Hisakawa: NEXT (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Female Cells Deck ]

Fuka completely ignored the complaints and questions for a few seconds, making sure to get everyone. Having done so, she addressed the two who'd reacted quickest.

"Your hair," she pointed to Rinne's head, before meeting her gaze with some delighted surprise. "Oo, and your eyes, actually. See, Blueberry, I remember people better with food nicknames. Now I won't forget." She brought her right pointer finger to her lips. "The numbers are a secret though. A dark truth that must never be revealed."

Turning to 'Vanilla,' Fuka answered with a smirk, "You'd change your number without even understanding the system? Very daring. Besides, five is a respectable score. Or did I say four...? Mm, maybe you're a four-and-a-half," she pondered.

"Anyway, you can call me Cordial if you want. It's a chocolate with a cherry filling, though you can't really find them around these parts." Fuka— or 'Cordial' —glanced around the communal cell for a moment, as if looking for a chocolate shop. Obviously, she failed to find one.

Clasping her hands together in a dreamy expression, she reminisced, "Oh, but what a display of protective care from you guys~! That stand for poor little Snowball, it gives me shivers just thinking about it. I never knew such kindness could come from a place like this." Fuka beamed a warm smile to Vanilla and Blueberry.

"I wish I'd sat next to you guys, instead of—" Fuka cut herself off and a subtle, fearful look showed in her eyes, just long enough for the others to pick up on it before she shook it away. "Ehehe, nevermind. Anyway, it really was very comforting to see. Nice to meet you."

@Skyswimsky
@LowDefinition
@Gal_Group[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Male Cells Deck ]

Hayato laughed and there seemed to be a blush forming on his face as he heard Ryuuichi's words.

"Ryuu-san, I'm sure they were talking about you. After all I'm not the one that sneezed, you did! And us meeting again is quite the coincidence, it might be fate!"

When Hayato heard Toru's reply to him, he merely smirked and rubbed the back of his head in apparent embarrassment.

"Aster, I see… And that is correct. I was so preoccupied with the scuffle that I neglected my meal. By the time we were done, my plate was gone. Well I do hope that whoever took it is satiated. It is fine if they put it to good use, I feel."

At Banri's quip, Hayato grimaced which was soon replaced with a strained smile as he witnessed Aster's subsequent actions. When the fat boy turned belligerent, Hayato spoke in a soft voice.

"Now now, let's-"

He cut himself off as Takashi spoke up.

"Ehhhh, now now let's-"

Once again, he cut himself off as a new male spoke. Hayato nodded as the teenager finished speaking and continued to nod as Ryuu took his turn to speak almost immediately after. Then, Hayato spoke in a soft voice.

"Yes yes, that's a great ide-"

Then it seemed the bully got more preoccupied with Takashi than the stranger who had his arm wrapped around him. Toru then added his own thoughts to the mix.

"Oi, are you threatening me motherfucker? Fine, I'll beat the shit out of you and everyone else here!"

Hayato then spoke loudly towards the bully.

"Now, now, now! Please no need for all this! Please, l implore you to unhand Takashi-san! If you cannot resist the impulse for violence, please unleash it on me!"

At this, the fat teen released his grip from Takashi and looked at Hayato in disgust.

"You… Fucking freak. Even yesterday and today you were…"

The bully shook his head then sighed.

"Whatever, I don't give a shit anymore."

The overweight male went over to his original spot and sat back down, eyes closed. Hayato smiled and bowed a full 90 degrees.

"Thank you very much for not committing violence!"

All Hayato got in response was a shake of the head. Hayato then turned to Takashi, with a concerned expression on his face.

"Are you ok? Your shirt must have gotten stretched. I'm sorry I couldn't come to help sooner. Thank you though for not committing violence as well."

Hayato then did another 90 degree bow towards Takashi. When he got up he looked at the other boys in the cell and bowed again.

"To see all of you demonstrate such self-control in harsh conditions, I am humbled. Though it is not much, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your restraint. Thank you."

When Hayato raised his head, he beamed at them then returned to his spot near the chamberpot and sat down.

@Boy Scouts
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

Well, well, well... the crazy one doesn't seem to understand the grave she's digging herself.

Watching the exchange that followed, the girl with the harsh eyes bores in on Fuka. "Oh so I am one you shall be remembering by name I take it? As the alternative would be saying I am not worth remembering at all? And I would rather use the name you were given than that of some cheap Western food item. Also count not on Kindness from others for nothing in return.."

With a slight edge to her voice Kazuko does not pursue the matter further at least.

Sighing a bit at the girls continued explanation, she was one to keep an eye out for, but there was no point in debating the Lunatic. Moving on she stares at the two who seemed to take the most offense at it. "Well I am given to turning the other way in this case.. Rinne was it? And Raura. Or should I say, Laura? Kekeke!"

Taking note of the Food Girl's antics, Kazuko catches on to the glimpse of fear. Rubbing her right hand under her chin, the question was, was she afraid of something they did, or something she did? Remembering the plate, one of them threw it after all.. And the least sane among them was suspect number one, unless this girl had some redeeming qualities she would be harmed in short order.. Though one thing was for sure now, Kazuko has mispronounced Laura's name on purpose rather than linguistic troubles.

"While these conversations are nice, I think we should gain the attention of the Magic Reader. While I would like to say we can just ignore one another, it's as I said, I believe we shall all end up in the same class or maybe sharing cells or rooms, some comradery is in order, but that can wait till we arrive and we see if I am correct or wrong."

Saying this to the whole cell, they didn't seem to talk very much, or maybe she talked to much, either way it was further proof to be on guard with them all.. It was however not in her nature to just leave things at a stalemate or to the whims of others.. Doing as she suggested Kazuko clears her way to the cell door, peering to the sides while keeping her body low, her right ear cuffed to listen for footfalls. "Guard? I would like some water if possible. Guard?" Receiving no reply in response it seemed the coast was clear. Now how to go about this, was the woman a social superior or an inferior, perhaps it would be best to think of them as equals...

Bowing her head and a portion of her upper body in greeting, Kazuko remains at the doorway and speaks out loudly enough for those in her own and the other cell to hear. Pausing a bit at her name it seemed she was about to say her family name but redirects to her given. "I.. Kazuko humbly request to speak with the one of Green Hair in your cell, my compatriots would like a word with her, and I assume those of you in yonder cell know of whom I speak and why. I suspect some form of payment will be wanted for this..."

