Gods of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[New Bon City, Califonria, Cyba Corp. CEO Office] Mr. Ricktor Cyba (NPC) & Sabrina Cyba -

~Ring Ring! ~Ring Ring! ~Ring Ring!

The phone was answered by a tall muscular man in his mid-forties, he wore a white tuxedo and a bright yellow tie with a Cyba Corp. Logo on it. "This is Ricktor Cyba, what is it that you need?" the man said saying with a tad of intrigue. His face then turned to one of concern as the woman from the other end of the line spoke to him "What? The Stadium director was turned to gold? How did this happen?!?" His voice raised. he stater ted to nod, as the woman he was speaking to explained the best she could. "I see, Continue the operation as planned. I think it's safe to assume our guests have just came to town" he said and hung up the phone.

Smiling, he turned around to face his one and only child, his daughter Sabrina... who had just returned from New York on the Cyba Corp private jet. "It's just as you predicted my dear. The Director just was found dead. Made into a stature of solid gold..." Said Mr Cyba. Sabrina simply looked at her father with the same look she always has had, a vacant and almost lifeless stare. "will the tournament continue?" said Sabrina, she said it with a very unique tone. A tone that was shy, timid and reclusive... yet emotionless and monotone. This is how she spoke all the time, if she ever chose to speak to begin with. Her Father smiled at her, "Of course my dear, It's going to tame more than who ever it is out there to interfere with the plan. See to it your friends make it safe to their hotel, got to make sure they stay safe for the tournament." "They will not be disturbed, I'll see to that" Sabrina then disappeared in what seemed like in instant. Mr. Cyba then made his way to his office window and looked out to gaze upon the arena where the tournament was to be held. Let's see what this year has to offer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1: In search for students
97b8d9431ff52669d5ebb3fff861b99f.jpg

[Year 20XX- Earth, New Bon City California]
The Town was alive and roaring with sounds and activity, and on a day like today it's easy to see why. With the tournament only a day away people far and wide come flooding from every airport, docs, and highway into town and many of which heard them selves over to the arena to register. Everywhere you look there were fighters of all different shapes, sizes, and even races. Humans, Man-beasts, and even constructs stood in line to partake in the biggest fighting event of the year. The event it's self is quite a thing to behold, something that most people defiantly don't want to miss. From the roaring crowed to the intensity of the fight it self, just watching felt like a honor. But who will be the winner of the tournament this year? Who will be labeled as "The World's Greatest Fighter"? And What will they do with the $100,000,000,000 prize money?

[Tyler Rover] New Bon City, California. Javit Park, Just outside the Arena.

Tyler had already signed up for the tournament an hour ago, and was taking the time to relax before the big event tomorrow. He was levitating above a big rock in what you may call, 'His usual spot' before any big event in town. It's almost time, just one day and I'll be fighting in Cyba Corp.'s tourny again He thought to him self. as people passed him by. Some of them felt a little bit weirded out by him, a few of them just ignored him as they have seen him before and knew he was harmless, and others remembered him from last year's tournament and had high hopes that he would be competing again.​

Last edited:
Joviziah stepped out into... someplace new. A bedroom.

"This is where the President stays, right?" Joviziah said, looking as uncertain as his insectile face would allow him.

"Unless we stepped into Russia's, I believe so, sir," Poker said, pointing at the sleeping form. He had earned his name by simply winning every poker game with the Dogskulls. Even Joviziah, when he played, had trouble with him. He wasn't sure if Poker was skilled or just lucky.

"We'll keep guard at the door," Snowy said. His name came from his hair, which had prematurely began greying and was pure white by twenty-five. Plus, he was sort of a cold-hearted bastard, so it fit.

Joviziah moved next to the sleeping President. He closed all his eyes, moving a hand over his face. He muttered words in the language of the nightmares and of the divine. It took a while til the conversion was done, but afterwards, the President was his. Joviziah almost felt guilty; he had tried to keep from interfering too much in human business on a major scale, but now it was necessary. Of course, he would only activate the President if needed. Now came the hopefully only necessary step for the President.

"With me, boys," Joviziah said. With both of them by his side, he stepped... and came out into the President's dream.

He saw planes. For some reason, the sky was filled with planes. Not new ones in some cases, either. Propeller planes to modern fighter jets. On the ground, there were cars. The same theme as the planes followed. Old to new. Nothing moved, everything frozen in time. The President walked among them, admiring each in turn.

The first thing Joviziah changed in the dream was to show some rather graphic visions of the Demi-God's old reign. Joviziah himself looked away. It reminded him to much of the battles.

The second was Joviziah's personal interpretation of the Demi-God's future invasion. The easy destruction of the world's armies, the subjugation. Everything that would happen unless they prepared themselves.

Finally he appeared personally to the President, flanked by his two men. "This is what will happen unless all you humans work together. You must prepare yourselves, all of you. This may be a dream, but the message is real. Do not forget."

Joviziah stepped back to the real world, far from the bedroom. He sighed. "He wasn't the last one for tonight, men."

"Still got the Senate to go through," Snowy said.

"And then the House," Poker added, inexplicably cheery.

Joviziah sighed again. He was going to be working all night, and probably all week, just on these people. But, after all, it was necessary.

--~--
"Get back up," Garrote said. Verbal couldn't actually see him, as he was face down on the ground.

Verbal sighed raspily, getting back on his feet. He had been fighting hand-to-hand with Garrote and Iron all day. Garrote himself badly wanted to join, but the Sandman had said he couldn't, instead citing Verbal with Garrote and Iron on recruitment drive. Verbal's only purpose was to test the contestants to make sure they were worth recruiting, but Garrote decided he needed more training just in case. So he decided Verbal versus the other two was fair.

Verbal, whose nickname was more ironic considering his tongue had been ripped out of his mouth long ago, signed in American Sign Language to communicate. Now he signed We can train with weapons now?

Garrote shook is head. "Not yet." To his credit, Verbal had managed to avoid almost every punch from him. On the other hand, Garrote trained every Dogskull member, and anyone who had sparred before knew that a light punch from Garrote could break your ribs and that blocking a hit from him was a great way to lose an arm, so they learned to dodge fairly fast.

Iron himself, since he and Garrote both were going for Verbal, was going slightly easy on him. He was probably the kindest of the Dogskulls despite his name, which was derived from his name from his waking life (Aaron) and the fact he used to be a metalworker.

Verbal sighed, preparing himself for the next round of sparring. It was going to be a long day.

Down Town New Bon City - Terri's Bar. [Lisa], [Sabrina], [Xai], & [Manda]

It was fighters week at Terri's Bar, and the place was almost completely packed. Every year Cyba Corp. donates a large portion of money to this very place to host a week long event where any fighter in the tournament eat's and drinks for free, given that the costumer in question gives proof of registration (other wise they will have to leave). On a number of large monitors were highlights of last years tournament, and the sound of punk music played as best as it could over the numbers of crowds of people. Two girls who were all too familiar were already seated at the bar table, "I don't care if I'm underage! Either me some red wine or I'll roast you alive!" growled an angry Lisa. The bartender held his own for quite a bit, but sadly had no choice but to relent to the fiery redhead. Sabrina sat next to her remaining quiet and sipped elegantly on a glass of water, doing nothing to get in Lisa's way. After receiving her drink, Lisa scoped the entire bar to check out the competition. She recognized a few faces, mainly because they had careers outside from fighting. There hardly any she had seen from last year, but there were a few as well. But ultimately it was mostly people who were new to the game. "If Tyler isn't in this Tourney, I swear I'll..." she paused for a moment as Sabrina looked over to her, she didn't say anything verbally but Lisa still responded as if she did. "Yeah that's a good point I guess." she replied, calming down somewhat.

