Hostage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jae sighed. "I don't know...honestly..." she said quietly, starting towards one of the mattress stores. She adjusted Cole on her back as not to hurt her fractured arm. "Hey..did you hear someone yell something earlier?" she asked, thinking through the events.

"I think there was something." Zora said trying to remember. She suddenly had surprise over her face. "Something about a fire!" She said quickly. "Do you think that's true?"

Jae stopped dead in her tracks. The escalators where ahead, and she could see the bright fire down the hall up the escalators. she hadn't even realized the amount of smoke above them. "Yeah..pretty sure it is!" she said, walking slowly backwards a moment before turning, walking calmly away. "We need to make it to the front of the mall, it should be far away from the fire there." she said calmly, but she was shaking a little. Too much stuff....!?!?!? her brain was groaning under the quick unfolding of events, but she looked perfectly calm on the outside.

Zora saw the smoke. "Right." She turned her way. "It will be fine. We will make it there." She said to reassure Jae. She knew that Jae couldn't always be so calm in all of this. It was a lot to take in at one time. "I wonder how the fire started?" She asked trying to distract her again as they made their way through the mall to get the front.

"I don't know...it doesn't make sense...how would a fire start here?" she sighed, stumbling a step and laughing nervously. "sorry, tripped over my own feet." she said as she regained her balance, starting forwards again, careful not to drop Cole.

"You don't have to hide it. It's okay to be afraid." She said. "The best thing to do for fear is admitting it. It makes you feel better a bit." Zora said to Jae as they continued through the mall. They had to have a large mall here. She looked around to see if anyone else was around. She would help them out if there were. Although she was hoping that the others had already gotten out and they were the only ones left. "Well, whatever started it it made alarms go off. That means the police and everything is coming. It will be alright. We will get out just fine." Zora gave her a smile.

Jae nodded. "Well..I'm just used to hiding emotions." she said, glancing over in the dark. "Are you scared?" she asked curiously. "I know we can make it out...but I'm not sure if the police will catch everyone.."

"Of course I am scared." She said. "I don't know who wouldn't be but I know we will be fine." She gave her another smile. "I'm also sure that the others will be alright. Though the best thing is for us to worry about ourselves."

Vicotor charges in again through falling wires and rushes towards the last of the people but he wonderd where that Yuki girl had got to and yelled out throught the fire and smoke "hey anyone there come on im gona help get you out" he rushes towards the people carrying some one. and says "hey do you need help? ive seen and fire exit follow me the fire brigade are almost here... are you the last ones ? "

Zora notices someone coming towards her and Jae. "We don't know." She said to his questions. "We haven't seen anymore people. I hope they all got out okay."

"ok do you need any help getting out of here ? " replies Victor.

"I guess you can show us the way out." Zora then said.

"ok its this way" replies Victor just as the sound of fire engines sirens came closer to the building.

"Right. Thank you." Zora gave him a smile. She started to walk in the direction she was told.

Jae dropped from beside Zora to following her as Victor led the way. She felt Cole's head slide sideways and corrected it so it rested on her shoulder. She didn't feel like being the one to accidently snap his neck or giving him a bad neck injury. She followed behind silently, careful to keep Victor in sight through the dark hallway.

suddenly a burning Banner draped from the second floor drips molten plastic down on to victor burning his arm. he winces as he tries to remove the burning plastic from his left arm. he pushes open the fire exit door and calls out to the others following him "hey watch out for the plastic dripping from that banner !"

Yuki appeared in front of Victor from out he shadows. " forgot about me that's so mean " she said with a fake pout.

" sorry about" replies Victor still holding his arm that was burnt from the molten plastic forming in a puddle near the fire escape door.

" your hurt." she went to his arm " come on lets go ." she said smiling

"ok but there are some others folowing me i need to put somthing so they know the way out" Victor exits through the door of the fire exit and scribbles in a sharpy on the wall and floor with arrows pointing towards the fire exit and returns back. "right lets get out of here" Victor replies . he could all ready hear water hitting the walls near by and the hissing of embers and flames being extinguished.

Status
Not open for further replies.