Guardians: A War of Heroes and Villains (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM POST

It is currently night time

THE NEXT DAY WILL COME ONCE EVERYONE HAS MADE A POST STATING THAT THEIR RESPECTIVE CHARACTER HAS GONE TO BED. THIS EXCLUDES VILLAINS. ONCE EACH CHARACTER HAS GONE TO BED THEIR WILL BE A TIMESKIP TO THE NEXT DAY.

Merlin

The old man tottered off to go do whatever it was he intended to do. Unfortunately, he had given her no answers and she was left with more questions than when she had first said the name out loud. As the old man left, the voice in her head spoke again of a baseless friendship. She dearly wanted to be friends with any good person here or there but this situation was eerie when contacted in this manner. It was true, this Lad Re had to have a decent amount of power to able to reach her like this – and from who knows how far away, too. The voice stated that he was a French knight – and that he somehow obtained this title while not being of noble blood. She thought back to her own time, thinking that Arthur was the only one who had done such things to make knights. She thoughts on his following words as well. If he was telling the truth, then Mordred would have wanted him because she thought he was capable of being bad. Would this make him less powerful than Mordred? She shook her head, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor against it, hands clasped around her head. She tried to focus. She had not communicated in this way in so long.

He was watching them. He had just said it, that he was watching them while they saved the blind man. Melina's head snapped up and she looked around, trying to find something that proved they were being watched, all the while listening to Lad Re go on in her mind. "He's watching us…" She could not help but mutter, probably starting to look a little crazy from those who could see her in the room. She wanted so badly to believe these words and just accept whomever this was as an ally but… these words could all be lies. Evil was quick to lie in order to gain. But what if he was telling the truth and truly wanted to help them. "Why come to me now?" She asked in her head. Or rather – why come to HER? Was it only because she had magic and the others did not? Without thinking, Merlin was standing once again, a blank stare on her face as she wandered over to find a free bed and dropped down onto a bottom bunk somewhere. Her eyes stared at the bunk above her while she awaited a response.

Robin Hood

Robin finished his shower and toweled off. It was odd being in a place he didn't know and trusting those he had never met. He pulled a pink handkerchief from his jacket and embrowdered on the corner was her name, Marian. "Soon My beloved." Robin got dressed in the clothes he pulled from the locker. He had a fine shirt and trousers fit for any lord. "these clothes are fitting for a man from my time, however it is curious. How does the book keeper know of us, I know of his sorcery but that doesn't quite ease my mind. Can we really trust this man? and if we can than how can we defeat an enemy that the book keeper is unable to vanquish?"

Robin made his way to the bunks. He looked around, everyone seemed to be struggling with their decision, especially Merlin. Robin was going to give some helpful advice to the others but figured they needed to work through it on their own. "i bid thee all a fine evening. May tomorrow's bring us another victory."

Jeremiah Helsing

As darkness slowly crept over the sky, Jeremiah reclined in his bed, preparing to sleep. He had brought back his suitcase from the frozen place the heroes had been sent to and now reviewed its content as well as taking another look at the book contained in the suitcase. Rereading the pages containing the spells, Jeremiah summoned a small flickering flame to cast some light for his reading. The flame was not bright, giving only a dim, flickering illumination but it was enough to provide the hunter light until he finally fell asleep.

Adler: As Lad Re
Interaction: Merlin

-
"Well my choice was in a way taken from me. I was alive? Reborn? Whatever the term we should use is, before most of you so I had no one to interact with at first so I stayed hidden. When I started to feel other...signatures? I really don't know the proper word to describe it, but when I felt others like me revive I went in search of those like me. This was when the one named Mordred approached me and asked for my loyalty against the "heroes" and "the witch Merlin" as her words went, when she said witch I found out two things one being you were a woman and two you had magic. After I asked Mordred for some time to think on her offer I followed the "signatures" I had felt leading me to the point where you and the others saved the other one who was blind. I need to see what a person looks like first before I speak to them in this way and I knew that as someone who used the magic arts you would be more likely to respond to me with cautious curiosity rather then outright hostility, seeing you...treated the way you were based on an assumption just made my choice more of a priority. As I said I want to see your success after seeing how you were treated as well as you not feeling as...dark as that Mordred person plus I always was a sucker for a pretty face." Adler finished as Lad Re in his mind to Merlin and waited for her response.