Elsewhere in the bar, Xai was feasting on a massive order of... "Everything on the menu". Across from him was his attendant, who had just returned from what ever it was she needed to do. "So, do you really think you will find what you are looking for in this tournament Lord Xai?" Manda said with a passionate smile, "I have a feeling I'll at least find someone of interest" he said with a jaw full of fried chicken. You'd think that beings like them would stick out, but surprisingly no one even batted an eye at them. Then again, Xai wasn't wearing his usual attire. Usually he wore raptorian light armor with a grand-iron helmet... but today he chose to wear the pants to a white gi, a T-Shirt with the tournament logo on it, and his usual footwraps. Manda simply wore here usual genie cloths. "My word, has human food gotten better over the years or have I gone mad?" said Xai as he continued his feast, occasionaly chugging down entire bottles of various alcoholic beverages. "A lot can change when you have been gone as long as we have Lord Xai." Manda replied smiling ever so brightly. It Seemed that Xai was more concerned about what he was digesting than the tournament it's self, He felt more than confident in his ability. but then again, he IS a god... how challenging can a mortal possibly be?

Alison [Realm of the Gods]

Alison removed her glasses. She was more beautiful without them, she felt, despite having discovered her eyesight was poor. They were deposited in a case in her cream-colored leather purse, which hung at her left side. She also was more beautiful outside of her maid uniform, which she had taken to wearing whilst in her master's domain because it made her feel rather fancy. But currently her uniform was more... majestic. She was dressed in a kimono. Upon learning of Japanese dress she had become rather fond of it, and had a vast collection of kimono and similar clothes to wear. It was a light blue kimono with images of the waves and fish plastered on it. Somewhat gaudy, but to her, very charming and cute.

She mustered up a bit of bravery, and then reached out to knock thrice on the doors leading to Kalliste, the Goddess of Beauty's domain. Ever since she came here she had been especially fond of that woman, even if they rarely interacted, because she was not only a very beautiful and alluring woman, but a strong and confident one, too. She was everything a woman - no, a goddess - ought to be, in Alison's mind. Even if she was a bit... self-aggrandizing, she had always intended to one day seek Kalliste's company. Because for as much as freedom as the Brit now enjoyed, she had interacted with few women outside of carnal relations. She knew Kalliste could provide an interesting perspective and a fun conversation.

And once she knocked, the young (comparatively) woman stood straight up, putting a light smile on her face. Her pale face, however, betrayed her excitedness and anticipation. Of course, she couldn't be sure how proper it was for an attendant to request the company of a god, but surely Kalliste would be fine with it, right? After all, they shared a love of, well, love and such things as that. Alison was sure they would get along just swell!

Toby Rucker [New Bon City, California, USA]

Toby - or, rather, Death. Or the Grim Reaper. Or any number of other things - had always used Joviziah's name very... freely. He never called the fellow deity by anything aside from Joviziah. Perhaps it was to get on his nerves, or maybe Toby really liked to summon him. Regardless, now was no different.

"Very curious, Joviziah..." he murmured, leaning against a wall in some backalley of the slums of New Bon City. "Your men swatted a fly in the White House. I wonder what the hell it is you're doing in the White House. Very, very interesting... I love it." Of course, he didn't know if Joviziah was listening in or even if he COULD hear him. He had never bothered to learn much about his powers. It was less fun because it was less predictable, even if only just a tad bit.

"Seems like we're going to start catching up a bit... I mean, when it comes to human minions," he mused, not particularly caring who listened or who didn't. "Although I wouldn't really call Kaitlyn a minion, I suppose... But I do love her so. Platonically, of course. I'm not sure if I'm even capable of romantic love, haha! But, well, she is supremely interesting, I think. More interesting than most mortals. Maybe even the most interesting? To me, at least. Very unpredictable. I love it. Mmm, I simply cannot wait to see her performance in the tournament. I expect her to do quite well. She'll probably win, I think. I'm not sure if anyone at this tourney can match such sheer power, but, well, who knows? If it's possible, I would very much love to see it. Well, I could go ahead and see it, if I truly wished, but... that wouldn't be insanely interesting, now would it? Not that my predictions are accurate. Especially given that all these... superhumans seem inherently unpredictable. Very exciting... Very, very exciting."

He laughed out loud for a moment, then kicked off the wall and began to pace. Anyone who glanced down the alleyway, seeing this man with his wide smile pacing back and forth, would likely be more than a little spooked. Toby was rather creepy. "Really, Joviziah, I'm not sure why you're so interested in taking control of humans to stop Dreahyedron. There's a saying - something about lots of ants versus an elephant. Well, I suppose something more accurate would be 7 billion ants versus a whale. Because, well, Xai alone is not nearly powerful enough to defeat Dreahyedron by himself and he can destroy stars, can't he? Or something like that. Well, I can too, but... it takes a minute. Anyway, isn't the Tsar Bomba the most powerful thing humans have ever set off? And who knows how many of those it would take to destroy a star! I say grant the powerful people of earth more power - the people who can do better than atomic bombs. Or... well, most atomic bombs, anyway. I think. I believe Kaitlyn told me her strongest punch was the same as the Castle Bravo detonation. Something like 15 Megatons, if I'm not mistaken. But there's plenty more. I've just been up close and personal with the girl... Though, I wouldn't know if giving powers would be within the realm of most gods abilities..."

His rambling was interrupted. Because, of course it was. Such was fate, and he didn't argue with fate. He looked down to see a small dog. A chihuahua. It was looking up at him and growling. It must have been lost... He reached down and gently grabbed it, being sure not to accidentally kill it with his touch of death, and smiled lightly. Perhaps taking this dog to its owner would lead to interesting circumstances. Or perhaps not... though, that was a rarity. He glanced up, though, wondering if he had gotten under his comrade's skin. Really, his advice wasn't necessarily sound; he had just rambled, without even checking with his clairvoyance! But hopefully it would attract his attention.

Toby decided to set the dog down, and then stepped inside one of the buildings into a back lounge, where he plopped into the couch and waited.

Kaitlyn [New Bon City, Los Angeles, USA]

Of course Toby had disappeared.

A grimace crossed Kaitlyn's mouth as she stepped into her hotel room - which was in a hotel not but three miles from the stadium where the fight tournament took place - only to find that her roommate was not hear. That would have been fine if he had not promised her a briefing on some of the super-powered individuals he had come across, and whether he thought they might show up at the tournament. Of course, she knew that flaming brat from two weeks ago was here, but who else? She was eager to know. Plus, strategizing beforehand never hurt anyone.

She sighed and plopped on the bed, and used the phone to call up a cosmopolitan. Normally she'd go for the really hard stuff - whiskey, vodka, other such things - but a cocktail every now and then never hurt anyone either. And fortunately, the woman who brought it to her was fairly attractive, to say the least. With a bit of chatting she secured a number from the mocha-skinned woman and decided she'd kick her roommate out for the night. He didn't want to seem to be here anyway...

A yawn also escaped her mouth, because she hadn't slept for the past 24 hours. She had been out enjoying Sun Bon City and when you're having a good time, there was no time for sleep. So, she set her phone's alarm to 8:30 pm, placed it on the table beside her, and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep...

