Healers Required.

Hikari looked from Hona, to her food, and back again, feeling guilty for taking her food from her, Even just a little, bit takes a single, tiny nibble, Both to make her happy and to not take much of her food when He has some coming.

Yuuki gives deen a Small glance at his salute and his inquiry on what experience she has. "Well, Where to begin....When I was little, I had three siblings. One older sister, Though only by a little, and 2 brothers, One older, One younger. Thr Older of my brothers always pushed his younger counterpart harder then I think he was willing to admit. My sister unfortunately met with an illness and passed on in my care, Well before I knew anything about medicine. It's the event that set me on my path, but, If I remember right we were all royalty. That changed after a bit, Which I will get to in a bit. My older brother was always gifted in the more martial of arts, With more of an earth and Water elemental focus, he' d typically wear armour made of layared strips that he could weaponize, or form into a shield by manipulating the little Earthen impurities within." She pauses for a moment, Taking a sip from her drink before continuing.

"My younger brother, however, well, He was the opposite in almost every way. More soft and gentle, emotionally. He was the most skilled out of any I've ever seen with Fire and using it, or halting it's destruction to save others if fires started, and he had a gift for wind too. He was gifted in anything magic he tried, Except the elements opposite his own two, and wasn't one for physical conflict. He would always get lectured by his brother and clam up, stare at the ground, and get quiet. Especially after losing a sparring match. He was also one to sneak out regularly, and would get yelled at and lectured by both parents and his brother if he was found out. Eventually he started coming to me, and as the last family memer who hadn't been quite involved until then, I chose to protect his gentle little self as best I could. 'Course, it didn' t hurt that my older brother was afraid of me when I got angry, So I was able to use that to make him run off a number of times..... " Taking another sip, and offering a slight pause yet again.

"Earlier though, when I mentioned we weren't royalty any longer, It's because our kingdom was destroyed. Razed, Everyone in it massacred....We disn't see them coming. I was only able to watch as the younger fled after watching his friends attempt to get away, His older brother going to help fight. I waited in hiding until the coast was clear, Helped about 100 injured people fore I fled too. I don't know what happened to them after that, Haven't seen them again since. If I was able to make it out, I'm sure the order brother was, But I worry what became of the younger. He may have made it out, As last time I revisited, Expecting to see both of their bodies, They weren't anywhere to be found. Nor were those of the ones I had helped, Which only helped reaffirm I had chosen the right path. I hope they're okay..." letting out a short sigh, Before taking an extended drink from her beverage, Emptying it.

"I have since found it by far easier to just lose myself in work, To help as many as I can as often as I can. Sorry if that's not exactly what you two expected."

@Roose Hurro (Sorry for le delay)

Life's Story...

Hona looked from Hikari to her plate and back again, paw-hands clamped to muzzle as she squealed into her palms. Eyes so bright. Fur, fluffed all over. Then she grabbed up her fork, used it very careful and deliberate... if a bit messy... to hack off a chunk. Poke it, so it would stick on the tines. Then, with equal care, so she didn't poke herself in the eye or shove pancake up her nose...

... yes, she bit it off the fork, chewed, swallowed, gave Hikari a bright smile, then cut off another piece. Held it out towards him... "I's a-gets one, you's a-gets one!"

All the while, her ears, big as they were, couldn't help but hear adult conversation. Yes, always an incidental eavesdropper. Quite happy just to file what she heard away, for future use.......

With a warm smile and listening ears, Thoee held Peet to chest with one arm, while using the other to work on her tea and breakfast, leaving it up to her mate to finish what he started... but yes, ever there to listen. And Deen? To give Yuuki his full attention, he traced a pattern around his breakfast plate, to keep his food from getting cold, then turned back around on his stool, coffee mug in hand. Ears and tail's tip flicking, mane and body fur fluffing, shroudruff giving off a soft chuff... every move, showing his attention to Yuuki's story... every move, appropriate in tone to her words. Till the end...

