Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He winced, almost as if he could feel the pain from her. "Alright, alright, I won't touch it." He said, patting her shoulder. "I'm going to get a bandage and some ice, okay?" He said softly, patting her hand. He knew he could easily fix her, but he knew he couldn't do that yet. He might lost her trust, and he couldn't do that.

Aria nodded at him and leaned back against the couch as she took deep calming breaths. She had to keep reminding herself to breathe both in and out. She kept her hands curled over the end of the blanked at she tried to control herself.

Derion left, getting a bandage and an ice pack. He returned, gently lifting her arm. "It's okay, I'll make it feel better." He said softly, wrapping her arm and pressing the ice pack against it, gentle. "I'm sorry I let you get hurt.." He sighed.

Aria sighed as she felt the cool ice against her skin. His gentle touch while he applied the bandage was oddly soothing to her flared temper and damaged soul. She was already feeling better even though she had just woken up.

Derion shifted away as he finished patching up her arm. "Feeling any better?" He asked gently, biting his lip. He kept his eyes on her face, searching for any sign of discomfort. He adjusted his glasses slightly, tilting his head a little, still very concerned for her.

Aria nodded, letting out a sigh. "Much better." She whispered lightly, opening her eyes. She picked up her bacon, which was sitting on her lap and took a bite. She smiled. "Still delicious." She said happily.

Derion smiled faintly. "I'm glad." He said, standing. He poured her some more water, taking the empty plate and washing it in the kitchen, drying it and returning it to the cabinet. He then returned to the couch, sitting next to her, but not touching her. "Is there anything you'd like me to do?" He asked softly, still smiling faintly.

Aria shook her head, finishing up her bacon. "I am good right now." she said, lying down on the couch with interest. "There isn't much to do right now." She said. "It's Saturday."

Derion nodded, sitting back and relaxing. "Alright. Let me know if you want me to do anything or if you need anything." He said, looking to the floor. He seemed very peaceful and relaxed, despite his very alert and active mind.

Aria nodded and closed her eyes, hoping to find some sleep. The only thing she wanted was to catch some decent sleep, but that was never possible. As soon as she fell asleep, all she could remember is their break up, which caused her to start crying in her sleep.

Derion looked over at her as she started to cry in her sleep. He shifted, putting a gentle hand on the lower part of her leg. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He could feel the sadness washing off of her in her sleep. "It'll be alright.." he whispered soothingly, trying to calm her. He hadn't had much practice with his persuasive techniques, but he knew how it worked.

For some reason, all of a sudden she was calm, her face contorting into a relaxed one as slept. She started snoring a little bit as she slept on the couch, soon waking up. "Mhhh." She mumbled as she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

Once she relaxed, Derion relaxed as well. He removed his hand, smiling softly and sitting back again. He looked over as she started to snore. "Did you sleep well?" He asked softly, his glasses having slid down his nose a little. He was smiling softly, most of the concern now relief and happiness that she was better.

Aria nodded, looking at him. "I'm better." She said, whipping her eyes free of tears. "Just... a bad dream." She whispered as she tried to dry her eyes. But it seemed the more she dried them, the more tears came, spilling out of her eyes. Soon enough, she was sniffling and blubbering, tears spilling over her eyes.

Derion sighed, shifting and hugging her gently. "I'm sorry." He said softly, rubbing her back in a soothing way, his voice gentle and sympathetic. "You can talk about what happened if you want. I won't tell anyone, not a soul. It'll be a little thing between you and me, to help you feel better. Alright?" He proposed the idea in the same gentle voice.

Aria curled into him as soon as he hugged her, clutching on tight to his shirt as she buried her face into his chest. She kept blubbering and crying for a long time, before the tears began to slow down, as they dried up the rest of the reserves. She pulled away from his soaking chest gently, sniffling a bit. "It's just thing guy who I dated for a long time, and he broke up with me yesterday." She said.

Derion held her, rubbing her back gently. When she explained, he nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said in a gentle voice, rubbing her shoulder. "I can promise you this...If you truly love something, and let it go, if it doesn't return, it was never truly yours. If it does, than it is yours to keep forever. You're a beautiful lady, strong, smart. Anyone who lets you go is crazy, because anyone would be lucky to have you at their side. Never forget who you are, okay? You're a great person. Never forget that."

Aria sniffled again, wiping her nose and face free of snot and tears. "But how could you say something like that? You barely even know me?" She asked him, still curled up against him. Her plan was never to leave his side, though it was strange. For some odd reason she really trusted him.

Derion held her gently, but he was smiling faintly. "Aria...I may have just met you face-to-face, but I know a lot about you." He said softly. "I have to if I'm going to protect you." He rubbed her back gently. "As long as I'm here, no harm is going to come to you, I swear."

Aira nodded, leaning farther into his chest. "I trust you." She mumbled to him, her eyes closing softly as she leaned against his chest. He was surprisingly warm, and his arms felt good around her. She smiled, nuzzling into his chest unconsciously as she began to fall asleep again, still exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.