"It's been a good long while, Grim," Joviziah said, stepping from the shadows. His two Dogskulls, Poker and Snowy, came with him. They had been told to be silent. If Joviziah did not trust them completely, he wouldn't have even brought them. Still, they had holstered their rifles out of deference and also probably common sense considering the other god in the room.

"The White House is just a stepping stone, a tool for my influence," Joviziah continued, slipping into one of the older tongues which had fallen into relative disuse only recently, which for him meant in the past couple centuries. "I've been having my fun playing crime lord in this world but the Demi-God requires a bit more pull than I've bothered with. Seven billion ants is still better than no ants, no matter how small the difference. The straw that broke the camels back, as they say." He waved his hand vaguely. "Or maybe they don't. I'm no linguist." He was, but that was besides the point. He certainly didn't speak like one in any case. "Also I'm pretty sure a whale would still choke on that many ants," he added, proving himself also slightly literally minded.

"And you are right," Joviziah said, "they will mostly likely not be enough. If I could just pick out the best of them and make them mine, I would do it. In a way, I have," jerking his head in the direction of the Dogskulls, their faces unreadable behind their masks. "And I do not wish to throw humanity away as a weapon. Without the mortals, my dreamscape, my own realm, would be gone. Well, it would be there, at least my section of it, but it would be small, worthless. But it is not just about me. It is about all the gods."

He paused, giving the current body of Death's a once over. It wasn't bad, as far as hosts go. Joviziah's own insectile form flickered for a second, the features temporarily mimicking the other god. An old habit. The other god always reminded Joviziah how old he truly was. Joviziah might spend his time fraternizing among mortals, but truly, he was closer to this one then to them. Grim was also one of the only ones permitted to speak his name, at least without irritating Joviziah. Well, he still got irritated, but not as badly. Grim - or Azrael might be appropriate for their current region, possibly - was on Joviziah's 'decently okay' list of deities. In fact, he rather liked him, in a sort of poking, riling, occasionally hated sort of way. Or maybe it was just age warping perspective on him.

"If we had more people like this Kaitlyn of yours, then I would gladly let the rest of the mortals go. Regular mortals tend to be a bit lackluster, after all. Not counting current company," he said, eyes flicking to the Dogskulls. All of them had been trained in a severe method by Garrote, then given high quality equipment and their bodies modified, genetically and cybernetically. Still, they were nowhere near invincible. "And while your Kaitlyn does sound formidable, many of the gods are staking claims in this contest. Xai wishes to enter himself. I merely submitted one of my trusted Dogskulls to the contest. I might stop with some popcorn later. It sounds truly entertaining."

He turned to face the God of Doom, making a facial expression that, on a human face, would be the equivalent of raising an eyebrow. "What's your plan, then? You missed our meeting. Knowing you though, it surely shan't disappoint."

--~--

Three men, one significantly larger than the others, pushed into the place labeled Terri's Bar. They came in wearing rather intimidating masks fashioned like the skulls of canines, but they came off as they sat. One of them, the youngest of the bunch with pale skin and red hair, held up a Tourney I.D. The largest of the three, who had kept his mask on, translated the younger one's sign language: "He'll take a bottle of the most expensive you've got. I'll take the same." The last one, a dark haired, dark skinned man in his late 30s, just said, "Same." They drank silently. Garrote, at least, kept an eye on the other contestants. He wasn't overly impressed just yet, but he knew he shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Nonetheless...

Toby found himself pleasantly surprised that Joviziah actually decided to respond! Though, he figured he would probably be pleasantly surprised regardless of what the younger (well, presumably) deity was going to do. There was the factor of him being a god, of course, making him an inherent wild card, but this god was especially shady and enigmatic. He was a very fun one to deal with. Out of courtesy, he sat up when Joviziah stepped forth, grinning widely. He was not at all concerned about the guards, and was quite certain Joviziah ought to know as much. But, well, who knew what he did and didn't know? And honestly, Toby was happy about that.

"You know, after all these countless years, I never knew you could listen in whenever someone said your name! It's like being tapped by the police, I suppose... You should expect it, but who can know! Ah, wait, wait... No, I do remember that! I do, yes. But - and I'm sure I've told you this, Joviziah - the memories, they just get jumbled up. The muscle memory, the skills, you know, they're all in their, but... It comes and goes, I suppose. Especially when I'm in a host body. You know, I'm quite happy I found this man, this Toby Rucker human, because he reminds me of a particular host of mine on Iryuin - that old planet, got destroyed eons ago. Well, that host had a nearly identical life! I really enjoyed him. I couldn't pronounce his name in my mortal body, of course, but good lord. Oh, did I say "good lord?" Queer... well, anyway, Joviziah, would you fancy a drink? Something to smoke? The sort of women that could make Kalliste jealous?" Grim stood and he smiled, never quite minding talking someone's ear off. He motioned to a small bar in this small room, and stepped behind it, grabbing a bottle of some random wine he didn't bother to read the label of.

"Well, anywho, there are many topics to cover here, yes? Well, first, your plan. Well, Xai can hand the Earth its derriere on a silver platter. If you add up nothing a lot of times, you still get... nothing. And then there's the matter of Dreahyedron handing Xai HIS derriere on a silver platter. Exponentially more powerful than the power of these mortals simply just does not do it justice, Joviziah. Let's say this: ten replicas of Xai, or one hundred replicas of Lycros? No offense to the good god, of course, but small amounts of big things can easily be greater than large amounts of... well... nothing." The god demonstrated this as he spoke, pouring little drops of wime into ten glasses and setting down the bottle beside the glasses. "Case in point! Which one will make a mortal drunk? Well, anyway, Alison was at the meeting, so I'm confident I have a rather good idea of what was discussed.

"There's a more moral and less morsl way, of course. We can find these special mortals, buff them up a bit to fight alongside us willingly. But if I even cared about the outcome, I would want to ensure loyalty. So, why not simply make these champions your sleeper agents? They couldn't back out or convert to the dark side. Mortals are weak-willed. Little backbone at all! It's sad, but it also makes them fun to observe, too, of course. And if YOU betray us in some way, not that you would, of course, but if you did then I'm sure Xai could do a hit and run sort of thing, yes? But, well, don't be mistaken, I've got no plan. I'm just curious, is all. I want to see what happens. Of course, who knows what'll happen! That's the fun of it. My ideas may be better. So might yours. It's really your choice. Mortals on this planet love to speak about free will being an illusion, but I believe that to merely be an excuse. Such are the ways of weaker minds, eh?"

The smile which had played itself across his face widened some, but then he suddenly frowned, but then smiled again, but less so. "Oh! Yes, Kaitlyn, yes, I forgot about her! I think she would become a force to be reckoned under the tutelage of Xai, personally, though who he wants to train is, of course, his own decision... Whem she meets Kalliste, no, I should say IF he meets Kalliste, I'm sure she will want to become intimate with the goddess, as I believe anyone would. I'm looking forward to that the most, I think. She's turned heterosexuals homosexual in the blink of an eye, so who knows? Though, I do think it's highly unlikely. I'm not a firm believer in opposites attract, and they are most certainly opposites. Kaitlym revels in violence! Not that she doesn't have her own creed - she's never purposefully harmed a child. But fighting... I believe that's the only time this woman is ever truly happy. I can't say why, but I can see it in her eye when she gets into it. Oh, and she doesn't one bit care for nature, I don't think. She'll set a forest ablaze in a heartbeat. Sometimes it seems like she finds beauty in destruction, just as I do... Well, I think Kaitlyn's advances would be quite amusing, regardless of the outcome..." He trailed off for a moment, his smile widening again. "Ah. But, enough of my obsessions. You've been well, I presume? Ah, do you want alcohol or tobacco? i never waited on your answer."

