Fragments of Dreams

"Yeah, he's a nice guy," Zach smiled. She didn't seem to get the hint his friend had thrown at her. For that, he was thankful. "The office is to your left when you enter the building," he said, leading her into the office. Thankfully, the receptionist was still there. "I'm showing the new girl around," he told her. "She needs to get her schedule and school books."

"Oh, sure thing. What's your name, sweetheart," the receptionist asked, typing something into the computer. She looked up at the girl to patiently wait for her answer.

She faltered for a bit, getting used to the whole place. "Oh, I'm Jane. Jane Summers." She smiled at the elderly woman, hoping to be convincing enough. She smiled at Zach when suddenly a huge group of guys covered in blue paint came through the halls and was screaming loudly which scared her to bits and made her grab onto Zach in a position to go fight or flight. But she was relieved when they simply went through another door. She gave a sigh of relief however her hold to Zach did not falter.

"Alright, let's pull up your stuff here," the woman smiled, typing more into the computer. "Ah, here we are~" She pressed "Print" and the machine fired up to spit out her schedule. She took the paper off the printer and wrote down which books she would need.

Zach jumped at their loud classmates and looked at Jane curiously. She looked scared to death. "Those are the football kids," he told her. "They're a... how do you put it... Lively bunch," he chuckled, patting her hand in an attempt to sooth her. He waved to some of the painted kids when they caught sight of him, and they waved back, continuing on their route.

"I wrote down what books you'll need," the secretary told them, putting the paper on the counter. "If you go to the library, the lady there will help you," she smiled. "I trust you'll show her where that is," she asked Zach.

"Yep," he grinned. "Thanks again," he said and led Jane out of the office. "The library is right down this hall," he said, turning to the right. He looked back at her; she looked like she might be overwhelmed. "You alright? Should we go slower," he asked.

"Thank you, Madam." Edrea said as she took the paper and looked at it: World History, Pre-calculus, English Literature, Gym, Chemistry. Those were foreign to her. Except for World History and English Literature, which should be no problem to her as Fenris made sure she was taught well about the Mortal Plane. But Gym? What is that? Chemistry? Is that some sort of Alchemy? And what in the Goddess' name is Pre-calculus?

"I'm... alright. It's just... confusing is all. What is Gym? And those... football kids? I don't understand. Why do they do that? What are they?"

Zach looked at her. "Gym is physical education. They make you run around and stuff," he said, looking at her schedule. "We've got Gym and Chemistry together. Last two classes of the day." She seemed concerned by the schedule she'd received. "Don't worry. I'll help you with what I can. And if you talk to the teachers, they'll help you too," he assured her as they entered the library.

"You're here late," the librarian smiled at them. He noticed Jane looking at her schedule with a confused look. "What can I help you with?"

"She's new and she needs her text books," Zach told him, walking up to the desk.

"You came to the right place," the middle-aged man smiled. "Can I see your schedule, please," he asked Jane.

Edrea handed him the paper she was holding. "Thank you, sir." She's never felt more helpless in her life. She's always known what to do, always been prepared. People came to her for their problems! She represented her parents at the Orian! She felt the weight of it all sort of bearing down on her but then she looked outside the windows and saw the afternoon sun's rays brightly shining and smiled, 'Father,' she thought to herself.

She looked up at Zach and she knew they would be good friends. For now, she might need his help but soon enough, she'll be able to help him as well. "Thank you, Zach." She smiled up at him as they waited for the bookkeeper to get her books.

The librarian smiled and stood. "I'll bright back with your books," he promised her and got up. He turned to the back wall and entered the room where all the text books were kept.

Zach looked down at her and smiled. "Don't mention it," he said. "I'm glad to help. And as to who the football kids are, they're on the football team, and some of them were very spirited fans of the team. It's a very rowdy sport. Fun to watch. I'll take you to the next home game, if you'd like to go," he offered with a smile.

