Hisakawa: NEXT (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Morning / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Female Cell Deck]

The green haired girl spoke. She rambled about how Fuka was basically badmouthing her but it would still have her circulate her advertisements. Word of mouth had been how Kuni and the others learned of Kuu. But staking a lot on reputation meant that it was all or nothing in terms of a gamble. And her own reputation had already spread so far...

Kuu turned to Laura next, who started yelling at the fortune teller. Kuni wanted to tell her off, that it was super rude to someone who Kuni had just tried put herself in debt to. There was really no reason to yell at the girl.

At first it seemed like Kuni had failed, Kuu wouldn't accept a favor from a stranger. Wait, are we really? She knows our names. The concern about Kuni dying had come up, but Kuni didn't seem fazed by it at all.

"Well, in the end, I can say that I am quite bored. So you can consider yourself fortunate already on that account. So, before I tell you anything, let me start with this: Every fortune is a derivative of what is destined to happened. An outcome that can manifest in various ways. The more succinct a fortune I give you, the more inevitable it becomes. So let me start off to say that if you do find my words as confounding as that fool's over there, let it be known it's mostly for your own good."

The chance of something being totally succinct and inevitable. Was it worth it?

"Would you risk the chance of knowing inevitability?"

"Yes."
Kuni said, without hesitation. "I'd rather know that the boulder on the hill is going to fall than sit there in ignorance under it."

Kuni would rather try everything to change nothing than sit there. Pretending she knew everything was fine when the other shoe was about to drop. She'd failed once already, what was one more time added to her karma?

"I've already said that this is what I want. I've given up a favor to a stranger, and I'm already in jail. If I die, then I'm sure that I deserve it somehow. If it's bad, then I just have to try everything, even if it doesn't work. I won't sit around ignorant! Darn it, I won't turn back on something I've set my heart on doing!"

Kuni turned to the rest of the cell. "I know it's scary. But if we back down, we are ignoring the fact that maybe there's a chance we could have something better. Better than this cell, or better than waiting to die. So, I say we do this. I won't regret it, even if it's misfortune."

@Ehb
@RedArmyShogun
@Luma
@GirlsInTheCell
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Aster, #99CCFF, solid]
Aki_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Male Cells Deck ]
It wasn't surprising no one paid him any attention and instead continued fighting, but it would have been nice if they just sat around a chalk fire pit and sang Kumbaya Aster supposed. Funny how it never occurred to him he could grab the bars like the protagonist would do in movies of the cell and start yelling 'guards!' but usually they were ignored and made the laughing stock of their cellmates so perhaps it was for the better he didn't attempt that. He was content to stand there and cover his face, hoping he'd suddenly be invisible like children believed when they did the same when he heard Takashi speak to him.

"You know, Aster-san. He isn't exactly wrong, nor precisely correct. Recall how I mentioned my motive of survival at the table?" Takashi inquired. "Lions hunt caribou, but never porcupines. The lion can quite easily kill both, but it doesn't bother with the latter because it gives it trouble."

He was surprised he bothered to considering he'd essentially left him for dead not even minutes ago but here he was giving him advice and making him feel like a terrible person. Rather than feeling sorry for himself he decided maybe he could try taking what he said to heart. After all, all he ever did was hide and hope not to be noticed and dragged into trouble when if he did something at least to help himself hopefully no one would bother him?

'That's actually really good advice!' Aster answered, the idea still in his mind, 'I'll try to keep it in mind- No, I will keep it in mind.'

What could he do? It was something he'd thought about all his life, escaping the role of a feeble victim. When he was Primary school all the way up to before he was shipped off here he used to be bullied all the time and a blind girl of all people stood up for him! Granted she was pretty scary, but he should have been able to stand up for himself. She always used to tell him, 'It's ok to be scared, but you need to be able to fight for yourself when no one else will.' but he never learned. Even now he still had people to fall back on when the going got tough but sooner or later they'll stop or get sick of it. What would happen when those very people that protect him today like Hayato decided to turn on him?

Speaking of the brunnette, he now stood between Toru and Banri as a human shield offering himself as a punching bag instead of having them fight it out. Why couldn't he be more like that? Why did he have to be like... himself? He could try to change that though. Right now. All he had to do was gallantly step next to Banri and say something like, 'Me too!'. It was so simple to imagine; he could practically picture himself doing so but...

Aster simply stood in his corner of the cell twiddling his thumbs and looking down, pretending he didn't exist. He hated himself.

@EmperorsChosen @ERode @Illin @Rithas @BoisBoisBois!
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Edeir, #FF96A0, solid]
fhdfhs_by_hatsunation-dbq993l.png

"Confusing?" Edeir laughed and said nothing more on the topic of names. He found himself flinching though when Toru interjected on their conversation to come to Ryuu's defense.

Damn it, what was with all these insignificants thinking they were obligated to be heroes? They were going to prison for crying out loud! He'd rather be in the company of likeminded criminals than self-righteous bozos. Well at least judging by the sounds of things Ryuu wasn't one of the latter. He could prove to be competent as well he could possibly be useful with what shreds of a plan Edeir was already plotting.

That thought quickly dissipated however when he observed the brunette's… demonstration against Banri. Edeir almost wanted to laugh. What a bloody edge lord.

Aster the coward seemed interested in quelling the situation with his stupid corny campfire which he was pleased to see went widely ignored. The chaos of the room was only intensifying and it carried a nice energy. How he longed to take part! A sharp argument or a bit of fisticuffs were much more preferable to diplomacy. Such a shame that nice words were the most sure fire way to gain allies.

And now Banri was fighting back. Hilarious. No, really, he honestly had to stifle his laughter. It was just so ironic!

…Also opportunistic.

His first attempt to curry favour with Shibo had failed. Now, however, he could try to win over the fatso and Banri. Maybe all he need was a different touch.

"You're right Shaun. It is fucking sick: to parade around masochism like it's a badge of honor. It's disturbing to be frank. And little Hamilton here tries to disguise this… this fetish as heroism! It's not as though Tony is any more innocent. Decent people can't just threaten people so flippantly. How can we find peace and security in society with evil just writhing about? Evil should be vanquished and that can only be achieved by banding together."

Edeir strolls in front of Banri and Shibo and looks down on Hayato and Toru from atop his tippy toes. He raises his fist to hit Hayato in the face but pauses, "Oh right. Not the face, I remember now! Let me just remedy that," and then swiftly delivers a strike toward his throat.