"Mr. Gold." One of the five board members called to the God of Greed. Gold turned to him, nodding his head to the board member. "Was sup, Fred?" "It's Frank." Fred Frank noted irritably. "Whatever." Gold walked to the double doors, placing his fingers on the handle. "Before you send your pitch I still advise that you await a third choice. There a many contestants still entering and I know of some much more capable the the prior two you selected." Gold stared at the mahogany double doors in front of him, enriched with detail. He squeezed the handle opening the door but responding before entering. "Fred. Don't question my game." Gold stated lowly, walking into the VIP lounge room.

There was a long marble table placed in the center where various people of power and riches sat, all ready to bet on the tournament. Frank followed in behind Gold with a silent snarl, probably upset that he was called Fred again. Gold opened his arms wide as if he was about to hug a bear, a pearly smile greeting the people. "Welcome, gentlemen!" His eyes scanned, spotting a few women. "And ladies." Gold added, walking to the front seat. He caressed the top of the chair, admiring the styled leather. He promptly took his seat, absorbing all the attention of the room.

"Where's the director?" One of the men asked, tapping his fingers on the table impatiently. "Oh, that's me," Gold replied, "Previous director was evicted due to corruption. He was about to exploit the tournament, rigging it to himself. I am now taking his place." Frank frowned at the lie but knowing he had no power over the situation. "But all is well," Gold continued, turned to look at Frank. "Cyba Corp." Frank whispered to Gold. "Cyba Corp has instated me instead. So.. Shall we begin discussion?" The same man bickered back, "Alright some of have everything but time so let's here the pitch, sonny." Gold chuckled in his head. Humans are so amusing. Well anything that isn't a God is amusing. Gold lifted his finger, signaling the waiter to pour him a glass of brandy. "The proposition is as follows. You will select three fighters, no fighter to be chosen more than twice by separate parties. Each round a fighter wins racks one point. Each additional round won will add an additional one point for every round advanced. Hence third round win equals three points. Champion is a total of fifty points. Ending play, participant with highest points triumphs. Winner takes all." Gold seized the brandy with delicacy, engaging a small gulp. Refreshing. The participants all nodded as if the proposition was ideal.

"And the buy in?" One of the participants questioned. Gold adjusted his tie, a sly grin spreading. Here's where it gets interesting. "You will all compete against me. Any off bids you wish to do with separate parties will be on your own." One participant stood up with a sign of outrage. "Sounds like a scheme." Gold held his hand out reassuringly. "Relax, my man." The participant shook his head refusing. "And you think you can pay all of us or you that confident you can win every match? I plan on making big bills here." The man scowled. Gold nodded in agreement. "You would be surprised by my storage. How much?" The participant shrugged. "Five Billion." The participant hissed with a chuckle all the other participants adding in laughter. He was trying to humiliate Gold. "Done!" Gold answered, the participants all halting in silence. The standing participant stared with a daze. "Excuse me?" "Done!" Gold repeated.

The participant chuckled again, shaking his finger to Gold. "I am no fool, sonny." Gold smiled. "You don't believe me. Fred here will show you all proof as well as a contract." The participant lowered back down in his seat, interested. Frank exhaled reluctantly to Gold before pulling out a stack of forms, placing one in front of each participant. "This is a contract with free adjustment. You will fill in the desired blanks. So whatever prize money you wish from me feel free to place in the contract. This will abide me by law although unnecessary. I am true to my promises." The participants were all in depth reading of the contract, thinking Gold has gone mad. "The buy in?" One participant questioned. "Oh, right I forgot to answer." Gold replied, taking another swig of the brandy.

"Your soul." The participants all looked at each other before feeling a bit uncomfortable. "Our souls?" A participant repeated, making sure he heard him correctly. Gold nodded. "Yes." One of the woman contestants held up the contract, pointing to it. "You seriously put that in the contract?" She asked. Gold shook his head, grazing his fingers on the brim of the glass of brandy. "No, no. It is a unilateral contract." Instantly all the participants began bickering among Gold's comment. "That's insane. I don't know what ploy this is, but-" "Listen! I have earned all desired wealth I need. I have what you want, Fred here will show you. All I want from you is to offer me your soul by word. The unilateral contract is just so you have insurance that I will live up my end. I trust that every one of you will live up to their word." The participants couldn't glimpse any catch to the proposition. Perhaps he was just a wealthy man with nothing but games to play.

"Soul. Isn't that a bit morbid?" One of the participants addressed. "I have dark humor." Gold smiled, finishing his brandy. All of the men and the few women began to make their calls. After brief conversations they signed the contracts, not a single participant withdrawing from the proposition. Gold's body shook eagerly. As the participants all left, Gold stood up, walking to the windows. They offered the ideal view of the fighting grounds in the tournament. Gold turned to Frank, rolling his shoulders.

"Alright then. Any other bidders?" Frank looked to the double doors to see if any late bloomers were to arrive.

Gorron slipped on an elegant ring. The stone encased in the ring was in the shape of an eye, shining like the North Star. This was a powerful relic, capable of shrouding himself from vision. No mortals or Gods would be able to detect his whereabouts without personal sight. Gorron wanted to hide his next action, but mainly from Gold. He sauntered to the booth, approaching a young women in a bright blue dress. Her eyes were blue as well and her blonde hair done professionally in a well mannered bun. Gorron smiled to her with a brief wave. "Greetings. That dress really contrasts your eyes. You are most beautiful woman. A lucky guy he must be." The lady smiled, laughing slightly. "Why thank you, but I am currently not in a relationship." She replied with a playful smile. "Ah, you like to have all the boys chase you!" Gorron teased, pointing his finger to her. She released another laughter, shrugging. Gorron gestured to one of the forms in the booth. "If I could bother you for a entree form please." The young woman grabbed the form, sliding it to Gorron. "Of course, it is my job! You have a great day, sir." Gorron took the form and exchanged a hearty smile. "As to you." He replied, leaving her a generous tip. He continued his saunter to a nearby table, filling out the information needed. With a soft chuckle, Gorron nodded. "Oh, this is gonna be good."

Kalliste jumped from room to room, making sure she hadn't left her godly hair straightener around the Palace. It was incredibly curious how and when the goddess tended to reveal her duble nature, by one side nurturing and caring, on the opposite vain and egocentric. For a moment, she felt bad for Haila, who had been helping her moving the goddess' things. The voices about the Palace endless Chambers and Closets weren't simply rumors.

The goddess had explained to the attendant where they were heading. Kalliste trusted Haila and surely was aware of her skills, but she wanted her safe, and as long as she knew, Chryseum was the safest place to be.
"Your brothers have missed you."

Each time she entered in a room she switched looks. The goddess wasn't quite sure whether to put the "Witty Brunette" or "The Blonde Barbie". Perhaps this time she'd have left her appearance adapt to the others eyes. She could do it. Actually Kalliste loved it. The joy in seeing jaws dropping. Majestic.

"Haila dear, would you mind answering the door?"

Joviziah winced at the mention of Iryuin - he had distinct memories of the planet, specifically that time he had tried to convert an entire city, down to the last citizen. He had succeeded, but immediately afterward, the city had been.... removed, to put it one way. Wasted effort.

