Fragments of Dreams

Panickingly, Miria gave her son a quick checkover. "Zach, are you alright," she asked, looking extremely concerned.

"I'm fine, Mom," he said, having got his breath back. "What the hell happened? How did you and her uncle know to come?"

"I'll explain when we get to the house. There are stronger barriers there," she said and shut the door before Zach could ask another question, and got in the driver's seat. She waited until they were all safely in the car before she started driving. Once they got to the house, she reinforced the barriers three times over and helped them get Molrim into the house. "Zach, go inside. Now," his mom ordered as he was standing and watching, waiting for an opportunity to help them. However, in hearing the urgency in his mom's voice, he nodded and did as he was told.

She helped get Molrim to the couch and turned to her son, letting the Princess work her healing magic on the Guardian. She sat down on the other couch next to Zach and looked at him. "You know how you can see shadows?" Zach nodded. "Humans can't see them. Occasionally they will see a weak shadow for a split second, out of the corner of their eye."

"..Are you saying I'm not human," Zach asked. He was taking this very calmly.

"You are not. Neither am I. We are from a different realm, a different Plane. One that was at war when I was pregnant with you, and your father insisted I come to the Mortal Plane to raise our baby where it would be safe. Your father died a few weeks later." She bit her lip to fight the tears that she'd never see her beloved again. "He was the King of the Shadowlands. His kingdom, our kingdom, has fallen and our people need us."

Edrea's facade remained in a grimace. She has been applying sheets of Sunrays on Molrim's wounds but the bleeding just won't stop. Fenris has been trying to wipe the blood around the wound, cleaning it. Fenris was a trained healer, but Edrea had more capacity to heal. She hasn't said a single word the whole time. Her mind was in a disarray but she knew she would be able to accomplish nothing if she allowed her panic to control her. They need to get back to the Realm as soon as possible.

Fenris looked over at the mother and son. If Zach's upset, he's hiding it very well. But there isn't enough time now. They need to get moving. And the only ones who can open portals are the children of the Gods. So it was either Edrea or the Prince. When Fenris saw that Molrim's wounds had stopped bleeding, he knew he could continue the healing. Molrim won't be completely healed, but it would be enough for him to travel back home. That way his recuperation will go faster. "Your Majesty," Fenris touched Edrea's arm lightly, not wanting to panic her. "You must prepare to open the portal now. I'll take care of Molrim." Edrea looked at him then back at Molrim. She applied another sheet of Sunray before whispering to Molrim: "the Great Sun will heal you," she promised.

An emergency portal takes a lot of energy and intricate preparations to make. Sons of Gods and Goddesses are able to do it as it is in their blood. They were taught about it in their dreams. It is the only way they would be able to get back in the Realm and back again. The dangers of these is that it could only be held open for a little time because it was only supposed to grant passage for one person. 5 people passing through would require a great deal of soul energy from Edrea but she's the only one able to do it.

She took glasses of water and put them in a circle. Then she found candles of different shapes and sizes and placed them outside the circle of the water. Edrea started taking off her clothes, leaving only her undergarments. They would use more of her soul-energy for the passage which would mean they'd probably burn off most of her body. She didn't need the clothes anyway. Edrea sat crossed-legged in the circle, facing the windows, away from them, where she could see the moon. In one swipe all the candles were lighted with Starfire. She began chanting a prayer to the Moon Goddess in their ancient tongue and her hands frantically formed intricate lines and symbols around her body which glowed purple. Soon the lines grew around her body, wrapping themselves all over her, glowing darker and darker by each passing second.

Fenris looked at Molrim, he was still awake but his breathing was labored. His wounds were no longer bleeding but the skin was still very thin. "We've got to get ready for the passage, Molrim." Fenris said as he started forming intricate markings of protection to grant them safe passage in between worlds but Molrim held his hand. "No, the Princess will not be able to hold all of us for passage. I must stay for the safety of the Princess."

Edrea couldn't hear them anymore. The chants she was making were starting to echo around her. Her hands moved fluidly, as if they she was dancing, and the water formed arcs and swirls around her body.

