From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You helped more than anything. What could he have done with a dislocated arm?" Jake began sorting through branches and gathering the longest ones he could find and began building by placing one if the long sticks on the branches that jutted out from two trees and did this with the other trees, creating the perfect frame for a leafy roof just above his head, he just needed to get more long sticks to lay across the frame so he could place leaves and ferns in top. He felt as if someone was watching him.
"Hey, is it possible for you to reach out with your illusion power to sense other people? I feel eyes on me."

As she walked around, looking to the ground, she was completely oblivious to Shadow's presence. However, when she started moving, she had cracked a twig. Sylvia immediately straightened, her ears fully alert and tail whipping about, her lips slowly raising away from her teeth in an instinctive response. Once she caught sight of Shadow, her eyes stayed on her, and she didn't move an inch. The only way you could distinguish her from a statue was her tail, which was whipping about as irritated as it could get.

Jake heard a snarl and glanced around a tree to see Sylvia poised to attack another girl.
"Err. Maybe she won't hurt us?"
Jesus, how stupid can you get, your way too trusting.
"Juust let her talk, okay? We can't just go attacking others. Especially if they could possibly help us. Remember, that one guy was just looking for string, and he even shot us with paralysis darts before asking, and we recieved fish in the end."

Shadow froze as well breathing in scattered breath. She was honestly terrified, she, or it, had a tail! The winged man was also looking at her with emotionless eyes. Her iris morphed from green to gold as she materialised a small knife, using up little energy but still reasonably deadly. She started to back away, then ran, but tripped over a branch, her forehead smashed against a rock. On the floor, in agony, she saw the what she would call cat lady above her as she reached a hand to block the bleeding

Sylvia looked at Geoff quickly, hearing his argument, then felt horrible for immediately assuming this girl was dangerous. She was about to turn and apologize when she saw Shadow make a knife out of thin air! Watching her run, then trip over a branch and hit her head on a rock, she winced as a sickening thud resounded. Quickly going over to her, she kneeled in front of her as she did with Geoff, and gasped at the blood already springing from the wound! Closing her eyes again, she reached out to feel her aura, seeing the redness again in her head, and calmly pressed the numbness against the pain, repressing it so that Shadow didn't feel it.

Opening her eyes, you could see sorrow as she immediately began to apologize, Hey, I'm sorry for scaring you like that, it's just you sort of scared me and when I get nervous, you know, I get kind of mean... She stood up, offering her hand to the girl, and explaining, I used my powers of Illusion to make your head feel better, again I'm really sorry, we - we're having fish, you're welcome to stay -- Her hand clenched into a fist as she groaned, realizing that she was babbling. Loosening it, she waited for Shadow's reaction.

"T-Thank you," Shadow murmured. She quickly opened her backpack and held a tissue to her forehead. She knew she didn't feel any pain but it would help to stop the blood. "I know, I was scared too. If... If its ok can I stay with you for a while? I haven't seen anybody since I came here, I have some materials in my backpack... I miss human company, ". Shadow looked up longingly at her. She decided to add, "Hi, I'm Shadow. Whats your name?"

"Yeah, you haven't told your name yet, either. We got interupted." Jake added. Walking up to the girl and taking the tissue fromb her hand and helping with the blood.
"Do you have anything to bandage this with?" He asked Shadow.

Sylvia smiled, but this time it didn't seem threatening, and reached up to smooth her hair when Shadow rejected her hand up. She replied with a chuckle, Hi Shadow -- hehe -- My name's Sylvia, and that's... uh... She turned slowly to Jakob, realizing that she didn't even know this guy. What's your name?

"Hello Sylvia, and I'm not sure, winged man,". Shadow stared inquisitively at the man and then resumed searching through her backpack. "Aha!" she exclaimed as she pulled out a long piece of cloth, and wrapped it around her head like a headband. "Thank you, both of you," she said as she struggled to stand up. "Now what?"

