Guardians: A War of Heroes and Villains (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin

Merlin released a breath that she didn't even know she was holding as soon as Failinis got off of her. She had put up a brave front, but that little girl scared the jeebies out of her. It was clear that she would do anything for her master – a man Merlin did not really know anything about. She pushed herself up, swatting at her cloak to clear it of minor debris, and lifted her left hand – the only one without a glove. She wiggled the fingers a little bit and smiled lightly at Lugh before grabbing his hand in what appeared to be a handshake. A first nothing happened, and it would seem that she was just gripping his hand firmly. Merlin made sure that she was looking directly into Lugh's eyes and then muttered a few words in a long lost language. When her words stopped, Lugh's world would become warped, both he and Merlin being transported to a different time altogether. Around them Lugh would see the same scene she had pictured earlier where the maid Melina stood at the back of the room while watching the joyous Knights of the Round Table. Of course, this was only a memory. But Lugh would be able to see it all and walk around even if he pleased.

This part of the memory lasted only a few seconds in reality before shifting to a battle field. The knights and King Arthur himself could be seen wielding their swords and fighting off an army. The sword King Arthur held in this dream was the exact same as the one Melina had arrived with in her reincarnated form. The scene was bloody and the dead lie strewn across the ground at their feet. The familiar vision of Melina – the same woman standing in front of him in real time – came into view. Her image changed suddenly, contorting with a pained look on her face to the image of a bearded man. The man shook his head a little, steadied himself on his feet, and then ran into battle with a sword in his hand and a staff at his back. He could be seen casting spells against his enemies, throwing fire, and even summoning lighting to strike his opponents on the field. He fought beside Arthur even when Mordred appeared, a scowl on her face and a dark army at her command. Being in Merlin's memories, Lugh would be able to see as Merlin did. He would be able to see the dark magic that flowed around Mordred and feel the rage that emanated off of her.

Finally, they were both pulled back to reality as Merlin jerked her hand away from Lugh's with a start as if she'd been shocked just by touching him. Her expression was drawn, stoic, and she looked down and away. She clenched her fist and released a few times trying to return the feeling to it. That last memory was a rough one for her since it was the last battle against Mordred. It was like going through it all over again. Merlin let out a shaky breath and then cleared her throat, about to say something. Instead, she was cut off by the sound of a herd of footsteps coming their way. Her eyes widened as she watched the massive crowd of both the undead and the large beasts coming their way.

"Perhaps we should finish this discussion another time."

Merlin did not wait for a response. She turned on her heel, crouched down to grab and loop one of Deanta's arms around her shoulders, and pulled him up. Whether he wanted to come or not, she did not withhold her strength to pull him along. It was time to leave. Merlin helped support Deanta and moved quickly toward the edge of town, trying to get back to the portal on the outskirts.

Last edited:
Deanta

Deanta stumbled to his feet, letting his weapon and shield dissapate as he did so. Their was a woman assisting him now, he could tell by the feel of her frame and how gentle she was with her touch, careful and gentle as one would be with an injured bird. However, the magic rolling off of her immediately allowed Deanta to identify her as a sorceress. He did not put up a struggle with her as she lifted him to his feet and helped him move towards the portal though. In the back of his mind, the anger that one of the group hadn't identified themselves as a sorceress and helped him free his eyes of the ice began to build.

GM POST

The knight nodded slightly, took a step back, and gestured to the portal.

"After you madam, Lady Mordred and Lord Adler anxiously await your arrival."

Jeremiah Helsing

When Lugh finally gave the order for his weapon to stand down, Jeremiah also lowered his weapon. He watched silently as the warrior and sorceress shared memories, his face never showing any feeling or emotion. When the two had finished, the hunter moved to gather his things but stopped upon hearing what sounded like an army marching towards his group. Standing up and looking around, Jeremiah saw what the female magician meant. Grabbing his suitcase, Jeremiah moved to the other side of Deanta and helped support him. It was not the fear of death that drove him, but rather the fear of dying due to stupidity.

"Warriors!" he said, referring to the tougher members of the group. "Do you think you can help hold that horde back enough for us to get to the portal? The rest of us, we have to move now!"

Dracula

The first thing the man the man noticed upon exiting the portal was the pitch blackness of the space. Being a creature of darkness, the man felt no fear. However, he did feel a sense of uneasiness as if he was in the presence of one much larger and much more powerful than himself. He stretched out his hand beside him and waited until he felt Abel's warm fur rub against it. The wolf let out a low growl.