@Ehb @Skyswimsky @Luma @LowDefinition @Others.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

"!!!" Laura seemed rather annoyed at the purposefully wrong mention of her name, though rather than lashing out acted it cool. "That's right! Laura! Congratulations. You know how to pronounce it right. I would give you a heroic badge of heroism BUT it just so happens I don't have any with me."

Having said that simple line, rather than now concentrating on the fortune girl like suggested, Laura instead paid more attention to Fuka. "Listen to me, Cordial. Vanilla ice-cream happens to be my favorite flavor! It's as pure as my heroic soul! As for your number... Laura went silent for a few seconds, nodding to herself in confirmation. She continued as if citing something from a book. "A Way of the Hero Part 4: Always aim to be number one! Those who haven't realized your greatness yet simply need more time, or actions, to open their eyes." A few more nods followed to simple underline her statement.

Fuka's sudden change in expressions didn't go unnoticed, but un-commented, as the girl was directly looking into Fuka's face as she talked to her. It took a moron to not realize the sudden shift, though, clearly, Laura was exactly that, no?

@RedArmyShogun
@Luma
@Others
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Edeir, #FF96A0, solid]
fhdfhs_by_hatsunation-dbq993l.png

Edeir stared hard at Piggy as the fat boy ignored him and favour of picking a fight with Glasses before sulking away to his corner after Hayato intervened. Well that was boring. Yes, the effectiveness in which he diffused the situation could be considered admirable, but it was also meddlesome. Because of him, Edeir had lost his chance of making an appeal to Piggy. It wouldn't be his only chance but...

Well, he could add Hayato to the list of nuisances.

But Piggy though… To be such a coward in the face of words, mind, not even Edeir's own words! That was unacceptable. He had half the urge to go and kick some sense into that thick skull but… it wouldn't be any fun to show his cards too soon.

Instead he directed his attention to the boy introducing himself to him, whom he also recognized from the mess hall's bully shenanigans. He remembered he-

"Well it's nice to meet'cha Ryuu! I'd say the same to you too but I don't know your name- hey you have two coloured eyes too! We're practically brothers!"

Tch.

"You guys should meet my friends too, they're pretty cool guys! There's Fuka too and but she's not here since she's a girl… that'd be really awkward if she was!"

It kept talking!

Edeir pushed Aster away in annoyance and took Ryuu's hand for a handshake. "Not anymore it would seem. Ryan, is it? My name is Edeir; the pleasure is yours."

He looked briefly at Hayato addressing everyone with praise for resisting violence, which he thought best to ignore. He was preaching to lambs too scared to commit violence anyway. Unless those around him were also skilled in hiding their true natures, then were merely a lot of cowards just like Piggy, regardless for whatever crime they'd been found guilty for.

Looking back at Ryuu, Edeir tried to match his smile, although it looked a little too smug to be sincere. "Is being a hero tiring work? Perhaps it's just my perspective, but it didn't look as though you were trying too hard to assist in the conflict at hand. I suppose that's not in my place to judge. We all have our reasons for interfering in one affair over the other."

@DurkPut @Love @alldaboysindaclub
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

[ October 1st, Midday / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Mess Hall ]

Banri got a good laugh out of Aster's overreactions, at least, comfortable in his own little corner of the jail cell that was free of the unborn children of adolescent criminals. But everything that followed? Oh geez, that spoiled his mood much too quickly, from crass insults of one's penis size that could be resolved easily if they just took their pants off and actually measured them side by side (no homo) to aggression that didn't get resolved at all. And Toru. Fucking Toru trying to be a peacemaker by involving everyone in on this fight?

Gods above, the raven-haired youth, pale and feeling very much like vomiting all over those overtalkative assholes, wondered if all criminals enjoyed talking this much. Had he somehow been tossed into a pen with conmen and other white-collared criminals? Were they all amoral high school geniuses that took their personal experiments too far?

A glance towards the fat guy and Asuta confirmed that at least not all of them were narcissistic manipulators…unless it turned out fat boi was going to be a freshman from Tokyo University before his unusually sadistic animal experiments were discovered, and that white-boi was actually a criminal kingpin feigning vulnerability, stupidity and cowardice so that others would underestimate and pity him.

Seemed to be working, what with all these peacemaking troublemakers bursting out of the woodwork.

"Tch." Banri's eyes narrowed. He could feel it, the feigned apathy that hid a fermenting hatred. That wasn't gonna be good. "Just be a man and take your punch next time, Asuta. You lose more by being a pussy…but if you wanna be the shower room urinal, keep it up."

Unfriendly advice from someone who really didn't want to get involved in a justice circlejerk formulated by criminal scum.

@DurkPut @otherbois
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Toru, #addba7 , solid]

Toru_Ico.jpg

Toru frowned as the fatty seemed to misinterperet his request. The bully was mad enough to threaten everyone. "Number's game..."

Hayato continued to request for someone to hit him. Perhaps it was a technique to pacify him by weirding him out. It proved useful, as Shibo went back to his little corner to sulk. Hayato spoke vocally about the success of no violence. "Indeed!" Toru nodded.

The posh one named himself Edeir. Though, Toru had noticed. A little disturbed by Aster's conversational abilities. Toru always found it was good for everyone to speak their mind, all opinions were valid afterall. Edeir continued with pointing out, at least in Edeir's opinion, that Ryuu had not done much to solve the little quarrel.

"Pushing one to be a hero? Now, that helps no one. Everyone should be comfortable with their actions."

"Just be a man and take your punch next time, Asuta. You lose more by being a pussy…but if you wanna be the shower room urinal, keep it up."

Toru let out an audible sigh. "I can sense, Banri. That you are not happy. Your words aren't helping. It seems from your words that you are irritated by people assisting one another?" He placed a finger to his lips. "If that's the case..."

Toru leapt to his feet, standing before Banri before a moment had passed. A grin from ear to ear. He planted his foot hard right next to Banri's head.

"You better shut your mouth fuckface! Unless you want to be pissing blood for a month!"
Toru growled, a mad gleam to his eye. "That goes to you too, big tits!" His head snapped to the whale. Teeth barred, He slammed his hand against the pest's chest. Forcing the shitstain against the bars. "Otherwise things could get FUCKING GORY!" He screamed, spit flying.

