Great Sands Online (VRMMO RP - Log Horizon style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly I was looking for something of that variety, so I'd be okay. That's up to Kara though

Edit: discussed with GM. I'm gonna make a different character instead. Give me a day to decide what to make her.

I'd rather not. Even a magical device of such sorts that doesn't use gunpowder (and therefore arguably would be more complex to build) is beyond the technological capabilities of the game. That being said, there's no reason someone couldn't figure out how to make one later in the game, just at this moment no one has done. I mean, it's only been 3 days since they stopped being limited to UIs and pre-designed recipes! Give them time!

You can make 2 characters :D Unless 1 per RP is a personal limit you set on yourself or something anyway.
Yea, one person is my limit. I already sometimes get mixed up with just one person. Sense I am not running any other roleplays right now, I may do it.

Side question, when do you think the ic will be up and running? I am excited and would love to start. ^-^

Yea, one person is my limit. I already sometimes get mixed up with just one person. Sense I am not running any other roleplays right now, I may do it.

Side question, when do you think the ic will be up and running? I am excited and would love to start. ^-^
In around 51 minutes. Possibly 111 minutes, If I forget.

Reactions: Luma
On second thought, I'm just gonna use the muskuteer I planned on, minus the musket of course.

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting to start so soon. Exciting. Oddly enough, I'm usually more busy on the weekends than on the weekdays, but I'll aim to post at least once a day.

5'10" weighs about 120 lb

Name
de Claremonte

Race
Allyrian

Personality

"Excuse me dear, I hate to be a bother, but I need that. I don't care much about who killed what, but I do like a bit of a competition. So tell you what, how about you and I duel for it. If I win, you give me the materials. If you win, you get first pick of my wares"

Joan is a woman of elegance. Her character is at least. Most people don't really know how she is as she is always in character. She speaks with a sweet and soft voice. This makes her slightly sadistic nature all the more distressing. She hardly likes to get her hands dirty, so she often let's others get the items she needs, and having a love of gambling, bets some of her own gear for a duel. She never losses. A lady of grace, skill and fortune, she has an air of superiority to her, but in such a way that she is intriguing.

Level

Weapon(s)
WIP

Armour Type:
Mainly Leather armor under her clothes. Allows for finesse and elegance in battle.

Personal Skill:
Coup de Grace

While striking an enemies weak point, Joan has a slim chance to slay an enemy outright(less than .001). However, the more damage an enemy has taken, as well as how many status effects they have been inflicted, the higher chance of her to kill the enemy with her next strike. It has to be a weak point, otherwise the skill does not activate.

Profession
Seamstress

Backstory
WIP​
Still a little more work, but how does the skill seem?

The chance could also be based off of the bosses difficulty so like a raid boss there is like no chance of that ever happening

Why not, you know, set the percentage to something higher than 0.001%, and just have it not function against bosses?

And @Karakui there's no teleportation functions, right? In regards to say, teleporting from town to town, or to certain dungeons, or back to your home city?

OK so the way monsters work in this is you have different ranks: [spoili]

- Swarm Minions are the smallest monster, they always come in hordes and are very easy to deal with, but they can be a bother if you ignore them for too long. They often spawn during boss fights and chase after the healer to interrupt their skills. Basic attacks are enough to kill them, usually, though due to HP boosts in dungeons, several attacks may be necessary. They are very rarely taller than about 1 foot.

- Lesser Monsters come next, usually appearing in groups of 3 or 4. Boars, bandits etc would classify as Lesser Monsters. These make up the majority of the time you'll spend in a dungeon, excluding bosses.

- Elite Monsters are basically Lesser Monsters, but they come with a significant stat boost and an extra skill of some kind. They have a chance of spawning in place of a lesser monster when a group spawns.

- Minor Bosses are your Midboss things. Usually easy enough to deal with, but could take some time. You'll need to kill creatures with this rank or higher if you want a chance of obtaining Rare items.

