Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monica 'Gadget' Farez, SkyBlue
Monica looked over at Cassandra as she explained herself then saw the demon and groaned "I.. Wouldn't mind having a smaller demon to be honest.. I have Z'eklaz who I cant even let out to his full potential.. yet at least.. Also, I dont know if he will accept food as a bribe. Get him metal.. he eats metal like a machine." She said before sitting up again as the announcement sounded out. She giggled "Oh, Wonderful.. all the first years will be terrified when they see Zek's true side.. Well.. Partially." She said before looking over at Cassandra "Want to go train? I think Z'eklaz needs to get some rage out and I think the training area is perfect." She said before standing.

"If you don't want to come then that is fine but that is where I am heading now. It was nice talking to you." she said before spinning the massive key around in her hand. She stopped when she sliced a chain in half on accident. "Oops.... Well, I wont fix that." She said before beginning a half run out of the cafeteria before any of the teachers stopped her. She skidded to a halt in the training grounds which were conjoined with the courtyard. She stared out at the dummies lined up and began to laugh "I may be weak physically... but I draw strength... Z'eklaz.. Atlas Form." She said and raised the key out. It began to glow a dark black as the demonic energy coursed from it and began to engulf her. To any on looker who didn't know of her combative specialty they would think something was going horrible wrong.

Monica began to giggle "It always is so ticklish!" She said before it began to harden and spark with coursing electricity. She extended her arms out fully to her side and took a deep breath and it covered her head and the rest of her body. The noise of whining Servo Motors and machinery locking into place could be heard before the noise of something activating was heard. She raised a hand to the sky to see a completely covered arm. It was black and red colored and she began to laugh "Wonderful.. Oh, so wonderful..." She mumbled to herself before pointing the fist towards the dummy. "Let us see how these upgrades will fare for us.. I let you bring more of yourself out to power these adequately." She said to Z'eklaz before the helmet like area of her suit began to dissipate and unfold around her. Her head showed and she looked out at the targets in front of her. "Lets take it slow for the first bit as we warm up." She said and Z'eklaz spoke through the armor "Yes, as you wish."

Several bulbs built into both arm gauntlets began to arc with electricity as she raised a arm and swung at the dummy. She contacted it directly and it crumbled to the ground. She then kicked it sending it into the next dummy in the row. Several more sprung up and she spun around and raised a hand to cause a long arch or electricity to shoot out like mobile Tesla coil. The dummy coursed before it burst into flames due to the static discharge on the fabric covering it. She hid behind cover before the helmet surged from the suits neck area and covered her face again. The two eye visors lit up a Electric Blue as information was displayed before it. "Alright.. Implants in the helmet are working good.. Luckily you keep the state I leave you in..." She mumbled to herself before turning her attention to the other remaining Dummies in here area. "Alright... Materialize the rifle." She told Z'eklaz. A large caliber Machine Gun began to form out of a electrical storm coursing through the suits right gauntlet. She raised the rifle and began to discharge several rounds down at the dummies farther down where the rounds would safely strike a mound of dirt. Each of the rounds discharging sent reverberations through the ground surrounding her. "Alright... All systems seem above optimal.. I would like to do several more tests before the coming assignment." She said to Z'eklaz but mostly did it to remind herself.

Last edited:
Castiel had gotten a large steak with a side of steamed potatoes, which seemed nearly impossible for a normal person to eat in one sitting, but he had a large appetite. He also ended up getting the same for Regnius. On the contrary, Serika rarely ate anything other than sweets and when she did, she only ate small portions. For his sister, he got her cake, flan, and a small side of cooked beef. It seemed like an odd combination, but Castiel knew what his sister liked. Xeneus followed after with 3 hamburgers.

Castiel gestured for the two waiting to come over to the table where Bruce and Alex were, and they did. he distributed the food accordingly, Serika and Regnius both pleased with the selection. The tiger swallowed the entire steak while Serika ate small pieces of hermeat, saving the sweets for last.

Xeneus, already having finished 2 hamburgers, tossed the last hamburger at Regnius, who ate it in mid-air.

