Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derion smiled, watching her with a gentle gaze after wiping a smear off his glasses. He sat like this for only a few minutes before the sound of a bucket outside drew his attention. He frowned. "I'll be right back Aria." He looked at her. "No matter what, do not leave the house...alright?" He said softly, but sternly.

Aria looked at him and his concerned face. "Alright...." She said softly, looking at him. He seemed like he was on high alert, so she decided not to press him with questions about what he heard or was she in danger. She had a tenancy to get into a lot of danger.

Derion stood, walking to the door. He listened for a moment before a soft growl seemed to emanate from him. He opened the door, locking it as he slipped out. There was silence, then a loud crash and a thump, then more silence, the faint sounds of a fist fight barely audible inside the house.

Aria watched him stand there, then leave. She wanted to see what was happening, so she walked towards the door and pressed her ear against it. She heard the fighting outside, her heart suddenly began to race out of fear for him.

After a few moments there was a yell, and then running. Seconds later, Derion knocked softly on the door. He had a large gash under his right eye, but he looked otherwise unharmed....if you didn't count his torn clothes and missing glasses.

Aria slowly opened the door, flinging it open the rest of the way when she saw his injuries. "Your hurt." She said softly, touching the gash. She then took his hand and tugged him inside, closing the door as she wnet to go get the first aid kit.

"It's fine, it's just a-" Before he could finish he was already pulled inside and she was off to find the first aid kit. He knew it would be pretty much just a scar by tomorrow, and gone by tomorrow night, but now he hand to keep that from happening because she saw it. With a sigh, he sat down on the couch, wiping the blood from his hands on a tissue and throwing it away. His hands were a little bruised, but they were healing.

Aria came back with the first aid kit and she sat across from him. She took out bandages and something to help it heal. She scooted closer so she could get to his face. If he had been turned her way, she would have been literally sitting in his lap.

Derion kept his eyes on the ground. "You don't have to do this you know." He said quietly, not looking up at her. His hands were still curled in tight fists and he was visibly upset about something, but he didn't say why.

Aria looked at him. "Yes I do. You are protecting me, so I must do something for you." She said, beginning to bandage up his eye. She sighed, soon finishing with the bandage as she placed her hand on his, trying to calm him or reassure him.

After a few moments, Derion spoke again. "I meant seriously. It would have been healed by tomorrow." He said, his eyes closing for a moment. It had sapped a lot of his energy to heal most of the injuries. "Don't let anyone in...unless I'm awake, alright?" He winced slightly as he looked up at her. "It's not safe.."

Aria nodded, soon letting her small arms wrap him in a hug. "I won't, just so long as you promise me that you won't beat yourself up over putting me in a bit of danger." She said to him, leaning her head onto his shoulder lightly as she hugged him.

"I have to protect you." He said, shifting and hugging her, holding her close. "I have to.." he trailed off a little, fighting his mind to try to keep himself conscious. That last hit that caused the gash under his eye fogged his mind a little. "Did you finish eating?"

Aria nodded, holding him in a close embrace. She was holding him so close that she was sure he could hear her accelerated heart beat. "I finished." She mumbled to him, pressing her nose into his shoulder. She could feel his torn clothes underneath her fingers and she remembered that she would have to find him something to change into.

Derion nodded. "Be careful.." He muttered quietly, still holding her close as his head slumped over, gently resting on her's as he passed out. His breathing slowed, his muscles relaxing. He looked much more peaceful, almost happy, holding her protectively, even as he slept.

Aria smiled and let herself curl into him, both of them supporting each other. She placed a kiss on his forehead, blushing profusely at her actions before she closed her eyes and started to fall asleep again.

Derion didn't know she had kisses his forehead, as he was passed out completely. He woke up just as light started to shine into the windows. He shifted, wincing as he did so. His hands ached and his right eye felt sore. Blinking, he tried to clear his blurry vision...then he remembered he no longer had his glasses. Looking down at Aria, he relaxed, smiling faintly. She was safe, and she looked comfortable, so he didn't move, not wanting to wake her.

Aria was in a state of deep sleep, snoring lightly as she lied there. She snuggled into him more, her lips brushing the bare skin on his shoulder lightly as she sat there, sound asleep.

Derion blushed brightly, gently brushing a strand of hair from her face. He held her close, watching her with a gentle smile and blushing. She was so beautiful. "Nothing will hurt you as long as I'm here." He whispered, hugging her softly.

Aria felt his touch and her eyes fluttered open. She stared at him for a few second before blushing a dark color of red, jumping away from him. "M-morning." She said, still bright red as memories from last night and his injuries flooded her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.