1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below
This is the In Character thread for Hisakawa: NEXT

For information in regards to signup, please refer to the interest thread.
The OOC/Signup Thread is here

Mama died today.

The first line of the beaten and musty letter I received said she was found dead in her bed that morning. Aside from confirming that story, the letter implored me to go to her funeral, due to happen later that week. The date on the letter was October the First. Written on the same day she had died. The Funeral was to happen a week later.

But, reading this letter now, it was already much too late to attend.

When I opened this sad and grossly neglected letter at the orphanage I lived in, it was already December the Twenty Fourth. Several months after the fact. Months had gone by since Mama had been buried six feet into the ground. No doubt, it was a pity that the Mama's very own daughter could not even attend her mother's own funeral.

A weak and trembling smile formed on my face, it was filled with many different kinds of emotions that I could not possibly give names to. But in my heart, I knew one thing for certain. Today, just from getting this letter in this rotting building and among these hopeless children.

This was most certainly, without a doubt...

The Best Christmas Ever.

Ehb Presents:

Hisakawa
NEXT

Happiness is a need.

It takes many different forms, and is elusive in a multitude of ways. In yet, a person's natural desire for happiness is what gives that person's life meaning and purpose. And so, along with the basic requirements of food, water, and shelter, Happiness can be considered an ascended need that takes many forms, and is practically unique but not necessarily exclusive to each person.

To have love. To be wealthy. To be respected. To achieve.

Whatever action or quality you can name, it all gives same thing for that person who desires it. The feeling of fulfillment and joy. The things people have done for the sake of their Happiness will surprise you, outsider.

For now...
Welcome to this place, where its hoped that the broken people sent here can be mended back together again.

[fieldbox= Forta, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Morning / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Prisoner's Outdoor Deck ]

She wanted to have fun with it, so she imagined this entire scenario to be something akin to being accepted into some sort of magical school like Hogwarts.

It had all the makings of a fanfiction, actually. Instead of being given a letter of acceptance, you're given a letter of transfer. Instead of traveling on a magical train, you travel on a magical ship that is only magical in how such a derelict rust bucket can seem to float. Finally, most importantly: Instead of being sent Hogwarts because of having the ability to do magic, one is sent to Hisakawa Institution because one committed a felony in real life. The highest rank of crime deserves the highest brand of incarceration. So indeed. Hisakawa was just like Hogwarts then!

It was hard to think that the quaint band of students standing out on deck were actually criminals. From the point of view of the outsider this looked like some sort of impromptu high school student convention out at sea. But everyone here was clearly aware of what was going on.

They were being sent to the place where failures of society like them are meant to be salvaged, or discarded depending on the results of their reeducation there.

No one was sure exactly what 'Hisakawa' was. But there were rumors all over the place. One rumor was that things would play out like battle royale, and students would be thrown onto a deserted island in a 'last man standing' sort of tournament where being the last one alive means freedom.

Another rumor had it that Hisakawa was some sort of secret facility where horrible experiments and hard labor would be expected.

Alternatively, there was also the possibility that the island the school was located on was just a nice place to have criminals disappear without getting angry letters from other countries.

Thinking and digesting these outlandish rumors was just another way for a criminal to pass the long and boring hours of waiting. It was wasteful thinking, since whatever outcome not much would change anyway. The time for actual thinking was over. Thinking of a way to escape the authorities had failed. Thinking of a way to prove one's innocence had failed as well. ]

At this point, after all of that had happened, just resigning oneself to their inevitable fate as a criminal counted as much needed rest. All one could do was think aimlessly to pass the dullness of it all.

But, right now out on deck, seeing everyone dressed in various school uniform attire was sort of nice too. This could all almost count as some sort of cosplay event rather than prisoners getting their outdoors time.

Looking out over the ship's railing, Forta could see absolutely nothing but water stretching out to the horizon. They had left the mainland about a day ago. The Hiskawa institution they were heading off to was very far off. She could also swear the fins that occasionally peeked out from the water were definitely not friendly dolphins either. Rather, probably very hungry sharks aware that at least one student was going to try to make a break for it and jump overboard

If she tried to jump off the ship here, it would mean certain death. There was no question about that.

Allowing the final thoughts of potential escape to be put to rest, she hugged her knees. She looked to her fellow inmates, standing out on the deck seeming entirely aimless. Out on deck there wasn't anything to do. And there was no reason to talk to other people, knowing that they were all potentially murderers or rapists and the like. So they acted like cattle. Well dressed cattle, but cattle nonetheless.

[ "...Attention inmates. Physical Exercise time will end in 5 minutes. Please remember to actually line up in order when returning from outside. Anyone in violation of this will be cited for disobedience at the destination." ]

Just like that, the 40 minutes of outside time was over. This was the last chance to get fresh air, so taking advantage of that last chance, Forta deeply breathed in. She breathed in a little too much however and coughed as her throat began to burn.

The giggle of a girl nearby immediately took her attention, even as she kept on hacking away.

"Ohoho. Not used the sea air perhaps?"

Forta wheezed, and cleared her throat before answering.

"...Ha. No. I just breathed in wrong."

"Forgetting to breathe you say? How most fascinating."
"So here we have the common criminal. Less common than the common criminal but common on the grounds of foolhardiness. Uncommon quality, but most common of uncommon intelligence."

What a strange form of speech.
Forta thought. She turned to see the person chiding her with her needlessly articulate narration.

She was a short girl.
Even with Forta sitting like this, the girl was only two or three heads taller standing.

"Who are you, then?"

"A humble fortune teller." She said, with bated glee. "I come to you now because I have an important fortune to tell you."

Forta was immediately distrustful of this person. In a world like this, people only approached you in order to make use of you. There was no such things as freebies. Reguardless, being approached by this strange fortune teller was the most interesting to have happened pretty much for this entire trip. So forta entertained her request.

"Really then? What is it?"

"Tsk, Tsk. Forta. You know well that folks of our trade must acquire fundage to continue it. A fortune for you is indeed there. I have even come to you bearing it in my bosom. But, to relay it I will need a favor. Agree to it and I'll give you that fortune."

So there it was.
A price. For something incredibly vague.
This girl didn't even qualify as a half descent con-artist. Or she was just outright messing with her probably.

Forta wasn't going to have any part of it.

"I decline."
"If I'm getting a fortune told, doesn't that basically mean that something good is going to happen to me even if I don't know anything about it?"

"..."

The fortune teller was taken completely aback.

"T-that's not how it works! Stop acting smarter than what your stats say you are!"

"Stats...?"

The fortune teller suddenly began to refer to video game terminology.

"Right!? It's obvious from the way you look that you're just a pretty looking fool! So stop being so difficult!'

"You're the one being difficult. It all just seems like you're trying to get money out of me. It's not any use though. The stuff that I've brought with me doesn't have any value. And they didn't let me keep any actual money."

"Oh please, of course I know that. There is nothing of value on you or any of us here save for the clothes we're wearing and maybe organs. But! A person can have something of value beyond just what they possess. Promise to be my partner for the upcoming trial and I'll give you your fortune."

"Trial... So, does that mean you're one of the people who think this is going to turn out like a battle royale style plot, then?"

"I have no knowledge to anchor me to the preposterous thing you're talking about. Regardless, for the upcoming Trial I require someone who is strong. I want someone strong like you to assist me."

This girl was... probably one of the insane ones then. Forta looked at this girl with general apathy.

"I know you're that kind of person, Forta. The sort of person who wants to save people. I saw it, the other day when we got on the ship. You're the kind of person who'll become a monster if need be to grant your wish."

The mysterious shortie smiled. The shock on Forta's face was just the sort of reaction she wanted.

"I think your heart is worth saving. The fact that you're a monster will be useful in the future. Therefore, please agree to be one of my partners for the upcoming trial. Oh, and by the way, My Name is Kuuyari. But that's two syllables in excess so feel free to shorten it to Kuu."

"Why do you know my name?"

"Because, silly...."
"I'm a monster just like you are."

Forta's body froze up. This Kuu person. Just how much did she already know!?

[ "Attention students. Outdoor Period is over. Please fall in line and prepare to be accounted for." ]

"Ah, too bad. Well, you don't have to answer me right away. But the time to make a choice is fast approaching. So in the meantime, here's a free fortune: 'Today You will Inevitably Get to Eat Well'. A monster would be overjoyed to know that information, right?"

Giving a farewell with a giggle, the Fortune Teller Named Kuu walked away to be accounted for.

There was nothing amazing about Kuu's free fortune.
Of course Forta was going to eat. Lunch happens after Outdoor Period. That was laid out clearly when they boarded the ship.

