Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power surge had completely rebooted his exo suit. "Oh crap" he said suddenly falling to the ground. He met the ground with his hands. The suit was not aiding his legs. Meaning he was just a torso with arms and a head. Legs were just useless appendages. "Come on reboot you piece of junk." He said giving the touchscreen on his wrist a couple slaps. Then compressed air came out of the joints of the suit and the reboot was complete. He could move now.

@Archwar

Blake jumped up to his feet, the power surge overloaded the suit, rebooting it, Fixing the none working arm. While completely overcharging the system, more strength for Blake now. He pulled out his pistol. "Then we can take them on from there....why not use that too herd them out like sheep. Then take them on like that, rather than stay here where they have the advantage" the cyborg suggested, reloading the pistol.​

"I'm not sure what would be best," Elise added her opinion as she surveyed the battle in progress. "Maybe if we got rid of their little garden it might do something, too. But herding or luring them into a killing zone would probably work better than the way the fight's gone so far." She floated into the air, raising her sword above her head. "Everyone, on me!" she shouted, gathering light around her body to glow like a beacon. "Let's pull back and regroup, see if we can't lure these guys into a better position!" She retreated a bit further from the reservoir's shore, putting some distance between herself and their enemies.

Bruce bashed a demon that had climbed up the tree and heared what Eilse suggested."Yeah, finding solid ground would be very helpful! Too bad these things are slow! Wait." The human grinned as an idea formed in his mind."They're slow which means we can use it against them! Does anyone know where a gorge is?"

Claire

Claire heard her squad leader's command and obeyed, calling any of the people who were left to do so. "Yes ma'am. I will begin leading the demons to the kill zone." Calling upon her powers, Claire created mirages of herself all around. Each one distracting a Paelldiah, leading them to the area where they would be destroyed.

"Got it, boss man!" Donovan confirmed the order. He didn't have to like his squad leader, but his qualms were petty in the face of combat. There was a time and place for it, but during combat was neither of the two. The goblins were closing in on the small clearing he had made and he took it as his cue to ascend into the air once more. With a sudden flap of his wings, he took flight.

From the air he spotted Castiel being surrounded by numerous goblins. Cassandra had already begun to protect Castiel, but Donovan would not be shown up by her. Donovan circled the space above Castiel and provided aerial support to the squad leader. He rained a hail of bullets and lightning as they made their way towards the mines.

"We need to stop messing around with these goblins. They're not going to stop coming until we take out the Chief!" Donovan didn't want to hang around the exterior of the mines longer than they had to. If they didn't move quick, they'd be overwhelmed no matter how weak the goblins were. He felt small signs of exhaustion fall upon him. His constant spell usage was starting to drain him; he may have gotten a bit carried away with the goblin horde. Still he should be able see through the end of the mission. He couldn't be that tired.
"Well, gee. I'd do that if I could find the goblin chief, but he's kind of out of the picture at the moment, so whenever you feel like giving more useless advice, let me know!" Cassandra said from the ground. She was chopping through the hordes pretty good, but unlike the others she wasn't exactly going about it with spells. She had nothing but raw strength to give and strength could be work out easily. She could use Lui's ice armor ability, but that would mean slowing her movement speed and this was taking all her speed to get to each goblin.

"I shall personally collapse the tunnels if that is where the chief lies. However, that will take focus and time. I will need to be covered and Cassandra needs to give me her energy. This will finish the battle, I think." Lui said, moving closer to the largest cluster of students. She was still putting out fires, but that would work for now. What they needed was a strategy quick, or else the goblins would quickly overwhelm them.

Elise nodded. "All right. Time to put these guys down!" She drove the point of her sword into the soft ground, so it stood to one side of her. Concentrating once again, she summoned a barrage of lasers which arced down into the gathering demons. The fusillade tore through the assembled Paelldiahs, lasting them apart haphazardly and sowing ruin amongst their ranks. The attack left Elise drained and momentarily out of breath, but it decimated the enemy forces, leaving but a few stragglers who would recover, if given time. "That's most of them," she said confidently. "Everyone, take the opportunity to finish the rest of them off, and gather some of those weird plants, whatever they are."