"There, there, Abel. It is alright," laughed the man as he comforted the beast by stroking its back. He then spoke to the darkness. "Are you 'Lord Adler'?" he asked into the black void. "Thank you for having me over but if you don't mind, can you please turn on the lights? Or at least light a candle?"

Adler
Interaction: Dracula
Mentioned: Mordred

-
He had felt the portal and the man that stepped through it before he was visible, Adler felt the...vampirism within the man. The being seemed to be comfortable enough with the darkness but was shifted slightly in his stance in a barely noticeable way showing his unease at being near him for the first time. He listened as the man requested the lights be turned on or for a candle to be lit. "Yes I am Adler though a lord? No, I require no one to call me that though Mordred insists on it...old habits die hard for her I assume." Adler's voice was all around the vampire as the words formed. "Though I find it odd, a vampire who seeks the lights to be on? Odd but you are not here for me to question your tastes or preferences to things." With that their was a snap of fingers and a single oil lamp suspended from the ceiling of the room burst to life, the chain attached to it extended upwards into the black void while the light cast from the lamp only light a 4x4 circle while a cushioned wood chair sat in the middle of the lamp light, the lamp should of illuminated more but after the edge of the circles diameter the light just seemed to fade away into the dark. "You will have to excuse the light if you were hoping for something more...current, I was always a fan of the old ways rather then the new ways of things but this is besides the point. Please Take a seat as I am sure you have questions." Adler's voice was now more centralized, coming from somewhere towards where the chair was facing, silence permeated the room as Adler waited to see what the vampire would do next.

Lugh
For the second time that day memories flooded Lugh. This time, unlike the previous the memories were happy and joyous. He saw the woman who claimed to Merlin interact with King Arthur and the other knights. He saw the camaraderie amongst them and the happiness, a total change of atmosphere from the previous dream. However the dream changed and suddenly instead of happiness there was once again death and destruction surrounded Lugh. He saw fallen knights, but this time he saw some other interesting things. First there was a man casting magic. From his skill Lugh could tell it was Merlin, but at the same time, he for some strange reason knew it was the woman. Also he saw King Arthur in battle wielding the famous Excalibur. Oddly enough it was the same sword that Merlin was using, confirming that she was in fact the great Merlin. Lastly Lugh saw a woman in battle. Around her, he felt an aura of hate anger, the same aura from the previous memories. From what he knew, the woman was Mordred, the woman who caused the fall of the Round Table.

Lugh snapped back to reality and was going to apolgize for his error, but then he saw the horde of monsters converging on them. "Fly to the portal now! Failinis cover their escape!" he ordered as he pulled out his sling Thathlum. He loaded a stone in as Failinis rushed into combat. Lugh did not worry for her since 1) she was nearly indestructible and 2) she could easily be summoned back. So he did not focus on her and instead aimed for a large clump of the creatures. He avoided using his full power lest he weaken himself if things got really hairy, using some partial force, enough to take out maybe 4-5 of the ghouls. Failinis on the other hand dove straight into the group, hacking and slashing in an effort to kill as many as possible.

"Piper"
Piper came from her bowed and stared at the portal. She hadn't noticed it before and she guessed it was protected by some magic bullshittery. But she instead of focusing on that, she walked pasted the knight and gave a polite "Thank you" before she stepped through the portal.

On the other side of the portal was a dark room. An aura surrounded the space making the skin rise on Piper's and giving her the creeps. She saw ahead of her a candle in the distance with a single figure near it and a couch. From what she could tell the person was speaking to someone in the darkness itself. Since there was nothing else to go to, Piper approached the light. As she got closer she could clearly see the figure. It was man, definitely of some high class who had a sort of aura to him. But it was the pure fear that she was feeling. It was a different one, that of bloodlust and death. The fear emanated from in front her, in the darkness.

Honestly Piper was scared shitless. She wasnt used to these people. She didnt even know them but their aura enough was scary. To calm enough, she thought of her daughter back home, she was doing it for her after all. She only had to play a part: the Pied Piper. That meant being more hyperactive than she normally was, something that was surprisingly tiring. After controlling herself, Piper entered the light, pipe in hand. In a lighter voice she called out, "Well hello there. Lord Adler I presume?" She bowed in the direction of the presence, completely interrupting the current conversation.