"Don't be stubborn, First Guard! Your duty is to protect the Princess and be with her at all times. We will not leave you here to die." Fenris was so much smaller compared to Molrim. But he can be quite bossy too. He continued the markings he was doing before he put Molrim to sleep. He would carry this big man whether he liked it or not.

The fires started to dance around Edrea as her head swayed with the rhythm of the echoing chants in her head. Water and fire combined themselves in the most beautiful arcs around her lithe form, her silver hair flowing around her like a halo. The markings in her body started to turn red, burning themselves into her skin like a tattoo.

"Queen Miria, Prince," Fenris addressed them before he too started putting the markings in their hands. He looked at Edrea. It was the most beautiful damnable scene he never wanted to see. Finally, he put the final markings to himself and grabbed one side of Molrim. "Please, carry his other side" Fenris said to the Prince.

She felt the burn of the markings on her skin before she felt them change to a different color. The markings around her body started to turn gold, making her shine in the middle amongst the fire and water. A portal had started to open up in front of her and she'll need every ounce of soul-energy she got to let all of them have a safe passage.

Once Fenris saw that the portal was enough to let them in, he looked at the Queen and his companions: "It's time. Let's go."

Zach had stared in disbelief as Jane suddenly started taking off her clothes and sat on the ground. He averted his eyes before he started to look at certain places and cleared his throat, his cheeks pink. His mother kept her hands on his shoulders, not wanting to let go of him. As Fenris asked them to help, Miria nodded to her son. "Grab his arm," she told him quietly, not wanting to interrupt the Princess' concentration. She helped as well, holding the Guardian's sleeping head so it wasn't drooped back at such an uncomfortable angle. "Don't let go until I say," she told her son, who nodded, looking over at the portal. He hoped he'd have enough strength to hold the big guy long enough to get through without dropping him.

"Let's go, home," she said and helped the boys through the portal.

Zach held on tightly to Molrim, holding his arm around his neck.

Edrea felt her soul stretch and become immaterial. She has vanished from their eyes, separating her soul energy to hold the portal open. Fenris was not comfortable with this idea but there's not enough time to feel the uneasiness. He looked at the Prince and nodded. They all stepped through together as the Queen held Molrim's head.

Once they were inside the portal Edrea's soul felt like it was sucked out. After everyone had passed through Edrea herself fell from the portal, completely naked and drained of energy. For half a second she was able to recognize the Orian's grand towers before completely passing out.

Zack stared in awe, though he made sure to keep his grip on Molrim. He was entirely speechless as he took a look at their surroundings.

Miria gently let Molrim's head go and took her jacket off, lying it over the Princess to cover her. She saw several guards at their posts. "Guards, can you please help us," she asked of them. "And can someone call for the Healers?" She didn't feel right ordering the guards around when she'd been gone for eighteen years. "Zach, stay with Fenris if we get separated," she told her son.

"Where are you going," he asked, frowning over his shoulder, as much as he could over the big guy's arm.

"I'm not going anywhere yet. But if I do, stay with Fenris," she told him.

"Alright," he said, looking over at the other "Uncle" of "Jane". He wasn't all that upset that they lied about their names. He understood now why they lied. But he didn't know why they didn't just come out and say who they were, if they knew who his mom and him were. Oh, well. He wondered what would happen now. He was a Prince? What did that entail? At least he'd learn the extent of his powers and learn more about who his dad was.

castle_in_the_mountains_by_meisl-d4v96fi.jpgglasshelm.jpg[SPOILI]this is the Orian. XD Minus the burning stuff yeah? Ok cool. I'll post the picture of Shadowlands later when we get there xD it's also about... uhm... middle of dawn there? i still haven't fully grasped the time thing for the Kingdoms: The Orian, Shadowlands, etc haha I know the images don't match but just combine them. hahahaha [/SPOILI]

The guards just stood by Princess Edrea, not touching her or doing anything really. Fenris, with great difficulty, motioned for some of them to take Molrim. "Take the First Guard to his quarters and call the Healer," Fenris told one guard then looked at the Prince. "Your Majesty," he bowed his head deeply, the rest of the guards following suit, falling on one knee. "We are not permitted to touch the Princess as we are only the servants of the Kingdom. With due all your respect, please take the Princess to her quarters." Fenris kept his head bowed, one of the guards have already brought a thin sheet made of Dreamwebs to cover the Princess. He, too, kept his head bowed.

