Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"EEEE!" Nara said, nearly screeching in joy. "I choose....." she paused to scan the crowd. Her eyes settled on the demon that had manifested itself and scared the group of children. "HIM! I wanna go talk to that guy, because I know him, I think. That's... Z'eklaz I think. If he's here then there's gotta be a prodigy and overall boring person like you, Cassandra!"

"I'm not-" before Cassandra could argue the point, she was dragged along to just outside the conversation between the pair of people. Something about the demon being powerful? Or food? She wasn't sure. She stood there in the cafeteria doorway for a bit before Nara pushed her the rest of the way inside. As she stumbled inside, Cassandra straightened up quickly, moving to catch herself before she fell. This wasn't the first time Nara had shoved her into a social situation.

"Erm," Cassandra said, trying to find her footing in the situation. "Hello, I am Cassandra Pellindra... uhm, I'm going to get... that... cheese steak." Cassandra said before dashing off to grab some food for herself and possibly Nara.

"Why do you let her push you around? You should remove her from your roster. I am powerful enough to fill in for her while you find someone competent." Lui said from her dog tag. "Why bother with that imbecile, when she provides nothing in return?"

Luseia was in the lead and she was so close to the mess hall. She could have fly but that would be too easy and Yousuke was already behind so why rush until she heard familiar sounds of hooves gaining up on her. Taking a glance to look behind her, Luseia was shocked to see Yousuke's horse already running by her side and before she could answer Yousuke's offer, she was pulled on board,"K-kyah!" Luseia would cry out and wrapping her arm around Yousuke's waist, she held on for dear life so she wouldn't fall off the demon horse as they raced away to the mess hall. Soon, they arrived to the cafeteria and releasing her grip, Luseia looked down at Yousuke and pouted,"Cheater, but since I didn't say any rules, I'll pay for today~" Luseia said though she did plan to pay in the end whether she won or not.

Getting off Thunderbolt, Luseia would examine her surrounding to see that some of the freshmen and other students that saw their little race were quite terrified, some on the ground and others running to dodge the horse,"Oops, sorry about that!" Luseia called out and using her healing ability, a gush of wind would surround those that were harmed and heal their wounds though they were small. Once she got that done, she turned to Yousuke with a bright smile,"So what do you wanna eat? It's on me." Luseia asked already knowing what she wanted to get.

@St O'possum

The two and the tiger hadn't left the area yet when something caught Castiel's eye. A robot. A really cool looking robot. It could only be a demon and it appeared to be long to a man with a full grown beard. He looked old, or rather, like a caveman. His other demons were quite interesting as well. Castiel grabbed his sister by her shoulder, in which she turned to look at him. She could tell he was looking at the other demons, especially the robot. That is, until it was withdrawn.

"Hey, Sei. Didn't you think that robot demon was cool? It was, wasn't it?" Castiel spoke quickly and excitedly, which was the first Serika had seen him so hyped over something other than himself, her, or weapons.

"....I guess it was pretty cool," Serika replied timidly. Beside her, Regnius was growling softly. "There, there, Regnius. I think my demons are the coolest," she said while burying her face in his soft fur.

"Sei~~ Let's go. Maybe he'll let me see it again." With that, Castiel grabbed Serika by the hand and walked over to the man. "Hey, you. That robot before was tight. You plan on summoning it again anytime soon?"

"Brother! I mean--Castiel. Don't be rude!" Serika did her best not to call Castiel 'brother' when at school, especislly since they were a slightly odd pair of siblings and they weren't blood related. "Erm... I apologize for his rudeness..."

@Archwar

Yosuke
"Heheh... Um Sorry!" He hadn't realized his little ride had caused such a commotion. He turned to his Demon and let him on his way. they were amazing and loyal partners, but they weren't exactly the best conversationalists. In fact, neither have ever actually spoken to him at all.