@conman2163 @Dakota K5

Dracula

The man gave a chuckle. "Vampires are creatures of darkness who the light. A common misconception, I'm afraid," he said with a smile as he made his way to the chair. "Thank you. Oh, where are my manners. I have lived with many names but as of now, I am known as Alucard Paler. Very nice to meet you Mr. Adler." The vampire lord made a short bow to where the voice seemed to come from. He then took a seat while his pet wolf sat up straight besides the chair. "Thank you for the invitation," continued Alucard after he had seated himself.

Before Alucard could say any more, he became aware of another individual who had entered the dark room. He looked up to see a woman, dressed in colorful clothes, wore a mask, and carried an instrument. His hand instinctively wrapped around his pet to make sure that the beast wouldn't lunge at the "An entertainer! Very thoughtful of you. Thank you," the vampire jested into the darkness, standing up and turning to the woman. "I am sorry, I couldn't help but to attempt some humor. I am Paler. Alucard Paler, and you are?"

The vampire stretched out his hand to take the woman's if she offered it

Adler
Interaction: Alucard and Piper
-
Another had entered through the portal into the darkness, a woman this time. Woodwind in hand, full of color and face obscured while the vampire attempted to make conversation with her. "Aah...what interesting allies my knight calls upon." As he spoke a tendril of darkness formed and rose from the floor before raising up and seemed to be looking at the vampire first. "The impaler and original vampire, though it does seem that you have mellowed since those days of rage and war but doubtlessly 589 years would do that to man or vampire. I do hope you have not lost that fire that I...was seen by the peoples you called enemies." As he finished speaking another tendril formed and found it's way coiled around Piper's feet before it to raised up to "look" in her mask. "And the Pied Piper of Hamelin who led the rats away in the streets but returned for your thousand guilders and when they refused you led the children away as you did the rats." The tendrils faded away as the silence settled among the three. "I must ask that you save your pleasantries for the time being Alucard, or at least until the two of you are satisfied as I can feel that you two have questions. Ask them." He finished speaking and waited.

Piper
"It is a pleasure to meet you too- AAAHH" Piper was reaching out to shake Alucard's hand when a tendril of pure darkness began to slither out. It first approached the man, calling him the first vampire. This fact confused her. She had heard of vampires especially during her previous life, but she always thought they were a myth. Turns out they were probably right.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the dark tendril that coiled around her feet. "EEEPP!" she yelled in shock, not expecting it to be too personal. But then the darkness's statement puzzled her. He mentioned her life, but not the true story, only the storybook retelling. Did he not know what really happened and assumed she was a villain? Whatever the case was, she had to play it off. "Well then. That wasn't creepy whatsoever. Speaking of questions, you seem to know a lot about us," she said. "But we, or at least me, dont know who you are. So who are you Alder?"

Dracula

Alucard retracted his hand but motioned towards the couch, letting the piper know that she may have the seat if she wished to take it. Abel, the wolf, also rose to join his master's side. So, the woman was the Pied Piper. From what Alucard observed, something Adler had said made the piper react in a subtle way, as if their host's version of her story had missed something and she knew it. Either way, the vampire was comforted to know he wasn't at the bottom of the food chain.

"I too, would like to ask the same, Mr. Alder," said Alucard, turning his attention to the host. "But if you don't mind, let me take the question a step further. What are you and, of course, what may be the reason of this honor to visit you here today?"

A sigh of relief came out of Achilles when Lugh finally agreed to hear out Merlin's side of the story. But since he is unable to catch any glimpse whatsoever of the vision Merlin shared with his friend, he could only hope that it would suffice to quell Lugh's anger towards her, lest their brief alliance falls apart altogether. So far, none of the other heroes had interacted with him except when he took the initiative in speaking to Lugh and that bothered him a little. Who knew not being the center of attention would feel so alien to him. Then again, unlike Heracles who completed the 12 labors, Jason who led the Argonauts into different adventurers and obtained the Golden Fleece, Atalanta, a gifted Huntress, Bellerophon, slayer of the dreaded Chimera, Theseus, conqueror of the Maze and slayer of the Half-man, Half-bull Minotaur, and Perseus, the most fortunate hero of all, whose tale was the only one that did not end in tragedy, his feats would undoubtedly be outshone if it were not for his combat prowess and most importantly, the Curse of the Styx.

Before he could dwell on the legends of his fellow Grecian heroes, he heard an unsettling collection of howls closing in on them. Upon checking the direction where the sound originated, he spotted a huge horde of ghouls and beasts heading towards them. While Merlin and Jeremiah grabbed their ill companion and headed for the portal, Lugh and Nis stayed behind to cover their escape. Achilles decided to help the latter instead, particularly Nis. His spear isn't as special as Lugh's slingshot which caused small explosions wherever its projectiles hit so throwing it at the fray was pointless. nstead, he decided to use the spear and his Celestial bronze sword in tandem, slicing away at anything that stood in his path as he advanced towards Nis. Since he had no way of knowing that the female spear-woman was nigh--indestructible, he was adamant in helping her fend off the ghouls and protect her from their attacks. Wherever his spear hit, sickening thuds of steel crushing metal could be heard and wherever his sword sliced, Ghouls would instantly be reduced to dust. Coupled by his superhuman speed, he dodged the slow attacks of the beasts while taking care of the ghouls that dared even think of laying a finger on the brown-haired girl.

"This may not be as good as my old body but I'm glad it can withstood even this much of my speed." He said to himself.

After a dispatching another half dozen of the creatures, he finally reached Nis and began mowing down the ghouls that had begun surrounding them.

"Looks like these guys are really pissed off. I know it can be quite fun to reduce these suckers to the dust from whence they came but try not to get carried away. We can't kill all of them and besides, we're just covering the others' escape." said Achilles while he impaled a couple of zombies with his spear and decapitated the other with his sword. "Though I am a bit grateful. Because of them, I've gotten the chance to fight side-by-side with a fellow skilled warrior such as yourself." He added enthusiastically.

Last edited:
Adler
Interaction: Piper and Alucard

-
His mouth grinned upwards at the subtle reaction of Piper's though neither of the two were able to see that, he had always figured the original tale was wrong or in some way false about the pied piper but he was never able to confirm that as he was...preoccupied at the time. Piper asked who he was but Alucard asked the important question, what was he? "That's the million dollar question you two, who and what am I. Some would call me the adversary and paint me in biblical terms as Satan but that is false, others still would say I was some malevolent god who felt wronged in some and is out for revenge this is also false. I am something much worse then all of the collective monsters both real and imagined by humanity, I am the sum of all that is terrible in this world. Hate, envy, lust, murder, rape, greed, genocide and every other sick and twisted thing humanity has done from a forest of impaled Turks who threatened the kingdom of Wallachia to a madman's goal of global conquest and the destruction of entire people I am all of these things or more appropriately I am and always have been what humanity fears, the evil in themselves. I am a monster of unequal measure made manifest when your kind first rose from the plains of Africa and took your first tentative steps to where we are today, the shadows that humanity feared to peer into even to this day is due to what is staring back at them, the corrupted and twisted vision of themselves...me."
-
He finished speaking and the shadows that made up the room started to pull together in front of the seat while a pressure fell upon the two, the walls of the room were white as the shadow left them until the form of Adler took shape, everything but his eye's made of the shadows that had made up the room while the ice stained eyes looked at the two before him as the pressure dissipated. "Understand I am not evil despite what I represent though our enemies would paint me this way, my goals are not for destruction or death. The gods fear me and my plans but they are not able to face me directly so they send heroes against me bringing us to why you two are here, these heroes must be eliminated or brought to our side of things and for that I need loyal followers like my knight Mordred, I am asking you two to follow me in accomplishing my goals and for it you will be rewarded in the new world we create together." Adler finished as he looked to the piper and vampire waiting for their responses.

Merlin

Melina was thankful for the help when Jeremiah came to support the other half of Deanta's frame. She was also grateful that Deanta did not fight her off at while when she just grabbed him and took off. The poor guy was blinded so how would he be able to tell who was grabbing him to help him or harm him? She glanced back to see Lugh, Failinis, an Achillis staying back to defend them as they ran. It had been many years since she last saw someone defend her and now it had happened twice. Even if they were not defending her as a person, two people had stood up for her back there when Lugh had lost his senses. Thinking on it now, she looked across Deanta and over at Jeremiah, flashing him a brilliant smile.

"Thank you. A true gentleman defends a woman's honor when she looks to be guilty."