He, out of habit, fixed the collar of his trenchcoat before speaking again. "Alcohol is bad for the body, you know. I'll take a perfectly healthy cigarette or cigar any day. If you would, though, I'm sure my men would like a drink." Indeed, Poker had glanced over at Grim's - or Toby's, now - display with the glasses and bottles, looking as if he wanted to say that the wasn't what alcohol is used for, it's suppose to go down your mouth. Snowy, stiff as always, hadn't so much as moved a single white hair, though Joviziah was sure he had glanced out of the corner of his eye. It was hard to tell in the masks, sometimes.

"And, sadly, you are right about the mortals. Of course, not all mortals with abilities have entered the tournament. I suppose I could say my plan was by bringing all mortals, human or otherwise, I would drag all the specials we missed with us. The truth is, though, I've become attached to mortals. I play my little games with them, pretending to be one, on a small scale, when I could easily, say, take control of the world's nuclear supply and launch it. I'm sure one of the other gods wouls try to stop me, but the truth is is that it's easily within my grasp." As he talked, he slipped out of his insectile form back into the same form he had used at the meeting, grey-haired and cynical-looking. He rather liked the look. At some point in his life he would've tried to look young, but he knew he wasn't fooling anyone. "Even though I am interested in Gold's army, wherever he keeps it," he added. I shall look into it personally, he added mentally.

"I suppose mortals are good tools for dealing with other mortals. Gods, I suppose, need other gods." He remembered a long time ago, when he had seen a god die in person. It was sobering. "And I probably will convert the champions unless the other gods manage to whisk them away from me beforehand. Just in case. And from the way you talk about this Kaitlyn, I'm surprised you don't want her for yourself. She does sound like a good match for Xai, though." And possibly incentuve enough to get Garrote involved personally, he thought to himself.

He leaned up against the wall, removing his wide-brimmed hat and setting it on the ground. "I don't suppose you have your eyes out for any other contestant, then?" He made a mental note to tell Garrote to really have a go at Verbal. Kaitlyn sounded like the type you'd rather dodge hits than take hits from.

[New Bon City, California] - [Xai, Manda, Sabrina, Lisa, And Tyler] - Terri's Bar

Lisa continued to scope the room, and noticed three very strange men come in wearing the skulls of dogs on their faces. but as far as she was concerned, none of them where Tyler and ergo she didn't care who they were. Sabrina on the other hand slowly looked over at them, using her typical lifeless stare. It wasn't that she though they were strange in any way, stranger people have been in here before. Hell there was a Lizard man eating everything on the menu with a lady with blue skin , Lisa was practically made of fire, even she and Tyler weren't exactly 'Normal People'. "Something wrong Sabrina?" Lisa said as she noticed her friend staring at the men with dog skulls. Sabrina said nothing for what seemed like a full five minutes... "I see, you think they are strong?" Replied Lisa, as if Sabrina had even said something. Sabrina was going to keep staring at the odd men, but something caught her attention. A young man with bright yellow blonde hair managed to make his way in through the crowed and presented the greeter with a tournament ID sheet. Lisa glared at the boy, an anger bitter glare. There was no mistaking it, it was Tyler. A person Lisa had nothing but hate for, No one seemed to know why but she did. Tyler took a seat but them and gave them both a warm cheery grin, "Hey girls, long time no see!". Steam burst from her hair, "Don't talk to me, as if we are friends." she said irritated. That's one thing she didn't like about Tyler, he always seemed so be so happy and forgiving. It's both confused and annoyed her, how can any one be like this? "Aw come now Lisa, don't be like that. I know some where deep down you are glad to see me." Tyler said playfully. As much as Lisa didn't want to admit it, Tyler wasn't really wrong. Se was relieved to see that he was in the tournament, meaning she had a chance to beat him down into the dirt. "What do you wan't Tyler, can't you see I'm checking out the other fighters?". "Do you see any strong looking ones?" Tyler gasped in amusement as he looked over to a Table where one of the diners had an obscene amount of food and beverages. "My god.... A Lizard Man!" Tyler said as he gazed over in Xai's Direction. . .

Xai noticed the men in dog skulls right away, but he didn't exactly do anything to them. Instead he observed them, occasional glancing at them as he looked at the other fighters. "They look fierce, but looks can be deceiving. If I'm to find my self some students I'm going to need to first see them in action." He said, as he gobbled down a pork chop. "Isn't that always the case Lord Xai? Don't humans have the tenancy to surprise?" Said Manda, retaining her slime and sipping on some white wine. Xai Smiled at her and joyfully replied. "I wouldn't know, it's been a while since we have been here", Xai signaled the waiter to bring him more food, as the man gave him a polite nod to inform him that it will be out soon. In the mean time he tried out some of the other dishes that were bright to him, he had a big day a head of him so it was best that he got a massive meal before he began his mission tomorrow morning.

[Realm of the Gods] - [Haila] - Kalliste's Chamber

Haila gave her mistress a bow, to inform her that she was heading to answer the door. She opened it up just a crack to see who was there. It was Alison, an attendant like her self. She was shocked to see her here, she would let her in but she knew it would be best if she informed Kalliste that Alison was here first. "Mylady, it's Alision should I let her in?"

Last edited:
"Oh, what's alcohol going to do to a divine body?" grinned the God of Death, before sipping at a bottle of wine. It didn't really taste great, but he decided to drink the stuff anyway. He knew perfectly well what being drunk was like, and it made everything seem rather more interested. But, for his "friend," he produced a cigarette made with presumably very "good" tobacco, whatever that entailed. After all, he had demanded only the best for this little hovel, and the servants here were rather eager to please. "Your men will just have to tell me what they want. I can't read minds, after all. Though, about your men, don't you think 'Dogskulls' is a bit of a silly name? I know that skulls are a critical point of fashion for them, but... Really, I think it's a bit campy. Especially since this story we're taking part in is oh-so serious, hm?"

He produced two glasses and, as he waited for the men to place their orders - thanks to this body, he had quite a knowledge of alcohol, even if he hadn't exactly inherited the man's taste in it. He sipped at the wine bottle again, smiling a bit wider. "You know, I try not to talk about Kaitlyn, I really do. But she's an exceptionally fascinating mortal. Which you'll find to be what they call 'really saying something' coming from my laps. I have just as vested an interest in them as you, you know," he said, wagging his finger at Joviziah. He produced a handgun, placing it on the table. "Hand this thing to a person. What would they do? You never know! You really never do. I know some of us really love to talk down about mortals, about how they're predictable, but I don't like to think that anything is really predictable, not the least of which a sapient being. But Kaitlyn is simply... moreso. Perhaps the accumulation of power brings with it inherent unpredictably. No, it certainly does. And she has much more than political power or power over people. She's so powerful, she's... well, she's completely free! Minus the necessity of food and water, but she could do whatever she wished without consequence, essentially. At least on this Earth. Say she took this gun and shot a child... though she wouldn't. Who could do a thing about it? Bullets bounce off her. So do explosives. Hell, most nuclear detonations couldn't kill her.

"Of course, I wouldn't know what other people are here at this tournament. Or, I would know, if I wished. I know one other contestant - she's not as interesting, of course. She can manipulate and turn into fire. But, as for everyone else with special - I say special loosely. They're nothing to us gods, of course - abilities, I am caught unawares. So there may very well be someone very interesting... I don't think a single contestant aside from Xai could take her out, however. Not without excessive force, which I'm certain would cause collateral damage enough for them to be disqualified!" He perked up a bit, looking to a door that led to more rooms. His smiled vanished momentarily. There was a struggle on the other side. Likely an unhappy customer... in the mercenary business, it was more frequent than one would imagine. He grabbed hold of his gun.