"I would be delighted," Edrea answered sincerely with a smile. Except she didn't really think that would happen. Their people need them. And no matter how curious she is, she could never forsake them. Maybe they could hold football court games after the war? This was driving her insane. She wanted to be back home so badly.

"Do you play football and paint yourself blue, too?"

He laughed. "No, no, no. I'll wear a school shirt, but that's about the extend of my school spirit. But I'll go to a football game every now and then with my friends," he smiled. "You're welcome to come out with us anytime. It's always fun. And we don't only go to football games," he chuckled.

Friends, she thought. What a strange concept. A prince has friends and watching football games. How terrible that they must take him away from the comforts of mortality. "Our school has a spirit?" She asked, confused. She didn't think they would be aware of spirits in this world. How odd this world is becoming to her.

He thought a moment. "Hmm. Well, if you think about it like that, I guess everything has some kind of spirit. But that's not what I was talking about. The spirit I'm talking about is what the pride the students have for the school is. Being spirited about your school is a good thing, as far as colleges are concerned," he said thoughtfully.

"Here are your books, Miss Summers," the librarian smiled, coming in with a pile of books in his arms. He set them down on the desk in front of the two students. "They're all checked out for you. You'll turn them into your teacher on the last day of this school year. If you need any more help concerning books or research, don't be afraid to ask us," he smiled at her.

Zach grabbed the books. He grunted a little from the weight, but he had a firm grip on them. "Thanks again," he smiled at the librarian. "Alright, let's go see your locker and dump these off there," he smiled at Jane.

Edrea thought about what he said and nodded. That seems rational, the whole everything has a spirit thing. She didn't fully grasp the whole pride thing but she could see it when she compares it to Molrim being proud of being a Guardian.

She smiled warmly at the librarian. "Thank you, I have a feeling I will be back here soon enough." She liked the library. She loved books. Whether it literature from the Mortal Plane or their own. It always made her feel good.

Edrea looked at Zach. The books looked heavy and she wanted to help. "Let me help you, please." She'd ask later what locker meant but right now, she wanted to help him. She wasn't exactly completely useless. She could actually carry things 5 times heavier than her actual weight.

Zach looked at her. "Alright. I take half, you take half," he offered, handing her half of the books. He took another glance at her schedule, which also had her locker number on it. "Looks like your locker is upstairs. You can tell by the locker number." He led her upstairs and found her locker. "Here we are," he said and set the books down on the ground. He showed her how to open the locker and the easiest way to put her books in there so they won't get so damaged and she'll be able to grab them easily between classes. "Alright, now let's see your classes." He led her around the school, showing her the quickest way to get to the rooms.

> [spoili]As for the necklace that holds the memories in it. Was that for Miria/Amber to wear when she sleeps, or for Zach when he sleeps? I meant to ask that the other day and completely forgot XD[/spoili]

Edrea followed him silently, easily handling the books in her small frame. He was so nice and helpful, exactly befitting to be a prince. But what would happen once he finds out that she hasn't been telling him the truth? She hoped he'd understand. They were walking down the halls now, him showing her each and every room she would have to go to in order to attend her classes but before they could move on to another one she held his hand back, making him stop.

"Zach, thank you. I can't tell you enough how much gratitude I have for you. I hope one day I will be able to repay the favor." But deep inside her she's thinking that she won't be able to. They are going to ask him to forget everything he's ever known in this world and fight a war for another's survival. He's only a boy, too young for a mortal but he was born a Prince, protector of the Realm, just like she is. The only difference was that all her life this was all she ever knew but he didn't even know there was a much better world befitting for him.

>[SPOILI]I think it would be better for Zach to wear it then perhaps Miria could get it later on xD[/SPOILI]

> [spoili]Ahh, kay~ ^^ Sorry, I might start asking a lot more questions. I don't wanna mess up your idea~ *Loving this <3*[/spoili]

Zach blinked and looked at her, wondering why she'd made him stop. "Oh, it's not a problem," he said sincerely. "I'm glad to help, really I am." He had no idea that his mother was gonna tell him everything tonight. He had no idea of the dangers and challenges lying ahead. To his knowledge, final exams and finding a college were the hardest things on his current path. "What brought all this on," he asked with a little chuckle. He didn't think it was that big of a deal to show a new student around.

"Nothing," Edrea smiled and they continued walking comfortably next to each other. "Your mother raised you well, Zach. She's amazing." She should know. She's heard lots of stories about her. The most popular one was how the God of the Shadows, once living in the Realm with her parents, left the Realm to be with his Mother, the Princess of the Fire-bringers. He was demoted from being a God but his kingdom was retained under his command. The Realm was the only place no other creature could reach. Not the Guardians nor the people, not even the children of the Gods. All of them were sent from the Realm into their own kingdoms to rule and prove themselves worthy before entering the Realm after their death, making them immortal. But that won't be for a long, long time.

>[SPOILI]It's alright. No problem. Go ahead and ask away. You're doing so well. I love everything! :D Thank youuu![/SPOILI]

> [spoili]This post. Does this mean the King might be in the Realm? Or is he dead-dead? :o And you're welcomeeee <3[/spoili]

Zach smiled at the compliment. "Thanks. Yeah, I think she did a good job, especially for raising me on her own. That had to be hard," he said, his voice trailing off a bit. He didn't want to dump his life story, or what he had interpreted it to be, on her. He barely knew her, but he felt like he could trust her. The story would probably bore her, anyway. He hadn't even shared it with his close friends. In reality, he did want a bond with his dad. But, as far as he knew, his dad had gone off to fight in a war and had died. His mom had dated, but wasn't really interested. She told her son that she loved his father too much, and that her heart would always belong to him. She'd never love like that again, but she'd been trying to find a father figure for him. But she realized she'd been comparing them all to his father, which wasn't fair on anyone. She gave up on dating after that, and focused her attention on her boy. "But she's one tough cookie," he chuckled.

"I was raised by my uncles. I lived with them my whole life." She gave him a sad smile. Edrea didn't want to tell him any more lies than necessary. She hoped he'd find out the truth soon enough and be able to accept it. She truly felt like she could use an ally and a friend like him.

Then she looked up and saw a girl excitedly running towards their way. "Zacharoni!" She screamed as she engulfed Zach in a hug, literally jumping on him. Edrea was almost thrown away considering the close parameter of her and Zach. And what in the world was a 'Zacharoni'?

"You missed lunch! And the rest of the day! Where were you?"

>[SPOILI]He's dead-dead. :( Oh, and please give her any name you want. I don't think she'd be a very important character. Hahaha xD She just came outta nowhere![/SPOILI]

"They seem nice," he gave her an understanding smile. If she didn't want to say, then he'd respect that. "Although that big uncle... I'm not gonna lie, he's kind of intimidating," he chuckled. He blinked and nearly fell over as Ashley glomped him. "Holy- Jeeze," he said and put her down. "Mom picked me up for lunch today. I ran into Jane and her uncles. She's new to town. I thought I'd show her around."

Edrea gave her a warm smile. "Hello," she said, extending her hand. It was obvious that even in this Plane, he was loved.

"Hi, I'm Ashley." They shook hands but Ashley never removed her hold from Zach. Edrea found it strange. She's only ever had skin to skin contact with a handful of people in her life, including Ashley. She was a daughter of the Great Gods, their people treated her as a Goddess. And Zach was technically half-God.

"So where are you guys heading after this? We're all meeting up at the Crash, you guys should totally come."

Edrea looked at Zach helplessly. The Crash? That doesn't sound very pleasant at all.

"I'm afraid I might have to decline your kind offer. I'm not very familiar with it..." Edrea didn't understand why but her gaze kept on returning to the fact that Ashley kept her hold on Zach's arm.

"Oh, you should totally come! Man, you speak so nice and proper. You sound like a royal princess or something!" Ashley was a very, very excited person and Edrea could almost feel it pouring out of her pores. Edrea only smiled at her statement. She simply looked at Zach, hoping for some social salvation.