She had come from a time where women were pretty much always guilty so to be stood up for like that was a real treat. She did not expect it to last, but it was nice for a change. And it seemed that here, no one wanted to hang or burn her for using magic. She could really get used to this. Melina was on the verge of heaving a sigh of relief before realizing that she needed to be pushing herself even harder, trying to get to the portal. They were climbing the hill now, and looking back she could see a wave of nothing but the marching dead, ambling towards them with lifeless eyes. Terrifying creatures. She pulled Deanta along faster, trying to get him away from that terror.

"We are almost there. Not much longer now."

And not much longer before their comrades could be overrun by the sheer quantity of bodies charging at them. She wanted so badly to do something, use her magic, but she feared the failure that may follow. She was so weak compared to her previous life. If she had the capability, she would split the earth and let those creatures fall back into Hell where they might just belong. There was no way just the three of her companions could hold back a horde of that size. Thinking on it, she ducked and turned to unloop herself from the injured man, shaking her hands and throwing them out in front of her. Her hands become consumed in fire which with a word, launched in the direction of the dead mass coming at them. She was able to get two decent-sized fireballs from each of her hands, all four of which arched out and dropped like fiery cannon balls into the horde. She did not wait to see how many ghouls it took out, if any, and instead quickly slipped back under Deanta's arm and moved toward the portal again. As they reached the top of the hill, she blew out a sharp breath.

"We made it! Into the portal you go!"

She pushed Deanta and Jeremiah toward the portal, hoping to shove them both through.

GM Post

The stone from Lugh was dangerous, flying into the massive horde. The gods, who were watching the heroes, decided to assist Lugh, and just as it left the sling, they through energy into it, accelerating it so that it moved so fast it broke the sound barrier, the course adjusted slightly so that it hit in the center of the mass of ghouls. The explosion that transpired from it was brilliant, an eruption of god like mana exploding outward from it and enveloping all of the nearby ghouls, taking out a good fifth of the hostile force that opposed them. The ghouls were disrupted, as where the stone landing it took out most of the monsters, and mortally injured those who were left. The dust that arose only further added to the confusion, as the dust from the destroyed creatures and the explosion covered the battlefield, covering the continued assault of Achilles and Fallinis. The fireballs that were sent into the dust from Merlin ignited the flammable substance, and the entire area, with a small dome around where Achilles and Fallinis were, lit up in sudden combustion, burning the ghouls and monsters who remained. Roars of pain came from the entire group of ghouls and monsters in the area.

As they heroes exited the portal, they would see (those that could see of course) the inside of a barracks like area. Lockers lined one wall, bunk beds lined the other wall opposite to the ones that the Lockers lined, on the far wall was a door that lead to a communal shower area, separated by stalls of course, and the only remaining unoccupied wall was taken up by two metal doors that lead outside. All in all, it seemed like a typical military barracks, with the exception of the floor, which was made of wood.

The old man awaited the Hero's arrival, wanting to be the first to welcome them back.

Mordred

Mordred waited in the darkness, her dark armor helping her remain but an out line. When Adler finished speaking, she moved forward, feeling that she should say something to Alucard, if no one else.

"Alucard, you once swore an oath of fealty to me, as your lord and master. That was when you were known as Vlad the Impaler. I hold you to your oath, and as your Lord command you to follow Lord Adler. If you have any remaining loyalty from that time, you will keep to your word. Do this and I will hold you and your oath of fealty fulfilled."

Mordred's eyes narrowed and watched the pair, waiting for a reaction from them.

Robin hood.

Robin sheathed his weapon when the miss communication had ended. He was about to say something witty when more undead soldiers showed up. "Make haste to the magical portal." Robin tried to keep up with Merlin and the man who was rescued but decided he should help the Grecians. "Run Sorceress, secure the captive." Robin drew his bow and fired multiple arrows, dropping multiple undead soldiers.

Robin continued to fire as he made his way up the hill. "Ha, that would make 10 vanquished this round, how goes your numbers Sir Achilles?" Robin's gloating was suddenly silenced by the view of 1\5th of the undead army falling thanks to a mere slingshot. "Ho, well this is a rescue after all." Robin watched as Merlin took out amother chunk of the undead soldiers.

"I'm being left behind." Robin fired more arrows taking out some more undead. He made his way to the top of hill shooting the zombies closest to his new companions. Robin stayed near the portal waiting to go in until they were all safe in the portal.