"Excuse me, Joviziah, if you would. You and your men help yourself." He produced a suppressor as he stood up to walk to the door and attached it to his gun, stepping into the other room through a small crack in the door. Two gunshots rang out; the first one resulted in a pained cry, the second silence. Of course, they were considerably less loud than normal, owing to the suppressor.

Then, there was mostly silence. Some shuffling, some hushed voices, but Toby soon returned to the room shirtless. "Apologies. A bit of blood on my clothes," he spoke, taking his spot behind the bar and sipping at it again. "I had been expecting him, but you somewhat distracted me! But, well, anywho, if you wish to leave then you certainly may. I know I've kept you for a spot already, and I'm sure you're eager to continue your work."

Joviziah accepted the proffered cigarette, lighting it himself. "I've never been good with names, Grim. Hell, I called the white haired one Snowy and the one who's good at poker Poker. Dogskulls is more of a description than a title. It's more a stylistic choice than a serious one. Besides, they usually deal with other mortals. They usually won't comment on the name because most mortals are worried about being shot or having limbs removed. Mortals can't naturally regenerate after all, which I feel was a serious design flaw on somebody's part." I could've made them much better, he thought to himself.

He gestured to his two men, who were both eyeing the handgun on the table as if it was going to shoot someone of its own accord. "Help yourself, boys." Poker hesitated, then grabbed a whole bottle. He lifted his mask up slightly so as to drink it easier. Snowy, naturally, didn't move, politely declining with a small shake of his head. He'd probably say something like 'can't drink during work hours' and then later drink Poker under the table. It was hard to understand mortals sometimes.

"And you bring fascinated with a mortal really is something, as they might say," Joviziah said, leaning back and taking another drag of his cigarette. "Of course, with the way you describe her, it sounds like the other gods'll be all over her too. If you really care for her, I suggest you keep an eye on her just in case. She might be tough, but us gods can be rather crafty and petty. You might want to keep her safe til someone takes her under their wing if you don't want her for yourself. I'll keep off her, of course. Not my type, I guess."

Joviziah waited patiently to continue as Toby presumably put down some poor soul in the next room. He himself had dealt with similar problems back in the older days when he had been more of a cult leader and again recently as the head of a global surveillance web. Poker and Snowy, to their credit, did not even blink at the gunshots. Garrote had trained them well.

As Grim reentered the room, Joviziah stood straight, fixing his collar. "As you say, I do still have business. Relatively minor in the grand scheme, but nonetheless..." he rubbed at the scar on his cheek, his memory going back to the battle with the Demi-God where he had earned it. Yes, this time he had to be prepared. "It was nice while it lasted, but I suppose we'll be seeing each other again soon in any case. In any case, you know how to get my attention. Fare thee well, Grim. Say goodbye, boys." Poker waved casually. Snowy inclined his head slightly and said, "Good night, sir." And with that, Joviziah stepped off, disappearing with his men into the air.

--~--
"Now, look!" Darius shouted to the gathering crowd. He was a slight distance from the bar, having gotten his drinks earlier. "I shall need a volunteer from the audience! A jacket, if you would!"

One man, stepped forward, eager looking but still slightly skeptical. He handed over a grey jacket.

"Watch closely, my friends!" Darius said, spreading his arms dramatically. Them he dropped to a knee, putting a gloved hand to the ground. Slowly, he stood back up, and the ground below his hand rose too, forming a smooth cement stalagmite of about average human height. The crowd oohed and aahed. Darius looked back at them, then casually hung the jacket on the tip of the cone. "A nice place to a hang a coat," he said simply, and the crowd laughed.

"Now, watch this closely," he said. He pulled the jacket back up, then suddenly pushed it down the stalagmite through the middle of the jacket. It made a very audible ripping noise. The indignant volunteer took a step forward, but Darius held up a single finger. Then he pulled it back up, showing it to the crowd. It, undeniably, had a large hole in the middle. "Now watch closely as I fix it seamlessly," he said, raising it higher.

The crowd watched, suspenseful. Then the jacket suddenly burst into flames. The crowd gasped, and Darius squinted his eyes slightly underneath his mask. He could feel the heat through his gloves and on his face, but not nearly as bad as it should've been. He was glad he had imbued his clothes properly. Back home, this trick had been popular. Here it was proving even more so, as no one had seen it before.

Darius dropped jacket and the flames suddenly evaporated. And there, on the ground, was an unburnt, holeless jacket. If anything, it looked better than before.

Darius bowed triumphantly as the crowd applauded and the stunned man put his jacket back on. He didn't perform for money, no; he performed for the rush. Today, truly, had been a success. Even still, he sort of missed home, where he knew Eli would've been watching, smiling, laughing. But of course, he knew that when he came to Earth, and at least he could still talk to Eli.

[New Bon City, California] - [Xai, Manda, Lisa, And Tyler] - White Cat Hotel

The patriens of the bar partied on for hours into the night up until closing time. All contestants felt to their hotel rooms for a long good nigh's sleep, they were going to need all the energy they needed for the tournament. Lisa lyed face up in a nocturnal dress staring at the celing. You better make it to the finals Tyler, we still have a score to settle. She then made her way over to the window and proceeded to look out of it, where there was a perfect view of New Bon Stadium. Lisa though about last year, and not only did Tyler come to mind again. But so did a number of other people, such as the drunk woman from two weeks ago and the Lizard man who ate their way through 50 servings of food. She knew Tyler was powerful but what about them? What about the men in dog skulls? So many thoughts raced through her that she almost couldn't fall asleep. "Guess I'll see who makes it passed the peliminaries tomorrow" she said as she made her way back to bed. Lisa wrapped her self in the coversand fell fast asleep.

Tyler on the other hand was not concered at all, he was already asleep infact. Despite his excitement Tyler was out like a light the moment he slipped into a pair of pajama pants and ploped right into bed. But at one point he did find him self waking up around 11:30 PM, something came to his mind. Something he had not considered, and that was who else was going to be in the tourney. "I know Lisa can manage, and I'm pretty sure Sabrina's not competeing again. But what about some of the other fighters?" he said to him self completely confused. Tyler has fought a number of people great and small, needless to say some were much more powerful than others. Could they be fighting in the Tournament? They had the power to get pretty far if they wanted to, but does that really mean they were here? Tyler tired his hardest not to think about it, the only thing that mattered now was getting a good rest so he's have the energy he needed to fight his way to the final 16.

Xai was wide awake, messing around with an odd plastic box with moving pictures on one side. the same boxes that he sawy plying last year's highlights in the bar. "What is this thing? Can it show me anything I want? If thats so, I want to see more mortals fighting eachother." he said, as he accidently turned the TV on as it tuned into an anime channel where people we fighting in massive machines blowing up everthing around them with missles. Xai was, impressed, as he sat down on the bed gazing at the show with a bit of awe. "Ooooh I got to get my slef one of these." Manda grined at him, and sat right down nex to him. Although she wasn't as entertained as he was she was glad to see that he was happy and some what adjusting to the world. "It is impressive, I dpn't see why we wouldn't be able to have such a thing like this in your domain." Manda said calmly as she layed back into the bed they were resting on. She wasn't worried for Xai at all, he was the God of destruction. For the whole time she knew him he has never lost once, and those fighters range from historical super-mortals to other gods. If anyone was going to win this tournament she knew it was going to be him. Xai then let out a yawn as he attempted to turn off the TV, he succeeded and looked down to Manda "I hope my plan works, I think I did see some unusual mortals back there but I'm not certian if they have to potential to be something spectacular." Manda got up and continued to smile at him, "If anyone can do it it's you, Lord Xai". Xai smiled back at her and nodded, he then walked over to his own bed and fell asleep.