- Elite Bosses are the end-bosses. Big, powerful beasts that could take a significant amount of time to take down. These can drop Epic rank items, and will always drop at least 3 of them, at the level of the boss.

- World Bosses are like super-Elite bosses. They don't appear in dungeons but instead appear in the Wilderness on a timer, typically once every 48 hours. To take one down efficiently, around 20 players are required. They always drop one epic item per player who contributed to the fight (people who hit it once then stand and watch won't get anything), and have a chance of dropping Legendary-class items.

- Raid Bosses are the most powerful creatures in the game, take many hours to kill, and their fights come in multiple stages. So far, no one has ever defeated a Raid Boss; even a party of the game's 42 strongest PVE players didn't manage it. They drop immeasurable amounts of loot, including the coveted Godlike items, which are unique - only one copy of each Godlike item may exist in the game.

[/spoili]

So anyway, I'm OK with her having an insta-kill chance on the first 3 types of monster, although in the interest of keeping the game fun for everyone, important mobs that everyone works together to kill won't have the insta-kill chance. How about 30% chance for Minions, 10% for Lesser Monsters, 5% for Elite monsters and 5% for Players (only in certain conditions - such as PVP arenas that involve 30 player teams and respawns where being able to insta kill won't really disrupt that much)

Technically it'd be a .1% as I never put a percentage, so it'd just be a decimal. But I was in these middle of making that higher.

OK so the way monsters work in this is you have different ranks: [spoili]

- Swarm Minions are the smallest monster, they always come in hordes and are very easy to deal with, but they can be a bother if you ignore them for too long. They often spawn during boss fights and chase after the healer to interrupt their skills. Basic attacks are enough to kill them, usually, though due to HP boosts in dungeons, several attacks may be necessary. They are very rarely taller than about 1 foot.

- Lesser Monsters come next, usually appearing in groups of 3 or 4. Boars, bandits etc would classify as Lesser Monsters. These make up the majority of the time you'll spend in a dungeon, excluding bosses.

- Elite Monsters are basically Lesser Monsters, but they come with a significant stat boost and an extra skill of some kind. They have a chance of spawning in place of a lesser monster when a group spawns.

- Minor Bosses are your Midboss things. Usually easy enough to deal with, but could take some time. You'll need to kill creatures with this rank or higher if you want a chance of obtaining Rare items.

- Elite Bosses are the end-bosses. Big, powerful beasts that could take a significant amount of time to take down. These can drop Epic rank items, and will always drop at least 3 of them, at the level of the boss.

- World Bosses are like super-Elite bosses. They don't appear in dungeons but instead appear in the Wilderness on a timer, typically once every 48 hours. To take one down efficiently, around 20 players are required. They always drop one epic item per player who contributed to the fight (people who hit it once then stand and watch won't get anything), and have a chance of dropping Legendary-class items.

- Raid Bosses are the most powerful creatures in the game, take many hours to kill, and their fights come in multiple stages. So far, no one has ever defeated a Raid Boss; even a party of the game's 42 strongest PVE players didn't manage it. They drop immeasurable amounts of loot, including the coveted Godlike items, which are unique - only one copy of each Godlike item may exist in the game.

[/spoili]

So anyway, I'm OK with her having an insta-kill chance on the first 3 types of monster, although in the interest of keeping the game fun for everyone, important mobs that everyone works together to kill won't have the insta-kill chance. How about 30% chance for Minions, 10% for Lesser Monsters, 5% for Elite monsters and 5% for Players (only in certain conditions - such as PVP arenas that involve 30 player teams and respawns where being able to insta kill won't really disrupt that much)
Sure thing! I assume the base percentage could be increased with the whole damage and status ailment thing. And the PvP add to the duelist feel.

Finished muh CS. Gimme all da sugar mommies.

Also, more questions: did every player here read Log Horizon? Or should we assume that making shit with your own hands is a novelty, a revolutionary idea that, after three days, people still don't know about?

