Hisakawa: NEXT (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

[October 1st, Late Evening / Boys' Lifeboat ]

After Hayato was rescued, he coughed up water and continued to cough until no more water came out. But, after that, while sitting at the back of the boat, he had turned his body away from the others. He had one hand clutching his chest and the other at his throat, unblinking and not even shuddering at the cold like he was before. His breaths were quick and deep and his nails dug into his skin, causing rivulets of blood to drip from the punctures.

F̗̼̳̼͉̀ͯṷ͉̪͓̐͋n̪͙̳̋̿̑̇͐́̀.̷͕̅͂̽ͥ̋́͠ ̛̗̥̱̼̰̥̪͑ͯ͘ͅB̼͉͈͔̯̟̏̈́ͨ͊̏̂̋ͅr̗̟̩̓̄͂ͦ̍̂͜͠ó̷͙̝̼͛̃̌̒ͥ̓͗̚t͓͖͛͒̐ͬ̔͐̉́h̤̖͐̚e̛̮͖̤͖̞̬͐̑̂̐̊̒́͝ͅr͆͒̒ͣ͊͑ͬ̏ͧ͏̺̩̬̗ ̳̤̫̤̺̳̪̄̀́a̦͇̮͐͑ͯͣͬ͆̊ͦ͒̕͝n̞͍͖̦̔ͩ͗́͂͑ḋ͙͈̲̝̹͔̓̈̚̕ ̶͙̯͓̱̭ͥͧ͞I͚ͯ.͎̪̘̩̺͚͎̑̓͛͋̀̀ ͚͎͖̭̦̭̙̭̆̌͞P̢̡̌͌ͤͪ̆͏̼̤̺̠̦̲ͅl̷͕͕̱̗͖̍͐̈ͅạ̛͛̂̋ͫ̅̋ͭͨy̼͎͗̈̂͂͛̅̓ͮ͘͘͜i̴̯̥͚̬̿ͦͣ͆̇͜n͙͙̖̘ͤͦ̆ͩ́̎g̯̝̖̓.̰͖̹͙̌ͩ͒̓͡ ͩ̅̽̎̚͏̼̹̮͍̥̰͕̲H̼̄̄̓ͮͥͤ͐ę̪̪͇̦͇̋̊̆ͬ̄̽ͨͤ͢
̺̱̭͇͙̐́̆̋̄ͣ
̷̩̭͙͂̆͒̽͆ͯͯ͒Ǎ̛̫̥̦̱̦̜̙͎ͤ̿ḧ̖͔͙́̚͘,̹͙͚̒̌ͧ̑̓̃ͩ́̀̚͝͠ ͙͍̂̾́ţ̣͓̗̣̘̻̅̈ͯ͌h̸͍̳̟̯̑̄̈̏ͯ͂͑e̷̯̥ͧͩ̽͐͗ͨ̔ͨ̀̚ ̧̢̥͖̙̳̲̺̓̉ͬͨͭ̚r̶̘̞͖͇̲̈̏̓̒͗̈ͤ̓ĭ͖̬͔̞̪͕̻̟̈́ͮͬ̄ͪ̋̀v̧̊ͪ̊̓̃͑͏̣͇͕̞̜ͅN̵̯͎̠̲̮̰̣̹̋͗̿̔o͕̯̘̖͚ͧͦ̿ͣ͆ͧ̒͟͡
̶̗̩͉̠̹̬̟̜ͧ͐͌ͤ̓̅ͪ̕
̉ͪͯͪ͋ͣ̎ͭ̔̈́̋̅̏̑̋͏̨̝̫̖̰͓̤͘͘͜ņ̷̛̦̦̟̲̻̬̠̟̤͓̭̘͉͉͍͑ͫ̈́̊͑ͫ͋ͯͦ̂̈ͦ̑̈́̌ͩ͘͞o̵͉̘͙̩̱̰̦͙̞ͣ̿̊̂ͦn̢ͪ̓ͦͩ͐͒̊̇ͦ̐̋̾̾̎͂̔̕͢҉̘͖̞̟̞̩̙̼̘̮̘̲̬̖̣̯̖o̧̔̍̂͂ͦ͏̲̠̜̲̱͖̱͉̺͉̩͕̤̭̰ͅn̶̓ͩ͛̀̏͐҉͓̳͖̪͍͉̼ơ̢͆ͣ̍̐̇ͩͬ̎̇ͩ̀͑̌̔͗ͫ̌̚͏̭̭̟̰͔n̵̨ͯͧ̅̃̈͆ͦ̒̅̍ͫ͗ͯ͛̃̊̚͝҉͈͎̻̺̺͕̩̰̻̲͎̭̥̞̬̥̤͉͓o̴̧̫̜̥͕̭͉̲͋̋̍ͧͥ̽̀͜ͅn̜̳̠͕͔̠͎̫͈͔͇̓͊̂̅͊͗ͨͩͨ̓̀̑ͫ̒ͧ̀͝õͥ͂̉ͮ̍ͫ͑͌ͧͣ͐͂̂̂͊̓҉̵̰̻̝͎̫̘̩̙̞̩̗͖̫̙̞̗̣͘͞ͅͅṉ̸̳̼͚͔͇̖̲̗̞̜̿ͭ̈̄ͯ̓̾ͥ̑̐ͩ̏͊̔͗͗̀͟͟ơ̸͔̙̖̞͉͍̯͈͈̟͓̬̤̦̥͔̔̓̅ͥ̉̀͑͐̇̑͢͠͡n̸̷̨͙̠̜̝͍͔̻̻͎̅̔ͯͨ̔ͣ̊͐̊̿̌̽̈́͌̾͑̚͘o̒͋ͧ͂͑̃͒͆̌̐̔̈ͬ̏̐̏̚͝͏̧̼͈͓̞̪̦͔̞͙̥̦̗͈͕͝n̷̓̂̏̈ͬ͋̓̇͒͋ͭ̈́҉̭͉̣̝̗̟̬̱͇͖̠͖̥̯͘ͅn̵͙̘͉͈͉̭ͪ͒̄̈́̍̌̍́ȯ̴̆̌ͨ̃̇̌͑̓͒̿̎̓̓̇̓́̐̕͠͏̴̣̭̞͓͕n̢̺̖͚͉̖͓̦͎̲̱̣͍̪̰͚̤̭̔͑ͥ̈́̀͂ͫ̿̾͒ͤͩ͛̎̀̚ǫ̷̡̰̣̟͌͆̏͆ͣ̅̐ͮͯ̑̇ͤͦ̿̐̚͘͟n̷̛̳̣͇͍̤̫̼̬̱̟͎͎ͣͣ̓ͬͭ̌̏ͯ́͡ͅo̡͈̻̙͉̭͐̍̔ͤ̊͘n̞̯̭̙̝̼͕̓̋̀̅ͧ̍͠͝o̴̮̤̪̪̦̬̝̫̻͇̖ͨ̂̔͂̂ͬͩͯ̄̀ͩ̎́͟͞ͅn̸͍̬̠̣̣̪̠̤̗̹̊͒ͦ̔̈ͤ̎ͭͮ͊͊̽̿̋͂́͘͜ơ̴͈͕̙̜̣̹̫̰͇͍̳̬̞̩̤̳̖ͬ̒́͗͂͠͞͡n̴̸͚̠̙̠̩̥̦̗̮͎͍͈̄̄͑̈́͒̑ͯ̈́̒͒ͧͧ̾̓̎̃̓́́̚͜o̴̮̘̘̝̹̜͖̯̹͙̭̹͑̑̊̅̆ͣͭ̔͆ͥ͌́ͤ͘͢͞ͅñͩ̔̈́̎͆̒ͨ̐̐̒̿͜͡͏͏͎̬̘͇̻͎̭̦̰̤̖̺̀o͔̳͕̘͙̼͖̘̼̭̿̅̉ͥ̃͒ͭ͂͒̾̈́̏͡ͅṅ̡͍͈̦͈̗̜̪̦̟̦ͤ̾̌͛̉́̾ͯ̚͟ͅo̴̟̟̲̯̝͚̖̿ͧ̈̄͊͛͛ͥ̃̑͋̏̑̍
̥̪̭̺͔̜͖̗̂ͩͨ͂́͂ͣͫ͊͊͠͠͝...shut up
shutup

NO MORE!

ENOUGH!

His breathing returned to a natural state, and he mumbled.

"Ryojiryojiryojiryojiryoji..."

He turned around to see the rest of his shipmates.

"Oh no, Aster-kun! How completely rude of me to not thank you for saving me in that predicament! It seems my body moved before my mind remembered I couldn't swim! I sincerely apologize!"

He did a 90 degree bow towards Aster.

'You don't need to thank me; I'm not a-' Aster began before cutting himself off.

'Here,'he took his jacket back from Ai, holding it defensively from Toru for a brief moment before giving it to Hayato,

'You look kinda cold. I mean, I'm not sure what good this'll do if you're soaked but you know; maybe it'll help you chill out. Wait, actually I think that's the last thing you'd want to do…'
-their intentions that they want you to suffer? Didn't you just open the door for a second chance for that person to do something again?"

"Ah, I appreciate the offer, but I must refuse; I wouldn't want to get your nice jacket all wet! We should be close to the island, so if I just endure a little bit more I think I will be fine! Thank you very much though."
"-ould benefit to deal with the wouldbe murderer while we're in the water, no?"

Aster looked worriedly at Hayato, as if debating if he should exert his will onto him and force him to wear the jacket or not before giving him a small grin,

'Alright your call then. I just don't want you turning into Mr. Freeze on me.'
"-enty of shit happened. People tried to start up a lynch mob early and got pissy when it got nowhere. Guess that's what happens when rich bois don't get what they want."

He withdrew his hand holding the jacket and putting one of his arms through the sleeves, but not the other. The white haired boy started making an awkward attempt at whistling before scooting closer to Hayato, opening his jacket and putting part of it around him.

'I just jumped into the ocean for you, possibly shark infested now that I think about it, I don't want to die and turn into a white walker on us!' Aster exclaimed before giving a lopsided smile, 'Besides, I've had this jacket for a long time so I'm pretty sure I ruined it years ago. The thing is barely holding itself together.'

Hayato blinked several times and looked nonplussed, but returned Aster's smile with one of his own.

"White walker...?"

"-ill not either. We'll need to deal with things ourselves from here on out; no one to come and save us."

Hayato shook his head and quickly continued.

"If you insist. I am grateful. But would it be fine if I stand up for a moment? I wish to express my gratitude towards the rest of those present here."

Aster waved his hands quickly as he stammered out,

'I, uh- Yeah! Sure! I mean-'

He promptly shut his mouth and sat there in silence, suddenly more interested in the water in the bottom of the boat as it splashed around in rhythm with the sea. Hayato on the other hand, gave Aster a smile and blinked several times.

"Oh it seems like there has been happenings around us. I do want to ask what happened, but that may be rude..."
"-anking instead??"

Hayato stood up then looked at every other person on the boat before doing a 90 degree bow.

"Truly, I cannot apologize enough for the inconvenience I've caused you all! Please ask me of anything you require, and I will try to fulfill it! I am in your debt."

Then, he looked at Ryuu.

"And I apologize to you as well! Because of my stupidity, you had to pick up my slack! Please, allow me to row the boat in your stead as I was doing before so you can return to your nap!"

Once more he did a deep bow towards Ryuu. As he got up from his bow he looked at Edeir and had a sympathetic look on his face, but didn't say more as he walked next to Ryuu.[/fieldbox]

@Boysoverflowers @Ehb

[fieldbox= Edeir, #FF96A0, solid]
fhdfhs_by_hatsunation-dbq993l.png

[ October 1st, Late Evening / Boy's Lifeboat]

He really hadn't thought his plan through. Or maybe his plan just seemed like a better idea when he thought everyone else would be swimming with the fishes. Instead all Edeir got was cold salt water soak and a burning feeling of embarrassment to contrast it as everyone else remained in their seats.

Then, much to his surprise, Hayato jumped overboard to save him. Not that it did much good as it seemed it he was only drowning himself in the process.

Well, one down, right?

….

Between coughing up mouthfuls of seawater and trying not to think about whatever sea creatures from the deep could suddenly appear to devour him, he found himself hoisted back aboard the boat and dumped onto the floor. He shivered violently from the cold air, trying to use what wits he'd hadn't lost to shock to think. Think, think, think. How the hell could he think? He could hear bloody gunshots for cripes sake! A soggy mess. A complete idiot. He'd love nothing more than to stay curled up in a puddle at the floor of the boat and pretend he couldn't hear the present conversation taking place.

It didn't matter to Edeir what they wanted to with him. In their shoes, he would suggest the same violent things as Toru.

What did bother him however…

"Guess that's what happens when rich bois don't get what they want."

"Probably the spoiled type, not used to not getting his way, lashes out when he doesn't."

"I do agree with mister Takashi that mister Edeir here was being childish."

He knew he was on thin ice, but to insult him personally was something his ego would not let stand. He mustered himself into an upright position, directing his strength into his voice to defend the one thing that really mattered to him.

"To call me a spoiled child! Why I-" He stopped.

Edeir had never been one for speechlessness but he found himself swiftly afflicted as he tried to process what he thought he'd just heard. Not Hayato's long apologies, but before that.

"..... or would you prefer spanking instead??"

He felt his face grow hot. To say something so lewd so confidently and so shamelessly! The only thing he could think to say was, "Pervert!" Edeir would have given Ryuu's shoulder a smack too had he not been on the other end of the boat.

Still though, everyone thought him childish. Ryuu had even said that his attempt at justifiable homicide was a mere 'cute temper tantrum.' He wanted to defend himself; say, "Was not!" but that would just be childish, wouldn't it?

Edeir placed his hands in his lap and looked down at nothing in particular. He knocked his knuckles into the side of his head. "...a stupid, petty child… want to think you're smart... see that but you! ...mummy and daddy were never… what a stupid shit you are…not worth the effort it took to drag you out… pick apart what you think you are…. nothing!"

His body was trembling. In a sudden surge of frustration, his tightened his fist and hit himself more forcefully. At the moment, Edeir wanted nothing more than to get to the damn island already and get away from everyone. He was sick of putting on a show. If the water hadn't ruined his slip, he'd love nothing more than to curl up with one of his books and forget today had ever happened.

@Love @BoysOnABoat

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Evening / Girls' Lifeboat ]

Fuka nodded towards Kazuko, seemingly accepting the request of using her actual name. "Don't worry, Vanilla, it'll show up." Fuka flashed Laura a reassuring grin while the others continued to speak.

"Laura... chan," Fuka repeated the Bubblegum, emphasizing the 'L' sound as if she was boasting about her ability to make it. She tilted her head at Vanilla as she sat down nearby to help row. "That's weird, I thought your name was Forta. Well, that's why you'll always be Vanilla to me I guess. Names, names, names." Gently shaking her head, she paused a moment to rest her arms.

Fuka more or less ignored Kuni's question and specifically answered the one before it, "If you think about it, it's obvious why the IDs have been swapped. It's elementary, my dear Bubblegum twins," she appeared to address both Kazuko and Kuni in an English-Japanese hybrid sentence. "Then again, if I spoiled the mystery, you wouldn't get the satisfaction of solving it for yourself."

Shaking her hands out, Fuka finally continued to row forward, "Honestly... Bubblegum, you want us all working together?" She turned towards the approaching shoreline. "If this were a normal place, I'd turn you down in a second. But, this island feels different from the other places they've locked me in. Who knows."

@RedArmyShogun
@Skyswimsky
@Karyra
@other_grils[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Evening / Girls' Lifeboat ]

Not letting herself get intimidated by Kazuko, as she already had a fair share of interacting with scary people, Laura kept her own voice rather chill. "You seem to misunderstand. I'll want you to realize that I have no reason to trust you. Of course that doesn't mean you, or anyone else, is guilty of having taken my ID. It is simply a possibility that may exist. I'm very well aware of the fact we're all just school-girls BUT I'm not forgetting we are in the eyes of the masses criminals." She paused for a moment, of course Laura thought herself to be different. Everybody did. She was different different though! For sure!

"You're just as much human scum as me. Some here don't seem to get it into their thick skulls." Laura now looked specifically at Kuni. "But we're having to do with kidnappers, rapists, murderers, thieves and much worse!" Her gaze now wandered onto Fuka.

"Or repeated offenders." While that may have been aggressive and Laura had the same mixed-feelings for Fuka that she had for Kuni, she added to hopefully diffuse the situation before the girl would flip. "You have the entire spectrum of an ice-cream booth! Vanilla to Strawberry!" And finally, she looked back to Kazuko. "I wouldn't trust such people with anything. Would you? I don't expect anyone to trust me, but I'm not condemning them for that." With that out of the way, she simply only added now. "As for our belongings. It is worthless all the same. Maybe it's simply about having more."

With that said and done, Laura could already see masses of people on the shore.

@Karyra
@Luma
@RedArmyShogun
@Others[/fieldbox]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]

Forta_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Evening / Hisakawa institution, Landing Beach ]

In hearing what the boys had to say of this Edeir fellow there was on unmistakable, clear fact that rang true in almost all of their responses.

They didn't seem to get along all that well.

And they downright had no semblance of respect for him after all that he'd done thus far. A couple of them already were open to the idea of an appropriate punishment for the one who'd been so out of line towards the others. 'Edeir' the di-chromatic blonde boy, only gave token complaints to the words being passed around. But they were ultimately dejected over this whole sequence of events that had not been turning out well for them,.

It wasn't a very good first impression at all coming to a place where they were to spend confined at for more than a year or two.

But, any talk of punishment was derailed as Hayato stood to apologize and thank everyone.

Nanashi could only look on worriedly as he did so. Despite the kind words and gratitude, the entire time, Nanashi's face had: What's wrong with you? plastered onto her expression as she observed him talking to the other boys.

"Cmon guys, it would be bad if we fall behind the other boats. Let's go already..."

Ai urged them to go on.

"They might try aiming for us if we're slow... So, let's go already!"

Though it looked like other prison guards at first, it turned out the staff on the beach were none other than other students. Plainly wearing their own grab-bag-like assortment of school uniforms. Students on the beach helped pull in the lifeboats onto the shore. Allowing for the students from the prison ship to disembark from them.

For the first time, their feet finally hit land. It was a sandy beach that left their school loafers helplessly mired in sand, but at least they were away from the sharks.

"We heard the shots from the boat. We're glad the rest of you made it here. Anyway. form up on the beach, everyone. If the apathy from the guards hasn't sunk in yet let me tell you know, it's pretty much the same here too."

"The guards pretty much expect you to figure out how to get to the school on your own as well. But, that's where we come in and help. Beleive it or not, most students historically die between getting off the boats and finding their way to the school, so please just follow along with us here so we can keep casualties to a minimum."

The boys and girls on all the boats heard a similar sort of thing. It seemed like this place was trying to kill you at every turn. Complete law of the jungle.

"Ah. Maybe they're part of the student government here."
Ai wondered aloud. "I guess, if the guards really are as apathetic as they were on the boat, it would be up to the students to handle things on their own."

"Inmates is what we technically all are. But, if there was one thing worth believing, it's that we pretty much have to stick together in order to survive."

"Anyway, you guys have your prisoner ID slips ready? The first couple of numbers dictate which cell block you belong in, so we'll soon organize you guys to get you all off this beach. I'd advise you remember those first couple of numbers well, as you'll get your slips taken soon. Even if you managed to navigate the forest around the institution, the institution itself is arguably more complex. That's why we're here to help."

As the students got off the boat and prepared themselves... the student guide smirked after eyeing out the still soggy set of boys glistening in the moonlight somewhat.

"Also, it looks like a couple of you guys took a dip. You do realize the waters are infested with sharks yeah?"

@_Boys in general

"Nanashi? What's wrong."

Nanashi whom had been feeling around her clothes, appeared to be in distress. She held her ID slip and looked at it worriedly.

"This isn't my ID. It's Laura's."

"What?" How...?"

"But, why would you have that?"

"I don't know... but, I can't find my own. I know I had my own with my name on it before lunch... But if I have her ID then... that means she's probably realizing it's gone."

"She would immediately think I stole it if I walked over to her and showed it to her. But moreover, I don't have mine."

Ultimately, Nanashi didn't have a choice. She had to go back to the girls about it. Putting the paper back into her pocket, she bid the boys farewell. Giving them a small bow of thanks for the safe(?) trip.

Nanashi, along with AI, approached the girls from their cell. In the process of loading off of the boat. There was a bit of an air of tension among them. Just like with the boys on the lifeboat they were on. But this time, some of it was directed at them.

"Hey. Um... did any of you lose an ID slip?" Nanashi asked, "I seem to have lost mine."

