Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunatic woke up to Nemesis' glare, Empress with a cup of tea, and Seraph messing with a stray kitten. Lunatic shot up in his pajamas. "What are you doing lounging around!" Lunatic runs around the room searching for his mission outfit, glad he wasn't looking for his uniform. He tore up his room as he yelled at his companions. "And what are you doing in my room?! Didn't you put me through hell my third year asking for your own dorms?!" Seraph gave an immediate response. "We've been put on watch because of all the ruckus we've caused with Z'eklaz and other schemes. In other words our dorms have been confiscated." Lunatic picked up his shirt looking out of the corner of his eye at Nemesis who was glaring at him. "That explains her..." "I'm right here moron!" Lunatic jumped a little and continued with his questioning. "What about transport?" Empress sat her tea down. "We've created a little armored chopper for you. We'll use our drones as always." Lunatic was fully dressed. He sheathed his short sword and called his Dynamos to raise him. "Now that 20 questions is over with. Let's kick some ass!" Empress stood up gracefully acting annoyed, but in actually excited. Nemesis readied her drones turning them into two large spears, while Seraph ran a systems check and twirled her drones upwards when done.

After noting everyone was ready Lunatic pointed towards the giant metal wall that led where the gazebo let out. "Nemesis Spear!" Nemesis tossed a spear at the wall leaving a giant shocking trail that eventually caught up and caused an explosion blowing the wall open and dust out. "Your ride is near the south entrance. We'll inform your leader." Lunatic nodded and jumped out of the third story onto his Dynamos and sped to the southern entrance. Nemesis' spear reappeared in her hand, she tossed both at the gazebo and jumped out after them. Shortly after she lands on them and stares at the portal. Empress lands next to her with the hard sound of metal, she landed in a throne which quickly reverted back into her drones as she entered the portal. Seraph had a softer landing, she glided down when the smoke cleared and waltzed into the portal. Nemesis reverts her spears to drones and walks in. Empress was already talking to Bruce about Lunatic's whereabouts when Nemesis entered.

Lunatic had reached the vehicle. "Little eh?" The chopper was huge and not a chopper at all, it was designed more to a sports bike meant for modern warfare to rival HUM-Vs. Lunatic's jaw dropped. He hopped inside and revved the engine, the sides and top then came over his head and the hole inside lit up with displays and targeting even if it had no weapons. Lunatic burnt out then took off in a wheelie. While Empress was talking the giant vehicle came flying over her head landing with a slide. Lunatic popped the covering back and stood up waving. "I love you guys!" Empress face-palmed herself and then shoved Bruce away activating her drone wings. Nemesis mimicked this and Seraph just activated her wings. They hovered in the air waiting for a brief. Lunatic drove up to the current group and sat on his hood. "Yo. Bruce good luck."

Last edited:
Donovan was up before sunrise; he was accustomed to starting the day early. Instead of the usual morning routine, he did a small warm up. It was nothing more than a few sit-ups, push-ups, and other basic exercises, but it woke him up and prepared him for the mission ahead of him. Upon the short routine's completion, he took a shower and donned his mission garb. His snow white button up and long, trailing scarf adorned his torso. A pair of black slacks and simple brown sneakers covered his lower body. A belt with two holsters, his last piece of his outfit, carried Ampere and Volt, his dual pistols. This was of human make, but enchanted by the angels, giving them an electric attribute.

His preparations for the mission were complete as the sun rose on the horizon. He looked out the window, taking in the beauty of the morning sun. He opened the window and stood on the edge. With a smile, he leaped and began his descent to the lower levels of Horizon. Donovan loved the rush of the wind against his face. In a flash, he spread his wings and flew forward. He looked for the rest of his team, but didn't expect much. It was still quite early, even for early risers.