... "I've learned to not expect the expected." Deen gave off his own short sigh, in support. With a glance into his near-empty mug, all four nostrils a-flare... "Quite a story you have here..." Yet, being Deen, he couldn't help mixing some goofball with the serious... "I find it difficult to lose myself in work... I always know where I am." He also emptied his mug, a final swallow before he grinned and set mug aside. Grabbed a handful of chest fur, like a cat's scruff... "I can't take this suit off. No matter how much I might want to." He let go, shook himself a bit, then...

... "It wasn't that they weren't anywhere, they just weren't where you were......."

Thoee couldn't help a soft giggle... "What My Love is trying to say... looking is worth doing."

Hikari looks to Hona for a bit, Puzzled, but nods a bit, not wanting to upset her and does as she suggests, Taking small nibbles and bites from the food in front of them, Not paying any real focus to Yuuki's story, But hearing and processing her words all the same, thinking both on her words and on her feelings and their similarity to his own.

Yuuki looks from Deen to Thoee, Facepawing a little at his goof comments. Turning to Thoee however, especially given the contents of her last 'translation', She cocks her head to the side a little, Doing her best to hide the hope and the uncertainty. "I... I mean, I want to believe they all made it out, but as for looking for them, I don't have any idea where they'd be. The older brother may choose to take up bodyguard work, or something similar, But my younger sibling? if I'm honest he's the one I worry about most. He's way too hard on himself regularly, And I fear he could start developing mental or social issues if he's left to his own devices for too long. AlwYs was one to isolate himself and usually wouldn't speak up when something was bothering him, except on rare occasions. Always was good with kids though, So maybe helping those less fortunate than he?"

At this point she drew up a fairly battered photograph that, upon being set atop the table in front of them, would seem to be a family portrat, Depicting all 4 of the young dragons, Their parents, and some of their other immediate family. Yuuki would look at least a number of years younger, with a pose and expression of adorableness in nature, Tail digging into one of her brothers sides in a way that would look uncomfortable whilethe other seemed to almost be using her to hide behind a little, One of her wings draped over their back. The one Yuuki seems to be sheltering would appear to be being moderately teased by the other, whereas the two parents would almost seem to be pretending not to notice with a younger female all the way in front, head tilted at a rough 45 while looking towards the camera.

Looking at it for a moment or two, before turning it so Thoee and Deen cound see it if they wanted to. "Image is somewhat old, But it has everyone in it. Shame most are either missing or passed." she finishes her oen beverage not too long after.

"Enough about me. What about you guys? Where you come from? what are your own families like?" Cracking a smile, Yuuki's pain leaks through to a degree but the question would seem to be one fueled by a genuine interest.

@Roose Hurro

Like Family...

Neither Thoee nor Deen missed the leak. They also didn't miss the genuine interest. Or the photograph. Thoee also traced a "preservative" around her breakfast, as both she and her mate slid off their stools, and stepped over to the table to see better. Deen, with tail in hand as he grinned, ears back...

... "Much as my parents liked sex, they only ever had me. I had to learn to play with myse......." Thwack! Thoee's tail-tuft gave the back of Deen's head a gentle reminder to mind his manners. Then...

... "Please forgive My Love... Vern of Ahvviyinn and Tessi of Khekks birthed a daughter a bit over ten years ago. After their experience with..." She gave her mate a very warm smile... "I can perfectly understand why they waited so long for another kit."

While rubbing the back of his head, Deen opened his mouth as if to say something, then quickly snapped his pie hole shut. With equal quickness, he snapped out a chuckle...

... "... call me a wild animal..."

Thoee gave him a hug and rubbed him between the ears. Then she reached down and gently picked up the photo...

... "My father is Sen of Wirrtill. My mother, Kurra of Rurrumm." She gave another warm smile to the photo... "I have five siblings. Three brothers. Two sisters. All with families of their own."

