From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I just made Jakob a bow. You can hunt deer, and such. But...I must ask. Did you join them voluntarily?" He walked over to sit by the fire. "It doesn't look too good for them, to be completely honest. That wall can be seen from afar, they're always noisy, and that Ayas guy...He doesn't look like he's afraid to hurt Jakob." He started shaking his head, remembering what happened earlier. He wasn't trying to get her to leave, it was just a warning. "I'd rethink it. I really would." Zam came over and laid down behind Geoff and fell asleep. Geoff leaned back and closed his eyes. "Good night, Shadow."

The thoughts ran through her head for the rest of the night. Were they trustworthy? The joining wasn't completely voluntary, she joined at first frightened by them, but the seemed pretty nice. And who was this Ayas guy? Someone trying to kill Jakob? Finally she made a desicion, she would stay with them but she would plan an escape plan to get away if she needed.

The night began to wear away, and with the sun's rising, came Jakob's. Everyone was still sleeping so, he set of into the forest. After a bit of walking, he summoned Ayas.
A bright light ensued, but instead of walking out, Ayas flopped out, writhing and whimpering in pain.
Jake leaned down, "I hate doing that to you, but you left me no choice but to force you back." He knew how this works. If Ayas was forced back into the void, he would in agony for as long as he was there.
"How's the one girl?" Ayas mumbled, still shuttering and shaking from the aftereffects of the pain.
"Seems fine, I think you crackef something, but she hasn't complained."
"Well, why am I here?" Ayas asked, the pain effects wearing off.
Jake held out the bow,
"Will you hunt for a bit?"
"And what if I just shot your friends?" Ayas took the quiver and bow.
Jake's face hardened,
Then I would force lock you in the void and never let you back out. You choosr Ayas: Listen to me or spend eternity in pain. I'm getting tired of your games." Jake had pushed Ayas against a tree and was glaring at him, which truly was frightening, because it warped is happy face.
"Well, heres a side of you i haven't seen. Fine, I'll hunt just dont expect me to be peachy with your little group. " Ayas spread his wings and took off.
Jake sighed, exasperated. He turned to head back to camp, but before he could do so, something caught his eye. Sylvia, laying against a tree and gasping, short, breaths.
Jake quickly lifted her and rushed back to camp, calling out for the others to wake up. Sylvia wasn't in good shape, she was sick and in pain.
Jake worried if she would make it through.

In the morning, they heard a cracking at the body of the animal they had killed.

There was a petite teenager snapping the largest two spikes off of the animal. "These will do, yes..." The teen whispered to themself. "Now, let's hope I can leave before I'm noticed..." They sighed and jammed the spikes into the ground, and used them to pull themself up. They turned to leave, using the spikes to support themself as their legs dangled limp from their body.

"Maybe... I should get a few more. Backups... And weapons... Shit, I'm gonna get myself seen...and heard at this rate... And at this time of morning..."

They cursed at themself for speaking to themself again. But it was a coping mechanism. Made them feel less alone, to hear a voice, even if it was just their own...

They noticed that people had camp nearby, but they didn't trust anyone.

They snapped off several of the shorter spikes, and two more of the longer ones.

The last snap was louder than they meant it to be, and they gasped and with super-speed put the smaller spikes in their makeshift bag and held two of the big ones under their arm. They used two big ones as crutches.

They quickly hid behind the nearest bush, and prayed no one or no thing would find them. Or at least, wouldn't hurt them.

Hearing Jakob, he instantyl woke up. "Do you not understand that you need to quiet down!" He rubbed his eyes and saw Sylvia. "Oh great...What happened?" He ran over to him to take a look. "Did your "friend" really hit her that hard...?" He shook his head and said, "I can't be sure...but there may be medicinal herbs nearby. But even then...I don't know how to make medicine." He looked at Sylvia once more and turned to Shadow. "Can you take Zam, and go look for some herbs? I have an idea", he said this as his gaze shifted over to the long since dead creature.

"I wasn't aware, she seemed fine yesterday." Jake frowned and set down the sleeping girl. And turned to Geoff and then watched Shadow dissapear.
Just before something burst from the bushes.
2566-450x500.jpeg

Geoff instantly put his finger to his mouth, to signal to be silent. He crept to the creature and looked him up and down. He stepped back to Jakob and whispered, "Jakob...Summon Ayas...Have him use the bow..." He kept an eye on the dead creature, as he had heard something earlier.

Ayas! We need you! Jakob reached out with his mind.
Look above you dumbass. Jake looked up and saw Ayas in the tree above. Ayas wiggled his fingers at Jake and smiled maniacally. Wanna see a trick? Ayas notched three arrows along his bow line, drew back as far as possible, and released.
All three hit the undead monster, on in the back of the neck, one in in the center of his back, and one penetrating through its kneecap.
The thing collapsed and began quickly crawling towards Jake and Geoff. Ayas leaped down from tree.
He shrugged,
"Those were my last three arrows. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't have used so many while hunting."