Not a moment later, he heard a large commotion. An explosion and the sound of scraping metal. Seems like the other students were up. He halted his flight path and looked for the source of the noises. One of them was a boy who went only by Lunatic. Donovan always felt uncomfortable calling him just "lunatic" but he was attached to the name and refused to be called anything else, nor did he offer any alternatives. Eventually, he grew used to calling him that. The boy lived up to his name, making a flashy entrance to his squad. He was on some sort of motor bike. The explosions and theatrics were entirely unnecessary, but that's the type of person Lunatic was.

The other source of the noise was Monica and her Demon partner. They were in quite a hurry. He chuckled and began to descend calmly down to the gazebo. He met with Monica and the rest of his team. "Morning team. Mornin' Leader." He spoke with mock respect. He didn't hate the squad leader, he just felt that he deserved it more. But he tried keeping that feeling tucked away until a more oppurtune time.

After going over the mission once again in his head, Castiel turned to the people who had just entered through the stations, his chain scythe strapped to his left hip and his smaller blades all around his back waist. The girl in the robot-like suit spoke to him, thus drawing his attention to her. His first reaction to the suit was trying to figure out what it was, but it occured that it was similar to a robot and he immediately became fascinated. "Z'eklaz, huh? Wow, he's pretty cool as well. Demons sure come in many different styles..." Castiel said while looled closely at the suit. "And indeed, it's a bit smelly, but as leader, I can't really complain if I'm to lead this mission."

His attention was drawn away by the boy who had just came in and greeted everyone, his voice not sounding very pleased in Castiel's ears. On top of that, he could tell that the boy was younger than him. However, he could do nothing about it. Deciding to be the 'grow up' (by that I mean not very grown up) here, Castiel responded with, "Good morning to you as well, damn brat." If he wasn't going to respect him, he could expect none in exchange. Though judging by his attitude already, he probably doesn't care about respect.

When that was done with, Castiel said loudly to the group, "Alright, I'm your leader from the House of Aether, Castiel L'Diesk. I know you've already received a brief overview of the mission, so I'll just get to the point. Explore the mines, and watch your backs." After saying that, he turned to the leader from the House of Gaia, Yosuke. "Anything you'd like to add?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serika stood closer to Bruce than anyone else, due to her already knowing him, and summoned Regnius before her just as others were coming in. Working with other did, indeed, make her nervous when her brother wasn't around, but it was her third year now; she'd have to get used to it. Her blade gauntlets were tightly strapped to her arms and the shield ball placed in a pocket at her hip. She felt as ready as ever, especially with Zale on standby. However, she would need to know if it was necessary to bring him out. Therefore, she decided to consult with Bruce briefly about it. "Um... B-Bruce? I have this demon who's pretty big and monstrous, you think I'll ever need him on this mission?"

Yosuke
"Ach! Where is it?! How could I have lost it?!" Here he was a squad leader and he seemed to have misplaced his scythe, Gnist La. How was he to do anything without that? Time continued to run out just as a small figure came flying through his window. "Not now Ambrosia, I have to find my scythe... Where is it?" If he had only taken a few seconds to look behind him, he would see that it was safely in the tiny arms of his partner. She tried to grab his attention more, but when you don't speak it can be difficult. At last she just gave up and dropped the scythe. Where she dropped it just so happened to be on Yosuke's head. "Gah! Son of'a-My scythe! Why didn't you say anything earlier Ambrosia?" She just looked at him and smiled. "... Right not much of a talker. Well, we're almost late s lets hurry," No time for doors, Yosuke just jumped out the window, as Gnist La began sparking. As the scythe activated in his hands, he became more aware. His legs began to pick up a tremendous amount of speed. When he first started using this weapon he would always trip, but after four years of using it he know was able to only get hit when there is simply no way for him to stop.

It took him only a matter of seconds to cross all the way from one side of the campus to the other. He soon found his group right as they were entering. But he had no time to rest. As soon as he got inside, they were transported to Loxdon. The mountainous region was never one Yosuke prefered as there were many places where the enemy would easily obtain the upper hand. Castiel spoke to him, asking if there was anything he wanted to add. He had thought extensively about it.

