Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derion nodded, then winced slightly. "Y-yeah...good morning." He looked down, blinking a little and covering his right eye. "Did you sleep well?" He looked back up at her, blushing a little.

Aria nodded quickly, still blushing as she fidgeted in place. His gaze made her cheeks flare up more, biting down on her upper lip. She could hear her heart hammering in her chest and she a sinking feeling, she was falling for her guardian.

Derion looked back down. "That's good. I can fix you breakfast. What would you like? If you're hungry, that is." He said, smiling faintly. He didn't look back up at her, his gaze soft as he knew she was safe. He was still blushing.

Aria thought about it for a while before saying "Waffles." She loved waffles of any sort, and they where just behind pancakes in the line of delicious breakfast foods.

Derion smiled, standing. "Waffles it is. Any specific secret ingredient you want added?" He asked, looking back at her. His blush was mostly gone, but there was still a light dust of pink shade on his face, and his eyes sparkled a little.

Aria smiled at him as she looked up, her eyes gaining the same sparkle. "Chocolate Chips." She said, licking her lips as she thought about it.

Derion chuckled and nodded. "Chocolate Chip Waffles coming right up!" He turned, laughing softly as he went to the kitchen to get the ingredients. He hid the fact his eye was bothering him, and the fact he couldn't really see.

Aria smiled and leaned into the couch, smiling as she watched him cook. The way he moved was so delicate and soft, like he was afraid to hurt her, but with every thing else he was less than dainty.

Derion worked quickly, quietly, and efficiently. Soon he had two waffles made and he set them on a plate, glancing around a moment before sighing, shaking his head. He walked to the cabinets, squinting, searching through them until he found the syrup. He grabbed the plate of waffles and the syrup, walking back to her and setting them on the table with a fork. "Water?" He asked, unsure what she wanted to drink.

Aria nodded and took up the fork as she began to eat. "Thank you." She mumbled between bites as she practically inhaled her entire plate of food at once.

Derion brought a glass of water in before sitting down, chuckling softly. "You're welcome, just, don't choke." He said softly, sitting back and closing his eyes. The pain from the rapidly healing gash and the bright sun in his blurry eyes didn't help much, but with her smile and attitude, he couldn't help by smile faintly.

Aria nodded and inhaled the rest of the waffles and gulped down the water. As soon as she was done, she stared at him with light eyes, smiling. She leaned back on the couch, her arm brushing his as she lied down.

Derion's eyes flickered, but he didn't do much more than that. "I might disappear later today to run a few errands." He said quietly, thoughtfully, after a moment. "I'll keep an ear out for you. I promised no harm would come to you." He looked down at her. "I don't break my promises." He smiled, leaning his head back again, closing his eyes once more.

Aria nodded. "Alright. Just, promise me you will stay safe." She said to him, leaning her head gently onto his shoulder. She stared at the wall absentmindedly, pursing her lips.

"I promise Aria." Derion said softly, yawning a little. He rubbed the bandage under his eye gently. He knew he would eventually have to tell her he was an angel, but for now, he figured he could keep that part a secret. Usually the human would get angry or scared at that point, at the Guardian would have to go into hiding...he didn't want to have to do that.

Aria smiled and leaned into him more. "Thank you." She whispered to him, letting her body melt into the side of his. He was warm and comforting, almost like a security blanket.

Derion wrapped a gentle arm around her, but other than that he didn't move. He smiled faintly, staring at the inside of his eyelids. After thinking a moment, he realized that last night had been the first time he had actually slept in a long time, and he had slept peacefully nonetheless!

Aria smiled, thinking of how peaceful her night was. She had not slept so well since she was in her boyfriends arms. And even then, it wasn't enough to help her.

Derion held her gently. "If I may so ask...that nightmare you had the other day..." He shifted, his eyes opening. "What was it?" He looked down at her, concerned, but cautious. He didn't want to make her unhappy, but he wanted to help.

Aria sighed a bit, leaning into him more. "It was about my ex boyfriend. He was, well, in bed with someone else. Not only that, but behind my back. Really it was reliving reality." She said.

Status
Not open for further replies.