@_Girls in general
@_everyone in general

Aki_Ico.jpg

While the boys were discussing what to do with Edeir, Aster stayed quiet. He didn't think it was in his place to decide what to do with the boy; even he did try to kill him... possibly. Would knocking them into the ocean really have killed them all? He jumped in on his own free will and he was still fine so he doubted anyone would have seriously died unless they couldn't swim... like Hayato. If anything he should have been the one to choose what became of Edeir considering he was most at risk but he kept his mouth shut for the rest of the trip to shore.

Once they got off the boat Aster found himself completely thrown for a loop. Things made sense on the boat as they were corralled one place to the next then once more on the lifeboat since they had an objective to go to with ample enough motivation from the guards. Both situations were dangerous, but suddenly being on land he felt lost and confused like a fish out of water. Where were they going and how could he make sure he stayed in line? The last thing he wanted was to make a stupid mistake and find himself riddled with bullet holes. He had to calm down. Feeling overwhelmed right now wasn't going to do him any good.

"Anyway, you guys have your prisoner ID slips ready? The first couple of numbers dictate which cell block you belong in, so we'll soon organize you guys to get you all off this beach. I'd advise you remember ...'

Right, ID slips! He reached in his pocket to fish his out to feel a soggy mess inside. That wasn't good, not good at all. He felt the limp piece of paper inside along with the clammy sticks of chalk he kept on his person and gingerly pulled out the slip. The chalk had left a gross residue on the sheet but it was readable, at least. He was lucky in truth that it didn't fall out while he was rescuing Hayato or worse, was destroyed. The ID slip was his lifeline and he'd treated it so carelessly. Honestly, it should have been laminated but considering how backwards the place seemed why would they bother?

Speaking of, Aster looked to see Hayato standing somewhat close to him and quietly asked, 'How's your ID slip? Still in one piece?' He casted a glance at the brunette's hands as well but said nothing on the matter, figuring he didn't want to talk about it. He had plenty of opportunities to ask but he neglected all of them so he just had to let it go.

He heard the two girls that had been with them on the boat mention something about ID slips, but couldn't catch any more of their conversation. Maybe they were just asking each other about theirs like he was?

4twUFPS.jpg

Having reached shore a group of fellow prisoners were there to explain the situation of the island, all in all it sounded as if they functioned as a form of community or boarding school, with the guards just there to gun escapee's and trouble makers down. So was the staff isolated or did they just take a hardline approach.. The deaths in the forest also bothered her..was this an old Island base of the IJA with landmines, poisonous snakes or a few nutcases with spears running wild?

Bowing to the landing party in a respectful manner, Kazuko accepts the information, though the issue on handing in the slips bothered her. "Thank you for the reception and guides. We are in your care. Though I must ask, what do they do with those who have lost their slips? Is there a system to track them by name, or can we speak up for them to share a living bloc?"

Taking notice of the boys boats arrival, Kazuko would keep her word, bowing to the greeters as she partly stepped off to the side. "Ah pardon, I must keep my eye on this.." While still in earshot of the greeters, Kazuko pegs her eyes on Ai and Nanashi.

"Yes, all of us seemed to have been victim of some malicious prank, though we've agreed to a more peaceful solution.." She says to Nanashi, given the current situation Ai had to be part of this as well, or they had a liar in their midst.

Laura_Ico.jpg

This... truly irked Laura. Maybe she was too careful. Maybe paranoid? Or maybe too much of a pessimist. Always seeing and thinking the worst about people. But the fact that, once again, other criminals were handling their situation was simply... terrible.

Then again they had a incentive to follow the rules for the sake of serving out their sentence. She could only hope that this was enough reason for them to not fall victim to some ridiculous ploy. "I'll be in your care then." She responded reluctanctly to one of the people managing the newcomers before eyeing the beach for Ai and Nanashi that, with a scaring timing, were already one step ahead.

"We were all missing our IDs..." She explained to Nanashi and Ai. Well, Fuka did have hers but Laura had her own reasons for keeping it so generic.

"...and they ended up in the pockets of another. I'm not sure what the perpetrator hoped to achieve by this but, as Kazuko said, we were civilized enough to resolve it peacefully. Though I am still missing my own ID neither do I know about yours. With all that said, I have to ask the obvious, one of you two have my ID?" Laura's tone was pretty neutral through the entire explanation. Like that of a business person.

Kuni_Ico.jpg

At least they all calmed down just enough to get to shore. Laura did throw that comment at Kuni, but Kuni decided it would better if she just let it lie. Was trusting people really the smart play? Did Kuni even want to do the smart play in the first place?

As soon as they landed, Kuni got off the boat and listened to the explanation. I can't believe that people die on the trek up... I feel like there's got to be some law about that... or at least the desire to make the path safer.

Kazuko explained what was happening. "Yeah, a bunch of slips were mixed around or stolen."

Kuni's slip was tightly in her right hand. She didn't want to let it be out of sight again.

Kuni smiled and said, "but don't worry. I think only Laura out of our group is missing her slip. Thank you for asking about it, though."

Either Nanashi or Ai had it. Even after checking everyone, it hadn't surfaced. Kuni knew Laura might suspect those two if one of them had Laura's slip. She was already showing how willing she was to suspect people, anyway.

"Uh, can I ask if you're missing yours? Maybe someone stole yours too. Mine was missing and no one replaced mine with somebody else's. They mixed mine in with Laura-chan's. I don't know why I didn't have it. If I did I would have given it back so everyone can get their stuff... maybe that's why?"

Kuni wasn't sure that was why. But, if she rambled and made herself look just a little more suspicious she might divert attention. She didn't want to ruin all the progress she'd made with these people so far, but it wouldn't be right if Nanashi and Ai were suspected next. Laura was already ready to show how extreme she could go.

They really needed to work together, and everyone was already starting off on the wrong foot. At this rate, they'd all just end up suspicious and mean to each other. That was no way to act when they'd been given a second chance.

"It's a really mean prank though... everyone only has that stuff from before they were... brought here, so stealing it would be like stealing someone's precious memories... and that's way too sad to think about."

img

On a scale of one to none, Banri didn't care at all about the mystery that surrounded the girls' slips. Maybe someone amongst them stole it because they had sticky fingers or planned on using it to ransom for other goods and services. Maybe the guards were just trolling and had bets on the catfights that would ensure. Maybe the thief just stole a slip to toss it down the toilet and enjoy the chaos that'd ensure. Regardless of what the case was, Banri's own slip was tucked in a private location, and now that his feet were on dry land, the young lad finally felt some semblance of sanity presenting itself to the world. His stomach was still empty, and he needed to rehydrate sooner or later, but compared to the hell that was the lifeboat, solid ground was pretty alright. Not that he was going to relax yet though.

Definitely not when Edeir was neither killed nor spanked. A wary, more measured glance flickered to the simmering rich boy, wondering if he would try a group suicide in this situation as well, before Banri stepped up to the student guide.

"Right, there any unwritten rules in Hisakawa?" he asked, "Such as avoiding certain people or having to pay protection fees?"
@Ehb

Edeir would have never guessed the thing he would feel the most happy about all day was reaching the island. As soon as the boat reached the shore he was all too eager to get away from everyone. Too eager maybe. In his haste he caught his foot on the edge of the boat and took a sightly spill into the sand.

He honestly felt on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Nonetheless, he preserved. The blond picked himself up and kept his head high, ignoring whatever eyes might be looking his way. If he learned something today, it was that the people around him were the kind that liked to kick him while he's down. He would not give that satisfaction. Not again.

He didn't think his pride could take it.

Instead, Edeir busied himself with fixing his appearance. It wouldn't do to look so disheveled; like some homeless slob. He brushed the sand off as best he could and attempted to straighten out his still soggy clothes. Ugh. He felt like he was inside a wet sock.

"...so please just follow along with us here so we can keep casualties to a minimum."

What was that about? He'd been so focused on trying to forget his surroundings that he, well, forgot a little too much of his surroundings! It was probably about things he heard plenty already. Nothing lost there. Although it did remind him about the slips.

Edeir fished it out of his pocket, mugging a frown at the lightly torn paper. It was still intact though so there was no need for alarm.

He looked around the beach and saw people milling about while the student leaders seemed to be waiting for... something. Looks liked he'd have to see if he could speed things along.

The blond walked over the guides, pointedly ignoring Banri who was already speaking with one of them.

"...avoiding certain people..."

Ignore it.

"Oi, when are we finally getting off this beach? I'm sick of the ocean air."

If they make a single remark even alluding to 'the incident' I swear...

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka sighed in relief when the rowboat finally hit the shoreline, giving the oar one last shove before hopping out of the boat with a short, sea-legged wobble. As the veterans explained the situation, Fuka shook her arms out and she paused there, panting for a minute. When her heart finally slowed again, she straightened back up and muttered to herself, "Again with the working together? What kind of prison is this?"

Even as the others from Fuka's boat gave them some suspicious looks, Fuka offered Candy and Snowball a little wave, throwing a special, extra friendly grin at the latter.

"Maybe check Snowball's pocket," Fuka suggested in response to Nanashi. "The treasure might be right under your nose. I hope it's there though, cause none of us have your ID, as far as I know."

With a concerned look, Fuka turned to the assistant students watching from the sidelines and asked, "Speaking of, what would happen if someone didn't have their ID? They wouldn't be killed, would they? They'd just lose their personal belongings... right?"

Hayato_Ico.jpg

"Also, it looks like a couple of you guys took a dip. You do realize the waters are infested with sharks yeah?"

"Oh is that so? Thank you for the information! And it is very kind of you to guide us, I truly appreciate it.

Then out of the corner of his eye, Hayato saw Nanashi bow and leave. Hayato waved and smiled.

"Bye bye Nana-chan, Ai-chan!"

His gaze remained on their departing figures, until…

'How's your ID slip? Still in one piece?'

Hayato turned to his right to see Aster.

"Hmm, that is a good question…"

Hayato reached into his pants' pocket and fished out a slip of paper. It was folded into fourths, still dripping water. Hayato frowned at this, then put it back into his pocket.

"Well it does seem to be in one piece, but I am unsure about its contents. In the first place, I brought nothing with me to this island besides these clothes. So losing my slip isn't a big deal. Thank you for your concern though, Aster-kun."

Hayato beamed at Aster, but his face turned into a worried expression.

"-fees?"
"-ick of the ocean air."

Hayato frowned.

"It appears we should not dally here. Let us go."

Banri approached the student guide, asking about more information about the school. Specifically, unwritten rules.

"You respect Sempai, pretty much. You break that rule and you're as good as dead."

The student guide nonchalantly said it. Like it was common knowledge.

"Other than that, don't go psychotic in public or else you'll give the guards an excuse to end you. Beyond that, information is king buddy. I'm paid to help you guys off the beach, but that's it."

So they were getting paid to do this. There was money involved.

@ERode

"Yeah, hold up we still got some stuff up..."

Another student guide turned to the voice who had hailed them. But upon seeing Edeir they immediately stopped.

"Dude, you're soaking wet. Did you swim? Dude, the water has sharks in it. Swimming is a really bad idea."

The same answer.

"Do you like need a towel or something?"

Said the guide, trying to stifle a laugh.

@Hatsunation

The girls also been victims of having their IDs taken, but also switched around. That was entirely strange.

Fuka immediately suggested to check Ai's pockets. Maybe it had ended up in there somehow.

"Fine. Here, Nanashi."

Ai cleared out her pockets. Unbuttoned her jacket letting the insides of the jacket's inner breast pockets be displayed.

There was nothing.

"You can pat me down if you want Nanashi. It's only fair."

Ai's confidence was already show enough. Nanashi hesitated.

"Are you sure?"

Ai nodded.

"Yeah. You my savior after all. They won't be convinced otherwise."

Nothing.

"Ai doesn't have anything but her own slip on her."

As Ai buttoned her jacket back up, Nanashi turned to the others again.

"It seemed like I got switched with someone's ID as well. The slip I found in my pocket was one that had the name 'Laura' on it. Since it seems like everyone in the cell got their slips switched around, could you please let me know if any of you have an extra one?"

An extra one.
Nanashi was still latching on to not having her name revealed. It was clear that was her intention from her tone.

"Once I get my ID back, I'll be happy to give back Laura's. But, if not, then I'm not taking the risk of going in without an ID."

"But, Nanashi...! You're making it unnecessarily complicated. Why don't you just tell them your name?"

Nanashi shook her head.

"Once again. Do any of you have an extra ID with a name you don't recognize I can look at?"

Despite being outnumbered, Nanashi's voice and demeanor remained resolute.

@_Grills

"Heh. That girl gets it."

The student guide watching the situation, and notably licked their lips as Ai unbuttoned her jacket, could understand the girl's hardliner stance. If it was, as it seems, more important to her to keep her real name secret as opposed to getting her box of stuff back.

"You see girlie. Along with your box of stuff, as well as your ID Phone, that slip of paper is what tells you what room you've been assigned to. No ID. No room. No phone. And no way to get any allowance. If no one here coughs up her ID, then 'oh well'. She'll still get everything else she needs."

"If she gives her ID back without getting hers back, she's willingly screwing herself over. She'd have to resort to 'other methods' to survive."

"And well, don't ask. You're not my girlfriend so I don't go saying dirty stuff to strangers."

@Luma

Ryuu_Ico.jpg

Along with the rest of the boys, Nanashi, and Ai, Ryuu jumped off from the boat shortly after they made it ashore.
Of course, their feet slightly sunk into the dry beach sand. Fun stuff, but not so much when you think of your sneakers and how they become sandy inside.
The Hisakawa dwellers were out to greet them in their student uniform, thoroughly explaining their intention as tutorial NPCs.
Their casual expression and behavior strongly indicated that this student enrollment period is just like any other day, with gunshots, agonizing screams, and mad laughter of the guards still echoing on the beach.

Curious, Ryuu gazed around, trying to process the atmosphere of his new home.
Fancy neon lights illuminated a path to what seems to be a dark and dense forest.
Beyond that maze of trees, you can make out the outlines of bright fancy buildings to which one can assume it is the rumored Hisakawa correction facility.
Such a pretty sight after the dimly lit and surprisingly chaotic boatride.

"Anyway, you guys have your prisoner ID slips ready? The first couple of numbers dictate which cell block you belong in....."

Ryuu slowly reached to the pocket of his blazer as he heard the guides. His eyes locked to theirs, as if he does not want to acknowledge the existence or nonexistence of his slip.

Did he bring it with him? Is it there? Did someone steal it? Can he still hug his teddy bear? How about his stinky pillow?

In that short moment that seems to span an eternity, the voices of the student guides were more of a white noise to him, blocked by his blank expression.
But there it is, his prison ID slip, with numbers written in bold. For a brief moment, he showed a slight smile upon seeing his slip, which later turned into a frown and a somber look.
With a gentle shake of his head, Ryuu whispered a sigh,
"I guess they really left me here on my own..."

"..... That's why we're here to help."

With those words, Ryuu got snapped back to reality.
Help? How long has it been since someone offered him a helping hand?

Turning his head back to the ferry which brought them to this island, Ryuu reflected on his experience back with his newfound companions.
Who knows a short ride on a rowboat can be so lively?
If Edeir was to succeed in toppling the boat, they could have been swimming with sharks, just as the students said.
Not only the rowboat trip, but the cell and the lunch incident were kind of insane too.
It was pure chaos, but entertaining, mad, yet fun. A short but certainly memorable ferry trip with equally entertaining people.

Ryuu opened his palm, rough calluses and dead skin, and a newly formed small scrape after stumbling with rowing the lifeboat.
It is very hard to recall the last time he rowed a boat, it was uncountable so to speak, but all of them were to deliver souls to Hades past the river of Styx.
This time however, it was a lifeboat he rowed, a boat to save lives, a boat to new beginnings, together with these people. A smile decorated his face as he touched the abrasion on his palm. It's a sweet and nostalgic pain.

These students are the same as him, people who seek redemption and atonement.
They might be criminals, but they are still highschool kids, children fresh from the puberty oven, looking for other people to rely on.
Their criminal background might not be as extensive as Ryuu's, but the notion of sticking together regardless of their crime, resonated strongly with his principles.

"Do the right thing, help a dame in need, help each other as humans, stay professional....."
he mumbled to himself, a line that he often repeated in the past, a creed of sorts. Again, he flashed a slight smile, seemingly content that his newfound home seems to share the same core tenets as he does.

"She would immediately think I stole it if I walked over to her and showed it to her. But moreover, I don't have mine."

Ryuu's thought process stopped as Nanashi appeared to be in distress. It seems that her ID has gone missing and Laura's appeared instead in her pocket.

"..... Help a dame in need..."
he mumbled again as he tried to approach Nanashi, only to stop, realizing that perhaps it is best to leave things be, the heroine of justice will surely save the day again.

As Nanashi and Ai took their leave, Ryuu smiled and waved at them from afar, sending his regards to the girls,
"Miss Nana! Do tell us if you need our help! As they said, we need to stick together and help each other!"

And now, only the boys remained, six of them. Most voiced the same opinion, wanting to proceed with this welcoming ceremony as soon as possible.
Perhaps the atmosphere of the beach is still unsettling, what's with the guards still killing off stragglers. Perhaps they cannot wait to see the infamous correction facility.

Nevertheless, one thing stuck in the back of Ryuu's mind ever since he heard the explanation: The many casualties on the final stretch to Hisakawa,
"Are there wild beasts here, mister guide? Perhaps the guards shoot us if they see us loitering in the forest?"

"Perhaps people kill each other here?"
It almost slipped out of his mouth, a dangerous thought.

Fuka_Ico.jpg

"Phone? Allowance!?"
Fuka eyed over the helper as if he was insane.

She took a long hard look at 'Nanashi,' pondering things over. For a moment, her gaze seemed to focus on her rather attractive 'figure,' and she visibly shuddered in disgust at an imaginative thought that came to her mind. After a long pause, she finally reached into her pocket and pulled out two IDs.

"I wasn't entirely honest before. While I do have another ID, it's not yours." She waved the extra ID in the air for all to see and spoke out loud for all to hear, "That is... unless your name is Forta."

Laura_Ico.jpg

"Yeah, sure. The mystery of keeping your real name hidden is of such huge importance. I wouldn't even care if your name is Nanashi the Ripper or Retia Adolf." There was Laura's general distrust and then there was overdoing it. And Laura made clear that even if Nanashi was infamous it wouldn't really matter... or did it?

Whatever. Now that it turned out that Nanashi was in possesion of Laura's ID it simplified things. The explanation of one of the helpers was exactly why Laura held on Rinne's ID, too. Just like how Nanashi held onto Laura. So she couldn't really fault her.

"How about I trade you this ID for-" She paused for a second. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. She was absolutely stupid. Trade it?

Generally Laura wouldn't have hesitated to swap Rinne's ID for her own but... "You see, I promised this stupid blue-hair to return her ID if I get my own back. I can't keep my word if we trade. Such a pity."

Thinking about her next course of action it was then that Fuka revealed something else. Something she kept hidden. Making a mental note about the fact that Cordial kept it for herself she sighed. "Well, unless anybody else decided to go through the senseless effort of changing their name, it can only be you, no?" It was a simple guess and, ultimately, did it even matter?

With one ID left-over it meant Nanashi could take it and the other IDs would all return to their original owner. Thus, allowing them to live happily ever after.

4twUFPS.jpg

Sighing a bit and watching the interplay, this was all..something else and given the nature of Fuka she wasn't sure if the girl had actually forgotten or had something malicious in mind. Well it didn't matter now and she had given her word to let the whole situation fall behind them.

Listening to the explanation they were given it did seem order was kept in hand by the prisoners, for fear of the guards response, was this some sort of Gulag.. Growling with a bit of a sigh, the girl shakes her head looking at her fellows. "Just handle the exchange between you four. Playing your social games here will only get you killed it seems. On that note I wonder if they have a Disciplinary Committee I could join..."

Looking at the guide she hoped they were true to their word and not about to tempt a robbery down the path..or an unofficial seizure of the id's.. Either way.. "Well I'm ready to leave when they are." She says flatly to the guide, while Fuka had helped her, a fact Kazuko would not forget, they overall issue of who still lingered and judging by the two wet males there group didn't seem anymore inspiring of trust than her own...

Toru_Ico.jpg

Toru had been quiet, aside from the little 'huh' at the fact that the waters really did seem to be infested with sharks. There was some issues with ID's for the girls.

His was still with him obviously. Though he kept it somewhere slightly unsanitory.

There were more lives to be lost. The apathy to outright hostility was to continue. His frown deepend. Casting heavy lines into his face.

These were not good things.

"You respect Sempai, pretty much. You break that rule and you're as good as dead."

"Who-" He cut himself off, he was sure he would find out soon enough.

Some things he could never escape, he supposed.

