Guardians: A War of Heroes and Villains (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin hood

Robin continued clearin the ranks of the undead army. "I will follow when every last companion is through the portal, thanks for the concern good Hunter." Robin continued to clear out the horde, as more and more Heroes entered the portal. He watched as the one known as Lugh ran through, 'I suppose I should keep an eye on this one. He seemed to switch sides quite quickly and his attack earlier was powerful.'

Robin fired arrows into Horde or whatever was left of it, he decided now would be a good time to escape. "This is yet another victory for Robin of Locksley and his Companions!!" Robin ran through the portal only to view another strange world. "What manner or Manor is this?, these appear to be beds however one is on top of another. What strange realm did we travel to this time?"

Deanta

Deanta rose up, shrugging off the assistance of the so called Merlin. He didn't want to be referred to as though he could not reply himself.

"I thank you all for your assistance, but i'd like to speak for myself thank you. I may be blind but I am certainly not deaf, mute, nor dumb. Please do not take me as so and assume I cannot reply for myself."

Deanta would have looked through the room, however he was blind and had no idea where he was.

"If someone would be so kind as to guide me to a wall."

In the back of his mind, the seeds of doubt and hate began to flourish. The treatment of the other heroes did not help.

Dracula

Alucard showed no fear at what Adler had said. If anything, he looked a little disappointed. "You're new to this entire recruiting people thing, aren't you? That is what I had literally just said," he sighed with a shake of his head. "And using the threats of the gods as motivation for me to join you? If you truly are as ancient as claim you are, Mr. Adler, you'd know that throughout the millions of lives under the thousands of names I have lived, there has always been someone, somewhere, after my head; prophets, knights, hunters, even angels. Do you know what they all have in common? They're all dead. And the gods themselves won't stoop down to smite me directly without taking a blow to their ego." He took a breath as his hand found itself stroking the top of Abel's head, the wolf having joined its master's side. "I'm not saying I won't join you but there is no kingdom I wish to conquer, no loved ones I wish to protect, no gold I wish to horde. So think, Mr. Adler, 'I want to recruit this vampire. What will I offer for his service.'" He waited for a moment before speaking again. "How about this: for exchange of my service, when all this is said and done, you and your kind will never contact me for anything ever again, whether it be to go to war or to sell charity cookies, I don't care. After this, your problems are not mine."

Last edited:
Adler
Interaction: Piper and Dracula
Mentioned: Mordred

-
"Ms. Piper I merely want your loyalty until this little war is finished and done with, after than you will be free to go and do as you please with your daughter as for specific orders, well you will get those from Mordred who will in turn get her orders from me. Prove your ability and you will be trusted to do things on your own, until you get those orders you will be fed, clothed and cared for while you can arrange or protections to be put in place for your daughter. What you will be doing will vary from operation to operation." This was satisfactory to him when it came to the piper but now he had to deal with what was slowly becoming a nuisance to him
-
He turned his form to the vampire. "You want to be left alone after this is all said and done with? It seems that my words about followers being self motivated was lost on you, if your motivation is to waste away in isolation after all is said and done then so be it after all this is done I will have no need of you and you will be able to return to what ever preoccupation held your interest for so long impaler though it is rather sad to see how far you have fallen since I first witnessed your wars against the Turks but I should of known better, after all Vlad III died long ago. But this is of no concern of mine, if you wish to be left alone for your services then so be it. The same rules apply to you as they do Piper, orders will come from Mordred until I know you are capable enough to handle your own orders." He finished before looking to Mordred. "Mordred be a dear and explain to these two what they will be facing in the coming times." He said to his loyal knight.

Merlin

Melina watched Lugh and Mr. Hood come through the portal, trying to stay out of their way as not to get herself or Deanta stepped on. Her eyes were still roaming when she heard Lugh speak to her. She still didn't know his name, but he looked like a knight to her, so it felt very strange when he extended an arm to her. After a moment of hesitation, she finally smiled and reached out to grab his hand, shaking it firmly. Oops, she'd forgotten to be ladylike. Her shrug was only internal, but she blushed a little at the compliment she'd been given. She quickly tried to rebuff the words.

"Great…" She said to quote Lugh's words, clearing her throat a little. "Hardly… I don't think that is accurate in the slightest…" She did not get to respond fully since Robin burst into the room and started shouting about the décor.