"Goblins are the grunt workers of the Demon world. As such they make up a large portion of the population, and always work in groups. Goblins are nasty little buggers, often sacrificing their own members and strapping explosives to them. Usually against their will. Though they always carry a weapon, they have one Hell of a bite. I've seen shoulder blades broken by one. However avoid the teeth and goblins by themselves are toys. But they do have one advantage over us. They are in large numbers. Try not to get overwhelmed, and use any crowd control skills you might have. Some goblins are very capable mages, and should be taken out immediately if spotted. Our main objective is to take back the mine. The best way to do so, is to kill the Goblin General. They are likely the most cowardly of all goblins, however they always create pain for their troops. Kill him and the goblins will route. Nothing more to add. Get in a vehicle and we'll move out." Talking to a group about a mission was probably the only thing about speech Yosuke could do right. He was happy about one thing though. Luseia was in his Squadron.
Claire
This would be Claire's first time actually against a demon that was not specifically caught for her to fight. She was excited to say the least, though as always her expression did not change. She approached her destination and was soon transported to the bogs of Remus. They weren't pleasant to say the least. These areas were once very beautiful, but years of demon activity had transformed them into almost a swamp. They soon set out to reach the reservoir. It would take them about an hour to get there.

Monica 'Gadget' Farez, SkyBlue
Monica looked at Yosuke as he spoke and then over at the vehicles. "I can act as the shock trooper.... Literally as the group if needed. Z'eklaz and I can probably take the most punishment and deal the most Area of Effect damage. I retrofitted the inbuilt guns in the arms with conductors and mini-transformers to arc electricity out and into the ground. I can use Z'eklaz as a massive Tesla Coil." She said with a smile. She then looked at the cars "I will be really vulnerable until we get there though... Zek in his armor form wont be able to fit in there so... I will have him wait." She said as her armor began to dissipate around her leaving her floating off the ground for a few seconds. She then lightly touched down and smiled before going over and taking the Shotgun seat in the first car. She pulled Her key up from her side and rest it on her lap. The key seemed pristine and almost otherworldly in its beauty. There was not a single stain or blemish on its surface. It was a pure white key and looks almost Angelic in nature. Monica herself did not know where it came from or how it was made. She never left it to far and it was almost at her side as if it carried something dear to her.

Rolan stepped out from the group and held up a tarot to them written down as Judgement. "I can strike anyone in a direct line with this card. Any and all sinners in the way when i use this card is damned to death." He explained calmly before sliding the card back up his sleeve. His gryphon scoffed lightly and spoke itself "now Rolan, don't you think it's rather hypocritical to judge others, yet you have yet to judge yourself?" It said in a snarky, belittling town. "Silence." He replied in one word and shot a glare deadlier than medusa could at his own demon, prompting it to return to behind him without a word.

"I prosper best when attacking from the back thanks to longer ranged magic abilities, however, when i use that card, i would highly recommend staying behind me, lest it kill you as well have you sinned." He spoke calmly. Each word of his cold, calculated, and more or less without emotion. "I am in your care."

He didn't care much for Castiel's tone. In fact, he expected it from him, though the words went in one ear and right out the other. Slowly, his other teammates began to arrive and they were all ready to go. Despite his disdain for authority and the leadership, he believed that this was a pretty solid team. And despite that malice, he could work well with others, as long as everyone did their part. Monica and Z'eklaz were suited well for drawing the attention of the goblins. The rest of the team would do well to fight from a distance or make quick strikes, like himself.

"Well, since we're talking battle plans, I guess I can make quick strikes in and out of the goblin horde. We're not freshman, so I'm pretty sure we can handle what's coming to us." As long as everyone did their part, they would be fine. "Still, the mines are quite enclosed, so I'm not as mobile as I could be. No room to fly around." He hoped that setback wouldn't be too much of a harm. He still had Ampere and Volt. He still had some powerful lightning. It should be enough.

"With all the formalities out of the way, don't you think we should get going?" He took the back seat of the first car.

