Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nope. Dangerous.
Why, exactly, do you think it's too dangerous? I agree that it might be, but it also provides benefits that I feel outweigh the risks.
It would help us out immensely, especially with trying to narrow down the jester's identity and the mafia's attack pattern.
Plus, it's a way to offer proof that you are who you say you are.

Well, I guess it is time for my reads to do
@Kiilgore: Strong town read. Broke down town and roles that were possible.
@Starlighter: Strong town read. They have done nothing to prove otherwise.
@Dipper and @djinnamon: Mafia, Jester or detective. This applies to both of them. I am strongly leading toward Mafia/ jester for Dipper due to their claim as doctor. It was the same role a mafia claimed last round before hand. Also,Dipper's unwillingness to share anything is raising all my red flags, specifically their lack of sharing their doctor saves.. Djinnamon is too quiet, but as the others pointed out, I put them in a same boat as Dipper for now.
@Joan: Strong town read. Despite hopping on the bandwagon, I trust their judgments. Also, to answer your question, I am afraid for my life- hence not holding a strong stance for anything is my safest bet sadly. I am attempting to live through the whole game.
@Lost-and-Bewildered: Unclear. I want to say town, but I can't get a read due to their lack of posting.
For the record, as others have mentioned here, I half-started that bandwagon. Starlighter was the one who specifically suggested lynching Luster as opposed to Dittles, but I originally suggested lynching one of them in the first place. ^^'

• Thank You
Reactions: Starlighter
Okedokey, my reads so far:

@Joan - Town. Her style is pretty much the same as the little of it that we got to see last game, which basically boils down to really helpful and no obvious indications of deception.
@Kiilgore - Leaning toward town, but uncertain I haven't seen any really bright red flags, and contributions have been useful and concise. However, from my perspective of having worked together as mafia last game, their style seems a little too similar for all suspicion to be gone. Perhaps more so than the rest of you, I'm well aware of just how clever Kiilgore is, so while I want to say town, I'm also not about to underestimate the possibility that we're being played.
@djinnamon Uncertain, mostly null All I'm getting is an obvious indication of being preoccupied IRL, so to me that means they could be anything and just too distracted to do anything about it.
@Lost-and-Bewildered Slight town So far nothing is sticking out to me as overtly scummy. The whole bandwagon thing was never suspicious to me because I understood their reasoning, and it was something I could see myself doing under the same circumstances.
@Dipper Jester, Mafia Everything about Dipper this game has just been bizarre. I don't believe for a second that he's the doctor; it was just a little too out of the blue, and his lack of producing a list of heals is rather suspicious - why do something as dangerous as call doc, then say that revealing your heals is too dangerous? There's nothing dangerous about that at all, not if it can help lead us to the mafia and confirm his reliability. I'm currently leaning significantly more towards mafia, I think. Everything that went on with Luster seems geared in the direction of keeping us from lynching him, all the weirdness and confusion just enough to make us too scared to lynch him.

So essentially for right now, my suspicions lie with Dipper though I would rather not lynch him just in case. If he is Jester, that would be very bad. So.... @Dipper, I'm going to repeat Joan's request that you tell us who you have healed each night if you are indeed the Doctor.

• Love
Reactions: Joan
@LuckycoolHawk9 Slight town due to the similarity of how they played last game, mostly. Plus I can see the plausibility of their reasoning and more apprehensive style. It's not one that I personally agree with, but I can see why it appeals and it doesn't stand out as overtly suspicious to me.

If we could get our mayor to speak up, provided they're still alive, that'd be great.
tbf, sharing who you healed could help the mayor be more confident in revealing.
Plus. You already claimed. If at all, not sharing would be more dangerous, as if you get targeted by the mafia, and the kill ends up being successful, then we wouldn't know who you protected on the no-kill nights so we can have some sort of confidence in them being town. (Not absolute confidence because of jest, but still some at least.)

