Fourth Rock - Reservations Closed

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the last collaborative I did with T'Shara proved that I didn't quite explain gentles as well as I should have. I'll be adding this to the main thread, but here it is in case you don't feel like scrolling through all that:

Originally intended as a means of taming animals quickly towards the latter half of the 21st century, the process of 'gentling' became extremely common on the new frontier of Mars as a form of indentured servitude in order to ensure their support in working the new colony. However, this process could not be reverted, and this generation of poor individuals attempting to save themselves ended up permanently transfigured into a servant caste. After the horrifying news of the process had become widespread, it was quickly outlawed on Mars' moon, though through bureaucracy it never made it to the planet itself. Now they are servants to the high and mighty, though often used be criminals as guards, lapdogs, or hands-on dirty job workers.

They will not raise a hand to defend themselves and are generally unresponsive to their environment except things they perceive as direct commands. Often they must be force-fed, with nutrient compounds administered daily being the best format to keep them running. While machine muscles are quickly becoming common again, Gentled are both a sign of status and far cheaper...Not to mention, they can be used to remove potential enemies, for it can be a punishment worse than death.

Yay chemical lobotomies??? :-P
science-nuke.gif

Evil science... Aperture Science... :-P

Aperture Science made the technology! (Just kidding.)

My response remains the same.

Go on ahead.

Do I need to make a character now or can I just say RESERVE and that be it x3.

You've got three days, though I doubt we'll be seeing so many people that we'll need to resort to a time limit.

Hi @Tonedeaf ! Welcome to our merry band of criminals! :-P We are moving pretty slowly right now, but things aren't dead. Everyone is just pretty busy. But we are all awesome. And you can trust me, my opinion is totally unbiased. ;-P

Silly. It would be very hard to die from it in a few hours.... No, it must be slower and more painful than that.

T'Shara's 100% opinion-free, she's a scientist or somethin', so it must be fact.

You guys <33 Now who should I create a sexy serial killer posing as one of those call girl what a macallits. Or a crazy arsonist :3

Crazy arsonist led to Vladimir being an issue... Um, I'd go with the serial killer. That'll be interesting.

Sounds good, I just need to flesh the character out and decide a backround and weapon choice. All my gear needs to be able to be carried correct?

Not necessarily. Just remember there is a limit to what you can carry. For example, you could have a small 'armory' of stuff, but you couldn't carry it around with you.

Serial killer sounds fun. We prefer characters who aren't going to burn the ENTIRE setting on a whim...

(Nothing against you, just a bad experience...)

Also, why am I the only one who decided to play a character who had never killed anyone? :-P And no, Zona doesn't count, she's 14.

*Stops the counter-post*

You don't know if Garrett has yet.

Deffinetly not thinking of a small armory. More or less a flashy handgun something else that I could sneek into a room and a sniper rifle she could take apart and put together. As for gear change of cloths food and some basic survival stuff in a sand colored backpack.

I thought Garrett was a soldier? :-P But yeah, that's a fair point.

Fine, let me rephrase. "Why am I the only non-GM who made a character who hasn't ever murdered anyone?"

Status
Not open for further replies.