High School Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shock was all that Eric could feel. He was exhausted from last night and drawing both of the pictures and now a kiss? Eric's body just reacted, he didn't have time to think as his arms wrapped around Michael's neck. When they finally broke apart Eric's eyes went wide. "Michael...." He whispered, not sure how to go on.

Michael looked into Eric's eyes as they pulled back, the look in his eyes serious. "I love you, Eric. I love you. I want you and I'm not going to let you run away from me... you might say it's stupid and that I don't know what I'm saying... but you make my heart burn, and I want you to be mine..." He said as he looked into Eric's eyes, grabbing his shoulders.

Eric winced when he grabbed his shoulders and closed his eyes. "Please let my shoulders go." He whispered, opening his eyes and trying to grab the pictures he had just drawn. "I can see the love you have, but I don't know if I can accept it yet. You need to work on bettering yourself as well. Even if you have all this love it can get covered by the darkness you have in yourself."

Michael slowly let go and looked down, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry..." He whispered as he tried to look away. He wiped his eyes and tried not to cry but he just wanted to be with Eric. "I... I'll do anything for you. I'll even go to therapy and deal with my problems if that'll make you love me. But if you don't love me, I don't even care about anything anymore. I'd rather die than see you love someone else than me."

He sighed and wipped Michael's cheeks free of tears. "I want to love you Michael, I just have my own demons stopping me from showing affection towards a man. I can try to help you with your eating issues and maybe you can try to help me get over the... Mental abuse my father has been doing to me." It was a big step for Eric, admitting that his father did abuse him.

Michael blinked as he looked up at Eric and then hugged him tightly. "I know... I know that it's hard to admit all of these things have been happening to you... and I'll try to get over this obsessive thing about myself... but after my father died from becoming a crazy body builder I couldn't help but want to keep my muscles slim... I'm so scared of dying..." He whispered, finally giving any kind of fact as to why he was so crazy about keeping himself thin.

"M...Michael, I can't be hugged that tightly." Eric said softly, patting his back awkwardly. He took everything in and sighed. "You don't be a body builder unless you try to be one. It is healthy to have some muscles. I don't have much, but if I did a sport I'm sure I would. I guess we just both have daddy issues to get over."

Michael immediately pulled back and hugged Eric more gently, blushing heavily as he looked at him, and then looked down. "I know, but... I'm scared that I'll start thinking like my dad, wanting more muscles and in the end I'll go crazy like that and die... I don't mind looking like this at all, I don't like being so muscular, it scares me..."

"I think you being scared has caused you to go too far the other way and that can kill you too." Eric said softly. "I think you should talk to a counselor here, see if you can work through your dad's passing."

Michael held Eric's hand and looked into his eyes. "Do you... can I help you too, then? If I do that, can I help you? I want you to be with me... I want to help you become better too... so please... please allow me to help you too?"

Eric sighed and closed his eyes. "You can help me." He said after some hesitation. "But you can't do anything to anger my father. " Eric opened his eyes and watched Michael. "So you can try to help me, but you can't fully take me out of my situation and can't tell anyone about it."

"Okay, that's fine. Would your dad allow us to hang out with each other? I don't want him to be mad with you, but it would be better if I could see you more... more than just this..." Michael whispered as he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Eric. He wanted Eric to feel better about himself, anything to make him smile and laugh, anything to make him different.

He shook his head."no, unless it was on weekends. He usually leaves for the weekend." Eric said shrugging. He wasn't used to the contact so he flinched before Michael put his arms around him. It was off to Eric to have gentle contact with anyone.

Michael nodded slightly as he looked at Eric. "I understand. I'm sorry to hear that, Eric, I wish I could help you better than this, I feel so worthless to you." He said softly as he looked sadly at Eric, holding him close to his chest. "I want you to know that it'll be alright, somehow... I'm going to help you out, I promise... I promise that you'll get out of that house someday..."

"You're not worthless Michael. You just talking to me sometimes is helping. I just hope your other friends from the basketball team don't make fun of you for it. Everyone always says that things will be alright... Eventually it has to be true right?" Eric asked with a small smile.

"I hope I'll continue to be worth of something for you." Michael said as he looked at Eric and offered just a slight smile. "I wouldn't care what the guys at the team would say about me, I only care about helping you. Besides, they can't deny that I'm the best player on the team, and I'm quite the fangirl magnet. If only those girls knew that I only have eye for you." He said with another smile.

Eric laughed softly and nodded. "Okay then." He told him before sitting up straighter. "Do you have practice? Because I'll just be in here the rest of the period." Eric told him, glancing at the clock. There were only a couple more minutes until class started.

"No, I have a free period." Michael said softly as he looked at Eric with a little smile, leaning forward to kiss his forehead. He ran his hands through Eric's hair and smiled. "You know... I really love your drawings... they're always so pretty and meaningful, it makes me feel like I can see into your heart..."

He swallowed and glanced around to make sure there weren't too many people around. "I guess that's what it is supposed to do... You should go though, people can't see us together. My dad might find out somehow." Eric whispered.

Michael could see how nervous he was getting and blinked slightly. "Look, it's not like... huh? What do you mean by that? I mean, does your dad really keep that much of an eye on you? It's not like he'll know if some other students saw us... I mean... isn't that too weird?" He asked gently.

Status
Not open for further replies.