He furrowed his brows as money was mentioned. So they were paid? Which meant that they he could be paid. Which meant that there were things to be bought.

Another way for someone's life to go awry then.

"It's simple then. Nobody do anything rash and we'll all be fine" a glance to someone would havbe been approiate. But thinking about it, it applied to almost everyone who was standing on the beach. Wet or not.

He gave a sympathetic smile to the girls, "I do hope their problem is sorted out quickly, however. Disorder so soon is...troubling."

"So no getting freaked out by something little, Aster. Right?"
He said in the tone of a tour guide.

Takeshi_Ico.jpg

It seemed that some were more keen with a punishment than others. Honestly, how giving were all these people? Were they simply putting up faces or did they get sent here for some meager transgression like stealing too many games or pirating too much porn? Certainly they would not agree with doing harm to others in that case, even if harm was meant.

Regardless of morals, one of the girls proposed they get a move on with legitimate justification. Indeed, if they were too slow the guards might take them for disobedient and take pot shots at them. Edeir's punishment would have to be the hit taken to his ego and freezing. They had bigger fish to worry about. Not only that, but his reaction to Ryuu's remarks specifically seemed to strike a nerve. Perhaps the spoiled one really was more of a nuisance than an actual threat. Maybe he could even be useful down the line...

Soon enough they arrived at shore. Hopping out and stretching his arms, they were met by fellow alumni. Everyone seemed to be so nice. Takashi didn't wish to state it aloud but he did understand and even agree with Banri's point of view. This was a prison, whoever was here for some grave reason or another, yet most of whom they had met here were timid, kind, pacifistic and didn't hold grudges? Really? That was unlikely.

The group of students were supposedly going to escort them, though the fox-eyed inmate wasn't too keen on that idea. Most deaths occurred from the boat to making it to school? What happened on the way? If he were an optimist, he might be thankful that some group of do-gooders put themselves out there to aid the newbies. However the analytical side of him wondered if maybe they were being led astray by the island's version of bandits. It was a commonality in games at least. If you not only survived, but thrived, you quickly grew bored and traveled to the coast to mess with the under-equipped rookies for fun. He could name a few games in which this occurred.

Speaking up, it seemed the girls had their own issues to deal with regarding the ID slips and left. With a smile and a wave, Takashi bid them adieu before pulling out his own slip. Though he didn't trust the little helpers that came to aid them, memorizing the number probably wasn't a bad idea and one that he thought of ahead of time, not that the logic was unheard of. Wasn't it typical to memorize your student identification number?

Watching as some stepped up to question or speak to the guide, another piece of information was acquired. They weren't here to help, but merely to perform a job. They were paid, but that begged the question of who paid them? He doubted the guards gave a damn. And who was this Sempai? The alpha, obviously, but whom and where.

"Who is this Sempai exactly? I find it would be invaluable to know whom to watch myself around," Takashi spoke up. "Are they the one who hired you all?" Then again, like the guide said, information was power, but it was worth a shot. Besides, any response they gave unless they were very careful would give him something to work with at least.

"Aside from that, I'm ready to depart with the rest."

Aki_Ico.jpg

Aster stood around and observed his surroundings with some interest, wondering if the island would look as creepy in the day. well, it probably wouldn't have as many spotlights and guards, he hoped. That might be a bit overkill if you asked him. Once more voices of other people, ergo the person he had addressed earlier before spacing you, put a stop to train of thought.

"Well it does seem to be in one piece, but I am unsure about its contents. In the first place, I brought nothing with me to this island besides these clothes. So losing my slip isn't a big deal. Thank you for your concern though, Aster-kun."

He smiled in response to Hayato before he heard Toru's chilling voice.

"So no getting freaked out by something little, Aster. Right?"

Perhaps chilling was an odd word to use but he was still put off by his display back in the cells. He knew he was overreacting but the sudden switch still shocked him. The least he could do to ensure his own survival was not let him know anything was wrong. Just be friends! He didn't have to know you would most likely have nightmares about him tonight. Ugh, things would be easy if he couldn't just shake away that bad feeling he had and treat him like a close acquaintance again.

'Yeah, right! I'll just put on my big boy pants I guess, ha ha ha. Ha!' Aster replied with a forced smile. Why'd he have to be such a bad actor unless it was a dire situation? At least whenever Toru saw through him he'd be in more danger and hopefully coax out the little talent he had in that department. 'So are we going?' he asked, feeling antsy now.

For whatever reason the brief scenario crossed his mind that as soon as he said those words they'd be fired at and shot down, dying and choking on thier own blood on the sand while a guard came up to him and taunted, 'You're too slow!'. He doubted such a thing would happen but it never hurt to to put extra care into preventing something similar happening.

"Well, you're kinda sorta correct on both accounts. It the latter sorta just depends on how the guards feel that day."

It was a cryptic answer. It probably made complete sense to somone who'd been at the academy for longer than 10 minutes like Ryuu.
@Love

"Who is Sempai? They're a Sempai. You were raised in Japan, weren't you? Figure it out. Should keep you occupied for long enough."
@EmperorsChosen

Forta_Ico.jpg

"That is... unless your name is Forta."

"Well, unless anybody else decided to go through the senseless effort of changing their name, it can only be you, no?"

"Well, I guess that would make sense from your point of view. Truth is, you probably are just eager to get your things back more than anything..."

Stay clear and calm.
Clear and calm.

If Nanashi reacted the wrong way to Fuka calling out that name, then any illusion that it was otherwise would immediately fall apart.

But, she was naturally offended. It seems like Laura's true colors didn't take long to start shining. That cringe worthy hero act was only so terrible because it came from someone who was innately a terrible person, it seemed.

"Forta..."
"Nanashi. Is that your really name?"

Nanashi simply sighed.

"No. It isn't. Are you all sure you guys don't have another slip?"

None of the girls could honestly say that they did.

"Curse it... so mine really was stolen then."

"It's a little vexing to think that I'm the only one who isn't going to retrieve my personal belongings. But, it would be unfair to deprive Laura or Rinne of theirs either."

Smiling bitterly Nanashi held out the slip with Laura's name on it. Aimed towards Fuka from afar.

"So I'm fine. I'll take that other spare ID in exchange for Laura's."

Burdened with the favor from the Green Hair. And ultimately the one who would not get her things back out of the girls there. Outwardly, she was the one who lost the most out of this entire ordeal.

"If I can still get into the school. At this point that's probably the most I can hope for."

"Wait, Nanashi! Dosen't that bother you!?"

"If I can still have an ID I'd imagine that's all I need to get in and get what I need."

"Earlier, the guards shot those students out at the water just for trying to leave and laughed about it. You heard them laughing too, didn't you?"

The students who tried to get away.
Their splashes and cries for help died off after approximately 3 minutes after the first shot was fired.
The sharks were already driven to a frenzy by the fresh blood.

A guard tossed a bottle into the water, a drunken challenge that he could hit a shark with one.

"...If killing us off is that easy for them, that probably means we're already dead to the people of the outside world. So, it probably doesn't really matter what identity we end up taking. We simply 'are' until we're redeemed by graduating the program here."

If you were in the clear, and didn't lose anything, then all else was fine. Self interested people like Kazuko would lose interest the moment they were no longer involved in it. Kyouko must've felt relived that Fuka was able to give a convenient out to their predicament.

It didn't matter if it belonged to Nanashi or not. As long as they could get their own. It didn't matter if they were potentially screwing over someone else who lost their card, and leaving Nanashi without their own potentially.

They had to just get off this beach. Small details be damned. Consequences be damned. if they could move forward all of that would be conveniently wrapped up and forgotten, since it had nothing to do with them anyway.

It didn't matter whether if they were petty criminals or felons. Once a person crossed that line into qualifying for that title, their personality was likely dark and uncaring. Just as a good criminal should be. That was fine. Nanashi didn't have a problem with that at all.

Apathy was the most useful tool in any criminal's arsenal.

With it, you could kill an entire household because they were not friends with anyone in the neighborhood. The grisly discovery would only come about after neighbors complain about the smell.

A juvenile could count on abusing a homeless person so long as they looked ugly. It just wouldn't be worth it for anyone to step in at that point. At least, until the body had to be removed due to being a grisly sight and a breeding ground for disease. The people who'd remove it do it solely because they're paid to.

Be nonchalant. Be uninteresting. Anything to avoid notice, and you could do anything you wanted. By the time they would stumble upon it, you would be long gone.

The fact that those IDs were stolen ultimately was not going to matter if everyone else ultimately got their back. This random assortment of criminals were sorely predictable.

They would all probably unwittingly end up under someone's thumb, sooner or later. That self interest could be abused quite beautifully if one sought to exploit that sort of behavior. Nanashi wasn't smart enough or ambitious enough to do that. But there were easily some people that she'd seen here who could.

But at least, for this moment,
Nanashi could say that she played them just the same.
A glimpse at their clumsy way of handling a problem that involved themselves.
As well as the quality of their character.

As expected, for most of them, they weren't out of the ordinary for what to expect from an everage felon, it seemed. It wasn't a good start. This evening was probably going to get worse before it got any better. Any system meant to abuse people was only good because it knew how their demographic functioned.

"So lets trade. If everyone else can get their things back, there's no hard feelings starting out then. I'll go ahead and delude myself into thinking that's good enough for my loss. But, on that note, please stay away from me from here on out. All of you."

"Nanashi... Come on!"

"Come on, Fuka."

"Aren't you bothered by it! Not getting back your things?"

"I'm not."

"Hey! You guys! What if they end up actually cross checking her identity too! By that time, It'd be too late for her!"

"I'll find a way."

"Come on Nanashi! Everyone!"

"For fucks sake. Can you not shut up? The girls says that she doesn't care, so why make a big deal out of it? Do you really need to project her bitching when she doesn't have anything to bitch about?
"

The Student helper near Fuka was annoyed by the outburst. It was true, so many things were cute until they open their mouth.

"Ah. That person's right. That's enough, Ai. It's over. No ones missing out on an ID card at this point. So it's fine."

Ai looked back to Nanashi, and instantly froze up. Nanashi was still looking towards Fuka and the others with Laura's slip held out. But it was the eyes.

Judgement.
There was a clear look of judgement in Nanashi's eyes. It wasn't hostile or demeaning. Rather, it was opressively cold. A coldness that made one wonder what sorts of things those eyes had seen before.

She had made her decision on just what sort of value the people she before her had, as people. They were criminals no doubt. Apathetic individuals. There was nothing to be gained in being associated with them at all.

Kazuko's self interest. Laura's fakeness. Rinne's shallowness. Kuni's Naivete. Fuka... well being Fuka.

And Ai.

If the world was to decide to screw them over in the next hour, then so be it. In this case, it would be best for Nanashi to share their mindset, and watch those erupting fireworks from a safe distance.

Nanashi was wrong. She could admit it to herself.

She could admit it was wrong to assume the best of people by default. In this world, she had to assume the worst. People were worthless or a threat until they proved themselves otherwise. She thought she could change herself. But making such a heel face turn from her normal self... that really was just impossible.

They had to hurry too.

Nanashi's eyes looked a little scary, but that was just because she was the only one who got screwed over in all of this. But since everyone has an ID Card, she'll get over it.

it seemed like the helpers were getting ready to start leading students.
Finally.

@Luma
@Grills

"Everyone! Please arrange yourselves into groups based upon your cell block number. This is the First and Second number on your ID Card."

(for simplicity's sake, let's say the block number is based upon the leftmost minute number of the time of your first collab post here. Ex. 11:04 - Block 4, 11:45 - Block 5, Etc. Use the original post date, not the edited one.)

@_Everyone

4twUFPS.jpg

At first ignoring the situation she could sympathize with this Nanashi, but her personal view went downhill quickly with her actions around the name and towards Ai and the rest.

How dare she stare at them with such judging eyes, speaking of them all like she were better, who the hell did she think she was?

"Kekekeke! Truly one with no name! No Pride and no Honor! I suspected you and Ai from the start and even planned to attack you both to keep my word to this lot, but when you came forward with the Id.. To think, I had prepared to offer you a place to sleep till Fuka Chan spoke up to save this Forta. I wonder what happened to them.. but I guess I shall not look into it."

Meeting her gaze the scary eyed girl seemed to put a slight edge into her words. "But at the least Ai here was your ally. You should remember your comrades well, if they betray you, pay them in kind with fury. Yet your eyes dare judge us so, I remember what Kyuu said of you.. You are no better than us to be thrown away here as well!"

Shaking her head with a heavy sigh, she didn't expect many others would care, or at least not enough to say anything.. "We all are not to be trusted lightly, but we all are in this together, Nanashi, should I turn on you you'll see it coming."

More and more the Disciplinary Committee if they had one seemed the place for her.. If they were left to their own devices the mess incident would happen again.

Bowing to the girl and breaking off from her conversation she picks a spot in relation to the guide for her first number, her last read off with a Four, so Cell Block Four. If the other wanted to attack her over this so be it, but she didn't want to piss their guide off more than he already was.

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka eagerly awaited the coming out of Forta, and so, when met with a denial, she was honestly taken aback. She pondered it. Everyone else in this cell block had their IDs, so it was some pretty damning evidence. But then, why would 'no name' deny it so fervently if she really was Forta? So many secrets.

Fuka's eyes traveled back and forth between Snowball and Cotton Candy as they exchanged thoughts, pausing upon candy-colored girl with a curious look. Finally, when offered the ID, she spoke her mind.

"Confusing. Well, for what it's worth, then, I'm sorry you'll lose your things." She brought the two IDs to her eyes for a closer look, as if trying to memorize the numbers. "I hope they accept IDs that aren't our's, I guess." After a few seconds, Fuka shoved an ID in her pocket and stepped forward, swapping the other for Laura's.

"That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet," Fuka quickly recited a line in English, prompting a lot of confused looks. "Well, whoever Forta is, hopefully she won't mind her ID being used by a stranger."

The words had an extra layer of punch to them, as 'Nanashi' read the name on the ID she'd been given...

"Fuka."

Glancing at this new ID for a moment, supposedly memorizing it, Fuka wandered back to Laura and handed it to her. "I won't say you owe me one, but I'd love your support, Vanilla. You can never have too many allies on the battlefield." A glance at the other three from her boat who'd been involved in ID swaps seemed to extend the offer.

Forta_Ico.jpg

"Hey, what are you doing? This is your ID, isn't it, Fuka?"

Ai had been watching the exchange go on. Nanashi simply looked at the ID in her hand with a perplexed expression.

"Hey, maybe it is a bit of a stretch for me to think of this, but..."

"You're not thinking that by memorizing the names and numbers on the cards, you'll be able to retrieve all the things that each one would have to it, are you?"

"Awww shit!"

"I don't know if Fuka has photographic memory or not. But, even if she just did that as a Joke. It's not funny. You're really trying to just pull one over Nanashi, aren't you?"

No way. There wasn't any way that was possible! But, the student guide let out a laugh. This was the best thing he'd seen in some time.

"Heh, that girl is right! Dang you guys are perceptive! You do know why they just give you slips of paper, right? Those assholes at the dock just care that you can give out the right number and matching name. Doesn't matter if the original paper is there or not."

"No way! So, just now. Forta's, Laura's, and Fuka's..."

"Right? Unless that girl was just doing this as a joke..."

"Guess what, 'Nanashi'. It's our job to make sure you guys can at least make it off of this beach okay. What that girl's trying over there is pretty scummy even by our standards. I'd presume she'd already memorized it. So, logically, you want to make sure she won't be able to try redeeming any packages before you do."

"So, whatever you wanna do..."
"We'll go ahead and look the other way, just this once."

"That's stupid! She can't redeem more than one package at a time! Everyone gets one phone and..."

"Oh on that point you're quite wrong girl. Like I said before, they don't care. Just say that you're picking up for a friend. I don't think you can appreciate how much they don't give a crap over at distribution, but lemme tell ya..."

Are they trying to tell me the only choice...
Is to make her stop.
To hurt her?

"Hey, Fuka. That person is lying, right?" Nanashi put up the slip of paper with Fuka's name on it. "This is a joke, right? Fuka?"

@Luma
@Grills

Laura_Ico.jpg

These eyes... .

These cold judgmental eyes. Despite, as far as her own concerns where going, the situation being resolved Laura was legitimately annoyed. There was so much the blue-eyes wanted to say to the name denying girl. Correct her. Clear things up. Be mean to her.

How could her own pride have taken such a shit just from something like... like this? How did she dare to use such eyes on them after... after...?! Clicking her tongue the visibly rustled Laura calmed herself down.

No. With how everything had developed there was another course of action the white-hair could take. Another course of action simply for the sake of spitting into Forta's face.

"Thank you." Laura nodded to Fuka as she got her own ID before giving Rinne's ID to the blue-hair. "There you go justice-girl, just as I have promised."

With that out of the way Laura could now concentrate to matters at hand. In a sense, the situation escalated against Fuka. "Fuka is just beig Fuka." Laura spoke up as she went besides the food-naming girl.

"Yes. Thinking she'd memorize whatever IDs she got her claws on and turning everything in for herself IS a stretch. Think about it, there were a million other ways to go about doing this way smarter than she did, no?" While Laura didn't see real reason to support someone for returning what belonged to her in the first place, especially not after they purposefully kept information about a second ID hidden, it probably wasn't too wrong to get even. As stupid as Fuka was acting she was clearly smarter than that. And right now there was this ugly ball of contempt that had Nanashi written all over it. How did she dare to throw all of them in the same pot? Her, Laura *****, of all people?! A *****, goddammit! She wasn't like that... that... criminal scum. She was...

"Nonetheless, I'll make sure to stick around poor forgetful Cordial in case something might go wrong or she does something stupid." Yeah, Laura wasn't really trusting Fuka and wouldn't take any chances.

"Now, with that out of the way, Nanashi. You weren't caring at all which ID you would turn in, no? So you have yours, Fuka has hers. Maybe she finds it super exciting to get a care-package from someone unknown? You know, like Weihnachten, erm, Christmas? And ensuring that the little brunette will indeed not play a fool of us all there is no reason to worry and we can all be on our way." With that said, Laura now displayed a smile on her face. "It's all just as you wanted, Nanashi, or should I now say Fuka instead?"

Roll trying to convince Nanashi/AI/Everyone that there is no reason to be mean to take Fuka's current ID(failed).

Hayato_Ico.jpg

Hayato gave a silent smile and a nod towards both Aster and Toru as he made his way near the guides. Hayato looked left and right, but paused as his gaze rested on the girls.

"Hmm, I wonder what is going on?"

He went closer towards the girls.

"Forta..."
"Nanashi. Is that really your name?"

"No. It isn't. Are you all sure you guys don't have another slip?"

"Forta..."

Hayato dropped to a knee, clutching his head.

A sight of a field, two girls and a familiar stuttering voice. A wooden stick, filled with regret. Black, engulfing him. Fragments of a dream.

"Ugh..."

Hayato stood up and shook his head to hear Nanashi's next words.

"Curse it... so mine really was stolen then."

Kazuko's, Fuka's, Ai's, Nanashi's, Laura's, the background characters' words, he heard them all.

Hayato took out his slip from his pocket and unfolded it.

"Fortunately still legible..."

Hayato, after confirming that, put it back in his pocket unfolded. He was near the edge of the girls and took steps forward, filling the spot that Kazuko left.

"All of you, stop."

Hayato's face was solemn and serious as he looked at each of the girls in turn. He then stared at Fuka.

"Fuka-san, is it? I am Hayato. Please, give me the 'Forta' ID you hold. In exchange, I'll give you mine. I will possibly be the last one to retrieve my belongings, so if you have concerns about my ID-"
"Heeeeh, so not only are you a masochist, you're a pervert too huh?"

A familiar voice. Hayato turned around to see...

"Shibo-kun? Good to see you."
"Who the fuck is Shibo? I'm Akihiro, Hay-a-shit. Oh fuck, I just... Whatever. And don't get cocky, I just came closer to see what these chicks looked like. You're an unwanted accessory. And man how disgraceful. You're obviously banking on the fact that this 'Forta' is a girl right? Gonna sniff her panties and jack off in 'em?"

Hayato merely shook his head, the serious expression still present.

"I will go find whoever this 'Forta' is and return their ID."
"Heeeeh, now you're trying to act cool? What happened to that nice guy act before? And oi, masochist, there's a ton of us that came on this ship. You're telling me you're gonna sort through each and everyone of these scumfucks and for what? A chance to get in a girl's pants? Or-"
"No, it's because it's the right thing to do."

Akihiro whistled.

"Woohoo. A masochist with a heart of gold. So while you're soaking wet and in this weather, you're gonna do it. And newsflash genius, if you give up your ID and don't use another's, you're fucked. You don't only lose your luggage. No room, no phone, no allowance. You-"

He was cut off.