"... Didn't dare break up The Symmetry..."
said Deen, soto voce.......

Honalee?

She also heard and processed, but kept her thoughts on making a new friend. Sharing food, one way to do that.......

Yuuki nods a bit and smiles, listening to their explanations, chuckling a little at Deen's, well, Deenness, before casting a gentle, if concerned gaze to Hikari for a moment, before returning. "I bet. as for Symmetry, it helps to make sure no one's lonely, but also increases the amount of sharing." Smiling softly again, watching as they move to look at the photo.

Hikari, on the other hand, was busy trying to deal with some of his own shyness and doing his best to open up to Hona, slowly wrapping a wing around her back. After all, Shyness wasn't something that typically got in the way of ones' protective nature, gently poking her nose, doing his best to open up as well as he can, Tip of his tail wrapping around and resting against her.

@Roose Hurro

Poking Nature...

Deen got a slightly harder rub between his ears.......

And over the last few minutes, again the smell of fresh-made food.......

Thoee gave out a warm sigh, and fluffed all over...

... "Indeed, Dear Yuuki... never lonely, always sharing."

Deen grinned... "In the case of her brothers, perhaps sharing too much."

Thoee gave him a glance, attention diverted from the photo, ears akimbo.

Deen continued, ears back, glance down at his lap... "I don't think I've ever licked myself that much in public."

Thoee almost did a spit-take, a burst of amusement followed by tongue-in-teeth...

... "They did take personal hygiene quite seriously. Especially Zahhm." Her tail twitched, tuft flicked in her mate's direction... but no "thwack" for his antics. Back to the photo.......

Meanwhile.......

Honalee, so small, Hikari's wing was like a sail. His poke to her nose, like being poked by a grizzly bear's claw. Only without the blood and ouchies. She took it all in, as if it was perfectly normal for a Nism kit and a dragon child to interact this way. Well, it helped that she'd interacted with dragons before. One in particular not as nice as Hikari...

... "You's a'gots a big long tail'ers!"

Honalee put down the fork and patted his tail. Then she snatched up her own, sniffed it, then held it out... "Mine's a'so short!" Well, not really, but compared to Hikari's.......?

The smell of food grew strong, with the sound of someone approaching. That "someone" turned out to be Sharr, returning with Hikari's French toast, complete with a glass of dragonfruit juice... and his sister's pancakes, complete with whippy-cream face...

... "Herrre we arrre! Brrreakfast is serrrved!" He seemed happy to be back with "the group".

Yuuki gave an audible chuckle at the two she'd be presently sharing company with. Different culture, different norms. A bit of culture shock here and there, But she smiled nonetheless, Turning her attention to Hikari and Hona for a minute without making it obvious. Her smile widening a little upon seeing Hikari attempting to warm up, She turned back to the two before her.

"Hygene is important for sure, But there is such a thing as overdoing it, and it sounds like they were walking the borderline." Looking to Hikari's sister for a moment, Making note of how intently she's looking at the three adults as they converse, trying to listen and participate as best she can.

Hikari, on the other hand, Watched as Hona pat his tail and offered hers. Doing his best to hide a certain flush of his cheeks, He gently grabbed her tail and looked at it too Petting and stroking with the fur. "I-It's not t-too short. Probably does it's hob just fine. Mine? I-I dunno. Bit longer. Sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own." If he were honest, Hona was one of the few he had a chance to make friends with And yet, In his youth, He couldn't quite place the emotion he was experiencing in relation to her.

Moments later, A certain youthful someone took a leap toward the Adult nism Yuuki was talking to, Her small paw coated with a thin Layer of amber Syrup. "Rah!" Of course she was just being playful, But Yuuki tried to step in to grab her before her pounce could complete, Slightly unsure how they'd react to a small dragoness gliding through the air towards them.

@Roose Hurro

Borderlines...