------~~~~~~~~~~~~------
latest

[New Bon Stadium, New Bon City California]
Today's the Day! The day of the 15th annual Cyba Corp. Fighting Tournament! Hourds of fightes Flood in from West enterance and make their way to a huge foyer where 16 small fighting rings were allined in two rows, and a stage was in the far back of the room against a wall where five men stood ate tables with boxes. One of the men rises up and speaks out through a Microphone...

"Greetings fighters! And Welcome to the 15th annual Cyba Corp. Tournament! This year we have a record total of 4,678 Fighters with us here today, however only 16 of you may take part in the finals. To determine this you will each be fighting in a number of peliminary rounds, the 16 who manage to winn these rounds will be our contestants. The rules are simple, you will each fight one another one on one. A match is over if you surrender, are down for 10 counts, fall out side the ring, or are knocked unconsience. Fighs not copleted under five minutes will be determined by points. Killing your opponent is needless to say, illeagal. No weapons are permitted in this tournament, you may use claws but unly if they are natural. the use op armored headgear is forbidden, please discard them in the Stadium locker rooms if you are in possession of one. Any violation of these rules will result in immeadiate removal from the tournament. Now if you will, please come forward and draw a number from the box. This will determine what pelliminary set of peliminaries you will be fighting in, and please do not trade your number with another fighter."​

Being an early riser by nature, Kaitlyn was one of the first to enter the building. She glanced about, absorbing her surroundings, having never been in a stadium quite so big in her life. Not that it necessarily impressed her; there were much larger structures in the world, after all, and she could probably make this place into a crater if she truly wished. But, of course, murder was illegal,so she wasn't about to do that. And as more contestants filed in, she couldn't very much tell who was "special" and who wasn't. Everyone looked essentially normal.

Though, Kaitlyn very much stood out for her aura if not her clothing. It was... menacing, to say the least, and so naturally the weaker fighters - of which there were quite a few - would generally make a radius around her. She was simply scary! Her eyes made it look like she was ready to kill someone at any moment, and her confident stance and stride intimidated even the largest competitors. Of course, there were those who could be considered superhuman who didn't necessarily avoid her. There were also those who simply couldn't tell she was a threat to everyone's safety.

She stopped wandering when the man made his announcement. She glanced over, and a handful of people who were watching her would swear up and down, following the tournament, that she literally teleported to the far back of the room! Kaitlyn, needless to say, was the first in line to grab a number, pocketing it as she retreated swiftly to the two rows of rings, waiting for everyone to grab their number and for the small, weak men who oversaw the tournament to announce whatever else they needed to announce. She was anxious to get this thing started.

[New Bon City Stadium, California.] - [Xai, Lisa, Tyler] - Peliminaries Room.

In what seemed like No Time what so ever, a boy with bight blonde hair soddenly appeared in a flash of light holding a large cup of chicken fingers in his left arm. He reached right into the Box with his right arm and pulled out a box and pulled out a number. He then used telekinisis to bite onto a chicken finger and teleported to the other side of the room. Next to a rather frightening woman, or atkeast she was frightening to most people. This was obviously Tyler, a boy who seemed to have no concept for fear. As he nibbled on his chicken brunch he coulden't help but look over to Kaitlyn, he paused for a moment and stared at her. A stare tha looked very much like a confused puppy, "Hello..." He said cheerfully after a brief peroid of silence. Tlyer didn't exactly know what was the deal with this person, nor did he even realize the people giving her a breat deal of space. But he was too kind and friendly in nature to even give it any thought.

By that time, a big flame would be seen flying though the crowd as people took steps back to avoid being burned. There was no mistaking this one either. Lisa along with many others stood out like a sore thumb. sh snatced a number from one of the boxes and made her way to the only face she recognized... Tyler. But he wasn't alone, "Don't you know there is such a thing as being too friendly Tyler?" Lisa said with a Sigh. "HI Lisa, glad you could make it! I was hoping we could fight again." Said an eager Tyler. "Why wouldn't I be here. You know I am after a rematch.". Tyler smiled at her, "I know, and I've been looking forward to fighting you again. Last year was so much fun!". As he munched down an another chicken finger Lisa looked back at him with a smile of her own, a comfident and nearly sinister one but a smile none the less. "You are so lucky that this is the peliminaries, otherwise I'd SINGE that stupid as grin off your face." Tyler let out a laugh, as if she had just said a funny joke. "Heh, well it didn't work out all thet well last year."

It was about that time when Xai walked in, he didn't do anything to scare the crowed or leap ahead in line. But people did clear a path for him as he approached the draw box. He picked a number and then in an instant appeared on Kaitlyn's other side. He looked around the room with his typical smiling face, Xai didn't know if the three mortals next to him were all that powerful but if thet could get past the crowd with that much ease then they most be someting special... Right?

Last edited:
So blatantly obnoxious. It was, frankly, irritating. A young man suddenly appeared beside her. It didn't spook her in the slightest; rather, she frowned down at him. And then an even more obnoxious person - likely that girl from two weeks ago - flew through the room, and then made her way to them. Her scowl deepened. Was she all of the sudden a magnet? Kaitlyn most certainly hoped not...

She had pushed off the ring to walk away from these two irritating people when someone else suddenly appeared beside her, again. She gritted her teeth, glared at him, and was on the other side of the rings in less than a second.

Standing around and waiting for something to happen was bad enough as it was. But having three buffoons hanging over her shoulder? There was nothing in this world she could have imagined that was worse. She'd rather stick with her silence and solitude, and she especially didn't want to speak with that belligerent flaming girl. Who the hell did she think she was, being so damn annoying? Just the sound of her voice was grating! And that kid - she absolutely hated naive innocence. They were willfully ignorant of the world, it seemed, and didn't care to think realistically.

The last one wasn't quite as annoying; he was silent, after all. But she nonetheless didn't care for being near any other people.

The three men strode into line, Verbal now maskless. Garrote had trained him especially hard, but had avoided breaking anything. Nonetheless, Verbal was still aching a bit. Iron had still gone easy, but that didn't make it too much easier. Verbal looked younger with his mask off, red haired and tanned skin. He looked like the type of person who was always belligerent and talking, and he certainly would be was his tongue still in.

"Iron and I shall be spectating. Good luck," Garrote said, then walked off. He was never good at goodbyes. Iron gave Verbal an almost apologetic look before folloeing Garrote.

Verbal sighed, taking a number before disappearing into the crowd to wait. Young as he might look, he was still scarred, most notably an old gash across his cheekbone. Even without his mask, he was just as distinctive.

--~--
Darius had strode in cheerfully, taking a number also. He had turned in his mask to the lockers, and now enjoyed the relatively fresh air. His black hair was cut short, almost shaven, but despite the strict cut he was just as relaxed as ever. His blue eyes flitted about the crowd, taking the faces in. He rubbed gently with one gloved hand at the base of his neck, where there was a small tattoo. It was of a scorpion like creatures, except with added tentacle-like appendages and more broadened claws. It was a mark of honor from his family when he and his father had hunted down Old Digger, who had attempted to destroy their home carrier many times before. It was at this hunt he had met Eli, too. It always comforted him.