"I might find Nanashi's lost ID and then we can get everything sorted."
"You're fucking dumber than I thought if you sincerely think anyone of these scumfucks are gonna give up a free ID slip."
"Perhaps."
"The end result will be you with no slip, but you and I know both know you're gonna use-"

Cut off once more.

"No."
"Bull fucking shit. I just told you, no room, no phon-"

And again.

"Even without those I won't use Forta's ID."

Hayato stared straight at Akihiro, seemingly resolute in his gaze. Akihiro took a step back. But he had an epiphany.

"Nowwww I get it. A masochist like you would prefer not having those things right? Being on the edge of dying would get you off, wouldn't it? Hahahah!"

Hayato had a confused look on his face. Seeing this, Akihiro turned angry.

"What? Try telling me I'm wrong you fucking masochist freak."
"You keep saying it, but I am not a masochist. What led you to that idea?"

This time Akihiro was the one to look confused. In that moment...

"I am getting distracted."

Hayato turned to Fuka, turning his back on Akihiro.

"I'm sorry for the delay. So I will ask you once more: will you please give up Forta's ID to me in exchange for mine? I will likely be the last one to retrieve my belongings so I implore you. Time is of the essence."

Gritting her teeth the lies and school-house days antics of the others started to steam roll and build up. First it was Laura, now it was the creepy hero from the galley, or rather the boy who seemed eager to be beaten on..

Enough..

It was quite enough. "I won't be dragged into another of your games. If I must I'll fight on the side of no-name to end this... We all could go claim our boxes at the same time, or one of us that can be trusted can go with her to be sure she claims one? I care not who she wants to say she is, obvious lie it is, but I rather get to a cell, to myself and hopefully with a sleeping roll than to put up with anymore of this.. Fuka you decide would you kindly?"

Speaking acidly as she looked at the German, it seemed some people just couldn't let sleeping dogs lie. Never mind if the guide decided to hell with this and left them all in the forest and beaches to die...

@Luma @Ehb @Skyswimsky @Illin @others...

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka's eyes glanced off to the side at the insane exchange between two boys that had randomly shown up, finally shaking her head at the offer. "Eheh, what a cute little hero~" she chimed, ignoring his trade offer completely.

Turning to the paper in Nanashi's hand, she explained, "It's like Vanilla said: you asked for an ID that isn't yours and I gave you one." Fuka placed her hands on her hips and shook her head slowly, "I've memorized both the IDs, so it should be the same to you, right? It could even be fun: you get to learn about my past, and I get to learn about the girl named Forta."

Fuka shrugged and casually walked up to the guide. "So I suggest you all keep a careful watch on me to make sure I only take one package and we get moving before there's trouble. Remember I said I had your best interests in mind?" Fuka grabbed the ID from her pocket and swiftly tore the paper into several pieces, scattering them to the wind.

"You'll just have to learn to trust me."

img

"About fucking time," Banri grumbled, as the drama finally settled. Why the hell did those girls take so long dealing with this bullshit? Just grab Fuka from behind, hold her down, and let everyone else get their shit first, before letting her do whatever she wanted. Gods above, these girls were only cute when they kept their mouths shut, huh? At least it wasn't a total fuckfest like before, what with only Hayato being willing to play the role of white knight this time.

Most of 'em were probably just looking forward to watching the catfight that would ensue now, huh? As the ripped pieces of the ID slip blew away with the seaside wind, Banri scratched the back of his head.

Wouldn't be all too hard to put those pieces back together.

"Shoulda ate it, egg girl," Banri said, before turning his attention back to the guide, "Now can we move before someone else mentions something about these goddamn slips? Or is this sorta shit the only entertainment we're gonna have in Hisakawa?"

Fucking Shibo still hadn't tossed out a punch yet. Someone bury Hayato upside down in an ant hill already.

xPIpW.jpg

Rinne took her ID from Laura. Reluctantly, knowing what just happened. Fuka gaving Nanashi her own ID. Announcing that she already remembered the numbers... The guides saying that the guards don't care about the papers exist, the only thing that matters is matching name and number... Even you can get one by saying 'oh, my friend asked me to pick it up for them'... Guides admitting that her action is scummy for their standard...

Enough...

"Oi oi... Why are you screwing Nanashi even further?" Rinne said, her tone already shaking from anger. Trying not to lose control over this. What she seen is already unbearable for her... Even if Nanashi is denying her real name, Laura and Rinne getting their own ID back... This act is disgusting. Rinne put her ID slip back inside her pocket and looked towards Fuka with disgust, Laura didn't escape this either when she joined Fuka's side.

But the one that broke the straw was... Fuka ripping Forta's ID to pieces. Seeing that happening in front of her... Rinne eyes widened in disbelief for a moment before she narrows her eyes in disgust. "Villainous scum..." She muttered. She took a charging run towards Fuka. "YOU VILLAINOUS SCUM!! FEEL THE WRATH OF BLUE JUSTICE!!!" She shouted out as she charge towards Fuka and attempt to pounce her. Even if what she did was in vain as it already happened... This act... This very act. Is one that Rinne don't allow to happen without punishment.

Roll for pouncing Fuka and punching her in the face repeatedly before separated if success (success)

Toru_Ico.jpg

Toru had hoped that this whole ID would sort itself out soon enough. The words coming from the guides had given him much food for thought and he wanted to get answers sooner then later.

Still the rising tensions was a glum to witness. It gave him much insight into the way of some of the girls at least. Things to be worked on. When Fuka had torn the ID up, Toru had gently put his hand out to catch a piece of it. He glanced at it before frowning and throwing it back to the wind.

Then as sudden as Toru could blink. Rinne had pounced upon Fuka. Screaming her head off about villanious scum and justice.

Was Fuka really the mad one?

Thwack, thwack

People right next to Toru heard a soft moan.

The unmistakeable sound of a fist hitting another person's precious face.

A figure darted towards the two. Reaching the two before another punch could be landed.

Toru rolls physical for (Slapping a bitch up). He rolls a success

His hand wrapped around Rinne's throat. Dragging her up into the air. He pulled her towards him. "Now listen here you whore..." He whispered into her ear. Fingers pushing against the side of her neck.

He dropped her into the sand next to Fuka.

His eyes washed over the rest of the crowd. Before waving his hand to the two girls previously in fight. "I'm not having violence against anymore people!" He dropped his head to the ground. "We've already...lost enough people."

His eyes met Forta's, "If I'm not mistaken, if you want your belongings or at least someone ID's o-or whatever the deal is!" Toru sighed. "You're just going to have to trust Fuka, correct? Even with her actions. So, then for the good of everyone. Let's just do that, yeah? Just this once." He gave a sympathetic smile.

"I feel for you. I do. God's know you've gotten the shorthand. But I don't think that the guides,guards or even the rest of the students are going to have any more patience with this."

He looked to a guide. "So, let's go." He clasped his hands gently. "Please, sir."

He nearly snapped. In fact, he would've liked to. His mind had gone blank, and he could practically feel himself just... reaching out... his fingers tightening around that idiot guide's neck... But he didn't. A want for self preservation stopped him. Instead he found himself staring blinklessly at the guide, biting his lip a little too hard.

That didn't seem creepy at all.

Edeir procured his hankerchief and dabbed the blood from his lip before giving the guide a forced smile. 'Seems like the sharks were a little preoccupied with some other unfortunates to worry about little old me. A towel would due quite nicely, however. Please be quick about it.'

No response.

The guide, instead, was looking past him at the bickering between some girls that had been going on since everyone first came ashore. He hadn't thought anything of it, as it was girls just being petty. But now everyone was being left stranded on the beach because those charged with taking them to the prison were more interested in a cat fight? To hell with that!

The blond marched towards the group, seeing that Toru and Hayato had gotten involved as well. No surprise. They were morons after all. Of course they would naturally do the most stupid thing possible. Although Toru had apparently attacked one of the girls. Hilarious. Too bad his was too pissed to actually find it amusing.

'Look, I don't give a flying fuck about what this is all about but you can come to a resolution while we're on the way to the prison or at the prison; I don't give a damn! If that resolution involves killing eachother then go ahead and and just get it over with. Or ask a bloody guard to do it for you! I'm sure they wouldn't mind. And with the lack of patience I have right now, I sure as hell wouldn't mind either! So let us just get a fucking move on already.'

(Collab within a Collab)

Forta_Ico.jpg

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Hayato_Ico.jpg

Aki_Ico.jpg

"Wai-"

Too late, Fuka had torn the slip to shreds and tossed it to the wind.

"Wh-"

Then, Banri appeared and added his two cents, with Rinne then speaking after.

And she jumped into action.

When Hayato took a step forward after seeing what Rinne was doing, Toru had moved faster. Fuka was left on the ground, with Toru prying off Rinne. Then Edeir came to complain. Right after Toru stopped talking...

"Pfft... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Akihiro, or Shibo, who tried to contain his glee, erupted in raucous laughter.

"There goes your plan, Hay-a-shit. What now?"

Hayato didn't respond, but looked at Edeir instead.

"A resolution is impossible if we do it later. This unknown person called 'Forta' would not have their slip. And please, do not joke about killing so nonchalantly."

Hayato didn't smile at Edeir, still retaining his stony expression.

Edeir rolled his eyes at Shibo and looked at Hayato instead, his arms crossed in annoyance. "I don't joke. And I still don't care. Explain whatever 'this' is all you want but it doesn't change the fact that this general scenario is a nuisance to all involved and not involved.'

He looked down at his nails, trying to look as disinterested as possible, "What was your plan anyway? Let everyone punch their woes away?"

Hayato sighed then looked towards Fuka and Rinne.

"I can talk about that later Edeir-san. For now, I request everyone's patience."

He moved closer to Fuka, Toru, and Rinne. He looked at them.

"Rinne-san, that was uncalled for. That is certainly not justice to suddenly attack Fuka-san out of the blue. And Toru-san, gripping her neck like that, even to get her off Fuka-san, is a bit overboard. But thank you for causing her to stop."

He looked at Fuka.

"How are you feeling right now, Fuka-san? Are you able to stand?"

Hayato extended his hand to Fuka.

Fuka sat there for a moment, dazed at getting repeatedly smacked in the face by a surprisingly furious Blueberry. Finally, she snapped out of it as Hayato extended his hand to her, wiping the blood from her nose and taking his hand to help stand up.

Oddly, she was still smiling. Always smiling.

"Who knew a Blueberry could pack so much punch?" She rubbed her cheek, wincing a bit at the major stinging sensation, glancing over at her attacker. "I don't know how much you heard, but I meant what I said: I'll get Forta her things back. You're welcome to join in the search, if you're that concerned."

Aster had been watching the exchange on the sidelines, as the argument over ID slips erupted into a full on brawl he couldn't help but wonder if it was really something worth fighting over. Or with the way things were going, would they even kill? More people started to get involved and as terrifying Toru stepped up to the plate it became clear that things would head in that direction if no one stepped in. Would the guards really not do anything but shoot at them for taking too long?

Aster noticed Hayato helped Fuka up after she was attacked by that girl, Rinne was it? 'Fuka!' He yelled as he ran over, nearly tripping in the process, 'Are you ok?!' Sure they barely knew each other but he still was fond of her, though she did try to indirectly kill him. He looked back at the blue haired girl on the ground, wondering why she would attack Fuka so viciously.

Fuka glanced back at Aster with a raised eyebrow and a tilt of the head, wiping her nose again as a fresh drop of blood began to drip. "Geez, why is everyone so concerned? I'm fine, it was just a little punch," she claimed, though she winced again and continued to rub her right cheek.

Hayato gave a small smile towards Aster and turned his head towards Fuka just in time to see her wince. He had a sympathetic and confused looking expression on his face and spoke.

"Oh? But I thought-ok. It seems we are in agreement then? We will go off to find this 'Forta'?"

"Tomorrow," Fuka corrected, very clearly. "I'm sure Forta can wait, after all she has Nanashi's ID to tide her over."

'Um…' Aster began, twirling a lock of hair around his finger, 'What is all the ID stuff about? It's probably a late bit to explain so I guess you could just explain why that girl attacked you. If you want to, that is!'

He just wanted to get a general idea over what had happened first before they did anything rash, if they planned to. Hayato and Fuka seemed calm at the very least but things had a habit of changing quickly… unless he should just pay more attention to notice when things happened than being shocked when they got out of control.

Hayato frowned and turned to Aster.

"I think she attacked her because of something Fuka-san did, but I don't really know. Just ask Rinne-san I suppose. Aster-kun, I'm sorry but please hold any further questions. This situation needs to be resolved as soon as possible."

Hayato turned to Fuka and then had a confused expression on his face.

"Umm, Fuka-san, just because you possess Forta's ID, doesn't mean that this Forta will have Nanashi's. Tomorrow will be too late for this Forta. We must find it today. I will go alone myself if I have to, just whisper to me what the ID was, please."

"You really are insistent, aren't you, little hero?" She glanced over Hayato, trying to figure out his motive with some obvious difficulty. When she next spoke, she addressed Aster, "I have no idea what her problem is. I gave Nanashi my ID because she was missing one, and now I intend to claim one from a mystery girl so I can get it back to her."

It was fairly obvious that this was a lie to the girls who truly understood the situation, but as she'd shown before, Fuka was extremely adept at lying.

"Now I think we've wasted enough time as it is, so unless you have anything important to add…"

Fuka didn't even bother to pause a full second before striding forward away from the beach.

"I'm not a-"

Hayato looked down and closed his eyes. He took several breaths. Then, he raised his head and looked back at Fuka to see her striding away from the beach.

Hayato bolted and grabbed her hand.

"Wait. This really can't wait till tomorrow. I am telling you that what if this Forta has medication they have to take and it's in their luggage or some other circumstance? Please, I beg you, tell me what this ID is and I can go instead if you don't want to."

Fuka sighed, glancing at the ever-persistent Hayato with a mix of pity and confusion. Finally, she beckoned his ear closer with a finger and whispered in his ear, "Nanashi IS Forta, you silly numbskull." With a pat on his head, she continued onwards.

Hayato stood still, not blinking. After a few moments, it seemed he had returned to normal. He then turned his head towards Nanashi and walked towards her, a puzzled expression on his face.

"Hey, Nana-chan, is what she said true? Your name is Forta?"

"I already told everyone before. That isn't me. I... just thought it was right for everyone to have their own name ID tags."

Nanashi contemplated Fuka's ID slip in her hand. She could only grimace at how things had turned out.

"I don't get her. Giving Laura's ID back in exchange for someone else's' should've been fair. But all this just happened. After hearing that she might've actually memorized all of that. I'm worried is all."

A dead end. As Fuka's figure grew smaller, Hayato continued to look into a dead end.

Then, Fuka just threw him at her in order to get him off her back then.

"But, Hayato… Knowing Fuka. I wonder if I would trust that she's doing exactly what she says she would. About about taking Forta's package in order to give it back to her. Then, what was the purpose of giving her ticket to me then? If she did go through that, then she'd be leaving herself disadvantaged. Or maybe she plans to blackmail this Forta person by having what belongs to them."

"Well, none of that matters anyway. I just need to watch my back if that girl ever decided to reclaim anything."

Trying to make sense of anything that girl did was absolute folly. Just by her whims all this chaos occurred.

"Hey, Student Helper. I have a question." Forta asked, looking to one of the various strangely indistinguishable helpers on the beach. "The whole part about turning away from whatever I wanted to do here. That's still in effect, right?"

"Nanashi… what are you saying?"

Ai blinked in confusion. Worriedly.

"I don't trust that person. She said that she'd have someone watch over her to make sure she doesn't retrieve more than one ID Slip. But, ultimately no one went after her just now."

For once, Nanashi smiled. It was a softer smile Directed at Hayato.

"Thank you. For being nicer than most of the other here. But, I guess I ultimately have to handle my little dilemma here on my own. If I don't want to get screwed over, and be the only one who gets cheated out of a box and everything I'd need for living here. Then, there's one way I can be sure Fuka is honest about only being able to take one."

"So, Hayato. Please step aside."

Hayato blinked. Once, then twice. He opened his mouth and closed it, then opened it again. Then closed it. He sighed.

Those eyes…

It flowed into him. A memory. Eyes that promised viole-

Hayato shook his head. He fished out his now somewhat drier ID slip from his pocket and handed it to Nanashi.

"Here. I know for certain Fuka-san hasn't seen this yet, and I promise I haven't memorized mine. I will go after her."

He beamed at her and turned around to chase after Fuka.

Laura_Ico.jpg

The white-hair played with the thought about intervening at the sudden outburst of Rinne. Though, was it really worth? Just because she was, currently, on Fuka's side didn't make them friends... .

Before Laura could come to a decision, however, it didn't even take 5 seconds for someone else to play the hero as he made it pretty clear he wouldn't allow such actions. But... wait... wasn't that this guy? The trouble-maker. Oh well.

After that the blue-eye listened to the exchange between the different parties while she was just staying there. Silently. Like a unnatural statue. Thinking her own part.

Sure... this was working out, but by the time Nanashi mentioned that nobody followed Fuka Laura was already following the brunette. After all, she did mention something about 'sticking around Cordial' and, as one was able to see from the exchange with Rinne's busted ID trade, Laura was at the very least a girl who tried to keep her word.

Though most likely the noname-girl was just as distrustful of the other girls as she was of Fuka, throwing them all in the same pot.

Forta_Ico.jpg

"What are you doing? Wai-...!"

Speckles of sand flew behind him. He was far and out.

"Why…? You would go that far?"

Looking down at the slip Hayato had just left to her. It was not as dry as it was supposed be. But it was clearly legible. But just now, Hayato had just put himself at a disadvantage. Leaving his slip. Going after Fuka into that forest that was supposed have needed guides to navigate.

Somehow, it felt like…
A promise was about to be fulfilled.

Nanashi couldn't understand why she felt that way.

Laura was also going after Fuka.

Nanashi took a step forward. She'd go after them too and…!

"Stop. Forta."

Nanashi felt a tug on her jacket. Stopping her from moving forward.
"This charade is long past due to being over."

Kuu. The short fortune teller from before.

"See what happens when you try to affect that which is fated? Surely, you could appreciate the amount of chaos that just spawned from what you've done."

Nanashi.... no. Forta felt a cold sweat go down her neck.
It was over. Her first name.

"Admit it. You've lost."

"Kh..."

Ai, in disbelief, looked between 'Nanashi' and Kuuyari.

"So then… Nanashi's… actually Forta then. But that means Fuka really does have her ID."

"Yes. Aforementioned Snowcone. Simple process of elimination would've made that plainly obvious. But no one really had the constitution to say that aloud. It was pretty disgusting to watch, actually."

So that was it. Her real name: Forta.

"It was like everybody knew of it but didn't want to say anything. Twas like they wanted to say that they they knew, but the never really went any further beyond dancing and prodding around the fact. So uncommitted. Really... I think that's something in the realm of the Bystander Effect, correct?"

Kuuyari let go of Forta's jacket. She turned to face the Fortune Teller fully. Being greeted with a smile that had a fill of it's entertainment.

"But don't fret, Forta. You noticed it too? That no one reacted to that name as you thought they would. In this world, no one knows who you are with just that first name. So rest easy."

"But! Fuka's gone into the forest and those other two went after her! They've already vanished in there!"

"How unfortunate that is." Kuuyari replied nonchalantly. "If that was of concern to me I'd probably go after them. But I does not. Pius, I can't have someone who oews me a favor to die either. So you stay right here, Forta."

"Then why, Kuu…? If you could've done this at any time, then why say it now!?"

"Because, the events up until now have been exactly what I've desired. What I've sought. That Fool wanted to have proof that her so called Rival was able to tell the future. So I went ahead and took a step further."

"That girl just made headfirst into one of the most naturally dangerous places on this Island beyond jumping in with the sharks. Probability states… that she's probably going to die. Along with those other two whom have gone after her."

The forest beyond the beach was indeed dark and foreboding in a way. Maybe, for the people around, the aura that it gave off made them want to make for the safety that the lights and rooftops of the institution beyond promised.

But there was something peculiar about that.

For a place that was supposed be and island, and with buildings visible from over the treetops... why couldn't they actually see the school itself from the beach? If this was just an island, and if the school was as close as it seemed, then why couldn't they see it through the forest itself?

In fact, the inside of the forest was really dark. Even with the full moon out, looking into the trees it was practically pitch black. Almost unnaturally so. Making it all the more foreboding.

"In that forest, are the people who weren't able to get into, or were ousted from the institution. They are left to rot in the elements. Most of the time they just die; Usually that's what happens. But, the arrival of the fabled ship with new students means a potentially more delectable chance at better 'foodstuffs'. And so, they go on the hunt as well."