@Illin @ERode @Rithas @sausagepartay
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

Listening to all the Fortune teller had to say, and picking up on the exchange of names, either the this Kuu was well informed or there was some truth to her tail.. However, this deal just did not sit well with her, the outburst of the girl who was scared to be alone also did not sit well with her...

Clearing her throat to gain the other's attention, Kazuko gives her decision and choice. "I must Decline. On the one hand it is unfair I ask for something without a for sure means of payment. For what you may ask in return could be of disadvantage towards me. Also a fortune for the group is while at face value a bargain for the work of two, we are not friends. This would make them all indebted to us in turn, while I suspect we all will be classmates that does not mean they'll repay us. And I am not one to just give favors out of kindness when I do not know what will be asked in return.."

Holding up both of her arms and hands to the sky in a sort of shrug Kazuko shakes her head side to side.

"Plus if this is a major thing which shall be vague, there is a saying among Samurai in the past. "Make serious small issues and light of large ones." The small we can change, the large we cannot. While your offer interests me based on your claims I did not barter for them, I shall only go along with it if a majority decision allows it out of comradery, but be warned, if I am to owe payment to a Devil, then you all shall owe payment to a Demon."

Lowering her hands, Kazuko crosses her arms backing away from the cell bars. "Course if another wants to take my place in this bargain they may and I'll simply cover my ears. Otherwise I think this is a deal best left to the future."

With her explanation out of the way Kazuko did not agree on the deal as a matter of principle. These people to put simply were not her friends, maybe in the future, but for now they were barely a step above strangers, and she would not blindly go out on a limb for such.

@girls cell @Ehb

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Female Cells Deck ]

Fuka just kept on grinning. An incessant smile. A smile that never relented even as she was continually bashed by the green-haired shorty in the other cell. Suddenly though, something in her expression changed as the girl mentioned her mother. The smile remained, but the rest of her face had morphed from a lighthearted silliness to something far more malicious.

Crossing her arms, Fuka remained silent with an almost palpable aura of dark intention. After Kazuko had finished confirming her offer, Fuka strode up to Bubblegum's side near the bars, turning toward her general direction, but not directly at her.

"I will explain inevitability so a Bubblegum can understand: 'It doesn't matter.' Nothing changes if you know, and nothing can go better from knowing. The boulder kills you either way." Fuka had a sweet, lecturing tone to her voice, almost like a mother instructing a child, but it still sounded like flaming rage was bottled up inside.

Glaring at Kuuyari with that malicious smile, she addressed her with a sweet, passive-aggressive tone, "And that must be so nice for you to know, right Chibiminto? That even if all your mumbo-jumbo wasn't just the wishful thinking that we all know it is, your greatest talent would be one-hundred-percent useless towards making anything better. Isn't that wonderful? I'd be ecstatic~!" Fuka gave Kuuyari a wide grin.

"Oh, I can just see it now. Chibiminto, gazing straight into the future to watch as her friend's life drains out all over the floor. And she knows that no matter what she tries to do, it's impossible to save her dear friend. A tragic story of hopeless futility." Fuka clasped her hands together in mock pity. "To think that could happen every time you tried to tell a fortune. Your dedication to your craft is incredible~!"

Finally, Fuka's eyes narrowed and her voice dropped to a more somber tone, "But let me be very clear, Chibi-chan: I don't know where you're getting your information from, but if you dare bring up my mother again, I swear I will make you the best friend I've ever had."

It sounded like something straight out of a comedy routine, but for the first time since she'd stepped foot on the boat, Fuka appeared to be dead serious.

Through the confusion, she continued to elaborate in a way that made even less sense, "Nothing but a spiraling melancholy of hollow pleasures and amusements. I love a good nemesis. I applaud a well-worded quip at my supposed lack of sanity. I even admire your extortion of Bubblegum here. But there are some lines that aren't meant to be crossed, and you're dancing on a big one."

@Ehb
@Karyra
@the_others[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

"Ah, so two favors dropped to one. How unfortunate."

While Kuni seemed up to the deal, Kazuko's side fell through. She gave her reasoning as something simple: she owed nothing to the people around her, and they shouldn't be inherently have to owe anything to the people who offered the favors as payment.

"I can't blame that reasoning at all. But, at that rate, I don't particularly like the idea of being bargained down, though.
"

"So.. the deal falls through then..."
Ai set out a sigh of relief.

"Well, I don't suppose anyone wanted to take up owing me a favor to make up for the formal one dropping out, then?"

"Thought so."

This was stupid.
If anything, this entire charade was just meant to kill time until something else happened.
Not AI, nor anyone else was interested.

It seemed like it was going to end there.
But then, Fuka whom had taken her place by Kuni, spoke out to the fortune teller.

She was most definitely...
Not pleased with what Kuuyari had said to her.

"Behold I am one of Feeble mind. But, should you dare stir the beast, you will know no mercy."
Kuuyari imitated Fuka's voice in an unflattering way.

"You are quite full of yourself, aren't you?"

Kuuyari continued.

"You are correct in one aspect though. Seeing the future in it's full clarity, by principle, means that the future seen cannot be altered. If you asked me how you died with complete clarity, then the place, method, actors, and all minute details would be followed to a tee. The future that I see accounts for all possibilities. Even ones where you are told exactly what would happen. So yes, my talent won't allow me to save anyone..."

"But, who cares? Were you under the impression that I felt anything from you stating something so obvious?"

"All of us are merely flesh and bone driven on self preservation and self interest. When the fate of every person is laid out before you, life becomes much less mystical or valuable as mass media or morals would want for you to believe."

"Thinking that you can read a book and change it's ending to what you desire, is an entirely self serving and impossible sort of endeavor. So what if mummy is gone? Life goes on. The future cares not for what happens to some insignificant individual. It just continues. When you're put in the place of the reader you can only hope that character will provide enough entertainment until they break."

"Fuka. I'd be half way amused if you were actually insane. But when did I ever say that you were truly insane? All I see is a fool who can't even act the part of being insane. Your insanity, if that's what you want to call it, makes for a terrible excuse of a performance... It's not even laughably bad. Rather, a brazen outward display of your own deep seated vanity, perhaps."

Nanashi's fingers curled.
She called out to Kuu.

"I've heaard enough of that. I'll do it. I want to hear the fortune you have now."

"Ah... Nanashi?"

"Oh, Nanashi is what you're going by, now?"