No, nonono, He couldn't make her pay! He half expected her to just refuse. But, it seemed there wasn't much he could do. "Alright. Tell you what, I'll pay next time." The hall was already filled with a fair amount of students, all of whom eating and buzzing with conversation. There were old students showing off and new students nervous of what is to come. "Hm... I'll just have curry." Never one to change his way, that one. Part of the reason why he never tried to work on his speech. It just wasn't in his nature to change what he does.​

Monica 'Gadget' Farez, SkyBlue
Z'eklaz picked up the last cheese steak out of the 21 he had eaten and raised it to his nose. The demon's sense of having to have everything near perfect was a slight petpeeve of Monica's but it also assisted her greatly as the demons technical skill and fighting skill was far beyond her own. Before Monica could even blink Z'eklaz devoured the last cheese steak then looked down as if expecting more to be on the tray. It groaned loudly "Well, I think I ate them all." It said as if prodding Monica to get more. Monica groaned in response "You... are insatiable... But, I know... you are hungry. Ill get more." She said before standing and coming back two minutes later with twelve more foot long cheese steaks. She sat down across from Z'eklaz and looked at him. "I have... Spent like.. alot so far. Well, I spent little but still more than normal. I hope you are happy." She said to Zek.

Z'eklaz picked up one of the cheese steaks and sniffed it "Oh, I am." It said before biting its Ethereal hand off again and took the cheese steak with it. Monica then saw someone get pushed closer as Z'eklaz didn't bother to take his attention away from his food. It was then that Cassandra introduced herself and said something about a cheese steak. Z'eklaz looked up "If you touch my cheese streaks I will eat you whole just the way I am.. Or I may grow larger and take half the floor with you." It said monotonically before pulling 'his' tray of cheese steaks closer. Monica glared at Z'eklaz but the Demon Lord didn't take notice. She looked at the girl "Oh, Well I am Monica. Its nice to meet you." She said before turning back to where she put her cheese steak. "Zek! You bastard! You ate my food!" She yelled at the Demon Lord. Z'eklaz looked up for a second before continuing to indulge itself. "I did not." It responded slowly.

Monica sighed and quickly snatched half a cheese steak off the Demon Lords plate. It was then that it stopped and placed the cheese steak it was sniffing down. "Really, Let us be immature now." It said to her with obvious belligerency in its voice. Monica glared "Well, I guess we will. We will settle this at a later date." She said with a giggle. Z'eklaz laughed "Oh, I see." It responded before continuing to eat. Monica looked around to see many people coming into the cafeteria now. She tilted her head "Well, This place is becoming active." She said out loud.

Last edited:
Bruce was about to lead his own group to the lunch area when he heard someone call him. Bruce turned his body around seeing that a rather odd pair. A black haired angel who seemed hopping mad about meeting X-5 and a redish-blondish girl human who mentioned that the angel was her brother. A white tiger demon was with them as well. For a moment Bruce stood there debating if he should hold off the lunch or not just to call X-5 out. His option was decided when Thalus, still wearing the party hat, began tugging on his uniform. He looked over at Alex who seemed distant and sighed.

"Sorry, my friend here gets real picky when he hasn't had food in a bit. As for my other friend how about I show it at the cafeteria? Meet me by the entrance and we can introduce each other, ok?" Bruce said as he shoved Thalus away and in response the wolf growled, not at Bruce, but at the other group for interrupting their lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
In return to the growling wolf, Regnius retaliated with a more aggressive grchowl and bared his fangs. "Regnius, be nice," Serika said, scolding the tiger. He simply let out a low snarl and looked away. Regnius rarely spoke, yet he seemed to like growling. Zale only talked when he was summoned in a fight, which was hardly ever because of his size. On that note, almost no one at the school had seen him before. Not that she needed to talk to her demons. If she wanted someone to talk to, there was Xeneus, who was quite the chatterbox.

"Yeah, I'll be there," Castiel said, nodding to the person. He was set on seeing the robot again. Serika leaned onto her tiger as they all began to walk out. Just as she did, Xeneus started his usual ruckus in her head to let her know he wanted out. Obliging, Serika summoned the tall, black haired demon with different colored eye. Immediately after being summoned, Xeneus climbed onto Regnius' back, much to the tigers displeasure.

"Yo, Reg. You too, my Seri~~Ah... and that unpleasant Castiel is here too. Tch," Xeneus 'greeted'. Castiel glared at the demon, bht coninued to walk.

"Xeneus, can you please not bother Regnius? You know he hates that." Serika furrowed her brows.

"It's fine. He's big enough to carry me," he said while laughing. All of them continued making their way to the cafeteria.

Elise finished some of her herding of the younger students, and like many others, made her way to the dining hall. Most probably wouldn't think she was one of the angelic students, since she tended to keep her ethereal wings put away. Her heritage made it easy to pass as human, and any who knew her well knew she tended to as a matter of practicality. No reason to fly when she can walk.