Attachments

• 046686cc73b8f26f340a6ed5b619f580.jpg
    046686cc73b8f26f340a6ed5b619f580.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2
Zach blinked, embarrassed from having several men bowing to him. Him, who had never even known of this place until just a few minutes ago. "Alight, I'll get her. But please don't bow to me..."

"You are the son of the King of the Shadowlands, Zach. You won't lose respect so easily," she said.

"Was Dad really that awesome," he asked, looking over at his mom as he gently picked up the Princess into his arms. He made sure the fabric kept her covered.

"He was," she smiled. "But the time for stories is not now. Can you show us to her quarters, please," she asked Fenris or the guards.

[spoili]Oh my god that's AWESOME :D[/spoili]

Four guards stood at ready, leading the Princess and the Prince to her quarters. "Prepare the quarters of the Queen of the Shadowlands. Let no one else know that they have returned. Secure the Light Barriers. Double the guards. Awaken the High Guards and have them assemble at the West Wing." When Fenris finished speaking to the guards, he bowed at the Queen. "Queen Miria, may I please request your audience? I believe we have a war to win."

Miria smiled. "Of course. Go with the Guards, Zach. I'll be there shortly," she smiled at her son.

Zach nodded, not a little lost. "Okay," he said and followed the Guards as he carried the unconscious Princess in his arms. He looked down at her and adjusted her so he had a better grip on her, while trying not to touch too-private places. He managed to do so and walked with more confidence alongside the Guards.

The Shadow Queen accompanied Fenris. She felt much more at home, even if she hadn't gotten a chance to relax yet. She didn't feel like a struggling single mother. She felt like a queen, empowered and respected. She hoped her son would feel the same way soon, instead of being embarrassed as he so clearly was. She knew they would have to erase his human memories soon.

The Princess' handmaidens stood at the four corners of her bed, but they all bowed when they saw the Prince. They are the only ones blessed by the Gods to touch the Princess. The Guards stood at the door and let the Prince and the Princess in. The Averman, the God's chosen healer for the Kingdom but mostly the Princess', stood in an all white robe at the side. He was old, one of the oldest in the kingdom. His hair was a dull white, unlike the Princess' that looked practically vibrant and alive. He smiled kindly at the Prince, knowing who he was the moment he saw him. The mission had not been in vain. But the current state of the Princess was not something to rejoice.

He motioned for the Prince to lay the Princess on her bed. When the Prince had stepped back, the Averman stepped forward and created a transparent energy dome for the Princess to assess the Princess' current state and help her heal. After a few seconds a frown formed on his face. The Princess had used too much energy in making the portal. A part of her soul had been engulfed and it would be impossible to recuperate it by just using healing wards. With this kind of soul damage, the Princess might never wake up again. The Averman shook his head lightly, the grim expression on his face not once faltering. He took away the energy dome, allowing the handmaidens to dress the Princess. He led the Prince to the anti-chamber while they prepared the Princess for bed.

He bowed to the Shadow Prince, showing him his respect. The only person in the kingdom who has enough soul energy to help the Princess would be the Prince. Not even their most powerful Paladin would be able to recuperate such a loss. "Your Majesty, Prince of the Shadowlands, if I may be so bold to ask for your kind assistance in order to help the Princess... She has lost a huge part of her soul energy, if not recuperated, this could lead to the Princess' eternal slumber. Prince, on behalf of the whole kingdom of the Orian, we would like to request for you to allow the Princess to feed off of your soul energy for the time being."

The High Guards sat around the great table of the West Wing. Fenris entered first, bowing at the side as the Queen entered the room. All the High Guards of the Kingdoms stood and bowed as the Queen entered. The Firewielders felt their hearts rose at the sight of their Princess. The Shadows felt a flicker of hope at the sight of their beautiful Queen.