"Kuu, please give us a fortune. If Kazuko dosen't want to give any payment, then I'll do it. If giving us a fortune could silence you for just a moment, then I'd be happy to owe you a favor."

Behind a closed mouth, Nanashi gritted their teeth.

Kuuyari, for what she was worth.
Really was a monster.

"Nanashi... the fortune teller said that your name-"

"Just ignore that. Ai."

"It's true really. Just like I know the name of the fool, I know the name of this so-called Nanashi person. Heh. Calling yourself 'no-name' even. Was that supposed amuse me as well? Though I can't blame you for that either. Information is the most valuable thing anyone could ever have, after all."

Wearing a struggling smile, Nanashi responded.

"You're right. Nanashi is just a fake name. My real name is supposed be 'Cotton Candy,' apparently."

"Absolutely foolish."

What seemed like Nanashi's half attempt at a joke threw the direction of the situation into a limbo. But only for a moment.

"But if I may add, I'd like to add one condition. Since it's only myself and Kuni making a payment, I'd like to ask everyone else to plug their ears. After all, like Kazuko had said. You people don't need to owe me anything, and I don't owe anything to any of you."

Just like a good criminal.
Complete self interest.

Nanashi took up a spot beside Kuni, up against the bars. She spoke into Bubblegum's ears,

"Kuni. Let's keep what she says to ourselves. I won't forgive you if you just go back and tell everyone. Okay?"

But it was just as Kuuyari had said.
Information was king. Not something given out as charity.

What did the others have to say?

@Karyra
@Luma
@_GrillsPlugUrEars
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

Rinne listened on to the next few conversations, she noted that 'Cordial' mentioned Fuka. She suspected that it might be her actual name. Rinne then shifts her attention from the food-titling girl to the one that were said to be a Fortune Teller from the cells across. She wasn't really buying into the whole Fortune Telling thing, she crossed her arms and just listened to what the green haired girl said. It didn't took long until someone accuses the 'Fortune Teller' of bullshitting.

It was none other than the oddball herself. Accusing the 'Fortune Teller' doing false practice and then predicted a storm would come. Rinne raised her eyebrows curiously on what the girl said. 'You some kind of idiot? I wouldn't buy that, that's just some wild guess!' Rinne complained in her thoughts. Kuu responded the oddball in mentioning something related to her mother, Rinne would notice the change in the oddball's expression. Laura was next to declare the nonsense in fortune telling. Saying it's just a scam. Rinne covered her face, she couldn't believe that there IS someone that is even more stupid than her in dealing with such rumor. She shook her head and continue watching the whole exchange. Deciding to keep her opinion to herself for now.

Kuni and Kazuko then offered some favor as payment for a fortune, considering everyone didn't have anything right now on their trip to the Prison, save for their current clothes and ID number. Kuu then seems to accept as she was 'bored' or something along the lines of it. But her explanation in her fortune was... Quite disturbing to Rinne, it sounded like if a fortune is very detailed, then it will happen no matter what. Next, if one to betray Kuu... She'd put a curse until she sees it corrected. And lastly, based on Kuni and Kazuko's offer on favor. She'd tell a fortune to everyone... That is... If they won't mind knowing the inevitable.

Rinne would hear various response, Ai voicing about reconsidering the whole fortune thing. Kuni not backing down on it. Kazuko declining the offer, acknowledging her words, it would seem silly to put a debt on someone you don't know. Rinne would want to take her place but there were doubts swirling in her mind.

The silence and the fact that there was no one offering to take Kazuko's place seems to made the deal falls out... However, Fuka confronted Kuu once again, clearly offended in what Kuu said before. Berating her talent as to being useless. Rinne continued to listen, but of course, her expression turned to some kind of dislike. To each of the two for them being full of themselves. She would come up and tell both of them to shut up if Nanashi didn't step up and take Kazuko's place. But then Kuu would point out that Nanashi is not her actual name.

When Nanashi adds a condition for the others to plug their ears. Rinne steps forward. "Y'know what? I don't trust people keeping informations related to me to themselves." Rinne said, uncrossing her arms and grip a bar with her hand. "Especially that ya two could possibly use it to blackmail me or something and the sort." She looked at both Kuni, and Nanashi. "No offense but I don't know you two a lot to trust you, but..." She turned to Kuu once again. "I offer my favor to you, just to cancel Nanashi's... Or whatever her real name is condition on myself." She said, of course the way she said it would probably offend Nanashi but it was not her intention to do so. She only wanted to know what was inevitable to her, and she wouldn't want anyone to know about it before her.

@Ehb
@Karyra
@Luma
@Othergrills

[/fieldbox]

( Posted upon request, Sky's connection with iwaku is being a bit shit :/ )

[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]

Laura_Ico.jpg

October 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Female Cells Deck

There was quite some anger in the air as Laura continued to listen between the exchange. Fuka, rather than herself, took quite the beating as she was, quite literally, being called out. It only took a Fool to truly believe that someone like her, Kuni and to an extent even Rinne were what they tried to be. Of course the white-hair was no exception.

As the decision to get a Fortune told or not shifted back and forth it ultimately seemed to become a "best of both worlds"-kind of thing. Those that didn't want to hear it were to close their ears, simple as that.

Upon this realization a myriad of thoughts went through Laura's head. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. Had she always be this damn curious? Thinking about a future of knowing that she didn't know this ominous something had her dying of curiosity right now, right here.

But… the Fortune Telling girl was a hoax anyways, no? So why did the white-hair care so much? Maybe she had a run-in with Fuka? That, at least, would explain their exchange. Or maybe it was as the weeb said and Kuu was simply a rather influential information broker? Though considering the position they were in that seemed unlikely, too.

In the end Laura gave it a sigh before she, for now, decided to treat the possibility of 'Kuuyari was capable of seeing/telling the future.' a fact. It was silly, truly, but seeing it like that for the time being would help the blue-eye to proceed.

Though, maybe, ultimately, Laura was just as much of a girly girl as Kuni and secretly liked the exciting thought of having one's fortune told? Nonsense.

"I accept." Laura finally spoke up in a firm, nearly cold, but soft voice. She wasn't all too keen on getting called out by Kuu about her stupid play in the first place. "How does this sound: I assume you can, indeed, see the Future." Thoughtful of her own words Laura stared directly into Kuu's eyes.

