Ghost Zone Havoc (RP Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eh... I dunno..." Jason said, patting Jake on the head, "I'd say your pretty cute."

Jake covered his face and blushed a darker red. "H-Hey!" He shook his head, not believing it, but incredibly... fluffy inside. What was that about? He kind of liked it...

Baek laughed, one of those booming overly happy laughs, at the situation. Jake's reaction to Jason amusing him greatly

Jake peeked through his hands up at Jason. "You.. you think I-I'm cute...?" He never really heard that before.

Baek slid out of the room to give them...time

Damien hadn't really been paying much attention to things outside the window - he was more interested in the contract. Perched on his nose were a pair of black-framed glasses. He didn't need them - they just made him look more clever. He was reading over the multi-page legal document looking for something that might be construed to help in how to deal with this.

"Well there's fire. And I found flood earlier. I don't know why there's hurricane references. Tornadoes I get. There's even an air strike clause. But nothing about quantum mechanics royally fucking everything up."

He let out a sigh that turned into a groan as the lights went out, everything going black except for his cell phone.

"And just fucking fantastic. Now what the hell am I going to do?"

Getting up off the bed, he went over to the window and yanked the curtains all the way to the side to let in as much starlight as possible. What leaked in instead was the sickly green light of the singularity which did little to actually illuminate anything. He gave a contemptuous kick to the A/C unit beneath the window.

"Well fuck me sideways...that's not going to help. I wonder if this place has a generator?"

He was about to go find out when a moving light caught his eye. It was the same green as the singularity and he probably wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for the fact that it was moving. He followed the comet until he couldn't see it anymore. Honestly, he had no clue where it had gone but logic dictated that it must've come from the singularity and that to progress in this insane quest, he would have to investigate.

"Every fucking time. I know I shouldn't go because there is going to be someone or something there that I'm going to have to kill because whatever it is is destroying the town or threatening people. Because that's the way these things work," he sighed.

He stretched out a bit and cracked both his neck and a few vertebrae before the weird feeling of shifting came over him. It was cold, not frigid, but like he had just jumped into a vat of well-refrigerated jello. Shivering involuntary, he looked down at his legs to find they had become a wispy trail. The first time had scared him. The second... had also scared him. The third, not so much. Or the fourth. By the fifth he had it. It was still a bit disconcerting to see it because he still felt like he had legs. It made flying/floating a lot easier - he didn't feel as he was standing around doing nothing.

Phasing through the wall was easy; he had gotten that the first time he tried- just go through. Making himself solid was...difficult. But entertaining. Switching between the two - terrifying. Sometimes he landed on the bed. Sometimes he fell a few stories before he stopped paniking and floated. All was good now though. He made his way towards the comet's impact lazily but determinedly. Surely he wasn't the only one here to save the day - there were always others. What self-respecting world-saving party didn't have at least four members?

Jason shrugged, "I guess" He exchanged an awkward glance from Jake, followed by silence. "I'm gonna go check on our ghost hinter friend." He stood, and made his way toward the exit. Before he went through the doorway, he gave Jake a grin, and left.

Jake watched him go, and sighed. What were those feelings? He's never had them before. They were... weird, but inviting. Made him want more.

Jake sat there, looking at the dirt on the groud, several conflicting thoughts running through his head. Things were just going haywire for him, and sometimes it wasn't bad (99% of the time it was though). He tried to concentrate on what he wanted, and how to get to that point. After a minute or two of serious focus, he came up with three things.

One: Figure out what happened to him, why it happened, and how to fix it.

Two: Figure out who the hell that ghost lady was, and why she wanted their new friend dead.

Three: See what he can learn about the ghost portal, and figure out how to close it. It was destroying their town.

Satisfied with this list of objectives, he smiled. "Good thinking leads to good things!" he paused, "Usually!" and then his smile faded into that of the depressed one, "Ah... shit. This is never going to work." He flopped on his back and covered his face back up with his hands, releasing a long groan of frustration. He was a mess.

Jason turned around and went back into the room Jake was in, "Come to think of it... There isn't much to do, is there?" He noticed Jake was lying on the floor, "Hey, um... Dude... You ok?" Jason looked confused, "Why are you laying down? Are you high? Can I have some?" Jason squinted, "This a ghost thing?"

He spoke with muffled words, but it was audible. "No.. Im not high. Just worried. Tired. Kind of freaking out." He sighed and removed his hands, looking up at Jason. "You know, the usual." He didn't move from the spot because he was sort of feeling.. like a snail or something.

Jason plopped down on the floor and sat next to Jakes head. "You'd think that in the middle of a Ghost Apocalypse there would be ghosts lingering around the town... You know.. Aside from the crazy painter lady." Jason stared off into the distance.

Jake wiggled his body so that his head rested on Jason's lap. "There probably are, we just haven't seen them yet." He felt a shiver go down his spine, sending goose bumps along his arms. "I don't really want to think about that, though. Not.. not good."

Jason thunked Jakes head with this fingers, "Fair enough." he lay his head back against the wall.

Jake grabbed Jasons hand and played with his fingers. Out of nowhere he asked, "Do you think we're all going to die?" It was a particularly dark question, but he needed to know what the other thought.

Jason chuckled and clenched his fist, "Stop that! It tickles!" He smiled, "No, I think we'll be fine. We've lasted this long, after all."

He smiled at the comfort. "Yeah... thanks. I think I'm just overreacting." He tried to pry his fist open and didn't get anywhere with it, so he sat up and leaned on Jason. "Hopefully things will get better."

"I think they should, I wonder what that hunter dude is doing..." Jason said.

Jake had something weird cross his mind, and that weird thought made him look at Jason. Really look. He studied his friend, thinking about their childhood.

Jason, after several minutes of obliviousness, noticed that Jake was looking at him. "What's wrong...?" He raised a hand to his mouth, "Is there something in my teeth?"

Status
Not open for further replies.