Zach watched, making sure to stay out of the way. He frowned as the old man shook his head. He followed the older man when they began to dress the Princess. "I don't know how to control my powers... But I'll do what I can to help her," he nodded. "Just... Tell me what to do," he said. He felt like a helpless kid. One who didn't know what to do in case of emergencies. At this point, he just felt he was in the way.

Miria smiled at them all as she entered with Fenris, and returned the bow. "My friends. You've all done a wonderful job. I thank you for what you've done for me, it truly humbles." She took her seat and motioned for them all to do the same. "It is good to be out of the Mortal Plane. It seems we need to take care of some pests before I can go back to my own castle. Can someone update me on the details, please," she asked, looking around the long table where the Guards and herself sat.

The Averman smiled. It appears the Prince has taking a liking to the Princess. It is his appointed duty after all to watch for the welfare of the Princess. But that will come in another time. "We need to encase the Princess in an energy shield in order for her soul to recuperate the lost particles faster. Since she is in the Orian it should be easy for her body to heal. But the damage isn't physical and her soul is a completely different matter. Instead we will reverse this process. We won't let any other energies around her particles and instead allow her soul to feed on yours. Being that of a son of God, your souls are the closest match in all of the Kingdoms. All this requires, my Prince, is for you and the Princess to stay in a close parameter with each other. Preferably as physically close as you can get. You may share the bed with the Princess and if that isn't to your liking, we will have to lock up a whole room. Although, that would be an entirely more difficult process." The Averman watched the young Prince carefully. It could be tricky for the Prince and the Princess in the future, but if this isn't done now, there will be no future.

"My Queen," a High Guard from the Shadowlands stood and bowed. "If I may be so bold to speak," his eyes were cast down. There were very few survivors. He was the newest High Guard of the Shadowlands and there was only 3 survivors from the attack. "They have completely taken over the Shadowlands in the past Lights. We have taken all of the citizens of the Shadowlands to the Selenian, the Orian, and the Hellthorne."

"Have we yet to find out who is leading the upheaval?" Fenris asked. They knew the Dawntreaders were acting up. But they could not figure out who was leading it or why.

One of the High Guards, Adro, a member of the elite group called Bazaleel or "Shadow of the God", spoke up. "We have reasons to believe that the orders are coming directly from the Queen of the Dawntreaders. But they're inside information of the Shadowlands and the Orian is rather too extensive."

"Dawntreaders were at the Mortal Plane. The Princess and the Prince were attacked. What is your explanation for this?"

Another High Guard of the Orian, Gobel, spoke up. "It was an inside attack. 3 Dawntreaders were able to pass through the Gates. The others were held captive but they simply killed themselves." Fenris' expression turned grim. He didn't like this at all. "We have re-checked all the Guards of the Orian and everyone has been accounted for."

"That is not enough. Now that we have the Princess and the Shadow Prince, we must ensure their safety above anything else." Fenris was the acting Hand of the Orian while the Princess is out of commission. However, the Queen will be able to have the last word.

[SPOILI]Hey, you may use the guards or the high guards as NPCs. It don't matter. Also, details:
-Averman: appointed by a God to watch over his/her child on the Kingdoms. Your character may also have one if you desire.

-High Guards consists of 7 members. Idk why, they just do. hahaha but seriously. They have really high positions. Their mission is to protect the Royals at all costs. Every Kingdom has one.

-Bazaleel or the "Shadows of God", used to have 5 but now only has 4 members. The 5th one was the agent of the Dawntreaders and therefore taken out after the first war. They are the highest ranking untouchables of the Kingdoms. They hold power over all the High Guards of every kingdom. They keep the peace and all that kinda fun stuffs.