"Based on that you should, one way or another, know everything about me, no? Good. Then you're aware even if I say I believe you, I don't. Just as you should be aware I am willing to let myself get convinced. So, how about it? Let's make a deal. If I deem, whatever this fortune of yours might entail, as more than just some superficial hogwash I, in turn, will honour my end of the contract. And it goes without saying that the favor I owe should, at most, be of equal value. I won't trade my gold bar for a dime." Laura went silent. Really, if Kuu was what she claimed to be no more words needed to be said, no? But…

"Since my end of the bargain is yet to be determined I just want to put emphasis on the one thing I would never do, even if it meant breaking the contract: Harming my family in any manner."

[/fieldbox]

4twUFPS.jpg

How interesting, several of them were now jumping in with offers of there own, insults, or even attempting to block the others from knowing. Were they all just mad? Well the Fuka girl was mad for sure now, one way or the other. Either way this one was not to be trusted... or to be put in her place.. Either way this back and forth was not helping matters, as well as the split in opinion and payment.

"Well, we should reach a common consensus.. In such a case I do not mind helping, but I am not so sure this will be all that useful. And one of our number will want nothing at all to do with this. Either way a choice is needed and fast. The Guard shall not terry for long with his duties. This would all be much more simple if we sat a level for the payment that can be demanded in the least and at the most."

Sighing a bit, she knew the Nanashi name was bullshit from the start, but with how they all were acting. "We must decide here and now if we are to trust one another for who and what we are here, or if we are to remain at one another's throats. Nanashi, or whomever you might be, information concerning us all for yourself will only invite your destruction. All the same we all are scum, it matters not to what level, the people threw us away and should we pick up on old habits the guards will not take long to correct us."

Overall they weren't getting anywhere fast and unless they wanted to have a free-for-all to decide the pecking order some form of agreement would need to be struck, or they could just leave it be for another time. After all if this was some information that could not be changed, then it was of little value.. Voicing that thought she chuckles a little.

"They say knowledge is power. But I have yet to see a man run a country for knowing the Sun will always Rise in the East."

[/fieldbox]

@Ehb @other girls

Last edited:
Reactions: Luma
[fieldbox= Toru, #addba7, solid]

Toru_Ico.jpg

Thump.

Thump.

Inhale.

Pain was expected. Pain was always expected. He always wondered why one was so scared of pain. Was it not a useful indictator of a mistake? Or in some cases, an success.

He had put up no resistance. Like he had said, violence was never the answer. But he supposed some had to vent their frustrations on his lesson. To reject his teaching. Always resistance.

The songs of wraith. It was almost deafening, it flooded the cell. Seeped into people. A sweet tune to some.

Was his heart thumping with delight or was it just the pain?

He let out a small groan, no matter what. Getting kicked in the chest still fucking hurt.

The floor was nice. Cold and refreshing. Possibly littered with a future generation, but Toru wondered if it would be okay to just lay here. It was a experience oft overlooked for such digusting things such as beds. People were strange like that.

Hayato was protecting him, or offering his body to him. It was to hard to understand which one it was. Perhaps both. As Toru looked up, he saw the array bruises on the canvas that was Hayato's body. It was interesting, but it was hardly the time to gaze upon the quirks of another's body.

Edeir cotinued on with his own opinion of something that certainly mattered but Toru was too disposed with standing up.

"Right." He paused, "That was useful." He seem ready to shrug off the previous transgressions against him. He had a choice on the next actions to take. But Shido wasn't realy going to do anything. He had threatened about six people in this cell and had so far done jack squat. Doing anything would just be out of character for him.

The guards don't care about violence. Good to know. Toru wondered what this told about the place they were heading to.

He clasped his hands together.

"No limits then." He laid his back against the cell wall. "Please, continue on. I musn't prevent people from expressing themselves so vividly to others."

@Bois[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

After hearing Toru's approval, Hayato beamed.

"Superb! Well the-"

But he cut himself off as he saw Edeir get close to him and raise a fist.

"Ehh-"

Hayato cut himself off once more as Edeir corrected himself.

"Yes yes, pleas-"

Then a fist rushed towards his throat. And at the same time, Hayato rotated his body so that his shoulder bore the blow instead of his throat.

"Oof!"

Hayato moved a step back just as the fist landed and frowned at Edeir.

"Etto... Young man, I may be mistaken but did you just try to aim for my throat? I asked everyone not to aim for my face because well, the guards might raise a fuss about it. And it's also possible to die from an unlucky blow to the head. That is why I asked to aim for the parts that would be hidden by my clothing. A hit to the throat can be fatal, and I'm sure you would not want to get in further trouble by manslaughter. So please, aim for the parts hidden by my clothing-oh. Well, not the gonads either if you would so please, as a strike there could also cause death. I suppose if you're gentle enough and insist it could be possible. My, this may be the first time I've had to explain this in such detail! Yesterday's gentlemen seemed to understand without my explaining so! I wonder why it's different this time..."

Hayato then beamed at Edeir.

"Well, I hope I was clear. If there is anything I haven't explained well, please feel free to ask... Oh!"

Hayato held one hand out and tapped the palm of it with his other fist.

"Now I remember! Who is Shaun, Hamilton, and Tony? I couldn't help but overhear while I was looking at Toru-san. Would you please explain?"[/fieldbox]

@Hatsunation @ SYOB

[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

Nanashi looked at the others who spoke up, but ended up on Kazuko. Speaking to her, Nanashi's voice hinted a small bit of scorn.

"Don't lecture me. Just a second ago didn't you mention that you didn't want yourself or us to be in debt to each other? The people paying for the fortune being able to keep that information to themselves was only fair, wasn't it? Based on what you said."

Visibly a little frustrated, Nanashi relented.

"...I'm Sorry, Forget I said that."

She said, catching herself. She turned away from Kazuko.

It was obvious that the others had caught in on it. The fortune teller had been working their magic the entire time. There was just enough belief that she might be right, that the others felt like they'd be unfairly disadvantaged if left out. What Nanashi wanted from that information... she was disgusted to think of that original intention. After seeing the teeter totter of everyone's opinion in here.

"Oh? At first everyone was so skeptical that I was tugging at their legs with my services. But now you're having doubts? How amusing."

If there was any winner out of this, it seemed like it was Kuu. Who had front seat to the drama and discord going on just across the hall.

"My offer for a fortune remains unchanged. I tell a fortune that applies to all of you in exchange for a favor from two different people in your cell. I won't be so distasteful as to greedily start hauling all of you in just because you offered. Still, because I'm only taking two, I'll reserve the right to pick who I want to have a debt owed to me."

