Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

@Luster, I don't know that he might have meant you were suspicious. But, more by the fact it seems you haven't been very active? (Correct me, if I'm wrong) He was going to abstain but, others seemed like they'd rather vote.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just got off of Spring Break @Dittles, so I have been on a bit less as I get back into the swing of classes.

@Luster, yeah. I find that understandable. ^^

As requested by @Starlighter the voting phase has been extended to Saturday 7:30pm (GMT). I'll extend it further if discussion is still going on at that time.

If you wish to vote against someone to vote them up, please make it completely unambiguous. I haven't counted any votes so far because I think it's all been discussion on who you want to vote thus far.

• Thank You
Reactions: Starlighter
@Daz, sounds good! ^^

I still have no clue why I am suspicious and why @Dipper seems so hellbent on getting me lynched. All they say is that @Dittles is fine, but there's no actual reasoning. If anything a baseless accusation and shoddy defense are way more suspicious than anything I've done. While I am not necessarily saying Dipper is mafia, there has to be something going on here.
I agree, the both of them seem to be acting very oddly. As @Joan said, if @Dipper is the detective then that would explain it, which is why I'm in favour of lynching you as a way of finding out. In the event that I'm wrong, then you have my apologies.

@Kiilgore another possibility is that they have the same dynamic as Solaresque and Tragedy - they simply trusted each other enough to buddy up, so if Dipper is the detective and knows Dittles is innocent, then he has a good reason to defend her. I'm not convinced that's the case by any means, I just think it's a fair point to mention. Their dynamic is still really questionable, and I'd like to see what Dipper has to say about it.

Reactions: Joan
@Kiilgore another possibility is that they have the same dynamic as Solaresque and Tragedy - they simply trusted each other enough to buddy up, so if Dipper is the detective and knows Dittles is innocent, then he has a good reason to defend her. I'm not convinced that's the case by any means, I just think it's a fair point to mention. Their dynamic is still really questionable, and I'd like to see what Dipper has to say about it.
True. That very well could be the case.
However, I was drawing the comparison closer to ours since they had some friction initially, whereas dittles and dipper don't at all. Yes it is early... But still makes you think.

Another thing. Assuming that Luster is mafia, There's no guarantee that dipper and luster aren't a team and Dipper decided to bus Luster, to gain trust.
But then Dittles would have had to misread Dipper or is the jester, given how hard she is defending him and is that certain of his innocence.

True. That very well could be the case.
However, I was drawing the comparison closer to ours since they had some friction initially, whereas dittles and dipper don't at all. Yes it is early... But still makes you think.

Another thing. Assuming that Luster is mafia, There's no guarantee that dipper and luster aren't a team and Dipper decided to bus Luster, to gain trust.
But then Dittles would have had to misread Dipper or is the jester, given how hard she is defending him and is that certain of his innocence.
Pretty good points. I'm not convinced yet either way though, like you say it's too early to be sure, just far enough in to bear in mind.

That's a possibility, but I'm not sure how likely it is. It's possible Dittles just misread Dipper (Solaresque trusted you and me the most out of everyone for a while last game, after all) and that he's throwing Luster under the bus, but I feel like it's a bit too early for a move like that. Unless he was slowly building up to it with the 'I'll go after Luster next round' whatnot.

You guys are right. It's early. But I can wait for next round, if you guys are hesitant.

There are still a lot of unknowns, but I personally think we have enough to make a move. Lynching Luster now will give us a better read on you for next round rather than dilly dallying to see who dies tonight.

There are still a lot of unknowns, but I personally think we have enough to make a move. Lynching Luster now will give us a better read on you for next round rather than dilly dallying to see who dies tonight.
So you're going to lynch an innocent and give a full team of mafia an upper hand? That's doing their job for them.

So you're going to lynch an innocent and give a full team of mafia an upper hand? That's doing their job for them.
If you are innocent, then in a way, yes. But not really. If it gives us a lead to tracking them down, then it's worthwhile. At least to me any way. I'm sorry that I can't think of a better option, but we can't just sit around twiddling our thumbs, either. Edit: If you can give me a course of action that isn't sitting around doing nothing that provides equal information, then by all means please do. If you can prove your innocence and give us a better plan, then the last thing I want to do is lynch you. Otherwise, I'm unfortunately quite sure it's our best option. I feel kind of terrible saying it, but that's how I feel.