She raised her eyebrows, leaning away from his loud voice. When she opened her mouth again to speak, she was then cut off by Deanta as he pushed her away. His words were cold and her expression was clearly hurt by what he said. Melina had not been trying to speak for him at all and now she felt she had been reprimanded. She looked down, lowering her head a little like a scolded puppy. When Deanta asked to be guided to a wall, Merlin took the liberty of doing so since she was already the closest to him. It was sort of habit, somehow still, to assist people when asked. She would carefully take his hand and stretch his arm out until the side of his hand was touching the closest wall.

"Be careful…" She muttered, her voice now much quieter as she was worried about being rude again. "The room is full of objects that one could run into or fall over."

With that, Merlin stepped away from him, and like a scorned woman does, she turned her nose away, pouting. Twice now she had already been reprimanded for things that she had not done wrong. Needless to say, she was already starting to feel some doubt towards this group herself. Perhaps they were the lynch and burn type and she just did not know it yet. As her ire rose, she considered just slapping her hand to Deanta's ice-covered face and trying to melt the ice off of him. Without warning and without care, no gentleness to be had. Her hands clenched into fists. No. She would get into trouble again and that would just make everyone hate her all the more. Instead, she crossed her arms over her chest and moved away to the opposite wall – putting the distance between her and the others might keep her from doing something rash and childish.

Mordred

Mordred gritted her teeth as the name of King Arthur was mentioned. The vampire certainly was cocky, and he was lucky that Adler was there, as Mordred felt the particular urge to show him what it felt like to be impaled. Her eyes, blazing with anger, softened only when Adler gave her the order to inform the pair what they would be up against. Stepping forward, Mordred nodded.

"Of course Lord Adler. The opposition is fierce, amongst the heroes lies one Robin Hood of Sherwood, Merlin of Britian, Lugh of Ireland, and Achilles of Greece. Also, someone you two probably haven't heard of, Deanta the Forgotten Hero, is residing with them now. Quite a few others who are unknown to me also rest within their ranks. Not only that, but we have countries who are part of the NATO pact, that have also joined forces with these heroes. Other villains also oppose us, though they have chosen not to reveal their identities as of yet, their are those who did not wish to be recruited."

Mordred, having finished her report, bowed to Adler.

"Lord Adler, I have taken the liberty of sending some of my most loyal men to set up a defensive perimeter around the home of that small child. They stand ready to make a move if the heroes arrive."

Jeremiah Helsing

The hunter gave the bandit a nod before walking through the portal. Through there, Jeremiah found the rescued man leaning against a wall with a scowl while the sorceress (Merlin, was it?) stood at the opposite side, also in ire. He raised an eyebrow and was about to ask before dropping his shoulders and shaking his head. Whatever was wrong, it wasn't his problem. Still, he sent Merlin a quizzical look.

He approached the elderly man who had come to greet them. "Is this the one we were sent to retrieve?" he asked, nodding over to the blind man.

Piper
Piper never liked Mordred. Her reputation enough was evil, but her mere actions and speech made something inside her cringe. Piper recognized a few of the name from list of heroes that she listed off such as Merlin, Robin Hood, and Achilles. Each of those names represent people that she had told stories about to her daughter. And now, they were coming after her.

Was she right to oppose these people? The few names she recognized were heroes, those who swore to protect others. If she was fighting them, did that make her a villain? Piper shook the thought. She promised to protect Eunice, whatever the cost. The fact that they had already sent protection there rose her spirits a bit. Now she didn't have to solely trust "Aunt Jenny." Now she had to put her brave face on. "Sounds good to me," Piper said, a new born smile on her face, "where do I start?"

Achilles

He had expected Nis' response beforehand and could only sigh before tightening his grip on Pedasos' reins. The horse neighed excitedly before galloping towards the portal situated at the hill at full speed. He ran faster than any other mortal horse that ever existed so it was no surprise that the horse reached their destination in no time at all. After coming to a full stop, Achilles got off his steed and petted the horse affectionately before he signaled it to leave. It did as it was told, galloping into the horizon before disappearing when it vanished from his sight. Without further ado, Achilles entered the portal where he stumbled into a corridor the likes of which he had not seen before. It felt like a hallway normally found inside a castle or a fortress yet it seemed less formal and more restrained due to the lack of any royal decor. It was whatever little thing that decorated the hallway had some function to them aside from decorative purposes.

