Fragments of Dreams

Zach couldn't help but smile as she ran towards him and caught her in a thankful hug. "I'm so glad you're alright," he said gently in her ear before she pulled away, only to come back to kiss him. He felt a similar warmth engulf him, one that he had felt the previous evening in the gardens. He held her close, his arms around her back to reassure himself that she was there as he returned the thankful and loving kiss. "Thank the Gods you're alright," he murmured the whisper against her lips as he sent a thank you prayer to her parents.

Denor smiled cheerfully at the young Sun God. "I would like that very much, young Kael. I thank you. But I must see my son once more before I return," he insisted. He looked down at his beloved wife and placed a kiss on her brow. "And enjoy the sight of Orian's beautiful gardens with my family, if only for a few moments."

Miria held onto her love, smiling up at him sadly. "I'm sure Zach would love that," she said quietly. She hated to say goodbye again so soon, but she understood that they wouldn't be able to stay for long. She just hoped Zach would wake up before the two gods had to return to the other plane.

Edrea's smiled suddenly vanished as she untangled herself from Zachary. "We need to find our way out and wake up ." Her hand reached up to his face, caressing it lightly. "We must wake up, my Prince." Looking around the vast whiteness, she found that the darkness where he had come from had vanished. All there was left was an endless span of nothingness. Taking his hand in hers, she looked up at him once more. She takes a deep breath, amethyst eyes staring deeply into his brown ones. "I will see you in the waking world." She smiled before slowly closing her eyes.

Suddenly, Edrea shot up from where she slept on the bed, taking a deep intake of air. "Your Majesty!" Exclaimed both Avermans who were watching them. Her eyes frantically search the room, satisfied that they are in a familiar area. She settled her breathing for a few moments, finally noticing her hands being intertwined with Zach's. A gasp escaped her lips as she nervously waited for him to open his eyes. She held his hands tightly in hers, whispering to him: "Wake up, please."

Zach looked around, trying to find a way out of the vast whiteness as well. He frowned, not seeing one. "How in the hell-" he looked down at her as she took his hand again. "Alright," he said and stared as she faded. His brows furrowed as he tried to figure out how she did it. Curious, he closed his eyes. He could hear his parents talking with the Avermans, and their exclamation at the Princess. He could feel Edrea holding his hands and asking him to wake up.

He opened his eyes and saw everything he'd been hearing. He sat up and kissed Edrea before his mother got his arms around him. "Oh, I'm so glad you're alright," she sighed, relieved. He blinked as she suddenly let go and smacked the back of his head, as she would have done if they were messing around. "If you ever run off like that again, so help me I'll-"

"I'm sorry, Mom," Zach told her honestly, his hand reaching up to rub the spot where she'd smacked him. "I didn't mean to make you worry. I just... I was worried about Edrea. And I was mad at myself for not listening to her earlier."

"No need to worry anymore," Denor said with a smiled, his hand resting on his wife's waist. "The war is over. The Shadowlands are ours once more. I am proud of you, my son," he said with a prideful smile. "You fought bravely for your Princess and your people. You will be a great King."

Zach stared up at his dad, seeing just how closely he resembled his father. "Ah," he cleared his throat, embarrassed by his father's proud words. "Thanks, dad."

Denor chuckled. "Shower and dress. I believe the Princess has an announcement to make to her people," he said with a bow to Edrea. "And," Miria added, looking at her son. "You need to make your debut."

Smiled brightly as he woke up and kissed her. She silently slipped away as his parents spoke to him, giving a signal to the Averman to begin the preparation for their festivities. Kael blocked her by the door and embraced her tightly. "My precious Sun," he whispered in her hair. She smiled, nodding. "Brother," she smiled, glowing in happiness. "We must begin the festivities! The whole kingdom must rejoice at the re-awakening of their Princess and the return of a much awaited Prince." She nodded as he released her, allowing her to get back to her chambers and prepare.

Her dress was grand and magical. It was made from cloudsilk and golden starseeds. It formed an A-line dress, sweeping the floor in a grand gesture as she moved fluidly. She shone brightly every which way. Her hair was held precariously at the back to keep them from flying to her face.

Finally, she entered the threshold of the grand balcony, and in a single wave of her hand, the shield around the castle vanished into glimmery nothings. The people of the Orian were once again welcome to their beloved castle. They came in waves, walking as Edrea welcomed them with a smile. The Sun rose gloriously over them, bathing them in its warmth. "My people," she began; voice loud, crisp, and clear. "The war is over. The Light has conquered darkness and we may once again live in peace." The people cheered their beloved Princess, happy to see her be able to move and their happiness blooming in her heart, too. "The demise of our beloved Prince, my brother Kael, may now be celebrated as his resurrection as a God, finally joining our parents in their Kingdom."

Kael came out from the curtain and stood proudly beside Edrea. An echoing gasp could be heard all over before applause and cheering could be heard all over. The siblings smiled warmly, waiting for the excitement to subside. "And for all the refugees of the Shadowlands, you may now go home to your beloved kingdom." She smiled and in another wave of her hand, the great big shield around the Orian disappeared the same way the one around the castle did. "Our kingdoms will maintain its cordial relationship and so you may come and go as you like. This, too, is your home." They cheered, some have cried, Edrea and Kael's heart bloomed with happiness.