"See?" His shoulders dropped as he stepped back, "Imagine if I went like that? That type of language helps nothing towards the situation." His voice returned to his regular calm tone. Sitting back to his spot, he crossed his legs again. "Violence never solves anything."

[spoili](Otherwise nothing will improve." He let out a little smile. "Just like now, with Aster. We solved it didn't we? If we went the way you wanted to. They would still be at eachother throats."

"If you keep going like that, you might alienate your fellow peers. And in the unfortunate circumstances that a bad person threatens you again. You might find..." Toru gave a sad glance to Banri. "There's nobody there to help you."

Toru closed his eyes again, his hands in a praying motion. "And if you cannot see that now, that's okay. Everyone can learn, that's part of growing up. I believe in you!")

[/spoili]

@ERode @Hatsunation @Alltheotherlads!Somanytotaaag~[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Aster, #99CCFF, solid]
Aki_Ico.jpg

Aster nodded to what Toru had said before suddenly feeling the boy Edeir shove him away. 'What's your-' he began before silencing himself. He didn't want to pick another fight person so quickly, if at all. The best thing to do would be to keep quiet and try to figure out what he was about. Why was be so friendly with him only to shove him a moment later? It might have had something to do with refusing physical contact but if that was the case that was really creepy and he was all the more happy to have done what he did.

He looked at Edeir curiously for a moment before smiling once more and addressing Hayato, 'I think we should thank you too! Twice I've seen you get into the middle of things no questions asked and not get punched in the process! That's quite an achievement to me.' The brown haired teen felt genuine to him. He seemed like he really cared about other and despite not seeming to have the strength or wits to back him up, he still did. It was admirable to the coward who'd been trembling in fear in a corner just minutes ago.

He heard Banri say something to him and was about to retort when Toru of all people stepped in. He thought he would do his normal giving everyone good life lessons before he suddenly… changed. To put it simply, Aster was terrified of the sudden tone shift the meek nerd had. Where was that coming from? Just a quickly he returned to normal, as if it was nothing but a daydream. If it was, then why was he holding his breath? He was in daze try to still process what had just happened when Toru addressed him(or rather it seemed he was; he was super freaked out), causing him to jump out his skin.

'I-' He began, not quite what sure to say. He wanted to say to Toru that Banri didn't deserve that and by going so far to prove a point didn't help. He wished he could ask Banri if he was ok and help him but he couldn't move. All he could do is simply nod his head in agreeance to Toru's statement and hope he didn't turn to him to make sure his message really sunk in.

If he couldn't step up and do the right thing the least he could do is try to divert everyone's attention to something else. Yes, he'd just have them all do what he was best at: pretending nothing was wrong. 'Hey!' Aster shouted to get everyone's attention, feeling quite nervous, 'you know it occurred to me we're going to be spending a lot of time together so we oughta get to know each other better, don't you think? Maybe we can talk about ourselves to even share stories around the campfire, but you know, there's no campfire so we'll just have to pretend- wait!' He walked to the center of the cell knowing what he was doing was corny even to him but maybe it'd lighten the mood a bit? He reached into his pocket and took out a stub of chalk covered in bite marks before drawing a crude campfire on the floor. Near the others he decided to draw fake sticks with marshmallows, hotdogs, and other goodies people would have before sitting cross legged on the floor. He whipped off the chalk in his pant leg before tossing it in his mouth as casually as one would with popcorn before forcefully grinning at the others.

'So who wants to go first?' Aster asked.

@Hatsunation @Rithas @ERode @Illin @sausagemeeting
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

The oddball ignored Rinne's complaint and continued to name everyone. Rinne clenched her fist, upset that she was ignored. And then before she made up her mind to punch the brown haired oddball, she turned to Rinne.

Hearing her reasoning, Rinne raised an eyebrow, even though she kept showing her displeased emotion. 'Why is she remembering people with food names?' Rinne thought to herself. And then she introduced herself as 'Cordial'. Though at the mention that she admired what Rinne and Laura did before, standing up against the bullies for Ai. Rinne lightened up, she let go of her fist, although she still shows displeasure.

Rinne noticed that Fuka showed some glimpse of fear. Although she wouldn't comment on it, though she was curious on why Fuka would fear anyone, other than maybe Kazuko, the talkative weeb who seemed to be showing some intimidating aura.

Rinne would then raised her hand, and give a soft friendly slap on 'Cordial's forehead. "That's for calling me Blueberry. I have a proper name you know, and I prefer to be called Rinne instead of Blueberry." Rinne said with a pout. "Though I do admit I look like a blueberry." She continued with a mumble, but it was quite audible for 'Cordial' and Laura. "But thanks for the admiration..." She said, acknowledging 'Cordial's admiration.

@Luma
@Skyswimsky
@Others

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Morning / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Female Cell Deck]

The same.... class. They were all in the same class, even the boys. At least that's what Kazuko thinks. But still, after what they all tried to do to help Nanashi, that made Kuni feel the slightest bit better. Kazuko asked why they should even bother asking anything at all, but Kuni really just wanted to ask the mysterious fortune telling girl what would happen next. It was curiosity.

But in the next moment Kazuko checked for guards and then turned to the others to tell them to ask something already.

However, before Kuni could reply to that, someone put a hand on her head. "Bubblegum - 9."

"Huh? What-"
Fuka then finished her process and realized that Fuka did this to everyone. The common link was the color of food to their hair.

Kuni was mostly confused as to the number. Kuni had the highest number out of everyone? Was that a bad thing? A good thing? Laura asked for her score to be one. You don't know if it's points or not...

"Are these maybe nicknames, maybe? I don't think I've never been given a nickname based on my hair color before though..."

Kuni simply watched as Fuka explained the system a bit more. Kazuko spoke up about talking to the magic fortune telling girl and then turned to ask if the other girl required some kind of payment. Kuni made the realization that unless the girl liked useless information about anime, Kuni probably couldn't pay the toll.

"Uhm Laura-san... we should probably focus on talking to the fortune teller then sort out the nicknames. We only have until the guards get back and we don't know exactly when that is."

Rinne complained about the nickname too, but Kuni really couldn't complain. Bubblegum was pretty innocuous as far as nicknames go. Kuni was dying to know why she had gotten such a high score, but that would really have to wait.

So she turned to move next to Kazuko to talk to the fortune teller instead.

"We heard a rumor that the green haired girl in your cell can give out fortunes, so if she doesn't mind, we would like to ask her about it. B-but if she's not interested in doing it right now or is too tired to that's fine."