She picked up her sword once again, and said, much more quietly so only those nearby could likely hear, "I don't think I'll be able to do anything else flashy this mission, so it's all up to you guys, now." Still just able to fly, Elise made her way over to one of the strange plants growing near the center of the reservoir, and slices the flowering top off one of them, carefully grabbing it and bringing it back to shore with her. "When you're done cleaning up here or grabbing any souvenirs, let's regroup and get out of here," she said, once again raising her voice to give orders to the entire mission team. The cutting she carried was already dripping strange, vile-smelling juices.

Yosuke
Luseia heard his cry, and managed to fix up his wounds for the most part, however they were not fully fixed. No matter how powerful an angels magic was, all they could do was speed up the healing process. However for the most part, the pain was gone, and he could continue fighting. They would never get to the caves by the time. They needed to pick up the pace. "Donovan! On me!" Since the two were both quick, and specialized in electricity, it was the only way the two could perform what he was about to do. "Send a bolt my way!" He listened. Yosuke put his scythe up, and on the hilt end, drew the bolt in, but sent it out again on the blade. Donovan caught on, and held out his guns. They mowed down the goblins as they ran, each on convulsing on the ground, and smelling of burnt flesh. This may not have taken care of the majority of the goblins, but it did clear a direct path to the mines.

Those putting out the fire stayed behind to keep the forest from burning. The rest followed in suit of the two at the head. It didn't take long to reach the mines. From there, Yosuke sent Ambrosia forth to take care of the goblins. She simply smiled, and raised her hand. Nothing happened for a moment, but soon a massive swarm of wasps flew in. There was silence for a moment, before a large group of goblins ran for their lives from the caves, all the while yelping in pain. "All right, there should be a large open area further in the mines. That is where the general most likely is. Lets go!" There was not much light in the cave, save a few dim lamps spread at equal intervals across the cave. It was enough however.

Yosuke was right there was a large chamber where all the mining equipment had been stored. The rest of the goblin forces were there. Behind them, on the far side of the room, a pukish-colored figure clad in red cloth stood on the far side of the chamber. He seemed frantic. His voice was the loudest thing of all. "Sh**! Oh ****! The Hell with this, I'm out of here! Just leave me the **** alone!" He ran deeper into the mines. Yosuke knew he had to catch the commander. He jumped down into the pit of goblins, running atop their heads. Their profane cries of protest rang out through the chamber. There was nothing left in the tunnel the commander had ran down. No one had moved fast enough to stop him. Yosuke eventually caught up. He grabbed the goblin by his collar. All the while the little beast kept struggling to break free. Yosuke didn't want to deal with that, and picked up a pickaxe. He jammed it into the wall, nailing the goblins shirt. Suddenly he stopped struggling.

"Don't kill me, don't kill meeee!..."

"Shut up. I don't have time for your petty pleas. I won't kill you, so long as you tell me exactly what I want to know.

"Yes! Anything!"

"You might take over a mine, just because, but judging by this pickaxe here, and all this other mining equipment that seem recently used, you have been digging for something.

"Ah... Um... Can't you just make a pact with me?...

"I'd rather have that answer."

"You ****er... Fine! I was approached by a figure that calls himself Ragnarok. I couldn't see him very well. He doesn't really reveal his face. And his voice was hushed and echoey.

"Much appreciated. Now what are you mining?"

He reached into his shirt, and pulled out a small rock. It had a few minerals in it. He handed it to Yosuke, and as soon as he touched it, he felt dizzy. It made him feel sick. It scared him quite honestly. Immediately, he shoved into his bag. The feeling dampened at least. Without another word, he turned and walked out of the tunnel, but not before tearing a piece of red cloth from the goblins shirt

"Hey! Where are you going! You said you'd let me go!"

"Excuse me? I said I wouldn't kill you. I never said I'd let you go."

"You son of a Bitch! You ****er! Get the **** back here!"

