High School Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly. "No, of course my parents don't abuse me, Why would you even think that?" He whispered, rubbing his hands together. They were sweaty from nervousness. He knew that he couldn't let anyone know about the abuse, it would end up in his father killing him to prove a point.

"Yes, you are. I know you're scared... but I'll keep it a secret if you think that's better. Just please... for once, tell me the truth." Michael pleaded Eric, hands holding his, and the feeling of them shaking confirmed for Michael that Eric was lying. "I promise I won't tell anyone, I promise I'll just let it stay with me... but please... please let me know... I can't live without knowing anything about you or your life."

"He'll kill me." Eric whispered. "And he'll kill you too if he ever finds out. Just don't tell anyone. Don't try to help me, it won't work." He looked up and realized they were getting close to his stop. "Let go of my hands, he can't see them or he will do worse."

"Alright... alright I understand." a while before they reached his stop, he allowed himself to kiss Eric's cheek. "I promise I'll protect you, no matter what I do. I don't want to see you get hurt or killed. But for now, I promise I won't say anything to anyone." He let go of Eric's hands when he was asked to, looking into his eyes. "Be safe." He pleaded as he looked at Eric leaving the bus with a sad expression.

He knew that there wasn't much of a way to do that unless he just didn't go home, but Eric felt he had to. His father had been fine until around two years ago when his mom left, claiming she loved another woman. Since then Eric had been hit and bruised, forced to believe that only a woman and man can love each other. His father hadnt always been bad, circumstances made him become angier.

(Want to just skip to tomorrow morning, I don't want to go over all the abuse stuff)

(yeah yeah)
The next morning, Michael was filled with intense worry and he just hoped from the bottom of his heart that Eric would come to school, bruised or not bruised or whatever, he just wanted to see the other boy alive. He wondered what could cause a father to treat his son like that, when Eric had done nothing wrong in his life. That just made him even more worried, thinking about such things.

Eric almost woke up late the next morning, sore from what had happened last night. Nothing would be visible, it was all on his back and his arms, as long as he wore long sleeves and jeans. As he showered and dressed Eric just hoped he would be able to keep Michael from guessing more of what happened.

He walked to school, knowing he could get breakfast from the cafeteria, it was surprisingly good compared to their lunches. Once he was in the cafeteria Eric remembered that he was supposed to meet with Michael. They had never agreed on a spot though, so Eric just hoped Michael would find his way to the cafeteria.

Michael tried to control himself from freaking out and he roamed around the school in fear. He felt like he was going crazy from the worry that was holding him down. He wanted to hold and comfort Eric and wanted to see him alright just once. Just once in his life he wanted to protect someone from getting hurt or comforting them.

He went to the cafeteria as his last resort and that's when he saw Eric and walked over to sit with him there. He could see that Eric was beat up, maybe not the physical bruises, but at least the mental ones. He looked tired and beat down. In the empty cafeteria, he gave Eric a hug. It didn't say anything in particular, it was rather just a hug. A hug to comfort.

He winced from the additional pressure from the hug and didn't move his own arms around Michael. "Hey, ah, could you stop?" Eric asked, trying not to sound like a douche. "It's just... Ah, my back hurts." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. Hopefully that wouldn't be enough for him to connect too many dots.

Michael flinched back as he looked away from Eric, but he couldn't take it and pulled a little at Eric's sleeve, seeing the bruises. "I knew it... I'm so sorry... I couldn't protect you... if I'd just hidden you away somewhere where no one would find you..." He whispered, tears forming in his eyes as he spoke, hoping that Eric wouldn't be mad at him again.

Eric quickly pulled his sleeve back down and looked at the ground. "It's not your job to protect me. I'm doing fine. Just don't tell anyone okay?" He said, wrapping his arms around himself, in a defensive position.

"I told you I wouldn't tell anyone, but I'm making it my job to protect you... how could I not want to protect you?" Michael looked into Eric's eyes. "I love you, okay? I don't know why and how but I love you! And I don't want to see you hurt..."

He laughed and shook his head. "You can't love me. You haven't had a lot of time with me and love doesn't grow from just watching, admiration does. And I don't need anyone to protect me. It will only get me more hurt." Eric looked towards the area with the food and sighed. "I need to get food before the stop serving."

Michael looked at Eric with a seriousness in his eyes that hadn't been there before. "I haven't just been watching you, I've tried to read you for months. Find out what kind of person you are, watching whenever you talked go someone or did something, and slowly I learnt a lot about you. I don't admire you. I want to take you with me home right now if I could and show you just how much I love you to the point of my heart bursting." He looked into Eric's eyes, his own glance deadly serious with every word he spoke to the other male.

Eric shifted his eyes to the ground, his father's words running through his head. "You can't." He said simply. "No one can love me." With that he moved foreward to the food and picked out his breakfast before going to the cashier and handing her a punch card. It was a clear sign that he got free meals, but Eric would take what he could get.

Michael sighed as he looked at Eric, before waiting for him to come back from the counter to the table to answer. "Your father isn't right." He said, simply guessing why Eric said such things. "I love you, and no one gets to decide who I love." He looked into Eric's eyes with the most serious expression. "I want you to know that I love you and you only."

He took a few deep breaths and closed his eyes. "Michael... He'll kill you if he ever finds out and then he'll kill me. It isn't worth it to be killed for someone like me. Just go have a crush on some other guy, someone more like you. It would be simpler." Eric whispered, wishing what he said wasnt true.

Michael sighed as he shook his head, looking at Eric. "Then maybe I'll die, maybe I won't... I'll try my very best to save you, Eric. To keep you safe and sound so that you won't get hurt." Michael moved closer to Eric, holding him tightly. "I love you, don't leave me because of this. Don't leave me just because you're scared.."

Eric just shook his head. "We've never been together Michael. You asked me to breakfast, once, that's it. This amount of time isn't enough for someone to fall in love even if you have been watching me. Just stop talking like that and maybe we can keep hanging out. I don't believe that you love me right now, you just love the idea of me. "

Michael sighed as he looked at his friend. "Okay, fine, then I'm going to be your friend, but don't think I'll give up on you. If I'm still in love with you after all this, will you believe it then? I know a lot more about you than you might think. I'll stop talking about it for now, but when we've been friends for a while I might just bring it up again. I won't give you up."

Status
Not open for further replies.