Kazuko's inquiry had pretty much covered everything Kuni had wanted to tell them, so until the girl answered them, there wasn't much else Kuni could add. Plus, her own question was no doubt the same as Kazuko's. What is going to happen next? That's what everyone was waiting for with baited breath anyway. Was Hisakawa going to be every bit the hell that ship had been? Was is going to be worse?

@Ehb
@RedArmyShogun
@Luma
@Skyswimsky
@Girls_Group
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Ryuu, #e34234, solid]
Ryuu_Ico.jpg

After Hayato's constant goading to end the ongoing violence, fat bully Shibo finally lost interest in smashing some skulls and let Takashi go.
The overall atmosphere, while still tense, has pretty much deescalated from the previously explosive situation thanks to Hayato's weird approach.

The introductions continued soon thereafter.
The blond boy, introducing himself Edeir, handled Aster, whose introduction was cut off, roughly and proceeded to shook Ryuu's hand in an abrupt manner. Ryuu couldn't help but to let out a chuckle and another smile, seemingly amused by Edeir's behavior,
"Certainly mister Edeir, the pleasure is all mine. And by all means, you can call me Ryan if it helps you to spell my name. It seems that you are not from the orient so our names might sound confusing to you"

"Is being a hero tiring work? Perhaps it's just my perspective, but it didn't look as though you were trying too hard to assist in the conflict at hand. I suppose that's not in my place to judge. We all have our reasons for interfering in one affair over the other."

"Pushing one to be a hero? Now, that helps no one. Everyone should be comfortable with their actions."

Edeir seems to be unsatisfied with Ryuu, doubting his intention to help deescalate the situation. Meanwhile, Toru jumped to Ryuu's defense. Following the exchange between Edeir and Toru, Ryuu slightly waved his hand to Toru, a signal for him to stop.
"It's alright mister Toru, certainly mister Edeir here has placed quite an expectation on myself"
He took a slight bow and nodded his head, his expression is that of a slight guilt, a gesture of apology,
"I am very sorry that I did not live up to your expectations. I myself, am far from being a hero, mister Edeir, but it pleases me that you did expect me to become one"
Continuing with a smile, Ryuu looked back to his friends before addressing Edeir again,
"I will keep your words in my heart. Perhaps in the near future I would be of some help to my friends. Thank you, mister Edeir"

And then it suddenly happened.
Toru snapped...... Or not.
Poor Aster freaked out and awkwardly tried to change the subject.

And look at this Toru boy, he had the galls to drop some moral lessons after displaying such an unsightly behavior. This boy is an absolute riot I'd say! Why would you deliberately stir up the pot when the water surface has calmed? This is so nostalgically cringy I want to go back in time and experience mental puberty again! You know, like when you tried to show off to your crush kind of thing.

Regardless, this is actually a nice change of pace Ryuu. These small fries have that certain charm, that edgy puberty thing going on. Loner wolves, mean comments, violence, theatrics, showing off and flaunting their know hows.
These kids have their own ego and madness locked up within. If left untreated, explosions of clashing egos would soon follow in this cell. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.
These kids got it. These kids can provide the entertainment I wanted to see.
I mean, oldass pros like you always sing about morals, codes of conduct, blah blah blah shit I got so fucking sick of it.
I want me some hot-blooded action scenes, brawls, fisticuffs, not boring ass lectures about ethics and courtesy to other people because of how easy it is to end their lives.

Now, I wonder how Shibo and Banri would react, no sane man would remain silent after being spontaneously threatened and pushed around. That is, unless it's a scripted fight, or boring pussies like you, Ryuu.

"DID YOU JUST PUSH ME AROUND, YOU FUCKING NERD?!"

Hahahahah! I knew it! Look at him go! Fat boy here got so angry his muscles all swole up! You can even see veins popping up on his head! He's hungry for blood man!

'So who wants to go first?

"I'm going to go first and pop this boy's head off!"

He's going for Toru! And there's nothing you can do, Ryuu!

"Yare yare daze..."

Hey, don't you roll up your sleeves and interfere now. Let these kids take care of the mess they created themselves.

@Hatsunation
@DurkPut
@Rithas
@sausages

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

[ October 1st, Midday / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Mess Hall ]

His heart beat.

Anxiety and anger boiled together in the pit of his stomach, fuelling the revulsion that made him want to retch the contents of his stomach out as Toru jeered, making an example in the worst possible manner. Lukewarm spit splattered against his face as the boy went on and on and on, managing to draw two people into the confrontation at once. Was he gonna do it? Was he really gonna do it? Was this two-faced maniac of a fuckwad actually, seriously, honestly going to do it?

His heart beat and beat and beat.

Toru didn't do it. All smiles again, as if saying 'it's just a prank' would justify anything to an absolute stranger that had just been spat on and lectured. As if he understood everything. As if he understood anything.

The fury was there. The hatred was there. And the speech continued on, long after the bastard removed his foot at walked away. Ah, this was what he hated in the depths of his soul. Getting up as Toru walked away, apparently unconcerned with the two people who he threatened and pissed off equally, Banri followed him, stepping over Aster's chalk drawings. If it wasn't for that, maybe he would have taught the white-haired kid how to solve Sudoku puzzles. If it wasn't for that, maybe he wouldn't be risking so much. If it wasn't for that, maybe he would overlook Toru's propensity towards lecturing everyone.

But it was for that.

Banri pushed past a seething Shibo, brought a foot back, and kicked Toru in the gut.

He could taste it. The copper warmth of summers in stuffy clubrooms.

Never above the collarbones. Never below the belt. Another kick.

He could smell it. The heady stench of squid in stuffy clubrooms.

Unsatisfying. He could do more. But that wouldn't be nice.

He could hear it. The bored groans and lazy moans in stuffy clubrooms.

Banri remained standing there. A third? A third? A third?

Was Toru going to get up, even from this, fists flying and eyes wild? Behind Banri, Shibo came up, wanting a piece of the shit-pie.
@DurkPut @Rithas @maiboishibo @otherbois
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=, white, solid]

Watching from a tablet, the security guards eyed over the situation going on in one communal prison cell on the male deck.

The snickered among one another, and bet upon whether the situation would end with a single dead body or none.

These fools provided all the entertainment in the world through the clashing of their varied and sometimes aggressive egos.