"By the way Brothe--I mean, Castiel. I heard your name get called.Congratulations on being picked as Squad Leader," she said with a smile. Castiel, who was already half way done, smiled at her words. "Oh... and.. um.. C-Congratulations to you as well, Bruce."

Elise wrapped her arms around Luseia, almost smothering her in a hug. "Of course you have," she said, and let the other girl go. She laughed heartily at Yosuke's words, though not out of malice. "I know what you mean. You've got the strangest luck, sometimes, I swear. But I'd rather that than life be boring, if I were you. Besides, one day you'll find the right girl who can put up with you." She clapped a hand firmly on the young man's shoulder and gave him a smile.

"As for me, well, I'm going to make it fun, no matter what they've got in store for us. I've got to go out with a bang, right? I'm going to give it my all." She struck a pose, flexing what muscle she has and giving a wink with her good eye. Her expression quickly fell when her name was called in the announcement. "Ah, jeez...this early?" She sighed. "It can't be helped, I guess I'm too popular for my own good, but I'll heave to eat fast."

Elise quickly excused herself and ran off to get her own food, quickly selecting a sandwich she could eat on the go. "I'd love to stay and chat, but it seems like I'll be eating on the run today," she says to Luseia and Yosuke as she passes by them again on her way out. "I'll catch you guys again later." She hurried away to the briefing room, stuffing her faceon the way.

Bruce nodded his thanks and looked over at Alex who seemed tense. He was worried about what was bothering Alex, likely how Cel treated with her. The Kitsune wasn't the person to handle people flirting with her so well. However, the reassuring bulk of X-5 seemed to help Alex relax. She shoot a glare at Cel before putting on a convincing smile and began eating away at her Mexican meal. Bruce followed suit eating slower than usual. He also began wondering what the mission would be.

"I have noticed that Serika has mentioned the word brother followed by Cel. I have theorized that those two are either step or blood siblings." X-5 whispered to Alex in its cold, machine voice.

Alex shook her head." X-5, you might be right, but we have no right to ask."

X-5 apparently didn't listen as it spoke to Serika." You have mentioned the word brother followed by Cel. I am wonder if you are siblings of some sort."

Castiel, who saw the glare that Alex shot at him, could only smile in return. Her reaction was certainly different, but it was still cute. However, in his mind, his sister was always number one. He finished his steak and sat back for a while, deciding to hang back for a bit before heading down to the briefing room.

Caught off guard by his question, Serika choked on a piece of cake she was eating, in which Xeneus, Regnius, and Castiel all tried to help her recover. After that little commotion was over, she looked a bit flustered, yet unsure about whether or not to tell. In the end, she decided to tell, since it wouldn't matter if they did anyhow.

"Um... You see... W-We aren't blood related... his parents picked me up off the streets when I was young... they even took me in as their own. I'm sort of an... adopted child," Serika explained, her expression becoming even more dark as she mentioned being an adopted child.

"But nonetheless, she is still my precious little sister," Castiel said, stepping in to lighten her mood, which did.

"One day." Luseia mumbled under her breath so they wouldn't hear though maybe a little. Taking a bite out of her cheesecake, Luseia would watch as Elise struck a confident pose that made her almost choke on her cake trying not to laugh at how silly Elise looked,"Pfhah! Hahaha!" Luseia blurted out in laughter Luseia was about to comment on Elise's pose when the announcement went on to announce the first mission and the leaders of it, her two sempais being called,"So unfair, now you guys leave poor little me all alone."Luseia teased, pretending to sulk but it was understandable that they would be chosen since they were older and more experienced unlike Luseia who had still a lot more to learn before she was able to be a leader herself.

Watching as Elise hurried off to get herself some grub, she raced off giving her farewells while munching on her sandwich hastily,"Good luck Liz! See you later!" Luseia called back, waving goodbye before she sat down and sighed,"Well, seems you'll be leaving me too now, Yoyo. But I wonder who I'll be put with." Luseia said curious who will be her leader out of the four,"I wouldn't mind being with Elise but then again, I may be put with Castiel." Luseia said while finishing off her cake. In honesty, Luseia didn't really mind who she was put with as long as she was able to have some action. Picking up her tray, Luseia glanced at Yousuke and smiled,"See you on the battlefield, may the best win." Luseia said holding a hand out to shake. Though they were friends, they were rivals when it comes to missions - Yousuke being a human while Luseia was an angel - the two would go face to face to complete the mission, whatever it was and the one who wins, gets a point closer to a grand room full of luxuries furniture or so Luseia imagine it to be. But in the end of it all, the main goal of this school was to eliminate the demons and save Earth, their top priority.