Are player cities guarded by NPCs, to enforce non-violence laws, or is that out of the question?

How edgy is this RP going to be? And what's the total gender balance of the game? Skewed heavily towards males? Or wat.

Have I read Log Horizon? No.
Have I watched Log Horizon? Yes.

Not sure if there's any big differences between manga and anime, but I've been trying to avoid assumptions based on LH anyways.

Myself, I did not read or even watch the anime of Log Horizon. (Although it is next in my list, I really should get on it.)

Finished muh CS. Gimme all da sugar mommies.

Also, more questions: did every player here read Log Horizon? Or should we assume that making shit with your own hands is a novelty, a revolutionary idea that, after three days, people still don't know about?

Are player cities guarded by NPCs, to enforce non-violence laws, or is that out of the question?

How edgy is this RP going to be? And what's the total gender balance of the game? Skewed heavily towards males? Or wat.
I'm sure some people will have read Log Horizon, and I'm sure some people may have begun experimenting, but at the moment people's primary concern is still going to be making sure they're not going to die all the time.

Cities are No-PVP zones; the only way to fight within one is through the Duel system.

'edgy'? If you mean ecchi-ness, then I'd rather not have too much of that, though I'm sure they'll be fanservice moments :P As for gender... since it's an Anime world it's safe to assume that 90% of people within it are female.

@Luma @Crysodic he was talking about the characters within the game XD

@ERode I appear to have already added him to the Cast List so I guess he must already have been accepted :D

Well then. I must look foolish. But now thanks to Erode, I will now start watching it right this moment.

I'm sure some people will have read Log Horizon, and I'm sure some people may have begun experimenting, but at the moment people's primary concern is still going to be making sure they're not going to die all the time.

Cities are No-PVP zones; the only way to fight within one is through the Duel system.

'edgy'? If you mean ecchi-ness, then I'd rather not have too much of that, though I'm sure they'll be fanservice moments :P As for gender... since it's an Anime world it's safe to assume that 90% of people within it are female.

@Luma @Crysodic he was talking about the characters within the game XD

@ERode I appear to have already added him to the Cast List so I guess he must already have been accepted :D
I mean 'edginess' in regards to Susukino NPC slavery, or Hamelin shenanigans, or the hurrdurr almost-rape scenarios in the West Wind Brigade manga, or whatever the fuck is up with Minami. And I was referring to actual genders, but k.

And with all these gamers having read LH and such, should it be assumed that the general mood of the player population isn't something like 'fuck this shit, I have no reason for living'?

No-PvP zones as in you can't use skills or attack motions? Or you just can't do damage, even if you do use them?

And what's the death penalty in Great Sands?

I mean 'edginess' in regards to Susukino NPC slavery, or Hamelin shenanigans, or the hurrdurr almost-rape scenarios in the West Wind Brigade manga, or whatever the fuck is up with Minami. And I was referring to actual genders, but k.
It's only been 3 days, so not much chance for that to happen yet. And I knew what you were meaning - the 'out of game' world is still an anime world in this, so the '90% of anime people are female' rule still holds true.

And with all these gamers having read LH and such, should it be assumed that the general mood of the player population isn't something like 'fuck this shit, I have no reason for living'?
Regardless of whether or not that's been read, having everyone being 'fuck this shit'y would be really boring so of course the mood is generally at least neutral.

No-PvP zones as in you can't use skills or attack motions? Or you just can't do damage, even if you do use them?
They can be used, but they'll only do damage to players engaged in a duel with you at the time it was used.

And what's the death penalty in Great Sands?
Who knows? Maybe there isn't one. Would you be willing to kill yourself just to find out though? The IC starts with the organisation of an expedition party to venture outside the towns boundaries for the first time since getting sucked in, so it's the first time people risk dying (Darius can be the first!)

Status
Not open for further replies.