@_Boyzgrouppe
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

At first, it seemed like Kuni and the others were in agreement to try to contact the Fortune Teller that miraculously was across the room from them - even Kazuko made it clear there was an opertunity to try contacting her with the hallway clear of guards at that moment. But then that girl made herself known.

What is wrong with this person?

That was the first impression Nanashi had of the girl whom had taken time to give everyone in the cells food nicknames and a number of dubious meaning. As wielded out as she was by the way this girl acted, she said nothing. Say nothing and stay apart of the background. In this world where sticking out could only you a target, staying out of trouble was the best course of action.

In yet, here was this one girl, who cared not for any of that or anyone, it seemed. Save for being aware of Kazuko's pressureful aura.

Laura went along with the ridiculous play, seeming to be unhappy with the labels bequeathed to her. Rinne followed suit, and all focus shifted from there away from contacting that Fortune Teller.

She was impressed by them all protecting Ai AKA. Snowball, apparently.
For a moment, Nanashi imagined Hayato saying similar lines in regards to championing friendship and justice. It wasn't unique to him either, but what they did share was that uncertainty and unease.

Would you trust someone who you soley knew at the person who threw a plate in to a crowd for no apparent reason?
Maybe she was just doing it 'For the Lulz' as Lulsec famously proclaimed during the bombings a couple years ago.

Nanashi still didn't know what to make of this person. Just watching this first exchange from her to the others, there were only more questions being raised with each moment.

In whispers, Ai told Nanashi that she didn't trust this person at all.
She didn't even bother to introduce herself before ranting on about how her naming and number system work.
She was probably, to some degree, insane. Dropped on the head at childbirth. Or had one too many narcotics made of commercially available materials. Nonetheless, none of that really mattered.

The look in Ai's eyes were completely distrustful to this girl. There was no need for her to say anything to Fuka to get that point across.

Nanashi looked away from Fuka's antics just as Kazuko and Kuni again focused efforts back onto trying to contact the fortune teller girl.

"I.. Kazuko humbly request to speak with the one of Green Hair in your cell, my compatriots would like a word with her, and I assume those of you in yonder cell know of whom I speak and why. I suspect some form of payment will be wanted for this..."

"We heard a rumor that the green haired girl in your cell can give out fortunes, so if she doesn't mind, we would like to ask her about it. B-but if she's not interested in doing it right now or is too tired to that's fine."

The girls in Nanashi's cell, and the girls in the cell across looked towards one another from across the hall. The latter have the former some rather dirty looks for being in the same room as someone so outwardly weird.

"The formal one is correct. A Fortune of any value would most absolutely would require a payment."

The girl sitting against the bars with the long green hair shifted. She looked at the two who called out to her from over her shoulder.

"As such, I... Kuuyari am braced to be amused at what you could possibly offer to me considering we shouldn't have anything on us beyond our prisoner number and the attire we're equipped with."

True enough, most of their belongings were stripped away from them when they boarded the boat. Those and their luggage exchanged for a slip of paper with their prisoner number. Presumably, they'd get it back at the island, using that same paper.

But right now, what would they even have to exchange? If this girl was as greedy as it sounds, it seemed like it was hopeless, unless she could be convinced otherwise...

@Luma
@RedArmyShogun
@Karyra
@_Gulzgroup

[/fieldbox]

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 8: Feat Rolls

At this moment, The Feat Rolls Feature is now available! Please remember that checking in with Ehb in the dicord when you want to do a feat roll is totally okay, and even encouraged at the start to make sure we have the right idea about how to go about it.

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 8: Feat Rolls
Feat Rolls are player attempts at performing an action whose outcome is uncertain. By default, when you perform an in character action that creates or affects an outcome, how it resolves is up to the whims of the GM. But what if it's something that you REALLY want to turn out well?

Remember how characters have Grades in regards to their Physical, Intuition, and Luck characteristics? These are utilized in Feat Rolls! The simplest way to explain it is that major actions such as getting into a fight with someone, or trying to persuade someone, or even something like playing an in character game of chess, can all be associated with a Grade Characteristic of a character! That grade characteristic is used to determine the chances of success in a following dice roll.

The Grade Characteristics, and their Associated Probabilities are listed below:

A - 50% success rate (1/2)
B - 33% success rate (1/3)
C - 25% success rate (1/4)
D - 13% success rate (1/8)
S - Practically Guaranteed success rate. This is applied to NPC and GM Characters.

Note that Success Means Hitting the Number 1 when you roll.

Most of the time, these actions will fall into either the Physical or Nonphysical category. Which directly correspond to the Physical and Intuition Grades respectively. Additionally, the Luck grade is a wildcard of sorts. It's value can be used in place of Physical or Intuition roll. So a lucky character who is otherwise unlikely to do well in a situation can try to use Luck to improve their chances. So Luck can replace a grade stat. But not twice in a row. (you must do a roll normally the next time).

When do I Perform a Roll?

Lets give you an IC situation:
The school menace has your best friend by the neck and is holding them in the air. Oh no! That person is now walking to the window! Threatening to lob them out the window! Something has to be done or else your friend will get seriously hurt, or even worse!

The Critical Requirement

How would you go about resolving this situation? Suppose you decide that you're going to try to stop this person by taking hold of them and stopping them - or maybe you're going to land a clean strike to their head to knock them out cold. Notice something? Aside from the fact that it's obvious this falls under the Physical category of Feat Roll there is also something more important. There is an obvious action performed and intended outcome of that action. This is a critical requirement for a Feat Roll as it allows the GM or Player Character to know what kind of outcome to write. Of course, once you have made all that clear in your post, you post your post, then 'roll a dice' on that new post and let the statistics do their work! Remember to make that dice roll based on the character's respective Grade Category!

Think of the Possibilities!

But you know... just knocking that person out is sort of boring. Suppose you actually listened to what was going on. The bully is mad because they believe your best friend hurt the kitty cat that lives out by the library and he's out for blood! Honestly, you have no idea who hurt it but you know it's not your friend! It's obvious that someone is trying to set your friend up, and beating up that bully will only make things worse! What if you tried to persuade them that it wasn't your friend? What if you convinced the bully that the cat must've just gotten itself hurt, or better yet, if that narcissistic pretty boy the next class over did it? If you were successful in that kind of roll, what kind of interesting things would happen then? Be sure to consider the potential results or backlash of whatever action you take. As the world will no doubt be affected by it.

Be Reasonable!