Indeed, different culture and different norms. Nism, very well-traveled, prone to adopt things from others. But still holding their extinct Creators in a place of honor. Though with touches of their own creation...

... "Well..." Deen grinned, ears flicked back. Eyes turned to his mate, then down at their still sleeping son... "borderline is always open to interpretation." Deen's grin, now tongue-between-teeth, as he reached out and gave his son a very gentle rub-between-ears... "If not for little Peet here kicking in his mother's womb, I wouldn't have spent days trying to get the taste of barbecue sauce off my tes.......*"

Thoee reached out just in time, to clamp her male's mouth shut with a firm grip to muzzle...

... "Yes, My Love, I remember that... incident. No need to drench poor Yuuki with the details."

Meanwhile.......

Honalee giggled, tiny pawhands clamped to muzzle as Hikari stroked her tail...

... "Yes yes! I's a'also gots a tail's mindsies!" As if on que, her tuft started to twitch, and her tiny pawhands lept out to catch it, without much success. However, Sharr did manage to serve Hikari and his sister their breakfast

And then back again.......

Hikari's sister? She found an immediate use for her breakfast, at least for the side of syrup! Placed there just in case the whippy cream wasn't enough. And now...

... apparently, a small dragoness wanted to share. But Yuuki? Well, whether she caught the playful Little One or not, neither Thoee nor Deen would mind. Given they'd already shown their own playful sides.......

Yuuki, making her attempt to catch the little one, would wind up getting a paw to the face, also somehow covered with syrup, as her grip wouldn't connect to the little one, and she was forced to watch a sticky youth leap for the other two. chuckling a little to herself, she watched the result, unable to stop her, but moderately less-worried, given everything she had seen from the two the young one chose to pounce towards, Chuckling at the interchange between the two and the means of 'Silencing' Deen. An everyday occurrence, by the looks of it.

Hikari? He tried to help her stabilize that floof at the tip of her tail, best he could, before his attention got diverted to his food for a moment, and he looked to Sharr, nervously managing to squeek out a "Thank you," his inexperience and potential slight discomfort in social situations once again bleeding through a little, but his desire to maintain respect and politeness also weighing in heavily, Booping Hona on the snout a little, gently.

@Roose Hurro

Occurrences, Indeed...

Sharr's interest in all these "occurrences" brought a smile, inside and out. Shame he still had work to do... his shift to finish. Otherwise... well, back to work, with a nod-bow to Hikari for his "Thank you". And a hope that he'd enjoy the dragonfruit juice.

Poor Sharr just managed to miss The Pounce. Most likely no one else present missed this occurrence! Yuuki, syrup to the face. Thoee and Deen? Yes, his "Silencing" indeed a daily occurrence. Or nearly so. Him, oblivious to tact. But not oblivious to her reaction to him. To be honest, any excuse to be touched by his mate! Even if it meant his muzzle got clamped shut on his words. Or tongue. This time, he'd managed to avoid that last. Deen, expecting Thoee to react to "that word". Though, to be honest...

... "Sweetness..." Deen managed to "pry" Thoee's fingers off a moment before... "Yuuki is a doctor......." Though, to be honest again, he'd never heard his mate use the word "drench" before. Had to have been the image he'd been painting.......

....... and then.......

POUNCE!

Thoee still had son in arms, so it fell to Deen to...

... THUMP!

Hikari's sister had been quite the "bundle" to catch, so Deen, taking her full weight, had a very good excuse for falling out of his chair... falling back. Until he hit the floor, with young female dragon held aloft, and his fur all a-floof...

... "Oh..." Deen made a mock grunt, arms wobbling on purpose... "this reminds me. I never... caught your name......."

Honalee?

She didn't blame Hikari for his diversion. This mutual chasing of her tuft had been fun, while it lasted. So she, too, diverted to her breakfast. And giggled when Hikari booped her snout.......