Kuuyari, shrugged her shoulders.

"Getting to the school isn't necessarily hard, but when you account the fact that the guards basically would have as thrown onto the island like this. The fact that these student helpers are here to escort us is a really good deal, when you think about it like that."

"But really, Just going her merry way just now was quite something. I wonder if they didn't notice the lighted path over there."

Ultimately it was time to finally leave that beach.
Students were grouped by their first numbers on their slips.

Coincidentally, one unfortunate student named Banri felt a splat on their head.
The gull who did the deed screeched from above in the lonely night. Seeming to sing of it's achievement.

What were the chances Banri being the pinpoint target of a flying animal's bodily refuse?

As the students realized what had happened to him, they all instinctively began to back off from him. He would be hurried through the package retrieval quite quickly on account he potentially was diseased.

@ERode

Forta went to her appropriate block one section. As did Kuuyari.

She was glad she was away from the others as well. The entire thing was disheartening and humiliating. She further separated herself from the others. Though remained in the vicinity of the group. With Ai excusing herself to go to her cell block, Forta basically had no allies at that point.Noit that she ever even had any to begin with.

Rather, she was accompanied by Kuu. Even when Forta wanted to be left alone. But the reason eventually became apparent. As Forta felt a tug on her jacket again. Kuu demanded her attention.

"Oh, and by the way. Forta. About that favor we had agreed upon previously..."
"That fool's number. Give it to me."

Kuu's free hand was opened in expectation.

Forta didn't have to play pretend anymore.

Nothing really mattered at this point. Kuuyari had proved her dominance in this affair without doing practically anything.

There wasn't any question as to what her name was anymore - and in the end, the entire name swapping incident had been brushed under the covers since everyone was sick of hearing of it.

Things didn't go exactly as planned, but this was fine too.

"Fine. Take it. There's no reason to keep it anymore."

"Kukuku.... Everything is coming up Kuu~... Ohoho."

Kuuyari imitated a mischievous laugh terribly.

Everyone went through retrieving their things. Following the path, the group quickly went underground. They really were going underground.

Passing some guarded gates. Going through passages. This was a maze. To the keen eye, some people could recognize it. This was originally had some sort of military use. The way in was purpose built to have people get mowed down by a machine gun.

They were made to wait in a large hall. Looking off to the side, through the windows, they could see this small port that was built into a sea cave. A boat was unloading pallets loaded with the sort of small boxes of their personal effects.

"Alright everyone, we're going to go by cell block group. If you wanna turn away now and run, we won't stop you. But, the guards are instructed that they're uh... weapons free to anyone going the opposite direction now."

Also note, upon retrieval of your box, you are free to keep what you have. Because we have guided you safely here, your initial allowance will be deducted from your starting funds upon getting your things. Don't worry, we all get our next allowance at the start of the next month, you can get more money too by hocking off things or working... but uh, lets just get this over with already. And after exiting, you will meet up with your same troop leaders to be lead to where your cell block is. But you'll have to find your space from there on your own.

Ah of course.

Nothing comes for free.

Even being escorted to prison had a price.

"Remember. Whatever you people do. Don't lose that phone. It's the only one you're ver going to get. No phone, no money."

The world of Hisakawa was mostly focused in the top surface level and the first ground level. There was an original complex built above ground which included basic buildings which made up the 'school'. It represented an open air and communal space where everyone could live. Then there was an underground, where the first Living quarter annexes were built. Going even further down, there were other deeper levels, built beyond where the guards could see or the local enforcement bothered to patrol. Not too many people dared to venture down there, since it was truly the law of the jungle down there.

For now, the new arrivals too the time to appreciate their now home. Their own personal space to call their own.

It was more or less just a space in the wall, inspired by the Late Hong Kong's housing crisis from the start of the century. I was about enough room to. lay in. But that was about it. It almost seemed akin to a place meant for laying a body. These hole in the walls made up the rooms where 20 or so such spaces were made. The most impressive part of the tunnel system on the first lair was that the ventilation and lighting was admirably well maintained and functional enough that even with the many people smashed into these rooms, they weren't necessarily chocking to death.

But there was one thing that seemed very clear.

They were sent here and expected to suffer and die.
Unless they put all their power into becoming good students.

If they could work had in the comparatively bright and free atmosphere of the places above in the school. Then they could someday free themselves from the grave that they had dug themselves into through their actions.

The steak and eggs lunch, was probably the last nice thing the government would ever do for them. Everything else would be up to themselves.

If they died, then no harm done. Justice was merely served.

@_Everyone

Another Tangent...

"Tower. I'm confirming 3 targets in our range. Identifying as... not tribals, but rather the freshies off the boat. Moving towards our wall section. I think they might be potential stragglers. Yeah, they've gone way past the entryway."

"Do we have any protocol for people who're fresh off the boat?"

[ Uh... I'll have to look into that. Don't want to get into hot water over people going trigger happy. Just keep tracking. ]

"Understood. Maintaining observation."

Click.

"Ah damn."
"...I just wanna kill me something..."

@Illin @Luma @Skyswimsky

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kuuyari, green, solid]
Kuuyari_Ico.jpg

[ October 2nd, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Parcel Claims ]

All the operator would do was plug in a name and id number into the machine. If they both matched, the machine would give a ping indicating success, find the related box, and deliver it to the Parcel Claim room. Strapped to the top of this box was a simple bag that contained what looked like a new smartphone box, as well as a pair of identical metal dogtags with the students' name and ID number on it.

Kuuyari reveled in her good fortune. She had three slips in her hand. She was next in line to get her things.

"I have these three boxes I'm picking on behalf of myself and these other two."

"Yeah, whatever. Now remember - I need to take off your initial allowance on account of those guys who brought you here safely."

"Sure no matter. That's one per person, right?"

"Yeah. One for each person escorted by them. Sorry."

"No need to apologize. After all, since you mentioned that it only applied to people escorted by them, then that means you only need to subtract payment equal to one person, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever."

"Sure. Since I'm picking it up for her. My BEST friend Fuka, has been so kind to cover the cost. It's only fair considering she made me do all this terribly heavy lifting. But you know what, MY other best friend, We'll call her Minerva. She said she could come up with the perfect plan to escape. But lost some kind of bet about becoming a pirate or the like. So I'll just use hers."

Shaking his head, the clerk was aware of what Kuu was doing. But it didn't matter. He still had to go through all the other 8 groups and he didn't have enough coffee to care.

"Right. So this is how to transfer funds. Go to this app, and enter the number. In this case, I'm gonna send this to this dummy dumber. In the event of an emergency, you can also use that number. That calls up the operator for the Disciplinary Butai who'll take your problem from there. So then... NEXT."

"Yay~! Feels so good to come out on top! The best rooms and extra boxes! They'll make for good makeshift chairs!"

With her three boxes in hand, Kuuyari walked towards the exit. But, she stopped by Forta, she turned, and let the pile of boxes plop onto the ground unceremoniously. (Her own was on top of course.)

She held out her hand, one of the cell phones.

"This one belongs to that fool, Fuka. She was the one responsible for everything falling apart, right?
"

"She's dead anyway, but maybe she won't be? In any case, why don't you screw her over just like she did to your reputation?"

Kuuyari attempted to use intuition to convince Forta to get revenge!
It failed...

"...."

Forta Paused.

"What? Are you telling me that you're just going to use that boy's?"

Forta shook her head.

"No. I won't. It wouldn't feel right. He's strange... strange just like Fuka. But I can't. I won't."

"Too bad."

Kuuyari tossed the phone into the air. She had no care for catching it on the way down. Instinctively, Forta caught it herself.

"The formal one said you had no pride or honor whatsoever. And you know what, I think she's right. For your own sake, you should prove her correct right now. Trying to do something nice and not asking for anything in return? Disgusting."

"Everyone looked at you like you were disgusting for trying that very same thing."

"So what? It's what I wanted!"

"Oh really? I don't believe you. Not one bit. You should've just let the Aforementioned Snowcone burn for what she had tried to pull."

"Do what you want with that Fool's phone. Their box was the only thing I wanted. I have a complete table set now for my fortune telling."

Kuuyari, kneeled down, and with a squak of a heave, she pulled them all up. She was ready to proceed on her way.

"If everyone thinks you're the bad guy, then why not play the part? When you have an 'S' rank in anything all the other little peons out there are just toys for your amusement. What value is there in hurting yourself just trying to save them? There was no hero to save their victims, so why do you have to be theirs?"

"What you're trying to be is stupid. You should just forge the kind of world you want for yourself rather than trying to make other people do it for you."
"Just saying, Forta."

Kuuyari left those parting words and walked on past her.

Kuuyari attempted to use Luck to convince Forta to Give Up....
it...

Forta_Ico.jpg

"We need to do the right thing here. Networking at the very beginning of this phase is essential for our survival. And also, that was classless"
"Nope! Nobody is powerless here! We've just playing support while everybody else is the attackers! We're working together to try and help!"
"'Just what is this in this world' You said? Nonsense! Justice means protecting those that can not stand-up for themselves! Even in the darkest pits of hell my shall light burn brighter than ever! For eternity."
"I'm Rinne by the way, and I'd like to make friends with all of you."
"I am no hero, keep that in mind.. as I said, you do not know what others are here for.. The kindness of strangers is a wonderful thing, but a good number of us here right now cannot keep an eye on you in the locker rooms nor all the halls.."
"Please, let us cease the hostility. We should be getting along…!"
"A very understandable suspicion... I must admit my reasoning is rather selfish. I simply did not wish to incur the fury of the staff here,"
"Oh, but what a display of protective care from you guys~! That stand for poor little Snowball, it gives me shivers just thinking about it. I never knew such kindness could come from a place like this."

She had met so many people.
But after what happened today, there was probably no way for her to get along with them anymore. She mentally tried to suppress the sounds of their voices. Mentally, she tried to tear the color out of their voices so she could forget about them...

They were starting to mock her.

Forta looked at the phone. It was Fuka's phone. And a key to help her start off on a better foot in the place. But. Should she really do it? This was an action she wouldn't be able to take back.

"It's like Vanilla said: you asked for an ID that isn't yours and I gave you one."

I don't know what to think of her.

"I've memorized both the IDs, so it should be the same to you, right? It could even be fun: you get to learn about my past, and I get to learn about the girl named Forta."

I don't know what to think of her.

"So I suggest you all keep a careful watch on me to make sure I only take one package and we get moving before there's trouble. Remember I said I had your best interests in mind?"

She ripped up my ID so casually...
I can't get is feeling of resentment out of myself. Maybe someday, if we got to talk things out, we might straighten it out.

But I don't want that to happen.
As petty as it is for me to feel that way...
Right now,
The thought of that scene ever happening makes me sick.

Forta Gripped the phone box in her hand. She breathed in.
I really am...

"You'll just have to learn to trust me."

"Right, You're next. Name, ID?"

"Forta. Number 01....."

"Ok. Checks out."
"I'm also picking up a box for my friend Hayato. Number 05...."
"Right. Here ya go."

"Also. My friend Fuka will pick up the cost of the escort."

"...You sure?"

"Yes."
"Here's her phone."

Welcome To:
NEXT

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Aster, #99CCFF, solid]
Aki_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Parcel Claims ]
'Really?' Aster said, his eyebrows furrowed in thought, 'That makes sense, I don't think you'd do anything too bad other than whack someone over the head with a tray!' When he saw Fuka walk away without saying a word and Hayato following after her he let out a quiet sigh before his usual smile returned to his face. They were concerned with making sure everyone got their ID slips and decided he'd be best leaving them to sort it out. He wouldn't be much use and they didn't need a third wheel mucking things up. It was for the best!

Shortly after, the group started to move onward to the school, having finally sorted the ID crisis that had struck the girls. The trek was uneventful for the most part as everyone walked in a dead silence, the only thing of interest happening has a seagull dropping a load on Banri's head. Aster considered offering to help him out or something at least but there really wasn't anything he could do. That, and Banri might not want to be bothered with his current predicament. So forward they went as they started to head underground, out of the cool surface air and into a slightly chilly one that felt stiff. It was a strange sensation to feel the weight of the earth around you, figuratively speaking. It almost felt like the tunnels would collapse on them and bury them alive. Were they actually going to spend their time at this school here underground? He didn't think he'd be getting much sleep tonight as it is and now he'd be awake all night with his mind full of paranoid thoughts.

At least to distract him if only for a moment, he saw they'd been led to where they would be retrieving their things. As Aster stood in line he held his slip in his hand mentally repeating the numbers to prepare himself for when he'd have to say them aloud. As he chanted them to himself he noticed the person in front of him had rather obviously turned around to look at his ID slip. He held his slip closer to his chest as he tried to muster a rude look to give them but could only manage a bewildered expression. The person merely scoffed before they were barked at to give their information.

It really was a dog eat dog world now. Luckily for him they person didn't remember his ID number, or his they had they didn't know his name, so he didn't have to worry about them snagging his stuff. If they had he honestly didn't know what he'd do.

'Name and ID number.'

'What? Oh… um- Aster. Number nine!'

He could help but sigh as he still managed to botch it after he'd been rehearsing for to say it in his head. The guard didn't seem to care too much as he unceremoniously handed him a box and began going on about something Aster knew was said many times over.

'So I don't get allowance since I was escorted? That's fine…'

Another sigh as he heard the guard yell for the next student and he walked onwards. As he walked he already began opening the box of his personal effects to make sure everything was there. On top of his stuff he saw an envelope sitting innocently, though he didn't remember packing any letters or at least what'd be required to mail them out. Curiosity got the better of him and he readjusted his box to be under one arm while the other was free so he could check the contents, if it had any of course. Maybe it got in there by mistake?

'What the..?' Aster said to himself as he opened the envelope to see a bunch of letters written on the flap.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M

N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

That was… odd. Before he could even mull over that significance of it the students that were acting as their guides were already corralling them into where they'd be staying while they were 'students' at Hikasawa. He shoved his newly acquired items back into the box and hurried along after the others, not wanting to be left behind in case their rules for being a straggler getting to the school extended here as well.

[ October 1st, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Aster's Cell ]

Eventually he made it to his cell room, or at least he thought it was. It was rather simple in design, nothing too welcoming for whatever occupants had been here and left like him. Though, to even call it just simple was an understatement. He doubted they'd let anyone customize the space to make it feel more homey but it was probably for the best. The last thing he needed was to feel like he belonged here. He placed his box against the wall as much as he could before sitting on the floor, letter and phone in hand. He placed the phone next to him for the moment and focused his attention on the incoherent message.

Nfgre,

V xabj ubj zhpu bs n sna lbh ner bs frperg zrffntrf yvxr guvf fb V gubhtug V jbhyq tvir vg n gel! V unirag fcbxra gb lbh fvapr gur vapvqrag naq V xabj vg zhfg unir orra uneq ba lbh, qrnyvat jvgu nyy bs gung ba lbhe bja. Vz fbeel V jnfag gurer sbe lbh guebhtu vg nyy. V jnf gbb fubpxrq ng jung lbh unq qbar gb frr jura zl fba arrqrq zr gur zbfg. V jvfu V pbhyq ivfvg jurerire lbher tbvat gb fnl gurfr jbeqf va crefba, ohg gurl frrz gb unir n fgevpg ivfvgngvba cbyvpl. Hasbeghangryl gung zrnaf lbh jbag trg gb frr lbhe fvfgre rvgure, vs gurlq yrg zr gnxr ure ba n obng gb jub xabjf jurer va gur svefg cynpr. V qbag guvax furq or n ovt sna bs nyy gur jngre naljnlf. V unir zhpu jbex gb pngpu hc ba ng gur ynof fb V cebonoyl jbhyqag unir gur gvzr rvgure. Gubfr qvfpbirevrf jbag znxr gurzfryirf! Ohg guvf yrggre vfag nobhg zr; vgf nobhg lbh. Naq V unir nabgure ernfba sbe jul V unirag fcbxra gb lbh fvapr gura. V qbag oryvrir vg jnf na nppvqrag, yvxr gur pbhegf fnl.

V guvax lbh xarj rknpgyl jung lbh jrer qbvat. V qbag jnag gb oryvrir vg ohg gur zber V guvax nobhg vg, gur zber V guvax vgf gur gehgu. V jnag gb oryvrir vgf orpnhfr Vz va qravny bire gur vapvqrag be gung Vz bire guvaxvat guvatf ohg Jurarire lbh pbzr ubzr jr arrq gb gnyx. V xabj vg jnf whfg nf gur pbheg fnlf ohg V jnag gb urne vg sebz lbh.

Fvapreryl, Sngure

'Hmmm,' Aster thought out loud as he scanned it, familiarizing himself with the writing structure, ignoring the nonsensical words. Based on how it was formed it was indeed a letter, as it seemed to begin with the traditional opening or dear Xer and ended similarly. It didn't have a four letter word that would signify the use of dear however instead just a five letter word… his name. He reached into the box of his belongings and pulled out a notepad and pencil and began to jot down the alphabet before beginning the actual work of deciphering it. 'N equals A, F equals S, G equals T, R equals E, and E equals R…' he said aloud as he wrote them down, occasionally looking at the alphabet he had written. He did the same with the bottom word he knew must have been sincerely and found himself quickly deciphering the message from there.

It was a simple cipher, but as he translated it he knew the sender must have known that. Though thinking back on it, the jumble of letters on the envelope flap it was most likely the key but to use it on a code so simple was almost cheating. He expected he'd be bored out his mind or scared for his life in the days to come so he might as well have some fun while he could. Within what felt like an hour he now had a completely deciphered letter in front of him. He'd been so busy decoding it he barely even comprehended what it said, but now he could read it in full. He carefully read each word as if it was still encoded until he reached the end. His hands shook as he held the paper, his head hung low as if trying to hide how he felt from an invisible audience. 'I'm sorry dad… I'm a terrible kid.' Aster whispered as hot tears streamed down his cheeks. He simply sat there staring at the paper, as if it would reveal something new if he looked at it long enough.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

[ October 2nd, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Parcel Claims - Cell Block 4]

Having thanked the guides and having no problem with the charges, Kazuko was more interested in how this Standing in line behind Nanashi, Kazuko sighs internally, this day was something else alright... So now Forta had three phones. Not satisfied with this situation at all, Kazuko also didn't want to involve herself in the situation, at least not past a point.

Sighing with a shake of the head, she wouldn't try stopping it, but she could not just say nothing. "Should the three idiots live, you have a means to indebt them to you.. Bare in mind who you are matters not here anymore than who I am matters...there are people here worse and better than you.. Our actions define who we are in relation to others.." Pausing for a bit, her face takes on a brief grimace before stepping off on her right foot with a final word.

"Your name is nothing to be ashamed of, be it in infamy or fame, someone carried enough to give it to you and went through a lot of pain to bring you into the world.. What path you walk here is up to you, but do so with your head held high and no regrets. It may be a thankless task..but aren't most things?.. That is all I had to say."

Reaching their handler for her own box and phone the scary eyed girl speaks out without being prompted. "Kazuko, 04." Getting a bemused chuckle at this one not wasting his time her items are presented a curious part of her handover was a smallish keyboard sized Koto, not nearly as long as a full sized one it was large enough to be played at least.

"Ah once more thank you for your services, but I have a request, could you put in word with the Disciplinary Butai that I may wish to join there ranks? Talking to the Emergency operator seems it may be a problem to ask this... In part I feel a bit of responsibility for this group.. On the other some of them I fear will be issues that shall bring me down with them, Society needs order, I am sure they know where and how to find me." Bowing lightly and taking her Items Kazuko leaves for the next in line, making way for her cell, taking out the phone, the recording software seemed useful. While she was very old fashioned in a manner, she was not a luddite.

Wandering the halls and down the levels Kazuko wanders the halls on her floor, finding a room that seemed to suit her. The problem was another seemed intent on having it.. Even at her expense, a rather large boy from the looks of him with a nasty attitude.. Ah the one from the Mess Hall..

"Hey, this Room is mine. I had enough to deal with you faggots earlier and you talked lots of shit bitch, I want the cell closest to the door, though I could use a girl.. Bit too flat for me though, but clear out. Now."

Remaining there defiant Sudo seems to lose his cool and shows a bit of an unsurprising side from what she pegged him earlier. "Look bitch! I'll hurt you! I swear it, I will! Now get the hell out! I had to deal with my boys and the boss because of you Justice friends faggots, and now it's just me and you! Look how big I am do you think you got a chance? Ehh?!"

Glaring at the figure her hawk like eyes bore into him, causing the boy to briefly rethink what he had done, before just as soon giving into his anger from events earlier. "Ah you're the certain, a cell further down would do you some good, you could use more physical fitness in your life. I also Refuse to hand over this cell. As to being your girl, I don't look kindly upon bestiality, dog in man's clothing. Or Should I say a cupcake? You talk as much as me. But you are all soft on the inside aren't you? The eyes tell things you know."