The few weeks being back in Horizon was the usual, same like any other day of Horizon with little to do and boredom to company her days. Luseia didn't do much during her first week though she did happen to prank a group of freshmen by disguising herself as a teacher but then she got herself sent to see the head of the house to be lectured for her mischief. Though she got lectured, it wasn't the last of her games as it was two days ago, she got in trouble again for pulling a prank on a teacher and was given extra work plus having to help the teachers around with whatever they needed assistants with. After that, Luseia calmed down a bit on her pranks but she still had so much more in plan for Horizon all piled in her dorm room.

Pulling on her spiked gloves, Luseia was getting ready for her first mission - first mission of her third year - and had just got her armor on over her school uniform. She didn't really use much armor since it only got in her way and the armor made it hard to fly so it was best for her to place certain areas that needed protection the most. After getting her knives into their sheath around her thighs, she strapped on Gemini onto her belt to secure it from being taken or being lost,"There, better hurry before I'm late." Luseia said and headed out of her room to join the others. Arriving to the gazebos, she entered through the portals that only let the one chosen to attend the mission, Luseia being one of them.

In honesty, Luseia didn't really know a few of her teammates - besides Yousuke and Castiel - though she have heard and seen them around the campus. Two were in her classes but she haven't engage with them on a friend level. The other two, however, were people she seen little of though one of them stood out a bit from the other, a girl with amazing green eyes that resemble the color of emeralds. From what Luseia heard, the girl had a high level demon and was known to be very 'powerful' but Luseia haven't seen the girl in action yet nor have she seen the great demon she possess so maybe today she would see if the rumors were true.

Luseia was the few of the last to arrive and was lucky enough to be on time for the squad leaders announcement on where the mission would be located and what was needed to be done,"Sorry, I got sidetracked a bit." Luseia apologized to her group and watched as everyone had already set their role for the mission. One of them took the role as 'tank', another speaking to be range attack - in a very stolid attitude - and the last as one of the quick shot. As for Luseia, she was fine with whatever role though she could just roll with back-up or decoy,"I got your back if you need support so I'll play back-up." Luseia said since the location was in a cave, it limited her powers on what she can do and can't do.

Staring at Yousuke, Luseia had to say that his speech was good but it was a shame that he could only be like this during serious situations,"You could get a girl if you were like this more often." Luseia mumbled, shaking her head,"Then again, it's his 'good' points." Luseia giggled, waving at Yousuke and following after the others into a car.

Despite being one of the team leaders, Elise was among the last to actually arrive in the bogs. She didn't put much stock into formality or planning anyway, but this was bad, even for her. She flew into the rest of the group as they made their trek through the bogs of Remus toward the reservoir, and slowed to a more reasonable pace once she had caught up. She carried her oversized zweihander resting on one shoulder.

"Ah, sorry I'm late everyone," she said to the group. "I'm Elise Schwartzchild, and I'll be representing Class Aether on this mission" Her shimmering wings shifted slightly from time to time, but didn't really flap as they continued to bear her aloft, now only six inches or so above the ground. "It looks like a basic investigation, but we shouldn't let our guard down just because it's routine. Something might be doing this intentionally, after all. We certainly can't just ignore the problem, if that reservoir goes bad, it'll be tough for the whole region to get usable water."

"Anyway...uh, that's about it," she said, her hurried attempt at a briefing trailing off. "If any of you guys have aquatic demons, it'll probably be a good time to let them strut their stuff today."

She made her way over to Bruce, her fellow lead, as surreptitiously as someone hovering on glowing wings could. At least it was quiet. "Man, this place stinks," she complained quietly to him. "At least I don't have to march through it. ...Any theories on why we're out here? Demons trying to poison the well or something?"

Reiko

She was there the entire time. She was just silent. There was no need for any false formalities with her. She was here to do her job, nothing more. Not that she hated people, people were fine and all. She simply was brief by nature.

She let out a tiny squeal when she was frightened by the person flying in. Elise, she introduced herself as. She followed close behind Bruce and the others. She would hate not to be useful, just incase what the angel was saying was true. Actually she probably wasn't supposed to be listening but the place they were in was so quiet it was hard not to hear.