What if you used your persuasion power to convince the bully to jump out of the window themselves instead? No that's not going to happen. Make sure your action makes sense in context. The GM reserves the right to negate an attempt deemed illegal or inappropriate.

Be Responsible!

Fudge it, I'm just going to persuade them but not roll! And then the GM messages you to make a roll for persuasion. Again, the GM reserves the right to request the player to make a Feat roll if the action they're attempting is deemed to need one. Failure to comply can lead to the GM having your IC posts ignored.

You could theoretically get out of rolling a Feat Roll by having your character do nothing at all ever but that'd be your character pretty much being a glorified npc, it's all about that initiative!

What is Initiative?

Initiative in the name of a rule saying "you cannot try to "counter a successful roll with a new roll of your own." Meaning if someone fights you, and they are successful, then the fight is already decided. You can roll an attempt to escape, but the fact that you lost is set in stone at that point. For that reason, it can be said that the rp rewards pro-activeness as opposed to passiveness!

But also be weary. In this current scene, if a character tries something as broad as (Tries to convince Kuuyari to give a free fortune) if they fail that roll then that might be the end of that attempt, and might potentially offend that character affecting further encounters!

In Summary the Important Things to Note of Feat Rolls

• A Feat Roll Should Be Done When Appropriate.
  • Luck can replace a Grade Stat, but not twice in a row.
  • The Attempted Feat should make sense In context.

Feat Rolls can be used against the World + NPCs or even against other Player Characters. The results of a feat roll are typically written in the IC (in the GM's following post) or is posted in the Discord in the event that the GM isn't directly related to the scene.

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka internally sighed in disappointment, but tried hard to not let it show on her face. Neither of them had taken the bait as well as she'd hoped. Oh well, she'd try again later; perhaps with more bluntness.

"Ahah, Vanilla, you'd either have to swallow a red pill or get a black eye to be the one. Not worth it. Not at all." She shook her head at Laura for extra impact. "A hero code though? In a place like this, you hold on to a code like that? No wonder..." 'Cordial' trailed off into a silent ponder.

"Oww." The exclaimation was more from surprise than actual pain. "Fine, fine. But when I forget that you're a Rinne and go back to Blueberry, don't get all offended. Fuka, Cordial; Rinne, Blueberry: they're the same to me."

Fuka's attention was then drawn to the other cell as cross-hallway communications were opened, noting Snowball's dagger-like glare for a quick moment before a fortune teller tried to sell her services.

"People actually believe that stuff...?" She mused softly such that only Rinne and Laura could hear. "Hmm..."

"Hold on just a moment!" Fuka declared loudly to the green-hair in the other cell. "Of all people, you, Spearmint? You actually claim to have the gift of the mystic eye? To have trained in the ancient practices of divination. The unseen code of the universe?" Fuka placed her hand on her hip and approached the bars, pointing an accusing finger across the hall, "I've seen a lot of false-reading extortionists in my day, but disrespecting the art in a jail of all places?"

She turned to the side and shrugged, "Besides, anyone of real merit always offers a free trial to ensure quality and accuracy. On that note, I've foreseen a powerful storm in the near future. Consider that your one and only free trial from a real fortune teller."

Fuka turned to lean on the wall, arms crossed, grinning at the green-haired girl with absolute confidence that could also be described as smug. When she'd spent her time on deck, there was no sign in the sky of any sort of storm on the horizon, so to those with doubt, it only be defined as a wild guess.

But then again, there was the slim chance that later that night....

@Skyswimsky
@LowDefinition
@Ehb
@gal_group[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Morning / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Female Cell Deck]

How much was it worth knowing?

"As such, I... Kuuyari am braced to be amused at what you could possibly offer to me considering we shouldn't have anything on us beyond our prisoner number and the attire we're equipped with."

How much debt should they accrue? What kind of debt? They really did have nothing. Except... Kuni had two options here. But one probably wouldn't work was on the surface much more self serving. You can't just ask them to be friends as a form of payment, after all. Kuni really didn't think that perfect strangers being friends was beneficial to Kuuyari.

But owing her a favor... what kind of favor should Kuni owe? Fuka pointed out that there was a good chance that this was all scam, anyway. Kuni should just leap into a large favor right away. No doubt, there would be some haggling involved here, but as long as only Kuni owed a favor, it would be fine. The others didn't seem to want a fortune, so having them owe something seemed wrong. Kazuko could, as the samurai was asking with her, but Kuni would rather not.

"Is a favor okay? I can owe you a favor, within reason of course, but I hear favors are powerful allies when you're in prison. Who owes you could help go a long way. So," Kuni paused, and adjusted to using more formal language. "Would a favor from myself be sufficient payment for you? As I believe in your power, unlike my cellmate. I would rather take a chance on you being correct than sitting in ignorance."

Even if it was all a scam... Kuni would take this chance. Her heart said to jump at opportunities. And this was too big a chance to simply pass up. So Kuni would jump headfirst into accruing debt with the fortuneteller, hoping that her speech and praise would let her exchange a favor for a fortune. Plus, if she spent more time with the fortuneteller, then they would no doubt end up friends.

@Ehb
@RedArmyShogun
@Luma
@Girls_Group
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

"Kuuyari is it? So you do want payment in trade." Pausing to consider, Kazuko didn't know why she was even bothering with this, it wasn't like she had anything she wanted to know, well minus one small question in regards to some pigmentation issues, but that was more for a Doctor than a so-called psychic. Naturally the nutcase had something equally insane to suggest and ask. chances are she would be dismissed out of hand for her attempt, likely only angering the girl in the process.

"I do wonder however, short of us all agreeing to be silent, how any truely useful information can be passed. If you are a mind reader, psychic, or a very good information broker, then you know just who I am. So I offer my services of equal value, like my compatriot here, a favor if you will. Provided you hold my words true. Otherwise I could barter some lunch or other items for a time or two, once we see our new home.. The value of the return should equal the exchange. At the very least you would have curried my favor, kekeke, for what that is worth in this rat's nest."

Stepping away from the bars to let the other have a go, she wasn't all that interested in this as some of the others were, if her intuition failed her in this attempt, then that would be that. "If your ill spoken Omen brings about a storm on us so close to shore, your self worth will be the least of your concerns.. Once we are on land I care not, but you invite the wrath of the Kami upon us in your jests."