Kuuyari pointed forward, to the two people she wanted.

"The answer's pretty simple though. No-name and the so called Bubblegum. They look like they have the most valid credentials in making payment, as opposed the back-and-fourthers."

"But, too bad for you No-name. Considering what's just happened, I doubt everyone else in your cell will willingly shut off whatever it is I have to give for a fortune. Just didn't work out, it seems."

Kuuyari was wrong.
There was a way to keep them from hearing anything....
But.

Nanashi let her shoulders sink in resignation.

"I'm okay then."
"If everyone else was willing to go that far to help, then I don't mind. I only said that since Kazuko seemed so skeptical about it. But I wanted to hear it regardless. I feel the same way as Kuni. If there's really something bad that'll happen to us, then I at least want to know of it. Even if it is practically impossible to avoid."

"So you can keep yourself in the safest position possible?"

Nanashi shook her head.

"No. I want to know the fortune because I want to stop it."

"Fighting against fate then? My, so we too have a great sense of vanity?"

Nanashi breathed out.

"Lets cut it out already, Kuu. We already met before. You said, 'my heart was worth saving'. Right? Because of what you saw me do before."

"Then let me show you. Give us the worst prediction you can see! I'll show you that I can overturn it!"

"So you'd risk bashing your head against a brick wall?"

"You bet! I'm so stubborn, I'll break right through it."

Kuuyari laughed. Her cackling echoed across the entire hallway. For a moment, even the guards on duty and half drunk paused for a moment before dismissing it as the wind.

"Well said No-name! I expect to be verily entertained by the spectacle!"

"But, after saying all those heroic things, one must wonder if you really have everyone's interest in mind, like you're implying. Would you still feel that way, given the fortune I'm about to tell you?"

Finally, Kuuyari said it.
Plainly, she gave the fortune"

"One of you in that cell is a traitor. That betrayal is due to occur before midnight. The level of inevitability, is Very High."

Nanashi and the others were collectively hushed. A pause reverberated thought the cell as they took in what Kuu had said. But just as suddenly. Nanashi snapped back.

"You... You're just messing with us now!?"

Kuuyari, with a calmed expression, shook her head.

"No. That's what I saw. I purposefully withheld the further details for your benefit. So that you may be able to change the outcome, as you said."

Ai cupped her hands nervously. "So.. one of you in here...?"

She shuddered at the thought... of one of her saviors being a traitor. It couldn't be one of them... yes!

She simply had to speak her mind.

"It's Fuka then, right?"
"The traitor would have to be Fuka then!"

Though her explression was troubled, it was also determined, Ai broke her seclusive bubble and spoke out.

"She acts like she's insane, and all she's done since we've met her is mess with us. She was mean to the people in the cafeteria too, and... she doesn't even talk like normal! She's the one person in here who isn't someone who tried to help back there. So that mean's she's probably the one then!"

"Ai..."

"I know it's no polite for me to say that to someone we just met. But it's because... there's no way I'd want to think that any of the rest of you came to help me just to betray me after..."

Nanashi turned to face Ai.

"...I could be the traitor, for all you know."

"You? Nana...shi..."

Ai realized what Nanashi was saying just as she tried to utter her 'false' name. Kuuyari had already revealed, and 'Nanashi' herself had revealed that her name was fake. But still, Ai didn't want to belive that the first person who came to help her would be the most likley candidate to be a traitor.

"Let's not try to get all that excited yet. But, you better listen to me, Kuu! If it turns out you were messing with us, you'll pay!"

Kuuyari smiled back politely.

"Honesty is what my business is all about! Rest assured. Ai isn't all that in the wrong to be panicking over such a fortune."

Ignoring Kuuyari's quips, she looked back to the other girls in the cell. Some of them still silent after hearing Kuu's words. Nanashi simply smiled, understandingly, and spoke to them all.

"So much for a fortune, huh?"

@RedArmyShogun
@Karyra
@_Grillsincellgeneral

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka pressed her finger into her cheek in thought as the mysterious girl across the hall continued her verbal assault. Finally she told the fortune, prompting an eruption of accusation from Snowball. Fuka simply turned to her and smiled with an innocent little wave 'hello' that mocked the accusation before returning her attention to Kuu.

"What a jaded and cruel person this Chibiminto really is. Insulting loved ones, turning others against each other, et cetera." Fuka grinned. "I think we'll get along great, you and I. The feeble-minded fool, and the delusional instigator. What a dynamic duo~! I look forward to being great friends." There was something hateful in the way she completed her last sentence, which really came as no surprise.

Turning her back to Kuu, those in the same cell who were closer to the bars could easily make out several tears slowly traveling down Fuka's cheeks. She promptly wiped them away with the back of her hands, covering it up as an eye-rub. After a few seconds, she strode up to Snowball and stared down at her, arms crossed.

"Number one: despite what everyone keeps assuming, I don't answer to 'insane,' I answer to 'memelord.' Number two: you're in a prison; there are traitors here. Numbers three and four are questionable, but the fifth is profit."

Gazing back up to 'Nanashi,' Fuka bit her lower lip in thought, before supposedly reaching a conclusion of some sort, "I really do have everyones' long-term interests at heart, even if you can't understand my methods. And since everyone's so quick to believe any delusion that'll make me look bad, I'll give you the solution."

Fuka stepped back and slowly extended her fist towards Nanashi. "Funny enough, this problem is called the Prisoners' Dilemma. Eheh, ironic." Fuka continued to explain, "We've been arrested for supposed involvement in a crime. Both of us are guilty, but they only suspect one of us. If we both stay silent, both of us serve for a year. However, if only one of us confesses the other to be guilty, then the traitor goes free and the silent one serves 10 years. If we both betray each other, we both serve much longer than if we'd both kept silent."

"On three, a thumbs-up will be staying silent, but a thumbs-down... that would make someone a traitor." At this, she smirked as she started her countdown.

"One... two... three."

Fuka's thumb pointed down to the floor.

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

[ October 1st, Midday / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Mess Hall ]

Stormy eyes stared at the half-naked boy that presented himself as a substitute, all black and purple and green, complemented by a creamy canvas and an optimism that made no sense at all. The corner of Banri's mouth twitched downwards, a frown crossing his expression before dissipating into that hard line once more. The flames still burned, beat after beat after beat, Toru wheezing, still not standing. A third, a third, no. No third. Beside him, Shibo remained wavering, pent-up violence that somehow refused to be released despite the presence of oh so many targets. His gaze shifted over to the pot-bellied boy, wondering what he was even in here for, if it wasn't some form of violence.