Reaching out to land a hand on her out of anger, he had size and so he thought power on his side, while the truth was he mostly used that to his advantage rather than fought.. Using some form of a Judo hold, the girl seamlessly ducks, moving low and to the side while seizing his grabbing arm, using the boy's momentum against him, Kazuko flips him with one deft motion, head over heals. Landing on his back he only has the time to see the hawk eyed girl kneed him in the stomach brutally before moving in with an elbow strike for his throat... Shutting his eyes and gritting his teeth, the girl stops just shy. Getting to her feet she offers him a bit of a hand, gripping his own with a surprising amount of strength, noticing how toned she was it wasn't a major surprise in hindsight...

"I trust we have an understanding, it would be a shame if you went to sleep and died from a heart attack given a sudden stop to your air passages from Sleep Apnea. I trust we'll have an orderly and civil cell?" Glancing at the others in the cell block no one seemed willing to dispute the girl's request. With a head nod and a tch Sudo-Kun finds a cell deeper in the block grumbling the whole while.

Settling in Kazuko starts to strum her Koto, filling the block with some form of peace in counter to her takedown earlier. If the committee wanted to see her before whatever induction they could follow the sound and likely security footage, though she was fairly sure a meeting would not be so soon, wouldn't it?

Shaking his head, Sudo was a bit pissed about this, but all things considered. "How did I get trapped on the same floor with a fuck'n Samurai...?"[/fieldbox]

@Ehb

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Edeir, #FF96A0, solid]
0LsjCWyoWgfFrLCD9CBSk5KqW3ScZeZ41II5nqHeIOaz4bP-90BxZwFDDrH5x2UVJ4mDPKh7HDxQ91WMO7_gAp9IOsd0R6UqlhxUhXVbpp5uTMw6_tQb5631aUxVMNdMnT6PQ39V

[ October 1st, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Parcel Claims - Cell Block 8]

At long last, they finally left the beach. He'd like to tell himself that it was because everyone finally saw reason with the words of wisdom he imparted, but truthfully it was because Hayato and some brunette girl walked off into the forest thinking that would help resolve things. Or something.

Either way, not his problem! How nice it was to be free of problems. Well… he was in prison. ...And a rather sizable amount of people hated him already. ...Well… free of any major problems. Menial things could be easily dealt with.

As such, he chose not to let the time spent being guided to Hisakawa itself go to waste. Edeir lagged near the back of the group to observe the forest as they walked. He tried to memorise the path and observe if there were any security cameras hidden in the foliage. Truthfully, it was simply too dark to see anything. Any path he had been able to remember anyway would only be useful if he traversed the woods at night. In the day it would look entirely different.

Seemed like he wouldn't be getting much return for his efforts. And as an added bonus he was in the back of the line for getting his things. Well there could be a positive. If they were permitted to take showers that night then he'd have the place mostly to himself. Although the water would be cold. And there might be people waiting to jump stragglers…

Don't think.

Soon enough he reached the clerk distributing their things. Edeir tossed his slip onto the table and said impatiently, 'Edeir, zero eight.'

The clerk merely arched his eyebrow before handing over the box with the attached articles on top. He started prattling on about funds and apps and emergency contact things that he'd likely already recited a hundred times before-

"Hold on!" Edeir slammed his hand on the table. "What do you mean I have to pay the guides? I thought the prison was paying them to do that, not me!"

"You thought wrong, now like I was saying, to transfer funds you-"

"Bollocks! I refuse to pay!"

"Well you have to."

"I don't have to, which is why I'm refusing to! This is a scam and I will not indulge this filthy practise," Edeir said with finality.

"Oh yeah? Give me one good reason why you shouldn't have to,"
the clerk said.

"Because I wasn't following the guides, I was following the others who were following the guides," Edeir explained with a wave of his hand, "Now, it's no fault of mine that they weren't smart enough to protect their investment. If they didn't want me to get a free trip here then they should have fended me off with, I dunno, sticks, like the brutes they are."

Edeir attempts to persuade the clerk to give him a free pass.
It fails...

"Are you just trying to say confusing things to trick me? Get outta here. And pay the guides. Inmates who don't respect the rules here will face serious consequences. You might want to learn that never rather than sooner."

Edeir scowls and snatches up his things, trudging away to the cellblock he is to call home.

Once he reached his new neighborhood so to say, he set to finding the cell he'd call his own. Most had already been picked by the many before him so he picked one randomly from the ones left. They all look identical in any case. The only real difference was location. He predicted the goody two shoes would want the ones closest to the door while the ones who were worth keeping an eye on would be tucked away in the back.

Not that location made a difference either. It was futile to try hiding in a cell after all.

He took his cell near the middle of them all and mugged a look of distaste. It was morbidly small; roughly the same width as the door to enter. He'd really have to see about finding some other place with more space and privacy, not that he thought he could simply file a request for such a thing. Edeir would simply have to explore around and hope to stumble across some disused closet.

Focusing on the present instead, the blond preoccupied himself with the things he'd been given. Knowing what to expect in the box, he decides to ignore it for the time being to mess around with the phone instead. In lieu of a mirror, Edeir opened up the camera app to check his appearance.

He really looked as bad as he felt. He looked like a beached zombie with the sand crusted to his face and hair sticking up at bizarre angles. At least his clothes was only damp now.

Edeir tore his jacket off and threw it unceremoniously onto the floor before kicking off his shoes. He then peeled the soggy, sand filled socks off his feet. While he would have really liked to lay down and rest his eyes, he didn't want to get his bed filled with sand and smelling like salt like his clothes already were. Instead he sat on the floor near the cell door and opened up his box to grab one of his books to read.

Encyclopædia Britannica Volume 6. A classic.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Parcel Claims ]

Kuni, still kind of reeling from the whole discussion followed by 'fun' discoveries on her trip up to the Parcel Claim, was glad to have finally made it to the item claim. For a while, it seemed like Kuni was never gonna make it. The discussion took a long time, and in the end... Kuni really couldn't do much. Fuka was acting so werid. She wanted people to trust her but tried so hard to make everyone hate her. Kuni wanted to believe in Fuka. She really did. But that business about the slips and lying about only have one extra slip...

"Hi, I'm here for my parcel."

"What's your number, kid."

"Oh! It's zero six..."
Kuni repeated the number on the slip before handing it over so the guy could see.

After a short wait, Kuni's box appeared -which was somewhat large, but thankfully not heavy. She still couldn't believe that she had dog tags and a phone now. It seemed like a strange sort of thing to give out. Especially since they were both at once.

"Don't forget to pay."

"O-ooh right! Sorry, I kinda forgot."

"Yeah, yeah just don't forget to pay your guides too." the clerk wanted desperately to leave and get on with their day. They didn't even want to ponder what an airheaded girl like this did to get into prison. As soon as Kuni left they said, "she'll either be dead within a week or probably will have killed someone. Then again she didn't seem the type to even want to hurt a fly."

With that Kuni was off to her cellblock. She didn't recognize anyone from earlier, so she simply picked the most open room. It was uneventful, and most of all she didn't really have to fight anyone for her room. Though... once she was in there she realized that was literally all of it. A room. Even that was... generous. At most Kuni could lay down and be comfortable while touching all four corners of the room.

At least she had a bed and a quiet place to sleep. This wasn't a drawback, she told herself. She could probably use her small room as an excuse to go out and find stuff to do. Kuni would take it over a large empty room. She then moved to start charging her new phone and finish setting herself up here. Of course, she'd need to make sure she locked her door. This was a prison but... this was also the start of something great, Kuni told herself. She'd work hard and then graduate and things would be great. As long as she maintained that attitude things would be fine.

It was okay even if she didn't, but if she kept her head and was positive this experience would be better for everyone. For every asshole, she'd try her best to keep people's spirits up. They all had to work together, after all. Kuni smiled as she stretched out as far as the room would allow her.
[/fieldbox]

• Bucket of Rainbows
[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

Thwack! Thwack! Thwack! Thwack!

Rinne was mercilessly punching Fuka continuously, but the thing that she didn't understand... She kept smiling even with Rinne punching. Suddenly she was choked by a guy to be separated. "Hnnh-- Lemmego!" She tried to break free but she could feel that his grip is strengthening that it would be futile to fight back.

Breathing heavily after being separated, Rinne looked over to Fuka with hatred while rubbing her own neck. Oddly, she's still smiling... Even after being mercilessly beaten in the face by Rinne. Also unfazed by the name Blue Justice that she shouted when she attacked Fuka. Come to think of it... Everyone else was not bothered about the name either. Does her 'Hero' name before coming here mean anything at all to them?

Instead... She heard everyone saying what she did was wrong and defended Fuka. That damned bitch, she was in the wrong yet she was treated like the one who's right.

. . .

After the whole scene ended with Hayato, Fuka, and Laura going ahead without a guide... Rinne stood up, still having a rather sore throat while also swatting off sands that sticks on her clothes. Rinne looked over to Nanashi, or actually... Forta as what Kuu called her. Rinne looks slightly displeased over what Forta did earlier, she knew that Nanashi is Forta, but her act made it complicated and ended up this way.

Sighing as she part ways from Forta to go to her own cell block. Rinne said "It wouldn't turn out this way if you just be honest... Seriously." She thought she understood why Forta would want to keep her name a secret, even going as far with using 'No-name'. But in the end, she knows that if everyone is honest about this whole thing, it wouldn't happen in the first place.

As Rinne walked and follow the path led by the guide. She wondered what sort of hellhole she would enter. Going underground... Rinne walked through a path that seemed like a maze. And then they were made to wait in some kind of hall. Rinne could see through the window that there were a cave which was used as a port, some workers seen unloading the boat of packages of the new arrivals.

Rinne walked over to the operator who were handling the claims.

"Name and ID?"

"Rinne, zero five . . . . "

"Name checks out... Here's the box. Also, I have to take off your initial allowance for the guys that brought you here..."

"What? What do you m--- Oh, I guess I can see the reason why. And if I refuse to pay?"

"Then you get some serious consequences later on."

"Fair enough... How do I do it?"

The operator then opened the bag strapped on top of Rinne's box, taking out a smartphone. "So here's how, theres this app over here, type the numbers here and here. Anyway, I'll do it for you this time and here's the emergency number if you come across something unwanted, it'll lead to the Disciplinary Butai operator."

"Ah, got it... Anyway, do they have openings? The Disciplinary Butai that is?"

"Not that I know of, maybe you'll know soon enough. And if you don't have anymore questions then... NEXT!"

With that Rinne walked away to go to her own cell...

[October 2nd, Early Morning / Hisakawa Institution , Rinne's Cell]

Rinne's search for her own room went quite uneventful, save for when she opened some doors and turns out someone else is already occupying it. But at least she get to her room, finally.

Rinne then opened up her box after getting settled and put her phone in the charger. Going through it, making sure everything is not missing...

"Huh... All here... That's good." Rinne said, confirming that there was nothing missing. She looked around the room. It was no doubt smaller than her old room. But this is certainly better than being stuck together like some kind of animal during the boat trip. Maybe if she did good, she would get an upgrade in living.

Rinne then took off her jacket and laid down on her bed. Rubbing her neck lightly. "That fucker... What's his name again? If I see him again I'd... Gah, I'll kick him in the nuts. How dare he called me a whore..."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

[ October 2nd, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Cell Block 9]

It had been a cold shower with no soap, but that was enough to scrub the bird shit on his head. Unlucky. Profoundly so. He had only had that happen one other time, and that was during an absolute shitstorm of a murder of crows, but, well…at least it was only on his head. If it had gotten on his clothes, that would have been quite troubling.

Reclamation was simple, and the fact that his money was taken didn't matter all that much. Work would probably have to be done regardless. Had to prove himself worthy of returning to normal society. Had to gather up everything, avoid all these assholes, and live as normally as he could.

Hair still damp from the quick shower, Banri crawled into his coffin of a cell room, his few belongings wrapped up in a bundle. A cellphone issued by the school. A Rubik's Cube, colors faded with time. A wool scarf, alternating from green to red. Christmas colors, really. A folder of lined paper and stationery, as if there was actually going to be classes here. Tougher outdoors wear, windbreakers and hiking shoes. A nightlight. Basic toiletries that would have been great if he had them before his shower. And, most importantly of all…

Hah, that was a bit too generous of them.

Turning around to lie on his back, Banri propped his head up against the wall and unwrapped the block of dark chocolate, taking a small bite. Tasted like moonless nights after cram school, fluorescent street lamps casting spotlights, bastions of safety. On a scale of one to ten, he was still hungry. One a scale of one to ten, he was still miserable. On a scale of one to ten, he was still yearning.

But as his right hand click-clacked, maneuvering the puzzle cube towards its solution, and as the bittersweetness of chocolate suffused with his tongue, the raven-haired youth let out a genuine, secretive smile.

Apathy was a wonderful thing.

Distance was a beautiful thing.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Ryuu, #e34234, solid]
Ryuu_Ico.jpg

[ October 2nd, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution, Parcel Claims Center ]

Deciding to mingle with the seniors, Ryuu went earlier to the parcel claims center with his student guides.
Suffice to say that he missed a lot of juicy gossips after Hayato and Aster went to check on the girl group, with Nanashi being Forta and Hayato-Fuka-Laura set off to a stroll on the forest.
In exchange, he received a number of vital info about the island from the seniors.
What to expect in the near future, the job opportunities, ways to present and improve yourself, and what NOT to do.
Despite the long talks and numerous gossips he managed to extract from them, Ryuu couldn't get a clear hold of one important topic.
The seniors always deflect any conversations and mentions regarding the elusive SENPAI.

Soon thereafter, they reached the parcel claims center after a long tour around the maze, the guides of course, provided commentaries regarding the architecture of the maze and their underground living quarters.
None of Ryuu's companions were around. Perhpas he was the first one to reach the parcel center, seeing that he took off early.
With a worried look on his face, he tried to approach one of the seniors,

"Excuse me, my companions, are they....."

"NEXT!"

Ryuu's lines were abruptly cut by the parcel clerk, signifying that it was indeed Ryuu's turn to claim his belongings.
The seniors tilted their head towards the clerk with a smile, perhaps a silent expression that says, "Don't worry about them"

"Name and number, please..."

The clerk sports a non-expressive face, almost a frown, but more like a washed up actor rehearsing his lines for the 1000th time without hydration.
That lit up cigarette on his mouth certainly doesn't help him to be more articulate in his gesture.
His desk was extremely messy and of limited space, with paperworks and stamps all over the place. One can see his cellphone was actually buried beneath a pile of manila folders.
Tons of boxes and parcels were vertically lined up behind him, most of them are normal brown parcels, others were more unusual, like the koto that clearly stands out.

"Ryuuichi, 07"
Ryuu showed his small piece of paper, displaying his name and number for the clerk to verify.
As his details were typed into the register, the clerk already spouted a lot of lines, like a preprogrammed robot.

"..... so this is how to transfer funds, don't forget to pay for your guides....."
On and on and on, the lines that the seniors already mentioned to Ryuu beforehand.

"I see, thank you very much!"
Ryuu flashed a simple smile as he prepared to pack his parcels and walk away.

"Wait a second..."
Surprisingly, the clerk raised his hand, a signal to stop Ryuu from moving onwards.
He put off his cigarette and stared directly at Ryuu's eyes with an inquisitive look, an action that seemed contrary to his robotic expression before.
"... aren't you that guy....."

"I beg your pardon?"
Yet another dazzling smile, Ryuu tilted his head sideways, a general expression to indicate lack of knowledge and/or confusion.

The clerk however, winced even more with a grimace on his face.
His eyes sharpened and a scowl has appeared on his face now.
You can feel his glare penetrating and chilling your very soul, it's that kind of angry glare.
A quick side glance and one can see the long line forming behind Ryuu.
The clerk, forced to choose between holding down Ryuu or continue with his job, certainly chose the latter.

"Tch! Whatever, fuck off now..."
The clerk returned to his previous nonchalant face as he motioned for the next prisoner to step up to his desk.

"Thank you very much, sir!"
With a nod, Ryuu quickly packed his belongings with the help of the seniors, which would later guide him to the cell block 7.

As they got further away from the claims center and onto the depths of the living quarter, the clerk can be heard mumbling with a smirk,
"Enjoy your stay..... while you're alive that is..."

[ October 2nd, Early Morning / Hisakawa institution - Cell Block 7 ]

"Bye bye, Ryuu-chan! We should hang out soon!"
"Text us! We'll treat you something nice for lunch!"

"Of course, it was a pleasure to meet you ladies!"

The moment the student guides dropped him off at cell block 7, all eyes were quickly glaring at Ryuu.
What is this? Who is he? A newcomer? Mingling so quickly with the senior girls? Is he a bigshot? Is he going to be a threat? RIAJUU BAKUHATSU SHIROOO!
- were among the thoughts that bubbled up in their heads. Suffice to say that fellow newcomers are eyeing him with wariness.

"Ah, nice to meet you! My name is Ryuuichi!"
Before they could even process their thoughts further, Ryuu extended his hand and started to shake theirs one by one, with a big smile on his face.

"I hope we can get along, seeing that we will be here for... quite some time I guess!"
With a chuckle, Ryuu tried to crack an unfunny joke.
Some of them however, put on a blank expression with a bit of disgust mixed in, a clear signal of their disapproval.
"Will it be alright to take this one?"
It was the room nearest to the door.
"Uh... sure..... If you want the guards to bang on your door first..."
Apparently most of them stayed away from the first cell, minding the potential to be gophers for the guards.

"Great! Let us continue our conversation tomorrow, quite a lot of stuffs we need to unpack here. A good night to you!"
and Ryuu went inside his cell silently after bowing to his peers.

Phew! That was a refreshing quick shower!
But that's Hisakawa for you, no fooling the guards here. That look on the clerk was classic! That actually startled me for a bit there.
Must be someone with relations to your victims, huh? If that's true, you're the one responsible for turning his life upside down and landed him here of all places! Hah!
I wonder how many of them are here? You know, the sons and daughters of your victims, whose life are ruined now because of your actions?
Imagine them unknowingly getting chummy with you, without knowing what you have done to their families... Hahah! makes your stomach squirm doesn't it?
Heck! Maybe some of them were your companions from before! That's a real plot twist there, don't you think?!

Oh what now, you're pulling out your rosary from that parcel of yours. Time for your prayers again? You're lying on your bed, chanting prayers until you fall asleep?

"Our father in heaven....."

Oh fucking please, Ryuu! The Lord's Prayer? You don't even remember the names of your victims! All of you professionals are like this! You did your job without blinking and now, behind closed doors, you pray for salvation! What hypocritical bullshit is this?!

"..........."

Finished praying now? Good. I'm done with your shit too. Good night you hypocrite bastard.

"Good night"

[/hr][/hr][/fieldbox]

[/hr]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid][ October 1st, Late Evening / Hisakawa Institution, Forest]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

"Fuka-san?! Where did you go?!"

Hayato yelled continuously, trying to find a hint of that brown haired girl.

There was a rustling sound, and Hayato turned to the source.

"Geez Fuk-"

[October 3rd, Early Morning / Hisakawa Institution, Forest]

It hurt. But I persisted. Because I won't be saved. Nobody else will care. Nobody will save me, so I have to move my own two feet. Even though as long as I live and breathe, my way will be filled with ice and thorns. Life isn't comprised of four seasons, but a year-long winter. Whether or not I stop to wipe away my blood or tears, they'll freeze over anyways.

[October 4th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Forest]

I see you. I know, I won't fall here. It would be too easy. Feel free to watch me all you like. I'll...

[October 5th, Late Evening / Hisakawa Institution, Forest]

I saw him again. Waiting outside, waiting for my reply that would never come. Indifferent to the rain, looking straight through the peephole in my door, unblinking.
WZj8Ffam.jpg

[October 6th, Late Evening / Hisakawa Institution, Forest]

[October 7th, Early Morning / Hisakawa Institution, Underground Gate Entrance]
Forta_Ico.jpg

Hayato_Ico.jpg

Hayato saw some guards, and spoke.

"Please, do any of you know where Fuka-san or Forta-san is? Are they still in trouble?"
"The hell kid? Just get in."
"I need to-"
"If you don't want to get shot, get inside. Now."

Hayato grit his teeth and slowly walked inside. And the first thing he saw was a familiar light-blue haired girl. He grinned at her, but then immediately his face contorted into an expression of pain and he looked down at the ground. Hayato took several breaths as he clutched his wounded left shoulder, a small chunk of it gone from the top. After a few seconds, he looked back at her, a small smile on his face.