[ October 1st, Midday / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Mess Hall ]

To an inmate, the food that was laid out was worthy of being a last meal.

After being served Bitter Gruel for dinner yesterday evening, the stark difference in the Steak and Eggs Laid out before each prisoner was of another world. Just what benevolent being allowed for something so wonderful to happen?

Regardless, it was real. As evidenced by the sounds of greedy and protective eating that began to chime throughout the ship's mess hall. Luckily for Forta, people of her age group were first in to eat today, so they could be reasonably be guaranteed such a fine meal. Even if the mess hall couldn't give fork or knives, eating steak by tearing meat off like an animal wasn't too bad.

Even if the cheap processed and mass produced flavorings and preservatives were entirely apparent, meat was still meat. After tearing off a small strip of meat, Forta savored the first bite. Her aim was to make this meal last as long as it could, and then finish it all up when there was only a minute or so left of meal period.

Of course, with such a valuable commodity, there prevalence for greed was certainly going to be there.

The first evidence of this was the sound of someone's body being thrown against the the ground. It was a small person. Even smaller thank the Fortune Teller than earlier even. They made more of a floof being thrown around as opposed to an expected plot.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Heh! This shit's mine now! Thanks for the food!"
"What!? Guards! He's taking my food!"

The guards stood immobile at the exits to the cafeteria.

"Heh! I know how this system work you weakling. The guards won't bother with one piece of human trash getting thrown around. Not worth the effort!"

Forta continued to chew away, but let her eyes wander over to the scene going on a couple tables over.

"Kuh... Are you kidding me?! This prick's stolen my food! Guards! Someone!"

"Heheh, You're pretty new to this aren't you!? Still don't get it? Then let me explain: you're Human Trash just like the rest of us! So what's worrying over one or two pieces of trash getting burned? Hahah!"

The agitator ate through his second plate of stolen food uninterrupted.

"Damned cliche villain! Just using your size to dominate over people!"

"Damned right you are! A scrawny thing like you dosen't need nearly as much food as I do! But get on your knees and beg like a poodle and I might be inclined to be nicer! Hohoho, that would be hilarious!"

Forta set down her spoon.

"Hey you know what? *Much* I don't like eggs, so here, have them back! *Phtwaa!*"

The agitator splathered out the eggs he had chewed right into the other's face.

"Naha! There! I have you back half of your plate? Happy? Right! Ha!"

The student put their hands over their hair in horror. That horror slowly began to turn into rage. They clawed into their white hair sprinkled with bits of yellow egg.

"...!"

"Here."
"If you've lost your plate of food. You can have the rest of mine."

All of a sudden, this blue haired intruder had made their appearance. Standing between the victim and the student who had just spat eggs into the other's face. This mystery girl offered her plate of food to make up for the one that had been taken.

"Hey Hey, if you're in a giving food I'll be happy to take a bit!"

"I'm not offering any to you."
"What?!"

The girl with blue hair looked at him from over her shoulder.

"I'm not offering any to you, is what I said."

"Who said I was askin'?! Give it to me!"

An empty plate clattered on the ground. At that same moment, the four or so others at the table stood up, giving Forta mean looks. She had just struck out against one of their own.

"AAAAAGH! MY FACE! YOU BITCH!"

"Who are you? Why..."

"Stay back. I'll protect you."

"I wouldn't be worrying about protecting someone else in your situation! Imma smash your face in for that!"

As the scene unfolded, the actions of this girl caught the attention of the others greedily eating away. For most, it was some insane prisoner finally losing it and thinking they could be some kind of hero. But everyone her knows that every person eating their steak and eggs here ultimately deserved to be rotting behind bars for a terrible crime the committed. If this girl was going to get her head bashed in for being stupid then it wasn't their problem.

But at the same time, it felt like this ridiculous thing that this girl was doing right now, protecting someone, was something they couldn't just ignore.

I want to be able to save someone.
I want to be saved.
I want...

I don't want my story to end being resigned to this sort of depressing finality!

The first step.

Is to stand out from the background.

When you do that,

You will be born.

@_Anyone

[/fieldbox]

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 1: What Do I Do!?

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 1: What Do I Do!?

Welcome to the World of NEXT!

Right now on this ship, a story is about to begin! But indeed also, this is where your story may begin as well. In an RP with a big cast, the hardest thing to do is usually finding your place to fit in. Let's go ahead and get one thing out of the way:

It's Simply Physically Impossible for me to interact with all of you all at once.

In Hisakwawa involvement is the survival of the fittest. Whether you manage to be able to hang in there long enough to post or drop off, know that in these initial stages trying to keep up or even just posting will be a challenge. While I do give prompts or leads to give others things to reply and react to it won't always be able to cover everyone. But we still want everyone to post! FEAR NOT! There is hope! The only catch is that it lies with YOU!

I don't want to be with you Ehb!

;_;
You can also just try to start your own scene. For example, while everyone is in the mess hall, you can just choose to comment on how good those eggs and steak are while the chaos goes on around you!

You have too many people around your character Ehb!

Consider trying to enter another scene going on between characters elsewhere. Just post IC, barge in an see what happens! Don't expect to be the center of attention, but rather contribute! Like adding your own opinion to the steak an eggs discussion!

I can't post fast enough Ehb!

Consider doing a Collab. Where you run a Private Message thread with a couple of other characters. You can organize collabs in the Discord. Maybe you can have a REALLY high level Steak and Egg discussion in PMs?

Remember, you will do particularly well in the story if you show you can take initiative with your character and affect the world through their actions. You'll also do just fine if you at least post regularly/do collabs to make up.

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 2: Post Formatting (Again(??))

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 2: Post Formatting

Hisakawa uses the same tried and true post formatting that helps make it easy to tell who is posting and where a scene is located. Please make use of this format when making your own posts.

[fieldbox= CHARACTER NAME, white, solid]
View attachment 146698
[CHARACTER REPRESENTATION - This Image Cutout Is Used To Make it Easier to identify your character for people not too good with names. If you want to utilize a Larger Image, Please Put it in a Spoiler. I will make one for you once your character is accepted, but if you want to do it yourself, note that the Eye Cutouts I use are 150 x 50 Pixels.]

[DATE / LOCATION : Ex. [Sunday, October 1st / Class 2-A] We use this so people won't get lost as to what day it is or when our characters]
[POST CONTENT - At Least a Paragraph Ideally]

@SOMEUSER
[When you type in @Username you tag another user who will probably get a notification about it. Use this to explicitly state who your character is interacting with when applicable]
[/fieldbox]

The Code to make the 'fancy boxes' is as follows:

Code:
[fieldbox= CHARACTER NAME, COLOUR, solid]
[Insert your Image or Spoilered Image Up Here

Date-stamp and Location Goes Here
    Post Content Goes Here

[USER=XXXXX]@USERNAME[/USER].     //Note that if you type @ and then a Valid Username, you should see a drop-down menu show up of applicable Iwaku Users. Select the correct one and the Text Editor Will do all this nonsense automatically.

[/fieldbox]

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 3: NPCs and Underlining

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 3: NPCs and Underlining

In Hisakawa Koukou, underlining a section of text is used to denote particularly important parts of your post. Think of it as a way of telling people: "Please Have Your Response Mention/Comment on this thing!" Use it to let partners know an important part of your character's response, or something that other characters can latch onto to get into a conversation. Use it as a tool to help move scenes and stories forward!

Additionally, NPC Characters' dialogue is typically written in bold italic or regular italic.

Regular Italic is typically used for background characters making one off remarks,

whereas,

bold italic is used for npc characters who can be actively conversed with.

Finally,

BOLD COLORED
represents NPCs controlled by the GM with story significance. Alternatively it can just represent a character yelling, but it should be apparent within context which is which.

As a general rule, you're discouraged from employing NPCs, unless it's a particularly appropriate time for you to come up and control one for the sake of moving a scene forward. Use your good judgement!

Last edited:
[August 14th, 44 days before ████]

Here is a boring, shameful story of mine.

Kids my age are idiots, but I'm sure I surpass them all. Feel free to look down on me, despise my failings, curse me.

But just look at me.

The middle school I went to not only had the misfortune of starting earlier than the other schools, but also had useless group activities once every week. They revolved around a random question and we would be forced to discuss amongst a group of four. Ostensibly, it was arranged so kids bad at talking would have chances to speak up, but I'm not sure if it ever served its purpose.

I didn't participate in them. Why? It was just stupid. So, I'd reply with useless non answers.

"Hey, ██████-san say something."
"Give up on this bastard, Handa-san."

Two of my group members reprimanded me and eventually the group work and thus the school day came to an end. As was my routine, I was in my seat, thinking about useless thoughts.