And now, there came the predator, sharp-eyed heterochromia that was so different from Asuta. A blond youth reeking of politics and privilege, smooth words that were the same as Toru's. Evil should be vanquished and that can only be achieved by banding together. The same fucking words. The same fucking message. A snarl almost creeped up his mouth as the 'fair' prince launched a fist towards Hayashit. Just wolves drowning in sadism and masochism, trying to gathering power with 'majority's rule'. When tossed into this cesspool of juvenile delinquents, he had expected law breakers and outcasts, not smiling assholes that would fit perfectly in ordinary society.

"Don't," Banri spat, "ever try to involve me in your transparent fucking schemes, you odd-eyed man-slut. I don't care how fucking smart you think you are, how cool you think can be, punching someone just because they asked for it, how you'd like to group up like a bunch of pussy-footed chinks to crush anyone you dislike, because I have no intention ever of joining someone who's inflated ego is only matched by their inflated, empty balls. Christ, 'block' options were built for obnoxious shitstains like you."

A clap drew his attention back to Toru, up and leaning against the cell wall. Up again. Did he want to go? No, just like Hayashit, just passive once words were met with nothing. A waste then.

"Looks like you and the prince would get along wonderfully," the seasick, peoplesick boy said, "How bout the two of you shack up and form a circlejerk and leave me out of this fucking lynch mob? Do some embroidery on your KKK costumes too, eh? Cause next time you start trying to recruiting me for your group of fuckface gangbangers, I'm not going to wait for you to crawl back up, Toru."

With those words, Banri turned, plopping beside Asuta. At least this kid knew how to shut the fuck up, even if he had a loose mouth too.

These were the words that will end him one day.

These were the words that had saved him one day.

@Hatsunation @Rithas @maiboishibo @otherbois
[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Luma
[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

Rinne was surprised to hear that Kuu foresaw a traitor within her group. Though she wouldn't point her finger to anyone. Ai would then point to Fuka who seemed insane enough to do such feat. 'The hell? That would be too easy! Even if Fuka is way more likely than the rest of us... No that would be too easy!' Rinne thought to herself as she eyes over Ai in surprise.

Nanashi would reassure that she might be a traitor as well. But then Fuka voiced another sarcastic words towards Kuu, the tone sounded hateful which Rinne understood well. Rinne would notice some tears travelling down Fuka's cheek but she knew she shouldn't mention it right now.

Rinne wasn't really in the mood on sniffing out the traitor and she would just head to the back of the cell and just stay there plugging her ears... If it weren't for Fuuka suggesting a solution.

Rinne watches with slight disinterest. She knew of Prisoners' Dilemma scenario. But to use it right now? That seems silly. She would then watches over until the end of the countdown.

Looking at Fuka pointing her thumb down, Rinne quickly smacks Fuka's head from behind. "Ye some kind of idiot!? Did you have some screws loose? Obviously that green haired troll says that to mess us up! You didn't have to make it even worse!" Rinne lashes out her anger at Fuka before turning around to the other girls.

"And that goes to all of ya here in this cell! We know we have a traitor between us, if she were to be trusted..." Rinne turns to Kuu for a while before turning her attention back to the girls in her cell.

"But so what? Do you really have to start the witch hunt now!? How about ya'll just shut up and get some rest. No more mention of this possible traitor!" She said, completely ignoring Nanashi's decision.

@Ehb
@Luma
@Ya'llneedtoshutupaboutthetraitor

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

4twUFPS.jpg

Narrowing her eyes at the mention of Traitor, Kazuko chuckles a bit for reasons of her own. "The Sun does indeed rise in the East."

Watching the exchanges playout, that Ai girl was much too quick to jump on the gun. And the information exchange was useless, there were many ways that could have been taken. Then there was the other issue in the room, whoever she really was. "I am saying I am against a payment for us all when we are not together... Either way was that really worth knowing? Either way should we be worried about this? All of us were convicted by the courts, all of us were sent here. I cannot speak for the rest of you but I have not engaged in any crimes while aboard this ship. So just what will one of us turn on the others for to the Authorities? And just what would be traitorous, for all we know it might be stealing food or a blanket. If it is from a prior crime then what concern is it?"

"What exactly is a traitor in here and for what cause?" To her the question of why was far more important than the fact it may or may not be so. None of them had really been apart from one another in the day prior, and the only thing they did of ire was helping Ai. If that were the case then could it be a matter of the guards getting one of them to rat the others out? The logic of it just did not sit well with her.

"Well it's rather all simple, we stay awake or sleep in shifts. Either way just what do we have to be taken from us at this point? We should remain calm and think on this situation and just what it means. Also if one now with that warning being issued plot us harm then they are truly the fool."

Saying her peace, Kazuko didn't know what more they could do... Though she was sure it would not end so quietly or peacefully...

@Ehb @other gals.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

Well... that turned out to be rather... disappointing? Though then again would it had made more sense if Kuuyari gave something way more out of proportion? Like their ride being raided by pirates. That was, a possibility, too. Though realistically way more unlikely than having a traitor, whatever the definition of such an act may be, amongst a group of criminals. In the end, however, it was a 'Free Fortune' and Laura had no ground to complain about that.

Laura gave a small sigh. The fortune's were supposed to happen, wasn't it? A inevitable future that happened no matter what. Thus, the more vague the better? Of course the white-hair still did not believe the fortune telling girl but her words nonetheless stirred her natural distrust she had against anyone but her own kin.

Staying awake until midnight wasn't all too hard as opposed to being awake through the entire night, no? Setting herself down onto a corner again the white-hair eyed over everybody else. She still seemed, fortunately, out of the grand scheme of things.

Given that Kuu wanted Nana and Kuni as the one to pay there was a high chance those two were in the clean, even if Kuni acted suspicious nonetheless. That left Rinne, Kazuko, Fuka, Ai and herself, didn't it?

While it seemed absurd to count herself the blue-eye couldn't deny the possibility, assuming that Kuuyari's fortune was bound to happen, of backstabbing the others if it provided profitable. Unlikely, but possible.