---------------------

Last edited:
Yuuki let out a soft chuckle. Deen was right, she WAS a doctor, and had seen more then her fair share of things, good, bad, ugly, medical. So as unphased as she was, she did nod a bit in approval to Thoee for sparing those around who hadn't had the background she had the colorful details. Just so however, as she was greeted by a small, Syrup pawprint to the face, letting out a small 'eep!' at the unexpectedness of it all. Grabbing a napkin, having missed in her catch, she started cleaning the syrup from her face, dipping it in the icewater prior to help with the purging of the sticky print.

Hikari smiled a little when he heard her giggling, slowly but definitely surely opening up to Hona a little. Cracking his proverbial shell as she had been up until now, he finally seemed to be relaxing a little, warming up to the blinding beacon of joy she seemed to radiate.

His sister, on the other hand, beamed as held aloft in Deens' hands, wings open and spread, acting as if she were flying, supported by him, rawring in that gentle, childlike fashion kids were so good at, both useful for the air of innocence and the tool to attempt to get what they wanted from adults. In this case, it was most likely the former, though she could be coaxed to stick around Deen a little more, were the opportunity to arise...

"Akiko, I think. Maybe it was Sis though, Not quite sure." She gives Hikari a mischievous smirk, teasing him a little. "and you were, what was it? Doon?" the angle of her head tipping a bit as she looked to Deen, curious if she had gotten it right.

@Roose Hurro

Beam Me Up...

Not only was Yuuki a doctor, but most everyone else within earshot happened to be adults, so, really, the word Deen almost used would have been very well known. As it was, a few probably smirked at his antics, a few probably blushed, and a few more most likely almost choked on whatever they were eating and/or drinking. Even less huffed out a bluster of offended dignity, as they turned their eyes away. Probably so they didn't look at the very... ummm... things described in three short letters. Deen did, indeed, have that effect on people.......

And another indeed. Honalee, a blinding beacon of joy. Despite the fact she knew what word her dada had almost used. Because children are curious. Ask the darndest things. And when their questions are answered, they either ask more questions, or move on to better things. Like licking whippy cream off spoons and forks. Eating panny cakes. And making new friends.

Deen, on the other hand, liked being a furry goofball. Because it was better than being a grumpy fluff-butt. Helped, his pride in his own body, in his family, in his determination to take LIfe in as freely as his Spirit could. Let it out, with as much Hakuna Matata as he could. As much fun. As much joy... reason his daughter served as a blinding beacon...

... "Well, Akiko... I'm grateful you didn't also change the 'n' to an 'm'... or I'd be doomed." Cheeky grin, as he continued to hold her aloft... "But just in case, I'm Deen, of the Bloodline Ahvviyinn." Tongue between teeth... "But you can call me 'Doon' if you wish" A glance towards... "Might want to eat your breakfast before it gets cold. And before it gets to be lunchtime."

His forehead badge gleamed. A steady, gentle wind blew, and Deen lifted up from the floor... Akiko would feel her weight rise up with him, as his hands slipped up to hers, and they both lightly touched ground on their feet.......

Hikari, Glancing to Hona, before going back to his food for a moment, and then back again, allowed himself a moment to smile, however small, and for however short a time. Her effect was certainly influencing him, and likely not in a bad way either. Though he knew he would have to part with them eventually, and thus tried to prevent himself from getting too attached to the little one he'd be sharing a meal with at the moment. He'd be lying, of course, if he were to claim it wasn't nice having a group of people that didn't fear him for what he was. That didn't throw rocks, sticks, and other, far smaller, colder, harder items, announcing their journey through the air with loud, echoing booms.........