("Would I choose to be the most unfortunate person in the world? Or the second most unfortunate?")

I didn't even need a second to decide; the answer was obvious. It's obviously the former, and I'm sure that answer would remain the same for most people. But it's strange, isn't it? I suppose if one were to fail, they would want to fail magnificently rather than mediocrely. And that made some sense to me. People would donate to starving kids in Africa but it's not like anyone would donate to me. I understand they're in a more dire situation than I am, but through donations they get love from others. As for me, even if I search the entire world, I wouldn't be able to find anyone who loves me. Damn.

"I guess it doesn't really matter."

I then went to the library to check out light novels. Rather than looking up the reviews for the titles online, I went with how cute the girl was on the cover. If she wasn't cute, I'd put it back.

There, as I was picking through the shelves, someone called my name.

"Oh, do you come here often, Hayato-kun?

And, I saw her.

[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

"Hmm so that is how you say 'apple', huh? Apple, apple, apple…"

Hayato's voice got quieter as he mumbled to himself while slowly eating the tasteless grub. Soon no sound was heard, but he still mouthed 'apple'.

Hayato turned and flashed a huge grin at the person beside him, raising a hand in greeting.

"Hi! I'm Hayato, what's yours? Oh, if you're wondering what I was doing, I was looking at this English word for 'apple' on my flashcard. Being bilingual is a plus in this world, you know? I wish I studied more, but I can't do anything about that now! How old are you? You look 16, but my feeling says 17? I'm 16 by the way. What kind of food's your favorite? Me I like to eat miso ramen! You look pretty smart, I'm guessing you were an honors student? It's fine if you aren't though, I wasn't one either! Hmm, is that your perfume or is that cologne? Wow, what a nice fragrance! It's not too overpowering but just right! What brand is it, I'd love to get it. Do you recognize any familiar faces here? I don't, but I guess it'd be sorta funny if that happened, huh? I-"

Hayato held his left hand out and tapped his palm with the other fist, in realization. Then he hit himself softly on the head, winked, and stuck his tongue out.

"Doh! Silly me, that's a bad habit of mine. I just keep on going and going when I get excited sometimes! Sorry about that!"

The glasses-wearing student merely adjusted his glasses, saying nothing as he didn't even glance at Hayato. But he picked up his tray and sighed. One fat looking student walked up towards the two and said...

"I told you this guy is crazy. That's why nobody sits next to the freak, so listen to me next time, yeah?"

The bespectacled student let out another sigh and walked off, with the fat looking student in tow.

Hayato kept the smile on his face as he heard a commotion. Things escalated and Hayato's eyebrows twitched when he saw the blue haired girl intervene.

He got up and walked towards the scene, grinning all the while.

"Hey hey hey. Let's all calm down, yes? But even if I say that I doubt it'll fix your anger... Oh, I got an idea! Take my food! I barely ate any, so let's just get along, yes? And if that's not enough, if you want to punch someone, please do me! Avoid the face though if you would please, but the other areas should be fine!"

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dekonic
[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

The calm blue sea, the sights that are undoubtedly Rinne's favorite. She were spending most of the free Physical Exercise time to gaze upon the sea. The other inmates don't seem to interest her as she knew that... They're all criminals. She doesn't want to interact with them, she knew that she's better than them, she KNEW that whatever ordeal that this prison school will throw at her, she'll succeed and graduate and be free sooner than later.

But now, as the period is over. It switched to lunchtime, everyone will be having lunch. Knowing what was served last night, Rinne wouldn't have high hopes that the food will be great. But she was proven wrong, the food for lunch was a nice steak and egg. Despite it's rather cheap quality, Rinne was happy that she gets to eat some nice meat. She squealed in delight, as if she was a child that just got a toy that she wants.

Of course, this delight sure came with criminals being and would take some weaker one's food. As evidenced by the sight that she currently saw. A small white haired person getting thrown by a rather larger person. The smaller one pleaded for guards to help but they didn't help them.

'Course they won't help, we're just trash after all' Rinne looked at the guard with disgust before turning her attention back to the scene. She have to save the small and weaker person, but how? Her physique aren't that great, safe for her bust size. She doubted if she can confront the bully or not. But now is not the time to think, she immediately wolf down on her food.

Right when she was about to finish, she saw this blue haired girl lending her portion to the person. The next thing Rinne do is to approach them, it happened not so far from her anyway. She didn't put any mind on her unfinished portion. She realized that... there are some people that are not just some undesirable criminals. Just like this blue haired girl standing in between the bully and the bullied.

Before she managed to approach however, there's a boy who offered his food and then would want to be punched in place. 'What are you some kind of Masochist?' Rinne thought when she watched that. But she shrugged it off and continued her steps forward.

"Oi, why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Rinne stood beside the blue haired girl and confronted the bully as well. "Do you think that just 'cause you're the bigger guys you're free to bully the weak? I don't think so." She grips her fist, her gaze was straight fire. Gritting her teeth in anger, she joined the standoff in favor of the blue haired girl. "And what are you? A sissy? Going to hit a girl just because she said no?"

It appears that another crazy idiot goes to protect the weak. Thinking they'd be a hero, but in Rinne's eyes. She is a Hero, first and foremost.

@Ehb
@Illin
@_Anyone

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

Just... what would happen? Laura had long given up on wondering which of the many rumors one could find online about Hisakawa were true. It was a simple extension of what she was to do. Behave. Graduate. Simple as that. The blue-haired girl was perfectly aware that this scum of human society around her was trash. Criminals. Most, if not all, of them. Not like her. Not like Laura. No, she was different. Not just in the "I am different from the scum because of silly excuses!" different. No, Laura was simply different different. She wasn't one of those... savages. Simple as that.

Still, even if the white-haired girl had calmed herself into a false feeling of security, the food in front of her made her suspicious. There was a certain saying, a myth, of animals meat tasting worse if they died scared. So after all the trash they had to eat now they got slightly less trash? The meat wasn't of any quality that Laura was used to but a welcome change nonetheless. Maybe they put something into it? Though if that were the case it was already too late anyways... .

Of course, it was then that something had to happen. So much for the quiet and peaceful meal she had preferred. One of the savages prayed on the weak. The rules of nature. Simple as that. Only that they were inside a construct of human society. Prisons were for the sake of re-education. Orders and rules were to be followed. So why, just why weren't the guards moving? Unless...

...it was just how the predator explained? Clearly that food was not a sign of good-will, maybe it was exactly what they wanted? A test of survival? If so it was the best option to simply stay silent?

It most likely was the smartest decision. Yet, if this was how things would play out, if she wasn't protected by the law of common sense, it meant that, sooner or later, trying to get through the few years in silence and peace wouldn't work. She wasn't deluded enough to think of being able to take on a bunch of potential killers by herself. She wasn't deluded enough to believe she was the only one that wasn't a simple criminal either.

A small sigh escaped from her lips, followed by a slight chuckle. A 'hero person' in this prison? Next, she would plea for being falsely accused? Or maybe she would use the line that Laura had prepared for herself? That of every vigilante?

Regardless, as dangerous as those might truly be - not to mention annoyingly noisy - she'd preferred their company over those pathetic kindergarten bullies... and if it was allies she needed then it was better to move before any groups formed.

With the stage set, and her course of actions decided, what was to do was now simple a matter of execution and first impression. She had hoped to at least delay... this... until after the ferry but alas, the white-haired girl had to play her part as her plate finally emptied.

It was one against five. Sure, for now, their obvious 'Leader' was facing off against the clearly confident woman himself but that kind of trash would never give something like a 'fair fight'. They believed to be strong and secure in numbers.

Maybe these two people who thought one could reason with such human scum could even the numbers even more, but for now, Laura was simply to take action herself. She had the advantage of coming from behind and had no qualms about announcing her present yet.

The only question was... how? Taking one of them off-balance by taking out the back leg? No. Too calculated. If she were to do this it had to be in a wild and stupid way - as long as it seemed appropriate at least. It had to look natural. Also, ultimately testing out the boundaries of what she could get away with and not would only be helpful in the long run. Surely they did not expect us criminals to behave on day zero? Strengthening the grip on her empty plate she was carrying Laura finally settled her mind. Closing a mental door and opening another, she was ready to step into this new world...

After hitting with the plate onto the head of one of the other, clearly belonging to the main bullies gang, guys Laura finally announced herself. "YOU CRIMINAL SCUM! Prepare to face Justice for your evil deeds of evilness!"