Lugh
"Oops....?" He hadn't meant for the throw to be so powerful. It was only supposed to stop a couple here and there, not take out a chunk of the horde. By no means was he dissatisfied, he was just simply not prepared for the level of destruction. Add to the fireballs launched by the sorceress herself and Failinis and Achilles' charge, the heroes would have plenty of time to retreat. He called to his spear, "Failinis, come when you can!" He turned back, trusting his dear friend to finish up and return, and walked through the portal after Merlin and the others.

Failinis was having a blast. It was a long time since she had fought alongside her master. The sudden explosions from the sling reminded her just how powerful he was. It didn't even faze her as she continued to cut down the hordes. But like all good things, her little moment came to an end upon the arrival of Achilles. He was doing a decent job cutting through he hordes, but he kept trying to talk to her.

Eventually Failinis got so exhausted from his talking that she simply stopped, hand still in the skull of a ghoul. Angrily she replied to the Greek, "Really? Is now the time for this?" She violently pulled her hand out the skull before shoving the body into the ghoul behind it. "Honestly this is probably the worst time for flirting." Expertly she cut the head of a ghoul clean off catching the head in her right hand. "Not just because we are fighting, but because I'm for Master only." Her voice turned much darker and serious as she slammed the skull into another ghouls head, crushing both heads. "Not some womanizer like you!" She turned to Achilles before catching another creatures head with her foot, bringing the foot crashing down splattering the head all over the ground. "You got it?" she said, all the violence in her voice suddenly gone, replaced by an eerily cheerful smile. Her voice cocked back at the sound of Lugh's voice. "Coming Master!" she replied. Failinis looked back at the Greek quipping, "Well we should probably leave. Shouldn't we?"

@Accelerator

Piper
Goosebumps followed by pure fear flooded Piper. Never before had she met someone on this scale of evil. Sure she had seen her share of corrupt mayors and priests and various other character, but the man or creature before her trumped all of them by miles. His icy gaze and dark appearance made her shiver to her core as every ounce of her body was screaming "DANGER." Though she honestly wanted no part in his little crusade, there was no way she was risking crossing this thing getting anywhere near Eunice, so she had to listen. She could act like the little follower for a bit, just to get on his good side. "Well then, what exactly do want us to do?" she said before Mordred entered the little circle.

@conman2163 @Dakota K5 @jeshem

Dracula

Unlike the human musician, the vampire had spent more than a long time in the presence of powerful, evil creatures. Sure, no creature had shown such malice and power as the being in front of him, but the vampire certainly coped much better than the piper.

Alucard turned to his once-commander. Cute that such a young girl thought she could compel the lord of vampires by citing an ancient agreement, even if she were the servant of this being of evil. "For a villain, you're rather concerned about honor and past oaths. On that note, I distinctly remember our agreement more as a contract than an oath. For exchange of my service, you would ensure the downfall of the king, Arthur Pendragon, and give me a goblet of his blood." The vampire spread his hands as his lips formed a sarcastic, apologetic smirk. "Sorry dear, but it seems that only one of us kept our side of the contract." Before the lady knight could respond, Alucard had already turned his attention back to Adler. "I suppose it is a given that if I refuse to help you, you'll take me, tear me apart, torture me, yadda, yadda, yadda, and dump what's left of me in some god forsaken hell hole. Still, I can't help but to point out that this war between you and the gods isn't my war. You evil incarnates and gods have your little strife all the time in the heavens and usually leave us puny physical beings alone." Alucard gave a shrug. "You could at least try to make your recruiting a bit more appealing."

Seeing that nobody was going to, Alucard took the seat again.

Jeremiah Helsing

"Oh no you don't," said the hunter when he felt the sorceress' shove. "Ladies and injured first." Using the momentum of Merlin's push, Jeremiah spun around, ending up behind the sorceress and man. He then returned the push. "Hurry up, bandit of Locksley!" he shouted, spinning around and firing several shots with his rifle.

With the combined efforts of Merlin, Lugh, Nis and himself, the ghouls were literally annihilated off the face of the earth in no time. However, he couldn't say that everyone was having a synergized display of teamwork.

