High School Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric shook his head. "No it isn't too weird Michael, it's happened before." He said, turning to look out the window. "We can't meet much, just at lunch and maybe inbetween classes."

Michael got so worried and he looked at Eric. "I'm so sorry, Eric... I feel so bad when I think about what's happened to you...." He leaned closer and put his hands over Eric's. "Am I allowed to one day to try to save you?"

"No." Eric said shaking his head. "Just stop talking about it okay? You don't understand what it's like. I know you want to be some sort of hero, but you can't. I've lived with this for years and you are just starting to see it. There isn't anything you can do to fix it, you'll just make it worse." Eric told him before standing.

"Why?" Michael said painfully as he grabbed Eric, preventing him from standing up. "I'm not trying to be a hero! But what you don't get is that no one deserves a life like this, just because you're used to it now, just because so long amounts of time have passed doesn't equal that you should just give up on everything... Eric... you can't save your dad... he's long gone..."

"Because he will kill you that's why." Eric said, throwing his hands in their air. "He'll kill you, then he'll kill me and anyone else that he knows I knew or talked to. He'll make it look like an accident too." He shook his head. "You don't understand what losing my mom did to him, he is crazy and will stop at nothing to keep me around. You can't help me, no one can."

"He is not going to kill me, I won't let him." Michael said as he looked at Eric. He sighed slightly. "You know, just because your daddy is scary and all that shit, I doubt that he is that powerful. Is he some sort of gang leader?" Michael asked as he looked at Eric. "I know, I know that such people can lose it, but that doesn't mean you should just give up on everything, I mean, that won't help you in the least!"

Eric flinched from his language and looked towards the ground. "No, his just a police officer who can pay off people if he needs to and has been trained how to kill." He took a breath and then shook his head. "Please go away Michael. I don't want another person who doesn't respect me and my thoughts around me."

Michael definitely didn't let go, this wouldn't be the end of them and his words were honest. "That's not fair, you can't just sit around and be abused because he's a police officer! You have to tell someone!" He said as he looked at Eric. "I don't want to go away. I love you. Why do you say I don't respect you? Not respecting yourself is letting this guy control your life! Wake up!" He desperately tried as he held Eric's shoulders.

"Just stop." Eric said, shaking his head. "You don't know the whole story, I've tried to get out before and it didn't end well. You think it will be simple, but it won't. You don't respect me because you don't listen to my thoughts, to why I am scared, you just say how you will change things. I don't need someone like that."

"Why?" Michael had tears in his eyes but he didn't care. "You didn't tell me! How do you expect people to know you by one glance? You said yourself that I don't know you... why are you saying these things? I don't know what to do, okay? I love you, and I want to save you no matter what the cost... is that such a wrong feeling to have? Is that really such a bad thing to feel?"

"When it can get you killed? Yes that is a bad thing to feel." Eric whispered before shaking his heads. "You should go, my class starts soon and I need to stay here." He didn't want to be seen close to Matthew, his father might find out.

"I don't care! Please just don't tell me that this is how you'll tell me to leave you..." Michael moved closer to Eric. "Please... promise me that I will see you again, then I'll leave." Michael said as he looked at Eric, not wanting this to be it. He hated it so much.

"You'll see me around Michael, but you should just stay away from me. I will only bring you pain and I'm not worth it." Eric said softly before turning to his drawing. He hated himself for saying the words, but it would be what might keep him safe. All Eric cared about what keeping Michael safe.

"I will not stay away from you, Eric. Even if you try to force me, I'll just do something else to be involved with you. I'm not going to give you up when you're at the brink of being killed by your father. Then I might as well take my own life." Michael said in a serious voice as he looked into Eric's eyes. "I'd rather die than live without you."

"I guess we'll just have to see who gets killed first then." Eric said coldly before turning around and drawing some dark, heavy lines on the page. Michael was angering him, but it was more the fact that he couldn't be with Michael, the fact that his father was keeping him hostage.

Michael sighed as he got up, but before that, he forcefully yanked Eric forward for a kiss after making sure no one was there. "I love you." He said in a clear voice before he left. He knew that the anger wasn't directed at him. He could see the beg for help shining out of Eric's eyes clearly, and he was going to make sure that he became the hero for once in his life.

When he was gone Eric felt tears slowly slip down his face. Everything was messed up. He couldn't like men, he couldn't like anyone or his father would get to them. His paper became a mix of dark lines and tear stains.

Michael was regretful. He was sad, in a bad mood. When his mates came to check on him, he sent them away with a wave of his hand. Of course, the gossip started. They began talking about if he'd been dumped by his girl or something like that. But no. Michael felt nothing like that.

When his morning classes were done Eric slowly made his way to the cafeteria. Sitting in the classes had caused his pains to come back from the beating last night. He hoped that Michael had just gotten his food or was with some of his friends. As he made his way through the line of food Eric was moving slowly, as he went to pay, someone bumped into him and caused his food to go flying.

Michael was not there just yet. He didn't know if he could handle it. All of that food... it made him feel sick. He was sitting on the lawn outside the school in the shade of a tree, hiding his face in his hands. He didn't know what to do with himself. He wanted to be with Eric... and yet, everything kept him away from the one person he loved in his life. It was wrecking for him to haev something like that, wrecking. He wanted to be with the boy that he truly loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.