"Ah, sorry Nana-chan. I didn't manage to find Fuka-san. And I was planning on just leaving straight away if I couldn't find her, but I got lost."

Hayato frowned, looking sad.

"Ah, I wonder what happened to Forta-san. Without her slip, was she forced to stay in that jungle of a forest-"

Hayato then looked alarmed and placed his hands on his cheeks.

"Oh wait! That's right! Nana-chan, please tell me if you heard anything about Forta-san! Time might be critical! Forta-san might be in danger even as I speak! It is a really dangerous place!"

It had been about a week since she'd had last seen this boy. The whole ID slip exchange, Fuka taking her ID and leaving. Hayato leaving his to hers and giving chase. Both of them went into that thick forest, as far as anyone knew, they were lost.

But, the injured Hayato from before her was the ultimate result of all of that. After a week out there, and after sustaining a wound like that… He was still worried about the person who really owned that slip that Fuka had taken?

Did he really go that far for someone he didn't even know?

But, none of that mattered anymore.

"Hayato… was it? We should really take you to a doctor first I think." Nanashi seemed to reach out towards his shoulder, but she relented.

Forta ripped the side of her skirt, taking out a section of cloth. She did this a couple of times. Not minding it at all. After a few moments, she had fashioned something along the lines of a bandage out the torn pieces of clothing.

"Here." Forta smiled insistently. "I don't know where the doctor is or anything, but I know there's one here. But, we'll probably need to get you treated first before we can help that Forta person."

"It'll just take a second. Could you put your arms down for me, Hayato?"

Hayato frowned, his hands still on his cheeks. His eyes seemed to be unfocused, but then he blinked several times.

"Ah! Nana-chan you shouldn't rip your precious skirt like that! Please, I will find a doctor! First let's get some help for Forta-san!"
"It's too late to say that Hayato. Here…"

Without much choice, Hayato's most noticeable wound was covered up. But it wasn't the only one. Even without him saying it, it was apparent by the marks all over his body that he really had been stuck out in the elements. It was surprising he was still so set about helping this Forta person. It was almost worrying even.

But in any case, he had to get taken care of immediately.

However, the question still remained of where to find a doctor.

"There. That should hold a bit." Nanashi took a step back from Hayato.

The strips taken off her skirt were just taken off from the sides. Even so, some students passing by were unable to control their urge to steal glances at her exposed thighs. Nanashi wasn't worried about that so much, however. Hayato seemed so intent on helping this Forta person.

Should she just say it?

It wasn't a secret to the others who she was now. Hayato had conveniently just missed that part. If only she had just came out with it sooner, none of this wouldn't have happened to him.

Nanashi held out her hand.

"Forta would probably be troubled if her savior was stumbling around her all hurt. Let's go find someone who can tell us where the doctor is, they'll probably be able to tell us the sorts of people here who can help those who're lost in the forest too."

Hayato blinked several times as he sported a confused expression on his face, not resisting at all while Forta removed his hands from his face and tended to his shoulder. He looked at Forta's hand, then her face.

"Nana-chan, what savior-"

Hayato's eyes lit up and he beamed.

"Ahah, Forta-san was saved?! That's great!"

But then his smile was replaced with a concerned expression.

"How bad was Forta's savior wounded? Can I get his or her name? Actually, it might be better to get it from the person directly. Yes, ah I'm feeling a bit woozy. If Forta-san is safe then yes let's get going to find a doctor. What great news! You should have told me sooner! Or you did and I just forgot? I apologize, things seem a bit hazy right now."

Hayato seemed to be connecting dots and jumping to his own conclusions, that or the exhaustion was finally getting to him. It didn't really matter anyway, it seemed. He was starting to wobble.

"Yes. You're right. It was silly of me to forget."

"Thank you, Ha-------"

Hayato blanked out. He wasn't even able to hear the sound of his entire body collapsing.

[October 9th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Hospital Ward]

A white ceiling.

Surrounded by curtains.
The distinct feeling of being entirely immobile.

This was the world that greeted Hayato when he awoke.

"Ah, you're awake. Hay-a-to… was it?"

Moving his eyes, they focused on… an adult. Not just an adult. But he looked like a soldier. Wearing fatigues and ammo pouches. But there was a distinct red cross on his arm. Despite the rough look, his voice sounded rather amiable. Betraying the aggressive look of their guard uniform.

"So… how're you feeling? Any pains? Aches? Dizzyness? You hungry?"

Truthfully, it felt like Hayato had a bunch of stickers all over his body (bandages). An IV drip's needle was stuck into his arm. But otherwise he could tell someone had looked over and treated his physical wounds. But, right now…

Hayato blinked several times, looking groggy. But then he broke into another full smile.

"Ah, were you the one that treated me? If so and even if you were not, thank you very much! Please, I feel fine now! I apologize for making you go through all that hassle! I'll get u-"

Hayato looked confused as he turned his eyes to his own body. Then he looked back at the man with an abashed expression.

"Ah, it's embarrassing but it seems I am unable to move! Please feel free to dump me on the floor if another needs this bed!"

A laugh rung out in the room. Coming from the man, but also of a girl. It was very… cold? Hayato had a hard time figuring it out.

"That girl was right. He really does have some interesting things to say. A genuine fool, it would seem."
"He's pretty earnest, it seems." The guard agreed.

Footsteps towards Hayato's bed approached. The curtains were pulled aside in a single swoop, and revealed something rather otherworldly into Hayato's view.

Almost glowing blue eyes. Black Hair… and White on the other side.

"Greetings, Mr. Idiot. Just kidding. Ah… Well that's all I had to really say to you. How should I put this… I guess you can say that you don't have to worry."

Worry? Hayato's expression immediately expressed this.

"Some girl named Forta took care of the fee that you were supposed get charged over this entire thing. So… Well, maybe… Let's take a step back here. You're new here after all."

"In Hisakawa everything has a value and a price. These cell phones…" Said the two tone girl as she pulled out a generic looking smartphone. "...contain a wallet filled with money called credits. In a normal situation, this would be the part where we'd have to discuss how exactly you'd pay for all this treatment we've done for you."

The two tone girl threw the phone at Hayato. It landed disrespectfully upon a bandage on his chest. It stung… A little.

"But. A girl named Forta took care of it for you. So no worries. You can stay in that bed and 'heal' for as long as you need to. It's all on her tab after all. That phone by the way is actually yours. There's a box in the corner there that's supposed belong to you as well with your cell number on it. That was awful nice of her… It doesn't seem like she tried to take anything out of the box or your 'phone wallet' either."

The two tone girl flipped her long hair off to the side.

"You actually should be good to go back to your room by tomorrow morning. But feel free to snooze around here as long as you like. In fact, you can live here if you want. Nah just kidding. she paid for like only two days here and you've been snoozing for like two so yeah."

Hayato had to summarize what had just happened just now. He had gotten treated here… and he's been here for two days. Forta paid for his treatment and stay here… and…

"I'm Fatuita, by the way. Hisakawa Student Department of Intelligence, Head of the Technology Club, Journeymen of the Medical Guild. I'm like, the best of the best so you should be super grateful you know?"

The man in fatigues raised his hand.

"I'm just a trainee under Fatuita-sensei."
"Surprised? I dressed George here in guard fatigues to get you all surprised! But you ended up surprising us in the end. Worth it though."

Hayato had a confused expression on his face for most of the time as he quietly listened. But when it seemed that she was done talking, Hayato opened his mouth.

"Fatu... Ita?"

Hayato grimaced and he closed his eyes, as if in pain. Even with his eyes closed, the pained expression soon turned into something similar to fury. Some seconds later, and it seemed it passed. He opened his eyes and looked at Fatuita, what seemed to be an embarassed smile adorning his face.

"Ah, I'm so sorry about that. I felt bad all of a sudden. But wow, I was surprised! It seems Fatuita-san is so young but to be so accomplished is nothing short of amazing!"

Hayato laughed for a bit, then resumed.

"Fatuita-san and George-san, was it? I am Hayato. Good to meet you two! But…"

A worried expression clouded over his face as he looked at his bedsheets.

"Forta-san paid for this? Can you tell me how she looks like so I can repay the favor? I do wonder why she went to such effort for someone like me, but I suppose that is a question I can ask her later."

Then he looked at both George and Fatuita, a smile on his face.

"I am really grateful to you both, George-san and Fatuita-san. If I could move my body I would be bowing in thanks, but I can unfortunately only move my neck at this moment."
"Ahah. No problem! Here, let me…"
"Don't do it George."
"Sensei?"
"Like I said. He'll be good to go in the morning. Sorry, but you're going to have to sit still for a bit longer. Tomorrow Morning you're just a scrub who can't pay for medical services, but for the rest of tonight till tomorrow morning you're my patient so… we're going to let you heal up as much as possible before we set you loose."
"We can still readjust them a little to make them a bit more comfortable?"
"Yeah. Just be careful with that shoulder of his. You hear that Mr Idiot? You're going to have to take care of that even after you check out. Got it?"

Hayato looked abashed but still retained the smile on his face, which soon turned to a worried expression.

"Ah, I understand. I will keep note of my shoulder and try to take care of it. But please, can I hear what this Forta-san looks like? I want to repay her for the kindness she showed me, or at least try to."
"You would like to know, wouldn't you?"

Fatuita said as she teased the answer in front of Hayato.

"But you know? I've been here a long time. Since you're new here, I'll go ahead and tell you this for free. Forget that Forta person ever existed. Get close to her, and you'll someday regret ever getting to know her."

"That's a promise, by the way."

Fatuita left the room with those confounding words.

"Ah… Sensei does say some weird things sometimes. Really, pretty much all the time. I have a hard time telling if she's passing wisdom or joking a lot of the time. If I were you though, I'd worry about getting to your room and finding a job on campus. Judging by your phone here… you're lucky to have all of your starting allowance intact so you have a set of savings that students usually take a month getting to."

Standing up, George began to adjust Hayato's body around a bit. Communicating with each other, Hayto was able to at least not feel as awkwardly set up as he did earlier.

"And there we go. That's it. Good night Hayato. Good luck out there."

George made his way out of the room, but before he exited out completely, he stopped.

"But, you know. I think what sensei was saying back there. I think she really meant it then."

When the two left, the sounds were replaced with silence. Hayato laid on the bed, looking at the ceiling. He whispered.

"What do you think, Ryoji…?"

A pause, then…

"Yeah, I got it. I'll…"

Hayato closed his eyes and fell asleep.

I couldn't keep up with her and while I remained perplexed, Hoshino-san lowered her head deeply towards me, revealing the beautiful nape of her neck. What the hell was this? Was this sort of new play girls did? I didn't understand at all!

"L-l-lift your head, please."

If anyone else were to see it, I would definitely be misunderstood and hurt. After hearing my plea, Hoshino-san seemed bemused by this stupid me and chuckled as she got up.

I could say, without hyperbole, that I let out the deepest sigh this year, saying,

"What's going on?"

Hoshino-san seemed to realize she didn't explain herself first.

"Ah!" she yelled, and continued,

"Because you're an amazing person, Hayato-kun."
"Amazing?"
"Yeah. During that group work! You have a really cool, analytical personality that watches everything from above, right? You didn't seem to care about how anyone else thinks about you. Or is it to say that you won't just go along so easily?"
"No… That's not it."
"Not actually it?"
"I just don't have any friends…"

It's tragic, but it's the truth. And I can't do anything about it. If I'm deemed to be amazing, then Hoshino-san is on the level of a once-in-a-millennium monster.

Hoshino-san shook her head.

"Ah, no, you might have fewer friends, but that's not the case. Speaking of which, it feels like you don't want to make friends. I'll say that you won't really go out to get on anyone's good side. You ignore their opinions, or something like that. Anyway, I find that cool. I really admire that."

You can praise me however you want, but I don't think that's right at all. Still, it's rare for me to get a single word of praise in a year, let alone have someone call to me outside of class. Yay.

I was actually quite delighted.

Still, I had to correct her.

"Actually I do care about how others think of me."
"For example?"
"I'm happy to be praised for being 'cool'."

After I pointed that out, Hoshino-san chuckled. She then hit my chest with her fist in a playful manner, causing me to drop the light novel I was holding.

"You aren't the type to get conceited by praise. But this is different, isn't it? It's like dropping a 500 yen coin when walking on the road, isn't it? That's different from me, from us. So I'm envious of you, Hayato-kun."

I had no idea what that metaphor meant. But even I understood she was admonishing herself in some vague way. Still, her voice didn't sound sad at all; she sounded almost like she was joking when she said those words. When I was about to press her further, I heard a few voices behind the shelves.

"Airi~~. Where are you?"
"She got lost, didn't she?"

It seemed Hoshino-san had come with friends. She looked shocked as she turned towards the voices. I wonder if she met me without telling them first. Or she was just really lost and happened to stumble upon me.

"They're calling for you. Bye bye." I waved my hand.
"I'll ask you about being your disciple again next time." She waved her hand back.

"We'll talk next time, my tentative master."

What's with that title? In any case I sighed once Hoshino-san was out of sight. It was tiring talking to people; the fatigue really hit me. Ah, what a complex feeling.

But just when I thought she was gone, she popped her head back, looking at the aisle I was still in. She had a serious look on her face. And she said something ridiculous.

"Hayato-kun."
"…What?"
"If I let you touch my breasts, can you vote for me when I run for student council president?"
"What?!"

What did I hear? Of course, I, being asked this all of a sudden, couldn't answer. After some silence, Hoshino-san gave a mischievous smile.

"Just kidding."
And she vanished once more behind the bookshelf.

She definitely misunderstood. It's dumb. She shouldn't envy someone like me. It's true that I don't care about what others think. I only have a tiny bit of interest in that kind of thing.

Just a tiny bit.

But she didn't know the reason why I became like this.

She can't be on friendly terms with me. Even though nobody knew that I was going to swap seating positions, even though nobody wanted to pair with me during P.E., even though nobody asked me out during the culture festival, even though no girls knew of my first time, even though nobody would care for my help in group work. Even so, even when I'm trash, as long as I ignore the stares from everyone else, I can live.

And even though I said those words, life is a funny thing. Just seven days. Seven days later…

[August 21st, 37 days before ████]

There has to be a word for it. Would this be something like a Baader-Meinhof for people? You don't meet a person until a special circumstance, then the encounter rate for that person goes higher.

Hoshino-san and I met again.

It might be surprising, but I visit the planetarium outside the city once or twice a month after school. It's not like I have a particular interest in stars, or that the night sky is pretty. But I just like the planetarium nonetheless. Don't ask me why, I don't know the answer.

I met her there.

She was on the other side, sitting in a chair. Maybe it was because it was a weekday, but there was nobody else in the planetarium besides me and her. I could hear faint sobs and her head was touching her knees.

I went up to her and asked.

"Why are you crying?"

Perhaps she knew I was here, because she didn't seem shocked.

"I wasn't."

She looked at me with a serious expression. But tears were still trickling down her face.

"You look like you're crying though?"
"Y-y-y-you're wrong about that."
"Did you just hiccup?"
"Just your imagination."
"Do you swear to the planetarium god?"
"Of course."

She was so stubborn. I gave up trying to prove her wrong. Instead I took out a wrapped onigiri from my pocket, and handed it to her.

"Here. You won't cry if you eat something."

I could have said something more interesting, but that was what came to my mind first.

She didn't talk, but received the onigiri. After I saw this, I turned my back on her and made to leave. I was pretty embarrassed from doing something like that.

But I was stopped. My right hand was grabbed and I was pulled towards her. Her hand felt really warm. I turned around and saw Hoshino-san with tears in her eyes. She spoke with a faint and tiny voice.

"I really envy you, Hayato-kun."

That's a lie. She merely said that on a whim. Hoshino-san couldn't possibly admire garbage like me. Kids in Africa can get aid, but people won't care about me. So there's no reason for me to be envied.

I pulled my hand out of her grip, and ran away.

I don't know why. Ah, I'm stupid.

When I was finally a good distance away from the planetarium, I stopped myself to catch my breath and thought on her words.

The lie she spoke.

Even so, even though it was such an obvious lie. I'm sure I fell for her, who envied trash like me. And I thought,

("If it's for her, maybe I'll try once more…")

And that was the mistake-no, maybe just a little spark. It would still take a bit more time before my rebellion that ruined everything started…
[/fieldbox]

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka kept walking. In fact, she pushed on so quickly, that by the time she turned around, the group wasn't even visible. Just Vanilla and a distant figure fast approaching. Unbelievable. Didn't they agree to follow her and keep her in sight? Perhaps she'd just been walking too fast for them?

"They said it was past this forest I think," Fuka mentioned to Vanilla, stepping foot into the twiggy forest ground with a more careful step. "Saaaaay," Fuka suggested with the grin of a child trying to pull a prank, "as long as we're ahead... do you remember that volatile Blueberry's ID number? Just out of curiosity~"

Fuka hopped over a fallen log as she continued deeper into the forest, ever the cheery voice of optimism. "It could be fun, right? We could see what kind of things a Blueberry had in her past to make her the Blueberry she is today. The kind who beats other girls for fun." She shrugged.

"Not as interesting as a girl who conceals even her name, but pretty close, no?"

Laura_Ico.jpg

"They said what now? Do you even know were we are going?"
Laura had been following Fuka instinctively but... now that she thought about it couldn't she be... no... no. And even if they'd just find their way back, no?

"What the justice-hoe did was uncalled for but you shouldn't answer violence with more violence. That is, if you want to get out of here." Laura avoided her question with a sigh. "That said. I want to make something clear. I mainly helped you out because our interests aligned one way or another. I really can't stand Nanas- Forta. Going so far as to keep up such a silly, obvious, charade while looking at us... me... like that." Even now, thinking back to that situation had Laura nearly boiling.

Fuka_Ico.jpg

"Ehehe, violence? Don't be silly, Vanilla." Fuka turned around, arms crossed behind her back in a 'cutesy schoolgirl' pose. "I'm more of a creative girl." With a grin, she twirled back and kept walking. "A wise man once said: 'Live long and prosper.' Long life is a great goal to engage your starship towards, and violence isn't always the fuel your engine needs."

"Though it can be."

Fuka glanced behind her at Vanilla, "I respect your little grudge. Keep harassing her if you'd like: I won't stop you unless you threaten the starship."

Crunch~

With her head turned the wrong way, Fuka accidentally stepped on a hard, crunchy object.

"Hm? What did I just..." she started to say, leaning down to take a closer look. As soon as she managed to make out the object, Fuka jumped back and clamped her mouth with her hands.

A skull. A human skull. Next to a pile of well-chewed bones, and now, with a huge chunk of it smashed in.

In her horror, Fuka backed away several steps, shaking her head slowly. "No, no, no, no. Monkeys." Her mouth turned up in a manic grin. "Eheh, right... a monkey. It must be a monkey." Repeating this, she tried to reassure herself, though the fear in her voice implied that she didn't believe herself at all.

Suddenly, the dark, leafy ground by Fuka's feet shifted, and her entire body was hoisted up into the air by a vine rope, leaving her dangling in the air as a huge rock struck the ground nearby. She just remained tangled there, motionless. Even the false smile had been wiped off of her face and replaced with a grim horror.

Laura_Ico.jpg

Laura shook her head. "Even if I bear a grudge as of now. My plan for my stay here is simple. Stay out of trouble and follow the rules until I'm out." She paused for a second. Whatever crime she did as the white-hair talked about the 'future' there wasn't a shed of 'regret' in her voice. "Rules set by the warden of this place. Not some self-proclaimed beach welcome party." She clarified. That said though, the rules did seem rather loose.

Sure, she could hold onto that grudge and make Forta's life more miserable but, ultimately, it was a waste of time and would only make her own life harder as well.

Seeing how Fuka was caught by some sort of trap as something surprised her, Laura sighed before getting over to the counterweight. Clearly this thing was human-made which meant... no, it couldn't be.

"Be careful to not break anything."
Laura nodded towards Fuka as she tried to untangle the vine rope on the rock. A knife would have been easier but, nonetheless, the girl managed. While the white-hair had planned to catch the rope and make her body serve as a counter-weight to give Fuka a gentle landing, in reality, it didn't work out like that. Instead, with a sudden SNAP the rope Laura was untangling made quick work of itself, giving the food-naming girl a short trip to the ground.

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Whump.

Fuka hit the leafy ground with a sharp exhale, slowly standing up as she recovered from getting the wind knocked out of her. Brushing the leaves off of her shoulders, she stared back at Laura with an expression as deadly serious as the one she'd stepped in just a moment ago.

"Move quickly, and keep silent. We need to get out as fast as possible," she whispered.

Scanning her surroundings, Fuka eventually wandered up to the now-broken skull and studied it with a disturbed hesitation.

"Since I stepped on it moving this way, then that must be the way back," she concluded, pointing towards what was hopefully the way out.