Akiko looks at Deen, tilting her head a little, poking his nose with a claw gently as she is hover-lifted. "Deoon? A-AhBean?" scrunching her face a little, trying to get it right, not used to such names, much less the creatures possessing them. glancing around for a minute, noticing her food again, Paw Print and all, and tries to hide her blush, looking to each of her paws, then to those she'd been interacting with. "I'm Sorry If I got syrup on you...."
Yuuki however smiled softly and shook her head, trying to signal it being okay. "It's not a problem, Little one. Don't worry about it so much. Just enjoy your food, even if you wind up wearing a little of it." Yuuki gives Akiko a genuine smile, before looking at Thoee again. "Forgive me, especially if I sound like a broken record to a degree here, but since you all seem well-traveled, I have to ask if you've run into anyone by the first name of Izana or Taiki, I'm pretty sure they're both out there somewhere, I'd just like to know if they were doing okay." She gives another weak smile, doing her best to hide her concern for them, knowing how futile it likely is for this group, smiling still, not wanting to change the high spirited air filling the place currently.

@Roose Hurro

High Spirits...

In a short space of time, Honalee had managed several mouthfuls of her panny cake. And somehow managed not to get whippy cream all over her face. Probably because she'd already licked a good bit off her utensils. And because whippy cream tended to melt all over hot panny cakes. Her manners, not perfect. Though no bits of panny cake went flying off the end of her fork. So, it all balanced out in the end. Just a Nism child, a small kit, enjoying company and breakfast, not one to fear, because her parents had taught her not to fear.

And she'd played with dragons before... not nice dragons, like Hikari, but she'd played with them, anyway. Most likely to their frustration...

... but Hikari? He didn't act frustrated, just unsure. She hadn't needed to do anything frustrating with him, like avoiding his bites, and playing tag with his ears. Or "roasting marshmallows" on his fiery breath. Fun for her, not fun for those not nice dragons. But she'd tried! Even the one she'd given a friendly pat on the head to hadn't been happy about it. Though she had to admit, she'd probably patted a bit too hard in her enthusiasm. It had taken him some time to wake up.......

Meanwhile.......

Deen snuffled and licked at his nose, after Akiko poked it. Then had to grin at her efforts, as he gave her an equally gentle poke back...

... "Deeeeeen... Ah-vee-in......." Then, the apology...

... "No worries. It was delicious!" Because Deen had been skilled enough to avoid getting syrup anywhere but his poked nose, and his lick had taken care of that.

Then Yuuki... Thoee, a warm smile for Akiko, before she turned back...

... "Dear Yuuki, no need to ask forgiveness." Thoee reached up and touched a spot under her own right ear, and extracted what appeared a simple marble.. a small, shiny sphere. Balanced on the end of a clawed finger. A stroke, a turn, and the "marble" fweeped. Flared into a Tinkerbell, a fuzzy, glowing ball of light, hovering over the palm of her hand...

... "Sparkle, please search for Izana and Taiki..." Simple instructions, formed as a request, not a command. "Sparkle" did as it was told, a small, faint twitter, then off! Phasing through the nearest wall, then gone on its search.......

Hikari gives Hona a small look, trying not to get too attached to her, knowing she's someone that he'd probably not get to see for quite some time once this meeting ended, but also not one to be rude or cruel, or grumpy, at least, no more then other kinds of children usually were. offering her a gentle wrap of one of his wings, trying to once again subdue the nervousness he feels while simultaneously doing his best to be polite and respectful. Too young to wear a suit, he may as well practice the behavior one that were able to wear one would be expected to display. If dragons wore suits, that is.

Akiko, however, tried again to imitate Deen, intent on getting it right without upsetting him. "D.....Deem? Deem Ah-Beam?" Pouting slightly and tilting her head to the side, looking at him with curiosity, hoping she's getting closer.

Yuuki, on the other hand, smiles a little, watching Thoee pull out, Well, The object or creature she referred to as Sparkle. "I.....Sorry. Family, hard not to wonder, you know how it is." Looking to Sparkle after the request, smiling gently, before adding. "If you find anything I'd be grateful. Thank you for doing this." She watches it head off, smiling soundly.