Saying that you have no opinion on the others is a little bit concerning too.

tbf, sharing who you healed could help the mayor be more confident in revealing.
Plus. You already claimed. If at all, not sharing would be more dangerous, as if you get targeted by the mafia, and the kill ends up being successful, then we wouldn't know who you protected on the no-kill nights so we can have some sort of confidence in them being town. (Not absolute confidence because of jest, but still some at least.)

Saying that you have no opinion on the others is a little bit concerning too.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this.

@Dipper IF you are who you say you are, the only risk you'd run by revealing heals at this point is to help our remaining mafia locate the jester, and we only have one mafia left, so...I think the benefits of revealing heals far outweigh the slight risk you run, wouldn't you say?

That being said, sure, it's dangerous if you aren't who you say you are. It could potentially destroy the illusion. However, calling doc and then refusing to share your heals is even more dangerous, as it gets everybody incredibly suspicious of you.

What I'm trying to say is, any way you spin it, calling doc without having a list of heals ready is far more dangerous than *** calling doc and presenting a list of heals.

***Hit reply early whoops ^^'

Yeah, I definitely agree with this.

@Dipper IF you are who you say you are, the only risk you'd run by revealing heals at this point is to help our remaining mafia locate the jester, and we only have one mafia left, so...I think the benefits of revealing heals far outweigh the slight risk you run, wouldn't you say?

That being said, sure, it's dangerous if you aren't who you say you are. It could potentially destroy the illusion. However, calling doc and then refusing to share your heals is even more dangerous, as it gets everybody incredibly suspicious of you.

What I'm trying to say is, any way you spin it, calling doc without having a list of heals ready is far more dangerous than *** calling doc and presenting a list of heals.

***Hit reply early whoops ^^'
Also, when people are asking you to act and you're posting in other forums but not this one for a large length of time, it's incredibly suspicious. Just FYI.

What's the point of healing outside of yourself if you're not sure who anyone is?

May be sparse with replies.

What's the point of healing outside of yourself if you're not sure who anyone is?

May be sparse with replies.

Are you really saying you only used self-heals?

Also, to add more onto @Joan question, did you do that for all four nights?

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I was under the impression that the doc had a limited number of self heals.... like, 1 or 2.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I was under the impression that the doc had a limited number of self heals.... like, 1 or 2.
There is a reason I phrased the question as I did. I have to double check, but I am pretty sure it is limited, which is why I asked the way I did. But yeah, if it is limited to 2, what nights did you use it?

Second/last night.

So, you did not heal yourself n1? @Dipper.

If that information is indeed true, then that means Mafia attacked jester n1 or the mafia was inactive.

Not really much for me to say.

Well, fuck this, I'm done holding my temper in since Dipper's given us the closest to a heal list he's ever going to.

Dipper isn't the doctor, I am. I healed Lost, then Star, then myself, then Star again. The first two were fairly random, but the last two were because I was worried about a repeat of previous Mafia patterns, especially after Luster was lynched.

If you want proof, I can provide it through my speech patterns throughout this game. Otherwise, I just have one thing left to say: Dipper is almost certainly either Jester or Mafia, and we need to figure out which he is.

To be fair, anyone could lay claim to a role. How do we know you're not the one lying? There's no proof here.

To be fair, anyone could lay claim to a role. How do we know you're not the one lying? There's no proof here.

Do you want me to give proof? I've been putting clues in my speech ever since we started this round, and I'll gladly pull them out if everybody needs proof. However, I'm honestly quite pissed at you right now, and you're not the one I have to prove myself to, so I'm only going to pull proof out if another person asks.

Hmmm.... this is an interesting development. Which means- at the end of the day, we are three suspects. If @Dipper is telling the truth, then @Joan or @djinnamon could be jester or mafia. If @Dipper is lying, then that narrows down our possibility to @Dipper and @Djinamon for the jester and mafia role. That being said, I believe Joan and think that one of the other two is the mafia and jester. Now, the problem is figuring out which and which.

Also, I would love their proof @Joan.

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
Whoa, pissed? Why? We're playing a game. That's nothing to get personally pissed at me over.

Has @djinnamon been on recently?