Merlin

Melina flinched at the memory of being attacked by Failinis as it was brought up. Sure, it bothered her. Being wrongly accused was always worrisome, especially when you were from a time where everyone was giddy about hanging or burning someone. Someone like a witch. She was relieved to hear someone else say that she was not as dark as Mordred. Though she had always believed herself to be good, there are always times when obtaining power can make you sway. And when Lad Re ended with a compliment, she blushed a little and turned her face into the pillow beneath her head. This conversation was too much for her right now. She was newly resurrected, commissioned to help save some guy she had never met, treated like a criminal at one point, and then contacted by some unknown mystical presence that supposedly wanted to help her. He was using flattery now. "It has been a long day. I'll be sleeping now. Goodnight." She ended their conversation, knowing that if she kept talking that it would be hard to stop. She was sure, if this person truly wanted to help, he would contact her again. She reached back to yank the blanket out from beneath her, curling up into a ball and trying to sleep.

Adler: As Lad Re
Interaction: Merlin
Mentioned: Mordred
-

"Have a wonderful rest Merlin, if you have need to contact me just think of my name and I will respond." Adler spoke for the last time as he cut the connection to Merlin and was once again in his realm where the others still were but his attention was not on them yet. "Oh how I do love when plans start to come together...Though it is probably for the best that I keep Mordred in the dark about this for now. Her anger and hate towards Merlin is the only thing she is able to see so any plans will be naturally abhorrent to her if they involve Merlin." He finished his thought as he finally put all of his focus to the others in the room.​

Lugh
Lad Re. Lugh had never heard of such name during his lifetime. He turned to Nis who shook her head. While he did want to know about this "Lad Re," the old man's recommendation was right. There was no need for Merlin to communicate with him anymore. It was growing late and most of the others had already gotten ready to end the day. Lugh approache one of the lockers and set hus armor aside and grabbed the change of clothes provided. He didn't mind wearing whatever was given though he was use dot more formal attire. Moving to a private corner, he undressed and put on the clothes. Behind him Nis attempted to get a good look at her Master but was too overcome with shame and embarrasment to pursue.

Lugh returned and found himself a a bed for himself, favoring the lower of the the beds. He laid down staring straight up, contemplating the many event of the day. Meanwhile, Nis jumped from where she was at to the bed directly above her master. She snapped her finger and her clothes magically switched from her suit to a nightgown. As she readied for bed, she glanced at her master who was in deep thought. Smiling down, she said, " Good night Master!" His train of though broken, Lugh smiled back and responded, "Good night my friend." With that Failinis returned to her bed and fell asleep. Lugh on the other hand couldn't fall asleep and instead looked around. Some of the others were still getting ready and some were already in bed. He saw Merlin across the room lying but still awake. Feeling guilty for his actions earlier he rose from his bed and walked over to the sorcerer. Standing next to her, he addressed Merlin. "Excuse me. Sorry if I have woken you; however I wanted to apologize for my actions today. They were rash and unlike me. I apologize if I have cause you unnecessary stress or made you fear me. You did well today."