Just incase, she allowed Helena to materialize. Her demons were usually just stored in her subconscious, where they tended to chatter and commentary too often for Reiko's liking, until she let them out. Helena would be useful for a quick defense in a worst case scenario.

Helena stretched out, following behind Reiko. "This mission sounds super easy, why am I even here?" Reiko's laziest demon asked. Reiko lifted her eyebrow at her, giving her an obvious Because-I-Said-So look. "Fine, Fine. Ew, this swamp is gross." The considerably less stoic than Reiko woman said. Reiko ignored her but smiled a little. She liked all of her demons, though they were all terrible at the quiet game.

She had her Scythe strapped to her back, it was heavy so she gave it to Helena who carried it for her. Helena didn't complain about this. It was just natural.

Monica turned her head to look at all the others slowly coming through the portal. She right now enjoyed her position among all those around her. She was in the front seat and she loved every second of it. She wouldn't give it up for anything right now. It was when all seemed to be going well that Z'eklaz made his presence known by looking like he burst out of her chest as a black aura seemed to emanate out from around her body. Monica stared daggers at the demon "You scared the shit out of me you bastard!" She screamed and tried to swing at the demon. It just laughed deeply "Oh, I know I did.. I felt your at ease... you do not need to be at ease in this place... I smell them.. Oh, yes! They are near... The Goblinoid like creatures... damnable things.. I never employed their worthless help. I rose to my position through sheer strength and command of my lesser. They knew their place!" He roared as he let his feelings on the situation known.

Monica just stared at him but listened to the wise words of the Demon Lord. Though most of the time it was him boosting his already enormous ego. Surprisingly this time he was speaking the truth. "They are near aren't they?" she said to Z'eklaz. Z'eklaz had a face form that nearly took up the entirety of the room in the front of the vehicle. Monica pushed herself against the back of the seat to allow the demon to form its massive head. It obviously wasn't his true head as it wouldn't fit in the car at all. It just smiled widely "Oh, yes... I taste them.... I hunger.." It said before disappearing completely and going back into what seemed to be her body. Monica coughed and shivered "I hate when he does that... Makes me all freezing cold and stuff... It makes me feel like something crawled up my spine.." She mumbled.

The group had begun walking towards the well in a brisk pace. Bruce was near the front with all three of his weapons present and strapped to his body. The load weighed him slowed him, but not the determination that was burning inside of him. Innocent people are in danger because of the poisoned water. Even though what caused it was unknown Bruce thought it was indeed demons when Elise so he sent Alex and Thalus ahead to scope out well in case there were any demons.

"Guessing that because demons like hiding in this swamp, the poisoning was likely their fault." He replied to Eilse's question and then answered Serika's." No. It's probably not good to have a five story monster wrecking the place. We do need to limit the damage to the well, but if all things go south then yes."

Up ahead, X-5 was looking at the sicking water. It stared at some object underwater that was slowly drifting out of reach. Suddenly the object's shape disappeared leaving a slash of water in its place. The demon went in after it and rummaged through the murky water for it. A few moments later, X-5 retrieved a metal object covered in plant debris. X-5 then began getting out of the water examining the object. It appeared to be a man-made weapon of sorts that had been out in the swamps for a while yet with the amount of things out there it could have easily been for a few hours. The demon then looked up the path to the well's entrance. Thalus and Alex were awaiting near the entrance for the group and it leaped over to join them.

Seven members in the squadron, Cassandra thought to herself as she woke that morning. And she wasn't leading any of them. To say she didn't wake with jealousy in her mind was an understatement. However, she instead channeled it at trying to get the leaders to notice how good she was at just about everything, and maybe then their jobs. They were going down to marshy area, so this was where Lui would shine the most. She mostly fought on her own, like Nara, and that's how Cassandra liked it. She'd learned everything she had to know about anything on her own, and that was how she fought.