Achilles, for instance, sighed as his attempts of merely striking a conversation with Nis had gotten shot down, and quite brutally at that. He was used to animosity so her rage didn't bother him all that much but what bothered him was when the brown haired girl had accused him of being a womanizer. While partly true, he couldn't just let that bit of misinformation go uncorrected. With a firm grip, he stopped Nis in her tracks and faced her. Any sign of his usually carefree, enthusiastic demeanor was lost, replaced by a solemn expression mixed with a forlorn longing and remorse.

"I am a lot of things, Failinis, but nay a womanizer. Sure, I've slept with plenty of women in my lifetime but it was a necessity of warriors who fight for prolonged periods of time to remain at peak condition. In all my life, I've only ever loved three women wholeheartedly: My mother, my dear friend, Atalanta, and the princess of the Trojans, Briseis. When Briseis was taken from me by Agamemnon, I refused to fight the Trojans until she was returned to me and that nearly caused the defeat of the Achaeans. If one Helen's face could launch a thousand ships then I would let a nation fall for my love for Briseis. Had Hector not took the life of my friend, Patroclus, then the Trojans would have won that bloody war. Well, you could be the fourth woman, but I understand that your heart only belongs to your master. I just wanted to clarify the allegation you have said for it seems the passing of time had convoluted my story. "

Subsequently following his dreary statement, he let go of the girl's shoulder before making a whistling sound as if summoning something. Almost immediately, a fine horse with mane as white as snow galloped towards him. It neighed in excitement upon reuniting with its master and it seemed to be eager to be of use to Achilles.

"I missed you too old friend and I'm glad you'll be able to lend me your aid once more. " Achilles said as he gently stroke the horse.

Without further ado, he mounted the enthusiastic equestrian before extending a hand to Nis.

"May I at least offer you a ride to the portal? It's a way's off and we'd just been through a tough battle. While I am not underestimating your endurance, perhaps it is best to use that sparingly. It may not look like it, but Pedasos is a great horse, despite being mortal. He could even keep up with my two other immortal horses. With his speed, we'll be in that portal in no time."

@Ramboing

Merlin

Merlin was about to get Jeremiah and Deanta through the portal, or so she thought until Jeremiah slyly moved around them and the lack of weight in front of her caught her off guard. Melina's momentum pushed her forward now with the lack of obstruction and she ran into Deanta, pushing him in front of her and she literally tumbled through the portal. She just hoped that she brought their injured friend with her. Melina hit the floor on the other side of the portal and rolled a couple feet, having tripped over herself mid-transition through space since she was taken off guard and shoved from behind. She wasn't on the ground long, instantly raising herself up onto her feet and looking around to see where she was this time. This was not the same woodsy land she had left before and that was a discomfort to her. The portal had been switched to some sort of barracks?

What kind of place was this? Some sort of storage units lined the walls but they were made of what appeared to be metal. Tilting her head to the side, Melina reached out and touched one, feeling it cold on her fingertips. Her gaze quickly shifted, moving here and there to examine the room around her. How could she be certain this place was safe? With that question, she instantly moved back to Deanta's side and looped herself back under his arm, pulling him away from the portal exit so he wasn't hit by anyone who may enter behind him. The poor guy was still blind; she wondered if she could think of any spells to help that. A fire spell might burn him if she wasn't very precise. It was strange for the ice to only have stayed in that one spot. She would have to think on it. She really needed her old spell book. She may have to find a way to find the book.

After pulling Deanta aside, she stayed beside him as support, but continued to look around the room, leaning a little to see down the length of the hall. It looked like a group of people might be living here? Or supposed to live here? Wait. Were THEY supposed to live here? I think not! I cannot stay in the same room as a man! Melina roared in her head, her face an expression of shock and disbelief for a moment. After getting over her confusion and readjusting herself to her surroundings, Melina spotted the old man who had been waiting for their arrival. Subconsciously, she held Deanta tighter to her side, like shielding a small child from a creepy stranger. She did not know this man and leaving an injured person to fend for himself against a stranger would just be inhumane.