@Roose Hurro

Suits And Ties...

Honalee didn't have any issues with getting attached to things. She felt quite "attached" to her panny cake, but it would be gone soon. Remembered fondly, but still gone, never to be seen again. Until the next panny cake. Young as she was, she understood that not everything was forever. She could think Hikari her brother, but even if she never saw him past this day... yes, she would miss him, but she would have her memories. And having those memories would be worth it.

No holding back!

And no suits needed. Her, still too young to think much about clothing, on a personal level. Her entire life, spent in fur and scales. Though clothing could be fun... like that time her Dada tried to fit into a pair of overalls. With not much success. That, a great deal of fun to watch!

Her Mama, also quite amused. And Hona, herself, quite happy to be gently wrapped in dragon wing.

Akiko seemed to be tongue-tied. No worries... Deen, never one to get upset. His casual nature due to him not being the suit type. Other than his birthday suit, of course! A gift from his parents he felt quite grateful for...

... "Keep trying! I had difficulty with my name when I was a little kit."

As for the "object"... yes, a very handy "bit" of very high tech. Thoee bowed her head at Yuuki's thanks...

... "You are most welcome, Dear Yuuki. " Thoee looked down at her and Deen's son, so fresh and new. And still asleep... "Family is a most precious thing......."

Hikari gave another glance to Hona, taking a quiet, deep breath, before looking back to his sister, making sure she was okay, wanting to be perfectly sure that nothing bad was going to happen to her and sure that she was okay, relaxing visibly upon seeing her in the care of Deen, not entirely certain on why, but having a certain level of trust for his care, likely based both around how Thoee's assistance eased her pain and the friendly and gentle nature their children had begun to reflect.

Akiko, on the other paw, gave a soft frown as she tried, and tried, and tried to get Deen's name right, wanting to be able to give him the respect he deserved without making a fool out of herself, even if she did seem almost comical in the process. After all, he didn't seem to mind.

Yuuki smiles gently at the response given by Thoee, gently positioning her forepaw to stroke little Peet in his sleep, desiring not to wake him, but to help him feel safe in his dreams and slumber, wishing him all the best dreams and feelings of warmth. "yes, it is indeed. Definitely worth protecting."

@Roose Hurro

Best Dreams...

What is that saying? "The best laid plans of mice and men..."

Of course, neither Thoee nor Deen... nor any of the others present... happened to be mice. Or even men, as in "Members of Mankind." Even Nism couldn't be perfectly sure nothing bad was going to happen. Life was life. Things happened. Good and bad and everything in-between. All one could do was wish, and feel the warmth. The breath. And the heartbeat. Whether through laughter or tears.

Hold on tight to those childhood dreams.

Hona hugged her fork, as she noticed Hikari's glance towards his sister, Akiko. Though not deliberately intentional, she found herself looking towards her baby brother, Peet. And though she didn't know what Hikari was thinking about his sibling, she couldn't help remembering her own times, sleeping in her mother's arms. And under her father's shroudruff. How strange it felt, now. How Hikari and his sister were older. And how strange it must feel, for him, too, seeing his sister grow...

"Dada knoses a'what's he's a'doin'..." With such big ears, she couldn't help but also note her Dada's teaching efforts. Given she'd been subject to such efforts. And learned quite a bit. Though she had yet to outgrow her "baby talk". Words were so much fun to play with!

Deen?

Akiko wasn't his daughter, but that didn't matter. He also liked playing with words... and hearing others play. Because, what better way to learn? Make a game of it, rather than a chore. It was how his parents had taught him. How most Nism taught their kits. No sending them off to school for others to teach! If you make them, you take responsibility to raise them! And teach them what they needed to know...

... so, daughter or not, Deen guided Akiko's forepaws to his throat...

... "Deen Ahhh-vee-in..."

Thoee watched Yuuki's stroke, brought her tail's tuft around to add her own touch, as all four nostrils flared. Peet did indeed remain safe in his dreams and slumber, still young enough to require quite a bit of sleep...