Merlin

Melina was startled by the sudden appearance of Lugh – only sudden because she was lost in thought. Despite wanting to sleep, her mind continued to race. She blinked a few times rapidly before realizing that a knight was standing before her – or rather, someone she thought was a knight. She sat up quickly, a little too quickly, and smacked her head on the bunk above her. She had planned to stand up respectfully and then say something intelligent and humble but the whack to her forehead knocked all those thoughts away and she rolled over onto her side, holding her head. "Crickets that hurt!" She moped, trying not to focus on how embarrassed she was, which was hard even with all the pain in her head. After a minute of furiously rubbing her forehead, she finally was able to work her way to her feet, hand still on her head. "It's alright really. I can understand why one would be weary of someone with magic. It appeared that you were being affected by some of it yourself. I cannot say for certain, but my oldest enemy is alive and I believe the spear you held was from her magic. It probably carried the hatred she has carried for so long." Keeping one eye closed against the pain, Merlin popped the other eye open to look at Lugh, smiling warmly. "Not everyone is so forgiving, nor do they feel any sort of love for others. Some…" She thought back on the previous vision of war, the one she had shared with Lugh. The image of Mordred, shrouded in black and striking down man after man without mercy, invaded her mind. "Some care not for their fellow man at all." She smiled again, but it was less enthusiastic. "Just know that I am on the side of good and intend to stay that way. Nothing could be more pleasing than helping one another." Merlin finally dropped her hand, a large red spot glaring out from half of her forehead where she had struck it. "You fought quite well today, as did your companion. I was very impressed. It has been too long since I have seen a knight in action."

Achilles

Achilles felt like he was the odd man out in the group of heroes ever since he was forcibly brought up in the realm of the living from Elysium. He could see how everyone was getting along and forming bonds of friendship while the only thing he managed to do today was befriend a fellow spearman, hit on his sentient spear, get said spear mad at him and dump him altogether. That must have been a new record for him. He could try to actively seek friends but compared to everyone else, he really felt different. All of these "heroes" performed valid heroic acts that benefited humanity in some way or form. On the other hand, he did no such thing. Instead, his presence in the Trojan war was pivotal to the fall of Troy and the slaughter of her citizens. All he cared was glory back then. All he wanted was to make a name for himself. He was no hero, he was merely a warrior with the strength of a hero.

As such, he could see why he couldn't seem to get along with anyone in the group aside from not actively pursuing to bond with them. Then again, his priority was to get all of this over with and return to Elysium to get a well-deserved rest. Friendship is, if anything, an unnecessary luxury.

"I bet if these guys were all just warriors, I'd get along with them just fine. But I am a warrior in the company of heroes. None of them know of the horrors and brutality of war... save maybe for Lugh. I guess this is to be expected when the only heroic thing I've done in my life is to save Briseis from a cruel fate by making her mine. I'm happy that she lived a good life after my untimely passing but I wish I could have been the one whom she spent the rest of her life with. I didn't even get a chance to look for her in Elysium since that damn old man pulled me out like a weed in that garden." He muttered to himself after getting some clothes from the locker and changing into them. There was no need to deposit his weapons at least for he found out a while ago that they have been imbued with magic and come to him no matter how far they are from him when he wills it.

After changing into a more casual attire, he opted to lay on the bottom bunk of a bed a bit farther than the rest of the heroes. He would have done some more training usually but found he didn't have the energy to spare. He was reminded yet again that this mortal vessel is a thousand times weaker than his body when he was in his prime. With that in mind, he decided to call it a day and retire for the night.

Lugh
As the sorcereress hit her head on the bed Lugh let out a slight chuckle. She reminded him of Failinis and her clumsy actions. As she stood Lugh listend to her as she spoke and continued to grin. When she finished he let out a sigh. "Thank you for the compliment. To be honest I am still pretty rusty from my years in the afterlife. Luckily I can trust Failinis to always be there for me," he said as he looked back at his companion who was sleeping away across the barracks.

"You too did an excellent job. No less expected from the Great Merlin himself. Er or herself I guess. Though have no fear about your magic. I have the highest regard for it as a sorcerer had saved Failinis life in my previous life." He sighed as he remember how scary that incident was. As he continued though, his tone became sadder and more solemn. "Its a true shame that people hold this fear of things they do not comprehend. I remember watching as unnecessary wars and bloodshed occured over misunderstandings or differences in cultures. You would think after centuries of conflict peace could be made...." Lugh sighed at the thought, sad and weary eyes now visible to anyone watching. He had seen his shares of death and destruction and was unable to do anything about.

He composed himself quicklu realizing the gravity of his conversation. "Sorry about that. Mind is trailing today. Anyways don't be anxious. All will be resolved in due time. Mordred will be taken care and we will discover this 'Lad Re.' Speaking of which I believe you should not communicate with him until we resolve this; however I cannot control you and you are up to your own fate." The smile returned to Lugh's face as he was hopeful and optimistic about the future. He also didn't want to worry Merlin too much as he could tell she was nervous.

Merlin

Melina laughed light at the mix-up Lugh found himself at the concept of between Merlin being a man or woman. In her old life, it would have never been revealed that she was a female as she did most of her public spell-casting under the guise of a man. It was kind of liberating to be able to show herself now. And it was very comforting to know that Lugh wasn't against her just because of her magic. Nodding in agreement with Lugh's words, Merlin thought back on all the battles she had been in that had been brought on by the fear of magic. She understood, to a certain degree, why Mordred felt such hatred and anger for the ways she had been wronged – Melina had been wronged too. Perhaps Melina just understood the feeling of humans better. Who knew? "Humans are interesting creatures, but they are predictable." Lugh began to space out and Merlin leaned a little as he did, watching him with an amused smile on her face. When he looked back at her, finally awake again, her grin brightened. She was holding back the urge to laugh at his daze.

He came back to his senses and gave her a warning about her mental visitor which she nodded to. "You are probably right. It is difficult to know who to trust when every person is claiming to be on your side…" She glanced away briefly and then clapped her hands together lightly, not wanting to wake anyone who had gone to bed. "Well then. It is time for bed. I fear our conversation could be keeping some tired heroes awake. I hope you sleep well, Sir…" She realized then that she did not know his name. She frowned a little and then laughed quietly, rubbing at the back of her head. "Sorry. We've not truly met yet."

GM POST

THE NIGHT PASSES AND ANY AWAKE CHARACTERS FALL ASLEEP, ONLY TO AWAKE THE NEXT MORNING
The night is dark and full of terrors

Deanta

Deanta awoke in his bed, a cloth tied tightly around his eyes, presumably to protect them from the light. Quietly, he opened them, and upon finding himself able to see, removed the cloth, and looked around. He was in a strange metal room, not unlike ones that he often found himself staying in some nights at towns where he wasn't too welcome, but strange all the same. Around him lay bunk beds in which various members of what he assumed were his rescue party lay. Deanta rose silently, and walked to the door, and opened it, walking into the mess hall. Inside was one large table, and at it was many chair. Clustered together in the center were trays, each with a slip of paper with a name on it, presumably letting each of them know just what food was theirs. Upon his lay strips of dried meat, and fresh fruit and vegetables, a meal that was much like the one he took to in his past.

Without a word, Deanta sat down and began to eat.

Robin Hood
Interacting with Deanta

Robin tossed and turned, he acted as though he was reaching for something or someone. He opened his eyes the looked next to him only to remember where he was. "Of course." He took in a deep breath. "I remember know, I was summoned to assist as a hero." He got off the top bunk after a few minutes of difficulty, and proceed to the restroom.

Robin finished in the lavatory. "What a marvelous invention. What wonders modern man pocesses." He made his way to the smell of food, and found a tray marked especially for him. "Ahhh, a meal fit for a noble." He grabbed his tray and spotted the man they rescued last night.

"Good morning good Sir, I am Robin of Locksley. May I have the honor of dining with you?"

Jeremiah Helsing

Jeremiah woke up shortly after Robin. He had slept fairly well without any dreams or nightmares to plague his night. He sat up, stretched, and looked around the room, letting memories of yesterday's event sink in. He got out of bed and quickly got dressed. After brushing his teeth and washing his face, he entered the dining room.

