From Scratch

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, when your friends or whatever get back with some herbs, I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, why don't I get you some food? I'm sure I can find some berries and edible mushrooms..."

Shadow playfully made her way back with the once frightening bear, puffed up and nearly reaching her shoulder, except Zam was quite nice. She approached the camp. "Another newbie we have here?" she asked nervously. Zam trotted back to Geoff.
"Are you ok Sylvia?" Shadow asked worried. "I con-" She stopped mid sentence turning to look at the new girl.
"Is she safe?" I whispered

Geoff smiled,as he patted Zams head. "Hopefully, he was of assistance." He hopped up onto his back and looked at them all. "I'll be going now. I've overstayed my welcome. Good luck to you all." Zam started walking out of the camp, and back towards Geoff's shack.

(Never said Gemini was a girl)

Gemini rolled zir eyes. "I'm here to help. Give me the herbs or whatever you got. And do me a favor and go get me some water. I'm going to make medicine to help Sylvia here."

Back at his camp, Geoff could finally feel safe and relaxed. He hopped off Zam. And brought him to the shack. "I'll have to expand the house to accomodate for you, won't I? First..." Geoff grabbed a large blanket from a box, made of cloth, and set it on the rock. "This'll be for you. Hopefully I cqn start on the expansion without anymore interupptions.

Shadow glared at her, annoyed by the sudden leader of them all. Reluctantly, she went into the bush and pretended to be picking herbs. Away from the group she knew Sylvia needed medicine. She not only conjured a water pack and herbs, but also bandage and antibiotics

Geoff began work at expanding and finished quickly. He brought Zam inside to his room, and made a bed. Afterwards he went outside and started spearfishing. "Eh...I hope Sylvias holding up...I don't think that group will function without her rational brain. Damn shame." Zam, meanwhile, ran around upstream with another bear.

Shadow glared at her, annoyed by the sudden leader of them all. Reluctantly, she went into the bush and pretended to be picking herbs. Away from the group she knew Sylvia needed medicine. She not only conjured a water pack and herbs, but also bandage and antibiotics

Gemini rose an eyebrow at the antibiotics. "How'd you get those?" Ze asked as ze sat down and began to mush one of the herbs with a rock

Eye contact was made with Gemini. She refused to answer, simply laying down the things at her feet and walked off again. While the bossy healer worked his/her (what gender) magic she explored the forest. Not too far away, she found a massive skeleton of a strangler fig, the enormous tree inside rotted away, with the roots tangled around, empty on the inside. Glancing up at the tree, she knew it would be a great lookout. Before she could think of the consequences, she squeezed her way through a gap in the roots, making it inside the tree. Using the holes as climbing stones, she slowly made her way up the inside of the tree. Eventually she reached the top, resting her feet in the gaps but still being very careful. It was a beautiful sight, the vast green spreading all across hills and valleys. Squinting her eyes, she made out a thin trail of smoke in the distance. More people. She reminded herself of the location and made her way down

"So what am I to do now? Walk walk walk with no one to talk to?" A voice murmured. "No, that doesn't work, Idiot. Oh, What is there to do now? Now that all have disappeared. I just walk and walk and walk, hoping not to meet someone feared. Eh, needs work, but it'll do for now." Safia sighed, tucking the worn down pencil behind her ear and snapping closed the book. "Seriously, though. I have no eraser, nor do I have a sharpener. What do I do now?"

Shadow reached the camp again at nightfall, covered in scratches from the branches. Then she realised there was no dinner. She glanced over to Sylvia who was asleep for now, although not deep, and Gemini was very busy. She trekked out and picked the strawberry bush for a small dinner for all of them. She restrained herself from not giving Gemini a meal.

(Ze/zir/zirs/zirself pronouns)

Gemini finished the medicine and rubbed it gently on Sylvia's wound. It would reduce swelling and pain. The antibiotics would do the rest. When Gemini was done, ze had Sylvia rest, and stood on zir crutches and went outside.

"Hm... Maybe I can go hunting..." Gemini said to zirself.

Sylvia ran away from Gemini when they tried to take her shirt off, to get to the wounds, but she finally let Gemini take it off. She was blushing severely as Gemini rubbed the ointment in between her breasts, where her sternum was located, and she thanked God that she had a bra on. Once Gemini was finished, Sylvia hurriedly put her shirt back on, still blushing beet red. She grabbed Gemini by the shirt and looked them in the eye, growling, This is never mentioned... got it! She pushed Gemini away, running away from the camp to stew over the way she was just treated.

Gemini rolled zir eyes at Sylvia. Ze didn't mean to be so rough when trying to treat her, but ze wasn't good with people, especially in zir situation.