Kael cleared his throat and spoke up. "My people, it is my honor to present to you, King Denor of the Shadowlands and Queen Miria." The crowd cheered once more and Edrea and Kael made space for the couple to come out. "King Denor and I were trapped by the Dawn Queen, our souls imprisoned mercilessly. But we have been freed by a great hero."

Edrea smiled widely, she could not contain her excitement. She looked over her people proudly before announcing, "It is my honor to present to you, Prince Zachary Denor of the Shadowlands and the Hellthorne Kingdom." A booming applause resonated throughout the whole kingdom as they all waited anxiously to see Zach. Edrea smiled towards Zach's parents, nodding, giving them all permission to speak if they do so wish.

Zach smiled as Edrea hugged her brother, and turned his smile up to his father as the Shadow God rested his hand on his son's shoulder. Zach then went to his chambers to wash and dress himself, though the chambermaids helped him dress after he got his underwear on. The fabric was black and reflected the colors of fire. He couldn't stop playing with the fabric to figure out how it worked, twisting and turning the threads as he stared at them closely in fascination.

Denor was dressed in a black dressuit that seemed to be made of shadows itself. His cape and the dressings on his suit seemed to be as light as air from the way they moved and billowed, while the rest of the fabric stayed perfectly in place on the God's body. Miria wore a similar dress that she had worn in council with the Princess earlier that day. She stood tall beside her husband and son as they approached the balcony. She smiled, as Denor could not seem keep his fingers from stroking her hair, face, or hand. It was clear that he cherished his wife.

As they were presented, Miria took Denor's arm and they stepped onto the balcony, smiling at the cheering people below. Denor was especially cheerful, glad that they had not lost faith in his element.

At his very humbling introduction, Zach stepped out of the curtains and stood between his mother and the Princess. He smiled at their welcome, though he was very shocked to see exactly how many people had been waiting for this day to come.

Denor nodded at the Princess, thanking her for giving them a chance to speak. "My people. I am honored and humbled at your welcome. The Orian and all of its people have done a wonderful job of keeping my beloved wife and my precious son safe while I have been previously indisposed. For this, I could not be more grateful."

Miria smiled. "We would not be standing here today, if it were not for Princess Edrea, High Guard Molrim, and High Priest Fenris. Through their strength, perserverance, and kind guidance; they have helped the Prince master his powers, and have reintroduced me into my role as Queen of the Shadowlands. I have been reminded of the love and unity the Orian is known for, and I can think of nothing that could possibly express my gratitude, or my honor to be treated so kindly," she said, turning her smile to the Princess.

"Let the festivities begin!" Echoed the sound of Kael's voice as they waved and smiled one last time before herding the whole group back inside. "I shall go and thank the Hellthorne King personally, excuse me." Kael bowed as he left Edrea with the royal family of the Shadowlands kingdom.

The beautiful Princess smiled at the Prince and his family. He was a spitting image of his gallant father. She placed a hand on Zach's arm to get his attention, her lips curved upwards. "I must go to my people and celebrate with them, my Prince." Then she looked at his parents, smiling. "Your Majesties, please take all the time you want with your family. I know it is very limited. Please, join us in celebration when you can. It will be an honor." She bowed humbly to their family, especially to King Denor who will be welcomed once again as a God in the Realm.

All the lands erupted in celebration. There was food and music and great many laughter. The whole kingdom was bursting with happiness as they rejoiced with their Princess and newly resurrected Prince. Although they will have to say goodbye to him soon for he will rise to the Realm and be with his parents as a God. But they were celebrating for the coming of a new god, the welcoming of an old god, and the reunification of a beloved family all through out the kingdoms. Happiness was felt in every corner of the Kingdoms as the shadows danced against the light and there was nothing but love and laughter in the air.

The Princess could be seen dancing and playing along with the children at the gardens. Sylvana, too, at the side while other children played on her. Her brother, Kael, had also joined her, laughing and singing along as children littered around him, clinging on his arms and legs. The soldiers were finally at peace, rejoined by their families as they ate and laughed together. It was a great day at the Orian and nothing could have ever ruined it.

Zach touched Edrea's hand gently. "Have fun. I'll join after a while," he promised. Miria smiled at the beautiful Princess and bowed in return. "Thank you, we will cherish our time together," she said and squeezed her husband's hand as the family of three turned to go to the gardens.

Despite the fact that he knew his father would be leaving soon, he was glad to spend time with him. They never spoke of what would happen afterward. Denor instead listened intently to his son as Zach told him all about the Mortal Plane and the foods that he had fun making. "It sounds as though you had a wonderful time there," Denor smiled, patting his son on the shoulder.

"It was alright," Zach smiled. "But I don't want to go back. I'd rather stay here."

"You'll have to return to the Shadowlands eventually, my son," he chuckled.

"I will," the Prince nodded. "But I want to see as much as I can before mom and I move to the castle."

"Of course you do. But you can always visit the other castles after you've been inducted as my heir," Denor pointed out. "They will be glad for you to visit at any time. Especially now that the war is finally done."

Zach thought about that for a minute. "I guess you're right," he said with nod in agreement.

Denor smiled and winked at his wife before he pulled Zach into an obnoxious hug, similar to what his wife would do.

"Awww, daaaaad, come on," Zach laughed, trying to pull away. "You're just as bad as mom!"

"But my son, my boy, I will miss you sooooo much," he joked.

"Gaaahhhh daaaaaad," Zach laughed as he complained, squirming.