"Good morning, Mr Robin," he said out of formality, taking his bowl of oatmeal and another bowl of fruit. "And good morning to you." The second greeting was given to the man the heroes had retrieved. Besides this, Jeremiah sat silent, eating his breakfast.

Merlin

Melina's sleep was restless to say the least. Her night was haunted by dreams, or rather nightmares, of her past and all she had seen in her early years. Visions of Mordred preoccupied her mind, some of them from the past, others she did not recall ever seeing before. Considering her history with dreams, the unknown images bothered her the most. One moment, Merlin was battling with Mordred as they had done before more than once. In the next moment, Mordred was snarling over Merlin's prone figure. This image startled her enough to yank her from sleep in a quite sudden manner. Merlin jolted up from the bed, once again smacking her forehead on the bunk above her. She would never get used to this way of sleeping. Perhaps she should find a top bunk next time. The woman groaned out her frustration with the pain spiking through her face, rolling to the side as if to comfort herself. Instead, she rolled straight off the bed and landed on the floor with a loud 'thump' for her head smacking the floor, then followed by another 'thump' of her body hitting the floor after. "…again…" Was really all that could be heard as she rolled around for a minute before finally pushing herself up to her feet and rubbing at her face and stomach. No longer groggy, Merlin screwed up her nose in dissatisfaction of her wakeup call and wandered around until she found the mess hall and few people already inside of it eating.
Quietly, with a strange look on her face, Melina strode around the large table until she spotted her name on a slip of paper. Curiously, she picked up the paper and then glanced at the food it sat with. Bread, stew, fresh grapes and apples, and chicken. Goddess, her mouth was already watering. She beamed a smile and sat down in the chair in front of this meal, digging in without question. This was a meal fit for King Arthur – nothing like the small bit of bred and soup she used to eat. Joy filled her stomach along with bites of meat and handfuls of grapes. Although she sat like a lady, Merlin ate as if her life depended on it. "Delicious…" She hummed her enjoyment around bites and patted her tummy, smiling brightly.

Lugh
After his conversation with Merlin Lugh went to sleep, laying there quietly. He slept without any trouble, with neither dreams nor nightmares. Yet he wasn't the first to wake. Before him, Failinis rose early and silently dropped from her bunk. She quickly snapped her usual business attire and moved towards the meal table without a word. Grabbing a plate, she placed some foods items, occasionally placing some in her mouth. One a meal was neatly fashioned, silverware and all, Failinis walked to Lugh's locker and pulled his noncombat clothes. She stood by Lugh as he woke, clothes neatly in her arms and greeted him, "Good morning Master, here are your clothes and your food is at the table with the rest of the heroes." Upon seeing his good companion with everything prepared, Lugh smiled responding with a simple "Thank you Failinis."

When he had changed, he moved to the dining table, sat down, and ate his already prepared meal. Looking over at Merlin he said, "Good morning. How did you sleep? You do look a bit sore though? Everything alright?"

Achilles

For a warrior like Achilles, having a pleasant, dreamless night was comparable to winning first place in a local lottery. Usually, people like him would be plagued by dreams and visions mostly of disturbing themes such as the horrors of war or being engaged in hopeless combat against a fearsome monster. He slept like a baby that night, peacefully with not a single hint of a pleasant dream nor a dreadful nightmare. No ominous visions visited him in his sleep either and that fact made him more nervous than relieved when he woke up. It was like the Fates telling him that this was the calm before the storm.

After groggily waking up, he made sure to make his bed before washing his face and freshening up. He found the modern bed to be quite comfortable despite its appearance to the point that he was looking forward to return to bed already. But alas, the day demands a lot from him and he must deliver lest he wants Zeus to hurl a lightning bolt at him or Dionysus to make him mad, or Poseidon to drown him in the shower.