Yosuke returned to the large chamber. "Attention Demons! I have slain your general! You have no reason to stay here!" There was a cheer of joy and accomplishment from the squad, but also from the goblins, who would unfortunately be trouble makers, however they are far less dangerous without a general. The goblins routed and the fire put out, the squad returned. They noticed Squadron 15 as they arrived as well. The two leaders turned in their reports and anything they discovered, the rocks and the plants. They were free for a while. Each participant was required to head to the nurses for evaluation, but they were finally free to relax.
Krenker
"Haha! I am free! Gah! Hours pinned against that wall is not good for the spine... Well I guess i better-Gack!... Ah! R-Ragnarok! Hey there... Um, so do you have enough of those weird rocks?... You do? Good cause I lost the... You know already... Good thing you have all the rocks you need. So I guess you will hold up your side of the bargain?... Um... Ragnar-OhaAsaHOaAODAfoafoAFUUUUUUUUOHAHGRAAAAAAUGH!"
-Two Weeks Later-

The students have been in classes for a while, and since then, the entirety of class points has been received through tests. Students have gone to classes on Daemonology, Negotiation, Combat, Power Control, Tactics, and many others. Now they had free time. Many just lazed around, and a fair amount would try to best records on the obstacle courses. It was a favorite pastime of many​

Reactions: PandaChu
Monica looked around from where she stood at the entrance to the academy. She felt Z'eklaz moving throughout her body making her shiver slightly. "I don't like when you do that.. Just form around me like normal.. that tickles you bastard!" She said and punched herself in the stomach making her groan. "Ugh... why did I do that!" She yelled mad at herself. Z'eklaz suddenly burst out of her chest making her scream. Z'eklaz formed into a ten foot tall void like ghost. Monica tried punching him "You scared the shit out of me you bastard!" She continued only to hear the demon lord laugh loudly. "Wonderful... My job is done and I can pass happily now." It said sarcastically.

Now walking around the grounds she stopped at the tree she had at the first day. She looked at Z'eklaz "Well! I am hungry and I know you are ALWAYS hungry." She said before beginning to head towards the cafeteria. Z'eklaz began to grow to the height of fifteen feet as Monica let him have slightly more slack on his leash. "Don't go over board... You can stay that size until I see fit to let you grow any more... When I saw you... you were at least 70 feet high so you have a long way to go." She said before Z'eklaz was heard groaning.

@R-9 Pilot

Ayumu drew one of his cigarettes from the crumpled pack from the front pocket of his waist coat. He sat atop the school itself, way up high. Just the way he liked it. He enjoyed the solitude; quietness draped around him like it was a cloak. As he inhaled the intoxicant fumes, letting the embers at the end of the cigarette glow bright vermilion he watched. He watched the sky split open, and with it an ocean of colors too vivid to paint. Blues, purples, pinks and oranges were arranged like flowers above him. With wincing eyes, small pupils soaked as they basked in the days first light. His ears listened to the crescendo of birds squawking as they too greeted the day. It was cool out, but that didn't stop Ayumu from rolling his sleeves up despite the multitude of goosebumps as cold air met with feverish skin.

His eyes began to water as they always had around dawn. For it was around dawn when his younger brother breathed his last breath. He hadn't slept much since that day. When he did, he was plagued; haunted by nightmares of his own powerlessness. It's what made him strive, to work so hard at times he didn't seem to be the human he claimed to be. He had become something different. Not good, not evil. Not demon or angel. Something else entirely. It was why he was alone much of the time. Except for Elise, who continued to follow him. She perplexed him; how many countless times he must've wondered what she she was up to. She wasn't like him at all. Carefree like one of the birds in the trees, or a firefly late at night.

Last edited:
"I'll never figure out how you get up here without wings," a familiar female voice said from behind and above Ayumu, as Elise alighted on the roof, the luminous gossamer of her wings momentarily adding to the morning's light. "Do you ever even sleep, for that matter?" She asked, her words muffled partway through by a yawn. "I know plenty of us are up this early, but you take it to a new level." Elise sighed and shook her head, putting on her usual big sisterly act, even if she and Ayumu were in the same class and about the same age. She was up early to get some training in, herself, and happened to see a familiar figure perched atop the main building. It had been a while, so she had to fly up and give him a hard time.

The days since the mission had flowed by with the normal routine. Get up, train, go to class, hang out, and so-on. Elise's mission report left out no details, describing their enemies, he strange plants they were tending and of which the squad brought back samples, and so-on. She made sure to commend all members of the team, which wasn't unusual in her reports, but any mission in which everyone returns alive is a perfectly-executed on in her book, and unless someone is really out of line, she wasn't going to light any fires. The medical check-up after the mission always bothered her. She really didn't like the way they always made her feel there was something wrong with her body.

But that was the past. The present was on the roof, bothering an old friend.

"I'll never figure out how you get up here without wings," A warm graceful voice with a bright, full timbre that is strong but not heavy was heard.

Without turning around, he lowered the cigarette that was tucked lightly between two fingers. A slow exhale expelled visible smoke from the corners of of his mouth like he were a fearsome dragon ready to breathe flames so hot they could melt steel--his words were, as usual, very sarcastic.

"Oh, look at that. I'm hearing voices again. I really need to stop thinking about Elise--think I'm starting to crack and go crazy." He slowly careened his head to peer over one shoulder watching the vixen.

Elise was a dark haired, fair skinned beauty with one emerald green eye. She had a flamboyant appearance; gold accented stockings, impossibly blue flowers. And what exactly were those green gems anyways? She was one of the envies of the school, most certainly. And he, unlike most others, never asked about her right eye. He didn't have to, he was there when it was taken from her. He was the one to carry her back after she collapsed. From everything she went through, it was no wonder she treated underclassmen like her brethren. Her kin.

He was the same year as Elise, meaning they were equals in power. Both had fought long and hard. Both lost people that were dear to them. Maybe that was why he didn't mind it so much that she was around, despite her cheery disposition being a stark contrast to his rather somber one. Ye, they both protected their juniors and they took their duties seriously. Though she was far more sympathetic than he. His ice cold gaze pushed nearly everyone away. Everyone but a certain young one-eyed companion.

"Do you ever even sleep, for that matter?" She asked, whilst yawning--how dare she. "I know plenty of us are up this early, but you take it to a new level."

"Last time I slept was three weeks ago. So I guess the answer would be--no, no I don't. Every time I close my eyes I see his face twisted in agony, I hear his screams. I feel his heart beat fading away. Then I wake up, heaving like I'm being crushed all over again." He outstretched one of his arms, showing her the curse. Though flesh was in tact, his scars still bled like weeping tears.

He then lowered it, and resumed smoking his cigarette.

Last edited:
Two weeks since her first real mission. Two weeks. the only important thing that happened was that she trained and studied. Which wasn't unusual. She was always training and trying to get better, but this time she had a goal, a tangible thing to achieve. That was to be better than Donovan. She'd noticed him start to try and one up her on the mission, but over the weeks she grew certain of this. So she upped her game to beat an angel. She needed another demon to match his spellcasting, but she wouldn't get one until she found a good one.

And seeing that she had two demons already, she'd have to make sure they didn't rip each other's throats out while on missions. Things were already tenuous, and adding another demon could either be stabilizing or like throwing in a grenade into a fireworks factory. For now, Cassandra wanted to focus on the obstacle course. She needed to beat the record if she wanted to have any of her family not think that enrolling her in the school was pointless. She worked in the gym to try and see if she could follow the course steps and get around them.

Blake sat in his wheelchair at his dorm, he had glasses on as his face was buried in the arm of his exo suit. "Godamn, that was why the power wasn't flowing through it. The damn wire wasn't even put on right... guess someone was lazy while putting on this arm.... thanks dad" he rolled his eyes and held out his pointer finger before making a fake clicking sound with his mouth and suddenly his finger had a bright concentrated flame coming out of it, he then began to aim it at the wiring.

