From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylvia turned away from the tree and faced Shadow as she said, Well, can you? Do you think that it would be life or death without paper? And if so, can you hold that mentality until we get a fire started?

"The nights are getting colder. Maybe we will freeze if I don't... " Shadow struggled to maintain the rather negative opinion. With golden eyes, a small stack of paper appeared. Shadow grinned and looked at Jakob and Sylvia. "It feels much more stable than the ball," she noticed. "I don't know how to explain it."

"Well, thats definitely an impressive power dear. I'm just worried as to if the power will go to your head." Jake walked over to his little canopy, continuing to work on, maybe they could eventually get walls, it'll keep them from powers, some traps would be good too, but he couldn't ask Shadow for that, if things blink out of exiatance on a whim, it would leave them vulnerable, also, it probably be a consistant drain on her to keep things tangable forever. He heard a rustle of paper and turned to see the paper in her arms. He smirked worriedly.

Sylvia clapped happily, exclaiming Congratulations! I think we've figured out your power! She proceeded to place some paper under the kindling pyramid, then struck a match and held it to the paper. The fire starts without a hitch! She places more firewood around the starter fire and soon they had a nice fire giving them warmth. As night drew near, she discovered it was colder than she had thought it would be. She looked at the others and smiled, glad to have survived the first day in the forest.

(( And with this I must retire to my bed as well... It's 1:00 A.M. for me here ^~^ ))

"Goodnight everybody," Shadow says, glad of the company, and lies down, ignoring the cold air. A long, hard and exhausting day. Finally she could rest. She closed her eyes to relax and was deep asleep in seconds.
(Haha late night. Goodnight)

The two girls were out cold. He worked on th canopy and they didn't move a muscle. He even began working on the walls using giant rocks he pulled up from the river and glueing them together using a natural paste his father one thought him to make. He finished one whole wall before he gutted the fish and cooked them over the fire. When those were finished, he wrapped them in leaves he cleaned in the river nearby and placed them in the water to refrigerate them. he then laid beneath the canopy with the girls, thinking of the people he left on earth, hell, he even missed his ex boyfriend. He wondered what these people would think of his being gay. He doubted they would care. He relaxed and closed his eyes. He fell into a deep sleep.

THUMP! Shadow opened her blurry eyes to the dark, but instead of seeing stars she saw the canopy above. It must of been midnight, Jakob had worked hard until late while she was sleeping. The fire was low but still burning, keeping back the biting cold. She sat up and saw a large nut, what looked like a coconut but not exactly. Suddenly she was relieved of the canopy, if it wasn't there she would probably be dead. Shadow yawned and rubbed her eyes. She stood up and took a fish out of the water and solemnly munched on it. She then put it back and returned to her sleeping position, near Sylvia and Jakob. She lay back down and relaxed... But then she saw flashing lights in the distance. Interesting. She would investigate with the group in the morning, but now she needed more sleep

Jake was aroused by the sound of someone laying down.
"Mmmm, whos up?" He mumbled.

"Its just me," Shadow whispers. "Try and go back to sleep if you can."

(I have awoken ~_~)
Geoff was unable to sleep, so he sat on the large rock by the pond and stared at the water. "I wonder...Will we ever leave this place...?"

(Yup. Surprisingly.)
The fish he had previously tamed started surrounding him, and swimming in sync. A perfomance. Geoff couldn't help but smile. "Huh...Fish are cheering me up...Being here for so long must have really taken a toll on my mind." He lay on the rock, and hummed a non-specitic tune.

Kristopher sat up, no longer tired as Shadow sat there, he wasn't sure if she fell asleep and he didn't want to wake her. He stood and stretched before walking down to the river to gather a leftover fish and reheat it over the small fire.

After eating the fish, he decided to lay down again and get more sleep. Shadow had laid down in a more comfortable position. Jake fell back asleep.

(( Hey, you guys can feel free to do stuff without me! I can catch up like no other. ^~^ ))

Sylvia woke with a start, gasping for breath and forgetting the dream that was quickly fading away... it seemed very much like Deja Vu, and she knew that it was the same dream she had last night. Her ears were pinned to her head and tail twitching on the ground, and she sat up while rubbing her eyes. Looking around, she saw that the sunlight was creeping through the leaves in speckled lights on the ground, illuminating the green canopy and creating a beautiful scene. Even the birds were chirping merrily, and Sylvia smiled at the majesty of this scene. Looking to the side, she saw that both Shadow and Jakob had moved from their original sleeping positions, indicating that they were up recently. Crawling over to her backpack, she grabbed the white skein of yarn she had and stood up.

Bending over Jakob, Sylvia calmly placed her hand on his head and focused on the Illusion magic she had. She saw his dream, a total Illusion of the mind, and added to that dream the vision of herself, telling him that she was going to be gone for a little bit, but not to worry. She stood, going to Shadow and doing the same thing with her. And with that, she ran off toward Geoff holding the white yarn meant for making a bow. As she emerged from the treeline and saw Geoff staring at the water, she stopped and breathed hard. Walking up to him, she held out the yarn without a word, just getting her breath back.

Jakob shot up from his sleeping position. That was probably the strangest dream he had ever had, and he knew that Sylvia was responsible. Who just pops up in a nighmare an calmly says their going somewhere? Jakob stood and looked around. He stretched and lloked to his right where Sylvia had been sleeping. As he ssuspected, she was gone. Jakob decided to continue working on their hut, happy that nothing had attacked them that night. The slightly tall teenager made his way down to the river to grab more rocks and make more paste. They lived a little bit away from Geoff so he couldn't see Sylvia, nor could she see him. He continue to work on the incomplete half of the second stone wall.

It didn't take much time to finish the second wall. so, Jake moved onto the third.

After finishing the third wall. Jake sat down to rest after taking a fish from the river. He looked at his handiwork and he felt satisfied with it. It was definitely a sturdy home and would protect the three well. He smiled as he ate.

"Ah...Thank you...Tell your group not to fish the river too much. The river leads into this pond and out of it, into the forest. They'll destroy my food supply." He took the string and stood up as the fish continued dancing. He hopped down and walked towards the shack. "Watch out for traps. And thanks for earlier." He
disappeared into the shack, and began making a bow.

As Jake ate, Sylvia appeared from the mass of leaves and bushes. She sat down without a word and began mediating. Jake shrugged and continued to work on the final wall, creating a frame for the doorway out if stones and sticks before pulling more large rocks out of the river and making more paste. The loud THUNK of him placing rocks fir the home could be heard throuhout the forest.

"Geez...It's like they want to attract attention." He finished the bow and started making bows when he heard a loud roar outside. A bear. He walked outside and got into a stance, as the bear stood up and roared once more. The bear charged and Geoff hit the deck, scratching its belly. The bear became tame in an instant. It turned and laid down next to Geoff and he sat on the bear. "That was risky...I wonder what I should name you..." He laid down on it and his face was pure contentment. "Soft...."

Status
Not open for further replies.