Kazuko says flatly staring at the strange girl in response.
@Ehb @Luma @girlscell

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Takashi, #4d4dff, solid]

Takeshi_Ico.jpg

Takashi's goading worked marvelously, though likely to anyone else he appeared suicidal or akin to a warrior of justice protecting the weak. He wasn't quite so noble however, nor so daft. Every decision had a theory or a plan justifying it, Takashi was a man of logic and rationality, after all. From how the fat kid carried himself, he was likely some stooge-level delinquent, using his superior weight to exert an authority over others. Who knows, maybe he raped a girl. Either way, he didn't have the feeling of a murderer or someone with enough gall to be permanently wary of. However, the bully's switch in aggression did not go unnoticed by some.

There was another boy in the cell who seemed keen to attempt a mediation. Blonde with—heterochromia? How interesting. His logic was as well rather akin to Takashi's own. In return to Edeir's attempt at diplomacy, the glasses-wearing boy simply smiled. What the smile meant was anyone's guess, but it certainly showed that Takashi wasn't worried. Soon enough, more intervened and the delinquent moved on. However, despite what one might have expected, Takashi's smile disappeared. Whatever the four-eyed criminal was planning, he certainly didn't expect the whale to be weirded out to passiveness.

After Hayato's intervention, the boy approached him to express worry, to which Takashi merely shook his head as he straightened his shirt. "As I stated in the lunch room, I do not much care for physical violence. Good job to you, though. I suppose Ghandi's approach remains reliable," He remarked.

As the situation seemed heading back to pleasantries among the less hardened of the inmates, yet again escalation arose. The boy Toru seemed to be trying to make a point, though the ones he lectured either didn't see it or didn't care. He aggravated not only the bully, but as well the one known as Banri who appeared damn near disgusted with the lot of them. This was met by a full assault by Banri. Another conflict, yet this time Takashi did not intervene. It was one thing to try halting an action from being committed, but trying to negotiate an act already started just wasn't possible, least not until they were all tired of it. Besides, this Banri differed greatly from the fat ass, or so he appeared to be. He was someone to be more wary of.

With a sigh, it seemed the rest of these people didn't have any tact. At least when Takashi took aggro for Aster, he wasn't doing so blindly, he had a way out. However, it seemed Toru's little act did nothing but trigger those that could do nothing but throw fists and feet. Honestly, Takashi agreed. If one truly has power, they are capable of drawing others to their side without the use of physical force. Toru made a mistake in trying to use reason with dimwits and imbeciles. While a propagator of discussion, there are always those who need logic beaten into them.

"You know, Aster-san. He isn't exactly wrong, nor precisely correct. Recall how I mentioned my motive of survival at the table?" Takashi inquired. "Lions hunt caribou, but never porcupines. The lion can quite easily kill both, but it doesn't bother with the latter because it gives it trouble." Aster was too passive. He acted like prey, and because of that he'd be treated as such by neanderthals like this. All the same, depending on how Toru reacted to this, he would either be looked upon as an equal later and treated as a threat or be used a stress ball whenever these children needed to hit something.

@Illin
@DurkPut
@nddaboys
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

"'An achievement' and 'Ghandi's approach remains reliable', huh..."

He mumbled while sitting down in his spot. Hayato looked at the interactions between the various boys with a small smile on his face. That didn't last long as it disappeared and replaced with a concerned expression as Toru started on his loud act. He stood up and started to move towards the two but stopped when Toru did.

Aster seemed speechless but then tried to change the subject, withdrawing chalk from his pocket. Hayato smiled as he saw the chalk lines turn into drawings. He blinked several times as he saw Aster casually toss the chalk into his mouth and speak as if nothing had happened.

"Ehh o-"
"I'm going to go first and pop this boy's head off!"

Yet Banri struck first, with the fat boy looking to get a piece for himself. Takashi seemed unperturbed by the escalating scenario and calmly spoke to Aster.

Hayato moved in front of Toru, arms spread wide, face facing Banri and the plump boy.

"Now now now. I told you that I should be the one to get hit if you gentlemen couldn't resist the urge to do so. And Toru-san was merely illustrating a point!"

Immediately after saying that, Hayato stripped. He took off his shirt and shirt jacket along with his jeans, placing them near his feet. He was left only wearing his black boxers.

Hayato didn't have a six pack nor did he seem overly fit; on the contrary, he seemed to look lanky. No, the most prominent features were the blue and purple bruises all over his body. They were all different sizes and looked like they were made by all various sort of things.

"So please, go ahead! Avoid the face and the other areas not hidden by my clothing! Wouldn't want you guys to get in trouble! I-"

"You sick fuck! Fucking stop!"

The corpulent male trembled and pointed a finger at Hayato.

"Yesterday you did the exact same shit! For people who you just met you just let the shit get beaten out of you! I fucking saw you smiling and even thanking them for not hitting each other! What the fuck is wrong with you?! You think being a substitute will work this time?! Move and let me get at him!"

At this, Hayato tilted his head and furrowed his brow as if in confusion at the boy's yelling.

"Huh... Silly me I forgot to ask Toru-san if he wanted my assistance. How haughty of me to assume so. I did ask properly yesterday, I wonder why I forgot today..."

Hayato turned his head to look at Toru once more.

"Did you want my assistance? And this may be presumptuous of me to say Toru-san, but please feel free to hit me as well if you need to. I do not wish to see such fine people come to blows!"

@Crack open a cold one with the boise
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

The attention in the cell shifted. From the ridiculous food-titling girl to, finally, the Fortune Teller. Laura gave a small sigh. As much as she wanted to have nothing to do with the green-hair it was a rescue in disguise. There was no need to react to what just happened moments ago. Everybody was listening to Kuu.

As if someone could tell the future. It was a lot of hogwash and Laura couldn't believe that everybody in the cell, including the Weeb, was going along with it. On top of that the girl even demanded a payment? Just...

On one side the blue-eye was happy that she was, theoretically, finally capable of getting some peace of mind without anyone caring. On the other side however, what was she even scared of? Closing her eyes and inhaling and exhaling calmly the white-hair rid herself of any surfacing malicious thoughts. The sooner she'd get some space for herself the better.

"A bunch of nonsense!" Laura declared loudly as she pointed her finger at Kuuyari. "As if anyone could predict the future or some sort of Fortune! On top of that you're trying to scam us all?! A truly evil deed indeed!" Exactly. Looking into the future was not possible. The green-hair simply talked nonsense. To give her argument some more weight she added.