Adler
Interaction: Alucard and Piper

-
"I could do all of those things vampire, I could also rip away that power of yours letting you wander the world as an immortal man rather then a vampire, I could also place you upon a giant spike and impale you as you did to others so many years ago. Or I could watch as your thirst overwhelms you then deny you that which you crave maybe? Oh or I could enslave you to the will of another say myself or Mordred and use you as some cheep plaything until your will is broken and your only thought is how to serve your master. All of these things are within in my power to do and if that was the route I was going with do you really think I would invite you or the piper here? No if I had wanted I would of found you two and made you two slaves along with anyone else I found useful but I don't want an army of slaves I want followers who are motivated by themselves whether their reasons are something I agree with or not. What I find humorous though is that you think this war is some petty battle that happens every few centuries or so and doesn't involve you, no this is not some mere squabble but a war of existence for every living beings fate on this speck of dust you all claim as home. This world is tearing itself apart at the seams and everyone is trying to take a slice, the gods want to gain the type of control they had at the dawn of time whether they are good or not but are you so naive to think if these gods win they will just leave you be? HA, a fools notion to think they won't wipe away anything that doesn't fit their vision of "Order"! That includes you two if it hadn't sunk in yet."
-
Adler finished speaking to the vampire before turning to Piper.
"You know Ms.Piper you are bad hiding things?" He asked ignoring her question about what they are needed to do. "I wonder though, is that daughter of yours a recent addition or was she also brought back when you were? Oh so many questions but what bothers me the most is why you didn't bring her with you? Besides you now knowing what I am, i'm going to guess it's because she doesn't know who you really are. And before you throw a fit or panic I have no agenda when it comes to your child as a matter of fact she wasn't even a factor in anything until now. I will warn you, she is in danger though not from me but from those which we fight. They will use her to get to you if she is not protected and no offense intended to you but if the "heroes" show up to take your daughter you will not be able to stop them by yourself...I of course could help you but everything comes with a...price." He finished speaking to them. Adler was in no mood for the vampire's wit or smart mouth nor was he going to wait for the heroes to go after the piper's daughter an need to worry about her betrayal to help her daughter, these things would go easier if they had both just agreed. He would of been able to make a move to secure the safety of the piper's daughter and if Mordred hadn't made herself known and tried to invoke some damned agreement she and the vampire had with the expectation of him agreeing to it this process may of been done by now. His anger rose slightly but he would not show it, not now.

Lugh
Lugh watched as Merlin and the unknown man tumbled into the portal. The archer, dragon thing, and rifleman had not entered yet, but victory was basically assured after the annihilation of the horde. He turned back towards the near empty battlefield and called out, "The battle is won! Failinis to me!"

Across the field Failinis was in shock. Never had she seem such a noble response. Guilt for her rash actions began to creep through her body as small tears flowed at the romantic words of the Greek. Her eyes lit with joy when she saw the horse appear. She adored the creatures and took every chance to ride them. When Achilles offered a ride, she held out her hand to grab before she heard the words of her master. Somethings were more important than others, and Master was definitely better than a horse. "Coming Master!" she said, voice full of delight. Suddenly *poof* she was gone, teleported right to her master's side. As always, she asked Lugh "So how did I do?" "Excellent as always my dear friend," he replied, once again patting her head. "Let us move on from here. Come," he continued as he walked through the portal, followed quickly by Failinis.

On the other side, Lugh immediately noticed the sorceress on the ground next to the injured man. Completely ignoring the old man he approached the woman and extended a hand. "Please, accept my apology for my reaction earlier. Its not really that often that I meet the great Merlin. How is the man I might ask?" Behind him, Failinis clutched her hand in anger, despising the woman for attracting the attention of Master.

@Accelerator @SoleStride

Piper
In a totally different dimension, Piper was frozen in complete terror. The evil that radiated plus his response directed at her daughter took her off guard. Her mind raced, pondering on his words.

Of course she hadn't told her daughter that she was the real Pied Piper of Hamlet. How the hell was she supposed to explain that to a seven year old? "Oh, Eunice honey. You know that story you read about that man with the flute and rats? Well that was really me one incarnation ago. Don't worry though, I didn't keep the children, but I did force an entire village to slaughter each other. You wanna go see a movie now?" Like hell that would go well. Her daughter would either be afraid of her or she would blab and then Piper would end up in an insane asylum. Maybe when she was older though... However what disturbed her the most was the reference to the so called "heroes" who would only endanger her daughter. She could not allow another one of her loved ones to die again.... Not again....

Gaining a little bit of courage, she looked at the "man" before her and responded, "Okay I get your point. You have my allegiance of you swear not to lay a finger on my daughter. So I'll ask again. What exactly do you from me?"

@Dakota K5

Status
Not open for further replies.