From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other two had moved off inside the makeshift shelter and had begun talking amongst themselves. Jake prodded at the fire and helped bring it back up. A rustling in the bushes attracted his attention.

Shadow flicked her head back towards where the rustle was. "Jakob... What was that?" I ask cautiously. I quietly stand up and move towards him

Shadow emerged from the forest. Causing Jake to realize he had forgotten all about the girl.
Shit! How could I be so stupid? He thought to himself. He looked at the girl before glancing back at the bushes. "I'm not sure, you might want to conjure a sword just in case." Jake unfurled his wings in case they needed to make a quick escape.

She held back a smile as the majestic wings unfolded. Feeling slightly jealous she replied, "Do you need to? It might not be -"

Last edited by a moderator:
creature-art-scary-creepy-concept.jpeg
A large creature emerged from the bushes And charged at Jake. "Shadow! A weapon! Protect yourself damnit! Or you'll die!" Jake quickly evaded the creature, distracting it as Shadow worked her magic.

Her eyes blazed golden, glistening like stars as beautiful, extremely sharp sword was conjured in her hands as she went into her battle mode. Carvings were marked all over the sword, and the ancient marks somehow started seeping onto her arms. She held it two handed, her heart and breath slowing down. She stepped forward and jumped over the creature, carving a gash into the side of it. "Take Sylvia and run!" she yelled at Jakob

The creature was still growling loudly as it chased him around, Shadow screamed something at him, but he couldn't hear her over the growls and snarls. A the creature looped back around to him, the petite female sliced the blade into the creature's side, this turned its attention to her. He thought quickly and slammed his wings together with such force, that the wind currents flung the monster a foot away from Shadow, almost impaling her on it's sharp beaklike mouth.

Shadow leaped to the side and then with her attempted to chop the monsters head off. She swiftly and gracefully moved forward sliced... But her sword hacked into its thick neck and was stuck. It squirmed around shrieking as she tried to pull out the sword but it was caught in there by the flesh, now oozing a dark brown blood. The creature reared up and knocked her to the ground, cutting a deep gash into her cheek. The creature ran forward as she lost her energy, the sword deteriorating slowly, only streaks of metal left.

Jake, seeing this, acted quickly. Using all the strength he could muster, he grabbed the creature and pulled it into the air, his wings flapping with full force. After he felt he was high enough, he dropped the creature to the ground head first. There was a crack and a loud thump as it landed before Shadow. Jake quickly swooped down to assist her. He unwrapped the cloth from around her head and quickly washed it in the river before reapplying it to her cheek, wrapping it around her head so it would stay over the wound.

"Is it dead?" She asked weakly. She sure had been getting a lot of wounds recently. Turning her head she saw the spine spiking out of the creature, dark blood oozing in a pool. She turned away. "What was that?" She asked in a puffed voice

"I don't know, I've never seen anything like it." Jake stood and examined the creature's corpse before smiling at the girl. "While I do have a problem with bloody work, those spikes in it's body would be valuablebfor tools. Even it's bones would be helpful. I wonder if the meat is eatable." he helped thr girl to her feet.

Dazy she stumbled towards the canopy. "Maybe other animals could try the meat, if there are normal ones". She sat down and stared at the ash in the fireplace. "Would there be time to collect firewood before dark?" She brushed away the some of the ash and added the extra of last nights firewood. Another day had almost passed. She looked back at Jakob for his response

Jake nodded "I think so, theres plenty of dry sticks and stuff around here." He began walking into the forest and collecting moreburning material.

After setting up the fire, they all sat down and chatted away, eating the last of the fish, until finally Shadow dozed off into another night.

Jake followed closely behind her. He hadn't yet rested properly since he used up so much energy.
"Goodnight everyone." He mumbled sleepily as he laid down to sleep.

Geoff, who had sitting nearby walked to the creature and sat. "You fought well, beast...It's a shame you had to die..." He rubbed its head, knowing full well it was dead, but he felt sorry for it nonetheless. His face was full of sadness as he did, and the bear, now called Zam, nuzzled against Geoff. "Huh...I suppose I could've saved it..." He grabbed a small spike and broke it off, and began to create a knife with it.

Shadow woke up yet again. Could she not sleep untroubled? She saw another person! There with a ferocious bear! She cautiously asked "Who are you?"

Sylvia watched the whole fight with a growing sense of dread -- but it all slipped away and was replaced by calmness as they managed to kill the beast. Smiling and going out to the fire with the others, she congratulated them on a great kill, and she joked it up with them until both of them decided it was time to turn in for the night. Now fully dark, her eyes were like pinpoints of light when they reflected the moon's rays. Seeing Shadow awaken, she spoke softly as to not wake Jakob as well, Shadow -- this is Geoff, and his power is of taming animals. Just like yours is materializing things you need, and mine is Illusion. I think he knows full well what Jakob's power is. She looked at the ground, remembering the fight and the injuries acquired, and excused herself.

Walking away from the light of the fire and into the darkness, she shivered at the cold. But they must not hear this. Sitting at the base of a tree, she closed her eyes again and checked under the cover of numbness she had placed over her lungs and stifled a yell as the throbbing waves of pain washed over her. Feeling her body, of course with the numbness again, she discovered that her sternum had a crack in the middle -- she marveled at how the pain didn't reach her even then -- and that bruises were all along her back and chest. She just sat there like that, the energy that was wasted from keeping the numbness there a total drain of energy, and she realized that she would need to get back to camp soon, but her injuries were weighing her down and the lack of energy was making her body cry out for rest. Eventually, she fell asleep leaning against the tree, shivering in the cold and causing her to sweat feverishly.

He nodded to Shadow and pocketed the newly made knife. "Pleasure to meet you. Don't be afraid of Zam." He patted the large bear on its head. "He won't attack unless I tell him to." He looked at the fire and went quiet. "You guys have been fishing from the river too much...My pond is emptying out." He looked back up to Shadow, and watching Sylvia walk off.

"Nice to meet you Geoff. We'll try not to fish more in the river but what else can we eat?" Shadow said, relaxed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.