Ze sat on a stump and sighed, putting zir head in zir hands. Ze was disabled- zir legs were useless... ze had superspeed, but ze considered it useless too since ze couldn't even run.

Ze got up on the crutches and walked a bit further into the forest, where ze could be alone. Ze sat at the edge of the river and skipped rocks, trying to ignore zir ever-increasing anxiety. They hate me already, I know they do..."

A strange small animal walked up to zir. It was like, a bipedal rabbit? with horns?

At first, ze backed away, surprised and scared. Was it a monster? it sure as hell wasn't a normal creature.

The creature walked up to zir, and ze backed against a tree. "Get back!" Ze held up one of the smaller spikes.

The creature didn't listen, but began rubbing against zir leg....affectionately? Was it cuddling zir, like a cat?

Against zir better judgement, ze reached out to it, offering it a strawberry ze had left over from dinner. The creature sniffed it, then ate it quickly. It then went back to nuzzling zir leg.

Gemini rose an eyebrow and reached zir hand out a bit further, and rubbed it on the head. It gave something kind of like a purr, but louder.

"So you're a friendly, huh? Hope you're not into me just for the strawberries..." Ze sighed, and looked up at the tree branches as ze petted the horned bunny thing. "I have to show them I'm not useless... that's all I was trying to do... my last group abandoned me, they called me useless. 'Yeah, you have superspeed', they said 'but what good is that to us if you cannot even run?'... I tried to show them I was useful by showing them medicines and stuff, but once they had the recipes memorized, I was no longer of any use...
"Am I useless, little creature? Does my disability really hold everyone back that far?"

Ze sighed. Suddenly, the creature jumped into zir arms, apparently frightened by something. "What is i-"

A monster appeared from behind the bushes.
monster_no__054_by_onehundred_monsters-d3d5aqg.jpg

"Oh. Shit."

"...Huh...I may have gotten used to the racket. It seems odd without noise now. Feel the same, Zam?" Zam looked up and responded with a low growl. Geoff smiled and hugged Zam, laying on top of him. "Thought so..." He was blushing again, hiding most of his face in Zam's fur. "So soft..."

Shadow leaped up hearing a growl echo through the forest. "Gemini!" she yelled running forward. Moving in front of the healer, she conjured a tough shield, the monster jumping back in surprise as her cold, golden eyes stared into it. The thing roared and leaped out at her, battering the shield attempting to throw it away. Summoning a dagger, she ducked under the shield and quickly stabbed the creature in the belly.
"Get back!" she said to Gemini

Gemini quickly put the bunny-thing under zir arm, then stood up with the crutches. Using superspeed the best ze could without tripping, ze zoomed off back to the camp. "Monster!" Ze called out to the others, sitting the bunny down in the hut. "Not this one-this one's just a sweet bunny. There's a giant-ass monster I just ran from! Hurry, one of the people y'all know is fighting it!
"I'll be there as soon as I can, I'm going to see if I can make a poison that would kill it!"

A flash of light glimmered past her, blurring of colours zooming towards the camp. The creature screeched and snarled, fangs bared. It flicked its tail around frustrated and prepared to pounce. Shadow narrowly dodged to the side, claws scraping along her back. Cringing, she drew a light sword and ran forward. She slid underneath the beast as it flipped towards her, thrusting his leg out. She grabbed another and sliced the ankle where the Achilles' tendon should be. It squealed again and collapsed, but dragged itself towards her. She dodged a swiping paw and jumped,plunging the sword deep into its dark eye. Blood oozed out and she looked away. She ran into the forest and squatted still behind a tree. Looking back, she saw the creature up and walking again, sniffing around for its prey. It came dangerously close, Shadow held her breath and did not move...

After a moment, Gemini suddenly appeared on the creature's back. In a flash, twenty small spikes were jammed into the creature's neck. Gemini was thrown off against a tree, hitting zir head. "I put a shit ton of poison in it's neck! I hope it's enough! It should paralyze it! Then we can get that one guy to tame it! We have to tame it! It would make great defense against the other monsters if we had a monster on our side!"

The creature began to charge at Gemini. Gemini covered zir face with zir arms, hoping for the best.

Thankfully, just as it almost reached zir, it lost feeling in its legs and tripped and slid, stopping right before it could reach zir.

"It worked! Quick, go get the tamer! I don't know how long the poison will keep it paralyzed!"

Stunned, Shadow ran as fast as she could to Geoff, sprinting. "Quick Geoff and Zam, we were just attackted by another creature! Gemini paralysed it, come quick!" She panted and struggled to run back to help

Status
Not open for further replies.