-Kingdoms:
Shadowlands - Zach's-Miria's/Shadow King-although he's dead so byebye
The Orian- Sun King/Edrea's
The Selenian- Moon Queen/Edrea's too (buuut she don't live there so whatevs)
---Dreamland-under the Selenia but we never know. They might have a part here later. Basically Dreamweavers, Dreamwalkers, they live here and such.
Hellthorne- Miria's-Zach's-Your parents (up to you if you want them to be alive or not)
Dawntreaders-bad people! hahaha lemme know if u wanna control this or whatnot. xD

Basically the 4 characters I'm holding right now:
Edrea, Fenris, Molrim, Averman of the Orian

You may also use everyone else not on my list like the tiny peons and stuffs xD[/SPOILI]

The Prince listened carefully to the older man. He was the sun of a God? His mom or his dad, then? They just called mom the Queen. He still hadn't learned much about his dad... "All I have to do is stay close," Zach double-checked. He didn't want to mess anything up. "I don't mind staying in the bed. The closer, the faster. Right?" He did care about Jane, or whatever her real name was. "But... Can souls heal? Will she really be alright," he asked, unsure if it would really work. Then again, what did he know? Nothing, that's what. Some Prince he was...

The Queen nodded in approval at the Guards having made sure the survivors were safe, though her expression was grim at the though of her late husband's kingdom being taken by those awful Dawntreaders. As the discussion went on, Miria listened intently. She thought for a moment, trying to find the best solution to getting her husband's kingdom back and get rid of the Dawntreaders for good, while keeping her son and the Princess safe. However, her mind being used to thinking of picking her son up from school and when to pay the more important bill, she could think up no efficient solution to their problem. "If they have been manipulating Shadows on the Mortal Plane, then they surely know my son and I have returned. In which case, they would be preparing for an attack while they know the Princess is recovering."

"My Prince," the Averman smiled. "Princess Edrea had risked her soul to be able to transport you and your mother back into the Kingdoms. Yes, the damage is extensive but she can and she will heal with your help. If everything is done correctly, it will only take her 5 lights to fully recover. That's ah, days, in the Mortal Plane." Just then a handmaiden knocked on their door and opened it, bowing as the Averman and the Prince re-entered Edrea's room. "The handmaidens will stay in the anteroom and the guards will just be outside. Queen Miria's room will be in the West Wing of the castle. If there is anything you need, please, do not hesitate to let us know. No one and nothing may go in and out of the barrier. However, we can remove it from time to time for your sake. Right now, we need you to help the Princess. It is the best help you can offer us in this time of dire need." The Averman motioned for the Prince to get in the bed so he may be able to put up the Soul Containment Barrier. The Orian usually runs on Edrea's soul energy and having this barrier around would keep the Orian from using her energy, but also make sure no one else knows of her or his presence.

"They won't know that the Princess is currently recovering. We have created a double for her who emits the same soul signature as she does. Nobody knows that the Princess has even left the Kingdoms," it was Fenris who spoke. "The faux-Princess is currently sleeping in another bed and she will function as if she was the real Princess. Although, we really want the real one to recover as quickly as possible." There was a knock on the door and they let him in. He bowed and spoke without truly looking at anyone.

"My liege, the Averman would like to inform you that the Princess has began the healing process to be assisted by the Shadow Prince." Fenris nodded in approval. "Give me reports about the First Guard's current situation." The messenger nodded, bowed, and left. Then Fenris whispered at the Queen, "My Queen, I think now would be the best time to give the Shadow King's Dream-crystal to the Prince."

Edrea, so that was her name. He'd remember that for later. He followed the Averman back into Edrea's room and looked at the Princess. She looked peaceful, like she was sleeping. He hoped she wasn't in pain. He looked back at the old man. "Thank you. I don't think I'll need anything for a while. It was getting late on Ear- er.. the Mortal Plane," he corrected himself. "I'll probably just sleep for a while." He got into the bed and laid down next to Edrea, rolling onto his side to face her. He took her hand and held it. He felt a little awkward, being so close, but he soon just let the awkwardness go. He wasn't doing anything wrong, and no one was accusing him of such - he hoped. He scooted closer so his chest was touching her arm and laid his head down on the pillow. Despite having had the craziest day of his life, he was still too wound up to sleep, so he thought about all the questions he would ask his mom.

