Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
To be fair, I thought I'd die upon reveal.

That's fair enough, and you might well have, since our mafia were using a clearly discernible strategy of killing the players who spoke up and strategized or could be otherwise deemed valuable. However, our mafia so far don't have a strategy that we've been able to figure out, which could mean a) they don't have one, b) they do but we're not recognizing it because they're being deliberately deceptive or are just seeing something we aren't.

@Kiilgore Would you mind telling us what you're reading off of everybody now?

@djinnamon We have yet to hear from you this day, any thoughts?

Not deception. Probably just quiet.

@Kiilgore Would you mind telling us what you're reading off of everybody now?

Sure

Don't have any read on djinn... Because of the obvious. Personally.... I won't count that itself against him/her too much, given that (s)he claimed tests earlier, and that such. (Plus, if djinn has any AP classes... Well, for me review has started on those so if review is intense... Yeah.)
Now, if djinn was active/online durring the votes then yeah, that is a little bit suspicious. But iwaku can be iffy with alerts.

Verdict: null read

Lost and bewildered... I feel conflicted on.

Recall what he said. Basically, joining the bandwagon. To me it felt like he was jumping on the luster bandwagon because it was a bandwagon. Feels a bit scummy to me with that. Yet, the bandwagon was on a mafia which unless djinn came and voted for luster too, I think would have prevented the Lynch. (Assuming no mayor reveal)

Verdict: lightly confused.

Dipper I feel conflicted on too.
So. There was the calling out of luster, that seemed so out of nowhere that it seemed like it could be a jester guess or a potential bus.
Something he said recently to me implies some sort of pr, yet could be some sorta bait to get suspicions towards or away from him, depending on his goal.
Another thing to consider is what luster said, calling dipper the juster. This could either be something luster said as a last minute attempt to save himself, or be trying to deter us from voting him in future day phases.

Verdict: conflicted. Very.

Luckycoolhawk: I feel like he can be trusted. A bit cautious yes, same with me though, and given game 1, understandable. (Heck, if it wasn't for the day phase extension then, the maf likely would have swept town, in part thanks to the reckless voting.)
Verdict: slight town
Joan and star: strongest town reads. Great thinking through. Having reasons to go through with the vote too.
Verdicts: town reads.

TLDR:
Djinn: null read
Lost: ???
Dipper: ???????????????????
Luckycoolhawk, Joan, star: town reads.

At I ask the same thing of everyone else? (So basically everyone's reads on everyone else.)
@Dipper @Joan @Starlighter @Lost-and-Bewildered @LuckycoolHawk9 @djinnamon

Well, mine aren't going to be as detailed as yours since I just woke up, but here are my basic reads.

Dipper--I believe he is probably detective, with a secondary possibility of jester. Mainly because he was right about Luster and Dittles and because he had a read on Dittles the night after I asked if the detective could read Dittles. His speech has been confusing enough that I'm willing to consider the possibility of jester, however.

djinnamon--Possible mafia or detective. I don't have much to go off here other than the one time they've given their opinion so far, they simply said they suspected Luster. They could have just been bandwagoning, but it is something to consider.

Starlighter--Heavy, heavy town read. She has acted trustworthy all throughout this round, basically.

LuckycoolHawk9--Not entirely sure, but I don't quite trust him. His reasons for being conflicted are reasonable enough, I suppose, but he keeps proposing things only to pull back almost immediately.

Kiilgore--Not sure, leaning town though. I haven't seen enough from you to get a proper read, which could be a red flag in itself. Though, you have been playing much differently than you did last round, which might be good.

Lost-and-Bewildered--He seems reasonable and trustworthy enough. He hasn't been on much, but when he has, he's been pretty reasonable.

• Useful
Reactions: Lost-and-Bewildered
Damn, I'm being weird again, aren't I? Roll coll or nah?

No reads for me, otherwise.

Just a reminder to EVERYONE that I'd prefer you guys not to edit your messages. I've let it slide so far with people saying they were ninja-ed since I know people are just wanting to briefly explain why they made the same point as someone else without double posting, plus I can look at the post history to check that this is all that was edited in. However, so that communication is fair and clear, please do not edit your messages so that the original meaning is changed: I want everyone to be able to see everything anyone has ever said in this thread. Double posts would be preferred to editing your original message- I am completely okay with double posts if you need to add something to what you just posted for whatever reason. I'm not going to formally penalise people for editing their posts just to say they were ninja-ed or similar small things like that since I don't think it's worth it, but I'll be silently tutting at you from the corner.

• Useful
Reactions: Kiilgore and Joan
Damn, I'm being weird again, aren't I? Roll coll or nah?

No reads for me, otherwise.

Yeah, you're being a wee bit weird and cryptic ^^' And the only people we'd need to check on if we had a roll call are @Lost-and-Bewildered and @djinnamon, since they've been the least active out of all of us. It would still be good to see what they're up to, though.

Yeah, you're being a wee bit weird and cryptic ^^' And the only people we'd need to check on if we had a roll call are @Lost-and-Bewildered and @djinnamon, since they've been the least active out of all of us. It would still be good to see what they're up to, though.
Sorry. I tend to fall into weird-and-cryptic when I'm not sure what else to do. Not trying to be strange.