After sometime, and some insulating of the wiring and putting the metal case over it, things were set, and the suit's circuit was good as new. He clamped on the wrist braces, and the ankle and foot braces, making the exo connect to his body, the sensors connecting to the part in his spine.​

Elise's expression quickly turned incredulous. "Melodrama aside, there's no way you've been awake that long. Medical would make you sleep before you could manage it, and that's assuming your body even lets you. Even angels need regular sleep, you know." She paused for a moment to pace around on the roof. "Of course, if you have, I imagine you started hallucinating a couple weeks ago."

She stepped in a bit to fuss over the cursed arm. "Changing those bandages every day must get old," she finally said, deciding not to pry too deeply. "I'd think by now, if there were some way to fix it, you would've heard something from somebody." At least she didn't comment on the smoking this time around. Or, really, much else. Everyone who'd been around the academy as long as they both had certainly had his or her fair share of reasons to have nightmares. It was something of an unspoken rule not to pick too deeply at each other's emotional scars, or make much of a fuss about what one should do to deal with them.

"Anyway, you had breakfast yet? Might as well go grab something before the rush hits." Elise gestured in the vague direction of the dining hall. "I've got a few ways to get you down quick, if you don't want to take the stairs." It was as close as she'd get to suggesting she carry anyone, especially Ayumu. He...probably wouldn't approve of the mental image, much less the idea. But it was easy enough to let someone run along a wall as if it were horizontal ground, as anyone who had worked with Elise for long had already seen.

Z'eklaz suddenly stopped and Monica felt the horrible reality that the demon had found a way to cause someone as much grief as possible. Monica Groaned loudly "Fine! Whatever it is that you want to do if it will stop making me feel chills lets do it you demonic asshole!" She stated making Z'eklaz break out into a massive laugh "Oh I have taken to you very much haven't I little Monica." It stated making Monica grumble. Monica ran a hand through her hair and huffed "No you haven't I just... Like causing people... Oh! Damn you! Lets just go!" She said making Z'eklaz laugh loudly causing slight viberations in the ground around them.

Following behind Z'eklaz he led them to the training course and had them stop to see Cassandra working on the courses. "Hey, don't we hold one of the records here?" She said to Z'eklaz. Z'eklaz she could feel was about to explode from pride. "Oh, I hate you so much... Why are you proud of me?" She said to the demon lord. Z'eklaz tried not to laugh "I am proud that I am rubbing off on you more than you know... did you notice that you haven't had a mental breakdown recently... Its the sanity or.... something I don't think you were ever sane to begin with." It stated making her calm down. "Yeah, I love being kinda crazy... makes people leave you alone but its kinda lonely at time but! We have stuff to do." She said and waited for Cassandra to finish even though Z'eklaz was watching for the demon that stole his cheese steak nearly a month before.

@RainDash

Cassandra finished her lap, stopping to catch her breath and drink some water before going at the 'course' again. Too slow. Faster. Need to be five seconds faster. She sat on the nearby bench and rubbed her neck, trying to get more sweat off it. She was so close... it was frustrating that she was always so close to what she always wanted but she always fell short by some impossibly small margin that her family set. They knew better than she did, though, so she always pushed harder. Why did her family have to be all gifted at demon hunting? Why couldn't they be potters or gardeners? At least then she could have what she saw others get when they finished a year at this academy. Hugs and congratulations, and she got reprimands for actions not taken and so many 'I did this well when I was your age' s that she felt hopeless for even trying to go to the school.

Cassandra sighed and noticed Monica and Z'eklaz in the gym. They probably held records in the obstacle course. "Hey!" she said, standing up and moving over to the duo. "What are you guys doing here? I thought that you'd be in the cafeteria or in the training area. You guys gonna try to beat a record for the obstacle course? I bet you've already done it, but I like smashing records, doesn't matter whose." Cassandra stretched as she spoke, trying to loosen up and cool down from her long run. "Also, Nara's off training with Lui. Those two needed to practice after our last mission, and I hope I can get some synergy between the two going."

@R-9 Pilot

"Melodrama aside, there's no way you've been awake that long. Medical would make you sleep before you could manage it, and that's assuming your body even lets you. Even angels need regular sleep, you know." She had paused, moving about; directionless meandering.