As she dressed in her armor for fighting, Nara appeared behind Cassandra. "You know, being this jealous isn't healthy for you. And... it wouldn't hurt for you to be in a team as opposed to working alone all the time." Nara said, moving off the doorframe she'd been leaning on, and handing Cassandra her lance. "I'm no use on marshy ground, but... if you need to try and use any of my power, I'll be there."

"That's the contract. You are free to materialize at will, but always come when I call using the dog tags." Cassandra said, finishing up packing for her outing into the world below. "But, you won't be useful and Lui will. I will be perfectly fine, and show the higher ups that I am to be a Squad Leader."

With that she was ready to go, and she was out the door. Nara stayed behind, but put herself into her own dog tag soon enough, as she could stray too far without feeling pulled by it anyway. Cassandra was moving fast, and arrived somewhat early to the meeting. she waited down below, watching the area around herself for demons or anything else that might pop out of nowhere.

Cassandra was going to say hyer skills, but they moved on before she had the chance. Whatever. She'd show them all as the mission when on. The lance would be heavier than usual, since she'd have to carry the whole time, but she was prepared for that inevitability. Besides, this would be a short, easy mission to get their bearings and see how they did working together. She summoned Lui while they were waiting, the girl in a white materialized, her eyes a violet that somehow seemed harsh as they observed the marshlands around them.

"Your compatriots have come to Ireland I see. I'm not surprised that human filth has remained in the water. Many beer bottles that I'd sooner use to smash them to piece than leave where they are... but I'd prefer not to drown you. That would be against contract." Lui said as she emerged, looking around her with scorn and distaste. It was clear she'd sooner kill everyone here than help them, and she was only just barely kept in check by Cassandra. "Are you all waiting to die? Let us go to fulfill our mission so we may all leave this rotted country."

Castiel nodded along while listening to their abilities just to make it seem like he had interest when in reality, he didn't care. All he cared about was how they were while fighting. His wings spread briefly to stretch before retracting back into place. After that, he made his way to the car, sitting in the drivers seat. He knew how to drive. It was only natural for a robot/electronic loving person he is. He then began to drive in the direction of the mines, keeping his eyes out for any signs of goblins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serika let out a small sigh at Bruce's reply; Zale would have to wait for another time to be released. She could feel him mentally nudge her, but she could only let out a quiet apology. Just then, Xeneus asked to be let out, and she obliged. The human-looking demon appeared behind her on Regnius, riding him as well. The tiger let out a growl before carrying on walking.

"Mission ~ Mission~," Xeneus sang happily through his gas mask, his differently colored eyes shining brightly. Serika simply let out a smile before refocusing on the mission ahead of her.

Ayumu Makoto & Tempest, purple
Ayumu wasn't with the others. He didn't enjoy ceremonies, hadn't in years. He let his right arm angle itself cockeyed much like the tie around his neck. The damn thing was like a noose. Who the hell designed these things anyways? Were they supposed to show how flashy their school was while fighting a demon? Ayumu was pretty sure what they wore--the demon would eat them regardless. Now the males in some classes had...other objectives. Girls in skirts—That was just asking for trouble.

Granted that was not to say he himself never thought about finding a beautiful girl here and just live. To hell with the world, he'd wished he could say. Every time he thought mercilessly on it--hours spent by candle light thinking about her. Eager to find out her mysteries; both carnal and something much deeper seeded in his soul. It wasn't her long, limber legs or her finesse with a sword. It wasn't the way her one green eye reflected the light of a breaking dawn or a slowly eclipsing nightfall. Something about the way her dark hair, like the wonderful black velvet of the night sky captivated him. It was the way her skin seem glow with all the warmth of the sun; reddish pink like she were merely blushing.

Then...then there was her voice; 'twas a serenade of giggles and teasing remarks. Things he couldn't get out of his head if he wanted to. He hoped, he prayed, he begged that they wouldn't leave him in the solitude of his own thoughts. He sighed deeply again, leaning back against the ashlar of the battlement. Crinkled paper with half scribbled prose written in surprisingly good calligraphic hand writing, lie about him in crumpled heaps. The poetic proses that lie half unwritten or discarded.