Miria smiled. "As thorough as ever," she commented. She then nodded in approval at the messenger after he spoke. It didnt' surprise her that Zach would want to help in some way. Especially when he was the only one who could. "I was just about to say the same thing," she whispered with a smile back at Fenris. She rose and looked at every one of the Guards who had gathered. "I cannot thank you enough for your loyalty. It is just as strong as the day I left to the Mortal Plane. You humble your Queen," she smiled warmly at them. "Please make sure to strengthen the defenses as Fenris suggested upon our arrival. We will begin planning to take back the Shadowlands soon," she said with a hint of a mischievous grin and the fire in her eyes burning, proving her to be Princess of the Firebringers. "For now, I must retire. If you'll excuse me," she gave a bow of thanks to the Guards and left the room. The Shadow King's Dream-crystal was around her neck, hidden under the fabric of her shirt. She didn't look very Queen-like at the moment, but she sure as hell had the air of one.

Arriving at the Princess's quarters, she knocked on the door and entered. She smiled at the Averman. "I have something to give my son," she told him quietly, feeling like she spoke too loudly in the quiet room. She looked at the bed. Normally, she would tease him for lying so close to a girl. But they weren't exactly in a normal situation.

The Averman simply smiled and nodded. He bowed deeply as the Queen passed him by. He has yet to finish putting up the barrier. He watched Mother and Son interact with each other. He couldn't help but notice how much the Prince resembled the fall King of the Shadowlands. The King would be so proud to have such a good son.

Fenris followed behind the Queen. When he was inside, he took the Averman to the side. "How is she?" Fenris was concerned for the Princess. There are only about a handful of people who are able to have gotten close to her and Fenris, being her tutor, was one of those. "Her soul is in a very weak state. Her natural body is unharmed. But it would take time to be able for her to regain the soul energy she's lost during the transportation through the portal. But... just the mere presence of the Prince seems to make a good progress on the Princess' health. How long have they been acquainted in the Mortal Plane? Their spirit connection is rather remarkable."

Fenris smiled with a naughty glint on his eye. "Barely 24 hours, my dear friend. It seems we have a great alliance to witness."

Zach saw his mom and sat back up. He looked concerned. "Mom, I don't know anything about this place. Or whatever powers I have."

"I know," she told him, sitting on the edge of the bed. She took the necklace from around her neck and put it around his. "This is a Dream-crystal. It holds memories that you can see while you sleep. This particular one holds your father's memories." She smiled at her son gently. "Some of your questions will be answered through this. The rest, you are free to ask anyone. They do not look down on you for not knowing, son," she added, fixing his hair. It was starting to get shaggy. "They know you've been in the Mortal Plane since before you were born. They're just happy we are back and can help fight for our home." She smiled warmly at him. "I'm so proud of you, Zach. Your father would be, too." She did a very motherly, possibly embarrassing, thing and kissed his forehead. "Sleep now. I'll come see you later," she smiled.

Zach smiled, feeling much better. "Thanks, Mom," he murmured and laid back down. "Love you."

Miria smiled and patted her son's leg. "I love you, too." She got up and went over to the Averman and Fenris. "Not even that long. You crashed into us early this afternoon," she chuckled.

Zach, having been comforted by his Mom, was able to relax enough in the very comfortable bed to close his eyes and drift off to sleep, lying with his arm over Edrea protectively, his mouth a few inches above her shoulder.

The Averman gave them a kind smile before stepping forward and commencing on putting up the Soul Containment Barrier. Fenris took a moment to look at the Princess and the Prince, and having been satisfied at what he saw, faced the Queen. "The young royals are asleep, Queen Miria. Perhaps it is also time for you to rest in your quarters?"

Edrea's soul was currently unreachable. It would take some time for her to find her way back. Her sleep was dark, dreamless, and cold. They could only hope the Prince of the Shadows' sleep wasn't the same.

Miria smiled as the barrier was put up around the bed. She turned to Fenris as he spoke, and nodded in agreement. "That sounds absolutely lovely," she admitted. And a nice hot bath, too, she thought. Having visited Orian several times throughout her life, she knew the way to her quarters by heart. "Thank you for your help, Fenris." She smiled at him and left to her own quarters. She drew her own bath and relaxed in it, cleaning herself. Once she was done with that, she toweled off and dressed in the clothes she'd left there, which amazingly still fit perfectly. Feeling much more like a queen, albeit one that was going to bed, she closed the curtains and turned off the lights to lay down and sleep.

