From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Err. Yeah, thanks." Jake looked Ayas as the twin stirred. Waking up from his sleep. After a moment, he sat bolt upright and ignoring the wound in his leg, darted for Jake.
"You bastard!" He tackled Jake and covered his mouth so he couldn't send him back to the void. Ayas began ramming his fist into Jake's gut over and over agian, reciving grunts of pain firm the pinned teen.

Sylvia saw Ayas awaken, then she held back a gasp when he started punching Jake in the gut! Narrowing her eyes, she strode over and kicked Ayas in the face, sending him tumbling away from Jakob holding his cheek. Going over and planting her foot on his back over his chest, she yelled down at him viciously,
Stay down, demon! I'm going to hold you here until you can think clearly!

"Ayas! Back to the void!" Jake screamed the monent his mouth was uncovered. Ayas struggked against the words. He had no intention on leaving until he got the message accross that he was in control. His bo dy shuttered as the demonic wings unfurled from his back as his fingertips began to dissolve, but much slower than usual due to his resistance. One if Ayas wings batted the girl away and flung her into the cabin. He stood and charged for Jake.
Jake's face twisted in anger as his eyes went fully purple, nearly glowing as he reached is fist out and a rammed into Ayas's chest, all the while screaming.
"Listen to me!" Ayas screamed in agony as his body collapsed to dust, forcefuly sent back to his realm. Jake collaped, unconscious from using so much energy.

Geoff ran to Sylvia then to Jakob. "You guys...Are seriously going to die if your group is like this. I've survived here for months alone. If this is how you are with others, someone is bound to turn." He picked up Jakob and set him on the bear. "Where's your camp or whatever, Sylvia?" He was going to take him back to rest.

Sylvia was caught off guard when Ayas' wing hit her, and she let out a yell of pain as she hit the wall of Geoff's hut with as much force as a wrecking ball. She fell to the ground, her breath knocked out of her, and tried gasping for breath while looking at the ground. She heard Jakob yell, then Ayas yell, then a muffled THUMP as Jakob hit the dirt himself. Looking up, she smiled weakly when she realized Ayas was gone. Pushing herself onto her feet, she leaned against the wall heavily, wincing every time she took a breath.

Using her powers of Illusion on herself, Sylvia forced herself to think that the pain wasn't there, and felt the numbing powers she used on others work on herself. Looking to Geoff, she smiled while saying proudly, You won't see me dying from a demon anytime soon, mister. Listening to his question, she set a grim face and gestured her head in the direction of the treeline. Follow me. With that, she began to run again, making sure that they were keeping up. But running while trying to keep your own magic on yourself doesn't work that well, and she felt the numbness lifting away and revealing the pain again, and now that she was breathing hard while running, her lungs felt as if they were being sliced into. She was forced to slow down, to keep that numbness there, and ended up just walking.

"Mm." He did indeed follow, riding in the bear with Jakob behind him. Seeing her slow down he rode and sweeped her up, and continued on. "Direct me please. It's starting to get dark out. I'd rather not be in this thick of woods when it does." As always his face was serious. He kept his gaze forward, as he didn't want to miss anything valuable.

Sylvia's eyes widened as she was lifted onto the running bear, and she looked at Geoff explain that he didn't like the forest. She pointed, over his shoulder, straight ahead. Just keep going this way, and when we see the rock walls that Jakob made, you can stop. She took her elbow off his shoulder and patted the bear's flank, expressing thanks to it through touch.

Sooner than she had thought, they had arrived at the camp with the fire's embers smoldering. She jumped down off the bear once it stopped, looking up at Geoff with a confused face. What are you talking about? It's only around noon, judging the sun's position in the sky. She looked up, seeing that it was in the middle of the day.

He shook his head. "No...It'll be darker sooner than you think. What's this big rock monument? I'm beginning to think you are intentionally attracting attention." The bear slid Jakob into some leaves. "You really should have an actually shelter."

Sylvia looked at the 'monument' closer, then hear ears swiveled towards the noise Jakob made as he slid into a pile of leaves. Turning, she admitted Well, Jake made this thing for a long time... I think it's supposed to be a shelter. Heading over to the berry bush, she talked over her shoulder to Geoff, Do you want to take some strawberries with you?

"I'm fine. But...It's so late now...I wonder if I can make it..." He looked at the way they came. His brows furrowed in contemplation. The bear came to him and nuzzled his hand, and he petted him.

Taking some berries herself, she savored the fruit as it's juice burst forth. Swallowing, her teeth were stained partially red as she stood up, smiling, her yellow eyes glowing in the encroaching darkness. Holding her hand out to give Geoff some fruit, she offered, You're welcome to stay the night...

Jake stirred. "Well, thats insulting." Jake mumbled sleepily.. He stood and staggered from exhaustion. "Stay over if you can't make it back."

"Are you sure about that? If that Ayas guy gets out, he's going to kill the bear and I'll kill him." He squinter at Jakob. He ate just one berry and turned to the wall. "This won't do much."

Jake yawned and dipped into the shelter. "He can't appear unless I summon him." Jake shrugged, wondering why this fearless man was scared of the night

Sylvia retracted her hand, her ears lowering just a bit when Geoff only took one berry. Going to Jakob, she put the rest into his hand then turned to Geoff with folded arms. You'd better hurry and make your choice, though. It's getting dark quickly, just like you said.

Jakob ate the berries gratefully, waiting for Geoffs final answer.

"Where am I?" He asked himself softly as he stood up, stretching he felt his back crack sending a wave of relief through his body. He had been chasing after a man who had been marked for execution, when everything went black. How long had he been out, he pondered as he grabbed his Tang Jian. Looking around he saw that the sky was getting dark and soon it would be night time and it would be a fools venture to try to find his way in an unknown dark wilderness..."I have to find shelter..." He said to himself softly as he walked towards a large tree nearby. His clothing would protect him from the elements but not from attacks at night...He would have to rest in the trees tell morning when the sun returned... With a sigh he strapped his Tang Jian to his back and began climbing. As he reached a v in the trees he looked around. He could see for miles in all directions but he would be hidden thanks to the dark colors of his attire. He untied his weapon from his back and sat down resting it upon his shoulder. Closing his eyes he would begin to relax and focus on his surroundings, just in case of unnatural sounds. A soft sigh escaped from his slightly parted lips. "Hopefully it will be a calm night..." He said softly aloud.

(Wow two pages in a day well done, and this is describing what I did this day)
Shadow turned her head back to the camp after convincing Sylvia to use her illusion magic and make the two temporarily forget about her while she adventured. She felt really sorry for materialising a fake parent that matched her descriptions... Which did disappear after she cast her power. Shaking off the thought she headed towards the area where she saw the flashing light. The trek was long and hard, she even needed - convinced herself that she needed a machete to cut through thick vines. She arrived to a mangrove swamp surrounding a small river. Cringing, she lifted her shoes out of the mud. She forgot they were her best shoes, now covered in scratches and a fistful of mud. Groaning she struggled to remove them. They were useless now. "I'll wash them off, I still need them," she muttered to herself. She looked to the other side. A small hill rose up dotted in the neverending forest, continuing for miles and miles, as far as she could see.
"I will never see home again..." she said weakly into the river.
"I WILL NEVER SEE MY HOME AGAIN!" yelling her frustration into the sky, her words echoing all around

She had given up after staring blankly at the river and started heading when darkness started edging away. What! Its barely been a day! She rushed back before hopefully the others could notice

Status
Not open for further replies.