• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
V

Vellum

Original poster
(Updated: 8/27 - - Redone entirely. I can do HTML in my sleep, but CSS is a whole new monster to me)

I have another thread around here somewhere that I should probably delete rather than allowing it to fester in the depths of the 1x1 search thread...

Anyway, hello, hi, and welcome to the thread. I'm Vellum, a senior in high school. I've been roleplaying for nearly a decade, and consider myself reasonably good at writing. Notice I say writing, and not speaking. Because I speak like a parrot mimicking a language but not fully understanding it. I'm not eloquent when I have to say things.

For a partner, I'm looking for someone that can match my 3-8 paragraphs per post and understands how to keep an RP moving. I cannot express how exhausting it is to deal with a character who merely responds to my posts and adds nothing in return. Otherwise, I'm open to M/M, M/F, and F/F pairings (but also platonic stuff). If you're a bluestar, I will do smut (and you can find my bluestar thread here). If you're a redstar...you don't need a reminder, I'm sure.

This post is dedicated to plots specifically. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in one, or post here on the thread.
"'Til Death Do Us Part" (Warning: word wall in spoiler) (M/F)
Umbral is a kingdom that is dominated by snowscapes and evergreen forests, and home to the hardy people known as Umbrish. Umbral is a newer nation, only a hundred or so years since they earned their independence from the nation of Etore. Recently enough that the dwarves and elves that consider themselves Umbrish remember the bloody war that led to their independence and are far from keen to re-ally themselves to Etore. Umbrish are known for their love of their horses, dogs, ale, and little else.
Etore is a nation on the edge of the Waking Abyss, an ocean that functions as the end of their maps. At one point, Etore had an empire that stretched to all edges of the continents and was the center of the known world. As with all large empires, keeping control of all their provinces became too much of a burden and the empire broke down bit by bit. The nail in the coffin was Umbral, proving that even a group of upstarts in what is considered the ass-end of the continent could push out the Etorian forces. Still, Etore is a center of trade, arts, and science.
A war is brewing, and Umbral knows that they're in the crossfires. Because of their relative inexperience in war and government, outside nations are whispering about conquering the young country as a start to the war. Between their forests and useful location, Umbral would end up warn-torn and ruined. The opposition is Ourshal, a country with aspirations of expansion. They have money, size, and resources on their side.
Etore will be next on the list if Umbral falls, and while they have the money to wage war--wars, also require people and resources. There is no wood on the rocky coast they call home, and even fewer of the metals they'll need for weaponry. Despite the outrage from both country's populace, the regents and their advisers have made a decision.
Umbral's royal family has a single child, a daughter that will inherit the throne ((Muse A)). Etore's royal family has offered up one of their princes in return, allowing the two countries to become allied through marriage ((Muse B)).
The plot revolves around this impending marriage, the political turmoil resulting in alliances with the country that oppressed your's for three centuries, and a war that will most certainly result in a loss of many lives. This RP is high-fantasy, with dwarves, elves, and humans as well as magic users (mages), and mythical creatures along the lines of dragons, drakes, and their like.

"The Dark of Night" (M/M for obvious historical reasons)
Trained from the moment they could toddle around on fat toddler feet, you won't find a better trained assassin than Muse A and Muse B. You also wont find more expensive ones, but if you want something done well, you should expect to pay for something done well. As master assassins, they can render a man lifeless in moments with no regard to the attempts he makes to save himself. An assassin always hits their mark. They are not the only ones, either. An entire order exists, operating from the shadows and quietly influencing the events in the world around them. They do not masquerade as pure or righteous people, but the order will do what must be done for the greater good.
Until a fateful night in late summer burns the Order's home to cinders, leaving only ashes and charred bones where a home and family once stood. By chance, the two had been assigned a high-profile mission together and were away from the headquarters when they were razed.
Objective: Find who did this, and make them pay for every life lost.
Sub-Objective: Rebuild.

"Decay" (Heavily based on Last of Us) (Also, another word wall)
A looping announcement on every channel and radio station in the country. Similar ones likely play all over the world. The president stands in front of the White House, looking as if he dressed in the dark. The crowd, if there is one behind the camera, is dead silent but the sound of sirens is faint in the background. He addresses the crowd, words blend together and stand out all at once. Reassurances that things are in hand, that a state of emergency has been issued, for people to stay in their homes and cooperate with law enforcement and military.
That was before the power went out and things went to shit. January 15th, 2023 marked the beginning. The first weeks were the worst in terms of casualties, between ignorance of the situation and disbelief, the deaths were well in the thousands worldwide. By August of the same year, the Cordyceps family of fungus had been pinpointed as the cause of these 'zombies'. The already dead were not rising from their graves, but once inhaled, ingested, or transmitted through fluids the spores of the fungus rapidly destroyed the minds of the host and reduced them to little more than shambling corpses. Despite being reduced to base instincts, they're still intelligent enough to grasp concepts of ambush and stalking prey. Luckily, they're easy to kill if you know how.
It's December now.
Muse A and Muse B live in the ruins of Washington, D.C. under martial rule. The area surrounding the concrete walls that form their city are filled with the infected, gangs, and wildlife. But staying in D.C. is no longer an option after Muse A gets caught on one of their schemes and exiled from the city. The two have decided to make their way toward Seattle, to a group of rebels that claim they have the cure for this plague.

"I Hold Your Heart in Mine"

Muse A is a patient in a psychiatric hospital in the late 1800's/early 1900's. A time when the treatment of mental illness was done with good intentions but very rarely helped more than it hurt. Green Haven Asylum is higher on the spectrum than others--not as bad as Penhurst, but certainly no vacation. Muse B is their doctor, and not necessarily a bad person. He's doing his best, but that's not necessarily comforting. In a bet gone wrong, Muse B finds himself in love with Muse A.

"A Modern Faust"
Muse A is gifted exorcist, considered one of the best. He rose through the ranks with ease, adopting the rules and customs the way a fish takes to water. Muse B is a demon, currently possessing the body of a college student. They are brought before Muse A in hopes that the Exorcists can force them from this husk of a person they now inhabit. These hopes are dashed when Muse B proves to be a stubborn, powerful creature. It comes down to Muse A to keep the Demon in the church and figure out a way to force them from the student's body before real damage can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated! With new plots and scrapped the CSS because that shit is 2hard4me.

Is our RP even a thing anymore?

Is our RP even a thing anymore?
If you would like it to be. I was getting some disinterested vibes, so I thought I would step off--and then I had a pretty long hiatus.

I do want the RPntp continue but maybe with a bit of a time skip.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I do want the RPntp continue but maybe with a bit of a time skip.
Then I will gather the materials for a necromancer's ritual. I'll see about writing it up tonight.

Sounds good. Lol it's 3am here so take your time.