Zach's dreams made no sense at first. He was looking at his mom, but she was in a dress and looked younger. He had no control over this dream, to look down and see what he was wearing, so he just watched as his dream-self walked over to his mom and took her hand.

He kissed the soft hand of the Princess of the Firebringers. "My Lady. What an honor it is for you allow me to stay here for the evening." His voice was deep and smooth. He looked up and his eyes met hers. He noticed her blush and the excited fire that danced in her eyes. It was quite lovely, he thought. He could sit there and watch them for hours.

"Oh my Lord, it is no trouble at all," she blushed brighter, smiling at him. "It is a night for celebration, and I expect it will go late into the night. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish," she smiled.

She was very hospitable, too. Caring about her guests. "You are very kind, Princess," he bowed to her. He blinked as she tensed. "Is something wrong," he asked, standing to look at her curiously.

She curtsied deeply. "I-I'm sorry my Lord. I've never had a God bow to me before," she stammered. She seemed flustered and embarrassed.

He laughed lightly and reached out to gently raise her chin. "Don't think of me as a God this evening, Miria," he murmured. "I am just another person like you. Call me Denor," he insisted as he took her to the dance floor.

A small child with shimmering white hair rode on top of a large four-legged animal with sharp claws and the softest striped fur of the darkest night. Her smile and laughter echoed through the whole courtyard with the distant screams of her guards.
“Princess Edrea! Please be careful!” But she was a child and she was bound to be reckless. It was the first time she had ever been on her Animus. It was the first time anyone that young was ever able to ride on their Animus. It had panicked and surprised everybody but Edrea. She didn’t think it was anything special or dangerous. But her tiny hands hastily clutched the Animus’s neck and there had been no saddle for they never thought she would even be able to ride until she was until ten auroras. To their best knowledge, the Princess was barely even three auroras.
As her Animus, Sylvana, ran around hastily, also still very young, she did not think of the repercussions of having a toddler rider. “Fastah! Fastah!” cried the young Princess to her Animus who smiled in return and did as she was told. But as she jumped over a hedge, the young Princess has lost her hold and instead gravity took a hold of her. There was a look of confused panic that passed through her features before she realized that she was falling and it was going to hurt. She pressed her eyes closed, preparing for impact.
But before she hit the ground she felt a strong pair of arms catch her and the warmth of a chest. “Umf,” she groaned as she was caught.
“Edrea,” came an admonishing tone of voice from her brother. She looked up warily at him, afraid that he would be angry at her. “You must never ride your Animus without a saddle,” he looked down at her with a solid glare, “understood?”
She nodded meekly in response. He continued looking at her with the same hard stare and she swallowed.
“Yes, brother.”
He barely gave an acknowledgement of her response as he silently stood and carried her back to their castle. She continued watching him but he barely gave her a glance, so she simply burrowed herself to the warmth and safety of her brother’s arms before she fell asleep.

Edrea felt the sun caressing her eyelids, willing her to wake up. She smiled, slowly opening her eyes. The smile on her face grew when she recognized her surroundings. She was home! As she tried to get up she noticed the weight on her waist. She found an arm which was then connected to a face that was very close to her body. It was... Zach? Then she remembered. Their transportation through the portal had been a success but she could remember nothing else more than that. As to why he was sleeping next to her, she had no idea. But before she could think of anything else, the Soul Containment Barrier had been released, the Averman quickly bowing next to Edrea. "Y-your Majesty!" He seemed to be awestruck. "I--we did not expect for you to heal so soon!"

"Arthran," Edrea called the Averman by his birth name, "why is the Prince of the Shadowlands in my bed?"

"Your Majesty, we have requested for the Prince's assistance in trying to heal your soul. We expected for you to be healed in 5 lights... Your Majesty, you arrived here last night."

"Huh," she said, looking at Zach. "Interesting." She gingerly tried to take away his hand from her waist, but holding onto it longer than necessary. She'd thank him later. "Prepare some food for the Prince. Make sure he is well taken care of," she said to one of her handmaidens. "Prepare my bath and have the High Guards gather at the Solstice Chamber. Tell the faux-Princess she is relieved of her duty."