If They find me like this they could kill me, a thought ran through Gemini's head. Before ze could change zir mind, ze spoke out. "I-I mean no harm!" Ze called out, slowly pulling zir self up so that they could see zir.
"I-I just needed some of the spikes..."
Zir legs were kind of hidden still behind the bush, so they couldnt quite see Gemini's disability yet.
Ze gripped a smaller spike ze had grabbed, just in case they were still going to shoot zir. "I'm not going to hurt any of you unless you hurt me first, okay? I just... Needed some spikes... For Uh... Weapons and stuff..." Ze hoped they hadn't noticed zir disability still. Gemini was self conscious about it, afraid they would see zir as weak and defenseless if they knew.
Zir stomach growled, and ze sighed. "To be honest I should have taken some meat too..." Ze muttered to zirself as ze waited to see what they would do to zir.

Suddenly ze noticed the new monster, and fell backwards in surprise. "Dammit..."

By the time ze got back up, the monster was apparently already dead. "Shit... What even are those things..."

Gemini looked around, and sighed. Ze wanted to run from the people while ze could, but ze was afraid there may be other monsters around. Maybe ze WOULD be safer with people. Ze sighed and walked on the spike-crutches, nervous but more curious than anything, over to the group of people who had just killed the monster. "How many of these things are there...? How many have attacked you so far?" Ze asked the group shyly. "And Where'd you get a bow and arrows? Compared to you all, I'm a sitting duck it seems."

Last edited by a moderator:
Geoff walked to the creature, and said "I'm sorry...There was no other choice." He took out the knife he made, and cut its throat, and gurgling was heard for a bit, before it died out. "See, this is what I'm saying! That creature had no reason to die, the only reason it did was because you idiots are all so loud!" He was angry, because as of now, two creatures were killed due to their noise. "The second Shadow gets back with Zam I'm going back to my shack. I'd like if you would be quiet when you come, if you do come at all." He turned on his heels, startled by the new voices and on instinct shot paralysis dart at them.

Gemini felt a paralysis dart hit zir leg, and showed no reaction for a second. Then ze realized that it was a paralysis dart, and began to laugh. "Pretty sure my legs can't get any more paralyzed than they already are!"

"I-It'll work through your entire body in a second..." He walked to them cautiously and shoved another dart into them. An antidote. "We've only killed two...Thankfully. I made the bow and arrows. Now, who are you?"

"Thank you," Gemini said when he injected zir with the antidote before it could work through zir body. "Now, I could ask you all the same question. I'm Gemini. I have super-speed. I know, ironic, isn't it?" Ze walked over to a stump and sat. "I just needed some of the spikes for crutches. And some of the smaller ones for weapons. um, in return I could... Oh! I could show you which mushrooms and herbs out here are edible, and which are not. I also know how to make some medicines."

"Ah! Perfect. They need some medicine for the girl. Shadow and Zam are out getting herbs as we speak." He looked at the freshly dead creature solemnly. "I'm Geoff. Pleasure to meet you." He started cleaning the knife, and looked at Ayas. "Go get me some more flint, so I can make more arrows."

"Ah! I will go look for some myself then. I'm sure I can manage something. What is the problem? How hurt is she, where is she hurt, and how much pain is she in? I need to know how strong to make the medicine. I also need to know if she needs bandaging.
"On a side note, can you show me how to make some useful weapons later?" Ze looked around to try to figure out which way to start looking.

"I suppose...Just wait for Shadow and Zam to come back. It shouldn't be too long. Go check up on Sylvia. I don't know the extent of her health." He picked up the second dead creature and brought it to a clear patch. He dug a grave and buried it, and sat there. "I'll be killed if I don't leave soon..."

"What do you mean, you'll be killed? Is this group dangerous?" Gemini's eyes widened. "Shit... they won't kill us, will they? Or is the issues that they seem to be attractin monsters?" Ze asked as ze stood with the crutches. "Also, where's this girl I need to check on?"

"They won't kill you...But they're so damn noisy. They attracted the creatures. Which is why when Shadow gets back with Zam, I'm going back to my shack." He looked up to them and said, "Jakob has her. The one with wings." At this point there were too many people here. He need to leave.

"Well I suppose it's just as dangerous as being alone... So I'll stick with them for now I guess. I better go check on the girl." Ze used the crutches to walk around the campsite until ze came across the girl.

"Alright, so let's see what your deal is..." Gemini looked Sylvia over, examining the wounds. "I'm Gemini. I know how to make medicines. Guess I'm joining yalls group now. So, tell me what happened to you. And how much pain are you in?"

Sylvia had awoken a small amount of time earlier, and watched Gemini as they walked over. Using her Illusion magic again, now that her energy was restored to her from the rest, she couldn't feel the pain anymore, again. Listening to Gemini as they introduced themselves, then got down to business, she couldn't help but smile as she thought of what job this person had in the life before they were taken here.

Holding up a hand for Gemini to help her up, Sylvia gave her name and such, as well, Hello, Gemini. My name is Sylvia, and I know how to make people think what they're not supposed to. Yesterday, the boy with wings let his "other self" out, and this guy's wings threw me into a wall of the guy's hut, the one you were just talking to. So, feeling my chest, he split my sternum in half. Whenever I run out of energy, I can't keep the Illusion of numbness on my chest and it hurts like crazy. These guys really overreacted; I just needed to rest and get my energy back.

As she finished that statement, her stomach rudely interrupted, growling loudly and arousing a groan from Sylvia. Sheepishly, she admitted, I almost forgot I was hungry, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.