@St O'possum
@R-9 Pilot

[spoili]I hope I am right about the goal of these missions... >.<;[/spoili]

X-5 remained silent for a moment as if it was considering something." You seem to stammer a lot." Was all the demon said.

Bruce had finished his meal and jumped into the conversation." Sorry bout that. X-5 isn't the most social, or should I say smart, demon out there. Though it does bring up an interesting point. I have never heard of any human-angel or human-demon hybrids. Only rumors about angels adopting humans and vise versa. Just now I'm meeting a very odd pair. Though, now I suppose such I'm done with my food and Alex is also about done I guess I should head on over to the briefing room to get the mission file."

Serika simply smiled before retreating to the safe feel of Regnius' fur. She would go to Castiel, but she knew he had to go. "Sei, did you want to come with?" He asked her, placing a hand on her head. She simply shrugged in return. With a sigh, Castiel said, "Well, you're free to come. If not, I'll just find you later. Bruce, I'm headed there too." Handing the trays to Xeneus, he began to walk out.

Serika climbed onto Regnius, who then began following Castiel on the way out. Not wanting to be left behind, Xeneus quickly dumped the trays and jumped on Regnius, sitting himself behind Serika. When Castiel turned around to see them all following, he let out a low chuckle. "Wow, I'm quite popular, aren't I?" is the first thing that came out of his mouth.

"Self-centered, cocky idiot," Xeneus said under his breath, gaining him a knuckle punch to his thigh by Serika.

"Aww, but I like my shiny things. Well, if that'll appease him, then metal it is then. I hope he like aluminum paper, shiny necklaces, and some kind of weird thing the humans use then complain about never finding. Gotta live on a budget you know." Nara said, smiling at the nice lady with the greater demon on a leash. It had always been her technique to smile and nod at whoever had the most power at the time. Nara's alliances were often shaky and she was never loyal to any one demon or person. Except for Cassandra, that is. Cassandra owed Nara much and Nara owed Cassandra far more than Cassandra knew. As Nara watched her master continue to eat and be quiet, she wondered if it would ever be possible for her to unlock her full potential. Perhaps not, but sooner or later she would and Nara would see how far their friendship went. Even if Cassandra wouldn't call it friendship, Nara did. Nara... cared about this human's success, which was a first.

"I have another demon too, but Lui makes your demon start to look calm and kind in comparison. She just doesn't care most of the time about anything." Cassandra said, trying to look powerful too. "And I'd love to. I mean, I'd have to study anyway, my family expects a lot out of me." Cassandra smiled and stood, starting to follow the other girl out. She was trying to hide her envy of the squad leaders, and it was an acquired talent that she'd learned well from dealing with her mother, uncle, father, and anyone who even remotely shared her blood. I should be Squad Leader. I've worked my tail off all year for this, and they maybe worked one minute. I hate them all.

Even though Monica ran, Cassandra's envy-filled walk was just enough to keep up with her. As soon as they entered the training room, however, Monica was out of sight for a moment, then as Cassandra turned the corner she saw the suit start to form and power up to start practicing. Once again for that day, Cassandra felt out of her league. She had what? A dinky little lance that took her almost a complete month to master completely, and even then it was so average it hurt. However, Cassandra wasn't about to be shown up by some fancy tech without showing what she could do without anyone backing her up.

"Nara, the lance." Cassandra said, holding out her hand. Nara pulled it from wherever she stored everything, which had always been some outside space that wasn't visible here. The orange metal felt cool and right against Cassandra's open hand. "Step back, I'm going wide."