She arrived shortly after a commotion outside had just died down, and not that she knew it entered close behind the pair who had been the cause. She did, however, recognize them and speak up. "Hey, Luseia, Yosuke," she calls out, raising a hand to wave to them and quickening her pace to catch up with the two third years. "I missed you guys at the opening ceremonies. Stay out of trouble over the break?"

Thalus didn't back off growling when Regnius growled back. Then the owner of the demon soothed it and it only gave a low snarl to signal its distaste. The wolf demon still growled, expect as they left a smirk grew across his muzzle. Finally, they would get lunch and this made Thalus happy even though they were going to see them again. Bruce, on the other hand, resented lunch for it was well known throughout the school how big of a apatite that wolf had. He had even heard a rumor saying that Thalus wasn't a demon at all, but rather a construct with a bottomless stomach.

Alex had observed the interaction between the parties and had formed opinions. And as they walked to the cafeteria she stuck by Bruce's side telling him what she thought about them. By the time she mentioned about the angel being drooling over X-5 Bruce smacked his forehead and released the robotic demon. It gave no response. Only lagging behind the group as if it wasn't fast at all which wasn't true. Then by the time they arrived at the entrance Thalus was inside using his infamous shadow manipulation to to steal some first year student's food when they weren't looking. The result was a good whack from Alex who then proceeded to scold the wolf demon. While the two exchanged blows over manners, Bruce simply waited for the arrival of the odd siblings with X-5.

"Hey, Sei. I know I've asked this alot, but why don't you ever let Zale out for a breather? It's not good to keep that giant pent up," Castiel asked, a small grin on his face from knowing that he'll see the robot again.

"It's because he's a giant. If I let him out, he'd cause a commotion," the younger sibling explained. It's not that she didn't want to let him out, he'd simply be too big.

"You know, thats why he's always so aggravated and angry when he comes out, Seri. I mean, I'm sure Reg and I would go crazy if we were stuck in there 24/7. Zale sure must be loyal to you if he still hasn't attacked you yet. Especially since he was your first demon," Xeneus babbled on, eventually talking about random things. At times like this, Serika was glad that Regnius didn't bother to give his own opinion.

Soon, the four reached the cafeteria. At the entrance, Castiel saw the man and the robot, in which he walked quickly over to. "Damn. Sei, you should find one like this. I'm sure it'd be able to protect you better than that disgusting excuse of a demon," he said, gesturing to Xeneus.

"Tch. At least I'm of more use to her than you are, you damn sister complex freak. What a lame excuse of a brother," Xeneus retaliated. One could tell that Serika was gradually becoming more and more annoyed by the way her furrowed brows deepened.

"Both of you, be quiet. It's impolite to argue in front of someone. Now, introduce yourselves," she ordered. Both boys gave a reluctant nod.

"Castiel L'Diesk. A fourth year from the House of Aether. Thats my sister, Serika L'Diesk, a third year from the House of Gaia."

"Yo. Xeneus here. I'm riding on Regnius. 'S a pleasure," he finished off.

Bruce chuckled at the interaction between the demon Xeneus and the angel Castiel. Then they introduced themselves and upon hearing that the two siblings were from different houses peaked his interest. " Bruce Burton, third year at House Gaia. The machine standing besides me is X-5." The robot demon responded by a metallic grunt." It doesn't talk much, but it does have hyper sensitive hearing. And over there," Bruce pointed over at the two arguing demons," are Thalus, the wolf demon wearing the party hat, and Alex, a former kitsune demon general. Don't mind what they are arguing over. Now, shall we get something to get?"

The offer that Yousuke made was something Luseia looked forward to in the future, a smirk playing at her lips,"I look forward to that Yousuke, that's a promise you can't break." Luseia said keeping that in mind,"Curry? Really? You never change..." Luseia teased. She knew how Yousuke was and his way not to change but she didn't mind, it just meant that he saw no need of changing his ways, something Luseia envy of him,"Okay, I'll get it no-" Before she could finish her sentence, their names were suddenly called out from behind. The room was bursting with commotion going on, students of all grade level and house gathered in the cafeteria and started to interact with one another but Luseia was still able to tell who the owner of the voice was,"Elise!" Luseia squealed and threw her arms around her favorite 'sister'.

