Great Sands Online (VRMMO RP - Log Horizon style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Crysodic Level 3... That's like, still in the tutorial quests XD Doesn't matter how fast he is, he gotta inflict at least 1 point of damage before status effects are going to be applied! Plus, I don't think Erode's gonna be right happy with someone even lower level than Darius in there. Also, this is kind of a medieval-y Game World, so those clothes wouldn't exist within it, if you were intending for him to wear them. Otherwise, he's accepted though! And yes, you were right with Hikikomori.

Backstory added :P

Bloody hell, 48 hour marathon XD I'd get bored after like 6 hours and switch to playing a different class... Though with the weapon system I suppose there was nothing stopping her doing that on the same character.

Well, she got totally hooked and she doesn't have any better life anyways so... why not, ultra hardcore gaming for the win :P

Waaaaait, due to school, I totally forgot. How many characters are we allowed to make?

For now, I'm limiting everyone to 2 characters each.

images

Name: Leiko
Race: Allyrian

Personality: Leiko is bubbly and hyperactive. She's often seen jumping around or singing songs she recently just heard. This doesn't mean she's good though, she simply likes to sing, regardless of the fact that she could be singing off key. Despite her appearance, she's actually quite childish. Pouting, and using the ever infamous "puppy dog face" should she not be given what she wants. Leiko can also be pretty air-headed. Taking her time to process just what exactly is going on or spacing out in group conversations. All in all, she's an optimistic lady with a huge addiction for food, real life or not. So long as it's edible. IC or OOC she's practically the same.

Level: 13
Weapon(s): Tessen (War Fan)
Armour Type: Light cloth armour, but around her chest and her back, it's covered in leather.

Personal Skill:
Bon Appétit - This skill allowed Leiko to touch any type of food and make it edible and delicious. Say, a rotten piece of loaf, she can make it new again with added bonus, like cheese!

Profession: Leiko is a pastry chef, this is because in real life she absolutely loved anything pastry related. So she carried into the game. Not only is she able to get money she's also allowed free food. Win-win situation for her.
Backstory: Leiko was doing her usual daily routine. Hunting for ingredients, as well as trying to socialize. She was happily chopping off a tree here and there. Mining, here and there. Slaying a monster (just the basic ones) here and there, all for her precious ingredients. She would have been trying to level up but she couldn't help it. Leiko prioritized food over everything.

~*~

Aaaand, a WIP for a guy. Since I like balancing my characters out. (Literally tempted to make the male's face claim to be Sebastian Michaelis or Saruhiko Fushimi)

Last edited by a moderator:

5'10" weighs about 120 lb

Name
Joan de Claremonte

Race
Uruni

Personality

"Excuse me dear, I hate to be a bother, but I need that. I don't care much about who killed what, but I do like a bit of a competition. So tell you what, how about you and I duel for it. If I win, you give me the materials. If you win, you get first pick of my wares"

Joan is a woman of elegance. Her character is at least. Most people don't really know how she is as she is always in character. She speaks with a sweet and soft voice. This makes her slightly sadistic nature all the more distressing. She hardly likes to get her hands dirty, so she often let's others get the items she needs, and having a love of gambling, bets some of her own gear for a duel. She never losses. A lady of grace, skill and fortune, she has an air of superiority to her, but in such a way that she is intriguing.

Level

Weapon(s)
A long thin blade intended to pierce and slip between chinks in armor. The weapon requires finesse, so naturally one such as Joan took kindly to it.

Armour Type:
Mainly Leather armor under her clothes. Allows for finesse and elegance in battle.

Personal Skill:
"Strike the enemy when they are vulnerable, and they will never recover"
Coup de Grace

While striking an enemies weak point, Joan has a slim chance to slay an enemy outright(Base 30% for Swarm, Base 10% for Minor, Base 5% for Elite/PvP.) However, the more damage an enemy has taken, as well as how many status effects they have been inflicted, the higher chance of her to kill the enemy with her next strike. It has to be a weak point, otherwise the skill does not activate. The skill can not kill on bosses.

Profession
Seamstress

Backstory
"To risk your life for glory is the most exhilarating experience. Amassing your fortune from it makes it all the better."

Joan has been a familiar name throughout the game, becoming one of the top Arena players. This is her passion, dueling with others. She has gotten must of her gear, materials and money from it. She took the occupation of Seamstress, though she never actually sells her high end gear. That's for her gambling and dueling. People fear seeing her while grinding for gear and materials, as she will be there ready to challenge them. And she will give them an offer they can't refuse. After being trapped for three days, she still does not care about any got herself.​

Last edited:
@Crysodic Level 3... That's like, still in the tutorial quests XD Doesn't matter how fast he is, he gotta inflict at least 1 point of damage before status effects are going to be applied! Plus, I don't think Erode's gonna be right happy with someone even lower level than Darius in there. Also, this is kind of a medieval-y Game World, so those clothes wouldn't exist within it, if you were intending for him to wear them. Otherwise, he's accepted though! And yes, you were right with Hikikomori.
Fixed? I put him up to level 10, and added a ingame clothes picture.

More humans, yay! It's a shame there's no Uruni/Orog though.

I was thinking about Uruni, but I did not have a nice picture, and the way that I would fight would not really work with the race. Same with the Orog. (Although, if I were to make another character, I for sure would make a Orog and make him the pure tank with a club that is 2x his height and weight)

Lets take a lookie at these new characters shall we?

@Aria Valle Leiko's all good!

@Reanimator Bob I like her personality and character in general, but I'm afraid besides very very heavy siege cannons found only in certain mass-PVP events, guns don't exist.

@Crysodic A tank would be pretty useful :D Lots of DPS in here and no support or tanks.

Hmm tank. Another day, another character.

If we could work out if Kento dies, and I can replace him with another character. I may, MAY, change into a tank.

@Karakui
I was afraid of that. Worth a shot though. Think theres a way we could keep the same premise, cause I kinda like it. If not, I'll start working on another one.

I would consider making a second, Orog character, but the cast list is filling pretty well without me making a second. Plus I've never played more than 1 at once before.

You might be able to give Odette explosive fire magic; or maybe explosive throwing potions depending on what's available in the world.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Reanimator Buns
@Karakui

I was thinking of making it magic, but not necessarily staff and stuff. I want the gun or cannon sort of shape, though. I could change it from a ballistic weapon to a magic one claiming that the launcher is a "catalyst" like a staff or wand.

But if that's not allowed, I'd understand.

Hmm tank. Another day, another character.

If we could work out if Kento dies, and I can replace him with another character. I may, MAY, change into a tank.
You can make 2 characters :D Unless 1 per RP is a personal limit you set on yourself or something anyway.

I was thinking of making it magic, but not necessarily staff and stuff. I want the gun or cannon sort of shape, though. I could change it from a ballistic weapon to a magic one claiming that the launcher is a "catalyst" like a staff or wand.

But if that's not allowed, I'd understand.
My own favorite "magic-cannons" are the cylinders from Mabinogi (wrist-mounted alchemy device). Would that work as a compromise?
BEB5A9693CEF7E2A23C0AAC7DDFCCA433EA6D52C

Status
Not open for further replies.