @Gands @Pantry

Reiner Braun
@LaundryRoom

Reiner paused, thinking for a moment; both doors were in front of them, but one told only lies... While the other told only truths, or so it was in the riddle he had heard a few years ago. Evidently, this sort of puzzle had a very real risk of making Kiyo mad, but he sighed, deciding to try his luck, and ask one of the doors the best question he could think of.

YqZSlgF.png

"Are you to the left of the other door?" He asked the leftmost door in front of him.

With any luck, this would reveal if it was the liar... But who knows how much the answer might have changed...​

Makoto followed Kyoko and the others to the garage, keeping his thoughts to himself for now. When they entered, they found a wall of machine parts and various machinery running along the middle of the wide garage. Sections were open, where inside were what appeared to be car seats. There was six in total, but only four lit up for the four people who had entered.

"If you want this room's item, ya gotta play a little game. Six would be ideal, but we can do with four, can't we? Once you step in, there's no going back!"
kiri015.png

"I've never been overly fond of games like this, and yet I find myself playing these the most often," Kyoko simply said. She didn't like this one bit, but she didn't have any other choice. They all had to abide by Lucas's whims like puppets, lest they all die right there on the spot. The Ultimate Detective could only hope that if Junko Enoshima were watching, the blonde woman snaking into Kyoko's thoughts thanks to Makoto's reference earlier, she wouldn't happen to take notes from Lucas. This certainly seemed like something up the Ultimate Despair's alley.

With a reluctant breath, she approached one of the car seats and sat down in one of them, awaiting whatever sick game Lucas had planned for them.

@Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Atomyk @Crow

"Don't pretend you'd trust that promise," Lucas said as Teddy hit the button. The saw stopped. "But hey, look at that. Consequences times six, huh?" Lucas paused as if mulling it over. "Then this next part should be interesting."

Panels in the wall opened and five needles popped out of the wall. Teddy stepped back from them as if they were going to fire. "Let me give you fellas a tip-- each of you has five HP! That's two hits down to yellow, two hits down to red, then one more hit for death!"

"That explains a few things..." Teddy muttered.

"So, your lives are measured by five. The guy in the hot seat, his life is worth five HP. You'll need to sacrifice that amount to let him go free."

The saw came back to life and the boy swore again.

"But not so fast! His life is in mortal peril! I think, in that instance, shouldn't his life have a bit more urgency to it? A bit more... meaning? Each prick will cost the victim two HP to his one HP. At the very least, you're assured to be in the yellow! However, your please has intrigued me..."

Lucas giggled. "How about this. Either you do this how I just laid out, sharing the hits however you'd like, or the sacrificial lamb here removes herself of her life to save the boy. No one else will even have to lift a finger! Howsabout it?"

Teddy quickly turned to Noembelu. "Don't get any crazy ideas. We should share this, okay? It's the only right thing to do!"

There was nothing about the button or around the button to indicate what would happen if it was pressed.

The saw began to inch toward the boy. He boggled at Phil's question. "What the FUCK does it matter who I am?! I am about to die! Press the fucking button!"

"Guys, it doesn't matter--"

"Does it?" Lucas asked. "Guy could be a murderer! Could be a big ol' bully. You don't know!"

"That's right, we don't know! I don't let people die!" Teddy was going to press it unless someone stopped him.

Tommy raised his brows at the weaponry. "Cool." He stepped away from the door, keeping a wary eye on them. "Get ready. I think Daddy might be coming."

The footsteps stopped just outside the door.

tumblr_mu31pfQuP81r3p71oo5_500.gif

Saekonodded. "Right." She said as she bent slightly and drew her sword slightly to be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back