It's been so long since she had seen Elise and to see her again made Luseia's heart flutter in joy, her expression and actions showing how she felt easily,"What do you mean 'stay out of trouble'? Luseia has been a good girl during the break." Luseia said, playfully pouting at how Elise was already being protective sister mode on the first day back in Horizon,"How has Lizz been? Ready to make your last year in Horizon fun?" Luseia asked already having plans ready to make Elise's last year the best without 'too much' trouble... just a bit if it goes as plan.

@St O'possum
@R-9 Pilot

Cassandra ignored Lui's question, instead opting to sit next to Monica and her demon. "Ah, yes. I wish people would have held off a ltitle longer on entering the cafeteria after the speech. I mean, most of them can simply go home. No point in following a good speech up with bad food."

Nara, however, had entered the cafeteria and crept up behind the greater demon, taking just one cheese steak for herself while he was distracted by his master. Then she fled to the hallway again, preferring to avoid his wrath as much as possible. Nara hadn't survived by being a fool and taking from demons that would squash her flat.

Despite his usual arrogance, Castiel was a typical boy at heart and found robots in general to be amazing. His grin only grew bigger at hearing its name, which sounded very robot-like. "Sure," he said in reply to Bruce. Serika, however, didn't like standing in lines and decided to just wait with her demons. Her brother was already aware of this. "And I'll get you something too, Sei."

"Huh? What about us, you damn angel? Not gonna feed us demons, who take care of your sister?" Xeneus said, glaring at the winged black haired boy.

"I'll get something for Regnius, but not for you. You can get it yourself, you freeloading brat."

"Hmph. Whatever." Xeneus knew he was right, so he hopped off of Regnius and walked beside Castiel and Bruce to get food.

Serika let out a huff as she watched them go. She then turned to the tiger and buried her face in the softness of his neck fur. Regnius nuzzled back and let out a soft, low growl, which didn't have an ounce of aggressionm but rather affection.

Monica 'Gadget' Farez, SkyBlue
Monica looked at the girl as she sat down and smiled then looked up to see a person steal a cheese steak from Z'eklaz when he was busy eating one of the last three. Her eyes went wide "Oh... no.." She mumbled before watching where the person or thing went. Z'eklaz felt the presence and new immediately that one of his cheese steaks was gone. The area around her began to take a massive static charge and Monica stood up quickly. She took the key off of her waist and raised it quickly. "Disperse!" She commanded the demon as its size began to swell. It grew in width by half a foot and height by a foot every few seconds. Its form began to phase as the Demon began to dissipate before it flipped out. The key began to glow a bright white before she held it up and out with one hand. The Demon Lord disappeared and she let out a massive sigh of relief.

"We all nearly died... He wouldn't have broken free of my bind with him but... he would have grown to how big I would let him and probably would have destroyed this building and everyone in it." She said before she sat down with the blade tip slicing into the tile floor slightly. Surprisingly for the key not looking dangerous it sliced into the tile like it was butter. She lifted it up and replaced it on her belt as she felt Z'eklaz freaking out within his chamber. "He is pissed... I would hate for him to run into the thing again.. Next time it may not be pretty... He may be weakened by 70% when I have him out but still.. he would be able to kill another demon but punching them once... He one of the strongest Demon Lords.. His skin is metal..." She said as she began to have a flash back to that day. The events that just occurred sparked it in her mind as it was similar to what had happened. She shook her head and put her arms on the table before burying her head in her arms.

Last edited:
Bruce raised an eyebrow at Castiel when a grin appeared on his face when he mentioned X-5's name. He was about to reply when Thalus came over and began tugging on Bruce once again. The demon hunter petted the wolf's head as the demon dragged him through the entrance. Once through the demon let go of Bruce and ran over to where the line was. A runt of a demon threw itself in front of him as its master got in line. Thalus growled baring his fangs at the poor demon before swatting it aside. Once again Alex was on him as they began debating over manners attracting the attention of nearby students.

"Sorry folks! Just keep eating!" Bruce apologized.

As the people went back to their business of lunch Bruce muttered a word forcing Thalus back into his necklace as punishment. He breathed a sigh of relief that none of the teachers, or even the house heads, noticed. Bruce then turned to Cel and Xeneus allowing them to go first. X-5 meanwhile went to the closest power outlit and a wire slithered out of its metal body. The wire plugged itself in as X-5 shut down to allow power to recharge it.