Regardless of that, however, Fuka did indeed seem like the prime suspect. Her behavior was just... unordinary. But it seemed awfully easy to put the blame on that, didn't it? She was awfully fond of taking on that role as well though she probably just really loved messing around. Maybe she'd do something crazy just for the sake of spiting the green-hair.

Outside of that, however, there was also another possibility. Shifting the blame was something quite common for her, after all. Though, of course, Rinne's hero act could make her out to be the worst just as well. Maybe the blue-hair was right and Kuu really just wanted to mess with them.

If not however, it was inevitable, according to her, no? So no matter the amount of thinking Laura did it would only end up in a headache.

About to give it a rest there was just one last outcry she did. "Ai-...chan! Is it?" She said in a childish, lecturing tone. With a smile on her face that was subtly challenging the rescued damsel. "You shouldn't blame others randomly like that! Even if it makes sense, there is no proof! It would only distract from the real villain!" With that said, however, Laura fell silent again. As long as she wasn't tired there was no need to have idle chatter for the sake of staying awake.

@Ehb
@Others
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Ryuu, #e34234, solid]
Ryuu_Ico.jpg

This...
This chaos is what I have been waiting for!
You stay there and suck on your thumb, Ryuu, cos you can do nothing!

So what do we have here? Aha! A classic kick to the gut from Banri, as expected of a delinquent trash!
Is it unrefined and rough? Yes. The move is retardedly telegraphic and very easy to read. Two times even.
Is it effective? Very much so. A well placed kick to one's belly can make one double over for a short while, with a stinging sensation of wanting to pee and vomit at the same time.
It's pretty much the kick that defined delinquents. Raw, bold, and utterly stupid.
Toru however, seemed to be fine from that attack, standing up with groans and pretty much looking okay. This can only mean his abs have been well trained or Banri boy just sucks.
Well, you can only expect that much from an amateur.
This Banri boy certainly don't have the potential to back up his cutting edge puberty talk, but still, he delievered precisely what I wanted to see, raw violence.

And now what? A fist to the throat from the blond boy! This one is quite a treat!
Silent and quick, but still rough and dirty, still retains that killing intent, reminds me of the old Ryuu.
Nowadays you would have just tear those windpipes off with a smile huh, you bastard.
That milisecond difference in killing intent gave Hayato ample time to react and block that throat attack.
A pity indeed, but I see potential in this one! Given enough time, this Edeir boy might grow into a fine entertainment material.

Woo! Exciting!

Now that I'm satisfied, it seems that you're wasting your time in this cell, Ryuu. Your plans are ruined now!
So much for building connections and friendship, all of you are going to be forever alone now!
And you sacrificed your good night sleep for this, let that sink in!
What would you do now? Join in the chaos? You're too much of a pussy to do that!

..... Let's see, so you're approaching Toru? Heh, with that concerned look on your face?

"Are you alright, mister Toru? That kick must have hurt a lot"

You fucking liar, that kick was third rate at best and you know it.

"I was surprised when you suddenly yelled. Let us find a good time to talk with mister Banri and the rest, I think the atmosphere here made you giddy and nervous. I'm sure mister Banri is just a tad bit of a tsundere and didn't really mean what he said"

What, that's it? And now Hayato?

"Now I remember! Who is Shaun, Hamilton, and Tony? I couldn't help but overhear while I was looking at Toru-san. Would you please explain?"

"Mister Hayato, our friend here, mister Edeir, seems to have difficulty in pronouncing our names. I think it has to do with his foreign tongue. I suggest we find a time to teach him Japanese, it will do good in fostering our friendship"

Fucking ridiculous. You trying to deescalate the situation with your smile? Ain't that..........

"Speaking about fostering friendship, how about a session of cards then? A lighthearted round of old maid perhaps? Big two? Poker? How about a simple..... blackjack?"

Dude, what the fuck. did the jailer give you that deck of playing cards?

"Since we have no currency to bet with, how about our stories, like what mister Aster had proposed before. That would spice up this game. Go bust or under, and you have to tell us your story. Of course, not your whole past, bits and pieces of your history would be fine. A lie is fine too, consider it an ice breaker of sorts"

Dude, Ryuu, stop it. Stop shuffling and cutting cards with one hand while smiling, that's going to make people even more nervous.

"How about mister Aster and mister Banri over there? Would you like to join us?"

What, you take pity on Aster now? Oh come on.

"The winner can get away with so much information without spilling any of theirs, perhaps he can even tell our lies! Wouldn't that be interesting? Of course we should play silently on the corner, else non-players can overhear us. You also cannot opt out from the game until one round has finished. In case of draws, banker would win"

Oh man, you spread out the cards already. You always have that glint in your eyes whenever we play cards.

"How about we take turns as banker to be fair? Since bankers effectively tells no stories for a round. Would mister Shibo here do the honor to be the first one?"

Okay, I know you're trying to mingle with everyone, but this sounds stupid as.....

".......... Alright, I'm fucking bored anyway..... And I'm fucking good at telling liars! Make sure you shitheads entertain me with good stories or else...!"

..... what? Pretty sure this is going to bite you later, Ryuu.

"........ Well, well... Look at this baby... 19!"

See? He even showed us his cards, cocky bankers tend to do this.

"Be careful not to get bust now! Heh heh heh...!"

Dude this is an all or nothing situation isn't it? What are the chances of people getting 20 and 21?

"Marvelous! I would start the game first since I was the one to suggest it!

You know where this is going folks, roll to win, edit your post afterwards.

#wekaijinowbitches

@Rithas
@Illin
@Hatsunation
@DurkPut
@ERode
@blackjackbros

"A bust, huh? Oh well, I would tell you a little bit of myself then, let's start with something small for starters, shall we?"

You're shit at luck based games, Ryuu, you know it, unless you pull off a sleight of hand and cheat your way, which is impossible to do since the card has already been dealt.

"As you can see, I dislike chaos and violence. People often told me to cling on to my morals, to make sure that I always do the right thing, to help those in need. They believe the more you are exposed to the rotten underworld, the more you should stick to your principles"

Oh goddammit, not this shit again..... Next, you're going to put your sad face and smile. Quit it with your shitty story, these people are small fries, they're not cut from your kind of cloth.