"Humans sure have become more ingenious since my time. Well it has been several millennia so I guess it has to be expected. Human ingenuity has long since prevailed against divine will since time immemorial after all."

He then assessed his surroundings, noting that the sorceress, their target, the hunter, Lugh and Nis, and Robin of Locksley had all made it back along with the others. The hunter immediately questioned the old man if the blind warrior was their intended VIP. Achilles merely leaned on a wall and watched the events transpire from the back.

Robin hood

Robin figured everyone else would worry about the details he was more concerned with his surroundings. He sat on one of bunk beds. "Truly an odd time this future is. The beds of many are on top of each other. This must be a barracks for soldiers." He looked around then it hit him. "Which I suppose we are now. I calleth the high perched bed!" He stated as he jumped up on the top bunk. "This may not be a bed fit enough for a noble however after a skirmish of that size. This will do." Robin laid down his bow and sword by his side. "Do wake me should I be needed."

@Ramboing @Dakota K5 @Kurogane86 @Accelerator @SoleStride @jeshem

GM POST

The old man smiled and nodded at the question posed by the Helsing member.

"Aye, that is the one I sent you to gather up. He is several millenia out of his own time, so you must forgive him. As the legend goes, all the great Hero Deanta wanted was to see the sky. To do this, he battled hordes of demonic creatures, only to be killed in a final confrontation with their overlord."

The old man stepped forward, blue flames lit upon his fingers. He made his way towards Deanta.

"The great hero Deanta slew the ancient demon lord though, not only did he save the entirety of the human race by doing this, but he allowed spring to blossom again. The demonic lord had brought many troubling enchantments, chief among them, the enchantment that set the world aflame. Deanta died in the cavern, and his body was frozen, not allowed to decay. He was forgotten within the year, and all his accomplishments were chalked up to pure luck. The very fire that blanketed the earth and destroyed your ancient reptiles was the very thing that he lifted from the earth, millions of years ago. The change was to rapid though, and your peoples devolved, not able to keep up with the changes of the world....."

The old man touched the flame to the blind man's eyes, using his other hand to hold the man steady, and slowly, the ice on his eyes began to melt.

"Could I trouble someone for a cloth, i'm afraid poor Deanta will be staying blind but a little longer, as his eyes get used to not being frozen once again."

Adler
Interaction: Merlin

-
A large grin crept unseen upon Adler's face, he had felt it however faint it was. The burst of negative emotion from the realm of earth it had a certain "taste" to it that distinguished it from any other, everyone's emotions had a different "taste" to Adler and this one belonged to Merlin of all people. "Well this is an...interesting development. Interesting indeed." He thought to himself, he figured that one of the male heroes would be the first he felt due to their clashing egos but to feel the legendary wizar...witch first was something he hadn't foresaw but it was something he would be able to use. His focus in the world around him along with the three in the room with him faded as he focused on that small dark flame of anger he had felt from Merlin, he was going to establish a line of communication between her and him. "Hello Merlin." The words would be small and quiet in the back of her mind, most would either ignore it or not notice it at all but Adler was banking on the natural curiosity of those with magic tended to have would get her to respond.

Merlin

When Jeremiah looked at her, Merlin just gave him a warm smile. She knew that she was pouting and knew that she needed to stop. She would try to let it just fall away as she had so many things during her lifetime. While she listened to the old man talk about Deanta, she tried to focus on what he was saying. If this was important knowledge, then she needed to focus, but something was buzzing in the back of her mind. She watched with a blank stare as the old man lit a flame upon his hand and melted the ice from Deanta's eyes. If that was all it took and not some special type of remedy, she could have easily done so herself but had feared harming the man too much to attempt it. Also, they were sort of in a dire situation at the time to be stopping and healing along the way. When this thought faded, that simple buzz started in the back of her mind once again and suddenly she heard a voice there, whispering her name. Merlin had had many communications like this in the past and normally it was not for benevolent reasons that someone called out to a sorcerer this way. Her head snapped to the side at the sound, as if looking for where it was coming from, but she knew she would find no one there. Melina let her body lean away from the wall, her stance becoming rigid as she listened. What was it that called out to her? After a few moments of silence, she finally gave in and spoke back to the voice, not speaking out loud of course.

"Who are you?"