Cassandra picked the strongest looking dummy available, then she went to work. She slammed the bottom of the staff down, moving to get back into the feel of the staff. Then, Cassandra struck. It was a quick jab that went through the dummy, then a cut upward followed by a blow from the back of the spear. Each of her movements were effortless, quick, and flowing. After five attacks, Cassandra stabbed the dummy through once more, and with a quick movement of her upper body, ripped the dummy from it's post, swinging and sending it flying into the nearest wall. Once she finished, she stretched a little, as though it was simply a warm up for her as well. It was easy stuff, but it had still exhausted her somewhat more than she'd expected.

"Not bad for a warm up on my own. Although that's not a record beating toss... it's still something," she said to Monica once she'd finished.

Bruce simply shrugged and got up to leave. X-5 and Alex walked on either side of him as if they were royal guards. When they left the cafeteria and entered the halls, Bruce summoned Thalus once more. He stretched not giving any complaints about his punishment. The wolf still had the party hat on saying that he liked it. Bruce only nodded his approval and began conversing with his demons as they made their way towards the briefing room. During their journey they passed Moria training with her great demon. They didn't stay though as Bruce was itching to get his mission file and begin planning. A short time later they arrived at the room awaiting for the mission file.

The group had taken a minor detour, deciding that they wanted to take a stroll before heading over to the briefing room. The whole time they were walking, Castiel and Xeneus constantly bickered, much to Serika's displeasure. Every time they started a verbal war, she had to stop it by yelling at them or hitting one of the two. She didn't believe that the two hated each other, however. In her opinion, they fought often because they were so similar, but didn't realize. Soon, Castiel walked into the room with a small yawn, Serika and the others waiting outside the door.

Just when Lunatic found a spot in the courtyard to sit Nemesis started doing that thing again. Her sisters watched her as Nemesis sniffed the air and her drones mimicked her movement. Lunatic sat and waited for the next event which was her dismissing it and then some demon appearing, but this time she didn't dismiss the smell in fact she chased after it. Empress was the first to halt Nemesis, her two drones turned into humanoid servants with a blade for an arm. Nemesis stopped and looked to her sister. "Can't you see I was busy?" Nemesis glared at them and immediately the group responded with a "No." Nemesis taken back raised an arm in defense and used her drones to create a huge dust cloud. When the dust cleared she was gone. "Jeez she's gone after that guy again. Z'eklaz." Empress crossed her arms and rested her face into the palm of a hand. Seraph scanned the area, until she found Nemesis bolting for a training room where a girl was practicing with some contraptions. It appeared Z'eklaz was partnered with this girl, Seraph and Empress had only just learned of Nemesis' relationship with the demon. Lunatic was the unfortunate one to bring that topic up years ago. "She truly is a warrior girl. She's currently en route to the training room. You're the master at catching us Lunatic, how do we get her without wrecking the school or facilities..." Lunatic had begun to walk off while Seraph was talking. Seraph annoyed fired a laser at him, Lunatic raised his hand consequently raising his Dynamos and deflecting the beam off into the heavens tripping up a messenger, of course none of them had knowledge of this. Empress glared at Lunatic, until she decided the best course of action in this situation. To follow him before he started living up to his name. Seraph zipped to her sister's side and walked with her. They were all heading to the training room at a steady pace.

By this time Nemesis had reached the training room. She waltzed in looking for the demon Z'eklaz, she looked to the girl that was there. She was in a giant mechanical suit. Nemesis' eyes narrowed as she kicked the girls suit as hard as possible. "Mechanical suit..." As Nemesis' eyes grew a golden hue the girl's armor began to spark. Lunatic and the others still hadn't reached her hallway.
@CrimsonHorizons

