Hazardous Times OOC and Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou just curious hon are you going to post again before I skip to evening or were you going to do that after? Just wondering if we're waiting on me or not cause if we are I can go ahead and post tonight

Lou just curious hon are you going to post again before I skip to evening or were you going to do that after? Just wondering if we're waiting on me or not cause if we are I can go ahead and post tonight

Imma post after the time skip

I actually might post before the time skip to be a reporter going over the news of the death of the lawyer.

@HolyFudgeBars
About how many times, that police know of, has Harvey struck? And do you have a preference of a name for the lawyer?

@TypicalLou
Would you want to be dating Joan? We could say that they had met at a crime scene and she tried to get information of out him a couple times and they were usually on dates but then they just started to talk.

@TypicalLou
Would you want to be dating Joan? We could say that they had met at a crime scene and she tried to get information of out him a couple times and they were usually on dates but then they just started to talk.
@Tarot

Sorry I got plans for him with dating. Plus with him being divorced I got some good ideas. But if you wanna have them as good friends and she helped him with the divorce that'd be fine with me c:

My bad I was/am at work. The lawyer can be named whatever Harvey has been working for James close 3 years now, James just can't keep track of time, so as long as the number of murders is reasonable to that time frame like the 10-15 range for the ones that actually made it on the news and aren't still missing person cases anyway.

*****Edit: Around twenty times works you don't have to change anything

@HolyFudgeBars
First off I wanted to say sorry, because I wanted to get a post so you could do the time skip so I put a number, so I hope you didn't mind me inserting a number. I knew you were busy but I forgot to put up a post to say I would change that if we agreed on a number.

And I will be bringing the lawyer up again, I will specify his name when the time comes for me to mention it.
Because my character is keeping close trail on the case do you have any suggestions for the previous murders?

Naw it's chill and I'm glad you asked! Harvey if a baby that I've had for a while now so I have a couple past jobs in mind yeah and I am open to suggestions.

• The owner of some high profile brothels around Nevada
  • A businessman who blackmailed quite a few clients into business agreements
  • A dentist who had a hobby of lurking in chat rooms for high-schoolers
  • A whistle blower for a big name company
  • The owner of a bar for "high rollers" in Vegas
  • A copycat killer (the police never found out the man that Harvey killed in this job was a copycat. The copycat only did one job before James had Harvey take care of him)
  • An unfaithful husband
  • A mistress
  • An estranged wife
The rest are free game, all I ask is that a proposed past case gets run by me first just so I won't be in the dark when it gets mentioned lol.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Also I'm about to post as Harvey and have the skip happen if everyone is cool with that.

I'm cool with that! Keep in mind too that with serial killers they may have committed a series of crimes but the known number is never known half the time. A murderer can be on trail for seven murders but could have committed even three times the amount and no one would know. Officers can only speculate and hope to find linking evidence but that would mean going through thousands of cold case files and missing persons. So it's very rare to know all the crimes done.

Yay for fbi files on netflix!

Oh man, I've been big into old detective radio shows as of late, and one of them is Dragnet, which always features dramas adapted from real police cases/files/transcripts. In a recent one I listened to to (air date of the drama in the 50's mind you), the detectives had been trailing a man for miles and I think a month for a suspected murder and possibly 12 other cases with similar details (went missing, car found sold all with the same handwriting), bodies for all of these never found. Transcripts make it pretty clear that this dude thought little of killing (and likely had severe antisocial personality disorder) and even though he only confessed to the one (refusing to confess to the other dozen), from the sounds of it, he had killed many more before he picked up the pattern for these thirteen. When I was younger, I was always confused as to what classified a serial killer, as some cases showed that the killer could wait 4, 7, even 10 years between deaths, but now it occurs to me that many deaths or missing cases are never linked to them that should have been. Scary, but, in a loose sense of the word - neat/interesting.

lmao, I wonder how those earlier known cases where Harvey was "seen" went. "Ma'am, did your husband associate with anyone who liked cowboy hats?" the police ask of high class citizens in Vegas and are met with confused, probably even insulted, looks from those being questioned.

Reactions: HolyFudgeBars
Oh man, I've been big into old detective radio shows as of late, and one of them is Dragnet, which always features dramas adapted from real police cases/files/transcripts. In a recent one I listened to to (air date of the drama in the 50's mind you), the detectives had been trailing a man for miles and I think a month for a suspected murder and possibly 12 other cases with similar details (went missing, car found sold all with the same handwriting), bodies for all of these never found. Transcripts make it pretty clear that this dude thought little of killing (and likely had severe antisocial personality disorder) and even though he only confessed to the one (refusing to confess to the other dozen), from the sounds of it, he had killed many more before he picked up the pattern for these thirteen. When I was younger, I was always confused as to what classified a serial killer, as some cases showed that the killer could wait 4, 7, even 10 years between deaths, but now it occurs to me that many deaths or missing cases are never linked to them that should have been. Scary, but, in a loose sense of the word - neat/interesting.

lmao, I wonder how those earlier known cases where Harvey was "seen" went. "Ma'am, did your husband associate with anyone who liked cowboy hats?" the police ask of high class citizens in Vegas and are met with confused, probably even insulted, looks from those being questioned.
I've watched so many. The documentary on the history of poison is also verrrrry good! But i think the most intense dramazation I wactched was of a trucker serial killer. He would pick up hitchhikers and prostitutes. All women and the worst part was it was hard to track him down because he was always on the move. They just connected some murders to him because he'd cut their hair off and their wrists being tied. He was convicted for like 5 murders but he admitted to much much more then that. Like 40!

"Mame do you know anyone who loves cowboy hats?"

Hmmmm well... texas

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@Tarot

Michael is attached to James p much until he's dismissed for the day. His off days are James' off days.

@SurpySoup
Would Taylor or Alice know her?

@colorfulcheshire
Same with Michael?

On the chance that Michael is not dismissed from James I could work with Taylor. Alice and Rosie have plans.

But also something we can do is work out things that can happen in the future. For instance Joan might have to go through Michael to see if she could do some sort of interview with James.

Status
Not open for further replies.