Last edited:
Jeremiah Helsing
Being informed that their mission had been completed, Jeremiah went and sat down on one of the lower bunks. He peeked again at the sorceress again who seemed to be looking around at something. An annoying fly, perhaps? At least she seemed to have cheered up a little.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned, thought Jeremiah to himself. Remembering what time period Merlin came from, the child within the hunter envied the knights of the round table a little less. Hearing the old man's request, Jeremiah shrugged and asked, "Do you have any idea where I can find some cloth?"

Dracula
"So...what am I supposed to do with this information? Do you want me to go hunt them? 'Convince' them? Kill?" Alucard looked between the piper, the female knight, and the evil incarnate. Adler, at the moment, seemed to be distracted by something. An annoying fly, perhaps? To be honest, Alucard really had no idea what was wanted of him right now.

Adler

-
"Let's call me a...interested party in your success Ms.Merlin. After all I wouldn't want you to be walking into the unknown especially with your friend...Mordred out and about." He spoke through his mind to hers, Adler's plans were quite...murky to anyone who knew the full extent of them fortunately most of those that did know were long gone and Mordred only truly knew the beginning faze of his ultimate goal, though anyone who was privy to his plans involving Merlin would be able to drawn a simple conclusion. "While you may know nothing of me I know much of you but for now let us settle for something simple, a piece of information to build some trust between us My name, I am called Lad Re and as I said I am interested in your success Merlin but for me to help I need you to trust me." Alder finished his mental message to the wizard, his goal was simple when it came to Merlin...he was trying to bring her to his side. He knew if he found success he would be forced to deal with Mordred finding out but he had a plan for that as well, he just needed to get the wizard to flip sides.

Lugh
Once everyone had returned back to their original plane of exisitence, Lugh let out a sigh of releif. They had accomplished their original mission: to retrieve this poor sould Deante. Though he had never heard of such name, from what the old man said, he seemed like a formidable hero. However at the moment he seemed cold and aloof, but who could blame him. He was blinded and could not see. Any man would not be like him if he couldnt see. Lugh turned to Failinis who had made herself comfortable on the riased bed. "Failinis, could you assist the old man?" She jumped from where she was lying and immediately responded, "Yes Master!"

Once she hit the ground she grabbed the edge of the bed and violently tore a section of the sheet. Cloth in hand, she walked right up to the old man and said with a smile, "Here you go, sir!" While Failinis did her job, Lugh looked at the room around him. From what he could tell it was a room for warriors, soldiers. The real question was if the heroes would have to sleep here. Such a plan would be an utter disaster as there would he so much conflict. But something caught his eye. He saw Merlin's head cock to the side as if one was listening to something, but he was sure there was no sound. She had a blank look as if in really deep thought. Lugh brushed it off without a second thought. She probably was just tired. To at least comfort her he walked up to her, tapping her on the shoulder, and asked, "Everything fine with you?"

Merlin

Her own sense of hearing seemed to sharpen with every word spoken in her mind, except the world around her actual body was blanking out. She could no longer hear what was going on in the room around her, did not see the people surrounding her, and instead focused inward on the voice. When it spoke Mordred's name, she put a hand on the wall to steady herself. Whoever this was also knew that Mordred was out there somewhere. "Lad Re." She spoke out loud this time without even realizing it, and those in the room with her would be able to hear her. She fought to figure out what kind of name that was and if she had ever heard it before but she could come up with nothing. How would anyone but herself and the person who brought Mordred back know that Mordred was back from the dead? They wouldn't. How would this person know that Merlin was back from the dead? Her next words were in her mind only, responding to Lad Re. "A name is no proof of trustworthiness. One could start by explaining their intentions followed by telling me how they knew that I am alive once more."

Suddenly, Melina received a tap on the shoulder that startled her out of her concentration. She jumped with a squeak of surprise, turning quickly to see who had touched her – or rather, if Lad Re was truly there next to her. Unease bubbled up in her stomach. Instead, she saw the knight who had attacked her previously. Now he was speaking to her but her hearing came back only in time to hear 'with you?'. She tilted her head to the side, clearly confused since she had not heard the full question. "Lad Re." Was her response, now that the name was stuck in her head. Of course, she was not responding to his question, but now throwing the name out there for feedback. "Who is Lad Re?" She looked to the old man hovering over Deanta, hoping for a positive answer. "I do not know this name and yet he calls to me." He knows who I am and that I am alive. He knows Mordred is alive.