@Ehb
@LowDefinition
@Illin
@_AlliesOfJustice
@_OtherScummyPeople

Excuses Note: Not doing a feat roll because it isn't introduced yet. And who knows maybe hitting a bystander bully from behind with a weapon on the head who pays no attention doesn't even require it? Can always change if requested.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Aster, #99CCFF, solid]
Aki_Ico.jpg

Nothing mattered anymore. That was all Aster could think as he saw the waves crashing against the side of the salt bitten ship that carried them to the Hisakawa Institute. It was what he reflected on as he mindlessly wandered inside with the other Humans to the mess hall, but despite how much he wanted to mope and be cynical it was in the far corner of his mind when he saw lunch was steak and eggs. He grabbed a plate quickly and slipped into a seat at a table near the center of the room, but before he even sat down he was already shoveling food into his mouth. It tasted pretty great to him, but he didn't really have any taste buds to speak of so that wasn't saying much. For now he just wanted to be alone with his food before they arrived to whatever school, secret lab, or massacre that awaited for them. He was pretty sure they wouldn't give him anything as nice.

Before he could finish off the last of his grub he heard someone getting bullied as a particularly large person stole their food. Why were fat people also so mean? Besides, it's not like he needed it; scientifically speaking if he decided to eat absolutely nothing for the next few months he'd take up as much space as the rest of the skinny waifs on the ship by his body devouring his fat deposits alone. The Human body was pretty cool like that, but instead people thought they needed to constantly eat to live. Even he didn't need to eat his meal right now; he could eat nothing for a month before dying of starvation. Still, if he was to be thrown in a survival scenario it wouldn't hurt to reset his counter since he didn't have as much backup energy like chubs over there. In some strange turn of events now he couldn't help but admire how fat he was. He really had to stop thinking so much.

Now the white haired person had their eggs in their hair and they looked like they might cry. It briefly crossed Aster's mind to help them but if he was in same situation he would just… let the fat guy take his food and hope he gets something even better than steak and eggs at dinner. He kept his head down and ate his food faster, hoping the bully wouldn't see him and try taking his food too. Maybe he had a thing against beings with white hair. Was there anyone else other than the victim and him with white hair? He looked around and saw a girl with the same snowy colour and blue eyes similar to his one and possibly two others but theirs might just be grey. It seemed to be quite the popular colour apparently. The girl however didn't seem to be playing the odds right as he watched her rise from her seat to defend thier comrade of colour against what was now a mini battle coming to pass. At least if his first notion turned out to be correct there was a twenty five percent chance of him being targeted, even less now that she made herself a bigger target and he had finished his food so there was nothing of his to take.

He set down his utensils with a satisfying clatter and leaned back in his chair before he realized he was sitting on a bench and there was no back to catch him. He spun his arms in the air like windmills trying to regain his balance before falling backwards onto the floor with a thud.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

Even if it was only for forty minutes, the fresh air always smelled great. The ocean, being on a ship, would she have normally gotten to do this? Every time she saw the sky, it was like she was never going to see it again. At least, that's what it felt like. Even then, Kuni could only look at it with empty eyes today. The same blue sky, but seemed so far away. Like the sky itself was drifting further and further away each day.

Maybe Heaven itself was abandoning this ferry.

Was.... no. Not for what she had done. Even though in regard to everything it had been the totally right thing to do. So she'd pay the price for her actions. She wouldn't regret it though. It was all justified, even if the courts didn't agree with her.

Soon enough, the forty minutes were up and Kuni was shuffled back inside with the other prisoners. She did look at the sky one last time, though. Kuni hoped that she had been wrong and that there was at least someone looking out for her up there. She didn't want to be alone anymore.

Steak? And eggs?

Kuni was pretty sure she had died and gone to heaven. Then, after tasting the food, she was pretty sure she was still alive. It was full of preservatives and whatnot, so the taste was off from what she remembered, but Kuni was still sure that someone good was going to happen today. Good Meal luck always signaled a good day ahead in her mind. Therefore, today was going to be fantastic!

Joyously digging into her food, Kuni heard a scuffle going on behind her. She was standing within seconds. If they wanted to graduate together, then they all had to work together! Therefore, fighting wasn't allowed in Kuni's mind. It was the antithesis of what they were trying to achieve here. And if they failed to achieve what they needed... Kuni didn't want to think about it.

Kuni was overjoyed that so many people he sprung up to help. Unfortunately, Kuni wasn't going to be able to do much with the group that had formed. She'd just end up lost in a crowd of people who all wanted to help. She would just end up tripping over them trying to help in that way.

So instead, Kuni walked calmly to their protectee. "Are you okay? I'd offer a handkerchief to help you clean your face but... I lost mine."

"Anyway, let's get that egg off your face while everybody handles that rude jerk. What's your name? I'm Kuni!"
she extended a hand, prepared to help the student and greet them properly. She seemed so sunny and out of the place, among the literal criminals of the prison.

@Ehb
@Illin
@LowDefinition
@Skyswimsky
@_alliesofjustice
@Everybody
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

[ October 1st, Late Morning / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Prisoner's Outdoor Deck-Upper Command Deck ]

4twUFPS.jpg

Upon setting out to Sea, Kazuko felt a sadness at leaving the Home Islands, her crime was rather simple, Failure. By all rights she should have committed Suicide as means of atonement, but events had spared her and this was her punishment. Rather surprised to be let loose upon the upper deck, Kazuko takes her time to run laps along the upper decks avoiding contact and communication with most, observing them in passing. Switching to stretches and shadow boxing as guards kept an eye on her, the girl stops at the announcement, staring off at the Island in the distance. A Nation was a reflection of it's people, it was far more than the soil beneath one's feet, the pride, honor, culture and sacrifice, placing both hands upon the railing the young woman makes up a haiku on the spot.

"Island hold faraway

My homeland far to the sea

The Sakura gone.
"​

Noting the Sharks in the water, escape would be difficult, if possible at all... But those thoughts were for another time, taking in the smell of the sea, or rather the vegetative rot that marked the land, they would soon reach their new prison..

And of course her luck would continue as it had, Steak and Eggs? Scowling with narrowed eyes, this was one meal she did not care for. "So American.." She said, looking down at the tray in disgust, did they have something to do with this school on that note? Was this a Prison or a special purpose facility? That she would have to discover and find out, if only for her own safety. Picking at bits of the meat, she cared not at all for the eggs, boiled eggs would have been tolerable and the steak was greasy. "Tch..Americans.." She says looking at the rest who seemed happy with the meal, she had to begrudge her countrymen for this.

Then things had to slowly snowball straight to hell, first was the guards who shirked in their duties to make this all possible.. Then the largest oaf decided to become king, carrying out a most ungentlemanly display, followed up with a self proclaimed hero and a fist to the face, a fellow falling over his own feet... Madness, truly madness.

Getting up from her seat however, her call to Duty would not allow her to just ignore this circus.. Plus with that tray smack, things may get out of hand quickly and the guards would get out of hand.. And even if it were beanbags and stun rounds, she did not care to be shot on the account of others.

"Kekekeke. What an ungraceful Display, are you not Japanese or just more of the common Trash that I unfortunately must share the soil with? Though that is not true. Bare in mind big man, You may do whatever you want, but we may do what we want with you.. And some here may be more dangerous than you."
Speaking with hostility to her voice with a noble air, the woman's narrowed eyes and toned body seemed to catch on to the more dangerous aspect of her speech.

"Should you be hungry and wish to live like a dog however, here, you may have my food, boss of the dogs." Dumping the Tray over onto the floor, she stares pointedly at him, then the others who were with him, including the one who was waylaid from behind.

"Eat it. Dog in human's Skin. Or sulk back to rule your tribe of brutes, should you wish to fight, very well, but after you had your teeth rattled do you think your size will do more than make you a target for the Divine Wind? Either way as soon as we all enter this foray the guards shall open fire upon us. A Riot is not to be allowed and I shall not be dragged into your braggart games.."

Keeping a distance behind the pair, the hero girl may have made a mess of things, but if it became a fight then speed was of the essence, if the fight spread then they all would be paying the price. "To Rule is to serve and to be the reflection and guidence of the People, I as a Daughter of the Rising Sun shall not stand Idly by as you abuse what you should have used to serve the people in righteous cause. As to you Girl Screaming of Justice, while I may respect your righteousness, just what is that in this world? The pair of you stepped out of line and should see this as a mutual exchange, and return to your seats before the guards do decide to have fun at our expense, Kekeke. Should we all really be doing the guards work for them?"

Waiting to see if the situation would escalate the odds were more or less even, if he were a simple bully he would back down here and now, if he and they were together for the same crime, things could get worse and fast...