[Xai, Lisa, & Tyler] - The Peliminaries Room

"Will Fighters Number 1 and 2 please report to bock A 1?" called out a staff member. Tyler light up like a light with excitement, "Hey they started alread!" he then looked at his number to only be filled with even more glee. He was Fighter number 1, "And I'm first in my block!" he cried out with joy. He teleported to the correct stage as Lisa made her way to watch the fight... Not like she didn't know what the outcome would be. "It's either going to be a Psy Bolt or he's just going to throw them." she said to her self watching in the most miled form of amusement. The Staff member called once more to inform Fighter number 2 that their match was about to begin. That's when a rather tall and muscular man that stood 8' 11'' took to the stage. "This is my opponent? HA! He's just a boy!" he smugly laughed out. But Tyler didn't respond with a retort, instead he smiled brightly. . . "Hi." He said without the least bit of fear or concern.

"Let the match begin!" Called out the refferee. As the tall man attempted to charge at Tyler. But before he even got near him Tyler simply continued to smile and said "Bye" just as confident as his greeting as he used his telekinisis to send the man flying out an open window. "Number 1 Advances!" Called out the refferee, as Tlyer started laughing. he seemed to be having fun with this, as if it were a game to him. Lisa then smerked a little "Called it". Xai witnessed everything, and he looked reasured about something. He continued to slime as he kept an eye on Tyler. A psychic, and here I was thinking the red head was going to be the best I'll find... come to think of is she's an interesting one as well. he thought to him self. He then heard his own number called out and took to his respective stage and faced his opponent. it was amuscular woman with a luchador mask and a bright orange leotard. "Begin" called out the referee, as Xai kicked the woman in the chest sending her crahing into a wall. She was hurt, but not no where near the point where the injury was severe. "Well that was disapointing" he said unamused and steped off the stage. "Number 2345, advances" said the referee as Xai awaited his next fight.

Last edited:

The tournament was set. The first fight already accomplished and Gold stood up in the VIP Box. Surrounding Gold were the other bidders, all enjoying rich samplers and the best possible wine. Gold had ordered that the stadium be garnished with a dozen golden statues surrounding each ring. In the Box there was majestic golden statue that decorated the room as the center piece, displaying rich atmosphere. Gold crossed his arms, observing the first couple of fights. Xai had already diminished his first opponent. A snicker escaped Gold. "Fred, play some blues." Gold ordered. "My name is Frank." Frank once again reminded, moving his way to change the music. Gold paid no attention to Frank's comment, instead just observing the fighters below.

Gold snapped his fingers, nodding to Frank. Frank grabbed a mic that was lying by Gold's desk, handing to him. Gold cleared his throat, adjusting his tie. He turned to look at Frank, Frank responding with a nod. "Ladies and Gentlemen," Gold's voice echoed across the speakers in the tournament, "Welcome to the annual 15th fighting tournament. I am the director of these spectacular games and want to bare you a personal thank you for your support. To change things up a bit we have added a live betting system on a downloadable app you can install right now! Live a little and show your friends what you know about this number one rated sport. Bet any amount and through any match and the earning is yours. Just make sure to accept all terms and conditions!" Gold handed the mic back to Frank before releasing another one of his signature sinister smiles. He usually liked to score one by one but with desperate times comes desperate measures as they say.

Gorron entered the preliminaries room each of his steps sounding like a dampened cannon shot. He moved his way to the tickets, grabbing one gently. He softly pulled the number, observing the crowd around him. He wasn't wearing the ring anymore but instead this time he had a whistle hanging from his neck. The whistle was in the shape of a cylinder, engraved with markings of ancient text.

Gorron continued to move around the room noting all the structures and style of the people and the building. He hardly ever left his mountain unless it was to see Gold which was quite frequent. Gorron found an open seat but noticed he was much too large to fit himself in just one seat. With a glance around the room, Gorron instead walked to the corner of the room and roughly sat on the floor. The ground shook a little as he landed due to his heavy mass.

[Sabrina] & Ricktor Cyba (NPC) - Tournament - VIP Room

Mr. Cyba and his daughter enter the room being escorted by two Android entities with Gould and Navy colored armor, and took took their rightful seets. Instantly people began whispering things all about the room, They knew who these two are, infact if it wasn't for Mr. Cyba there wouldn't even be a tournament. Mr. Cyba looke out from the VIP box to observe the peliminaries tak place, seeing fighter after fighter either win or lose. Sabrina on the other hand just stared at the fighters, she didn't particullarly care about who won... unless that fighter was Lisa or possibly Tlyer. "Quite the game you got going here Mr. Director." Mr. Cyba siad humoring gold.

His attention first focused on Tyler, a returning fighter from last year. He could be a good choice to place his bet, He then looked over to Sabrina. "What do you think Sabrina, Do you think He will win this time?" Said the CEO. sabrina remained silent, and her father replied as if she had answered his question... "Hmn, who else could there be?" He said as he turned his Attention to Lisa, who had just finnished a match. "What about her my dear, She dose seem to be fired up to day... No pun intended". Once again Sabrina said nothing, and even still her father responded. "Then who do YOU think will be the winner this year my dear?"...

Sabrina slowly raised her arm, pointing at a lizard man who just 'one shoted' an opponent with a single kick. "That one..." she said in her typical reclusive yet monitone voice. Her father then looked at the fighter she was pointing at. and then pulled out a log book of all the fighters who entered this year... Page after page he searched until he found a copy of a form that matched his apperance... "Are you sure about that my dear?" he asked.... "Yes" she calmly replied. "Hmmm, Xai Zeavot. I don't believe I ever heard of him... BUT, if you say he's going to be the winner..." Mr. Cyba then pulled out his phone, downloaded the app. And placed his bet of [a number with a rediculous amount of zeros]. He then eased back into his seat and continued to watch the fighters.

Now Playing ♫~ Plow through the peliminaries

[Xai, Lisa, & Tyler] - Peliminary Room

The peliminaries went off with a bang. Fighters from all over the globe were here beating eachother down into to the floor of ther repective rings. Xai contined to 'one shot' fighters left and right. some people even just gave up as they knew they could not even hope to best him with his speed and power. "Come on now, surely one of you gan give me a challenge?" he said feeling completely cocky. Bu could one really blame him? Almost all of the other fighters didn't know it but he IS a god. Despite it being mundane, Xai endured the easy poopnents, as he knew the real competition lies within the finals. "Well, Then again I don't mind getting a free pass to the finals."

Lisa was also doing remarkably well, she almost never used he fire powers. and when she did it was more of a scare tactic. The peliminaries were boring to her, they felt too easy. Even if she was 'Made of fire' you'd think one person would at least TRY something to get around it. "I'll take you all on if I have to, but I WILL go to the final 16!" she said as her back turend into flame and flared up. Some fighters chickend out and gave up, some of them were from other peliminary blockes. This just made thins easy for everyone, and it definatly sped things up a bit.

Tyler too had no trouble with these fights, but unlike Lisa he didn't think of it as boring. To him it was more of a warm up. A way of 'teasing' his powers to others. Even though this was incredibly easy, Tyler couldn't help but smile though the peliminaries. He was havn fun, and thats all that mattered to him for the most part. "Sorry man, better luck next year." he said grining at an opposing fighter whom he just sent into a wall with a psyinic powered punch. The man was completely Dizzy, he didn't expect Tyler to be this strong at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.