"Ah!" He gripped his hair in frustration. "What the hell should I write?! I can come up with a smartass answer on the fly--I can kill demons--no problem. Ask me to write a poem it's like saving the damn world with a stick!" He balled up another wad of paper tossing it blindly over the tower's edge until he heard and unfamiliar voice call out.

"Ow!" A voice called out to him.

Ayumu blinked. Was it someone from the ceremonies? He gathered his things, absent minded to the half-finished works or those he deemed not good--and stood up. The air was one of new beginning; always new to the first years. But the more you hung around this place the more monotonous it became.

However, it wasn't them that had called out. At least one would be fumbling awkwardly. Gazed out peerless, impeccably scouring for the source of an unfamiliar voice. The thing was it hardly resembled Aether or human. Looking down he dropped his belongings, snatched his sword and ran for the saw tooth battlement that encircled the top of the tower as well as the large stone walkways along the stone walls.

He landed first on a conical turret, then dropped like a cat to the extended beam that held the heralded the flour making shop. He held the Murasame backhanded.

What the hell was this thing. Had the wings of both angel and demon and he was huge, around 12 or 13 feet in height. Where the hell was Samuel? He had to have sensed this....this....thing by now.

Yosuke
The jeeps took them as far as they could go. They were in a more wooded area of the mountains. It was much flatter here and combat would be more even. They were maybe a mile from the mine by that time. Yosuke got out and was heading the group. His scythe flashed and flickered with electricity. It was dead silent in the woods, and he could see the mine coming into view, however no he moved more slowly. Four years experience was all he needed to know that something was happening. Heightened senses only made it easier. There was a rustle in some bushes and a blur of almost mustard yellow came flying out of the bushes. It was an ambush, yes, however the goblin was not the ambusher, but merely the weapon on which to ambush. With one swift motion, Yosuke swung his scythe around him, and pinned the goblin to a tree with the blade. "They're here! Everyone get ready!"
Claire
The group arrived at their destination in about an hour and a half. It didn't take long for anyone to see that the reservoir was filthy, and unfit to drink. Its color was a nasty rust red. However the closer one got to the center, one could see the color was changing. It got more vivid and red, until the very center where it was a deep blood red. It smelled far worse here, than anywhere else they had been. Strange plants were growing there, but they did not seem to be there naturally. They were divided into four sections, as if they were being farmed. Claire, the ever curious one, approached the water. "Something must be farming whatever those are. They must be the cause of the toxic water." she moved closer to the water's edge. Something rippled in the surface of the water, it was impossible to see into the murky depths. Suddenly, something broke the surface, gripping tightly to Claire's ankle. It pulled her to the ground. More figures began to arise from the water. They were tall, and humanoid, covered in water plants. It seemed as if they were oozing mud and water. "Help! Its pulling me in!" She grabbed her gun and began shooting the arm that grabbed her, but every shot was just swallowed by the oozing arm of the Demon.​

Monica looked around as the vehicle drove and quietly reflected on the last few days which she normally did whenever was about to enter a dangerous area. When vehicle stopped she stepped out and held the Key Out. "Z'eklaz... Lets do this.." She said as the darkness around her seemed to burst out of her chest. She shook lightly as the darkness enveloped her entirely. The void swirled around her before exploding out a foot and condensing into a large powered suit. The suit lit up brightly as the helmet lenses began to glow a bright blue. She looked up and began to laugh "I feel alive..." she said before clenching her power armored fist. The helmet around her head began to dissolve revealing her face and eyes. Her eyes seemed to be glowing an almost demonic yellow.