Monica 'Gadget' Farez, SkyBlue
Monica watched Cassandra move about with her lance and as if studying prey she analyzed her moves as did Z'eklaz as they moved. "You know.. Every time you move... I figure out how you fight. Its something to do with the way my mind works. I think like machine and I am a machine that wants to win." She said blatantly but then began to laugh "Well, Yes... That was interesting for a warm up.. I was just checking things honestly. I haven't started to warm up." She finished.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monica felt the kick on the side of the armor but it didn't budge an inch. Only the light resonating noise of something hitting strong metal could be heard. It was then that she felt the armor become energized and she began to laugh. The bulbs and conduits on both her gauntlets began to conduct the power pouring into the system and Z'eklaz began to laugh. The voice of the Demon Lord carried outside the armor "Oh, You do me a great service... Please... Give me more power!" It roared as Monica kept the suit from moving on its own. Monica turned towards the demon and her helmet unfolded around her head. "Well, I don't know what you were trying to accomplish. I was kicked by a demon three times your size and grabbed its leg. You wont be able to move me very easily. So, What do you want." She asked the demon. "Or do you want me to unleash Z'eklaz so he can devour you?" She said as her mood seemed to be slipping once again which was common when she was wearing the suit.

Z'eklaz was the first to act when his voice seemed to echo from every part of the suit "Oh, I remember you! You served under me... Oh, Yes.. You are Nemesis... Ahh.. I remember now." It said smuggly. The helmet around Monica's head reformed without her making it do so as if Z'eklaz was protecting her. "Did you come to die today? Or to talk?" Z'eklaz continued unsure of what the demon's intentions were. Its mind began to search for an answer as milliseconds passed and assessed in his mind the demons capabilities from when he commanded it in the past. "Ah, I remember.. You are the Technological Demon... One of three near triplets. Where are the others?" it asked.

@ShiroKiyoshi

Last edited:
Alex had settled herself against a wall keeping an eye on Bruce as he fumbled with his Arch Thrower and another on Thalus and X-5. The two demons had hovered near where the angels had gathered checking out their competition. Thalus was especially 'interested' in scoping out the females. The Kitsune let out a snort of disgust with a slight chuckle once Thalus 'observed' the wrong angel and got kicked in the face. Even despite the kick, Thalus was not discouraged as he kept at it. Eventaully, he started to become such an annoyance to the angels X-5 had to drag him away to a disgruntled Bruce who was cursing up a storm at the Thrower. Alex then bore witness to how Bruce punished the wolf by whacking him. Thalus, like most demons, handled the hit quite well, but when adding the effect of electricity it sent the demon howling. Alex bore a grin at the sight silently praising Bruce for finally showing Thalus the error of his ways.

Two Weeks Later

It was a successful first two week. All the first year Humans had received training and demons, while the Angels had received more in depth training in understanding and controlling their abilities. All had been sent down to Earth and given experience in a HEAVILY controlled environment. Now it was time for the first assignment of the year. Each student who had been approved to be on the assignment gathered around an electronic notice board, listing each of the squads and who was with which group, when they would depart, and a general mission description. Of our group of heros and heroines were all split in two squadrons: Squadron 11 and Squadron 15.

Squadron 11 was lead by Yosuke of Gaia, and Castiel of Aether. Its members consisted of Rolan(Gaia), Monica(Gaia), Cassandra, Luseia, and Donovan(Aether)

Squadron 15 was lead by Bruce of Gaia, and Elise of Aether. Its members consisted of Claire(Aether), Lunatic(Gaia), Amuyu(Gaia), Serika(Gaia), and Reiko(Gaia)

All the students were sent to the transport stations. By now many have seen these small gazebos. They were linked with magic, allowing those who enter to appear where the other link is. This allows for quick travel to the different zones. These sections were always guarded heavily, and would only allow those who had been approved beforehand enter and exit. This was a safety protocol to prevent a Demon from ever making it to Horizon with the intent to destroy.​

Reactions: PandaChu
Bruce had been looking over the mission file over and over trying to glean as much info as possible. Sadly there was little to go on. The young human had even sent Alex, X-5, and Thalus out to retrieve some possible information. They returned with nothing to show. All of this was infuriating stressing the captain of this mission for class Gaia and it was his responsibility to return the humans back home safely. Bruce remembered a similar mission where he underestimated the demons thus causing the mission to go horribly wrong. Thankfully no one was hurt, but it did seem to make the Heads reconsidered their choices.

Meanwhile, as the group began appearing X-5 took in their appearances as well as demons. They each had their own skills that would make the mission easy depending on the circumstances. It also had job which was to assist in removing any debris that might block their path. The demon also suppose it should introduce itself to them so it stepped forward.