"They tried many times..." He answered. "But I am no angel--nor am I human very much either." His hand gripped the finally polished and exquisitely crafted sword Muramasa that he held almost...protectively.

But it had a dark, bloodthirsty heritage. Ayumu wasn't like the the rest of the students. His abilities couldn't be chosen to simply be turned off at certain times like full moons early twilight. The steep consequence of having one of the highest heal factors and the highest kill score was that the scars at these times would make him relieve every agony; every broken bone, every gaping wound.

"I am something else now. I live to eradicate the demons. But every demon has its price to pay.."

Last edited:
Classes went by in a flash and soon it was free time, where you were free to do whatever you want as long as it didn't involve with any rules being violated. In the tranquility of the library, Luseia was looking around for some books, flipping pages and going through every shelf leaving none untouched. It's been two weeks since their last mission and fortunately they succeed without any deaths but some were wounded from it. During that mission, Luseia remembered how the Goblin Commander handed Yousuke a strange stone. It had an unusual appearance and when Yousuke took it, he almost faint at the touch of it. She also remembered the name that the Commander gave who she believed was the mastermind behind the reason why the goblins were mining for that strange stone,"Ragnarok..." Luseia mumbled fixing her glasses and flipping through more books.

This was why she was in the library, to find out what the stone was and who this "Ragnarok" was but no matter how many books she went through, all of them had nothing about the stone nor about Ragnarok as she gave up her search. Slouching in a chair, Luseia began to grumble and ran her fingers through her raven-black hair,"What a useless library, there's nothing here that can help." Luseia thought grimly and untied her messy bun to let her hair freely fall back down,"Ugh! Forget it, I need to cool my head down." Rubbing her head, Luseia got up from her seat and took a break from her search. Walking out of the library and into the bright sunlight, Luseia strolled around the schoolgrounds to daze off.

• Love
Reactions: Doughguy
Z'eklaz coiled around Cassandra the moment the acknowledge them both. Z'eklaz seemed to feed off the attention given to him and the audible hiss of steam releasing off the Demon Lord could be heard. "Hello.... Cassandra." It spoke suddenly. Its voice ethereal though purposefully like that. Being a Demon it loved Psychological fun. Monica face palmed at her Demon's actions "Well, we are here to just bumble around. I haven't made the modifications I want to the armor yet to train... I want to let him of the leash-" Before she could finish the sentance Z'eklaz floated around her like a snake. She squirmed "Do that again and I will kill you!" She screamed at Z'eklaz as he writhed around her.

She eventually got the demon away from her as she drew the odd looking Key. She waved it at the demon making it move away from her "I told you! Enough of that.. Jeeze...." She mumbled not caring if they caused a scene. Turning her attention back to Cassandra "Well, Now that hes back under control... We were going to go eat but decided to go for a stroll... So! Oh and yes... we have a few records here. We have the one for the most force put behind a punch and such... Easy to do when you have a Electrical, Mechanical and such and such Demon Lord." She explained before Z'eklaz returned with more courage than before. It moved along side her making Monica glare at it "You are really trying to push my buttons today aren't you?" She asked him.

Cassandra merely looked at Z'eklaz when he hissed, coiling around her. There was no expression on her face, nor fear. She watched as Monica reined in Z'eklaz, waving a key at him. It looked old, almost ancient. It was very odd. However, it wasn't surprising that she used an item to bind her demon. Cassandra did the same thing, but it seemed that the key was where the power laid. Cassandra kept it in mind for later. Sooner or later, Cassandra would bind a Greater Demon too.

"Any idea what's got Xek here in a tizzy? Maybe he wants to bother Nara for some aluminum foil and keys. After all, the maids in the house are always complaining about their lack of aluminum foil. More so lately, but that's besides the point. If you want I could probably pacify him for a few hours. I want to see if bible verses work on demons, which could be very useful in the future." Cassandra offered, trying to let her friend have some peace of mind regarding her bound greater demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.