Although the two hadn't wandered into the forest for long, it felt like easily three times as long to exit, maybe even more. The journey was filled with several creepy sounds and the ever-present feeling of being watched. By the time they did finally emerge back onto the beach, everyone had already gone, and they were left standing there alone.

Fuka collapsed to her knees in the sand, taking a moment to rest and come to terms with how hopelessly confusing the situation was.

"I Fuka'd up real bad this time," she muttered to herself in English, replacing a similar sounding cuss word with her name.

Laura_Ico.jpg

Coming to the same conclusion as the brunette, though also because she could still remember the way Laura came from, the white-hair went, together with Fuka, back to the beach.

No words were spoken as Laura paid more attention to any weird noises and their surroundings rather than the way back - putting enough trust in Fuka to do just that.

Nonetheless, as the two of them arrived at the beach, 'Vanilla' let out a sigh of relief. At least until Fuka started talking in English, oh god the pun. "All was fine until you... Fuka'd... ." She responded in the very same language. English was, after all, easier to speak for Laura than Japanese. It was a miracle her accent wasn't all too thick. "I'm pretty sure that's the exit." The white-hair added as she pointed towards the other, lit, path.

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka turned towards at Laura for a brief moment as her English sounded out.

"Oh, right. I guess that's not so surprising coming from you," she responded to the vanilla girl, supposedly commenting on the language. It was then that she caught sight of the lit path that she was referring to.

"What?" She stood back up and glared at it suspiciously, "Is it really that easy...?"

Carefully approaching the path, Fuka pondered the situation to Laura beside her, "If there's a lit path, then there must be another reason for the guides, right? Something related to that... trap earlier? You watch the right side of the path, and I'll take the left."

Fuka motioned for Laura to travel close beside her as she began to carefully follow the path.

Laura_Ico.jpg

"They're criminals. Said trap could have just been a ruse to get everybody do to their bidding. Doesn't hurt to be careful though." A bit saddened that Fuka didn't continue to converse with her in English, Laura switched back to Japanese herself as she was on the look-out.

Ultimately though, it wouldn't take them all too long to reach their goal unless...?

Well-hidden in a dark bush, a gangly bag of bones that might once have resembled a student licked his lips. He tightened his grip on a thick stick, which had been whittled down to a deadly point, as his eyes followed two delicious looking specimens getting closer and closer. One stab in the neck is all it'd take... and if he'd just waited a little bit longer, there'd be no way the one could react in time.

...but how long had it been since he'd eaten. The hunger gnawed at him, and these two were moving SO SLOWLY. He wanted the fresh meat NOW. Now now now now now now now...
"NOW!"

Fuka froze in place as the frantic shriek pierced her ears and the horrifying husk of a person burst from a nearby bush, rushing them with a makeshift spear. If he'd been more well-nourished, it might've ended differently, but as he was, Fuka had no trouble side-stepping his attack and knocking him to the ground.

"That's horrible..." Fuka commented, stealing a glance at the crazed, foaming figure that had nothing but tattered rags to cover himself with. Without a second thought, Fuka bolted forward, away from the cannibal.

Fuka_Ico.jpg

Laura_Ico.jpg

Disgusting. Laura's eyes had nothing but pure disgust upon the sudden arrival of this trash in human clothing. After his initial attack failed he was laying there. Maybe he bumped his head. Maybe he was too weak. Nonetheless, he had clear intent to kill them which meant...

Without saying a word Laura took the hand-made spear from the Tribal before lifting it upwards, the pointy end aimed at his head. In a sense wasn't it actual mercy?

It didn't take long for Fuka to realize Laura wasn't following her. Before she got too far, she turned in confusion to see Laura about to run him through with the weapon.

"NO!"

Grabbing the nearest hard object she could, Fuka tossed a small rock straight at Laura, hoping it'd distract her before she could perform the deed.

*CLANK*

The hit of the small stone on Laura's shoulder was hard enough that the spears trajectory changed enough to barely graze the unconscious tribal. Making the wooden spear hit the ground. "...?" There was sheer confusion in the blue-eyes face as her attention shifted from the cannibal to Fuka. Taking a few steps back just in case he was about to wake up.

Fuka didn't wait for the rock to hit and immediately ran back to Laura, grabbing the spear from her with a furious glare.

"I realized there would be people like you when I came here, but to see it right in front of my eyes… that's disgusting." She stared Laura down. "I wonder how many people I could save in the long-run if you 'vanished' in these woods right now?"

"What? You think I'm one of 'these guys' taking pleasure in maniacal slaughtering? Oh, please don't kid yourself. He came at me. At us. It's simply a precaution. If you're willing to take a life you should be prepared to lose yours, too." The white-hair didn't seem angry or anything. Just... cold.

Heck, she didn't even seem to care too much about the weapon that was just taken. At the very least Laura didn't feel threatened. It was, after all, silly to feel threatened by a girl who just stopped a killing.

Fuka grit her teeth, pointing the spear back at her threateningly. "I don't care what kind of slaughter it is, or what sick excuse you make for yourself. Someday, we'll be getting out of here, so I suggest you pull yourself together before then."

Disgusted, Fuka tossed the spear to the ground, as several rustling sounds were heard from the distance. With more urgency this time, Fuka sprinted off down the path as the rustling grew closer.

Laura opened her mouth to say something but ultimately saw no point in it as the brunette already ran off. With the rustling of the green announcing the arrival of more savages Laura hurried, too. Sure, she could still add something now, but if she had time to talk while running she clearly didn't run fast enough.

Between the shouts of both the cannibal and Fuka, they may as well have drawn a big red target on their backs. In just seconds, several similarly ravenous figures had burst onto the path and given chase.

In her curiosity, Fuka made the mistake of glancing back for a short moment. Long enough for her to miss her step and fall to the ground like a plank.

A very short glance back was required as Laura put on her internal handbrake as Fuka fell like an idiot. Feeling the bones and muscles in her body revolting as she got to a sudden halt the white-hair kneeled down and pulled the girl up. "Run, now!" She... didn't yell but was certainly a lot more energetic than before.

A second look behind her shoulders revealed the savages to have noted the god sent chance given to them as one took the chance to aim with his spear and throw it…

Fuka accepted the help, but said nothing, not feeling much aside from the panicked need to escape. Perhaps she'd thank her later. Luckily, she was pulled up just in time to evade the spear which lodged itself in the ground where'd she'd been a second ago.

Despite their desperate run for dear life, the horde was spurred on harder by the lure of fresh meat. Just as they'd hit perfect spear-range, the loud sound of gunfire was heard from ahead, and the vicious horde quickly dispersed. Finally, the two reached an underground tunnel opening with a couple guards nearby. The barrels of the smoking rifles followed them suspiciously as the two girls finally made it to relative safety.

[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

No words needed to be exchanged between the two 'late' students and the guards on watch. After all, both of them weren't exactly looking like these savages. Sure there had also been the possibility that Fuka and Laura were actual 'natives' and simply got these clothes from some unfortunate students but such a plan had way too many holes. And either the guards were aware of that or simply didn't care. If a cannibal managed to snag a student and his belongings maybe they'd even be okay with them having a 'second chance'. Heh. Maybe there was, indeed, someone that had been a tribal before in this... institute?

With the immediate danger of death gone Laura finally had a chance to take a closer look around. The white-hair wasn't too sure what she had actually been expecting, but probably not this. Nonetheless, the girl had a promise to fulfill.

Together with Fuka it didn't take them all too long to find the 'booth' where they could claim their parcel and phone - who had neither Forta's nor her own. "What about this one? The last one. It's neither for 'Fuka' or 'Forta' but..." - "Laura." The white-hair cut sharply in. The last thing the white-hair wanted was the brunette claiming the blue-eyes stuff. The helper guy clearly didn't care anymore at this point though was visibly pissed that Laura's absence was the only reason he still had to be on duty. At the very least he was reliable in that sense.

"Yeah, that you? Well, take it. I don't even care anymore. As for your phone have fun figuring out shit yourself. Though, at the very least, I should add that little piece is more important than your life for some. So be careful, yeah?" With that, he simply walked away.

Laura gave a dubious glimpse towards Fuka. The girl who wanted everything had now lost...? "Catch." Was all Laura heard as a certain someone, Nanashi, threw a phone towards Fuka before silently walking off. Well, that was that. Thinking a second about continuing their conversation from before the white-hair ultimately shrugged with her shoulders.

Laura was aware that Fuka wasn't as stupid as she expressed herself to be but she was a Fool nonetheless. And talking about someone like that about something like that would only end in a headache. Giving Fuka a nod as a good-bye Laura, with parcel and phone in her hands, simply turned around and walked off. She could only hope not everybody would be a total asshole and give her some directions... .

@Ehb
@Luma[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka felt her tension slowly relax back to normal as the two wandered further into the mysterious complex. After a great deal of wandering around, however, it finally returned to her at the parcel claim....

"What do you mean, you don't have either of them?! How is that..."

'Possible,' she completed only in her mind, as the whole situation began to piece itself together.

"If she memorized it ahead of time, then either this is a huge coincidence, or that must mean she knew they were going to be..." Fuka started pondering aloud to herself, but she was interrupted as a phone was suddenly tossed her way. Fumbling a bit, she eventually managed to grasp it and keep it from hitting the hard floor.

Fuka glanced off to the side to see Forta, walking away without another word. Her grip on the phone tightened as Forta, and then Laura, vanished around the corner, and her face was awash with a weird mixture of sorrow and joy.

"This really is going to be harder than I thought..."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Monologue, white, solid]

Hey...
When you were a kid what was the most important thing to you?

Was it to be cool?
Was it to have things?
Was it whatever you happened to want at the time?

For me, it was probably something along the lines of the first one. I wanted to be cool. Or more specifically, a hero of justice.
I wanted to be the hero to all the kids who were younger than me at the orphanage.

I stopped bullies.
I hugged those who were crying.
I fought off imaginary monsters...
And braved against the ones that lurked in their hearts.

I could be the one to answer their prayers and wishes all on my own.

Now that I'm older,
When I'm scared or lonely, I delude myself.
I close my eyes and curl into a ball and return to those days.

I can still hear it, their voices brimming with small, dusty, fragile... unmistakably precious bits of hope.
I truly miss it.

In this school where the worst of the worst are sent to in our society.
I want to believe that something good can be etched out of it.

Together with my classmates...
I truly want all of us to someday graduate together.

[/fieldbox]

NeXT

One Month Later...

Hey, have anyone seen Yoshie's phone?

How cruel. How could someone steal something that's so important...
That's hows this place is. Dog eat dog, as they say.
Don't worry, we're all in the same class, so let's all help out Yoshie!
We'll get your phone back, promise!

No way.
I wasn't supposed end like this!

With no phone there is no way to get credits. And now way to verify who you are.
No way to buy what you need, and losing the thing you need to take the Test to leave so early on.
Instead of being stuck here forever... what Yoshie chose was probably the most sensible, as hard as it may be to accept.
It's their own fault for letting it get stolen.

Hey Kuu.
Let's make a deal.

Tell me...

[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Topside, Gardens ]

Afternoon on topside. Dust was shifting aggressively into the air as the sound of breaking and smashing echoed in the yard.
These were the gardens, painstakingly made by the efforts of student gardeners who had to make due with trash and weeds. But the arrangements were so painstakingly sighted and intelligently placed, there was a unique beauty to all of it.

Right now, that fragile beauty was being smashed apart.

"Auuugh! Faaaa-! Somone...! Help! HEEEELP!"

A male student, running for their life. They run through the arrangements, tripping over the carefully manicured weeds and decorations of trash.

"They're crazy! They are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! OH GAO-!!?!?"

Their scream for help is turned into an empty gasp as their body is thrown, causing more damage as a decorative statue crumbles it's trash all over them.

"Aaaack! Y...you bitch...! The hell did I do to you!? Ack... OH GAAH!?!"

Again, they are thrown, their body flops onto the ground again like a sack of rice.

There was no running away.
Fighting back was impossible.
That had already failed.

There was no hope for him.

After paying for some rations, this girl had come out of nowhere and began to aggressively follow him. He was right to be afraid initially - but he ultimately wasn't able to get away from her.

"AAAAGH! What do you want....? WHAT DO YOU WANT!?"

He yelled at a girl. With pale blue locks and purple eyes. No one would belive it if they saw it. This simple looking girl was throwing around a boy of larger size like a toy. The unimpressed expression on her face betrayed the brutality she had committed just now.

"....What the hell did I ever do to you!?" Said the victim as they crawled backward. "I've never met you...! IN yet here you are beating the crap out of me! I.... WHO PUT YOU UP TO THIS!? WHAT KIND OF DAMNED MONSTER ARE YOU! SCREW THIS! SCREW THIS ALL!"

The boy yelled so loudly that specks of drool were flying out of his mouth and running down the side of his mouth.

just as she had been, the girl wordlessly took a hold of the collar of his jacket, and threw him off to the side once more.

"AAAAACK! *HACK* *HACK* You.... You aren't gonna get away with this. The solders on the walls. They're gonna see you through their scopes.... and... BANG! You're Dead! They're going to blow your brains out you stupid broad!"

"Is that so?"

"AAAAAUGH...! BWHACK! *HACK* *HACK*"

The girl, taking a hold of a tuft of the hair on his head, pulled him up to eye level.

"They're not going to care about one person."

"*PHTOO!*"

A mix of salaiva and blood slammed into the girl's face. The boy, grinned defiantly.

"...Screw off."

The girl, with one eye forced closed, continued to look at the boy, unperterbed from the act.

"...An eye for an eye."

"Yeah, you got it. I got you in the eye bitch! In your face bitch!"

"Come on everyone. They said she went this way!"
"Nana-chan!"

"AAAAAAGH! OH MY GAAAAA!!!!!"

The girl leading the others winced in terror hearing the pained scream. But there was no doubt about it. She could see the blue hair, the classmate they were looking for. But, it may have already been too late.

The male student was writing on the ground, holding the side of his head. His hands were trying to hold back the bleeding.

"Nana-chan...! Please...! You need to stop! This isn't right!"

"Ai... everyone..." Forta's expression softened a little. As she held up the small bloody trophy ripped out of the side of the young man's head. "I found him. We can finally avenge Yoshie."

Yoshie.
This was what all of this was about.

To the bystanders looking on with apathy or awe, the boy was a victim. But, for the people of this particular class that Yoshie had been in, he was a thief. And potentially a murderer. He had taken the only way for their classmate to survive in this school. And ultimately drove them to one final solution.

There was no point in living without any way to buy what was needed, or without the only way to verify one's identity.

"So cruel... but... You need to stop! What you're doing right now... Nana! This isn't you! This just isn't you Nana!"

Nanashi answered by driving her foot into the wailing boy's side. As if trying to wedge her shoe into his ribs.

"An eye for an eye. Make this person go through the same thing Yoshie did. While happily munching off rations, we had to do everything we had to to keep Yoshie's spirits up. Convince her that we'd be able to get her phone back. But... we failed. It's too late for Yoshie now. But.... her culprit is still right here. A punishment is still in effect."

For her, this was the natural procession of things.

"I'll make him experience all the same things Yoshie did. All the way to the very end of it."

The month that went by was wholly defined by the pair of shoes and the suicide letter left by an open window in their classroom.

All the teamwork, all the encouragement, all that optimism to get through it together seemed to be falling apart with Yoshie's suicide.

This was the climax.
All that had happened in this month had lead up to this moment.

"...Everyone." Ai said as she turned to those with her. "I... I know I don't deserve to ask you anything after all that's happened, but.... We can't let Nanashi... we can't let Forta go through with this. When she saw what happened to Yoshie she was really affected by it. She had promised Yoshie that she'd help get her phone and wallet back. But that didn't happen. Now... I can tell that her heart's breaking right now!"

"We have to stop her! If this goes on much longer, I don't think she'll be able to go back to the way she was anymore! Please...!"

@_Everyone In General
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

A month in Hisakawa was quite uneventful for Rinne, until the day that Yoshie... One of her classmates got her phone stolen. Rinne tried to give all her support to Yoshie. But it was all for nothing... Yoshie commited suicide. Rinne was quite distraught, as she was trying to find the thief and to no avail... She thought of asking Kuu about it but decided against it.

Until...

Rinne followed Ai, leading everyone on the search Forta. They found her, but the sight was... disturbing. A male student, larger than Forta, holding out the side of his head. Rinne could see it, her strength that was evident by how badly this male student got beaten. The question is, why would Forta beat up this guy? As it turns out, he's the one who stole Yoshie's phone...

Even so, what Forta is currently doing to this thief was too much. Rinne knew this, and she had to stop it. She grips her fist as she heard Ai begging everyone that she brought to stop Forta. Rinne knows she needs to stop this. And so she stepped forward.

"Here comes the Blue Justice!!" She yelled out as she ran towards Forta and attempts to do the typical Showa Era Superhero trademark Entry Kick. Trying to kick Forta away from the thief...

[Substituting Physical Roll With Luck... Roll Result : 1]
[Success]

Rinne managed to push Forta away from the thief. She put her body between Forta and the thief. As if she was shielding the thief.

"N--- Whoever your name is, you may wonder why I... A self proclaimed hero of Justice protected this... Good for nothing thief, you see... Unlike you, I have a line that I wouldn't dare to cross. And that line is to actually execute this scum by myself without everyone's consent." She said as she held her arm wide. She then looked back at the thief.

"Don't think you're safe you scum." She said before returning her gaze to Forta. "How about this? You caught this scum. Let's get him into some sort of trial, the judges are us... Everyone of our class. Whatever the majority of us says, that's this piece of shit's fate." Rinne suggested what she thought would be a better way to solve this.

"And if that helps you, my vote is... we lynch him."

@Ehb
@_EveryoneComeOnComeAllWeLynchThisBoi

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

It always tasted like ash and almonds, the kiss of a cancer stick, but without fail, Banri smoked it anyways. One stick a day until he doubled over and coughed his lungs out. It kept his thoughts quiet, his actions restrained, nicotine the wonder drug that brought everything into crystal clear focus and then draped a hazy, smoky fog over it all.

He gave her leftovers. That was the extent of their relationship. Like a stray cat, he'd see her scrounging about outside the café, salivating over treats that couldn't be bought with upturned eyes alone, and like a disgruntled idiot, he collected scraps untouched by girls worried about calories and handed it over to the scrappy blonde idiot that was perpetually hungry, perpetually wanting.

That was the extent of their relationship, the culmination of Banri's 'kindness'. Closer than acquaintances but not truly friends. So there was nothing but a pit inside his stomach when that letter was found, wind billowing into an empty classroom. A pit easily drowned out with chocolate and cigarette smoke, until it scabbed over.

And now, events were picking at it once more, digging at wounds that hadn't healed properly yet.

Nanashi, a cold mask over seething, boiling anger, so much that the itty-bitty vestiges of her conscience had long burnt away. Blood seeped between her fingers. The strength and the price.

Ai, desperate to stop her friend from going down that route, from digging herself a deeper grave to bury her in, pleading to the rest. So kind and so weak, begging for the aid of a group of criminals, a group of dumbass kids.

And then Rinne, deciding that it was in her best interest to SPIT on all of Nanashi's efforts, trying to steal some of this vengeful glory by turning it into a group decision when she didn't pay the price. Didn't speak to Kuu. Didn't even TALK to that perpetually hungry stray.

Banri took a long drag of the cigarette, before blowing out a stream of white smoke to the blue sky above.

Christ, what a bitch.

Never for a group. Always for an individual.

Ignoring the attempt at democracy from a bitch whose only feat was blindsiding people before trying to avoid the fight that would obviously ensue afterwards, Banri stepped up to the prone Nanashi instead, offering the girl a hand to pull her up. His right hand, to match her bloodied own.

"You did…"

He repressed the urge to snub the smouldering end into that bastard's left eye.

"…well, Nanashi. I didn't pay the price you did for this knowledge, so ignore all this democratic bullshit. You found him. You deserve to choose."

Always for an individual.

"But he neither tore off Yoshie's ear nor pushed her out the window. He didn't toss her around or pull her up by the hair. If this is an eye for an eye, and if you want him to experience what she did…"

Perhaps he was only able to think this clearly because that was the extent of their relationship.

"Break his phone. Spread the word of his tendency towards thievery. And watch him rot."

Dark eyes smouldered as he spat out the burnt out stub.

"Eye for an eye. He hasn't starved to the point of scrounging through trash cans for rotten apple cores yet. He hasn't had the pleasure of sleeping outside during a stormy night yet. He hasn't really experienced anything yet."

But that was the extent of his involvement, and once again, that was the extent of his relationship. With his piece said, he stepped back, dropping his hand. Her price, her power, her prize.
@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.