Castiel caught sight of Bruce's other demon, Alex, who he thought was quite a cutie. Putting on his game face, he moved over to her and began. "So you're a demon, right? And I'm an angel. And you know what they say, opposites attract," he placed his hand on her shoulder and leaned in close. Taken aback by his extremely cheesy pick up line, Xeneus began laughing obnoxiously loud. "What is it now, you useless piece of flesh? Got something to say?"

Through breaks in his laughing, Xeneus managed to say, "No.... its just... you're so..."

"So what?!"

"LAME," Xeneus said loudly before continuing to laugh uncontrollably. By now, Castiel was getting pissed to the point of where he wanted to strangle him, but held back because Serika would hate him if he did so.

Cassandra hadn't seen Nara, but she knew it was her. To say she was irritated was an understatement. She bit her lip for a moment before saying, "I think that was my demon..." Cassandra rubbed the bridge of her nose. "I swear that she's going to get me killed one of these days..." Nara, having been stealthy and careful up until now, materialized on Cassandra's shoulders. Even though Nara's feet were Cassandra's face level, Cassandra didn't notice. "This is Nara, the moronic demon that took your demon's cheese steak."

"Hi! I didn't think anyone would be able to tame Z'eklaz and be able to use him like you do!" Nara said from her perch on Cassandra's shoulders, "tell him I'll pay him back in various stolen foods soon, and that I'm dead. Most demons tend to believe that a runt like me would die at the sweep of their hand, so he'll prolly buy it. I'm dead to half the greater demons out there anyway, so it's not new."

Cassandra shifted in position to deliberately slide the lesser demon off her shoulders, and Nara nearly tumbled to the floor, hard won cheese steak and all. The demon caught herself in time to land instead upon the chair nearest to her. She even held out her arms and appeared to expect applause from the onlookers. Cassandra ignored this and waited for Monica's response.

Claire
Strange. This person had a completely different tone than most. His voice seemed harsher than most, but it seemed... Different. At the very least, he satisfied her curiosity very well. She stood up from beside him and turned to him, looking him in the eye. However she never once gave a smile. It was an odd contrast considering her kind voice. "I like you. You're fun to talk to." She unfolds her her wings and turns to leave. "I'm Claire. I will be talking to you later, as well." She took a few steps before taking to the sky.
Yosuke
Elise had been at the academy longer than anyone he could think of. From there she had the choice to join the military, however it was more than expected for any student to graduate to join the forces on earth. Yosuke had a high respect for her. "Oh hey, Elise. I can't guarantee that I won't cause trouble. I have a way of getting around... That um... That didn't... Yeah that's why I'll likely be causing trouble." Smooth as always bro. He just went back to poking at his curry.
-----------------------------------

The students relaxed for the day, until there was an announcement.
"Attention students. The first assignment will begin in two weeks time. In the mean time, you will all be training and preparing. This will be a time for any first year to understand the battlefield and how the academy works first hand. The following students will report to the briefing room to receive a mission file. These will be the squad leaders to the missions. The Squad leaders are as follows: Jonathan Luman, Liral Kings..." the list continued and named Yosuke, Castiel, Elise, and Bruce.

Alex was taken back by Cel flirting with her which didn't settle right with her. The demon was far older than him and was about to reply when the other demon began laughing. She grinned her thanks as she fell in line to grab her own meal and Bruce quickly joined her. The two didn't speak to each other knowing what they already wanted. Bruce always had a thing for Chinese while Alex could handle anything spicy, even the notorious ghost pepper. All the while Thalus had to watch as the two passed his favorite meals. In frustration, Thalus shook the orb, but there was little reaction. He sighed as he curled up and listened to the announcements. It would appear that Bruce got selected as leader of a team as well as the fool angel Cel.

"Well, looks like you'll be leading your own team of hunters." Alex smiled.

"Bout time. Last time I was leader of a mission was mid year during my second year." Bruce said as he paid the cashier for both his and Alex's food. " Let us find a place to eat." Bruce began sweeping the cafeteria for a place to sit. He spotted a table where X-5 had cleared, or scared, away the previous occupants. They headed on over to begin their delicious lunch before Bruce had to receive his mission file.

Status
Not open for further replies.