If you are innocent, then in a way, yes. But not really. If it gives us a lead to tracking them down, then it's worthwhile. At least to me any way. I'm sorry that I can't think of a better option, but we can't just sit around twiddling our thumbs, either. Edit: If you can give me a course of action that isn't sitting around doing nothing that provides equal information, then by all means please do. If you can prove your innocence and give us a better plan, then the last thing I want to do is lynch you. Otherwise, I'm unfortunately quite sure it's our best option. I feel kind of terrible saying it, but that's how I feel.
I think lynching @Dipper could be a possibility. It would probably not be a popular option, but here it is. They are the one with conviction but no answers. Obviously at this point, there's three options: maf, jester, detective. I doubt he's detective, because I wouldn't be an actual possibility.

If they're maf and then, @Dittles would be a potential jester. They do not want to pursue that possibility, considering, it looks suspicious if they hammer down on Dittles but do not actually vote guilty. No one died n1, and there was the possibility that the jester was attacked. This would give Dipper that certainty. Going for a townie gives the safety of not lynching a jester + an additional night of killing and confusing.

Alternatively, they could be the jester, and then, randomly pick someone to target- as if they were detective. I would turn out to be town, and then, they would be lynched.

Lynching Dipper would give just as much information as lynching me without the sacrifice of an innocent.

• Useful
I must say, I'm very impressed with your arguments. Well done. But.... hrm. I'm sorry to say it, but I still think that lynching you is our better option. While you make some good points, the argument as a whole seems very confined to the parameters of my challenge - you weren't offering any of these ideas before like I would expect an innocent to, and they're all aimed at the person accusing you. Which makes it look like all you want is to discredit or get rid of Dipper and cover your tracks.

Your comment 'I doubt he's detective because I wouldn't be an actual possibility' is also kinda fishy to me, because you're essentially saying that we should take your word as confirmation of your innocence. Anyone can claim to be innocent all day long, and the mafia will certainly be doing their utmost to make us believe that they are. So I'm sorry, but I'm not about to take a statement like that seriously XD

Despite my reluctance to have faith in our detective, I'm not keen on taking the chance of lynching them. The main problem I have with lynching Dipper is that if we're wrong and he's the detective, we shoot ourselves in the foot. By lynching you, we get valuable insights without risking that loss. The potential that you are innocent is unfortunate, but losing innocents is a fact of the game, and I'd rather do it in a way that helps, if that makes sense.

• Useful
I like to point something out @Starlighter. That argument also works as a good jester strategy. Let's assume something here. Let's assume that the mafia ( whoever they may be) found the jester n1. Now as a knowing mafia, you wanted that jester hung. Why? Because that insures no matter what two less votes can be attributed to that next round ( three if the jester is voting) That means three less people to hang the two mafia we need to find. So, I personally don't think we should hang @Luster for the fact that there argument is very shaky. A jester wouldn't defend themselves and most mafia ( even new one) would have a better defense.

• Useful
That's is assuming you're innocent, @Luster . How can anyone believe you without a claimed role? And, as Starlighter pointed out, your argument seems awful fishy.

Reactions: Starlighter
I like to point something out @Starlighter. That argument also works as a good jester strategy. Let's assume something here. Let's assume that the mafia ( whoever they may be) found the jester n1. Now as a knowing mafia, you wanted that jester hung. Why? Because that insures no matter what two less votes can be attributed to that next round ( three if the jester is voting) That means three less people to hang the two mafia we need to find. So, I personally don't think we should hang @Luster for the fact that there argument is very shaky. A jester wouldn't defend themselves and most mafia ( even new one) would have a better defense.
That's just it, though. While Luster's defense doesn't convince me, it's too good for the Jester to pull, and I think it's good enough for a mafia to try to pull.

That's just it, though. While Luster's defense doesn't convince me, it's too good for the Jester to pull, and I think it's good enough for a mafia to try to pull.
*shrugs* Okay. I personally still don't think we should hang anyone. The last thing we want is to lose a good chunk of the innocents like last game.

So, I am still abstaining. ( I am not willing to be wrong and accidently be a part of hanging the jester or the detective or another town role. ) Also, I really hope our Mayor is still alive and was not @IntrusivePenDesperateSword

Reactions: Dittles
Extending the voting phase until Sunday 7:30pm (GMT) as discussion appears active still.

I'm assuming everyone has said their piece.