And here I just wanted some Miso, Rice and Fish. In place I find a meal fitting to the Americans, the idiot brigade, the heroes in the wrong place and may have to get into a fight.. If that man has any semblance of being a true one, he has no choice now but to fight, or humble himself and return to his seat, all that matters now is the amount of honor he has..

@Ehb @Skyswimsky @others indirectly.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Toru, #ADDBA7, solid]

Toru_Ico.jpg

The slight taste of salt on his tongue. The ocean air licking at his skin. The birds squaking overhead. The glint of probably harmless sharks.

Heaven, right?

The feat of making their sea-borne transport actually travel was quite a masterclass. This ship was their last movement before being placed in Hisakawa. Rumours floated around it of course. But he felt it was bad manners to judge the place that he would be staying at for...

It was best not to assume things, was his point.

He poked at his meal, frowning slightly. "This will not set a good example for the others. A complete lack of the the two most vital food groups. They should be ashamed of themselves." A sigh escaped his lips, he would have to show that this meal selection was terrible for the well being of the soon to be parciptants of Hisakawa.

Well being starts from the inside, afterall. In his mind, this was no better then the gruel they were being given before. Perhaps a little more tasty. And it actually looked edible...

He ate at a fixed pace.

There was a clash beginning as he ate. Some people couldn't just get on with their fellow neighbour. It was saddening. He placed his utensils down. Simply listening, he picked up his plate. Leaving waste was not a crime anyone was allowed to commit. Humming softly to himself, his eyes glanced over the ever growing amount of people commit to defend the hero.

He supposed that was a warming thought, people working together against conflict. Hopefully, at least. There was at minimum, comfort that there were people willing to help out others in need.

A girl smacked one of the guys with her plate, which caused him to stumble into Toru. Who was only trying to make his way through before assisting the situation. His plate clattering to the ground. He caught the victim. "Oh, are you okay? I hope your fine." He gave a concerned look over. "That girl hit you with a plate. How terrible of her." He grasped the man's two shoulders. "Help your compatriots!" With a small friendly grin, he firmly pushed the man forward-facing back towards Laura.

In the corner of his eyes, he spotted a well executed demostration of how a windmill works. It did come to his mind as the male began to fall that perhaps it was something else. Toru rushed over as the guy thudded on the floor. "Dear dear, are you okay!? We don't want anyone to be hurt." He gave a hand out for the bench-sitting deficient person to grab onto. His eyes glanced towards the situation building, before looking back at Aster. "Injuring your neck would be a terrible detriment to your future physical activity."

"What's your name?"

@Ehb
@DurkPut
@Skyswimsky[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: DurkPut
[fieldbox= Ryuu, #e34234, solid]
Ryuu_Ico.jpg

"This is certainly not bad, a tad much of preservatives though"
Wiping off his mouth with his handkerchief, Ryuu mumbled to himself, still savoring the lingering smoky taste of the steak sauce. He clasped his hands and,
"Thanks for the meal, if only there's a dessert"
crossed the cutleri... Err...
"Well, they could have provided cutleries with the food at the very least"

Good lord, stop whining, would you? You are a criminal, act like one.

But still, steaks and poached eggs for dinner? Not to mention, for day 2 prisoners? On a filthy rusty ferry which seemingly is able to collapse at any time? For all these, I think, hundreds of people in the mess hall?
Isn't this like putting 'over' on overkill? These guys are still on their way to the Hisakawa island, are meals going to be even more grandiose there?.

Or wait, are they going to get slaughtered tomorrow? Fed to some hungry beasts the moment they set foot on the island? "Hi, welcome to Hisakawa, we fed you some fat so our lions will be happy, goodbye".
That would be too much even for the notoriously cruel god we have here.

Hey, don't accuse me of being paranoid. I do hear that this Hisakawa correction facility is reserved for minor criminals who did big crimes. After all, this is the mysterious island which is pretty much closed to the outside world. No one knows what's going on inside. There are rumors out there saying the place is run by a mad man with god complex intent to torture everyone inside just to appease his sadistic impulses. What a pervert!

One thing for sure, these people here are highschoolers, roughly 15 to 18 years old. If my hunch is correct, all of them are deemed "irredeemable" in some ways and are gathered here to sail for the mysterious Hisakawa island.

This Ryuu guy here? He is dangerous in a sense, or to put it better, he can be either extremely beneficial or extremely dangerous, but he should be powerless here, exposed to a new community. You want me to blurt out his crime? You wish. Perhaps if you send lewds, I'll think about it.

Now that we're on this topic, is this eventful dinner, perhaps, caused by Ryuu's request last night to the head chef?
"Good sir, it would be wonderful if you are to provide us steak and eggs for tomorrow's dinner",
Hahahah, as if!
Wait, wait... that quote was red in color... He really said that, the cheeky bastard!

Regardless, it is highly doubtful the head chef would listen to some random criminal request. You're a nobody here, *redacted* Ryuuichi. No one here knows who you are. Or well, perhaps the more shady ones do. Well shit, perhaps the chef already gave him a preferential treatment. He already had a room which is better than most of the prisoners here. What's stopping the higher-ups from granting more of his requests now?

Then again, there should be other people who are getting the preferential treatment like he did here. You know, connections. Perhaps these people desired for steak and eggs and the kitchen staffs went, "Fuck it, steak for you, steak for you, steak for everyone!"

Oh well, doesn't matter, only god knows what's going on.

"What's wrong with you?"
"Heh! This shit's mine now! Thanks for the food!"

Oi, what's this then? A commotion? People fighting over food? How petty.

"What!? Guards! He's taking my food!"
Silence. The guards can't seem to be bothered with this incident.
"Kuh... Are you kidding me?! This prick's stolen my food! Guards! Someone!"

"Heheh, You're pretty new to this aren't you!? Still don't get it? Then let me explain: you're Human Trash just like the rest of us! So what's worrying over one or two pieces of trash getting burned? Hahah!"

Strange. Are these kids really THAT worthless? Do those guards think of these criminal highschoolers as normal kids? These people are not your common delinquents! There might be murderers here! If violence is about to break out here before they reached the island, would they not get punished? Are those guards dumb? Then again, if they're smart, they won't be working as some lowly guards in some godforsaken rusty ferry.

Maybe these bullies are some big shot mafias and the guards are pissing their pants now unable to move? But no, they don't seem familiar, at least, not some faces one would recognize in the underworld or in the most wanted list of the Japanese intelligence agency. Besides, if they are on the elite level, they would not make a scene here of all places.

Or perhaps, is this some kind of character test for the heroes? For people to get merit points? So they can get a lighter sentence later in the horror that is Hisakawa?

"How classy"

I'm about to say that, don't steal my lines dammit.

But boy, things sure are getting out of hand. The small kid is getting thrown around and some random girl showed up to punch the big bully. YEAH YOU GO GIRL! Teach that fatboy a lesson!

"Oi, why don't you pick on someone your own size?"
"YOU CRIMINAL SCUM! Prepare to face Justice for your evil deeds of evilness!"
"Listen buddy, it's probably best if you don't take anything else in. Honestly, skip a few meals, or two or ten. Might lose some of that overhang there."

And look, more people joined! Awesome! What are the guards going to do now? Are they going to watch and enjoy this spectacle?

"And if that's not enough, if you want to punch someone, please do me! Avoid the face though if you would please, but the other areas should be fine!"

"Eat it. Dog in human's Skin. Or sulk back to rule your tribe of brutes, should you wish to fight, very well, but after you had your teeth rattled do you think your size will do more than make you a target for the Divine Wind?

And there are some crazy loons too! Bloody hell this is going to be a heck of a show to watch! Too bad you've finished your meal, Ryuu! Else you would have a good snack for this entertainment!

"It is not right for us to sit here doing nothing,"

Hey wait, why are you standing up?

"We need to do the right thing here. Networking at the very beginning of this phase is essential for our survival. And also, that was classless"

What? Stop mumbling! What are you doing? Why are you walking towards those guys? You do know you can't kung fu for shit, right? They might be murderers! Assassins! Don't you see the blue haired girls? Those badonkers on their chest can knock you out cold! Get back!

"Are you okay? I'd offer a handkerchief to help you clean your face but... I lost mine."
"Anyway, let's get that egg off your face while everybody handles that rude jerk. What's your name? I'm Kuni!"

"Here, I have a handkerchief ready!"

Oh, right, the bully victim. I know you're too much of a pussy to join the rest and confront the bully...

"Are you okay? I saw you getting bullied and no one was there to help, I was really worried since that big guy escalated his threats, but thank the heavens you're fine,"

... Hey...

"But really, I was seething when that bully spit his egg, you poor little thing, nobody deserves this. All of us might be criminals, but we do have class, and that big guy was just classless, a mindless barbarian"

... Don't go around charming little girls with your sympathetic face now...

"Sorry that I'm powerless, I can only help by wiping you clean, I hope you don't mind"

Don't flash your smile, you freaking riajuu!

"My name is Ryuu, let's save the further introduction until this situation is under control. I understand the lady here goes by the name Kuni, how about you, umm..."

Now that you mentioned it, is this kid a boy? A girl? A boy? It sure is hard to fathom this specimen. It... does look feminine, but nah, what kind of person would ask.....

"By the way, are you a boy or a girl?"

Oh lord, he did it, the madman. Talk about classless.

@Ehb
@Karyra
@everyone

[/fieldbox]

Aki_Ico.jpg

Considering what Aster had heard about the place before being put on a boat, he imagined he'd be spending the rest of his days surrounded by crazy teenagers with blades imbedded in their skin so they didn't have to go long without their daily dosage of shanking a kid. He was somewhat proved wrong by all the Humans that had lept to the others aid from Chubs unless they just wanted a piece of them for themselves but he was more surprised someone actually noticed his beautifully demonstrated fail. At first he was scared he had drawn too much attention to himself but no one else seemed to even acknowledge his existence up to this point so he relaxed a bit. Still part of him couldn't help but be miffed he didn't naturally radiate something. Ah well, He probably would be freaked out over Chubs and the Battle of Steak and Eggs if he hadn't devoured his so quickly.

"Dear dear, are you okay!? We don't want anyone to be hurt." The stranger gave a hand out for him to grab onto. Their eyes glanced towards the situation building, before looking back at Aster. "Injuring your neck would be a terrible detriment to your future physical activity."

Not even missing a beat the stranger asked, "What's your name?"

Aster gladly took his outstretched hand and soon found himself back on his feet and dusting himself off out of habit rather than because there was actually any dirt on him. 'Thanks man, I appreciate it; the names Aster by the way.' He replied with a kind grin, 'If I sprained my neck I'd hate to think what they would do to me while I was out for the count. They'd one hundred percent just draw mean doodles and stuff on me and totally not steal my stuff and beat me up.'

His mother used to tell him sarcasm was the lowest form of humor only idiots used, but she wasn't ever really a funny woman and she was dead now so he didn't see the harm in partaking in 'a low form of humor'. The more he thought about it though the less confident he felt about cracking jokes. Why did he have to overthink everything?

Aster gave a forced cough to clear the awkwardness he now felt clinging to him like bad perfume and asked, 'What about you? What's your name?' Putting (really) unnecessary stress on 'your'.

He examined the boy in front of him and couldn't help but think to himself, 'He looks like a huge nerd.' Not that it was a bad thing since he was one himself, but if he really was one he wondered what he did to end up on this boat. Did he commit grand theft and steal a lifetime supply of manga? If he got to choose what crime he had to commit Aster definitely would have chosen that rather than his stupid hiccup. Maybe he could ask later and found out for sure, but something told him the Humans here would find that subject… sensitive.

@Rithas @maybe other people I'm still trying to figure how to do this thing
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

If Bitter Gruel was the sort of meal that was supposed to be common in his new life at Daddy Hisakawa's Fun Murder-Zoo for Disobedient Children, then perhaps Banri should have been happy that they were getting steak and eggs for once. Meat was meat and eggs were eggs, and both were more or less some form of protein that had more flavor than the watery slop they received yesterday.

But watery slop or not, at least gruel was easy on the stomach.

If this rusty bucket of a ferry had been any greater than it currently was, maybe Banri would have been able to enjoy the trip to hell, but as it was, with the floor swaying from side to side, pushed around by waves that the boat could no longer handle, this ferry trip had been one long hell. From the claustrophobia of beds and rooms smaller than a closet, to the overpowering stench of human refuse within the washrooms, to the constant 'aroma' of salt pervading the entire ship, and it was no surprise that Banri was all sorts of seasick. His complexion was paler than normal, and while others scarfed away or hoarded their food, the young man simply looked at it, head hammering with a headache while he wondered just what he did to deserve this.

Gah, could he ask for takeout instead? Save it for when they were off this demonic ship?

In the background, some students were getting into some shit, a fight breaking out over jackasses being gluttonous enough to steal other people's foods. Gods, didn't they realize they were in the minority? Being badasses and making a gang was cool and all, but for all they knew, the person they just robbed could be a serial killing rapist that will find them one by one and stick a spork up their tight buttholes, before screwing it in and pulling out the shit from their intestinal tracks and feeding it to them like an airplane into a toddler's mouth!

Doing his best to ignore those lying idiots that came to the rescue of the poor, bullied criminal, Banri tried a bite of egg.

Gah. Too runny, like liquid snot. He shivered slightly, while people used justice as an excuse to smash a tray on someone's head.

Doing his best to ignore those violent vigilantes that took this as a chance to shittalk each other and fan the flames, Banri tried a small piece of the steak, forcing himself to chew the hard meat. To chew and chew and chew and yet he couldn't find it in himself to swallow it. Gah. It was basically flavored leather at this point.

He spat it out, as his stomach did another triple backflip, complexion going from pale to green. Stumbling out of his seat on the bench, he picked an arbitrary face nearby and jabbed a finger at them. "You. Yeah, brown-hair girl," he wheezed, standing up, "You can have my food. Or whatever. Barely touched it. Enjoy. Or not. I don't c-"

Bile rushed up his throat and Banri sped to the nearest trash can, almost crashing into it before he heaved last night's gruel into the black bag. At least if he kept emptying his stomach, he'd be able to get by without using the toilet?

Gods, what he'd do for a toothbrush and toothpaste.
@Luma
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: DurkPut
[fieldbox=Takashi, #4d4dff, solid]
Takeshi_Ico.jpg

[Oct 1st, Midday | Hisakawa Prison Ferry Mess Hall]

The Hisakawa Project was propagated as a method to rehabilitate criminal and troubled youths, but time on the ferry was likely just as much a part of the plan. It served more of a purpose than simply to safely transfer a mob of delinquents from one place to another. It was a warning, a clear statement.

"This is what awaits you should you fail here," Takashi surmised mentally. Looking around, he wasn't sure how many would surpass the trials that lay ahead. Some were almost certainly headed to jail, given current activity of one particular self-designated "alpha" in the cafeteria.

Taking his eyes from the food in front of him, his eyes appeared to open ever so slightly to stare at the ruckus occurring in the middle of the room. A simple thug. A lot of brawn and weight, but damn near no brains. It was his kind that Takashi blamed for even being in this situation. Nonetheless, while an imbecile the delinquent opting for culinary theft before the eyes of the guard did have one thing right. There was a hierarchy to things. Those who possessed power could do as they wished while those who didn't could simply complain. It was without doubt that Takashi could act as a mediator, or at least outsmart the fools, but this wasn't any matter of his. It was too much effort and drew too much attention to get involved in every little spat. He would be the spectator for the moment—or so he initially planned.

Slowly, the situation began to escalate. One by one youths rose to aid the victim and the neanderthal's allies stood to his defense. Before, it wasn't his problem, simply human nature taking its cruel course. Now it was problematic. It would only take a few more getting involved before the guards started getting antsy. If it escalated into a riot, the staff wouldn't bother time investigating who was did what. They would lock down the room and everyone's steak would be traded in for a can of asskicking each. With a sigh, Takashi's brows arched in irritation before standing up.

Stepping closer to the tussle, Takashi stuck an index finger and thumb respectively into the sides of his mouth before letting out a whistle. Were he simply to have started talking there would be no chance anyone would listen. At the least by doing this he might grab the attention of some or distract them.

"Now, while normally this display would be rather amusing... truly, a scene befitting the opening chapter in a comic!" Takashi spoke, now donning a friendly smile and slit eyes. "Unfortunately, I do not think any of you realize the position we're all in. Now, I believe one of you stated that the guards wont care if one person gets smacked around? That would be correct. I doubt any of the staff here gives so much as one damn about any of us... However, they certainly would find a mob of unruly students throwing plates and shanking with utensils as something worth dealing with. I as well doubt that they would be so level-headed as to restrict punishment to those who actually did something..."

He was spending time to point this out. If the guards got involved, they would all pay for it. Honestly, Takashi didn't enjoy violence period.

@Ehb
@Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

An ordinary-looking, scarlet-eyed girl sat on the edge of a long table, inspecting the meal in front of her like a complicated math problem. Meat, but no fork and no knife. Resolving to do it the "old-fashioned way," she
picked it up and yanked with her teeth, smiling as she chewed the morsel.

"Eheh. Ichor..." she mused aloud to herself, supposedly referring to the food.

Across the table, another guy spat out his food and offered it to her. Before she could even consider the offer, the next kid over snatched it up, giving her a snarky smirk. She just shrugged it off, returning to her own.

Continuing to rip off chunks of steak, the brunette watched the big drama start to unfold, a blissful smile plastered on her face as she chewed. However, the smile faded slightly after the loud whistle hit her ears. Refusing to pay glasses-guy any mind, she finished off the last bite of steak and grabbed the plate, wandering over to the vomiting boy by the trash can.

"I do not like them in a house or with a mouse," she stated matter-of-factly, while simultaneously sliding her uneaten scrambled eggs down into his shirt collar while his back was turned. Despite the seemingly hostile act, she still gave him a friendly smile; even extending her hand in greeting, "I'm Fuka. Nice to meet you."

@ERode[/fieldbox]

img

Slumped over the trash can, Banri didn't even notice someone approaching from behind before he felt his shirt collar being yanked upwards and a slimy, lukewarm substance being poured on top of it. Without a straightened back, the material wouldn't slide down his back, but merely having it on his bare neck, dampening his black hair, was a bad enough experience. Enough to send shivers down his spine with how absolutely disgusting it was and all. The youth placed a hand over his neck, pulled the substance off slowly, and stared at it.

Scrambled eggs.

Turned around.

The girl he had offered his meal to had just spouted out the most inane bullshit he had heard in a while, surpassing even those justice wannabes having their little brawl in the corner, before smiling as if nothing was wrong and even offering her hand to shake.

Wow. This place was great.

Returning her smile with a forced one of his own, Banri shook her hand before she could retract it, sandwiching the egg-matter inbetween their palms while squeezing as hard as he could. It was more than enough to pulverize the yellow food into gross, soggy bits, sending it dripping on the floor while smearing the rest all over both of their palms.

"I'm Banri. Pleasure to meet you, Fuka," his dark eyes betrayed plenty of emotion, from disgust to wariness to a strange sort of relief, "On a scale of house to mouse, how fucking bonkers are you?"
@Luma
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Toru, #addba7, solid]

Toru_Ico.jpg

"No problem." Toru replied, as he helped lift Aster off the floor.

"I do hope no one would consider to use such low pranks on a vulnerable person." The joke flying over his head. He glanced towards the clash happening near them. "It seems I've already been disappointed." Optimistic, not ignorant.

"But I suppose there is still some child-like nature in all of us. We are still so young afterall. " He held his breath a moment, before giving a warm smile.

"If anyone gives you trouble, don't hesistate tell me. We need to sort out trouble if we want to all collectively do well. Harmony is the essence to a better future." He held his smile as if there was a belief to be held to a quote from a cat poster. "Those who would not care for their fellow person would not care for the planet either. I take both matters quite seriously."

His eyes widened a little bit, "Right! My name! Of course. Sorry, I get a little lost in thought sometimes. As I'm sure you do." He laughed, flowing quickly to the next beat. "That's Toru for you. A stranger to everyone else."

I know...

I know that....

His eyes flickered over Aster's head. "Oh, dear...dear dear..." He mumbled under his breath. Clicking his tongue, as if beckoning Aster to follow him. He walked to a different part of the room where a different scramble was happening. "This seems quite detrimental to the general hygiene of this hall." His eyes looking between the two eggy colleagues. He sighed slightly, "That mess is unfortunate." Avoidable, really.

Like the egg-shake that seemed to be slightly more then just a greeting. "I get you wanting to crack open a new friendship, but could you not create slipping hazards for others?"

He put a finger up, "However, if you want to ease your sickness. Have you tried placing pressure on your wrist? I do hate seeing one unwell."

"Right, Aster?"

@ERode
@Luma
@DurkPut

[/fieldbox]

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Luma and DurkPut
Aki_Ico.jpg

Aster couldn't help himself but find himself nodding along to what Toru said. He felt really good vibes from him for whatever reason, which was probably the last thing he'd want to do considering everyone here were criminals. Maybe it was mistake he was here? He must have just stolen a bunch of manga like the theorized earlier. He couldn't possibly be bad person! ...Why did he feel the need to defend Toru to himself? He shook his head as if it would rid the thoughts out his brain and replied, 'Yeah I totally agree! Make love not war and all that stuff. I appreciate the concern and it's nice to meet you too, I'm... was just about to introduce myself. Again. Ummm....'

Luckily for him his new acquaintance was much more articulate and he paid his awkwardness no mind. As Toru clicked his tongue he followed after him, casting a weary glance to the scuffle nearby as if they suddenly grab him and make him become involved whether he wanted to or not. He followed him to a corner of the room near the trash where he could see two other Humans covered in eggs. Didn't they appreciate the food? It wasn't that bad, in fact it was pretty tasty!

While Toru admonished them he couldn't help but pluck a bit of egg off the black haired Human's shirt in front of him and eating it before something in particular caught his attention.

'Wait you can just jam your fingers on your arm to get over sickness?' Aster asked, 'That's so cool!'

Now that he thought about it he never actually remembered a time he was ever sick, only whenever he faked it to get out of school. His mother- or rather that woman Meisa never fell for it since he guessed she didn't create him to get sick but his dad would 'fall' for it every now and then. He wondered if he could actually get sick much less if that trick would even work on him since he wasn't Human before Toru snapped him out his thoughts.

'Yeah you should totally try that finger thing!'
Aster said with a grin, 'I mean I'd try it but I'm not woozy and stuff.'

He wondered why they were flinging eggs at each other they didn't seem to hate each other... yet. Maybe they were cannibals trying to season each other? He really had to stop assuming the worse of everyone he met, but it was hard not to do when he knew what they were all here for. If he got to know everyone a bit more he might be more open minded, considering the only person he thought was a good egg at the moment was Toru. Was the feeling even mutual?

'So how about you two?' Aster asked, 'Who are you? We're Aster and Toru. Me being Aster and Toru being... well Toru.'

@Rithas @ERode @Luma

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Rithas
[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

Fuka didn't even resist Banri's nasty handshake. Though she noticeably shivered at the touch, her voice retained the friendliness. "Ehehe, on that scale, I'd be a chocolate chip cookie."

Releasing her grasp, Fuka took a look at her now oddly colored palm and considered it for a moment. Supposedly reaching some sort of decision, she brought it up to her tongue but recoiled before it could touch the substance, scrunching her nose.

"Still don't like it," she stated, wiping the foodmatter into the garbage as a chatterbox approached with another in tow. A moment after they'd stopped talking, she let out a short burst of a laugh. "Oh, hah! I get it. Puns. Eggcellent." Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly at Toru after he suggested an odd remedy to a non-existent problem.

"Anyway, greetings, Astoru. I'm Fuka, and this is my colleague, Dr. Eggman," she presented Banri under a shameless video game reference. Fuka continued straight into another topic.

"My bet is on the blueberries over there," she pointed two fingers towards the growing cluster of hostile convicts. "Maybe if we're lucky, they'll drag the bubblegum into it too. Then it would be a cotton candy trio."

@ERode
@Rithas
@DurkPut[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Late Morning / Hisakawa Prison Ferry, Mess Hall]

"Here, I have a handkerchief ready!"

"Thanks so much! Geez, all the moving around and I lost so much of the little stuff. These days, little stuff ends up counting way more, though..."

Kuni tried to continue to help pick out the eggs, but there only so much she could do with her hands. Considering the fact that the guy spit them out, she'd probably need to clean them later.

[color= #e34234]"Sorry that I'm powerless, I can only help by wiping you clean, I hope you don't mind"[/color]

"Nope! Nobody is powerless here! We've just playing support while everybody else is the attackers! We're working together to try and help!"
as sickeningly sweet as it sounded, Kuni was one hundred percent serious. Not everybody could stand up to the bullies, but someone could still do little things.

"My name is Ryuu, let's save the further introduction until this situation is under control. I understand the lady here goes by the name Kuni, how about you, umm..."

"Nice to meet you, Ryuu!"

"... have I been transported to the pokemon world suddenly?"

Kuni whispered this to herself and was tempted to pinch her cheek to make sure that her statement was true. I'm pretty sure my Pokemon adventure would involve a lot less human dog food.

Some guy in glasses came up to talk a bunch at the bullies. Kuni wanted to say something about how she wasn't part of the brewing fight, but her only thought was to try and separate this guy from the guy from a certain once-popular shounen manga. It's his fault for bringing up comics, Kuni thought.

"... that being said, we should all at least move away from this group before an actual fight breaks out,"
Kuni whispered to the two near her. "Glasses-kun has a point. I'm preeeettty sure the guards won't care if we're involved or not when we're all still this close."