Sylvia appraised Shadow's form, looking for anymore injuries or whatnot. Well, I was just searching for firewood so that we could start a fire... I think Mr. Wings over here was building something of a canopy when we came across you, Shadow. Scratching the back of her head, she chuckled nervously. Umm... I guess you can prep the fish, and get them ready for cooking?

Shadow grinned. "Do you need any more firewood?" Her eyes burned gold once again as a stack of kindle and long burning branches appeared, stacked in her arms. Failing to look professional, she almost fell again from the sudden weight but heaved it back up and headed back towards where they had more firewood.

"Err. Im Jakob by the way. I think I did actually tell you Sylvia. What do you supppse her power is?" Jakob asked as the other female walked to their camp.
"Its definitely a cojuration power. But of what? I don't see a similarity between a knife and a pile wood -- eer kindling."

She glanced over at the two chatting companions. Shadow managed not to eavesdrop and searched through her backpack for her flint. She winced as she looked at its tattered state. It would probably only last once more. She looked back at them and asked, "Can you set the fire?" while propping up the sticks up into a triangle like shape so the smoke wouldn't choke the fire as much

Sylvia watched Shadow conjure firewood out of nothing and held back a laugh as she almost fell with it. She saw her heading back and was about to follow when Jakob asked her his question. Putting her finger to her chin in thought, she suggested, Maybe... she can get whatever she needs at the time? If you think about it, she desperately needed a knife when she thought she would be attacked, and then it disappeared when she didn't need it anymore. Now, she needed wood and she got it.

Looking over at Shadow setting up the configuration for the fire, she headed over. Yeah, I can take care of it. She went over to her backpack, which was left by the strawberry bush, and dug in it for what she wanted to find. After some searching, she came up with a matchbook. Aha! Now, if we have some really thin, dry bark like paper...

"You know, that would maje the most sense, shes calking fir someone to start the fire, but she didn't make something appear, which, if your theory is correct, means that she has something to start the fire with." Jake walked up to the girl who was kneeling by the fire.
"Do you not have anything to start one?" Kris watched Sylvia withdraw a matchbook from her bag and wondered where she got it from. He shugged and looked back at Shadow.

"Um... Do you need food? I can - conjure - food..." Shadow paused in the middle of the sentence because she had never really named her ability. Actually summoning food used up as much energy as she got from it but still she could feed the others of they didn't have food. "Oh wait, you have fish..." She remembered. Oh well, she thought, and zipped up her backpack. She could try to conjure a fire to impress them, maybe they don't need me if I don't. Sometimes she could hold the fire but most she couldn't control it and the fire disappears. "I have a flint but it will only last once more.. So I want to save it for emergencies."

Kris pondered. "Try conjuring something you don't need, like, I dunno, say.... A bouncy ball? Something ridiculous and useless? I know it takes up energy, but try? Because if you can't then that means you can only conjure things you need and not want..." Kris hoped that Sylvia's theory was correct, otherwise, this girl could be unstoppable and ciuld easily tread them down if she could make anything out of thin air.

Moving her head to the side, Sylvia smiled easily with eyes closed. It's okay, we have fish and we can share it with you. There's also a strawberry bush over there... although I sort of ate a lot... She bashfully looked at the ground, but when Shadow said that she'll save the flint for emergencies, she shook the matches she had. I can start the fire with this. Although... it would be really helpful if I had some paper. I don't hold my schoolwork in my bag all the time! Giggling softly, she stood up and searched the tree for thin bark, usually pulling off chunks that the tree could do without.

"Um... Ok I'll try..." She wondered why. Was it a test? She was a bit frightened of them but she tried. She didn't really know how the skill worked but she tried. A ball appeared in front of them. Was that good or bad? "Er... Here..." She handed him the handball. Jakob looked worried. What was wrong! Suddenly, the ball flickered out of existence. "I can't hold a thing I want not need for long apparently," Shadow said slowly, cautiously. "Should I try and make paper Sylvia?"

Status
Not open for further replies.