"And you know, they are right. It is very hard to maintain your humanity when you are surrounded by blood every single day. One small step and the darkness will consume you whole. That's why I believe we should look after each other, to cherish what's left that makes us humans"

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Takashi, #4d4dff, solid]

Takeshi_Ico.jpg

With a smile in response to Aster, it seemed the boy took his words to heart. Now to see if he could actually act on it and, as expected, he didn't. Many instances were recorded where Humans did not act as they should have. Even if they thought of the "correct" response, their body disagreed and they acted opposing to it. Aster was another prime case. The boy obviously saw the logic in the fox-eyed convict's words, however still he sat idly even when he wanted to make a stand. Then again, one might call Takashi a coward as well as he opted for inaction as will, though his own motivations were larger than mere timidity.

"How amusing for one in here to speak of evil. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black," Takashi pointed out at Edeir's statement. The boy carried himself with arrogance, or so it seemed. Likely he thought of himself as some sort of schemer, but oh how wrong he was. This "prince" lacked the tact for such a role. Hell, he wasn't even a prince. Nobility carried themselves with some level of grace, after all. They were not so easily dragged into the activities of belligerence. "Talk big all you want, but you're all quite lucky. It's not exactly an accomplishment to beat an opponent who doesn't fight back."

There was a reason to not pick fights so easily. Nobody knew who anyone was, nor what they did. One could be a common delinquent like Shibo probably was. Perhaps someone in here got caught with pirating too much porn off the internet. However, what of the chance that someone here was a killer? Takashi wasn't going to paint a target on his back so soon, least not from someone who could end up killing him. Apparently he was the only one here thinking of that. Still, the few thugs in the cell were indeed lucky with who they shared a room with. To think such beacons of pacifism would be here...

Regardless, the situation began to resolve itself with only a few strikes and a card game was proposed. It was an interesting concept, play with your secrets on the line. Though, it made Takashi question Ryuu's intentions. Was he truly looking for an ice-breaker or was he fishing for information to get ahead?

"Well, that is certainly an interesting gambit, but I've recently come to be aware of my mediocre luck. I'll keep my secrets for now." Then again, it wasn't so much his luck that brought him here but the lack of foresight of others. Still, he wouldn't so easily give out free information. There was no guarantee the words of others could be taken as truth either.

@Alltehboiz[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Toru, #addba7, solid]

Toru_Ico.jpg

Banri's spiel was certainly something, but it only left Toru with a confused frown.

He uttered a 'thanks' for Ryuu checking up on him. When Ryuu offered the opinion that Banri didn't mean it. Toru only smiled, "It's good for everyone to be honest to eachother. Less gripes fester into something worse."

Toru put his closed hands to head as if praying, once again. "But I'll clear the air with him now." His eyes met Banri.

"Recruiting? That's silly. I just wanted to test something. Sorry about the whole agressive act, I'm really not use to acting like that. I think I may have gone a little overboard."
Toru lifted a finger. "But if you think I wanted you for something, then, er, no. You would be terrible in a group! Not that I want a 'group' as you put it, aside from perhaps friends. You're overly agressive to even people who haven't even lifted a finger against you nor insulted you. I mean, I get how I could have caused a reaction from you. Again, sorry. But..." Toru sighed. "You're just kind of a..." Toru moved his hands around as if searching for a correct way to put it.

"Not...nice person?"

"But that's just first impressions, eh? Often quite different then the ending opinion of a person, I think." He grinned. "Right?"

As Toru had finished, Ryuu brought up the topic of blackjack. And something about using tidbits of infomation about themselves as the chips.

"I...I'll have to pass on that." Toru announced, looking suspiciously at the cards. "And I must have to condone the whole idea of gambling. Given where...where we're heading. It seems quite dangerous to introduce this at all."

@ERode @Love @Alltheboistho[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Aster, #99CCFF, solid]
Aki_Ico.jpg

Everything happened so fast, yet every moment dragged on like an eternity as if some divine being wanted him to watch what unfolded as punishment for not interfering. All Aster could think was if he had stepped up Edeir wouldn't have tried to kill Hayato. If he had tried to talk to Toru and Banri and maybe get them to reach some sort of mutual understanding he wouldn't feel so torn between the closest thing he had to friends(even if Toru terrified him now) at the moment. As nice as those things would have been he still knew in the cowardly, yet logical part of him all that would have happened if he would have got beat up by Edeir and somehow someway Banri and Toru would hate him. Perhaps that last bit wasn't the most logical thing in the world but he never considered himself a lucky person so for everything to go badly wasn't too much of a stretch. For all he knew the best outcome was for him to do nothing. There wasn't really a point in kicking himself over what could have been since there was no way of seeing the other outcomes but regardless, it was something that would bother him for a good while like most similar situations.

Now that the encounter was over there was suddenly a bunch of things he wanted to do or rather felt like he should. He should ask Banri if he was ok, considering he decided to stand next to him. Same with Hayato, since he got hit by Edeir. Speaking of him, at least his concerns were laid to rest. He had struck him a bit odd when they were both speaking to Ryuu but Banri seemed to sniff out his intentions rather quickly. Still, if Aster knew anything about intellectuals it was that something like that was only a minor inconvenience. He was sure he would immediately go into trying to fix the situation, however he would. He was curious to see what sort of damage control he would undertake and what he would decide is irreparable. Right now it seemed like most relationships he could have had were unfixable and if Aster knew anything, people like that, people like his mother, could get very nasty put into a corner like that. He have to keep an eye on Edeir.

Before Aster could even shake himself out his thoughts he heard Ryuu suggest they played a game. A game of bargaining secrets. He knew he was bad at luck based games but he did want to try getting to know everyone so it didn't seem like a bad idea. Hopefully other people would be spilling their secrets and not just him.

'Yeah, I'm game!' Aster replied cheerfully, taking a step forward. He looked back at Banri with a reassuring grin, hoping he'd join in the game too. Maybe in the process he could learn something about him too.

'I hope it's not just the two of us playing or then we'd be better off playing twenty questions!' Aster joked.

@Love @ERode @BlackJackBois

'I don't know what I expected,' Aster thought aloud as he looked at the cards in his hand. He really had the worst luck imaginable. There was no point wallowing over it though, he'd promised to tell a secret. No it was just a matter of which one...

'The reason why I'm here is because I stole a bunch of manga,'
Aster lied, rather badly, 'My ex-girlfriend really liked this one series and the final installment was coming out so I broke into as many bookstores, anime good stores, ect. as I could in one night and stole them so she could never find out how it ended.'

It was a really bad lie and he was a terrible liar but he didn't think it'd hurt to mess around a bit. He already had a truth to tell whenever someone inevitably called him out.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.