@Ehb
@Love
@Everybody
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Forta, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

"...Ai. My name is Ai."

The bullied child wearily took hold of the hand that this strange girl had extended out to them. She introduced herself as Kuni.

"Thank yo-" But she immediately withdrew as this barrage of a student came up, offering a handkerchief of their own and a blaze of words and exposition.

"Are you okay? I saw you getting bullied and no one was there to help, I was really worried since that big guy escalated his threats, but thank the heavens you're fine,"

"Yes, I'm-"

"But really, I was seething when that bully spit his egg, you poor little thing, nobody deserves this. All of us might be criminals, but we do have class, and that big guy was just classless, a mindless barbarian"

"Oh, well that's-"

"Sorry that I'm powerless, I can only help by wiping you clean, I hope you don't mind"
"Nope! Nobody is powerless here! We've just playing support while everybody else is the attackers! We're working together to try and help!"

"Actually I'd rather you didn-"

"Nice to meet you, Ryuu!"

"The pleasure is mine, and...Um."

"Could you be so kind as to shut up for a moment?"

Just what sort medicine was this Ryuu person supposed be on?

Ultimately Kuni suggested that they get away. But as it would turn out, the entire confrontation would be over faster than they could leave.

Is this what human kindness is called? Or was it misguidance?

Forta thought of this as she saw the stampede of events go on by. First, the arrival of a boy who offered to become a sort of punching bag. Which made her wonder if he was offering having himself getting hurt in order to satisfy some sort of Masochistic fetish they had. He seemed so gleeful about it, his flawless smile was almost unnerving. It was like he wasn't even aware of what he was actually saying.

"The hell is wrong with you!?"

Next, the arrival of a blue haired girl. Chiding the bully, she looked like someone out of the comic books. But... as fiery and compassionate as her words were, believing that a girl who looked more in place at a Coffee Shop could possibly do anything when it came down to fists was out of the question.

Forta wasn't sure what these two people's intentions were, but she ultimately she wanted to believe they wanted to help out this person who was getting bullied. But, even so, they were only putting themselves into danger. Even with the spirit to stand up to someone, or the courage to take the hits, once the punches start flying....

"YOU CRIMINAL SCUM! Prepare to face Justice for your evil deeds of evilness!"

No. Make that three people.
A girl with white hair joined the league of justice that was forming around this ever escalating incident. She made her entrance by slamming one of the metal plates over the head of someone at the Bullies' table.

They looked at her, after she made her announcement with absolutely dumbfounded expression. Certainly, this was a special kind of stupid they were dealing with.

"AAAAAUGH! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL WAS THAT FOR!?"

The victim of the white haired assailant's sneak attack held their head in agony.

"Stupid broad! What are you doing?"

Some sort of preemptive attack. Forta concluded mentally.

Adding on top to all of this, was one more person. The one girl in the room who had the scariest pair of eyes. She talked at length - but in summary, she simple said one thing. Escalating anything further will lead to grim outcomes.

She was seemed to be abnormally obsessed with the country she came from, it seemed.

Another fox-eyed student also seemed to share their sentiment. Giving a somewhat similar sort of articulated response after letting loose a shrill whistle that annoyed the bully.

"Screw you all! You don't have anything to do with this! None of you do!"

"Calm down. The weaboo has a point."

Laura felt someone ease themselves against their shoulder. It was a different person than the one whom was sitting at the table. This person was... incredibly short. Even shorter than the small shrimp they'd saved a moment ago.

But for someone of such a small size, the confidence they exuded was almost oppressive.

"With all the allies you have here - save for the masochist - , there's no way I'd be able to do anything at this point. Even with these fools. Sudo. Apologize."
"Wha...? But..."
"Apologize to the person already. If you don't you're on your own."

"Urgh....!"
"I'm sorry."

"Um. Don't mention it." Ai replied in a dumbfounded voice.

With that settled Forta eased up a little.It seemed like beyond throwing the plate, she didn't have to do anything more to save this person.

Just a moment ago, the bully seemed like he was about to go on a rampage. But, just a few words from that shortie seemed to calm them down. This person looked like a child almost, but just from seeing this little of them, it was apparent that they were a ringleader of sorts.

"I'm going back out. Don't cause any more fuss, okay? I'll be back with some more allies." They said as they left Laura's side, making their way to the other side of the mess hall.

"Yeah. Sit your butt down Sudo."
"Rrrgh... Kay'."

As they walked off, the ringleader tossed something onto the table.
A piece of plastic that was formerly a spoon, but it was broken. A sharp point where the spoon's head was missing.

Beside that grim revelation, everything in the room appeared to return to normal. All that was left was the collection of strangers who had come out to help the victim of the bully's gluttony.

After seeing all that had happened, Ai looked among her various saviors in disbelief.

"...Who are you people?"

Forta turned to her, her expression clearly showing she was about as baffled as the victim was.

"Most of us here are just concerned citizens I guess? Save for the masochist there."
Forta said as she wearily motioned to the optimistic punching bag who came up first.

Hayato_Ico.jpg

Earned the [ Masochist ] Title!

Relative normalcy returned to the cafeteria. However, after having saved the victim, it seemed wise to get them away from the table Sudo the bully was as before something started again. They continued their unlikely meeting after they moved off to the sidelines.

@Illin @LowDefinition @Skyswimsky @Karyra @RedArmyShogun @Love @EmperorsChosen

[/fieldbox]

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 4: Replying Etiquette

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 4: Replying Etiquette

Remember, when involved in a conversation or starting one, utilize Iwaku's @_Username function to help people know what conversation they're a part of. It can also be used to alert people you try to pull into a scene as well!

Additionally, please try to avoid copy pasting large sections of speech and action and opt to try summarizing instead. Nobody wants to reread through everything each post! Try to aim for freshness and newness and brevity for stuff that's already been written!

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 5: Starting Collabs

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 5: Starting Collabs

Sometimes when there are lots of people involved in a scene, it may be wise to opt to do a collaboration post. Where users continue the scene in the bounds of a PM message until it basically finishes. The person who starts the collab should be the one who compiles and posts it in the IC upon completion. Collabs are great since they do make making a post look a little less intimidating since it's a bunch of people working on a post together!

When starting a collab, please also invite @Ehb into it. The main reason for this is so that I know you all are actually working on something, specifically collabs with slower posters involved.

Also, please aim to have collabs no longer than a week. They shouldn't be any longer than this unless you have a whole entire subplot going on there. Remember, you can organize to have collabs done in the Discord Channel.

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 6: Character Titles

Assistance Pamphlet Vol. 6: Character Titles

Character titles are mostly for fun things for your character to gain to mark times they've demonstrated doing something particularly notable or undoubtedly them. Sometimes, if you're lucky, your character can even gain a 'Costume' Title, which changes their appearance in the IC when it's equipped.

Titles are also useful to keeping track of your character's 'story' in the RP. As they develop and grow, they can earn titles that mark their progression. They also kind of hint at what the GM thinks about your character in general, and what the setting thinks of the character in general as well. So place some consideration in what you do in the world.

Titles are kept track of in the Hisakawa Discord under it's so called 'start menu'.

img

"Chocolate chip cookie?" Banri arched an eyebrow, smiling as he shook off the excess egg himself and flopping onto a seat, "That's some tasty insanity you got there. Could use something sweet myself."

Leaning back, he let out a sigh, dark eyes flickering towards the new arrivals. A heterochromatic white guy who looked like he just stepped out of a cosplay convention and a smiley, slimy dude that spoke way too much. Who was this? The guy that killed his victims by talking them to death? Banri fought the urge to do anything with his right hand at all, keeping it a safe distance away from the rest of his body by lounging it on the not-so-clean cafeteria bench.

"General hygiene's toast when you got people spitting eggs and bashing heads and all that," the young man said, rolling his eyes. Oh god. No. His vision swam from that terrible motion and he grimaced, pushing away the delirium of sickness. "And pressure points are a myth. Placebo effect at work, yah?"

Geh, but that brunette's ikemen friend was totes on board with that bullshit. Great. A white-haired hot guy with the personality of a peppy high schooler.

"Go get sick and try it yourself then, Asser. I'd rather take my pills and skip school," Banri replied, disgruntled, "I'm Banri Eggman, yah, and that's Fuka Egggirl, my adopted daughter. Too much hedgehog juice made her loopy, and now she sees heads as colorful food items."

A pause, before he raised his still-somewhat eggy hand for a shake.

"Nice to meet you two. Bringing the best out of each other with your compare and contrast deal?"
@Luma @DurkPut @Rithas
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Status
Not open for further replies.