"Damn... drowning in the lavatory... that's gotta be the most embarrassing way a renowned hero could go. Ugh... I'll make sure to offer a specially decent amount to Poseidon." He muttered.

His name would be virtually ruined if that horrific scenario happens and word gets out that the great hero, Achilles "died after drowning in the bathroom".

After arriving in the mess hall, he noted that a few of the other heroes have already gathered and are indulging themselves in the breakfast prepared for them. It seems that the organization was considerate enough to cater to everyone's individual tastes since the foods were labeled with tags on who they are for. Achilles found his to be quite homely as what lay before him was a plate filled with bread made out of barley, an assortment of meats ranging from beef and sheep to rabbit and wild boar and a wide assortment of fruits and vegetables. There were also honey, cheese and milk present, and of course there would be wine. No warrior's meal did not have wine with it. Although it seemed much, due to variety alone, the portions were quite limited. Yet Achilles didn't mind, and seemed to prefer it as overindulging himself with food would only end up as a deterrent to his body's condition and combat prowess.

"Heh, I feel like I'm back in Greece already. I wish I could dine with the other's too... but there's no use in dwelling in the past. It'd spoil the good food laid out before me."

Before digging in, he separated a decent portion of his food and walked to a fireplace at the far end of the room. He then threw the food he had partitioned into the flame and said a silent prayer to the gods thanking them for the blessings they had bestowed on him and asking for their guidance. He wasn't dumb enough, like some of the other heroes, to get the gods on their bad side. If anything, he wanted the full support and approval of the gods for the upcoming battles and struggles that lie in wait before him. Afterwards, he returned to his seat and for the first time, he noticed that he was seated next to the sorceress Merlin who, herself, was seated across Lugh.

He managed to catch the last thing the blonde spearman had said to her, and upon close inspection, he could understand the cause of his concern. Merlin seemed a bit exhausted judging from her expression alone but at least she was eating heartily. In fact, Achilles found this sudden change of character to be quite cute and amusing.

"I understand your enthusiasm in eating, Merlin, specially when such scrumptious food is prepared for us. Though, I suggest taking it easy. The food isn't going anywhere, after all." Achilles suggested with a wry smile on his face.

"That said, it has been a few thousand years since I ate. I've only been drinking the fiery waters of the Phlegeton back in the underworld so I can't restrain myself any longer. *Sigh*... Maybe I should follow your example then."

After saying that, Achilles began eating like Merlin, albeit in a much slower pace than her. Drowning in the shower is bad but dying after choking on one's food is equally embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoleStride
Merlin

Merlin was popping grapes into her mouth when she heard Lugh sit down nearby. She beamed a closed-mouth smile at him, her cheeks looking akin to a chipmunk's, stuffed full with grapes. He spoke to her so she tried to chew quickly, nearly choking once before she finally got all the fruit down and smacking her lips before she responded. "Good morning." She hesitated for a moment when he asked how she slept, the image of a scornful Mordred flashing before her eyes before she could stop it. But she quickly threw a smile back on and replied. "I slept well, I believe." She blushed a little bit when he mentioned looking sore. She smiled bashfully and touched a hand to her forehead. "I had trouble with those strange beds again." She didn't mention also falling out of bed. "But I am perfectly well. And you? How did you fare during the night?"
Just after getting the words out, she noticed Achilles sit down next to her and gave him a smile in greeting as well. "Hello there. Good morning." She looked down at her food – well, what was left of it, and contemplated his words. "When one eats as a servant for their entire life, they tend to overindulge when fed like a queen." She became a bit embarrassed again. "I must not be very lady-like at all right now. My apologies." She tried to sit up a little straighter. It was difficult to act like someone of nobler breed when she had spent her whole life serving, hiding, and fighting in an endless cycle. She had gotten comfortable, not feeling like she was waiting on royals anymore, and allowed herself to relax more. She had been slumping in her seat, eating like a wild animal, and even dropped titles. Perhaps she should remind herself of her place again.

Status
Not open for further replies.