Fragments of Dreams

Zach looked at Ashley sheepishly. "Well, we were gonna head back to my place for dinner. But the Crash sounds fun." He looked over at Jane. "It's one of our hangout places. They give out free food and soda and there's movies and everything. Just a place to hang," he smiled at her. "It's up to you. Would you like to go back to my place for dinner, or meet everybody? I'm up for either one." He found amusement in Ashley, she was definitely one to liven up the room. She seemed to take a particular liking in him. Normally, he didn't mind so much. But with Jane here, it made him a little hesitant. Still, he made no move to remove her from his arm. "You should meet her uncle," Zach grinned at Ashley. "You'd want to speak proper, too."

"Yes, he could be quite the authoritative figure," Edrea laughed. Molrim is quite intimidating. But what would he say to them spending time away from safety places? What about his mother? Didn't she need to tell him the truth tonight? But wouldn't it be better if he had more time with his friends before... before he couldn't have anymore? Or was that more cruel?

"Maybe we should ask your mother if it is alright. You are hosting the dinner after all. I think it would be quite inappropriate if we didn't make it to dinner but then again, maybe the adults would also want time away from us."

"I'm sure Mrs. M wouldn't mind Zacharoni! Plus, I haven't seen you the whole summer! I mean, vacation was fun and everything, but I missed you!" Ashley said before she engulfed him in another hug. Edrea looked away, confused about some strange things she was starting to feel inside of her.

Zach thought a minute. "Yeah, you're right," he agreed with Jane. He blinked down at Ashley and chuckled a little. He felt a pang of... What was it... Shame? Embarrassment? He hugged Ashley back and patted her back, his gaze trailing to Jane for half a second. "Let me call my mom real fast," he said, letting go of Ashley and digging into his pocket. He dialed his mom's cell number and hit send, patiently waiting for her to pick up.

Miria heard her ringer go off and curiously answered. "Zach? Everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. Ashley invited us to go out to the Crash after we're done here. But I also don't wanna leave Jane's uncles hangin'. You think they'd mind," Zach asked.

Miria thought a moment. "Let me think about it, and I'll call you back," she told him and hung up. She looked over at Fenris. "Zach wants to take her to one of the hangouts instead of back here. What do you think?"

Zach put the phone back in his pocket. "She's thinking about it," he informed both girls. Why was he so hesitant with Ashley now? Why did he feel bad around Jane?

Fenris thought about it carefully. It should be safe enough for the two to stay there. It would give him and the Queen more time to prepare for the passage to the Plane. "I think Molrim won't be happy about it but he could accompany them." He answered the Queen with a little bit of sadistic glee. He liked it when Molrim did things he didn't want but could not refuse.

Edrea kept her smile. She didn't know how Fenris would feel about it but she knew Molrim would be angry. But then again, Molrim was always angry.

"It would really be good if you guys came. Everyone'll be happy!" Edrea gave Ashley a bigger smile. But she still felt something not right inside of her... maybe she should just stay with Fenris...

Miria thought and sighed. "This will be his last outing. I'll tell him when he comes home," she decided and called him back.

Zach looked at Jane curiously. "We don't have to go if you don't want to," he told her. "I mean, you can meet everyone here during school hours if it makes you more comfortable." He jumped a little as his phone rang in his pocket and answered it. "Yeah, Mom?"

"You two can go ahead, but her uncle will go with you," she told him. "Go ahead and get some money out of the ATM if you need to. I'm putting forty in your account after we hang up."

"Alright, I'll tell them. Thanks, Mom," he said and hung up. "She said it's alright, but your uncle has to come with us," he told Jane. "But if you're not comfortable, we'll just go back to my place," he added.

"No, no, I think it would be quite enjoyable. If you don't mind," Edrea turned to Ashley. She was hesitant about her. Maybe she wouldn't like it if Edrea went with them.

"You can come! Brad texted me about you. I think he might have quite a crush on you." Ashley said suggestively at Edrea while coiling her arms with Zach's again. Edrea turned away a little bit, but her smile didn't fade.

"A crush?" It sounds painful. What a strange use of lexis they have here.

Zach smiled, glad for the chance to take her out. He offered his arm to Jane, too. "Milady," he grinned. "We still have to finish your tour before we go anywhere," he reminded her. "And Brad crushes on every girl," he laughed, walking with the two girls down the hallway to finish the tour.

Edrea curtsied a bit in response to him. "My lord," she said before taking his hand and placing her hands gently on him the proper way. As they continued walking, she was still very confused about the whole Brad thing. "What's a crush?"

Ashley didn't like that Zach offered his hand to her too. She felt jealousy bubble up inside of her but she tried to quench it anyway. She had no right to call Zach hers after all. But it sucked all the same.