"Anyone can do what you do! Telling someone they'd meet their future husband, or wife, on a day they wear red-shoes?! Oh surprise suddenly said someone is wearing red-shoes every. single. day." The white-hair had said all that without sounding really mean, but rather making it clear that what Kuu claimed was simply... stupid! Yeah. To top it off however she added in a silly manner. "And don't think just because you have super awesome green hair that I would go easy on you!"

@Ehb
@Others
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

Fuuka Attempted to: "Predict a Powerful Storm in the near future"
The result is yet to be seen!

Kuuyari responded to the the girl who called her out.

"To begin, anyone who offers a free demonstration of any sort is basically baiting you into their scheme. People who really do know what they're doing let other people advertise for them. Secondly: People who really know their craft simply let others advertise their services for them. Tis much easier in my opinion."

Kuuyari lazily let her cheek rest against her shoulder. Her expression was blatantly one of boredom.

"So this is my personal introduction to the well advertised and absolutely crazy "Fuka," then? What a disappointment.
'Look upon me, for I am of feeble mind!' She says. But I suppose even if I told you that only made you an unlikable little stain that piece of advice would just enter one ear-hole and be jettisoned out the other."

"It must be nice for your mother."

"She must be able to sleep as soundly as dead without worrying about dealing with the boundless energy of her spawn no longer."

Fuka didn't immediately reply back after Kuu said this.

But following Fuka was Laura, whom also was very skeptical about the entire idea that Kuu was able to tell fortunes. But after hearing all of what she said, the only thing that Kuu was uncertain about was whether Fuka or this Laura were louder just now.

"...All of those things you have said are valid for someone who tells fortunes as a scam artist. Whether I fall into that category is up to you to decide. All the more I can gloat the day you come to me for help when you've convinced yourself the only out is to see the ending from a fortune teller."

Kuuyari's smile subsided slightly.

"But, I'd advise against that. If you wish to see a future to prevent it, you'll doubtlessly fall into despair at your own helplessness. But, I still like getting things all the same. Without the ability to tell people's fortunes I would probably be about as plain as that fool there with a food fetish."

"Wait. Going back again - that girl's name is Fuka, then?" Ai whispered, motioning to the girl who had been assigning them numbers and foods a moment ago.

"Yeah. I believe so. I might be wrong but, I don't think those two know each other. But if that's the case, then does that girl already know everyone's name then?"
Nanashi replied back quietly.

Does she know about them just as much as she did me?

Nanashi shook away that thought. Sure it was odd. But there was probably an explanation. Like, maybe Kuu had some inside knowledge. That could explain a lot of she did. But then, the question would become where she got it from - and why the green haired dool was interested in her at all.

Trying to shy away from Fuka's outburst, Kuni and Kazuko spoke.

"Is a favor okay? I can owe you a favor, within reason of course, but I hear favors are powerful allies when you're in prison. Who owes you could help go a long way. So, Would a favor from myself be sufficient payment for you? As I believe in your power, unlike my cellmate. I would rather take a chance on you being correct than sitting in ignorance."

"How fascinating. So what if I told you something along the lines of: You will die in 2 minutes? I wouldn't be able to get a favor from you in that case... It would just be a charity at that point."

Kuuyari's example illuminated a bit of her greed as she objectively explained her reasoning.

"Kuuyari is it? So you do want payment in trade."

"You are quite correct. As I had mentioned I take a bit more value in something a bit more tangible than a favor."

"I do wonder however, short of us all agreeing to be silent, how any truly useful information can be passed. If you are a mind reader, psychic, or a very good information broker, then you know just who I am. So I offer my services of equal value, like my compatriot here, a favor if you will. Provided you hold my words true. Otherwise I could barter some lunch or other items for a time or two, once we see our new home.. The value of the return should equal the exchange. At the very least you would have curried my favor, kekeke, for what that is worth in this rat's nest."

"Among criminals, the expectation is that one would undoubtedly be 'backstabbed' in a deal, correct? In this sort of setting, no one can be blamed for being cautious."

Again, that grim reminder. Everyone here was a felon.

So the expectation that they would be dishonest was to be expected. Who could say that Kuni and Kazuko would keep their end of the bargain? Nanashi only knew them for less than a day, so she was also still naturally weary of them. She was also weary of what Kuuyari had to say as well, for other reasons....

Kuni attempted "Presuade Kuuyari to tell a fortune for a favor.

It was sucessful!

"Well, in the end, I can say that I am quite bored. So you can consider yourself fortunate already on that account. So, before I tell you anything, let me start with this: Every fortune is a derivative of what is destined to happened. An outcome that can manifest in various ways. The more succinct a fortune I give you, the more inevitable it becomes. So let me start off to say that if you do find my words as confounding as that fool's over there, let it be known it's mostly for your own good."

Inevitability.

So she was saying that it was unwise to demand a crystal clear sort of fortune. Or else, whatever would happen would happen no matter how hard they fought against it. But then...?

The gears in Nanashi's head began to groan in stress as she just started to think more deeply into that. She pulled herself away from that conundrum.

But the message was clear. If Kuuyari gave them a prophecy, rather than a fortune: Then there would be almost no way to fight against it.

But again, that was all up to whether one believed in Kuuyari's words in the first place.

"Secondly, if I find that you have betrayed me, I swear that you'll be cursed for your dishonesty until it is corrected."

"So stingy!"
Ai exclaimed.

Kuuyari turned the rest of her body to face the other girls. As if officially conducting business, her sitting stance was that of Seiza.

"I give you one last chance. Based on the payment of two favors by the Pinkish and the Formal one respectively, I can give you a fortune. One that encompasses all of you in the cell, actually. But, I simply wish to ask you all..."

"Would you risk the chance of knowing inevitability?"

Somehow, the words that Kuu said struck them deep.

Fortune had a very charming ring to it. You will have friends, you will find love. It was positive like that. But additionally, there was the possibility of having a fortune you didn't want. A bad fortune. Misfortune.

To know of either would not change anything. It would happen rearguards. But did the girl's really want to risk knowing of something bad destined to happen. A potential inevitability of misfortune?

Ai immediately shuddered at the thought.

"Hey guys, maybe we should reconsider this."

Ai spoke up.

"I mean, I know I brought it up. But... well. Wouldn't it be scary if we heard something terrible?"

@Luma
@Skyswimsky
@RedArmyShogun
@Karyra
@_Grillscell
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.