"Hello, I am robot demon X-5 soldier of this mission's leader. How have you been doing today?" It spoke aloud as the group entered through the portal and into the bogs of Ireland.

The smell hit Thalus's nose hard making the demon dizzy. It would be hard to differentiate smells from this strong odor, but it was possible. The demon then began sniffing the air trying to see if any demons were hiding and he swore the faint scent of decay was among those smells. However, the wolf dismissed it as simply being a natural smell.

"I'll see you soon. Take care, okay? If needed, summon Zale. I trust him to protect you more than that useless brat," Castiel said to his little sister, petting her hair softly. The two were standing near the transport stations, not yet entering before getting the chance to wish each other good luck. This wasn't the first time they went on separate missions, so they were pretty used to it by now. Serika was simply smiling in return to her brother before waving him off, stepping into the station. When she went in, she immediately saw a familiar face. Bruce. She was glad that she at least knew someone on her squad, so she went over to greet him. "Um... hello Leader Bruce. It's a pleasure to work with you," she said somewhat quietly.

Meanwhile, Castiel stepped through his own portal and looked over his file for his mission. Being Squad Leader was a bit of work, but he saw it as fitting for someone like him.

Monica 'Gadget' Farez , SkyBlue
Monica sat up suddenly that morning and groaned loudly as the blinds set of an alarm opened suddenly. She shielded her eyes and groaned louder than before. "I hate morning! I hate the sun... I hate all of you!" She mumbled out before rolling sideways and out of the bed which was normal for her to wake herself up. She hit the floor hard and nearly bounced. She felt her shin hit something metal and yelled out. She stood up and almost trampled on a old set of Legos scattered on the floor. "I nearly died there.." She said in reference to the Lego pieces. "I need to clean up my room... what did I do last night.." She said in reference to her wrecked room. It was not uncommon for her to go crazy the night before and then pass out without recognition. She didn't drink but worked herself to sleep.

She went in and took a shower before stumbling out and putting her clothes on. She looked in the mirror for a second before grabbing the massive key off of her desk and putting it on her side. She burst out of the door with Z'eklaz forming in a ethereal form behind her. "I think I am just about late.." She said before she burst out of her rather large home's doors. "Alright Zek! we need to get there quick! Time to see how our speed Augments go!" She said as the demons form began to encompass her body as she ran. As she broken into a full sprint the noise of foot steps was blotted out by the noise of loud metal contacting concrete and rock on the ground.

She leapt up into the air and with the demonic powered suits strength jumped nearly ten feet into the air and clean over a opening as she missed the bridge. She landed on the other side and continued in full stride. She saw her squad leader and was the first one just as others were about to reach the gate to pass through it. she passed through it just after an angel did. She stopped on the other side and looked around. A audible noise of steam releasing was heard from the suit as the built up heat was jettisoned by vents on the back. She looked around and scanned the area. Z'eklaz began to decipher the scents in the air and began to scan the area around them. "Well... It smells horrible Z'eklaz says but I luckily do not have to smell it." Monica said to Castiel.

Rolan was awake early and had did all of his dues in the case of worst scenario for their mission today. When he gathered his wits together, he headed off to the gazebo alone ahead of the group. He didn't pay much attention to whom was squad leader, he usually worked on his own command anyway, going by what he judged analytically best for their situation. Regardless, he walked over to the Gaia leader and spoke to them. "Rolan Hartfield, reporting in." he spoke with an almost agitated tone, as if he abhorred the idea of coming there. His Gryphon was out behind him watching with piercing hawk eyes as if judging if their squad leader is worthy of it.

Bruce almost didn't hear Serika until he looked up to walk through the portal." Oh, Serika. Sorry. I have a lot on my mind right now with lack of information and having to deal with being squad leader. And please, it's just Bruce." His vision then went fuzzy as he appeared in Remus and the reek of the bogs made he pinch his nose." You know, out of all the missions I've been on I really hate coming to this place. Uhh, where are we suppose to go." Bruce rubbed his temple as he tried remembering." This way." The leader pointed in a random direction." It's a few miles up here and the people that got sent haven't reported back for a while so we should keep up our guard."

Status
Not open for further replies.