... "One day, he will be grown. Raising his own sons and daughters......." Eyes bright, Thoee gave a gentle lick to Peet's forehead badge.......

---------------------

Last edited:
Hikari continued to gaze at his sister, somewhat protectively, and somewhat concerned that she may be troubling or inconveniencing those around them. While true their family wasn't in the immediate vicinity, and where this would give some youth the desire and in many ways false belief that misbehaving would be something they could get away without others knowing, Hikari and Akiko were generally well-enough behaved, not usually ones for making trouble.

Akiko, on the other paw, While well-behaved, was a bit of a spontaneous and energetic youth, much to the dismay of some in her family that worried for her well-being and the dangers the world could pose to one like her. After all, For every story of a Dragon and rider pair, there was a story of a Dragon slayer. It shouldn't be too complicated, then, to determine which of the two stories would be the more optimal, even of there were pros and cons to each, some more evident than others. In Akiko's case, in the present situation, she devotes her attention to Deen and his efforts to teach her, truly trying to learn from him, despite her difficulties in doing so. "D-Dee.....Deen? Deen A-Bean?" slanting her head to the side as she looks at him, a look of puzzlement and uncertainty developing on her face, but not one of frustration. This vocalization, however, does serve to draw out a facepaw from her brother.

Yuuki, While offering her care to the sleeping child, would have a small smile. The fact that Thoee and Deen were so friendly and so willing to help others, even herself, despite her desire to not hinder others and cause others more relief and, in cases of more significant illnesses and ailments, aid them to the best of her ability. Just the thought that the little.......tech, that Thoee had sent out looking for word on her surviving family was comfort enough for her for the moment. If it came back with unpleasant news, or no news at all, she'd face it when the time came. But then, as with all things, there's the other paw.......what if it came back with news that her siblings were alright? That they were still out there? Well, she'd face that prospect too, but for the moment, she took comfort in the possibility that she may learn something more about how they fared after they were all separated so cruelly so many years back.

Yuuki, while thinking to herself, found herself looking to Thoee and Deen in turn, and then their little ones. "I get the impression you are one big, travelling family. I know it's not much to offer, but if you're ever in my neighborhood and need someone to talk to, or to watch the little ones, or to seek shelter for any period of time, you're all more than welcome." While it would indeed be true that she had only recently met this family, it only felt right for her to extend the offer to them after all she had seen so far.

@Roose Hurro

So Far...

Honalee had done in her panny cake quite well. But still... unlike Hikari, her "Peet thoughts" passed. And there still existed bits of panny cake to finish. So she did. While her parents' breakfasts stood where they'd been left, still fresh and hot, due to the chi fields surrounding them. Honalee, herself? Like Hikari and Akiko, well-behaved. Yet also like Akiko, spontaneous and energetic. And even younger. Though unlike Akiko, no dismay on any family member's part.

And no dismay on Deen's part...

... "Good! First name perfect! Now..." Deen guided Akiko's paws to her own throat, then... "Ahhh. Veee. Innn."

Nism being Free Spirited gave reason to Thoee and Deen being so friendly and willing to help others... to share their Free Spirits, without asking for payment. Heh! To be honest, just being a part of Life... involved in the lives of others, even if only in brief, always paid them back. Whether those others were Nism. Or not. Moments like this, here and now, what they traveled for...

... "Yes... My Love and I... and ours..." A look to son, a glance to daughter... "we do get around." Her eyes turned on her mate, on Deen, warm smile, ruffle of fur, as she eyed him up and down... "And we do thank you for your offer." Eyes on Yuuki, now... "Heart, breath, and warmth, always." Her tail's tuft waved between them, an exchange of honor between females, along with her words of blessing.......

Into this, Sharr returned, a raised eyebrow at the two still hot meals...

... "Morrre coffee...?"