She continued forward until Yosuke sliced a Goblin and pinned it to a tree. Z'eklaz spoke out loud "I smell them! I hunger!" The suit seemed to roar as Monica's eyes flared through a minor possession. The helmet around her head reformed before she stood up straight. Electricity arched around the gauntlets of the powered armor as Z'eklaz began to pour power into the suit. Several Goblins ran out into the open as the large grouping began to come out into the open. Monica began to laugh "From the depths of hell! I come to kill!" She roared as Z'eklaz influenced her combative side in a sort of berserk rage. Monica leapt nearly six feet into the center of the mass making them concentrate their attacks on her. She turned right and delivered and punch at a Goblin that caused its entire body to explode in a mist. "I will draw their attention! Take them out!" Monica yelled out. She then turned left and grabbed a goblins entire body with the armors large hands. The helmet around her head seemed to phase as Z'eklaz's Jaw formed. Z'eklaz's ethereal jaw clamped shut on its body causing the goblin to stop struggling before Monica dropped it on the ground. The shadow jaw disappear showing the helmet once again.

Cassandra tried to remain vigilant on the trip, watching for goblins as she went. Lui was out, as she was the main combat demon, but not for the water mission like Cassandra had confused herself with doing earlier. Lui was good in most situations anyway, and if she could sense a mere spring from underground, she could use it to collapse a part of the mine. The problem would be her, 'her highness' attitude. While Lui was a fairly high up demon, she was just short of being a greater demon. Her power would wane here, but at sea she was something to be feared, and she had been at sea before... but Cassandra found that Lui liked exotic fish too much to stay there without Cassandra's family fish tank.

Cassandra insisted that it was her trickery that won over such a powerful demon, not the fact that the demon itself was quite a moron. As Cassandra pondered over this, she saw the flash of yellow and was at arms just as quick as the rest, spinning out her lance in preparation for what was to come. The goblins had a short reach, but Cassandra's was longer, deadlier, and would keep her away from those nasty teeth of theirs. With a quick flick of her wrist, she sliced a goblin in half, and swept out wide to knock even more down.

"Already on it! Let's kill 'em all!" Cassandra yelled to Monica as she started to cut swaths through the goblins that had appeared.

Reiko

She heard Claire's scream and grabbed her Scythe from Helena. Helena made a platelet for both of them and the now newly materialised Circe and Yggdrasil. She was by Claire in no time, she swung her Scythe at the arm. It got stuck halfway through. It'd take time to work it out so she looked over at Helena. "Surround Claire." She spoke, "I was already on it." Helena gave a groan. She was slow on surrounding Claire and the rest of them with platelets so Reiko would have the time to work the Scythe out. She did so faster than expected and tried again, this time cutting the arm entirely off and freeing Claire and Helena let the defense wall down, not trying to protect the angel more than necessary.

"Yggdrasil." Reiko told her what to do with her eyes. Yggdrasil made more copies of Reiko, about five of her standing around and holding Scythe's after that. "I'd like to be helpful." Circe spoke, she was on her platelet about 10 feet up in the air while the rest where inches above ground.

"Why?"
"Because it is so."
"Stop bickering."

At Yggdrasil's usually wise words the two quieted down.

Last edited by a moderator:
"There's our problem," Elise said as she took to the air. "Looks like we've got a group of Paellaidh moving in. We'll have to discourage them from making themselves at home here. Careful, they're at a definite advantage in the water, they're strong, and they're very resilient" She left out any details that wouldn't be relevant to the fighting to come, although she could give a better explanation later, as need-be. "They're a bit slow, but if you get caught, you'll be in deep trouble." She raised her voice to make sure she'd be heard. "Everyone! Try to keep someone close by and cover each other, and spread out a bit. If you're good in the water or can fly, take the fight to them! Otherwise, don't take too big of a risk, and don't run off on your own!"

She didn't exactly heed her own advice and flew ahead to take the fight to the fey creatures who showed themselves near Claire and Reiko. Being careful to keep the others and their demons out of her own attack range, she swung her sword right at one of the creatures. The blade didn't bite too far into the muck before it stopped, and the follow-through didn't carry it any further in, but rather lifted the paellaidh bodily up and sent it flying. Elise laughed in triumph. "How's that? Teach you to move into someone else's waterways!" She prepared to take a counter attack, hovering above the water with her back toward the other members of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.