GM POST: The Old Man

The old man smiled at the spear's attention, and gladly took the cloth from her. The strip would be more then enough to cover Deanta's eyes. He quietly tied the piece of cloth sheet in place over the man's eyes lie a head band, then guided him to a place on the bunk bed.

"Rest now Deanta, you old man, and sleep. When you awake I assure that your eyes will be healed."

With that, the old man conjured a green flame on his index finger, and touched it to the blind man's forehead, and he slumped forward. With strength belying the look of frailty that the old man had, Deanta was guided to rest flat on the bed. The old man straightened up, and then listened to the question that was asked by Merlin.

"Lad Re? Lad Re...... hmm..... I do believe I have heard a variation of that name before. Still, it will take some reading for this old mind to find anything of it. Do not fret though, if there is something to the name, I will find it. Still, ignore this voice of Lad Re, at least until I can find something more of the name, if he truly needs you, he will need you in the future as well."

The old man walked to the door, and opened it, then paused for a moment.

"Through this door leads to the mess hall, where you all can get food as you wish, and through the door beyond it leads to the training yard and library, as well as the command center. Should any of you have need for me, I will be in the library. After all, they call me the book keeper for a reason. This is the barracks, each of you will sleep here. If you notice, I have had each of the lockers inscribed with your names, this is where you will keep your belongings. The locker's themselves all have clothes that should be suited to your taste and the times you all come from. Through the hallway on the other side of this room lies the showers, they are divided into stalls for privacy, and I ask that each of you respect the other. Remember, we all are here to fight for the good of the earth, and for the wishes promised to you by the gods."

With those final words, the old man left the room, and the heroes within it.

Adler
-

"You would be able to draw your own conclusions, obviously I am of supernatural, heroic or villainous origins to know of both you being alive Mordred and yourself I mean you are also able to figure that I am of moderate power to be able to contact you in this way. As for my intentions, well I made those known already as I simply want to see you succeed dear. I am a friend...for you, you must only accept me as your friend dear Merlin but I do not expect you to trust me immediately Merlin that would be foolish but I see that more then just my name is not enough to build a bridge to trust so I will tell you who I was." Adler finished speaking through his mind to Merlin, what was fortunate was that Lad re was someone from long ago of minor importance that had been...a friend of sorts when his powers were scattered.
-
"As I said my name is Lad Re, I was a...minor french knight from the small town of Annecy though the title of knight would be a generous gift, I would say I was more of a...skilled man at arms. I had no parents that cared for me as I was abandoned on the steps of a monastery, I had no name but they first called me Ladre as it has negative connotations in the French langue due to my situation of having a minor skin condition that many labeled incorrectly as leprosy. When I was an adult I donned a copper mask to hide my skin and named myself Lad Re, I assume that I had enough of a standing to be brought back though I was brought back a while ago...Mordred tried to bring me to her side but I requested to think about it while I decided to watch you all, you heroes and I saw you all save that blind warrior and then the suspicion you were treated with for what appeared to be nothing struck a cord with me as it reminded me of how I was treated for something others did not understand and I figured I would try and help you. My reason is simple and I am sorry if you expected some grand gesture or extravagance but I am a simple man who operates on simple reasons." Adler finished, what he said had been true...mostly. Lad Re had been a french man at arms born around the twelfth century who Adler had traveled with when he had been forced to take a more human form, Lad Re had not been bad but society had caste him so. Adler knew that if push came to shove he would need to manifest himself into the form of Lad Re but he hoped that it did not come to that.

Robin Hood

Robin jumped down from the top bunk and headed to his locker he stood infront of it and after a few minuets of inspection opened it and took out fine noble clothing. "The Book Keeper wasn't lying this is exactly what I would have been wearing in my manor." He collected his change of clothes and stored his weapons in the locker. "now if you'll excuse me, I will make my way to the lavatory where I will clean up." Robin bowed to the other heroes showing his regal respect as a noble as he made his way out the door tword the bathroom.

He made his way to the bathroom and found these "stalls" the book keeper spoke of and turned on the water. "amazing I can control the temperature. this future is amazing." after finding the perfect temperature and ensuring he was alone Robin lowered his head. "my Marian, how I miss you. Please wait for me beloved I will return as soon as I can."

Status
Not open for further replies.