He smiled. "A crush? It means you like someone in a "I want to get to know you more personally" kinda way," he explained. He finished the tour and thought a moment. "Did we miss anything? Your classes, locker, bathrooms, cafeteria, library, office..." he thought aloud. "I can't think of anything else. What about you, Ashley? Did I forget something," he asked her. He normally tried to split his attention with everyone in a group if he was in one, like now. He didn't like his friends feeling like third wheels.

"I've got all that I need." Ashley assured him. Zach was a great guy. She couldn't blame Jane for liking him. But still. "We should probably head to Crash. Should we take my car or ...?"

"My uncle should be here. We should just find him." Edrea didn't want to anger Molrim any more than necessary. She hoped Molrim would understand though.

"Okay, I'll meet you guys there then!" Ashley gave Zach a small peck on the cheeks, something she'd normally do but now has taken more guts than necessary. Could she really handle a competition like Jane? She was strange looking what with her silver white hair and purple eyes, but maybe Zach likes girls who cosplay? Although it didn't look very fake in her opinion. She got into her car and drove off, giving them a last wave.

Molrim pulled up immediately in front of them. Fenris has already sent him a message telepathically.

"Meet you there," Zach smiled, waving a goodbye at Ashley. He felt more awkward at the normally casual kiss on the cheek. He looked at Jane. "Shall we go," he asked, opening her door for her. He got in as well and put his seatbelt on, giving her uncle directions as they drove. Once they got there, he noticed the shadows dancing, happy to be able to be close to him once again. He smiled to himself and waved to his friends. "Come on, Jane," he smiled happily.

'Shadowlands will rejoice once their lost Prince is returned.' Edrea thought as she got out of the car. Molrim stayed outside with the car, once again setting up temporary barriers but it had to be weaker than usual lest humans won't be able to pass through.

Ashley soon parked with them and joined them at the entrance. "Let's go," she took Zach's hand and led them inside. Edrea simply followed. It was such a strange small place and she felt rather out of her comfort zone but it was alright. The sun was setting and the moon is peeking from outside and she smiled. Her hair looked like it was glittering and so was her skin. They've forgotten to cover her in a Glamour. But they didn't have time so this will have to do.

[spoili]Sorry for the wait!! D; I was so tired after work that I zonked out. I'll be on tomorrow between classes :D[/spoili]

Miria sat on the couch, looking at the pendant. "Where will we stay when we return," she asked Fenris. She was excited to go home, anxious to get to her people and help them, restore their morale.

Zach took Jane's hand so she wouldn't get lost or left behind - Ashley was a fast walker, even in crowds. "Hey, guys," Zach smiled at everyone and followed their awed gazes to Jane. "You're sparkling," he said, staring at her with curious awe.

Edrea panicked. Sparkling?! Damn. Humans weren't supposed to see that! "N-no, I'm not. It's just the light. And my skin..." Edrea has never stuttered before. And now here she was, in front of a group of adolescent humans, sparkling.

"Maybe it's just her lotion or something. Some lotions have that." Ashley flicked it off, annoyed about the attention Edrea was getting.

"Y-yeah, lotion." She looked around and found a sign that says 'RESTROOM' "I need to excuse myself," Edrea hurried to the bathroom and locked the room. Zach's powers had probably caused the others around him too to be able to see unnatural things. That wasn't supposed to happen. She began to write intricate markings on her arm, each of the symbols glowing in a dark purple hue. It was an enchantment to make them forget about her other form and to make it invisible to their eyes. Edrea looked at the mirror and found that it had worked and she smiled.

She went back out of the bathroom and found the rest of the group in a circle. She looked at Zach who was sitting right beside Ashley. It was strange, what she felt about it. She'll have to talk to Fenris about that later.

Zack opened his mouth to try to calm Jane down - she seemed really nervous, but Ashley spat out an explanation before he got to say anything. He looked at her a little surprised. What was kind of snippy... "Take your time," he told Jane as she left to go into the restroom. Ashley had dragged him over to sit with everyone in a circle. "Are you alright," he asked her. She usually didn't get little things like that get to her. He'd only ever seen her upset when she couldn't get what she wanted. Zach had left an open space and enough room for Jane to sit on his other side. He smiled at her as she sat next to them.

Ashley felt a little bit bad about it. But she couldn't help it. "I'm fine, sorry, just... tired. Cheerleading tryouts are coming up, need to get organi--" because she could finish Jane had come back and sat on the other side of Zach. Her bitchy side was really showing and she really didn't like that. Why can't Brad just do something already?

Edrea recognized one of them; Brad. They met just a couple of hours ago. She gave him a smile. "Hello, Brad, isn't it?"

Brad smiled. "Hey! Uhh, Jane, right? You think you'll like your classes," he asked with his rather handsome smile.

"She's got History with you, if I remember correctly," Zach said. He patted Ashley's hand to try to calm her down. Girls didn't seem to handle stress very well. "If you're that tired, you should go get some rest," he told her. "I can drive you home," he offered. He lived a few blocks down from her and didn't mind the walk.

Edrea smiled at Brad. She has taken quite a liking at him. "I do enjoy human history."

"No, no I'm fine." Ashley assured Zach. He was such a caring person.

Edrea's attention was piqued up when Zach offered to drive Ashley. That would mean they would be alone together. Edrea didn't like that idea. But of course, it was only because it was unsafe for Zach to be alone. He must always be with her. Or, err, someone. Like Molrim. "We can drop her home," Edrea immediately piped in. She was only concerned for Zach's and Ashley's safety. Right? Right. "I mean, it would be unwise if you... go alone. We went here all together, so we shall all go home together. It is safer that way." Edrea nodded in finality. Yes, that should be a valid argument, right? Right.

Ashley looked at Edrea weirdly. Her words are so weird. "No, really, I'm fine. Thanks for the offer... I think."

"Human history," Brad asked, looking at her curiously. "Is there other history," he asked with a chuckle. She was amusing and cute.

Zach looked at Jane as she began to talk. He smiled. "That's a nice offer, Jane, but we live in a pretty safe town. No weirdo stalkers running around, far as I know," he chuckled. He looked at Ashley and back at Jane and blinked. He sensed some sort of catfight coming on, if they didn't change the subject. He cleared his throat. "Anyway..."

"Zachary, what a lovely surprise," a male voice said. Zach, never hearing his full name, looked up to see who it was. He didn't recognize them. "And you are...?"

"You don't remember me? We used to play together all the time," he smiled. He looked normal enough, but he had a dark air about him. The freaky kind of dark that could turn dangerous at any second. It made the hair on Zach's neck stand on end.

"Sorry, but I don't remember," Zach smiled sheepishly. He wondered why his heart was pounding adrenaline through him. He felt like he should run with Jane and get the hell out of there. He didn't like it, not knowing who this person was.

"It's alright. I don't expect you to," he smiled a creepy sort of smile, walking closer. "And who's your little friend, with such oddly colored eyes..." He stared at Jane long enough that it made Zach uncomfortable. Zach stood up and put himself between the two, his eyes never leaving the stranger. "Who are you," he asked, and blinked as he saw his shadow didn't match the body it was in. He frowned, his consciousnesses now sensing danger as his subconscious had earlier. Suddenly the lights went out and Zach gasped as it felt like his lungs were being squeezed in the darkness.

[spoili]Sorry if this goes against your idea, I thought the Dawn-Treaders might be on Earth looking for the Queen and Prince, too >>; ^^;[/spoili]

Edrea immediately grabbed Zach, pulling him away from the stranger as she pulled out a dragon blade, slashing at the intruder. This was not good. How did Molrim not know about this? The darkness was not helpful to her but if only Zach knew how to contr--Edrea felt a blow to her side. She immediately pushed Zach in the opposite direction, putting him and his friends inside a barrier.

How did they find them? Oh, Circe. This was not how they wanted this mission to go. And Edrea needed some lights. "Lux luna ultima," she whispered in between trying to dodge his attacks. Suddenly, the whole room filled up with bright moonlight streaming from the windows and crevices of the building, blinding everyone but them. They'll have to erase everyone's memories later, but that was the least of Edrea's concerns at the moment. Edrea pulled out a sword that materialized on her hip made of Sunfire. It was one of the abilities she possessed. She then slashed at the Dawn-treader, effectively cutting him cleanly in half. Edrea didn't need to watch what happened, she quickly grabbed Zach and headed for the door. She didn't know how many more were there. But rest assured, there was more.

Outside, Fenris was already jumping out of the car of Zach's mom. Molrim was at the side, wounded heavily, barely breathing as he held on to his bloody shoulder which was slashed up until his toros. "Get in the car!" Fenris screamed. Edrea pushed Zach inside the car before going back to help Fenris get Molrim. Everything had gone to shit. Now they'll have to make an emergency portal to back to the Plane. The presence of the Dawn-treaders on the Mortal Plane could only mean two things: they've figured out how to create portals which allows them to move from Plane to Plane to do as they want and wreck havoc, or they've defeated the Guardians of the Light and the Orian itself has been turned to shambles.

Edrea could not figure out which was the lesser of two evils.

[SPOILI]It's totally fine. hahaha i got excited! i was like.. OMG FINALLY ACTION! hahaha i'm not very good at writing action though. >.> [/SPOILI]