For now, all I can say is, with 100% certainty, that I am not detective. I'm doctor. I've been trying to lay low for some time via acting somewhat normal, but if this is what I need to do, so be it. Leave me be and I'll keep us going for as long as I can.

Sorry. I tend to fall into weird-and-cryptic when I'm not sure what else to do. Not trying to be strange.

For now, all I can say is, with 100% certainty, that I am not detective. I'm doctor. I've been trying to lay low for some time via acting somewhat normal, but if this is what I need to do, so be it. Leave me be and I'll keep us going for as long as I can.

That is not what I expected...Who did you heal each night, if I may ask?

Hey guys, in response to the role call I have no role, I'm just a harmless townie, that's why I've kept to the periphery- because I have no way to gather information on other players other than by looking at the relationships between other players and all of your posts. As for my read on people, I can only give you my opinion:

Joan: Definitely a town role, they have provided detailed analysis of current events as the game progresses and was the one who suggested the experimental lynch to determine Dipper's faction, which ended up removing one of the mafia from the game. Seems trustworthy.

Dipper: Although they've been a little cryptic, they've made some excellent judgement thus far so I see little reason to doubt them when they claim their role as doctor. A list of who they've healed during each night would be useful just to check though.

Kiilgore: A little resentful for being called 'scummy' for 'joining the bandwagon' when I've already explained that supported the lynching so that we could finally narrow down the suspects and get a more accurate read on Dipper and (I think) overreacting to my use of emotes by viewing them as me 'trying to get into your heads to make you trust me'. They seem very straightforward and forthcoming, which I can respect, and makes me lean towards the idea they are honest. That said... @Kiilgore you've been hostile towards me from the start, is this due to personal bias or do you have anything you'd like to ask me? Could easily be town or mafia.

LuckycoolHawk9: Not particularly active as far as I've seen, although I'm hardly one to talk. Makes reasonable statements (and the confusion over Dittles' emotes made me chuckle), I have little reason to be suspicious.

Djinnamon: I've seen roughly...three posts. All very short indeed. Perhaps they are mafia trying to slip under the radar, or they could also be town without a role like me, which explains some of their absence if they can't perform any actions and hence not contribute as much as some of the other players to the discussion.

Starlighter: Essentially the same as Joan, although they have not provided as many solutions to the problems town have faced in comparison. Still very detailed responses and most likely trustworthy.

That's all I've got folks, hope it helps!

That was... easy. I'm uncertain if that information ought to be divulged.

What do you mean? If you're insinuating that I've made a mistake by being so open then I'll remind you I've got nothing to hide, as part of the innocent faction. Clarification please?

What do you mean? If you're insinuating that I've made a mistake by being so open then I'll remind you I've got nothing to hide, as part of the innocent faction. Clarification please?
Nothing, don't worry about it. Good to know you're not Jester, though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lost-and-Bewildered

Do you mean who you healed? It would help us out immensely, especially with trying to narrow down the jester's identity and the mafia's attack pattern.

A little resentful for being called 'scummy' for 'joining the bandwagon' when I've already explained that supported the lynching so that we could finally narrow down the suspects and get a more accurate read on Dipper and (I think) overreacting to my use of emotes by viewing them as me 'trying to get into your heads to make you trust me'. They seem very straightforward and forthcoming, which I can respect, and makes me lean towards the idea they are honest. That said... @Kiilgore you've been hostile towards me from the start, is this due to personal bias or do you have anything you'd like to ask me? Could easily be town or mafia.

My apologies.
The way you phrased your willingness to be on the bandwagon made it seem like to me that you were willing to be on it because of it being a bandwagon. I

Plus, the emotes never know.
Other areas of the site, yeah they're fine. But in a game where you are trying to deceive people. (Essentially mafia at it's core) it may be a little different. Never know what may be used, ya know.

And no, no personal bias. Just mainly a concern and misreading.

No reads for me, otherwise

Soo... You don't have any opinions on anybody? Or just not sharing them? The more opinions/info we have, the easier it is to find scum.

No opinions.

If we could get our mayor to speak up, provided they're still alive, that'd be great.

Well, I guess it is time for my reads to do
@Kiilgore: Strong town read. Broke down town and roles that were possible.
@Starlighter: Strong town read. They have done nothing to prove otherwise.
@Dipper and @djinnamon: Mafia, Jester or detective. This applies to both of them. I am strongly leading toward Mafia/ jester for Dipper due to their claim as doctor. It was the same role a mafia claimed last round before hand. Also,Dipper's unwillingness to share anything is raising all my red flags, specifically their lack of sharing their doctor saves.. Djinnamon is too quiet, but as the others pointed out, I put them in a same boat as Dipper for now.
@Joan: Strong town read. Despite hopping on the bandwagon, I trust their judgments. Also, to answer your question, I am afraid for my life- hence not holding a strong stance for anything is my safest bet sadly. I am attempting to live through the whole game.
@Lost-and-Bewildered: Unclear. I want to say town, but I can't get a read due to their lack of posting.

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan