Great Sands Online (VRMMO RP - Log Horizon style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such level diversity.
Lol, I was expecting an entire cast of 45-50s. Nice to see the people here are more concerned for story / interactions than being the strongest.

Lol, I was expecting an entire cast of 45-50s. Nice to see the people here are more concerned for story / interactions than being the strongest.
I'd like to experience the content... Rather being like "Yeah I beat that boss like 5 times already." When you know... I haven't.

Reactions: Luma and Rauzi
That's a good idea, have it based on value in relation to how easily he can obtain money. You'll need to explain express delivery more though. Is it that he can pay extra money to have the item sent faster?
Basically, yeah.

I agree, it's also great that rare races are actually rare.

Basically, yeah.
How much faster are we talking? If you don't mind, please cap the 'express' at 50% faster than usual.

I agree, it's also great that rare races are actually rare.
Yeah lol, So many times you start an RP and say "Race X is quite rare, though" and you get 10 character profiles all as Race X.

How much faster are we talking? If you don't mind, please cap the 'express' at 50% faster than usual.
It works as a percentage in a different way.

For example, say that a Greater HP Pot costs 100 gold, and takes 10 seconds to deliver, at Darius's current level.

If he uses Express Delivery and pays 50 gold, it now takes 5 seconds to deliver.

If he pays 100 gold, it's pretty much instant.

It works as a percentage in a different way.

For example, say that a Greater HP Pot costs 100 gold, and takes 10 seconds to deliver, at Darius's current level.

If he uses Express Delivery and pays 50 gold, it now takes 5 seconds to deliver.

If he pays 100 gold, it's pretty much instant.
I figured increase would be proportional to amount paid, but still please cap it at 50% faster. 5 seconds is already a very low wait time.

Oh and @Everyone, the voice your character speaks in is their Real Life voice, so for example, my character's voice would normally be that of a 15 year old girl, unless she actively imitates an older person.

Five seconds is a low wait time? For one item?

Lol sure, i'll do it in the morning :P

Five seconds is a low wait time? For one item?
Yes. Trust me on this one. I once played an MMO and happened to win a 3 day free Premium membership from a spinner event, which came with the ability to access your bank at any time (not your guild bank, though), and there was no wait time. I could open my inventory, use this button and restock my entire potion supply in 30 seconds; that was horrendously OP and quite boring actually, and that required not getting hit for 30 seconds, while being unable to move. This ability would let you move around while you're waiting so you can actively dodge etc.

I'm interested in posting a character, but I'm away from home so I can't read in detail. I'll get to that soon

yG95ltZ.jpg

Name: Kumi
Race: Kemono
Appearance: Kumi has the ears and tail of a fox, standing at a fairly average height of 163cm. She is quite thin and agile.
Personality: Being part fox, Kumi's character is cunning and she often plays this well. Despite her ability to plan, she is easily distracted, to the point of being irresponsible. Kumi is friendly when speaking to an individual or small groups of familiar players, but usually remains silent in larger gatherings; assuming you can keep her from wandering off. She will swap between IC and OOC to match those around her, but displays no noticeable change of personality when doing so.

Level: 24
Weapon(s): A crossbow capable of inflicting various status effects.
Armour Type: Cloth armor, focusing on speed.

Personal Skill: Late Bloomer
This skill permanently replaces itself with another chosen personal skill on use; doing nothing otherwise.

Profession: Potion Maker - Brews potions that bestow more powerful buffs and/or healing than basic NPC-purchased/rewarded brews.
Backstory: Kumi initially played GSO by taking any "item delivery" quest she could find; hoping to explore while making money at the same time. However, Kumi finally realized how bad she was at completing these quests after failing to meet their deadlines 7 times in a row. Eventually, she settled for the potion-making profession, allowing her to travel and find ingredients at her own pace. After accepting her new reality, Kumi continues to mix and sell potions; health potions selling especially well to the panicked masses.

Last edited:
If I make the Character I was planning on, Darius is going to have quite the Harem

I'm not opposed to that. He needs a harem of older, higher-level women to help him catch up in levels anyways.

Yes. Trust me on this one. I once played an MMO and happened to win a 3 day free Premium membership from a spinner event, which came with the ability to access your bank at any time (not your guild bank, though), and there was no wait time. I could open my inventory, use this button and restock my entire potion supply in 30 seconds; that was horrendously OP and quite boring actually, and that required not getting hit for 30 seconds, while being unable to move. This ability would let you move around while you're waiting so you can actively dodge etc.
K, so...reduces wait time by a percentage, but if you pay the full price, wait time becomes 5 seconds?

Personal Skill: Late Bloomer
This skill permanently replaces itself with another chosen personal skill on use; doing nothing otherwise.
Lol, Kumi's lazy af. Accepted! Certainly no shortage of Kemonos around here.

K, so...reduces wait time by a percentage, but if you pay the full price, wait time becomes 5 seconds?
Depending on the item. Paying full price would reduce the wait time by 50%, so a 10 second delivery would become 5 seconds; a 10 minute delivery would become 5 minutes (although, that'd be for something like delivering a legendary weapon, which not even the strongest players have found yet, so Darius certainly isn't going to have one :D

If I make the Character I was planning on, Darius is going to have quite the Harem
Don't worry, I've got a comic relief male character to make as well. I think the idea for this character is quite amusing, but I haven't been able to find an RP casual enough to use it yet :D

Don't worry, I've got a comic relief male character to make as well. I think the idea for this character is quite amusing, but I haven't been able to find an RP casual enough to use it yet :D
>that feel when Darius was supposed to be the comic relief character.

065.jpg

Name: Kento "Talon" Yanagi

Race: Allyrians

Appearance: Kento's height is 5'11" (180cm Roughtly), his bag and headphones are non-existent as well as the mask covering his mouth.

Personality: [spoili]
Kento mainly stays in character, although his character's personality is not different than his own. As he has played many MMO's before, he usually already knows what is best for what and when. But this cockiness catches him sometimes. (We don't talk about the disaster that was his last raid.) When he is not spewing out pretty much useless info about a monster, Kento is fairly quiet. Only once greeted or asked a question he will start talking. Or if he is about to die and will quietly ask for a heal spell. (After the raid, blame the support. Always blame the support.) Kento sometimes is just lazy, and does not want to move on. He may nitpick and try to find a secret room, or just get bored with the raid and leave. Or just overall be bored and do nothing.
[/spoili]
TL;DR: Cocky sometimes, usually quiet, easy to send blame to others, nit picky, easily bored, lazy.

Level: 10

Weapon(s): Finger Blades [spoili]tk-006-1.jpg [/spoili]
(I should add, these are on all of his fingers.)

Armour Type: Only uses the clothes on his back
Ingame Clothes:
[spoili]100px-Mesmer_Rogue_armor_m.jpg [/spoili]
(Ignore the body, just using the clothes. And except for green, think of them as red.)

Personal Skill: Blood Rage : 50% More Attack Speed, 100% More Evasion, 1/2 of health is removed

Profession: Hunter

Backstory:
Kento was already on his daily grind, finding better combos for himself and seeing why the boars will not just run in a straight line for him. I mean seriously it's not hard! After all the mobs in the area has been cleared out, rarely he logs out to eat or drink. He has trained his body to stand without food for slightly longer than a normal human without being uncomfortable. The rare time that he does sign out, Kento has a fridge stocked with easy and fast meals to eat before entering back into his new world. A Hikikomori they call him. Kento has food delivered to him, takes vitamin D pills, and he spray painted his windows jet black.

So when the time became that he could not log out, he did not even know until a day later. People were saying that they could not log out, but Kento dismissed it as a glitch and that it would be fixed soon. But as soon as two days went by, and he knew that he would have been hungry by now. When he tired to log out, nothing would happen. Oddly enough, this slightly pleased him. Somehow, someway, he was not hungry even after two days of staying inside the world. He would never have to leave again. Although, Kento was and still is, saddened as he will not be able to taste his favorite pizza again. (It's one of the few things that still drives him.)

-------------------------------

Please tell me if anything is wrong, overpowered, or even suggestions on how to better Kento!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.